Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kendall Jenner's home is surprisingly tasteful but somewhat bland

Still not sure why celebrities pay big bucks to interior designers to make their living rooms look like high end Pottery Barn cast offs though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 4, 2020 9:18 PM

It looks pretty soulless and unoriginal.

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2020 4:23 PM

Nothing wrong with that house. Some of you have odd taste. On another note, does just anyone get the "supermodel" honorific now?

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2020 4:28 PM

I like it. If it seems cold, it’s probably because there’s too much white.

by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2020 4:30 PM

White is “classy” in their circles. Meghan Markle is a big fan of that “clean” look.

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2020 5:16 PM

I wouldn’t call a wall of neon cursive “tasteful”, but it seems like an aberration. Most of the house is. I’d take it.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2020 5:18 PM

A little too much white but otherwise, yes I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Also the marble kitchen counters did not go with the plumbing fixtures. Sick to death of that kind of stone in kitchens.

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2020 5:32 PM

I wonder how old the house is. The living room, which I love, gives me a silent-era-Hollywood feeling.

I wish such articles weren't obliged to feature quotes from the designer (figuratively) fellating the homeowner. This short piece is larded with them.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2020 5:43 PM

It’s fairly inoffensive. I could live there but that neon sculpture shitehawkery would have to go. I don’t care if it’s art. It’s migraine inducing.

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2020 6:19 PM

R1 "soulless and unoriginal" just as the owner.

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2020 6:28 PM

As much as I agree with you r9, she looks good in that photo. Normally that kind of dress looks cheap and Walmart-y, but it actually looks funky and interesting in the pic. Whoever styled her did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 10July 31, 2020 12:40 AM

She owns a Basquiat. I hate the unfairness of life.

by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 12:41 AM

Compared to her sister Kylie’s slick, marble house, Kendall’s is the pinnacle of style, restraint and understated luxury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 2, 2020 3:17 AM

Maybe because she's bland and soulless.

by Anonymousreply 13August 2, 2020 3:27 AM

Why do all the coastal bourgeoisie have an oval or round Turrell or Kapoor sculpture in the hallway? It screams “look I have art but I’m boring!”

by Anonymousreply 14August 2, 2020 6:49 AM

besides the neon crap, it's great. I could move in there with all the furnishings and be fine. Where's the pic of the master bathroom? Is it nice?

by Anonymousreply 15August 2, 2020 7:34 AM

They lost me at "supermodel."

by Anonymousreply 16August 2, 2020 3:04 PM

Too bad one can't say the same for her wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 17August 2, 2020 3:15 PM

I agree with OP. I like the living room with the fireplace, but there's not enough art in there.

I like a of it, but, yes, bland; I see a few touches here and there but it needs more. Overall, though, I'm impressed.

by Anonymousreply 18August 2, 2020 3:47 PM

Love the green in the kitchen and pool bath.

And the pink wall sculpture - I think it works when the rest of the place is scaled back. The pink script writing can go though, but it honestly doesn't bug me that much. Nothing really bugs me - yet very little wows me.

by Anonymousreply 19August 2, 2020 3:50 PM

[quote]She owns a Basquiat. I hate the unfairness of life.

Especially because I doubt she knew who he was when she bought it.

by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2020 3:51 PM

A lot of homes decorated from the ground up by professionals lack soul. It's simply not how most people bring their homes together. There's an imperfectness to most people's soulful homes. They have to save money for major purchases, they have old things and hand-me-downs that maybe don't fit perfectly but mean something to them. They often have to make some things work as best they can. There's natural eclecticism because they're choosing and arranging and hanging things themselves. A designed space doesn't have to be soulless, but it's not uncommon for it to be so - at least at first, and as photographed.

by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2020 3:59 PM

Looking through the photos in AD, I was impressed with use of materials in this house. I think that’s what those outside of the design world don’t see here - the focus is on beautiful, handmade materials and pieces, rather than bold, “in your face”, campy gestures. Even the way the Turrell piece (most DL users probably don’t know this artist) is installed is careful and controlled. I’m impressed with everything.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2020 4:08 PM

Isn't she the one that lied about being a billionaire?

by Anonymousreply 23August 2, 2020 4:53 PM

I go through the pics and I’m wondering “Did Ben Simmons smash her there? Did he have her on the bar with her legs around him?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 2, 2020 5:00 PM

It's nice and it is has not an iota to do with her taste or personality, because she has neither. That's what's wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 25August 2, 2020 6:01 PM

I recently saw pics in DailyMail and thought much of her taste is questionable. I suppose it is relative. There was a gold bathtub, a la Trump, and so many cosmetics and toiletries on mirrored shelves, part of it resembled a department store cosmetics counter. Everything seemed too new, and quite soulless to me.

