Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Israelis really tried to sell Israel as a gay destination.

I wonder how well it worked.

Did YOU go? Did anyone you know go?

@ link trailer to documentary "Undressing Israel (2013)"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 19, 2020 3:19 AM

Fuck you. It's the only country in the Middle East that doesn't stone gay people. How was your trip to the Caliphate?

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2020 3:02 AM

R1 has comprehension issues.

He just REACTS.

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2020 3:03 AM

I went there in 2015 but I didn't go there for the gaiety. Had a blast, went all over, rented a car in two places, went to many national parks.

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2020 3:04 AM

Fuck no. Why would I go to an apartheid theocracy? For that matter, I wouldn't visit anywhere in the Middle East. That entire portion of the planet could be vaporized and I wouldn't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2020 3:10 AM

Weekend in Tel Aviv! What could be more romantic?

by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2020 3:29 AM

Didn't they host EuroPride a few years back? And why the fuck do they think they're part of Europe?

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2020 3:31 AM

I see the Jew-hating trash is back from being banned.

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2020 3:33 AM

The whole idea of the country offends me so I wouldn't go. I have enough hot Jews to fuck right here.

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2020 3:35 AM

It was the first country I visited after coming out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 9July 27, 2020 3:36 AM

They are definitely more gay tolerant than their surrounding neighbors, but I don't think I'd actually categorize Israel as gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2020 3:40 AM

Germany got gay marriage first. How did that happen.

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2020 3:44 AM

. = ?

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2020 3:44 AM

RED DUCKLIPS ALERT!!!

Plug your noses and block if you're Arabic — this thread's going to summon Michael Lucas!

by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2020 3:50 AM

Yes it did work and for a few years many European gays were partying there. Then the buzz wore off.

by Anonymousreply 14July 27, 2020 4:26 AM

It was like 2005-2010 or so. Maybe a little longer.

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2020 4:29 AM

Israel is a gay friendly country.

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2020 4:30 AM

Don't get sucked into the pinkwashing.

Apartheid is apartheid. If you really cared about gay rights, you'd care about both Israeli and Palestinian gay people.

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2020 4:32 AM

Israel tries to paint itself as progressive and forward thinking in all aspects to mask what's going on beneath the all the PR

by Anonymousreply 18July 27, 2020 4:33 AM

And some dimwitted gay people fall for it (the same as the ones who vote for Trump).

Racist hatred lies beneath it.

by Anonymousreply 19July 27, 2020 4:37 AM

R19 is a racist concern troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 27, 2020 4:45 AM

Israel is also ahead of most of Eastern Europe on gay rights, and especially the fucking Vatican, so stick your concern up your ass, EuroTrash. How much anti-gay bigotry can we still blame on the Pope?

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2020 4:46 AM

Ask yourself why a gay Israeli man and a gay Palestinian man can't get married in Israel.

Then ask yourself why a straight Israeli man and a straight Palestinian woman can't get married in Israel.

Did you know about that?

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2020 5:09 AM

R22 Pretty sure Israelis and Palestinians can get married. Immigration can be an issue though. Wouldnt be a problem if it were a Palestinian living inside Israel already.

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2020 5:51 AM

I get these two messages about Israel: it’s a cutting edge country in every way AND it’s hamstrung by zealots and extremists.

It’s really not my cup of tea, so I’d never go there. All the Israelis I’ve ever met (and I live in Manhattan, so I’m not a stranger) are coarse and pushy and bristle with intense pride. I spent half an hour listening to a pitch from someone who was born right here on the UWS. I’d prefer a root canal.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2020 6:00 AM

[quote] Pretty sure Israelis and Palestinians can get married.

Sure about that R23? Maybe look into it a little more.

by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2020 6:06 AM

I loved it. My only advice would be to let what happens there stay there.

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2020 6:07 AM

[quote] Germany got gay marriage first. How did that happen.

Well, they're more liberal, so...

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2020 10:48 AM

[quote]Then ask yourself why a straight Israeli man and a straight Palestinian woman can't get married in Israel.

