Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Saturday is going to be a bad day

Saturday, July 25th is a national day of solidarity against the "invasion" of Portland.

The Youth Liberation Front is organizing- "...youth abolitionists are calling for a national and global march against the institution of policing."

....."We are calling on all abolitionists, youth or non-youth, to coordinate mass protests on July 25th to show the world that the fire of this uprising is still burning strong, and that flames will just keep getting bigger until the police state has been dismantled once and for all."

College students and unemployed burnouts across America will be lighting police cars on fire and shining lasers into cops' eyes for justice. Just what America needs in these trying times!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 31, 2020 8:12 PM

Enablers who complain are the reason Trump gets away with EVERYTHING. It's the reason he and his ilk are destroying this country. Their complacency has allowed these fascists in the WH and Trump's flying monkeys in Congress to ride rough shod over the constitution and basic rights.

I support these young people.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2020 1:18 PM

They're cosseted kids playing anarchists. They're providing Cheeto and the RNC with footage for attack ads. Portland's mayor has coddled them for too long, and this is the result.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2020 1:46 PM

These dumb young uneducated morons are playing right into Trump's playbook... and he will win the election on law & order, because the old scared white people go out and vote while these young entitled assholes drink lattes in mommy and daddy's basement.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2020 2:09 PM

This feels like the kind of thing that will fizzle. A gang of anarchists who want to destroy property will probably form, with about ten suburban kids who wind up going the park to smoke dope instead.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2020 2:10 PM

Could I just point out, there's a kid in the pic in the OP wearing medieval armor and brandishing a wooden shield with wolves painted on it.

That is the picture these people chose to put on their page announcing their riots.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2020 2:15 PM

[quote]rld that the fire of this uprising is still burning strong, and that flames will just keep getting bigger until the police st

They are speaking *metaphorically*, right? Right?

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2020 2:19 PM

In my day, we'd just put on a show!

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2020 2:20 PM

This is what we get for idealizing the hippie movement.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2020 2:30 PM

[quote] until the police state has been dismantled once and for all.

Undoubtedly, policing practices have to change. However, the notion that some extremists want — i.e., getting rid of the police altogether — is not going to happen.

The DC City Council, which has its share of ultra-bleeding-hearts, was set to approve emergency legislation yesterday to reduce the police budget by $15,000,000. They delayed action because the optics were not good, coming 48 hours after a mass shooting in the city’s Columbia Heights neighborhood in broad daylight on Sunday.

Dismantling the police and redirecting the money to counselors and conflict resolution are only partial solutions. Without FIRST addressing many other systemic issues, such as poverty, lack of education, and unemployment, this becomes a recipe for disaster. The zeal for immediately and visibly “punishing” police departments by reducing their budgets without taking many other necessary steps is unfortunately typical of politicians who want to show that they are being responsive without doing the hard work. They lack the will to follow through and address the critical underlying causes for crime that will not disappear just because police budgets are slashed.

Reducing budgets and shifting resources should be part of a very broad, comprehensive plan, not stand-alone proposals to showboat how woke people are.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2020 2:45 PM

R3 And black people don't want the police either, you racist? Part of my family is black living in bad neighborhoods and they hate what's going on. They make fun of these racist white people who think that they have to shepherd the black people who don't know any better into the right direction. Black people who need policing are ignored or shouted down. My cousin's wife got into an argument with a WHITE woman who told her that she's marching for black people, and my cousin's wife said, "you're not marching for me. My hood NEEDS the police," and this white woman called my cousin's BLACK wife a racist! Imagine that?! A white woman calling a black woman a racist because she wants police presence in her bad neighborhood. The only people who don't want policing at this point are criminals and bougie black and white people who have never had to deal with the thug life and daily shootings. A big backlash is coming.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2020 2:55 PM

It was idiotic to call it defunding the police. It created a total sideshow for opponents. Great shame.

From the recent WaPo/ABC poll: "On the issue of police funding, for example, 55 percent of Americans oppose moving funds from police departments to social services — and 43 percent say they oppose it “strongly.” Republicans are the most opposed, with 84 percent saying they’re against such a shift. Among independents, 53 percent are opposed, while 59 percent of Democrats support such shifts. On this issue, there is a sizable generation gap. Over half of Americans under age 40 support a funding shift, while less than a third of Americans 40 and older are in favor of moving funding from police to social services."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2020 2:57 PM

R10 If they cared about keeping cities safe, they'd be chanting "train the police," or "reform the police." But they don't give one flying fuck about anybody but themselves.

This is a rich people's rebellion, rebelling against the government because they've lost control of it and they can't figure out how to get it back.

It's not a coincidence this is starting in one of the richest, whitest cities in America- fucking Portland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2020 3:40 PM

R10 DL hates Rasmussen, but there's a Rasmussen poll out today saying 57% of black people are opposed to defunding the police. 61% of all Americans think crime rates will rise if the police are defunded:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2020 3:47 PM

On one hand, I think some of these people are getting involved in this activity in an attempt to become influencers on social media. For those who ARE serious, I wish they'd consider an intergenerational approach. Reach out to the boomers who popularized protesting (and going to jail) in the 1960s, and work together. OK, BOOMER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2020 3:58 PM

[quote] Could I just point out, there's a kid in the pic in the OP wearing medieval armor and brandishing a wooden shield with wolves painted on it.