She's young though, and from a very tacky family, so I suppose I was expecting much worse. The only thing I thought was cool was the purple patchwork upholstered wing chair TBH.

I'm not a fan of fake Tuscan-y design elements like those columns around the patio area. It seems all too Hollywood really.

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2020 1:01 PM

[quote]Kendall Jenner's home is surprisingly tasteful but somewhat bland

Does it have an enormous ass?

by Anonymousreply 27August 3, 2020 1:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 3, 2020 1:09 PM

R27 Kendall is the one without an enormous fake ass.

by Anonymousreply 29August 3, 2020 1:36 PM

Imagining everyone commenting from dark rooms while surrounded by cat condos and scratching posts. “It’s all too new and fake for me...I wouldn’t like it”

by Anonymousreply 30August 3, 2020 3:04 PM

Plastic surgery models aren’t real models.

by Anonymousreply 31August 3, 2020 3:06 PM

[quote]They lost me at "supermodel."

She's the world's highest-paid model and the best known currently working. Doesn't mean as much as it did back in the industry's peak in the 90s, but it is what it is. I can't name a famous model today and I don't think they even make prestigious magazine covers these days now that famous actors and reality tv stars have completely cornered that market. Runway models are now a tier under influencers.

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2020 5:56 AM

“Supermodel”? They have really lowered the bar in the last 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2020 6:03 AM

R23 - you are thinking of her repulsive sister Kylie who is far scarier looking and whose homes are far more brash and tacky. To me, Kendall is the least offensive of the clan as she has undergone the knife far fewer times than the others and generally doesn't play the roll of the ambulance chaser "influencer" - certainly nothing in comparison at least. I really like this house - the scale of the rooms, the period details, the dark hardwoods, the beautiful windows, the warmth of her furnishings, etc. If anything - the overall effect is too boring and she has too little contrast within her art and furnishings. The bold statements that she has chosen - I generally don't like (the Turrell and the neon sculpture as examples). The french door passage is stunning and I love the kitchen which is basically one of the most beautiful that I have come across. The designers generally did let the architecture speak for itself which is refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2020 7:23 AM

Go ahead and bore me. I think it's fabulous and I'd love to live there.

by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2020 7:59 AM

She's wearing Prada, r10. How is that cheap and Walmarty?

by Anonymousreply 36August 4, 2020 8:23 AM

I'm wondering, (as I don't know any) are gold tubs, toilets, and taps de rigueur for billionaires today? Seems odd someone so young would want anything even remotely like that. It's as if the 70s and 80s are back again with this preponderance of gold everywhere. I remember those Sherle Wagner sinks in the homes of friends...I thought many of the porcelain bowls pretty, but not the gold. Dr. Oz has bathrooms dripping in gold too. TACKY!

by Anonymousreply 37August 4, 2020 11:58 AM

I love it. I’d move right in. It’s a good balance between simple/modern and homey/bohemian.

The only book on her shelves which isn’t a cliché art book is on motorcycles. She’s such a lez.

by Anonymousreply 38August 4, 2020 1:19 PM

I have exactly that same thing she has on her wall but its in my toilet...GMTA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 4, 2020 2:10 PM

The pink neon writing is by Tracy Emin. It's the dimensions of an ex-lover's penis.

by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2020 2:12 PM

She has a penis size chart for "art" as well. I'm still getting gay vibes from her.

by Anonymousreply 41August 4, 2020 2:26 PM

This girl makes a lot of money. But that fact is somewhat down played in her home and the scale of it . All of her family members live in gigantic palaces.

by Anonymousreply 42August 4, 2020 2:53 PM

Inspired by Airbnb and Crate & Barrel.

by Anonymousreply 43August 4, 2020 3:07 PM

I hope she had the place fumigated. She bought it from Charlie Sheen.

by Anonymousreply 44August 4, 2020 3:55 PM

Is she the Madam or is her pussy available for rent?

by Anonymousreply 45August 4, 2020 3:57 PM

It's very nice. The neon pink sculptures have to go like others have said, and her personal wardrobe is surprising, given I don't see her wearing this tacky shit in her magazine photos. But, I'd take the house, and get rid of the total white look.

by Anonymousreply 46August 4, 2020 4:21 PM

It has some good moments but in the interview she comes across as dumb as a post.

by Anonymousreply 47August 4, 2020 5:27 PM

Look at her list of friends some time and tell me she's not a lesbian, I dare ya.

by Anonymousreply 48August 4, 2020 9:15 PM

Being a lesbian would make her more interesting IMO.

by Anonymousreply 49August 4, 2020 9:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!