They can if they're both Christian, both Muslim or both Jewish. As I'm sure you know, Israel does not have civil marriage, only religious marriages. However, if the above-mentioned couple were to fly to Cyprus to marry, as do many Israelis who cannot obtain a religious wedding in Israel, then their marriage obtained abroad would be recognized in Israel.

by Anonymousreply 28July 28, 2020 1:57 AM

FUN FACT Elizabeth Taylor wanted to marry Burton for the second time there but they bumped up against these restrictions. They were a NUTTY pair!

by Anonymousreply 29July 28, 2020 2:01 AM

R5 that’s where I met up with the Cockgobbler and got the chance to breed that sweet piece of ass. It was a pretty nice ass, and he can take a pounding too.

by Anonymousreply 30July 28, 2020 2:47 AM

It’s just the bomb, I tell you. Simply smashing. Party scene is explosive.

by Anonymousreply 31July 28, 2020 3:23 AM

Israel is a land-grabbing piece of shit that has made life hell in the West Bank and stifled every move to give the Palestinians a permanent homeland. I would never go there. I would never give my money to those assholes.

by Anonymousreply 32July 28, 2020 3:40 AM

Opinions vary, r32, on who stifles every move. From 2001 Newsweek:

[quote]Clinton said he told Arafat that by turning down the best peace deal he was ever going to get-the one proffered by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak and brokered by Clinton last July-the Palestinian leader was only guaranteeing the election of the hawkish Ariel Sharon, the current Israeli leader. But Arafat didn't listen. Sharon was elected in a landslide Feb. 6 and has gradually escalated his crackdown on the Palestinians despite a shaky ceasefire negotiated two weeks ago by CIA chief George Tenet.

. . .

[quote]Clinton said he bluntly contradicted Arafat when, in one of their final conversations, the Palestinian leader expressed doubts that the ancient Jewish temple actually lay beneath the Islamic-run compound in Jerusalem containing the holy Al Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock. This was a critical point of dispute, since the Western Wall, a remnant of the temple's retaining wall, is the holiest site in Judaism and one the Israelis were intent on maintaining sovereignty over. "I know it's there," Clinton said he told Arafat. The so-called Al Aqsa intifada began after Ariel Sharon made a controversial visit to the disputed compound on Sept. 28, 2000.

more at link

The relevance of the 2nd paragraph is that Barak offered a deal on the Temple Mount in which the Palestinians would control the area on the ground level and above while the Israelis would control the subterranean area. Arafat refused, claiming the Jewish temple had not been there, which infuriated Clinton, who knew that Barak's offer had not been easy to make. I'll look for a source for this discussion, as it's not in the Newsweek article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 28, 2020 4:11 AM

[quote]Clinton was devastated. He continued yelling at Arafat. "Well, let me tell you something, Mr. Chairman: When my Messiah Jesus Christ walked on the Temple Mount, he didn't see any Mosques. He didn't see Al-Aqsa. He didn't see the Dome of the Rock. He saw only the Jewish Temple!" - Danny Ayalon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 28, 2020 4:19 AM

We would of gone if we'd had the money. Might still once all the COVID shit is done, partner has rellies there so we can stay cheap

by Anonymousreply 35July 28, 2020 11:04 AM

R35, a piece of advice? Spring for a hotel.

by Anonymousreply 36July 28, 2020 11:17 AM

Men of Israel

by Anonymousreply 37July 28, 2020 1:23 PM

Great country. Wonderful time there. You should try it OP. Broaden your horizons.

by Anonymousreply 38July 28, 2020 2:38 PM

[quote] Israel does not have civil marriage, only religious marriages.

And why should this be, in a supposed liberal democratic state?

by Anonymousreply 39July 28, 2020 11:39 PM

The Palestinians have often been their own worst enemies in voting for Hamas and refusing any kind of compromise with Israel.

by Anonymousreply 40July 28, 2020 11:48 PM

Does Israel welcone gay Palestinians?

by Anonymousreply 41July 28, 2020 11:50 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 28, 2020 11:54 PM

No ban on gays in the military.

by Anonymousreply 43July 29, 2020 2:31 AM

Too bad the right wing hates gays and is moving to deny gays equality

by Anonymousreply 44July 29, 2020 2:46 AM

It's a fierce and resilient nation with skeletons in the closet (as all countries do). In a better world Jews would possess 50 or so countries while Muslims would be limited to 1.

by Anonymousreply 45July 29, 2020 3:32 AM

R45 god no. With right wing Jews running Israel, just one country is just fine

by Anonymousreply 46July 29, 2020 3:46 AM

In a better world, everybody would be both Jewish and gay.

by Anonymousreply 47July 29, 2020 6:46 AM

No thanks R47.

