Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your expectation of Johnny Depp's libel trial verdict?!

Discuss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 2, 2020 1:29 PM

He's gonna lose

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2020 7:01 AM

He's gonna lose

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2020 7:01 AM

“The proceedings have aired unsavory details of the marriage — from their drug and alcohol use, to the moment excrement was found in a bed.”

Hopefully a new pair of sheets will be in the court order.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2020 7:05 AM

I'm team no one but somewhat I will feel sorry for him when he loses. Johnny is in idiot but Amber is an evil narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2020 7:06 AM

[quote] to the moment excrement was found in a bed

As a messy bottom and someone who once had food poisoning so bad I shit myself in my sleep, I sympathize.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2020 7:14 AM

He's already getting star treatment by having his case heard right now. It's not even a criminal case.

From the Guardian:

[quote] Johnny Depp’s libel trial has been described as “galling” by lawyers at a time when the criminal justice system is struggling with a massive backlog, and deeply sensitive cases are being handled remotely. One barrister questioned why Depp’s case had been allowed to proceed in person at the High Court in London when she was having to deal over the phone or by Skype with proceedings for a child at risk of being removed from their parents.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2020 7:37 AM

He will lose. He should have just released the tapes of Amber admitting to hitting him and dropped the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2020 7:45 AM

Humiliations galore.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2020 7:47 AM

I think he’ll lose too, but he’s taking Amber down with him, which I’d imagine was his goal the whole time.

I wonder if he does lose this case, will he bother with the one against her? It’s not like she actually has $50 million to fork over.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2020 7:49 AM

I think he will lose and their careers are ruined forever. I can't recall hearing anything so vile and disgusting as their accounts of each other's behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2020 7:59 AM

The case is between The Sun and Johnny Depp, not Amber. She was just a witness.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2020 8:33 AM

R10 It really is striking how much damage this divorce has done to both of their reputations. Usually, even the ugliest Hollywood splits have a so called winner who manages to gain sympathy from the public . Now all people see when they look at Depp and Heard are bloody fingers and poop smeared sheets respectively. It's not even the sexy kind of scandalous, just icky and off putting.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2020 9:56 AM

She should have just realeased her ....... oh right she did!

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2020 10:02 AM

Neither of them is covered in glory. Shit, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2020 10:06 AM

[quote]The case is between The Sun and Johnny Depp, not Amber. She was just a witness.

Yes, but he also has a suit filed against her. I think he'll continue with that suit too. He's crazy and he's still not over her

When they divorced he made her sign an NDA. He was willing to pay her $7 million (or 7.5) to keep her silence and then he goes and splashes all their sordid escapades to the entire world. He is such a mess

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2020 10:14 AM

R13 released* sorry, that got messy

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2020 10:34 AM

My expectation is that they are both given the electric chair with no appeals. The world will be much better off without them.

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2020 10:39 AM

Doesn't he look like Pamela Adlon? A little Nancy McKeon too.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2020 10:48 AM

She will go on to the next rich guy. He won't recover.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2020 12:11 PM

What the hell happened to her? She was stunningly beautiful at those red carpet events. Now she looks like the Michelin man.

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2020 12:13 PM

They are both addicted to meth and drama R20. It takes its toll.

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2020 12:16 PM

The serious question here, Why didn't Johnny Depp release the numerous phone calls/tapes of Amber admitting hitting him and revealing her sociopathic character? It would have made a difference then Not now.

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2020 4:19 PM

r22 Johnny was unable to get access to the tapes due to Amber/Elon Musk's lawyers so that's why it came so much later. But when he did get the tapes, he pushed the lawsuit when he should have been pushing the tapes and let the public make up their minds. The lawsuits aren't helping him.

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2020 4:43 PM

The lawyers are the winners. Mega bucks! no matter the outcome!

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2020 6:52 PM

The lawyers are the winners. Mega bucks! no matter the outcome!

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2020 6:52 PM

R23 I highly doubt it, There were recording of phone call/s between Johnny and Amber right in the middle of the divorce scandal/negotiation, with Johnny recording the calls (not Amber). I'm sure he had access to these recording at least (like this one below).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2020 6:55 PM

This is all real shitty. When do the shot stories come out. Who smeared who?

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2020 6:58 PM

Johnny is done. He was already on thin ice before this trial. He believed his own hype. Amber will still find suckers that will support her.

