Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Annoying commercials, Summer 2020 thread

Maybe it's just being home more, or that I'm watching streaming TV (which tends to repeat the same commercials) more often.....

But it seems like they're way more annoying this summer.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 7, 2020 9:54 PM

This bitch can also fuck off already

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2020 12:07 AM

r1, but she's soooo PERKY!

don't you just love that?

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2020 12:16 AM

R2 Love it?

Like a yeast infection.

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2020 12:18 AM

"All strength....no sweat....EVERYTHING WE WANT TO WE CAN DO IT...." - yech. The singer sounds like such a little....yech

by Anonymousreply 4August 3, 2020 1:39 AM

I hate Emily. I hate her hair. I hate the way her mouth opens into a tiny little slit to allow the spoon in. And I especially hate that her mouth opens into an even tinier slit for the straw and then the sides curve up into the fucked-up shape seen in the screencap below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 3, 2020 2:00 AM

EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM

by Anonymousreply 6August 3, 2020 2:13 AM

Totally. “Lily” @ R1 needs her very punchable face, punched in.

by Anonymousreply 7August 3, 2020 2:15 AM

So much vocal fry! Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 8August 3, 2020 2:16 AM

Yes! @R5. And the vocal fry on that announcer is grounds for murder.

by Anonymousreply 9August 3, 2020 2:17 AM

In a scenario so unlikely it appears to be her hallucination, a well-groomed woman with schizophrenia keeps bumping into her schizophrenic friends in the park.

It probably wasn't the best way to sell this drug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 22, 2020 5:52 AM

There's something off putting about this commercial with the talking dog

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 22, 2020 6:11 AM

E V E R Y

G O D

D A M N

O N E

O F

T H E M

by Anonymousreply 12August 22, 2020 6:28 AM

It's an older commercial and some of the guys are hot, but the song is really annoying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 30, 2020 4:47 AM

I'm hating the Chrome Book (laptop computer) commercials. It seems like they're marketing to a cheap crowd. I don't mean to be offensive if you have this computer. But it just looks totally low-budget. I also hate the woman's voice they use for the voice-over: "Switch to Chrome Book." Ugh.

Part of my thoughts may have to do with an older friend mulling over buying this Chrome Book. She always spends $ on her grandchildren, then, when it comes to herself, she goes with a cheap product.

by Anonymousreply 14August 30, 2020 4:51 AM

This one is by far the worst commercial in a decade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 30, 2020 4:54 AM

How about the entertaining commercials? Those Chili Chili yum-yum commercials are hysterical. They're funny, short & sweet and very catchy.

by Anonymousreply 16August 30, 2020 5:08 AM

Lily from the AT&T commercials is tired of y'alls shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 30, 2020 5:11 AM

That Geico commercial, think it's GEICO, with the annoying upper middle class mother, with the super annoying voice, on the phone with her son who is some type of secret agent. The entire concept is super annoying. "Do you have the Wi-Fi password?" "We just found out...we'e Vikings."

Someone please throat kick that woman!

by Anonymousreply 18September 6, 2020 12:09 AM

The commercial with Idina Menzel! I don't even know what the commercial is for, all I hear is her yelling/singing at me.

by Anonymousreply 19September 6, 2020 12:38 AM

For some reason I saw this commercial that featured annoying YouTuber Collins Key

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 6, 2020 12:44 AM

1-800 CONtacts

by Anonymousreply 21September 6, 2020 12:55 AM

Safelite Repair, Safelite Replace

by Anonymousreply 22September 7, 2020 2:16 PM

I cant believe they use a British accent for that commercial @ R10 - I thought an English person must have posted it. But NO!

Thanks to people actually linking the commercials. I never look at them so it's good to see what you're all talking about.

by Anonymousreply 23September 7, 2020 2:23 PM

May I post one that I simultaneously hate and love?

Chili dog!

This one plays during “Family Feud” hosted by Steve Harvey. They usually bookend another commercial spot. So you’ll see this one, then another commercial for something else, and then the other Chili Dog spot that features a black family.

We only see this during “black” programming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 7, 2020 2:33 PM

DVR, bitches. Worth whatever you have to pay for it. I don't even start watching hockey games until the second period and fast forward through every commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 25September 7, 2020 2:35 PM

I can't wait to see SNL do a number on the schizo pills at r10. I personally would be frightened to see a group of so many crazy schizos hanging around together at a park. Gurrl, you really ARE in danger!

by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2020 2:37 PM

R10, I’ve never seen that one before, but it is CREEPY. The woman with the Village of the Damned eyes? Her voice is kind, but her eyes want to recruit you. That would make ME paranoid!

by Anonymousreply 27September 7, 2020 2:57 PM

And statistically, men are more likely to have schizophrenia, so why are there three women depicted with it, and only one man?

by Anonymousreply 28September 7, 2020 2:58 PM

The one for Shingles vaccine! Whaaaaaaat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 7, 2020 4:11 PM

I LOVE those Hormel Chili commercials. What's there to hate, they're short, to the point and they're funny.

by Anonymousreply 30September 7, 2020 9:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!