by Anonymousreply 48July 29, 2020 7:12 AM

All theatre. They are a racist and hateful country.

by Anonymousreply 49July 29, 2020 7:15 AM

They also have far too many generals in politics.

by Anonymousreply 50July 29, 2020 7:17 AM

R49 projects the racism of the rest of the Middle East onto Israel.

by Anonymousreply 51July 29, 2020 7:26 AM

R50 Benny Gantz is one such.

by Anonymousreply 52July 29, 2020 2:33 PM

Israel treats Palestinians much better than Palestinians treat gay men. For one thing there's no law calling for the execution of Palestinians living in Israel. I support people who support me and Israel is much closer to that than any Muslim country you could name. The world would be a better place if Jews and Muslims swapped the amount of countries they controlled.

by Anonymousreply 53July 29, 2020 2:56 PM

Populations don’t go up in a genocide.

by Anonymousreply 54July 29, 2020 4:26 PM

No gay bars in Tel Aviv. Orthodox Jews killing gays during the pride parades. Promised rights never materializing (like including gays in the surrogacy law).

Israel is sliding backwards.

by Anonymousreply 55July 29, 2020 7:17 PM

No gay bars in Tel Aviv. Orthodox Jews killing gays during the pride parades. Promised rights never materializing (like including gays in the surrogacy law).

Israel is sliding backwards.

by Anonymousreply 56July 29, 2020 7:17 PM

[quote] I support people who support me and Israel is much closer to that than any Muslim country you could name.

What an odd statement.

How about condemning both?

by Anonymousreply 57July 29, 2020 7:18 PM

R533 So they don't kill gays? Are we supposed to applaud them?

That's one hell of a low bar.

by Anonymousreply 58July 29, 2020 7:26 PM

R56

[quote]No gay bars in Tel Aviv.[quote]

As soon as I read that my bullshit detector went off. There's seven - more than my own city, and more than in many Western cities

As for "Orthodox Jews killing gays during the pride parades." Religious assholery isnt just limited to Israel

"Promised rights never materializing" Political promises being broken also isnt limited to just Israel either.

Nobody's pretending Israel is perfect, but its better than anywhere else in the Middle East for LGBT people, and not marginally either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 30, 2020 7:32 AM

Got it R59 so here is my question.

Before the murder a Palestinian man do they ask him who he has sex with? Because then they could save the gay ones, or do they just murder them all in the same fashion?

by Anonymousreply 60July 30, 2020 8:18 AM

Name one good thing Islam has done for gay people.

by Anonymousreply 61July 30, 2020 10:09 AM

R61 : They circumcise their men.

by Anonymousreply 62July 30, 2020 10:22 AM

They learned that by watching Jews. Except for the prohibition against mixing meat and dairy, they also learned their dietary laws from the Jews.

by Anonymousreply 63July 30, 2020 10:24 AM

That low bar is called the Middle East. You're righteous when it's from the comfort of your home in the first world but gay men and women in the ME don't have that luxury. If they find that place in Israel where they wouldn't otherwise then I'm grateful to Israel no matter else they've done. I saw one of you on a China thread defending them up and down despite them herding Muslims into concentration camps -- that gives me all the insight I need into your paper-thin sense of justice. I stand by my words and between Jews and Muslims I stand by Jews.

by Anonymousreply 64July 30, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote] Nobody's pretending Israel is perfect,

Um...

by Anonymousreply 65July 31, 2020 5:34 PM

R59, nice to see gay bars have re-opened in Tel Aviv. There was a time when there were none, likely the victim of apps just like everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 66July 31, 2020 5:36 PM

R59, nice to see gay bars have re-opened in Tel Aviv. There was a time when there were none, likely the victim of apps just like everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 67July 31, 2020 5:36 PM

[quote] Name one good thing Islam has done for gay people.

What an odd question.

The answer is the same whether you ask about Islam, Christianity, or Judaism. Not one has done anything positive for gay people

by Anonymousreply 68July 31, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote] I saw one of you on a China thread defending them up and down despite them herding Muslims into concentration camp

Just following Trump's lead

by Anonymousreply 69July 31, 2020 5:38 PM

China is right about Islam.

by Anonymousreply 70July 31, 2020 5:42 PM

Sure, Israel treats gays better overall than Muslim countries but that doesn't make me suddenly want to support Israel wholeheartedly and roundly condemn the Muslim countries.

