Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Maya Wiley to run for NYC Mayor

Leaving MSNBC. Cannot wait for Mayor Wiley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 20, 2020 6:31 PM

Great. This is another train wreck waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 1July 28, 2020 10:00 PM

Oh no! More dangling tendrils!

Women over 40 should not wear dangling tendrils.

They beguile the viewer and distract them from ever listening to whatever comes out of the speaker's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 2July 28, 2020 10:01 PM

WHO???

by Anonymousreply 3July 28, 2020 10:01 PM

If she's another DeBlasio, she can fuck off.

Yes, we need police reform, but enough is enough with painting shit and renaming shit and not actually doing anything about the core issues of the city. It can't just be "BLM" 24/7. We have a lot of problems that this lazy asshole hasn't even touched because he's too busy buying yellow paint.

by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2020 10:01 PM

That weave is tragic. Cut it off or get decent extensions.

by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2020 10:09 PM

Corey Johnson should be the next mayor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2020 10:09 PM

Love her! She is brilliant. She's got my vote.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2020 10:11 PM

My mops look cleaner than that.

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2020 10:18 PM

Beautiful woman

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2020 10:39 PM

One of the biggest DeBlasio apologists that there is. She will be an awful mayor. Very big ego and not a lot of substance. She is perfectly fine with middle class tax hikes to pay for more and better social services for those who don't work. Ain't gonna sit well with people.

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2020 10:41 PM

I love all the people who get on here and say how she’ll be great just because she’s black.

by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2020 11:38 PM

A black woman I should add.

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2020 11:38 PM

Black isn't the positive or negative, if she's another De Blasio, she can go have several seats. We don't need her.

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2020 11:39 PM

She had better endorse me for president or else she ain’t black!

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2020 11:43 PM

Can we finally have a competent experienced liberal progressive mayor? . Idiot DeBlasio stole election from the experienced, competent, hardworking Christine Quinn. Instead we got a lazy, grifting, set of slogans. Corey is the man! Stop with the inexperienced, useless Kanye West-type political candidates

by Anonymousreply 15July 29, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote]Idiot DeBlasio stole election from the experienced, competent, hardworking Christine Quinn.

No relation.

by Anonymousreply 16July 29, 2020 12:38 AM

This could be an example of The Peter Principal.

Maya is an exceptional contributor to MSNBC with all her experience as a prosecutor but this Mayor thing is a bad move. It's like Mattis choosing to be Defense Secretary or Tillerson being Secty of State. They've damaged their legacy and so will she.

by Anonymousreply 17July 29, 2020 12:54 AM

Oh god. Richard Carranza will stick around if she wins.

by Anonymousreply 18July 29, 2020 12:59 AM

She’s exceptional every time I’ve seen her. But, as seen in this thread, people will attack her for anything and smear her big time.

I’m so sick of politics. It is disgusting

by Anonymousreply 19July 29, 2020 1:00 AM

The NYT article is so stupid. Maya is Black but Scott Stringer is white. No caps allowed for people without color.

by Anonymousreply 20July 29, 2020 1:04 AM

R11, and your here to let us all know you dislike her because she's a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2020 1:06 AM

R21 I'm sorry, but where does it say that? Can you please cut and paste that verbiage because I'm not seeing it. Oh and did you mean you're instead of your?

by Anonymousreply 22July 29, 2020 1:10 AM

That's right, even in 2020, all approval or disapproval of anything [italic][bold][underline]BLACK![/italic][/bold][/underline] people do is solely because they're [italic][bold][underline]BLACK![/italic][/bold][/underline]. I'd say "get a life" but that would be offensive to the dead.

by Anonymousreply 23July 29, 2020 1:17 AM

She is seizing the moment with the BLM movement and De Blasio and wife. If you criticize a move she makes you will be labelled as racist. These days you are labelled as a racist if you complain that a black person did ANYTHING. Carte blanche (or noir in this case).

And no, I am not racist and yes, I do actually like her and wish Michelle would run instead of the asshats in Washington of ALL shades.

by Anonymousreply 24July 29, 2020 1:21 AM

Why are there like ten comments about her fucking hair? WTF is with you people?

by Anonymousreply 25July 29, 2020 1:22 AM

I know people whose business almost got destroyed because they were accused of racism. These are really nice people who aren't racist and in face donate to local black churches and schools. Some black people -and the white idiots who are going overboard in their "devotion" to the cause to the point it comes off as disingenuous- are overplaying their hand with accusing EVERYONE with racism. Eventually, you're going to lose allies when you think every fucking criticism is based in racism. Accept valid criticism.