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2020 6:59 PM

Is Johnny sober now?

I think he has a longer shelf life. Let's face it, women don't have long careers in the industry esp if you're depending on your looks and not so much your "craft".

Johnny can always come back in a few years or a decade later...if he's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2020 7:03 PM

Is Johnny sober now?

I think he has a longer shelf life. Let's face it, women don't have long careers in the industry esp if you're depending on your looks and not so much your "craft".

Johnny can always come back in a few years or a decade later...if he's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2020 7:03 PM

[quote] Johnny was unable to get access to the tapes due to Amber/Elon Musk's lawyers so that's why it came so much later. But when he did get the tapes, he pushed the lawsuit when he should have been pushing the tapes and let the public make up their minds.

Once again, this is a trial. It's not something that the public votes on. It doesn't matter what people on twitter think about this

Most people don't even know who she is

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2020 7:18 PM

He'll deservedly lose. He's suing them for calling him an abusive husband - but admitted he headbutted her? Case closed right there.

by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2020 7:21 PM

Elon Musk, IMO, is not physically attractive. (His personality seems unpleasant as well.) When Amber Heard started dating him, I started thinking she'll go from rich man to rich man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2020 7:29 PM

Who is going to hire Johnny? Tim Burton? He's not really making hits right now either.

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2020 7:57 PM

Johnny has, what, four Fantastic Beast movies left on his contact? That’s something, and I’m sure the pay is good.

I’m curious if Amber will get to keep her Aquaman gig.

by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2020 8:18 PM

I wish they would both burst into flames and leave nothing behind but ash. Right in open court. Along with a plethora of other celebrities. I'm sick to death of trivial bullshit, I guess. Does that make me a bad person?

by Anonymousreply 36July 26, 2020 8:47 PM

I bet you money they try to get him out of that contract for Fantastic Beasts. They'll recast him.

by Anonymousreply 37July 26, 2020 11:27 PM

Either way, she’s got a big mess to clean up!

by Anonymousreply 38July 26, 2020 11:54 PM

Isn’t the whole case whether The Sun committed libel by referring to him as a wife beater? If that’s all it is ... seems like he will lose.

by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2020 12:08 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 7, 2020 2:20 AM

She should be more understanding, r40. It's because of Depp that this whore has a B-list career at the moment. She was never climbing above C without a little D.

Poor lez.

by Anonymousreply 41September 7, 2020 2:22 AM

He’s a smelly mess. Maybe amber is a grifter but at least she knows how to shower.

by Anonymousreply 42September 7, 2020 2:24 AM

No r36, because I feel exactly the same way. I want to hurl myself into the sea or something if they promise to shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 43September 7, 2020 2:33 AM

I hope they both die horribly, slowly and painfully. So that's my expectation.

by Anonymousreply 44September 7, 2020 2:37 AM

Is that before or after she shits in her own bed, R42?

And she sleeps with plenty of unkempt dykes. Many of them look like they're more manly than Depp.

This one looks like it was into Johnny Depp cosplay. Only it's a fun woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 7, 2020 3:06 AM

Odd that Amber's sycophants talk shit (there's that word) about Depp's appearance, when her girlfriends are so busted looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 7, 2020 3:07 AM

This one is rather tragic looking. And looks like it avoids regular grooming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 7, 2020 3:08 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 7, 2020 3:12 AM

What trial ?

by Anonymousreply 49September 7, 2020 3:12 AM

Tasya. The lezbo cuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 7, 2020 3:14 AM

[quote] The lawyers are the winners. Mega bucks! no matter the outcome!

As God intended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 7, 2020 3:16 AM

I think he’ll lose because he isn’t exactly an angel either as was revealed during the trial. Plus he’s allegedly dating ANOTHER young bimbo so he obviously hasn’t learned a thing.

by Anonymousreply 52September 7, 2020 3:21 AM

Amber's still dating dykes, R52. That means that she hasn't learned a lesson: she's still taking a regular beating.

This also points to what a grifter she is: we all know dykes love to beat each other up, so why was she so offended by Depp being hands-on?

by Anonymousreply 53September 7, 2020 3:23 AM

I think he's happy he dragged Amber through the mud. She has fared badly from this. He tarnished his own reputation, but I think he'll always have work - maybe not leading man roles, but work he'll have. Amber, on the other hand, is very pretty but forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 54September 7, 2020 3:25 AM

Amber wouldn't have a career without Depp.