My feelings about all of them involve much more than just how they treat gays. Heck the US only make being gay legal 20 years ago.

Israel has been shifting to the right for a while now. That doesn't bode well for what we hope Israel represented. Its treatment of Palestinians is still awful (please don't pretend otherwise or give a ton of excuses).

by Anonymousreply 71July 31, 2020 5:45 PM

r33 "They'll kill me" - Arafat on what would happen if he accepted any deal guaranteeing the Palestinians their own country. Kinda hard to bargain with a guy who believes he'll be dead as soon as he negotiates away anything.

by Anonymousreply 72August 11, 2020 3:23 AM

When Palestinians start to care about gay lives I'll start to care about theirs.

by Anonymousreply 73August 11, 2020 3:30 AM

R72 But wasn't a compromised two-state solution the intended result to begin with? Arafat was just going through the negotiation motions like a con-man.

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2020 11:10 AM

R74, and you believe the Israel side was negotiating in good faith?

by Anonymousreply 75August 11, 2020 11:14 AM

R75 No but after both sides agreeing on the terms Arafat sabotaged the agreement at the last moment before they were going to sign by declaring the Palestinians had to have Jerusalem , knowing full well it was a deal breaker.

by Anonymousreply 76August 11, 2020 12:14 PM

[quote]Sure, Israel treats gays better overall than Muslim countries but that doesn't make me suddenly want to support Israel wholeheartedly and roundly condemn the Muslim countries.

R71 unashamedly supports homo-murdering Muslim societies. On a gay board. The incomprehensible mental illness of Jew hating trash.

[quote]Its treatment of Palestinians is still awful (please don't pretend otherwise or give a ton of excuses).

Awful? Seriously? More AWFUL than this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 11, 2020 12:34 PM

R71 was noticeably absent on the thread about this.

Teenager Arrested in Beating of Gay Men at Jaffa Port

One witness, a boat owner, intervened and says hundreds of people stood by as the young couple was spat on, harassed and beaten

From the article:

He said that he asked one of the passersby why he was spitting. "Because we're Arabs and they're gays, and there won't be gays among the Arabs, it gives Arabs a bad name," he answered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 11, 2020 12:40 PM

Damn, R77, that is absolutely horrific. I dont really know if I want to know the story behind that, but I presume it is from somewhere in the Middle East outside israel

by Anonymousreply 79August 11, 2020 12:42 PM

R22 - not true. The reason is that the Haredim (religious extremists) have infiltrated the government in Israel and are wreaking havoc. Most Israelis I met while there did not loe the situation but it is hard to overcome them die to their sheer numbers that keep growing. I went there (I am not Jewish) and it was the only place in the region where my roommate and I didn't have to beard for each other. She went out to dinner with a date and I got a hook up. We figures since it's still the Middle East we would room together and all but got the presidential suite with separate sleeping and baths. The only people she was harassed by were young Palestinian men, but the IDF is EVERYWHERE so she felt safe.

We gave up in disgust when we wanted to see the Al Aqsa mosque and she couldn't gain entry because she had a pair of long (not tight) pants instead of a caftan and I found out I couldn't take pictures or the Jordanian guard taked your camera and deleted them. We said fuck that and left.

by Anonymousreply 80August 11, 2020 1:16 PM

R79 Rough justice in Gaza. The dead guy was a "collaborator", which in Gaza can be anyone suspected of informing for "the Yahud", from a weaker clan, suspected of being a homo, or "insulted" a stronger family/clan. It's a common way both in Gaza and Ramallah of reclaiming family "honour" and keeping people "in line".

by Anonymousreply 81August 11, 2020 1:22 PM

R80, I thought that what R22 wasnt true now you mention it. Googled, found the link below.

It is possible for an Israeli and a Palestinian to marry in Israel. It isnt easy by any means, as Israel has no civil marriage system, but it is achievable

R81 thanks for that, and I suspected it was from a Palestinian territory, thank you for confirming my suspicions. I really didnt have the stomach to Google for the story behind that grim image

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 11, 2020 1:26 PM

With the re-establishment of the State in 1948, laws regarding personal matters from Ottoman times remained on the books. Each community - Druze, Jewish, Muslim Xtian, Circassian, Armenian - oversees communal marriages and divorces. Civil marriage doesn't exist in Israel because in doesn't exist in Jewish law. Same sex marriage doesn't exist in Israel because there is no point to it according to Jewish law. Property law is a civil matter and disputes are heard in Israeli civil courts.

by Anonymousreply 83August 11, 2020 1:34 PM

OP is the resident half Palestinian troll who exploded a few weeks ago about someone saying they liked Israeli cooking. He's an explosive bottom that tops need to avoid like the plague unless they are gastroenterologists.

by Anonymousreply 84August 11, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote] The reason is that the Haredim (religious extremists) have infiltrated the government in Israel and are wreaking havoc.