If she is another De Blasio, then FUCK HER. No one gives a shit what color she is if she plans on governing the way his stupid, inept ass has.

by Anonymousreply 26July 29, 2020 1:26 AM

She is a very very big DeBlasio apologist.....she is a complete cheerleader for this turd of a mayor. Awful choice for the next mayor.

by Anonymousreply 27July 29, 2020 1:28 AM

in fact* donate

by Anonymousreply 28July 29, 2020 1:30 AM

Nope.

I’m voting law and order. This city is turning into a fucking SHITHOLE and I am done playing. In the last 24 hours, two stores that I frequent in my UES neighborhood have been robbed. In the fucking morning. Aggressive panhandlers. Elderly Asians set on fire.

Big Bird DeBlasio and his ilk can kiss my ass.

by Anonymousreply 29July 29, 2020 1:40 AM

R25, that’s what misogynistic effeminate men do

by Anonymousreply 30July 29, 2020 1:41 AM

Big Bird would make a better mayor.

by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2020 1:42 AM

r29 I'm with you. I'm completely over it. I can't deal with another 18 months of this shit and it's not getting any better.

by Anonymousreply 32July 29, 2020 2:02 AM

NYC needs a Republican mayor that isn’t a Trump spawn. Junior is just dying to run for mayor.

by Anonymousreply 33July 29, 2020 2:04 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 34July 29, 2020 2:08 AM

The city needs someone who will focus on the struggling economy first and fore,oat. Another progressive and NYC will be RIP.

by Anonymousreply 35July 29, 2020 2:11 AM

R33, any "Trump" running for office is better off being a carpetbagger in a shithole red city. Let them go run in Tulsa.

by Anonymousreply 36July 29, 2020 2:14 AM

Something rubs me the wrong way about media people running for government. Too much ability to manipulate the press... well, manipulate it further, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 37July 29, 2020 2:23 AM

Will she grift millions like Chirlane?

by Anonymousreply 38July 29, 2020 2:28 AM

I like her, but surely she can afford a better hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 39July 29, 2020 2:33 AM

I like her—she’s smart.

Let’s see what policies she supports

by Anonymousreply 40July 29, 2020 2:34 AM

R25 We have to look all these politicians' ugly mugs gabbing away on the TV news every night. At least they could show us some respect and groom themselves suitably.

by Anonymousreply 41July 29, 2020 7:09 AM

I was insulted and attacked by many here 2 months ago when I mentioned that NYC was getting dirtier and unsafe. I wish I was wrong with my observations because I have lived here since the 80s and want to continue to be able to live here, but DeBlasio has let the city go to the dogs, criminal dogs that is. It is disgusting what is happening and to have Ms. Wiley on MSNBC apologize for DeBlasio and blame Washington and the local courts for all that is wrong with the city shows me she is not equipped to take over the top city job. She will continue the crap that is called DeBlasio.

by Anonymousreply 42July 29, 2020 12:12 PM

If DeBlasio is such a horrible mayor, why the hell did he easily win a second term?

by Anonymousreply 43July 29, 2020 12:37 PM

Because NY Republicans are THAT bad.

by Anonymousreply 44July 29, 2020 12:39 PM

I love her. Here for it.

by Anonymousreply 45July 29, 2020 12:40 PM

Of the left wingers she's a moral and intelligent person. I'm impressed by her when I have seen her on news shows. There was one Melber show where the guest (associated somehow with Trump) was beginning to have a real mental breakdown. It was obvious and it appeared he might say something that would get him into legal trouble. She, and Ari to his credit, shut the guy down for his own sake and expressed real human concern for his mental state. I think the news later reported the guy went and got professional help afterwards. So, she's very decent. She was legal counsel I believe in city government which does not make her a DeBlasio person necessarily. Please post some of her supposed DeBlasio defense statements. All that being said I think after DeBlasio's horrible and thoroughly corrupt administration New York needs a moderate Republican. I am registered Libertarian but will most likely vote for such a moderate if on the ticket. But I would definitely give Wiley a look for her intelligence and decency alone.