On the other hand we’ve got unidentified people showing up in camo to deal with protestors. It’s cosplay gone crazy.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2020 4:02 PM

R15 Not sure who you mean?

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2020 5:27 PM

The gestapo goons arresting the protestors are the cosplaying camo people.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2020 6:55 PM

I'm surprised more people aren't on the streets considering how corrupt, cruel, and stupid trump & company are.

I'm just sorry the kids aren't more articulate in their grievances, more peaceful, less violent. After the initial violence stopped peaceful protest began. I'd like to see more of that.

BLM is very important, it's time to address the wrongs through police reforms but "defund police" is indeed an unfortunate tagline. We do need police. People murder, they steal, they assault, they cheat and on and on. Innocent people need protection. Not the trump goons, of course, but local people well trained in the communities they serve. Trained to be sensitive to racist, sexist, LGBT, and other biased response, to treat all people equally, and to of course arrest people who are harming others.

Where I live law enforcement is more progressive. I have a family member in law enforcement who is kind, funny, and compassionate, as are many of his co-workers. It's a small minority who abuse their positions, at least here, and they can no longer be tolerated, they have to go.

There is a lot wrong here, but name-calling of frustrated youth is not the solution. Think of how you were at that age. My generation was also out protesting. Sometimes it will actually change a culture but it helps when the messages are clear, articulate, and non-violent, like we heard from Martin Luther King and John Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2020 7:09 PM

I hope no skulls are cracked.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2020 7:27 PM

I read the OP as "Invasion of Poland."

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2020 8:10 PM

[quote]They're providing Cheeto and the RNC with footage for attack ads.

Let's be honest: the GOP would say the evil lefties were doing this even if they weren't. Just today there was an anti-protester ad revealed to be some GOP propaganda using old footage of a protest in Ukraine.

The "they're playing into the GOP's hands" argument doesn't hold water, I'm afraid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2020 8:23 PM

[quote]these young entitled assholes drink lattes in mommy and daddy's basement.

How does this get 9 WWs? It's half gibberish, half outdated stereotypes. When was the last time you heard someone complaining about "latte-sipping liberals"? 2015? And when did anyone ever combine latte-swilling leftist stereotypes with basement-dwelling incel stereotypes?

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2020 8:26 PM

Put a bird on it.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2020 9:15 PM

R22, some hateful trolls are in this tread.

by Anonymousreply 24July 23, 2020 1:51 AM

Just wait until November 3, OP.

We'll show you a bad day.

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2020 3:11 AM

R25 Whatever could you be referring to?

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2020 3:15 AM

Ha ha . I also read it at first as Invasion of Poland. Also, fuck these leftard spoiled mostly-white brats.

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2020 3:18 AM

It's heeeeeeeeeere!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2020 3:24 PM

The Seattle City Council's ban on use of non-lethal riot control weapons by the SPD goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. tonight.

Chief Carmen Best has penned a letter to the city basically telling them they're shit out of luck. She isn't going to send officers out into violent crowds with no means to protect themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2020 3:27 PM

Be on the look out for multiple Seattle police precincts and public buildings to be overrun tonight.

by Anonymousreply 30July 25, 2020 3:28 PM

Great. I work across from police headquarters in A Major City and have to go into work today.

This all started as peaceful protests for George Floyd and is not about that anymore. Someone is using racial tensions to re-elect Donald Trump.

On Nov. 4th no one will give this any coverage. People will show-up to protests and there will be five people there.

by Anonymousreply 31July 25, 2020 3:31 PM

I'm still not convinced of the identities and motives of the more provocative among the "protestors." More collusion at play; this time between donald's manufactured agitators and his troops?

Resign, already.

by Anonymousreply 32July 25, 2020 4:42 PM

Just a suggestion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 25, 2020 4:47 PM

404 not found R33.

by Anonymousreply 34July 25, 2020 5:11 PM

R31 The violence doesn't usually start until late in the evening- 10 p.m. or so, after the actual protestors (they do exist!) start to trickle home.

by Anonymousreply 35July 25, 2020 5:13 PM

R32 Click around that website in the OP a little. Not saying it can't be both, the right loves a catastrotunity, but these people are instigating violence within their own ranks.

by Anonymousreply 36July 25, 2020 5:16 PM

Of course the powers that be will NEVER defund the police . The very thought is ludicrous. So I have to wonder what the real agenda is behind this. Even those rioting fuckwits know that will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 37July 25, 2020 5:26 PM

[quote] Of course the powers that be will NEVER defund the police .

Tell that to Minneapolis.

by Anonymousreply 38July 25, 2020 5:34 PM

"College students and unemployed burnouts across America will be lighting police cars on fire and shining lasers into cops' eyes for justice."

Racist cunts like OP will be complaining while wearing MAGA hat and confederate flag shirts

by Anonymousreply 39July 25, 2020 5:36 PM

R37 That is such a great question and I have no idea what the answer is.

by Anonymousreply 40July 25, 2020 5:36 PM

"Part of my family is black living in bad neighborhoods and they hate what's going on. They make fun of these racist white people who think that they have to shepherd the black people who don't know any better into the right direction."