And this exactly why Israel is drifting away from its claim to be a safe place for gays.

by Anonymousreply 85August 11, 2020 5:46 PM

Why do Israel-supporters always say "Decades ago, The Palestinians didn't agree to our terms so they don't deserve another peace deal?"

A generation has passed for goodness sakes.

by Anonymousreply 86August 11, 2020 5:47 PM

The Palestinians have passed on generous deals time after time, decade after decade. If you think there was only one offer decades ago, you have been paying attention, r86. At the moment, Hamas and Fatah can't even come to terms.

by Anonymousreply 87August 12, 2020 12:11 AM

r75, I'm not r74, but I believe Barak was negotiating in good faith. The negotiations were moderated by the American president. Israel could not afford to piss him off.

Israel has traded land for peace before. Egypt regained control of the Sinai peninsula, Israel removed its settlements from the Sinai, and peace ensued, albeit a very cold peace. Sadat paid with his life, but the peace has held.

by Anonymousreply 88August 12, 2020 12:16 AM

R87 The 2000 Camp David summit was the one in which both sides had finally agreed to all terms. Everybody involved from both sides including the US believed it was a done deal. Arafat then out of the blue dropped the bomb about Jerusalem knowing damned well it will kill the agreement.

by Anonymousreply 89August 12, 2020 2:14 AM

I have been to Israel by myself and it does has an amazing gay scene. The men are fantastic, some of the most beautiful in the world. There is a gay beach called Hilton Beach in Tel Aviv where this guy jerked his friend off in front of me. The night life doesn't get going until really late - people don't go out until midnight. If you try to grab a drink at 10:30 the bars are empty. I've always felt really safe in Israel, especially Tel Aviv. If you can go, I would highly recommend recommend. It's about a 4.5 to 5 hour flight from London if you are spending a lot of time traveling in Europe, it might be worth a trip over. I met a lot of nice guys on Grindr actually, there is some great nightlife, and it's a small country to get around. Tel Aviv tries to brand itself separate from the rest of Israel to accommodate the gay community. I think it's fantastic that they are so gay friendly and it's worth the trip.

by Anonymousreply 90August 12, 2020 2:27 AM

[quote]Tel Aviv tries to brand itself separate from the rest of Israel

Eilat has been doing the same thing, targeting sun-starved Northern Europeans for winter breaks, as an alternative to Egypt, Morocco, or Tunisia.

by Anonymousreply 91August 12, 2020 2:36 AM

I don't know why people are saying this as a bad thing like Israel is trying to lure poor sun starved Euros to some Middle Eastern hellhole. There is definitely anit-semetic undertones on DL with anything to do with Jews or Israel, but it's DL, so it what it is. Also, just from reading different threads about travel, it's clear many on DL have never left the country. When it's safe again, I recommend everyone to do some traveling, talk with locals, and maybe you will feel differently.

by Anonymousreply 92August 12, 2020 2:52 AM

This and the Bari Weiss thread are like honey traps for Jew-haters.

by Anonymousreply 93August 12, 2020 7:30 AM

[quote]it's clear many on DL have never left the country

I take it that by "the country," you mean the United States, but there are posters here from many different countries, and quite a few of the American posters have not only travelled abroad, but lived and worked in different countries as well. Some have dual citizenship and are bilingual and bicultural.

As for my post at R91, it's an observation I made after seeing travel brochures and online ads for Eilat that do not mention the name "Israel" anywhere. Israelis are quite aware of the pro-Palestinian sentiment around Europe, so my guess is that this is deliberate, similar to how some Israeli food products (including the 'Sabra' brand of Middle Eastern specialities) are repackaged in way that obfuscates their Israeli origin, as some European consumers boycott Israeli products. These are obviously commercial decisions, and mine was a neutral observation. To some Europeans looking for a "sun holiday," price is a more important factor than the actual destination.

