Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Soap Has Literally Lost Half Its Cast

What is going on at Days of Our Lives? They have announced over a dozen exits in the past year, and some of them are vets that have been on the show for over 30 years. Pretty sure its the beginning of the end, and the actors clearly know it and are getting out while the getting is good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 6:17 PM

axing someone like Kristian Alfonso, they can hire three newbies with her salary

by Anonymousreply 1July 29, 2020 3:00 PM

OP, said the same on the KA thread. This is like Guiding Light at the end, where they had to hack the shit out of the budget to stay alive.

by Anonymousreply 2July 29, 2020 3:06 PM

As sands through the hourglass..

by Anonymousreply 3July 29, 2020 3:08 PM

How are Paul Telfer's tits doing?

by Anonymousreply 4July 29, 2020 3:56 PM

Didn't some supposed "insider" here claim that the crew members admitted that the show doesn't have much ⛽ left in the tank and that the show probably won't last much longer?

by Anonymousreply 5August 2, 2020 9:11 AM

To me, it seems as if they are just rotating their cast. Vaughn said that he might be back, and they asked Alfonso if she would take a break. Instead, she decided to quit.

by Anonymousreply 6August 2, 2020 9:23 AM

I wonder whether they will ever show Sarah and Xander with some regularity.

by Anonymousreply 7August 2, 2020 9:23 AM

Damn, he looks good. How many times has he left the show? I mean...watching Ciara going after Orpheus is just DUMB. I enjoyed Eve being behind the serial killer's disappearance tho.

by Anonymousreply 8August 2, 2020 9:52 AM

I think they're doing a good job trimming the fat. Only person I miss is hunky Casey Moss as JJ. Everyone else who has left needed a break at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2020 7:23 AM

Finally, they fired Gabi!

by Anonymousreply 10August 3, 2020 9:10 AM

Annnnnnd Gabi is back lol

by Anonymousreply 11September 24, 2020 3:29 PM

I think the only veterans left under contract are Suzanne Rogers, Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn. I'm sure most of the cast is considered recurring. John Aniston hasn't been on contract in years, and Susan & Bill Hayes are recurring as well even though Susan gets a lot of air time now. If I was a veteran actor, I'd be hanging onto the role even if I was just recurring simply for the union medical insurance. Maybe the atmosphere for some has become wretched which is why they are leaving regardless of the benefits.

by Anonymousreply 12September 24, 2020 3:55 PM

Longtime soap actors are being asked to take pay cuts to keep the shows on the air. People like DeeDee Hall probably have a million dollar contract, where if they could get her to take 500K they could hire in 5 newbies at 100K each..or just get rid of her and hire 10 newbies at 100K each.

by Anonymousreply 13September 24, 2020 3:59 PM

TPTB seem to be playing with the largest set of actors they can get.

Even JJ is coming back for some episodes.

Maybe he will get more screen time with Xander.

by Anonymousreply 14September 24, 2020 4:12 PM

Jack is too old to be his bestie - thank God I'm not the only one that is baffled by this bromance. So random and awkward...

by Anonymousreply 15September 29, 2020 6:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!