by Anonymousreply 46July 29, 2020 12:48 PM

If she actually gets rid of horse carriages and the sale of baby turtles in Chinatown like De Blasio promised, I’ll vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 47July 29, 2020 12:53 PM

R47, when was the last time you were in a Chinese market? They sell a helluva lot more than baby turtles.

by Anonymousreply 48July 29, 2020 12:56 PM

Oh gosh ⬆️

by Anonymousreply 49July 29, 2020 1:03 PM

R25 The moron who called it a weave amuses me most. That's her natural hair and it's what they'll be voting on. Oh and "Law and Order" wink wink

by Anonymousreply 50July 29, 2020 1:05 PM

I hate DeBlasio but just because he's so ineffectual and namby-pamby, he leans hard into the stereotype of what Democrats are. I am a hardcore Democrat and won't be voting for anyone with any position right of DB but we need somebody strong, forthright, willing to stomp on the faces of the NYPD for one. Fuck those fuckers. I vaguely recognize this woman from MSNBC but if she thinks DB's done a good job that's a strike against her. I really do like Corey Johnson for the most part -- and he doesn't seem to have any patience with the police, which is good -- but I'm not convinced he's tough enough. Which sounds like coded homophobia even as I type it, I recognize. I just think NYC should be able to have a kick-ass mayor, somebody like Gavin Newsom who gets shit done. Why can't we find a fighter?

by Anonymousreply 51July 29, 2020 2:32 PM

Cory strikes me as a phony. His defunding of the police consisted in moving part of its budget to other departments. Yeah, he's gay but really really phony.

by Anonymousreply 52July 29, 2020 3:49 PM

I'll be honest: I want a Dem carpetbagger. I dislike every politician in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 53July 29, 2020 4:00 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 29, 2020 4:17 PM

R43, I voted to re-elect Big Bird. I’m a lifelong Democrat and the Republican offerings were not palatable: Dietl?Malliotakis? It was a “lesser of two evils” kind of vote (which I’m getting used to, slowly). My first vote for him was enthusiastic. The second, begrudging.

I liked a few things he did, such as Universal Pre-K (although Bloomberg set it up, he just knocked it down) and making lunches in schools free for all (although that is a second-term accomplishment).

His lip service to “people of color” is ridiculous. Oh, he reads some Spanish off a card, so he cares about Latinos. That’s the extent of it. His animosity toward Asians is blatant.

He talks a good game, but I don’t see his appreciation of Black New Yorkers. NYCHA. His secret analingus on developers. His low expectations. The disappearance of nearly $1billion for his wife’s mental illness initiative which would have disproportionately benefited poor black people.

I’d take Bloomberg back in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 55July 29, 2020 5:08 PM

Same here with Bloomberg. If Guiliani had stayed normal and not turned into the post-9/11 ghoul that he became, even he could beat BdB.

by Anonymousreply 56July 29, 2020 5:12 PM

Animosity toward Asians?

by Anonymousreply 57July 29, 2020 5:32 PM

Another MSNBC analyst, Mimi Rocah, is running for district attorney in NY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 29, 2020 7:27 PM

[quote] Maya Wiley supported the ending of stop and frisk which kept millions of guns off the streets of NYC. Today the thugs know they can carry any weapon without being checked. The policy should have been modified but not ended.

Every study showed that stop and frisk didn't lead to many gun confiscation, but keep peddling that lie if it makes you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 59July 29, 2020 7:35 PM

[quote] I’d take Bloomberg back in a heartbeat.

Bloomberg's coddling of the rich and pushing the middle class out of Manhattan is exactly why DeBlasio got elected in the first place.

Bloomberg only cared about you and your neighborhood if you were rich and white.

by Anonymousreply 60July 29, 2020 7:38 PM

Every study I have read shows stop and frisk kept the idea in the criminals head that they shouldn't walk the streets with weapons. The far left liberal studies may show otherwise but I take from the source.

by Anonymousreply 61July 29, 2020 7:38 PM

Bring back stop and frisk and supervise it properly. Let the criminals leave their guns at Mamas'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 29, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote] DeBlasio has let the city go to the dogs, criminal dogs that is.

Cuomo cut millions of dollars out of NYC's budget. The NY budget is strained after the new tax law sends money from the rich Dem states to the poorer Republican states.

and yet, you blame just DeBlasio because he can't clean the streets?

by Anonymousreply 63July 29, 2020 7:46 PM

Maya Wiley running for mayor?