Your interpretation of what I wrote as "poor sun starved Euros being lured to some Middle Eastern hellhole" is just you filling in your own blanks.

by Anonymousreply 94August 12, 2020 8:05 AM

R94 - Gurl, bye!

by Anonymousreply 95August 12, 2020 8:35 AM

I suggest you take your own advice and travel a bit more, R95, rather than making more uninformed assumptions.

by Anonymousreply 96August 12, 2020 9:20 AM

Why are people so concerned about the Palestinians, what have Palestinians ever done for us?

by Anonymousreply 97August 12, 2020 10:11 AM

How very US of your R97 they must do something for you to have the right to a free life in their own country?

by Anonymousreply 98August 12, 2020 10:19 AM

R98 Freedom of life? Seriously? How very ignorant Western of you.

by Anonymousreply 99August 12, 2020 10:22 AM

[quote] There is definitely anit-semetic undertones on DL with anything to do with Jews or Israel, but it's DL, so it what it is.

Just because we don't fall for Israel's propaganda that it's some gay haven doesn't make us automatically anti-semitic.

by Anonymousreply 100August 12, 2020 2:41 PM

[quote] Why are people so concerned about the Palestinians, what have Palestinians ever done for us?

What has Israel ever done for us?

by Anonymousreply 101August 12, 2020 2:41 PM

When you occupy a land and don't give the population voting or civil rights, you are an apartheid nation.

You may support the goals and vision if Israel, but when you deny that Palestinians are an oppressed population, you lose all credibilty.

by Anonymousreply 102August 12, 2020 2:45 PM

[quote] I have been to Israel by myself and it does has an amazing gay scene. The men are fantastic, some of the most beautiful in the world. There is a gay beach called Hilton Beach in Tel Aviv where this guy jerked his friend off in front of me.

So nice. Too bad Israel's acceptance of gays is restricted to a city.

by Anonymousreply 103August 12, 2020 2:46 PM

[quote]when you deny that Palestinians are an oppressed population, you lose all credibilty.

Palestinians deny gays are an oppressed minority, therefore they lose all credibility. I'll fight for their existence when they fight for mine. Otherwise good luck amigos.

by Anonymousreply 104August 12, 2020 4:23 PM

[quote] Palestinians deny gays are an oppressed minority, therefore they lose all credibility. I'll fight for their existence when they fight for mine. Otherwise good luck amigos.

Half of America fights against gay rights. Will you stop fighting for America?

by Anonymousreply 105August 12, 2020 4:29 PM

[quote] Palestinians deny gays are an oppressed minority, therefore they lose all credibility. I'll fight for their existence when they fight for mine. Otherwise good luck amigos.

Wait until you find out most Israelis don't think much of gays either...

by Anonymousreply 106August 12, 2020 4:30 PM

[quote]Wait until you find out most Israelis don't think much of gays either...

Yes look at these infamously homophobic Orthodox jews putting up sissy scarecrows to ward away the queers 😂 tell you what. Let's have a pride parade in a muslim country of your choosing. You can be grand marshall and wave pixie sticks at your benevolent muslim masters. Maybe in the UK where half of them want to throw your gay ass in jail (for your own good of course).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 13, 2020 1:02 AM

Gay rights for Palestinians won't even become a possibility until Palestine has its own state (with its own constitution, legal framework and judiciary, elections, media etc). No other failed or collapsed state, or colonised territory, has ever managed to guarantee rights for its gay population, so why do so many ignorant Americans in this thread believe it'd be so easy for the Palestinians to do? When did your own country give rights to its gay population, and by what mechanism were they won?

If you want to see Palestinian gay rights, start campaigning for a proper Palestinian state to be a framework within which to fight for those rights. If you're not prepared to do that, you don't really care about gay rights in the Middle East, beyond their use as pinkwashing and propaganda material for Israel.

And you are so incredibly transparent.

by Anonymousreply 108August 17, 2020 3:17 AM

[quote]Gay rights for Palestinians won't even become a possibility until Palestine has its own state (with its own constitution, legal framework and judiciary, elections, media etc).

R108 The most audacious pile of ignorant horseshit posted on DL by Jew-hating trash. There are no gay (or human) rights in Gaza and the West Bank because of Islam. The concept of a Western style of social framework is anathema to the tribal mentality and Islam. They exist solely to further the power and control of the ruling despot.

by Anonymousreply 109August 17, 2020 3:28 AM

Hi Bill Maher at R109.

