Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Israelis really tried to sell Israel as a gay destination.

I wonder how well it worked.

Did YOU go? Did anyone you know go?

@ link trailer to documentary "Undressing Israel (2013)"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7312 hours ago

Fuck you. It's the only country in the Middle East that doesn't stone gay people. How was your trip to the Caliphate?

by Anonymousreply 107/26/2020

R1 has comprehension issues.

He just REACTS.

by Anonymousreply 207/26/2020

I went there in 2015 but I didn't go there for the gaiety. Had a blast, went all over, rented a car in two places, went to many national parks.

by Anonymousreply 307/26/2020

Fuck no. Why would I go to an apartheid theocracy? For that matter, I wouldn't visit anywhere in the Middle East. That entire portion of the planet could be vaporized and I wouldn't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 407/26/2020

Weekend in Tel Aviv! What could be more romantic?

by Anonymousreply 507/26/2020

Didn't they host EuroPride a few years back? And why the fuck do they think they're part of Europe?

by Anonymousreply 607/26/2020

I see the Jew-hating trash is back from being banned.

by Anonymousreply 707/26/2020

The whole idea of the country offends me so I wouldn't go. I have enough hot Jews to fuck right here.

by Anonymousreply 807/26/2020

It was the first country I visited after coming out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 907/26/2020

They are definitely more gay tolerant than their surrounding neighbors, but I don't think I'd actually categorize Israel as gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 1007/26/2020

Germany got gay marriage first. How did that happen.

by Anonymousreply 1107/26/2020

. = ?

by Anonymousreply 1207/26/2020

RED DUCKLIPS ALERT!!!

Plug your noses and block if you're Arabic — this thread's going to summon Michael Lucas!

by Anonymousreply 1307/26/2020

Yes it did work and for a few years many European gays were partying there. Then the buzz wore off.

by Anonymousreply 1407/26/2020

It was like 2005-2010 or so. Maybe a little longer.

by Anonymousreply 1507/26/2020

Israel is a gay friendly country.

by Anonymousreply 1607/26/2020

Don't get sucked into the pinkwashing.

Apartheid is apartheid. If you really cared about gay rights, you'd care about both Israeli and Palestinian gay people.

by Anonymousreply 1707/26/2020

Israel tries to paint itself as progressive and forward thinking in all aspects to mask what's going on beneath the all the PR

by Anonymousreply 1807/26/2020

And some dimwitted gay people fall for it (the same as the ones who vote for Trump).

Racist hatred lies beneath it.

by Anonymousreply 1907/26/2020

R19 is a racist concern troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2007/26/2020

Israel is also ahead of most of Eastern Europe on gay rights, and especially the fucking Vatican, so stick your concern up your ass, EuroTrash. How much anti-gay bigotry can we still blame on the Pope?

by Anonymousreply 2107/26/2020

Ask yourself why a gay Israeli man and a gay Palestinian man can't get married in Israel.

Then ask yourself why a straight Israeli man and a straight Palestinian woman can't get married in Israel.

Did you know about that?

by Anonymousreply 2207/26/2020

R22 Pretty sure Israelis and Palestinians can get married. Immigration can be an issue though. Wouldnt be a problem if it were a Palestinian living inside Israel already.

by Anonymousreply 2307/26/2020

I get these two messages about Israel: it’s a cutting edge country in every way AND it’s hamstrung by zealots and extremists.

It’s really not my cup of tea, so I’d never go there. All the Israelis I’ve ever met (and I live in Manhattan, so I’m not a stranger) are coarse and pushy and bristle with intense pride. I spent half an hour listening to a pitch from someone who was born right here on the UWS. I’d prefer a root canal.

by Anonymousreply 2407/26/2020

[quote] Pretty sure Israelis and Palestinians can get married.

Sure about that R23? Maybe look into it a little more.

by Anonymousreply 2507/26/2020

I loved it. My only advice would be to let what happens there stay there.

by Anonymousreply 2607/26/2020

[quote] Germany got gay marriage first. How did that happen.

Well, they're more liberal, so...

by Anonymousreply 2707/27/2020

[quote]Then ask yourself why a straight Israeli man and a straight Palestinian woman can't get married in Israel.