Funny that freepers like you accuse liberals of playing the race card while labeling liberals as racist. Yeah, that must be why huge numbers of black people are Republicans and why Trump is polling so well with the black community. Oh, wait.....

by Anonymousreply 41July 25, 2020 5:39 PM

"These dumb young uneducated morons are playing right into Trump's playbook... and he will win the election on law & order, because the old scared white people go out and vote while these young entitled assholes drink lattes in mommy and daddy's basement."

Uneducated? Excuse me? You might want to check poll numbers - it's college educated people who are against Trump. Uneducated whites are his biggest supporters. How will Trump win on "law and order" when all of this is happening under his watch?

by Anonymousreply 42July 25, 2020 5:40 PM

Trumpfraus and reactionary seniors are now more afraid of dying early from the COVID that Shitler is ignoring or worsening.

by Anonymousreply 43July 25, 2020 5:51 PM

No, R36, take your obtuse, patronizing *self* on another visit into the site. I wonder which of his smouldering frocks adorns the flaming J. Edgar Hoover this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 44July 25, 2020 5:55 PM

R42 I'm not aware of anyone who thinks Trump is organizing these riots.

by Anonymousreply 45July 25, 2020 5:56 PM

R44 Ok, fine, I can't help you educate yourself. Stay in the dark where it's safe and cozy.

by Anonymousreply 46July 25, 2020 5:57 PM

Trust Fund Victims of the World Unit!

by Anonymousreply 47July 25, 2020 5:59 PM

Well, today is Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 48July 25, 2020 6:11 PM

[quote]These dumb young uneducated morons are playing right into Trump's playbook... and he will win the election on law & order

The protesters are neither dumb, nor young, nor uneducated, nor morons. And the stories thus far have been working against Trump, not in his favor: a protester with his skull fractured by a munition fired right at him; a Navy veteran beaten up even though he had done absolutely nothing wrong; people pulled off the streets and arrested by unnamed thugs in camo in unmarked cars; lines of "moms", "dads", and "veterans", the protests dying down until Trump sent DHS thugs to inflame them again.

The OP has been concern-trolling on multiple threads, mostly with the same kind of stupid shit he's been posting in this thread, none of which is backed up by anything resembling logic, reason, or actual data.

by Anonymousreply 49July 25, 2020 6:24 PM

Nothing's going on in my city and CNN hasn't made a peep about it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 50July 25, 2020 6:27 PM

What's your city, R50?

by Anonymousreply 51July 25, 2020 6:29 PM

That's because the OP is full of shit, as usual. He's all over one of the school threads, with shit like:

[quote]Apologies, you're all n-a-r-c-i-s-s-i-s-t-i-c pigs flopping around snorting with joy in other people's suffering. Oops!

And the political threads, with shit like:

[quote]The odds are heavily, heavily, in Trump's favor for re-election. Most metrics by which an election can be predicted- incumbancy, wars, the economy, voting blocs, moderate leanings, etc. favor Trump.

[quote]If the polls are predicting a blowout for Biden, something is wrong with the polls.

He's a hilariously inept troll who has no idea what he's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 52July 25, 2020 6:30 PM

You still have it ringing in your ears, hmm?

I am right on all counts.

by Anonymousreply 53July 25, 2020 6:32 PM

Nah, I just put you on ignore to check, R53, and confirmed that you are indeed the troll that I thought you were.

And, of course, you are completely wrong on all counts, which is why you never can defend the silliness you post.

by Anonymousreply 54July 25, 2020 6:34 PM

Just one example, among oh so many:

[quote]As has been pointed out over and over again, it is very rare for children to contract Covid-19. As in, there have only been a couple hundred worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 55July 25, 2020 6:36 PM

If they weren't doing what they are doing Trump would have thought he could do this everywhere and get away with it and would have troops all over the country by now. thank them.

by Anonymousreply 56July 25, 2020 6:39 PM

r52, thanks for calling out the troll

by Anonymousreply 57July 25, 2020 7:29 PM

OP's prediction of "unemployed burnouts rioting" just hasn't happened.

The protesters in Portland have remained peaceful while Trump's anonymous thugs keep gassing them.

How does this look good for the Trump Nazis again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 25, 2020 8:41 PM

CIVIL UNREST FAIL

Nice try, Boris. This is what lost right-wingers the civil rights movement and India.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 25, 2020 9:40 PM

Because "law and order," r58. It's a mantra for many of Trump and his supporters now, since he doesn't have anything else to run on. So they repeat it over and over again, as though through repetition, they can make it happen.

Our troll, if he were around now, would almost certainly tell you that you're rejoicing too soon, that the *real* protests will happen late tonight. Or tomorrow. Or next week. Or sometime soon. But mark his words, they will happen and that will reelect Trump.

And he knows, of course, just as he knows that the economy "heavily, heavily" favors Trump.

by Anonymousreply 60July 26, 2020 1:15 AM

*sigh* Oh, dear.

"for Trump and many of his supporters."

by Anonymousreply 61July 26, 2020 1:15 AM

I remember 1968 and the backlash vote (or was it 1972) -- well, both probably. People felt Nixon would "keep them safe" or some such shit.