I'm cumming as I type.

by Anonymousreply 64July 29, 2020 8:12 PM

r54 being for stop and frisk tells you all you need to know about r54, the racist fucker

by Anonymousreply 65July 29, 2020 8:55 PM

She needs to sort out her hair first.

by Anonymousreply 66July 29, 2020 9:01 PM

Bloomberg screwed everything up. Please don't comment unless you live here.

by Anonymousreply 67July 29, 2020 9:03 PM

R65 Lot's and lots of people in the projects are for stop and frisk, I guess that makes them racist fuckers too. Name calling shows you cannot make a strong argument on your point of view. Sad 4 U.

by Anonymousreply 68July 29, 2020 9:10 PM

Lots of rich and middle class types aren't coming back to the city after fleeing. Disaster is coming in commercial real estate not to mention the death of entire industries like entertainment and retail. Next shoe to drop...the city begins laying off cops, firemen, teachers etc.

If the city doesn't elect someone who can deal with the future chaos, it's done. Police brutality and racism aren't close to being the major problems facing New York. I'm not voting for anyone who thinks they are or whose number one issue is bicycle lanes.

by Anonymousreply 69July 29, 2020 9:24 PM

The mayor will be on wnyc.org on Friday morning as usual. Call in and slap that useless ass.

by Anonymousreply 70July 29, 2020 9:32 PM

I agree with R69.

by Anonymousreply 71July 29, 2020 9:32 PM

If the Dems win the US Senate and Presidency, the big cities will get a good size bail out. It won't stop the out of control crime and weapons on the streets. DeBlasio set the city up for criminals to rule and that won't change anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 72July 29, 2020 9:55 PM

Stop and frisk is no different than requiring people to wear masks. It’s an infringement on our personal rights, for the good of everyone in our society.

by Anonymousreply 73July 29, 2020 9:56 PM

Luff huh and huh hair. Stupid bishes who don’t know about Black hair should just sit down, and STFU. You just make yourselves sound ignorant and racist. This is her natural hair and it/she is beautiful, not that either should matter. R46 tells an important story that really did reveal her character. The guest was a despicable Trumptard, was drunk and unraveling, but she was an angel, and far better than he deserved. This woman is also very accomplished and intelligent. Easy “yes” vote.

by Anonymousreply 74July 29, 2020 10:08 PM

R17 “This could be an example of The Peter Principal.”

Oh Dear.

by Anonymousreply 75July 29, 2020 10:09 PM

[quote]Another MSNBC analyst, Mimi Rocah, is running for district attorney in NY.

She's a former Assistant USA in the Southern District of New York.

by Anonymousreply 76July 29, 2020 10:12 PM

Maya Wiley is not what NYC needs at this time. We need someone who can control the criminals and make the streets safe for the average person who goes to work and pays 40% of their income in taxes to pay for all the social service goodies that DeBlasio has been giving away over the past 7 years. The next mayor will have to dismantle some of these overly generous freebies.

by Anonymousreply 77July 29, 2020 11:24 PM

[quote]'m not voting for anyone who thinks they are or whose number one issue is bicycle lanes.

Don't get me started on that shit. We have fucking lanes where not only are there so few bikes that it was ridiculous to take away a much needed traffic lane -particularly during rush hour- but even the few assholes who use them ignore traffic laws and go through lights when they aren't supposed to. There are specific bike signals and the fuckers ignore it.

When I see a story about some cyclist getting injured, I automatically know it's their fault. I couldn't care less about them. Selfish assholes.

by Anonymousreply 78July 30, 2020 12:11 AM

Maya Wiley is not going to be a fair and honest mayor. She will take corruption to the highest level with her cronies from the Al Sharpton Action Network.

by Anonymousreply 79July 30, 2020 12:19 AM

Maya Wiley as Mayor of NYC would block any attempts by the DA's office looking into the corruption and graft of her good friend Chirlane DeBlasio. If you want to see criminals run the streets and loot the taxpayers vote Maya Wiley!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 30, 2020 12:24 AM

Uh oh! Corey Johnson was already measuring the drapes!