And let's remember that she's such a grifter that she's used his supposed "abuse" as a way to keep her name in the media, and even head up anti-violence/women's groups. Even though she 1) beat him/tortured him (which is pathetic on his part) and 2) is known to have beaten ex-girlfriends.

She's a dyke, so she loves fist fights.

She is an utter fraud. Her career was made by her marriage to him. And she has been trying to keep it going by damaging his image, which damages his career.

She's a good looking Bari Weiss: if she gets cancelled, then it's only a form of karmic justice, as she never should have had a career of any note in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2020 3:28 AM

Wasn’t dell engaged to a Russian gogo dancer? What happened to that?

by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2020 3:30 AM

Amber Heard was arrested for beating Tasya. Then tried to get the arresting officer fired for homophobia.

The police officer is a lesbian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 7, 2020 3:31 AM

All of her lesbian girlfriends look clean, unlike Johnny. Dressing like a bohemian or looking butch is not the same as greasy hair and rotting teeth. It's amazing how many people will excuse his disgusting lack of hygiene despite his being a millionaire.

by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2020 4:40 AM

These threads really attract Heard's Dyke Defense Force.

by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2020 5:20 PM

How fucking crazy and drugged out do you have to be to sue someone and then ask that person to delay the court date to help you out?

He's warped

by Anonymousreply 60September 8, 2020 12:01 AM

The question remains, R58: how can cleanliness be your mode of attack against Depp when you're in full spin for a woman that literally shits the bed?

by Anonymousreply 61September 8, 2020 3:34 PM

I suppose the irony is this: Depp could clean up. And was once good looking, at least.

Nothing is going to make Heard's Girlfriends/dyke task force look hot. Look at those women. They're ugly.

Funny how lesbians seem to know how inherently miserable their situation is. Thus, being unclean is seen as being worse than being horribly unattractive on a genetic level. That's one hell of a confession from the Dyke Board of Communications. Thanks, girls.

The lesbians are full of hatred for any and all men, and will thus attack as a hive. We're seeing that in this thread: constant attacks on Depp while they defend this miserable lez. Gay men should take note: lesbians are not friends.

And we know what a grifter Heard is: after all, if she hated taking beatings, why is she with lesbians? This is a demo that is known for having the highest rate of domestic abuse cases. And Heard herself is a statistic: she has been busted for beating another woman.

Similarly, lesbians have a huge rate of alcoholism, yet the lesbians in this thread taunt Depp for his issues with the bottle. Both things Heard is after Depp for publicly -- substance abuse and woman beating -- makes up the culture of lesbianism.

Makes you wonder, why was it such a big deal that Depp supposedly beat her when considering the demographic she broadly belongs to, and the direct fact that she has beaten another woman? Simple: because she could make her career off of constantly whining about what Depp did to her. This has also allowed her to pay for Io's sex change, and fake it as a domestic abuse spokesperson, even though she has a history of domestic abuse (of women and men, ironically).

There's probably more evidence of her beating Depp -- including her own recorded or transcribed confessions to the effect -- than Depp beating on her.

What a disgusting man-hating dyke. Without any ability to get anywhere without a man's Q Rating. The funniest part? She has an entire cast of pathetic women around her that needed Depp to take care of them financially, from Heard's sister to Tasya to Io. All a bunch of losers, that simultaneously hate the man that they took cash and room & board from.

Typical hateful fish. Talentless, witless and dumb enough to attempt biting off the hand that feeds them. Literally, in her Heard's case.

Talk about shitting where you eat. Or in Heard's case, where you used to be paid to fuck and sleep.

Carry on, dears.

by Anonymousreply 62September 8, 2020 3:34 PM

He and Richard Greico were so pretty in the 21 Jump Street days. They’ve both aged so poorly.

by Anonymousreply 63September 8, 2020 3:56 PM

The question is, has Depp aged horribly enough to look like one of Heard's lesbian lovers?

by Anonymousreply 64September 8, 2020 3:59 PM

You don't have to be a lesbian to hate men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 8, 2020 4:37 PM

Does he have wet brain? On what planet would she agree to postpone the case? Especially when she’s apparently due to film the Aquaman sequel during the time he’s asking to reschedule. Hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 66September 8, 2020 5:47 PM

It seems like he's going to win.

by Anonymousreply 67September 8, 2020 5:57 PM

[quote] You don't have to be a lesbian to hate men.