So I'm getting concerned but I'd sell my soul to get Drumpf out of the WH.

by Anonymousreply 62July 26, 2020 1:19 AM

Oh, for pete's sake. There is a wall of veterans fronting a wall of moms and dads. The last time I looked, they had figured out that using leaf blowers dissipated the tear gas. It is the suburbs vs the storm troopers. I'm team suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 63July 26, 2020 1:23 AM

A lot of Trump supporters and concern trolls have made the comparison to Nixon, r62, but, so far, it just isn't working. A substantial majority support the protests and, for the most part, the protests have not been all that violent. And were clearly winding down all over the country.

And Trump is still Trump, which means that it's all about complete dominance, which means that it's also about massive overreach. We saw that in the church photo op in D.C., which worked against Trump. The escalation in Portland is also on Trump and that's the way most of the stories I've read have played it: that the protests were winding down until Trump sent in untrained and unprepared DHS personnel and escalated them.

Most important, Nixon was running as a "law and order" candidate from the outside, not from a position of incumbency. He was blaming Democrats for losing control, insisting that he would fix it when he was President. Trump is the incumbent, which means that he's responsible. He's running against conditions that he himself created.

by Anonymousreply 64July 26, 2020 1:27 AM

Apparently, the DHS guys went out and bought leaf blowers, too, R63, so it's going to be a war of leaf blowers, which is just fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 65July 26, 2020 1:28 AM

Thanks for talking me off the ledge R64. I've got PTSD from 2016.

by Anonymousreply 66July 26, 2020 1:33 AM

Regrettably, it's still not a slam dunk, r66, but Trump is in a horrible position, which he knows, since he basically fired Parscale. The number of people who strongly disapprove of him and who think he should not be reelected is higher than we've seen for any incumbent in the past 50 years. Biden is easily winning in the overall polls and, crucially, in the swing state polls, as well.

Is Biden guaranteed to win? Of course not. A lot can happen in the next few months, including events that neither candidate has any control over. But, right now, Biden is favored to win and Trump is flailing.

Hell, this whole "law and order" shit is further evidence that Trump is in trouble. If he weren't, he wouldn't be doing this. He's out of ideas, though, and he's taking a horrible beating on his handling of the pandemic and also for his handling of the protests.

He can't run on the economy, since it's in the toilet and getting worse; immigration just isn't in the news right now and there is no "invading caravan" (although I wouldn't be surprised to see them try that again); he can't run on foreign policy, since his policies have been a disaster; he can't run on competence, since he isn't, as we've seen repeatedly this year. So what's left? He's getting desperate.

by Anonymousreply 67July 26, 2020 1:42 AM

Nixon was an asshole, but he wasn't a dumb asshole. Trump is just a laughable idiot.

by Anonymousreply 68July 26, 2020 1:43 AM

Still waiting on this “bad day” of yours.

by Anonymousreply 69July 26, 2020 1:49 AM

Saturday is going to be a bad day for Regis Philbin.

by Anonymousreply 70July 26, 2020 1:57 AM

Can't the protestors hire a helicopter to hover overhead and blow away the tear gas?

by Anonymousreply 71July 26, 2020 1:59 AM

Good, R65. I hope when Trump sees his guys fighting with leaf blowers he has a fucking stroke.

by Anonymousreply 72July 26, 2020 3:14 AM

I'm gasping reading all of these retarded and deluded posts.

See, this is why you cunts need me around.

For the last time, R52, quit chasing me around DL to rehash a thread that is still active. Telling people truths they're afraid to hear is not trolling, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 73July 26, 2020 3:35 AM

A trumpster is calling others retarded and delusional?

by Anonymousreply 74July 26, 2020 3:36 AM

R69 Let's check in with the Seattle Police Department, shall we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 26, 2020 3:37 AM

Are they ok in Portland?

by Anonymousreply 76July 26, 2020 3:41 AM

Whining about protesters but heavily armed militia freaks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 26, 2020 3:44 AM

I know this about police brutality, but I feels at the root, it’s about Trump. People are scared of what’s happening.

by Anonymousreply 78July 26, 2020 3:47 AM

R78 This is some type of political effort on the part of the far left. This could not be more blatantly about Trump.

One thing I do know, is this has not only moved on from being about Black Lives Matter- it became actively harmful to black people very quickly. Hasn't made them pause or rethink what they're doing one bit. Black people don't support them, and black people keep getting attacked and murdered by these people....

by Anonymousreply 79July 26, 2020 4:03 AM

r79, stop lying. It's the cops who are murdering black people.

by Anonymousreply 80July 26, 2020 4:07 AM

Federal agents are doing more harm than good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 26, 2020 4:08 AM

R74 Living in the real world and understanding that I can think critically about information without being spooonfed by Rachel Maddow does not make me a Trump voter.

Living in fear of thinking bad thoughts or being tricked by the devil into being an evil Republican- that's the type of pathetic behavior you see from Pentacostal women who live in trailers in West Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 82July 26, 2020 4:09 AM

"Living in the real world and understanding that I can think critically about information without being spooonfed by Rachel Maddow does not make me a Trump voter."

But being spoonfed by QAnon, Newsmax, and Fox News is okay?

