Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Herman Cain, 2012 GOP Presidential Candidate And Businessman, Dies At Age 74

Herman Cain, a former business executive who ran for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, has died at the age of 74.

His website confirmed the news Thursday morning.

Cain reportedly learned that he tested positive for COVID-19 on June 29. He was hospitalized two days later after developing “serious” symptoms, according to a statement shared on his Twitter account at the time.

His diagnosis came less than two weeks after he attended President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Cain, who co-chaired Black Voices for Trump, tweeted a photo of himself without a mask at the event, which was attended by several thousand people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2020 1:27 AM

Wow.

What does trump have to say about this?

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2020 2:51 PM

Talk about tempting fate!

And losing.

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2020 2:51 PM

1 down 9 to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2020 2:52 PM

Worse than 9-9-9

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2020 2:52 PM

I don't care. Do you?

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2020 2:53 PM

I am surprisingly saddened by the news. I generally feel indifference to anger at the deaths of anti-maskers, but I liked this man. I didn’t share his ideas, but I admired his charm and success.

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2020 2:56 PM

His age put him in the warning zone. How fucking arrogant. He could have easily lived another ten years if he had protected himself like all the doctors recommended.

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2020 2:58 PM

In case you missed it:

[quote] Herman Cain Hospitalized With COVID-19 After Attending Trump Tulsa Rally Maskless

Former Godfather’s Pizza CEO and 2012 Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain was hospitalized for coronavirus on Wednesday, two weeks after he attended President Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa bare-faced.

“We are sorry to announce that Herman Cain has tested positive for COVID-19, and is currently receiving treatment in an Atlanta-area hospital,” representatives for Cain announced Thursday.

Cain, 74, reportedly tested positive on June 29 and developed symptoms severe enough to warrant hospitalization on Wednesday, but did not require a ventilator and is said to be “awake and alert” and “resting comfortably.”

While the statement argued “there is no way of knowing for sure how or where Mr. Cain contracted the coronavirus,” the development comes two weeks after Cain attended Trump’s rally in Tulsa in June as one of his top surrogates, where he tweeted a photo of himself not wearing a mask and surrounded by several other maskless people.

The rally was criticized in advance by health experts, including Dr. Anthony Fauci and Trump’s former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, for the risk it posed to spread coronavirus in an area where confirmed cases were on the rise.

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2020 2:59 PM

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2020 2:59 PM

R5 Herman Cain has repeatedly said he believes being gay is a choice, suggesting he’s seen no science that says otherwise. Still saddened that this blowhard is dead. Oh yeah, let’s throw in against gay marriage. Fuck him and his ilk. Not sad here.

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2020 3:00 PM

I guess it turns out having a real strong opinion doesn’t make you and expert and isn’t the same as science- RIP dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 11July 30, 2020 3:03 PM

Sorry ‘an’ expert.

by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2020 3:05 PM

This is sad, but let's ponder the fact that Caine was the same age as Trump, they both were at the rally, but only one died from contracting the coronavirus.

I imagine Trump will tweet or say something wildly intensive and inappropriate by the day's end, and his supporters will lap it up.

by Anonymousreply 13July 30, 2020 3:25 PM

Not sad. He tweeted this the day before he went to hospital: Good riddance to bad trash. Every Trump supporter deserves to die from their selfish actions.

Evil piece of shit. "Admire his success". How do you define success? This is the fucking problem in this selfish cuntry.

We LOVE greedy, lying, pieces of shit, with money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2020 3:53 PM

Oh well, that's too bad. He was one of the good ones. At least he died for a good cause: to own the libs. Let's honor him by spitting at WalMart workers when the tell us to wear a mask.

by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2020 3:59 PM

I don't wish anyone to die and do not celebrate my enemies deaths. He was a father, husband and my sympathies to all of them.

However, I am sure the right wing will twist this to fit their warped view of the world. I bet within 72 hours, they will defend his death in that is was his right not to wear a mask and attend the Trump sh**-show. They will find someway to attribute his death to those wearing masks.

by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2020 4:00 PM

Thank god there are multiple threads about this!

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2020 4:01 PM

Louie Gohmert must be shitting his pants.

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2020 4:01 PM

This thread has more posts but "Hermain Cain Dead--lol" isn't really a thread I feel comfortable posting on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2020 4:02 PM

[Quote] I admired his charm and success.

And that's how some of the worst things in human history happen.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2020 4:05 PM

R16 Gohmert has already blamed wearing a mask for his own infection. It must have gotten stuck on his mask and he breathed it in. Likewise Cain will have been felled by people around him wearing masks and it was trapped on their and he breathed it in. Or something equally stupid.

by Anonymousreply 21July 30, 2020 4:19 PM

Darwin!

by Anonymousreply 22July 30, 2020 4:38 PM

Of all the things not worth dying for, I would put attending a Trump rally at the very top of the list.

by Anonymousreply 23July 30, 2020 5:58 PM

There should be indoor deplorable rallies all across the country to mourn his passing.

by Anonymousreply 24July 30, 2020 6:21 PM

Same here, R19.

by Anonymousreply 25July 30, 2020 6:48 PM

r16, he was a father to nazis and a husband to an evil cunt. All repubcanlies should rot in hell forever.

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 1:10 AM

Kill a Republican for Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2020 1:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!