So why are women that hate men on a gay men's site, R65?

This kind of sums up the Depp/Heard relationship as well: a bunch of angry lesbians hang around Depp's properties and take his money while attesting to how much they hate him. This is exactly what Tasya, Io and the Bed Shitter -- Heard -- did for years. And continue to do.

We essentially only know of these people because of Depp. They're parasites without any talent or worth of their own.

And they're all homely or ugly to boot, excepting Heard. I bet a number of women in this thread see themselves in these homely, angry lesbians.

Funny.

by Anonymousreply 68September 10, 2020 6:56 AM

"This also points to what a grifter she is: we all know dykes love to beat each other up, so why was she so offended by Depp being hands-on?"

You sound like you're overcompensating for a tiny penis.

by Anonymousreply 69September 10, 2020 7:16 AM

[quote] All of her lesbian girlfriends look clean, unlike Johnny.

Part of good feminine grooming is wearing makeup and shaving. None of Heard's girlfriends wear makeup, and they also look like the types who often avoid shaving their armpits or legs. And probably their crotches, despite the alleged oral/sexual contact that they say takes place down there.

To top it off, they're all ugly.

by Anonymousreply 70September 10, 2020 7:17 AM

[quote] You sound like you're overcompensating for a tiny penis.

If a tiny penis is a problem, that would logically make no penis at all the apocalypse. That's called phallic envy.

Which is pretty clearly something that many dykes in this thread suffer from.

Do you think Io's cock is big?

by Anonymousreply 71September 10, 2020 7:18 AM

Notice that pointing out Amber's grifting -- and how the other dykes also ripped Depp off -- is never challenged by Heard's defenders. They think it's great.

But I suppose talentless hacks and angry lesbians know members of their tribe. By scent or sight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 10, 2020 7:21 AM

Amber was stunning at the red carpet events with Johnny. She looks awful now. She seems to have gained a lot of weight.

by Anonymousreply 73September 10, 2020 7:44 AM

Depp will fail.

by Anonymousreply 74September 10, 2020 9:04 AM

"If a tiny penis is a problem, that would logically make no penis at all the apocalypse. That's called phallic envy.

Which is pretty clearly something that many dykes in this thread suffer from.

Do you think Io's cock is big?"

Brain aneurysm?

by Anonymousreply 75September 10, 2020 11:30 AM

[quote] Brain aneurysm?

No, you just lack IQ.

Or are we talking about what drove Io's sex change?

On the Io sex change count, I just thought it was a mix of being hideous and the beast's intense phallic envy, which you helpfully let us segue into. Logical and abstract thought don't seem to be a strong suit for you as opposed to passive-aggressive, witless lines. Ironic, as you seem to think a lack of logic and a lack of a cock are shameful things.

You must be a lez.

by Anonymousreply 76September 10, 2020 6:46 PM

Johnny Depp has absolutely ruined himself. He thinks he some English dandy/rock star when in reality he's a has been and utterly pathetic. The eye makeup and 100 scarves. What a sad cliche.

by Anonymousreply 77September 10, 2020 7:00 PM

[quote] Johnny Depp has absolutely ruined himself. He thinks he some English dandy/rock star when in reality he's a has been and utterly pathetic.

And yet he's still not as big a loser as the dykes that grifted off of him. That includes Heard, who has almost certainly peaked at B-List; the only reason she has that is because of Depp.

I agree that Depp is pathetic at this point, but that line of thought buries the lede compared to the pathetic dykes that stole from him for years. Pathetic, ugly dykes like Tasya that function as a female cuck to Amber Heard, a mediocre acting talent on her best day.

Shitting the bed was actually one of the nicer things that Amber and her dyke squad did to Depp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 10, 2020 7:08 PM

What a lousy nose job at R50

by Anonymousreply 79September 10, 2020 7:44 PM

"Brain aneurysm? No, you just lack IQ.

Or are we talking about what drove Io's sex change?

On the Io sex change count, I just thought it was a mix of being hideous and the beast's intense phallic envy, which you helpfully let us segue into. Logical and abstract thought don't seem to be a strong suit for you as opposed to passive-aggressive, witless lines. Ironic, as you seem to think a lack of logic and a lack of a cock are shameful things.