They can if they're both Christian, both Muslim or both Jewish. As I'm sure you know, Israel does not have civil marriage, only religious marriages. However, if the above-mentioned couple were to fly to Cyprus to marry, as do many Israelis who cannot obtain a religious wedding in Israel, then their marriage obtained abroad would be recognized in Israel.

by Anonymousreply 2807/27/2020

FUN FACT Elizabeth Taylor wanted to marry Burton for the second time there but they bumped up against these restrictions. They were a NUTTY pair!

by Anonymousreply 2907/27/2020

R5 that’s where I met up with the Cockgobbler and got the chance to breed that sweet piece of ass. It was a pretty nice ass, and he can take a pounding too.

by Anonymousreply 3007/27/2020

It’s just the bomb, I tell you. Simply smashing. Party scene is explosive.

by Anonymousreply 3107/27/2020

Israel is a land-grabbing piece of shit that has made life hell in the West Bank and stifled every move to give the Palestinians a permanent homeland. I would never go there. I would never give my money to those assholes.

by Anonymousreply 3207/27/2020

Opinions vary, r32, on who stifles every move. From 2001 Newsweek:

[quote]Clinton said he told Arafat that by turning down the best peace deal he was ever going to get-the one proffered by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak and brokered by Clinton last July-the Palestinian leader was only guaranteeing the election of the hawkish Ariel Sharon, the current Israeli leader. But Arafat didn't listen. Sharon was elected in a landslide Feb. 6 and has gradually escalated his crackdown on the Palestinians despite a shaky ceasefire negotiated two weeks ago by CIA chief George Tenet.

. . .

[quote]Clinton said he bluntly contradicted Arafat when, in one of their final conversations, the Palestinian leader expressed doubts that the ancient Jewish temple actually lay beneath the Islamic-run compound in Jerusalem containing the holy Al Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock. This was a critical point of dispute, since the Western Wall, a remnant of the temple's retaining wall, is the holiest site in Judaism and one the Israelis were intent on maintaining sovereignty over. "I know it's there," Clinton said he told Arafat. The so-called Al Aqsa intifada began after Ariel Sharon made a controversial visit to the disputed compound on Sept. 28, 2000.

more at link

The relevance of the 2nd paragraph is that Barak offered a deal on the Temple Mount in which the Palestinians would control the area on the ground level and above while the Israelis would control the subterranean area. Arafat refused, claiming the Jewish temple had not been there, which infuriated Clinton, who knew that Barak's offer had not been easy to make. I'll look for a source for this discussion, as it's not in the Newsweek article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3307/27/2020

[quote]Clinton was devastated. He continued yelling at Arafat. "Well, let me tell you something, Mr. Chairman: When my Messiah Jesus Christ walked on the Temple Mount, he didn't see any Mosques. He didn't see Al-Aqsa. He didn't see the Dome of the Rock. He saw only the Jewish Temple!" - Danny Ayalon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3407/27/2020

We would of gone if we'd had the money. Might still once all the COVID shit is done, partner has rellies there so we can stay cheap

by Anonymousreply 3507/28/2020

R35, a piece of advice? Spring for a hotel.

by Anonymousreply 3607/28/2020

Men of Israel

by Anonymousreply 3707/28/2020

Great country. Wonderful time there. You should try it OP. Broaden your horizons.

by Anonymousreply 3807/28/2020

[quote] Israel does not have civil marriage, only religious marriages.

And why should this be, in a supposed liberal democratic state?

by Anonymousreply 3907/28/2020

The Palestinians have often been their own worst enemies in voting for Hamas and refusing any kind of compromise with Israel.

by Anonymousreply 4007/28/2020

Does Israel welcone gay Palestinians?

by Anonymousreply 4107/28/2020

What is there to do in Israel? Throw rocks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4207/28/2020

No ban on gays in the military.

by Anonymousreply 4307/28/2020

Too bad the right wing hates gays and is moving to deny gays equality

by Anonymousreply 4407/28/2020

It's a fierce and resilient nation with skeletons in the closet (as all countries do). In a better world Jews would possess 50 or so countries while Muslims would be limited to 1.

by Anonymousreply 4507/28/2020

R45 god no. With right wing Jews running Israel, just one country is just fine

by Anonymousreply 4607/28/2020

In a better world, everybody would be both Jewish and gay.

by Anonymousreply 4707/28/2020

No thanks R47.

by Anonymousreply 4807/28/2020

All theatre. They are a racist and hateful country.

by Anonymousreply 4907/28/2020

They also have far too many generals in politics.

by Anonymousreply 5007/28/2020

R49 projects the racism of the rest of the Middle East onto Israel.