"Living in fear of thinking bad thoughts or being tricked by the devil into being an evil Republican- that's the type of pathetic behavior you see from Pentacostal women who live in trailers in West Virginia."

Most Pentacostal people who live in trailers in West Virginia are Republicans

by Anonymousreply 83July 26, 2020 4:15 AM

R80 Two black people were murdered by activists in the CHAZ- one of whom was shot point-blank in the head after being pulled out a car by the white CHAZ security chief (allegedly, the incident was filmed from a distance.) Three other black men were shot but survived.

A black guy was stabbed by a white man dressed in black bloc at the Portland riot last night.

by Anonymousreply 84July 26, 2020 4:18 AM

R83 It's an analogy. You act like them. You are as pathetic and weak-minded as they are.

by Anonymousreply 85July 26, 2020 4:20 AM

"Two black people were murdered by activists in the CHAZ- one of whom was shot point-blank in the head after being pulled out a car by the white CHAZ security chief (allegedly, the incident was filmed from a distance.) Three other black men were shot but survived."

Thousands of black people have been murdered by cops. You're not going to win this one.

by Anonymousreply 86July 26, 2020 4:29 AM

Some one killed a protester in Austin, Tx.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 26, 2020 4:33 AM

[quote] Thousands of black people have been murdered by cops.

"Murdered"? Link?

by Anonymousreply 88July 26, 2020 4:33 AM

Thousands? THOUSANDS? How many of those people were actively shooting at the cops or at other people? Isn't the stat nine unarmed black men for last year?

Also, the number of black men murdered and physically attacked should be zero across the board.

by Anonymousreply 89July 26, 2020 4:33 AM

R87 Hmm, they're saying it's a homicide. Someone wanted to take advantage of the big anonymous crowd.

by Anonymousreply 90July 26, 2020 4:36 AM

According to chatter, they were blocking a street. Then started to hit a stopped car, and the driver shot 4 times.

by Anonymousreply 91July 26, 2020 4:41 AM

r88, you need a link to the many, many instances of police brutality? Um....George Floyd? Tamir Rice?

Or how about black men killed by right-wing, authoritarian guys who THINK they're cops, like the turds who shot Ahmaud Arbery?

by Anonymousreply 92July 26, 2020 5:19 AM

Club Med Sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 26, 2020 5:20 AM

Twitter says the guy who got killed in Austin was carrying an AR-15 and approached the driver of the car while it was being surrounded by protestors.

by Anonymousreply 94July 26, 2020 5:26 AM

These people are spreading corona

by Anonymousreply 95July 26, 2020 5:30 AM

R95 sure are.

by Anonymousreply 96July 26, 2020 11:07 AM

Aurora, CO- protestors surround a Jeep and someone in the crowd shoots at the Jeep, injuring another protestor.

They also broke into the Courthouse, breaking windows, and started a fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 26, 2020 11:41 AM

People piss and whine about Andy Ngo, but this is original video that he didn't stage. Close up view of the laser weapons being used in Portland to blind federal agents:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 26, 2020 11:56 AM

They're called Dazzlers, they're intended to cause temporary blindness and are designed to be used by police in tactical situations like SWAT raids.

The military had a more powerful version which was capable of causing immediate permanent blindness, but use of blinding lasers in combat was banned by the 1995 U.N. Protocol on Blinding Weapons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 26, 2020 12:03 PM

R58 The deputy secretary of the DHS retweeted that video 😬

by Anonymousreply 100July 26, 2020 12:09 PM

I see the Asshole of Death is back spreading her lies again.

by Anonymousreply 101July 26, 2020 12:21 PM

Where are the lies? Please be specific about what information is incorrect.

Portland rioters using power tools to cut apart metal fencing surrounding the Portland Federal Courthouse, video is also unavailable anywhere else:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102July 26, 2020 12:24 PM

Like usual, your predictions were bullshit

by Anonymousreply 103July 26, 2020 12:33 PM

She’s just a fear monger. Trying to cause as much damage to America as possible.

She is a traitor. Just ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 104July 26, 2020 12:35 PM

After the fence came down, rioters charged the Courthouse and federal agents uses tear gas and rubber bullets to push the crowd back. The crowd threw fireworks and shined Dazzlers at them as it retreated. Several rioters were arrested at the Courthouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 26, 2020 12:38 PM

[quote] R88, you need a link to the many, many instances of police brutality?

No, I asked for a link to the "thousands" that were "murdered" by police, as you claimed, R86. But nice try at deflection.

by Anonymousreply 106July 26, 2020 12:45 PM

A federal judge in Seattle granted a two week restraining order against the ban on use of crowd control devices yesterday, in response to Chief Best's letter at R29.

by Anonymousreply 107July 26, 2020 12:58 PM

Someone appears to have set off a pipe bomb outside the East Precinct last night (my opinion, not theirs,)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 26, 2020 1:01 PM

Anyone inclined to listen to this cunt, just put her on ignore and read the swill she wrote on the “Schools Must Open” thread.