Go look up LGBT rights in Bosnia-Herzegovina and tell me what you find. First you'll need a marked map of Europe, and liberal use of Wikipedia will help you with some of the background history.

by Anonymousreply 110August 17, 2020 3:47 AM

R110 Bosnia is NOT a Muslim country. 45% of its population is Xtian. Now look at MUSLIM countries where 90+% of the population is Muslim. Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc etc etc. And Gaza and the West Bank. Their lack of "rights" is due to Islam. Your assertion otherwise is ludicrous, apologist nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 111August 17, 2020 4:31 AM

R111 "Bosnia (sic) is not a Muslim country, it's just that the majority of its population are Muslim".

You sound awfully smart.

The Islamic world has one billion people in it, and no, they don't all merge into the seething, bearded and furious mass that clearly haunts your cheeseburger-fuelled nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 112August 17, 2020 4:51 AM

R112 In 57 Muslim majority countries, homosexuality is a crime, socially abhorrent and in many cases a death sentence. The Muslim bloc at the UN is at the forefront of prevent the advancement of gay rights in international forums.

Bosnia is NOT indicative of Muslim countries due to its high percentage of Xtians. To say nothing of recently emerging from under the Socialist thumb. Give it another 30 years and Bosnia will be no different to Lebanon, Xtians under the thumb and whim of Islam.

Your continued apologist assertions are appalling. Especially on a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 113August 17, 2020 5:02 AM

R110 from Wikipaedia

[quote]Bosnia and Herzegovina is a secular country composed of mainly Muslims and Christians (Catholic and Orthodox). While officially secular, religion plays an important role in Bosnian society. As such, attitudes towards members of the LGBT community tend to be quite conservative, much like other Eastern European countries. Many LGBT events, most notably the 2008 Queer Sarajevo Festival, have ended in violence, after Islamic radicals attacked the crowds and chanted extremist phrases. According to a 2015 survey, 51% of LGBT Bosnians reported some form of discrimination directed against them, including verbal abuse, harassment and even physical violence.

Certainly it is vastly better than most other countries with a high percentage of Muslims - but then it is officially secular, which explains why the legal system is well in advance of public opinion there

Peruse the map linked, then look at the countries where Same-sex intercourse is illegal or carries the death penalty, and see whether there is a correlation with a certain religious affiliation being prominent. A few, primarily African are Christian, the rest I'll leave others to guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 17, 2020 6:23 AM

R114 there's no shame in citing Wikipedia but you need to actually read the entry before you post, you know?

That map doesn't list countries where same-sex intercourse is 'illegal or carries the death penalty'. It lists countries which opposed an LGBT rights declaration at the UN in 2008. Countries in red on your map where homosexual sex is nonetheless legal include Indonesia, Lebanon, Kazakhstan and Mali among others. You have an obvious agenda, but your thinking is reductionist and simplistic: very much in the mould of your last President but one (you know, the guy who won re-election based on his opposition to gay marriage).

No-one is claiming that the Islamic world is at the forefront of the gay rights movement but it is much more diverse in attitudes and degrees of toleration than apologists for racism, colonialism and imperalist aggression would like to admit.

by Anonymousreply 115August 17, 2020 12:48 PM

Anyone who makes excuses for Islam should be forced to actually go to a majority Muslim country and organize a gay pride parade. Tell me how it works out if you come back alive.

by Anonymousreply 116August 17, 2020 6:42 PM

Well, you have some points r115, but of course Obama did not win re-election on being opposed to gay marriage. He won re-election on not being a rich bitch whose only thought was how to make rich bitches richer. But other than that, I think you raise some good points.

by Anonymousreply 117August 17, 2020 6:45 PM

R116 no need. Just got to a local Hamam and you can fuck as many guys as your dick can handle. Just don't say the G word and you will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 118August 17, 2020 9:50 PM

R115 if you'd actually clicked on the link, it brings up a map of the countries where Same-sex intercourse is illegal or carries the death penalty, For some reason the thumbnail here shows the UN map

by Anonymousreply 119August 17, 2020 9:58 PM

Pro-gay nations have earned the right to conquer anti-gay ones. I'm tired of people using "imperialism" as a pejorative term. A progressive empire would be justified and is necessary at this point.