by Anonymousreply 5107/28/2020

R50 Benny Gantz is one such.

by Anonymousreply 5207/29/2020

Israel treats Palestinians much better than Palestinians treat gay men. For one thing there's no law calling for the execution of Palestinians living in Israel. I support people who support me and Israel is much closer to that than any Muslim country you could name. The world would be a better place if Jews and Muslims swapped the amount of countries they controlled.

by Anonymousreply 5307/29/2020

Populations don’t go up in a genocide.

by Anonymousreply 5407/29/2020

No gay bars in Tel Aviv. Orthodox Jews killing gays during the pride parades. Promised rights never materializing (like including gays in the surrogacy law).

Israel is sliding backwards.

by Anonymousreply 5507/29/2020

No gay bars in Tel Aviv. Orthodox Jews killing gays during the pride parades. Promised rights never materializing (like including gays in the surrogacy law).

Israel is sliding backwards.

by Anonymousreply 5607/29/2020

[quote] I support people who support me and Israel is much closer to that than any Muslim country you could name.

What an odd statement.

How about condemning both?

by Anonymousreply 5707/29/2020

R533 So they don't kill gays? Are we supposed to applaud them?

That's one hell of a low bar.

by Anonymousreply 5807/29/2020

R56

[quote]No gay bars in Tel Aviv.[quote]

As soon as I read that my bullshit detector went off. There's seven - more than my own city, and more than in many Western cities

As for "Orthodox Jews killing gays during the pride parades." Religious assholery isnt just limited to Israel

"Promised rights never materializing" Political promises being broken also isnt limited to just Israel either.

Nobody's pretending Israel is perfect, but its better than anywhere else in the Middle East for LGBT people, and not marginally either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5907/29/2020

Got it R59 so here is my question.

Before the murder a Palestinian man do they ask him who he has sex with? Because then they could save the gay ones, or do they just murder them all in the same fashion?

by Anonymousreply 6007/30/2020

Name one good thing Islam has done for gay people.

by Anonymousreply 6107/30/2020

R61 : They circumcise their men.

by Anonymousreply 6207/30/2020

They learned that by watching Jews. Except for the prohibition against mixing meat and dairy, they also learned their dietary laws from the Jews.

by Anonymousreply 6307/30/2020

That low bar is called the Middle East. You're righteous when it's from the comfort of your home in the first world but gay men and women in the ME don't have that luxury. If they find that place in Israel where they wouldn't otherwise then I'm grateful to Israel no matter else they've done. I saw one of you on a China thread defending them up and down despite them herding Muslims into concentration camps -- that gives me all the insight I need into your paper-thin sense of justice. I stand by my words and between Jews and Muslims I stand by Jews.

by Anonymousreply 6407/30/2020

[quote] Nobody's pretending Israel is perfect,

Um...

by Anonymousreply 6507/31/2020

R59, nice to see gay bars have re-opened in Tel Aviv. There was a time when there were none, likely the victim of apps just like everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 6607/31/2020

R59, nice to see gay bars have re-opened in Tel Aviv. There was a time when there were none, likely the victim of apps just like everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 6707/31/2020

[quote] Name one good thing Islam has done for gay people.

What an odd question.

The answer is the same whether you ask about Islam, Christianity, or Judaism. Not one has done anything positive for gay people

by Anonymousreply 6807/31/2020

[quote] I saw one of you on a China thread defending them up and down despite them herding Muslims into concentration camp

Just following Trump's lead

by Anonymousreply 6907/31/2020

China is right about Islam.

by Anonymousreply 7007/31/2020

Sure, Israel treats gays better overall than Muslim countries but that doesn't make me suddenly want to support Israel wholeheartedly and roundly condemn the Muslim countries.

My feelings about all of them involve much more than just how they treat gays. Heck the US only make being gay legal 20 years ago.

Israel has been shifting to the right for a while now. That doesn't bode well for what we hope Israel represented. Its treatment of Palestinians is still awful (please don't pretend otherwise or give a ton of excuses).

by Anonymousreply 7107/31/2020

r33 "They'll kill me" - Arafat on what would happen if he accepted any deal guaranteeing the Palestinians their own country. Kinda hard to bargain with a guy who believes he'll be dead as soon as he negotiates away anything.

by Anonymousreply 7212 hours ago

When Palestinians start to care about gay lives I'll start to care about theirs.

by Anonymousreply 7312 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!