She’s an evil minion just trying to promote as much death and economic suffering as she can. Anything she writes is to this end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 26, 2020 1:13 PM

R109 I have a conscience, unlike the braindead suburban moms and their gay enablers on that thread, working each other into some sort of group psychosis.

by Anonymousreply 110July 26, 2020 2:02 PM

[quote] Someone appears to have set off a pipe bomb outside the East Precinct last night

Peaceful protests.

by Anonymousreply 111July 26, 2020 2:05 PM

You are trying to get as many Americans killed as possible, and to do as much damage to the economy as possible

You are a traitor to this country and should be taken out and shot

by Anonymousreply 112July 26, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote] [R109] I have a conscience, unlike the braindead suburban moms and their gay enablers on that thread, working each other into some sort of group psychosis.

Even dump has given up on “schools must open”, but this evil cunt is too stupid to admit she was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 113July 26, 2020 2:12 PM

Antifa goons are out of control

by Anonymousreply 114July 26, 2020 3:08 PM

Antifa goons are out of control

by Anonymousreply 115July 26, 2020 3:08 PM

Trump reopening schools troll, please fuck off. Go rant and ramble on that thread. We're talking the Saturday protests/riots here.

by Anonymousreply 116July 26, 2020 3:43 PM

r114/r115 = Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 117July 26, 2020 4:22 PM

Oh, look, the Trump administration is already trying to blame "Antifa"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 26, 2020 4:36 PM

Where did all these useless humanities majors learn hardcore life skills like making incendiary projectiles, using edge grinders, using leaf blowers, and battle lines? Did they ask Siri?

by Anonymousreply 119July 26, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]I have a conscience

The evidence to date strongly suggests otherwise. The evidence also suggests that you're a sociopath, in more ways than one. And, unlike you, we have the actual data to back up our assertions.

by Anonymousreply 120July 26, 2020 4:45 PM

"Where did all these useless humanities majors learn hardcore life skills like making incendiary projectiles, using edge grinders, using leaf blowers, and battle lines?"

As opposed to useless Trump University grads who think homosexuality can be cured through prayer and believe the coronavirus is a Democrat hoax

by Anonymousreply 121July 26, 2020 5:17 PM

🚫 Blocked 🚫

Enough from you.

by Anonymousreply 122July 26, 2020 5:19 PM

I'm totally fed up with the Portland protestors, who are basically a bunch of useless white kids protesting the fact that the cops won't let them shut down the city and run everything.

There's a reason that every society in the history of the world has used its angry young men as canon fodder and not decision-makers, they won't understand shit but will fight to the death over any damn fool thing. Societies are better off when the angry young men aren't the ones deciding what they fight over.

by Anonymousreply 123July 26, 2020 5:59 PM

r123, I prefer the Portland protesters to young Republicans who hate gays AND black people and voted for Trump

by Anonymousreply 124July 26, 2020 6:07 PM

I’m completely in favour of protesting. Not just because black people are killed by police for no reason but because the rich have destroyed society and need to be stopped before things get any worse. Anyone who is not wealthy should be angry right now and want to overthrow the government.

by Anonymousreply 125July 26, 2020 6:11 PM

Austin Shooting: Garrett Foster, the man who was killed, was interviewed by an amateur journalist earlier in the evening. He identified his weapon as an AK-47, not an AR-15 as it was mis-identified pn social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 26, 2020 6:25 PM

God that interview is sad. What is wrong with our country?

by Anonymousreply 127July 26, 2020 6:27 PM

Even more sad than that interview is that he fired his gun first.

by Anonymousreply 128July 26, 2020 6:32 PM

Full video of the incident:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129July 26, 2020 6:34 PM

R128 How do you know that? Link?

by Anonymousreply 130July 26, 2020 6:35 PM

I think this would have been more of a powerful statement if it said "Justice for George." LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 26, 2020 6:36 PM

R131 I can't believe they put this shit online and brag about it.

by Anonymousreply 132July 26, 2020 6:38 PM

If the destruction doesn't stop, Trump will win the election. Destroying cities is never the answer. People of all colors want safer streets. Once again the liberal left is fucking it up for the more moderate dems. And making it easier for the Trump machine to pull back those that started to pull away. Protest ALL you want but destruction and looting completely negates everything you are trying to accomplish. Dumbasses.

by Anonymousreply 133July 26, 2020 6:40 PM

R132 Of course they'd brag about it. Who wouldn't? Fuck the pigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 26, 2020 6:40 PM

NYPD Chief In Leaked Video: Cops Shouldn’t Worry About Chokehold Ban

A week after New York’s mayor Bill DeBlasio signed a bill banning chokeholds, the New York Police Department’s highest ranking uniformed officer, Chief of Department Terrance Monahan, said officers shouldn’t be afraid of accidentally breaking the new law because they wouldn’t be prosecuted.

So much for the "reforms" that "moderates" support. This is why I don't care what they think.

by Anonymousreply 135July 26, 2020 6:43 PM

r133, Trump's poll numbers are in the toilet. All this is happening under his watch.

by Anonymousreply 136July 26, 2020 7:28 PM

The ICE field office in Atlanta was attacked overnight, it had its windows broken out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 26, 2020 7:45 PM

Two dueling militias face each other at a protest in Louisville, KY. No one was injured.

A member of the all black "Not Fucking Around Coalition" accidentally fired his rifle at a separate event, injuring three people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 26, 2020 7:51 PM

Rioters in Oakland, CA set the Alameda County Courthouse on fire.