You must be a lez."

So...worse than brain aneurysm.

God bless.

by Anonymousreply 80September 12, 2020 4:14 AM

R80, you post like you have no penis. Judging by your prior posts, this bothers you. It also appears to make you utterly witless.

Hope you get help, the same way the hideous beast Io did. Did it (oh, I mean "he") have an aneurysm before or after it/"he" decided it/"he" was a "man"?

Obviously, Io is a very sane individual. Much like all the witless, misandrist dykes -- R80 as a great example -- that vent their hatred of men while hanging out on a gay men's board. Logic really isn't a strong suit in the lesbian community, much as wit, proper feminine hygiene and grooming are no-gos for these people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 15, 2020 9:23 AM

One last reminder: Heard's a grifter and her girlfriends are hideous, talentless hacks that also stole from Depp (who has more talent and money than all of them, even in his animal-like condition); when this was stated, it bothered R80 enough to respond but it couldn't really find anything of merit to defend Heard with @ R69. Funny how even Heard's Dyke Defense Force can't really deny these things, instead they try to avoid the issues through witless lesbo attacks.

The usual.

Maybe R80/R69 is in search of a dick as well: either from sex or from a sex change. Seems so many lesbians have penis envy, as this one has already made clear.

Thanks for conceding, R80.

Here's another image to remind all of us of what the lesbian community has to face in the mirror every day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 15, 2020 9:29 AM

You're throwing jabs about hygiene in defence of Johnny Depp?!

by Anonymousreply 83September 15, 2020 9:38 AM

R83, Heard's handlers are throwing jabs about hygiene. While defending a woman that shit her own bed.

Your post is on-brand: you have things ass-backwards. Good work, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 15, 2020 9:44 AM

"Seems so many lesbians have penis envy, as this one has already made clear."

Does it? Does it seem like that? You're such a keen observer of the human condition.

Lord knows having a tiny penis leaves you with plenty of field vision.

by Anonymousreply 85September 15, 2020 11:14 AM

{quote] Lord knows having a tiny penis leaves you with plenty of field vision.

Dear, I'm an insatiable bottom with a tiny cock. Men fuck me nightly while reaching around and milking it vigorously in West Hollywood. You should drop by sometime to witness this, it's so clear that you have a penis envy.

This doesn't change the fact that Amber Heard is a grifter surrounded by man-hating dykes so talentless that they had to steal from Depp through Heard's marriage to him. This after all is what sets you off, but that you have zero ability to discredit: it's evident that this is the case.

And the secondary point remains: if having a small penis is shameful, what does being an ugly lesbian -- that often is mistaken for man, anyway -- with no penis at all add up to? By your own logic, you have a very big problem.

No wonder you're so angry. Dickless and witless, the prototype dyke.

by Anonymousreply 86September 15, 2020 3:17 PM

Also, I'd like to point out that each time I see another ugly lesbian, my poor penis shrivels up horribly. Obviously, lesbians have no idea what this is like, as ugly butches -- like Amber's current GF -- pretend a strap-on is a real penis.

I wonder if this ugly dyke has a motorized strap for fucking Amber? She probably revs it up like a Harley.

Hm. No bulge. Imagine having to lick that area. Poor Amber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 15, 2020 3:21 PM

The face of lesbianism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 15, 2020 3:22 PM

So, did I miss it? What’s the verdict?

by Anonymousreply 89September 15, 2020 3:25 PM

I know lesbians are obsessed with cock, as we can see from their rantings about the male member across DL threads.

Here are some pics for you "guys" (Io Tillet and crew)

I know it's sad that you'll never fuck this or have this between your legs, dears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 15, 2020 4:10 PM

This is clearly more attractive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 15, 2020 4:10 PM

...than this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 15, 2020 4:12 PM

Just remember, that ugly woman Io had to steal from Depp through Heard. Then used the money they made off with to get that sex change it always wanted.

by Anonymousreply 93September 15, 2020 4:12 PM

Amber Heard has spent so much time looking at hideous lesbians that the poor dear now believes that shitting its own bed is hygienic. We all know that lesbians tend to live in filth (as a form of "defeating stereotypes about housewives and the patriarchy", no doubt), but this is ridiculous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 15, 2020 4:22 PM

Amber is boring this thread should discuss Johnny and how pretty he used to be and how ugly he is now. Why do some men age so well? Do men who are more rugged in their youth age better? I’ve never been pretty so aging doesn’t worry me much but it must be difficult to lose that if you had it once.

by Anonymousreply 95September 15, 2020 5:00 PM

Color me surprised, WB apparently likes Heard enough to add her to a future iteration of The Justice League.