by Anonymousreply 120August 18, 2020 12:14 AM

^ Where do you think those anti gay nations got their sodomy laws from, asshole?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 18, 2020 12:15 AM

[Quote] Yes look at these infamously homophobic Orthodox jews putting up sissy scarecrows to ward away the queers

Um, those Orthodox Jews actually killed people in the Pride Parade...

by Anonymousreply 122August 18, 2020 3:22 AM

orthodox anything is so fucking annoying. just stop taking the scribbling of ancient priests seriously. mmm kaaayyyy?

by Anonymousreply 123August 18, 2020 3:23 AM

[Quote] if you'd actually clicked on the link, it brings up a map of the countries where Same-sex intercourse is illegal

Um, the US only made same sex intercourses legal a few decades ago. Don’t think we have any standing to point fingers

by Anonymousreply 124August 18, 2020 3:24 AM

yeah, but those cunts actually take that shit seriously. It's a problem.

by Anonymousreply 125August 18, 2020 3:25 AM

I agree that Muslim countries are way behind when it comes to gay rights but Israel isn’t the symbol of gay equality.

Tel Aviv is a gay friendly city but that’s pretty much the only place in Israel like that.

The rest of the Western world only started accepting gays a few decades ago.

Let’s stop pretending we’re that much ahead of Muslim countries.

by Anonymousreply 126August 18, 2020 3:26 AM

we are somewhat ahead. but yeah, it's just starting. 1969 wasn't that long ago, and that really was the start in the US. But it was a start. Everyone else needs to start, soon, or they are cunts and assholes. That is the thing. don't be a nation of cunts and assholes. Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 127August 18, 2020 3:29 AM

[quote]those Orthodox Jews actually killed people in the Pride Parade...

R122 And are prosecuted and thrown in jail. Because in Israel, gay people are protected by the same laws as everyone else. Unlike in Muslim countries. Where gay people are considered shameful vermin.

by Anonymousreply 128August 18, 2020 3:33 AM

R117 I meant George W Bush (last President but one)

R120 Why is it that so many Americans think the right way to influence the government of another country is to invade/conquer/kill? Or to sabotage an election or back a coup? What happened to diplomacy?

by Anonymousreply 129August 18, 2020 6:24 AM

Gotta love Europeans lecturing other people about the right way to conduct diplomacy, given all the "-isms" they've inflicted on the world, not to mention the global slave trade and industrialized genocide.

By the way, you're not fooling anybody. No matter how loudly you try to suck up to it by screaming about Zionism, the cancer in your midst is still going to very bloodily consume you. And fuck all help we're going to give you when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 130August 18, 2020 7:05 AM

R130 When it happens? It's been happening for 30 years. From London, Manchester, Birmingham, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Paris, Joué-lès-Tours, Saint-Quentin-Fallavier, Oignies, Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray, Charleroi, Levallois-Perret, Marseilles, Nice, Nimes, Toulouse, Carcassonne, Berlin, Hannover, Würzburg, Ansbach, Düsseldorf, Vienna, Brussels, Antwerp, Liège, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Malmo, Turku, Oslo, Madrid, and Barcelona, to the destruction of Brit Labour.

But Euros are nothing if not past masters at appeasement and turning a blind eye.

by Anonymousreply 131August 18, 2020 7:12 AM

Eastern Europe and Africa are still in the dark ages when it comes to gay rights. Christian countries are beholden to American Evangelicals and trying to pass laws that block gay rights, even hoping to pass the death penalty for gays.

This isn’t just a Muslim country problem

by Anonymousreply 132August 18, 2020 11:20 AM

ConcernedEuro does not give a shit about muslims. If he did he would not have defended China up and down the corona threads despite them putting muslims in concentration camps and HARVESTING their ORGANS. The very definition of baizuo.

by Anonymousreply 133August 18, 2020 5:31 PM

What does China's record in Xinjiang have to do with Corona, R133?

Ever been to China? Ever been to Xinjiang or anywhere in central Asia?

Ever left Ohio?

by Anonymousreply 134August 19, 2020 1:48 AM

I love Israel!

by Anonymousreply 135August 19, 2020 2:08 AM

It has to do with you sweetheart and your depraved apathy towards uighur muslims. I'm not sure u ever left china not with that slobbering deference to the largest petri dish on the planet. U dont give a shit about muslims well I give a shit about gays and im proud to say it.

Viva la Israel!! Viva la gays across the globe!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 19, 2020 3:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!