What is the intense attraction of courthouses? Why the itch to burn them down?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 26, 2020 8:08 PM

R136 Read some social media activity from suburban white women. At first they were all for BLM but there has been a shift. They know good cops. They don't like to see violence. They deplore looting. Trump and his ilk are preying on that and will add in a healthy dose of fear to try to scare the bejeezus out of them with all of this defund the police nonsense. Their white husbands are silent publicly but plan to vote Republican no matter what. Now their wives will be scared into the doing the same when that voting curtain closes. Please don't be so naive to think any white or asian folks will ever vote for lawlessness.

by Anonymousreply 140July 26, 2020 8:09 PM

17 year old girl shot and killed at a "street takeover" event in L.A. last night. I've counted 7 people shot and two dead at protest events last night so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141July 26, 2020 8:24 PM

R141 Also being reported as a street race.

by Anonymousreply 142July 26, 2020 8:28 PM

"The protesters are neither dumb, nor young, nor uneducated, nor morons. "

Seems to me they are. Most of the ones I've seen are young. It's hard to believe "educated" people would behave the way way do. I don't think educated people would "protest" by smashing and looting small businesses and writing "FUCK 12" on everything and throwing urine, bleach, paint, bricks and asphalt at police officers. And attempting to blind law enforcement officers by shooting lasers into their eyes. All of that is indeed moronic behavior.

by Anonymousreply 143July 26, 2020 8:29 PM

There are five shots fired in the video of the Austin shooting, but articles keep saying the driver fired four times, meaning Foster must have fired once.

by Anonymousreply 144July 26, 2020 8:36 PM

[quote] I've counted 7 people shot and two dead at protest events last night so far

B-but the protests are all peaceful... everyone on Datalounge said so.

by Anonymousreply 145July 26, 2020 9:03 PM

r143, it's hard to believe educated people would support Trump. Dumbass rednecks are his only remaining supporters

by Anonymousreply 146July 26, 2020 9:50 PM

r145, remember when you freepers blamed the protesters for that cop getting shot....but it turned out to ne the Boogaloo Boys who shot him?

by Anonymousreply 147July 26, 2020 9:51 PM

[BOLD][ITALIC] THIS IS A FUCKING TROLL THREAD STARTED BY A TROLL AND ALL YOU NAIVE HOMOSEXUALS ARE FALLING FOR IT

by Anonymousreply 148July 26, 2020 9:56 PM

R126 The link is broken, you're going to have to copy and paste this into your browser:

streamable.com/0ihiot

by Anonymousreply 149July 26, 2020 10:09 PM

"[R123], I prefer the Portland protesters to young Republicans who hate gays AND black people and voted for Trump "

Well so do I, R124, but that doesn't mean I think the protests in Portland are accomplishing anything worthwhile at this point.

No, it's definitely tipped over into doing more harm than good.

by Anonymousreply 150July 26, 2020 10:28 PM

r150 is the concern troll

by Anonymousreply 151July 26, 2020 11:18 PM

A well sourced summary of the Austin shooting from the Dallas Morning News. The Austin police have said that Foster did not open fire during the incident but another protestor did.

I'd just like to say, this might be the first factually accurate story about a violent incident at a protest that I've seen from a national (ish) newspaper, so congratulations to the News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 27, 2020 3:11 AM

We've rolled on from Saturday shootings and arson into Sunday/Monday rioting, or whatever the fuck this has turned into, so this thread has expired.

To leave it off, someone was shot in the protest zone in Portland about an hour ago, and rioters in Seattle have set up road blockades again- buckle up for a bumpy night (again.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 27, 2020 4:21 AM

Sorry, it was around 7:30 PST- I'm done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 27, 2020 4:23 AM

"A well sourced summary of the Austin shooting from the Dallas Morning News. The Austin police have said that Foster did not open fire during the incident but another protestor did"

Looks like r144 lied!

by Anonymousreply 155July 27, 2020 4:26 AM

I'd like to thank everyone around the country who participated in this weekend's demonstrations and riots.

by Anonymousreply 156July 27, 2020 5:30 AM

When will this end?

by Anonymousreply 157July 27, 2020 6:22 PM

When Trump declares victory and sends the DHS and DOJ personnel home or when protesters get tired of being out there every single night.

Most likely, both, in a few weeks. Right now, though, Trump is escalating, which means that the protests will escalate, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 27, 2020 6:36 PM

"The protesters are neither dumb, nor young, nor uneducated, nor morons."

[quote]Seems to me they are.

Well, that's because you're a moron, or have an agenda, or both.

[quote]I don't think educated people would "protest" by smashing and looting small businesses and writing "FUCK 12" on everything and throwing urine, bleach, paint, bricks and asphalt at police officers.

Ah, it's both.

by Anonymousreply 159July 27, 2020 6:37 PM

Could someone cut to the chase and just tell me--was Saturday a bad day?

by Anonymousreply 160July 27, 2020 6:38 PM

R160, no.

by Anonymousreply 161July 27, 2020 6:39 PM

53 posts from the OP. Someone is *really* invested in this narrative they are trying to establish.

I did love the post at R122, though.

[quote]🚫 Blocked 🚫 Enough from you.