I wonder how many hysterical Change petitions this will generate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 15, 2020 7:39 PM

Amber never thinks of Johnny, while he thinks about her day and night. She's moved on and he's obsessing

Pathetic

by Anonymousreply 97September 15, 2020 9:28 PM

The verdict is expected next week

Johnny Depp’s highly publicized libel case is nearing its final act. A verdict will be given on Nov. 2 for the lawsuit filed by Depp against the publisher of British tabloid The Sun over an article accusing the actor of assaulting his then-wife, actress Amber Heard.

A hearing will not be held when judge Andrew Nicol provides his verdict in writing next week, Britain’s judicial office said Tuesday in its announcement. The verdict comes three months after July’s headline-making three-week trial in London that saw Depp, 57, deny ever hitting a woman, and saw Heard accuse the actor of committing multiple violent acts.

The Sun’s April 2018 article at the center of the lawsuit painted Depp as a “wife-beater," and the newspaper’s defense in the libel case referenced 14 alleged incidents of violence by the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star. Depp named both News Group Newspapers, which publishes The Sun, and Dan Wootton, the executive editor of the tabloid, in his lawsuit.

He has contended that Heard, whom he was married to from 2015 to 2017, was the aggressor during their marriage, and said her claims against him have “been a constant issue in my casting" as he pursues acting jobs. “These sick claims are totally untrue,” Depp asserted in a written statement in July, responding to Heard’s accusations. The allegations made by Heard, who appeared in court in July but was not on trial herself, included claiming that Depp once hurled 30 bottles toward her, as if they were “grenades or bombs.”“Johnny, when he was clean and sober, could be a wonderful person, generous, loving,” Heard said at the time. “He’s a remarkable man when he’s like that and I loved him. The other side of him was a monster but I always held out hope he would get clean and sober.” Depp, who acknowledged his drug use, claimed Heard, 34, once slugged him with a “haymaker” punch and described an acrimonious marriage between them.

During the closing arguments of July’s trial, a lawyer for The Sun accused Depp of “overwhelming evidence of domestic violence or wife-beating behavior, cataloged over a three-year period.” “Permeating all of the evidence in this case is the character of Mr. Depp himself — his well-documented evidence of violence and destruction over his adult life which have occurred when he was under the influence of drink and drugs,” lawyer Laura Wass said at the time.

Depp and Heard, whose films include “Pineapple Express” and “Zombieland,” met when they worked together on the 2011 comedy movie “The Rum Diary.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 27, 2020 8:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 2, 2020 10:00 AM

The incels at Reddit are in mourning today. Early on in the case there were daily posts on how mean Amber Heard was to pwoor wittle Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 100November 2, 2020 10:04 AM

Fake lavender marriage. Both gay. Simple case of blackmail.

by Anonymousreply 101November 2, 2020 10:38 AM

The vast majority on Twitter are canonizing Depp as a male abuse survivor and vilifying Heard as a gold digging abusive Jezebel.

Go figure

by Anonymousreply 102November 2, 2020 11:12 AM

If he's smart, he'll drop that American lawsuit ASAP.

But he's not smart, so he won't.

by Anonymousreply 103November 2, 2020 11:26 AM

Twitter is populated by MRA incels/trancels just like Reddit. No shock they’d side with an abusive, straight guy, since they are all abusive straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 104November 2, 2020 11:42 AM

Maybe they’ll both go away now.

by Anonymousreply 105November 2, 2020 12:23 PM

Ever since Tumblr took away porn all the incels infected other social media sites and now we get transphobia and the "innocence" of Johnny Depp.

by Anonymousreply 106November 2, 2020 12:51 PM

That he will still have killer body odor.

by Anonymousreply 107November 2, 2020 12:52 PM

I'm glad the judge called out Depp for the abusive piece of shit that he is. I hope this puts the final nail in his Hollywood career.

by Anonymousreply 108November 2, 2020 1:09 PM

r106 it was the trancels who were filling up tumblr with kiddie porn before being shunted to other sites.

by Anonymousreply 109November 2, 2020 1:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!