This will split the POC/Gays/Berners/Millennials into pieces!

by Anonymousreply 81July 30, 2020 12:32 AM

I fail to see how blaming DeBlasio for the city being "unsafe" can be uncoupled from the DISASTROUS Trump administration abandoning us during a PANDEMIC!

You people clearly need to have your heads examined! ANY Republican will reinstitute Rudy's Fascist Police State, and finish us off. NYC remains one of the safest big cities in America unless you're black, then it sucks because the PIGS will murder you in broad daylight and never be held accountable.

Corey Johnson is a sly opportunist, and I'm not sure he would be any better than DeBlasio. He made some huge rookie errors (actually broke the law) when he first ran for office, using campaign money to buy clothes and pay his rent and that of his campaign manager who was an unemployable friend of his at the time. Corey is about Corey, and if he has to read his script to get elected mayor, he will.

by Anonymousreply 82July 30, 2020 12:41 AM

R82=out of his mind libtard......most people on DL are moderates who want to live in a safe environment and don't want to be taxed excessively to pay for people who are able to work and run the streets terrorizing everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 83July 30, 2020 12:44 AM

R83, go fuck yourself for using "libtard" alone, because you oddly don't use that shit language considering Trump is a national disgrace and disaster. You're not a "moderate," you're a neocunt.

Having said that, Bill D was shit before the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 84July 30, 2020 12:49 AM

[quote] I'm cumming as I type. —Ari Melber

Pics PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 85July 30, 2020 12:57 AM

Isn't it said Andrew Yang considering a run? I'd vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 86July 30, 2020 1:00 AM

r83 has never lived in NYC, but visits occasionally so he can complain about it and condemn it with authority.

Yeah, yeah, we know, expensive shoe box apartments, blah, blah, blah.

Go away!

by Anonymousreply 87July 30, 2020 1:03 AM

Andrew Yang? I'm in.

As long it's not that fucking asshole Jack D.

by Anonymousreply 88July 30, 2020 1:04 AM

DeBlasio and his wife are the definition of Libtards. If you find them acceptable the shoe fits you as well. Screaming fuck you just shows that the term probably is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 89July 30, 2020 1:14 AM

No, it is in fact childish to use "libtard." I can't stand them, but when yow know damned well Trump is a fucking failure and you manage not to use "conservatard" (which is equally stupid), then your agenda is clear.

You can go after De Blasio without acting as though he represents every other liberal, because he DOESN'T.

by Anonymousreply 90July 30, 2020 1:18 AM

DeBlasio is a Libtard, call him what you choose, but that is what he has proven himself to be. Trump is a lot of things, use conservatard if it makes you happy, I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 91July 30, 2020 1:22 AM

Maya Wiley is a BIG DEBLASIO supporter and would continue in the same manner. She will NEVER EVER get my vote. She must be delusional to think the city wants her to be the next mayor. Or perhaps she likes to raise money and then since there are no campaign audits these days she will pocket a chunk of it.

by Anonymousreply 92July 30, 2020 1:27 AM

It’s going to be funny when Maya wins.

by Anonymousreply 93July 30, 2020 1:38 AM

I wonder what Barbra Walters think of NYC today, from her fifth Avenue apartment?

by Anonymousreply 94July 30, 2020 1:46 AM

I agree, R83, I don't like the terror in New York's streets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 30, 2020 9:44 AM

DeBlasio gives a pass to the criminals every single day. Maya Wiley has said nothing about how awful the city has become under DeBlasio instead she sings the mayor's praises.

by Anonymousreply 96July 30, 2020 11:55 AM

Wendy would make a much better Mayor than Madam Wiley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 30, 2020 11:58 AM

I hope this guy runs and shows the far left wingers that there is still a voice for putting criminals in jail and a limit to free things from the govt for people who do not want to contribute or be responsible. Only those with true needs, not wants, should get govt help and in very rare cases only should it be a lifetime benefit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 30, 2020 4:14 PM

Maya Wiley is going to get so publicly clowned and she will not stand the heat. Her delusional run for mayor will fizzle out the minute she gets any sort of pushback at all whatsoever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 30, 2020 4:16 PM

Link to one place where's she's defended DeBlasio. As I said, she's probably not my choice but that statement, repeated here ad nauseum, sounds like a stupid talking point.

by Anonymousreply 100July 30, 2020 4:48 PM

This lady turd worked for DeBlasio and is very chummy with the grifter wife. Not qualified to be mayor of Hooterville.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 30, 2020 6:21 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 31, 2020 2:38 PM

Eric Adams is the candidate to watch -- he's bright, well connected, and has Brooklyn wrapped up as Borough president. He's also a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 103July 31, 2020 2:41 PM

No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 104July 31, 2020 2:43 PM

What will Maya do about this Bodega Outrage!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 1, 2020 4:49 AM

R103 Fox News favorite and former cop Eric Adams is not going to be the nominee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 1, 2020 4:51 AM

Maya is a corrupt POS.

by Anonymousreply 107August 2, 2020 12:27 AM

I'm not clicking on a FOX link. WTF does he mean by "predictable"?

by Anonymousreply 108August 2, 2020 12:30 AM

Maybe Maya would be best suited as Joe Biden's VP candidtate. The DeBlasios would be thrilled to have one of their own on the inside at the White House.

by Anonymousreply 109August 2, 2020 12:31 AM

This is news that was expected. Maya Wiley supports defund the police, rental assistance for illegal immigrants, no bail for most arrests, and higher property taxes. Yikes. NYC is in trouble if she is the next mayor. She is a protege of the douchebag we now have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 17, 2020 2:40 PM

She isn’t going to win. A moderate with a focus on business will win. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 111November 17, 2020 2:46 PM

I'm sensing NYC will experience a rehash of the 70s and 80s. Not entirely certain it will return to what it was the decade and a half pre-pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 112November 17, 2020 2:49 PM

Time for a Republican mayor.

by Anonymousreply 113November 17, 2020 2:50 PM

R113 the fuck?

A Republican would destroy the city in one year.

by Anonymousreply 114November 17, 2020 2:53 PM

I knew you people would be begging for me to come back.

by Anonymousreply 115November 17, 2020 3:49 PM

Bloomberg is what we need again and again.

Love,

City Worker who has seen them all come and go.

by Anonymousreply 116November 17, 2020 4:42 PM

Eric Adams is quite liberal on most topics but because he's a former cop it's hard for him to get away from basic cop talk. Still, he'd be a good mayor as he's been a force for quiet progressivism in Brooklyn and is excellent at forming alliances with all kinds of people.

by Anonymousreply 117November 17, 2020 5:40 PM

I like Eric Adams but if he starts with the Defund the Police crap at a time when there are random shootings EVERYWHERE in the city, I will find another to vote for.

by Anonymousreply 118November 17, 2020 10:49 PM

When is the current mayor’s term up?

by Anonymousreply 119November 17, 2020 10:55 PM

Nov 2021 will be the NYC mayoral election, Scam artist DeBlasio and his grifter wife leave in Jan2022!

by Anonymousreply 120November 18, 2020 12:03 AM

I feel bad that Dem Congressman Max Rose lost his seat in Staten Island. He was tarred and feathered with Defund the police and Bill DeBlasio. He has political charisma and would be a wonderful Mayor of NYC because he is a moderate and wants people to take responsibility for their lives before getting a govt check supporting them. Hooray for Max for being so bold, at least that how it plays in today's Dem party. I wish him the best. Unfair that defund the police took him down when he was a veteran and would never agree to defunding the police.

by Anonymousreply 121November 18, 2020 1:45 AM

Actually R114, Democrats have been destroying cities for decades.

by Anonymousreply 122November 18, 2020 1:34 PM

Actually R122, you are a rightwing goon who has been destroying truth for decades.

by Anonymousreply 123November 18, 2020 2:34 PM

Maya should get the homeless to do mailings and phone calling for her campaign since she is on board to keep paying $250 a night for luxury hotels indefinitely for anyone who needs it. No questions asked.

by Anonymousreply 124November 19, 2020 3:28 PM

R123, instead of name calling, give examples.

by Anonymousreply 125November 20, 2020 2:29 AM

I'm a moderate with extensive business experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126November 20, 2020 2:41 AM

"Time for a Republican mayor."

Yes, it is!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 20, 2020 2:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 20, 2020 12:06 PM

That would not surprise me R127.

by Anonymousreply 129November 20, 2020 12:17 PM

Because leftwing De Blasio did such wonderful things for the city.

by Anonymousreply 130November 20, 2020 12:48 PM

Max Rose for NYC Mayor not that arrogant clown Maya Wiley.

by Anonymousreply 131November 20, 2020 6:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!