So a drama queen as well as a troll.

by Anonymousreply 162July 27, 2020 6:41 PM

Thank you, R161.

by Anonymousreply 163July 27, 2020 7:32 PM

The number of murders motivated by right-wing causes exceeds the number of murders motivated by left-wing causes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 27, 2020 8:10 PM

is it still Saturday?

by Anonymousreply 165July 27, 2020 8:11 PM

Because someone on twitter says so, R164?

by Anonymousreply 166July 27, 2020 10:01 PM

R166, did you even read the post? It's actual stats.

What are Republicans doing on a gay board? Go back to masturbating to your Mike Pence pictures

by Anonymousreply 167July 27, 2020 10:56 PM

Not a single "actual stat" was in that twitter, R167.

What are dingbats doing on a gay board? Go back to masturbating to your Putin pictures

by Anonymousreply 168July 28, 2020 12:07 AM

R168, the stats she provided were from an organization that studies domestic terrorism. You are dumb. I don't get the Putin comment, since Trumpsters like you are the ones who love him.

by Anonymousreply 169July 28, 2020 12:20 AM

Oh-so-brave federal agents kneeling on a woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 28, 2020 12:21 AM

"Well, that's because you're a moron, or have an agenda, or both."

Honey, you're the moronic cunt if you think assholes who commit arson and steal and destroy the property of others and spray paint "the only good cop is a dead cop (I saw that one today)" are heroic "protesters." You are a moronic fucktard, that is for sure.

by Anonymousreply 171July 28, 2020 12:39 AM

r171, 99% of the protesters are not violent. And a lot of the violence is committed by people who aren't protesters (ask the Boogaloo boys about that)

Only a moronic fucktard would post Trumpster shit on a gay board

by Anonymousreply 172July 28, 2020 12:45 AM

Trump's Stormtroopers shot a National Geographic videographer in the face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 28, 2020 1:24 AM

"Only a moronic fucktard would post Trumpster shit on a gay board."

I'm a Democrat. I didn't vote for Trump. Go fuck yourself, you pitiful twat.

by Anonymousreply 174July 28, 2020 1:34 AM

Yeah, you're a "Democrat" - that's why you're posting Trumpster propaganda

by Anonymousreply 175July 28, 2020 2:31 AM

Fuck off and shit shit, R175. It's only "Trumpster propaganda" to you, because you're an idiot who kisses the asses of all those innocent "protesters." It's a fairytale that ALL the arsonists and thieves who like to throw shit at cops and firefighters are ALL Boogaloos and Antifa. Anybody with a brain knows that. You're an pathetic dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 176July 28, 2020 2:48 AM

R176, just keep spewing those right-wing lies while claiming to be a Trumpster. No one believes you.

by Anonymousreply 177July 28, 2020 2:50 AM

Was it a bad day, Op?

by Anonymousreply 178July 28, 2020 2:51 AM

[quote]Honey, you're the moronic cunt if you think assholes who commit arson ... blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada

Honey, you're the moron with the agenda who is pretending that everyone protesting is an "asshole who commits arson and steals and destroys the property of others," etc., etc., which basically shows that you have no idea what you're talking about and that you have an agenda.

Not that there was any doubt, given the quality and nature of your posts. Tell me, does randomly making up shit work on the other forums you frequent? Because it tends to not go over so well here. We know bullshit when we see it.

by Anonymousreply 179July 28, 2020 7:49 PM

. "We know bullshit when we see it."

"We?" You don't speak for the masses, honey pie. If anybody has an "agenda" it's you, You are unhinged. I hope you get the help you need, you poor, poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 180July 28, 2020 8:57 PM

Shocker! A lot of the "protesters" are white Supremacists who are trying to make the protesters look bad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 28, 2020 10:12 PM

But since the protests are all "peaceful", R113, are you're saying that that white Supremacists are making the protesters look good?

by Anonymousreply 182July 28, 2020 11:36 PM

[quote]"We?" You don't speak for the masses, honey pie. If anybody has an "agenda" it's you, You are unhinged. I hope you get the help you need, you poor, poor thing.

LOL... Oh, the irony....

by Anonymousreply 183July 29, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote] A lot of the "protesters" are white Supremacists who are trying to make the protesters look bad

I don't doubt there are some here and there but the notion that there are a "lot" of them is just silly. And baseless. This guy seemed obvious from the get-go.

The reality is that there is too much needless violence from the protestors. If they would just leave the fucking courthouse alone in Portland there'd be no need or justification for that many federal agents there and the normal security level by either US Marshals or hired security guards like at many courthouses would suffice. I mean what the fuck do they want to do with that courthouse? Who supports firebombing or ransacking a federal courthouse? Anyone got an answer?

by Anonymousreply 184July 29, 2020 1:27 AM

R184, that is precisely the situation that existed in Portland prior to the Trump escalation. There was no need or justification for that many, or even any, federal agents there and the normal security level was sufficient. Trump deliberately escalated the conflict.

The conflict escalated when a protester got a fractured skull from a munition shot right at him.

The conflict escalated when a Navy veteran was beaten, when all he wanted to do was talk.

The conflict escalated when unidentified security personnel dragged innocent people off the street into unmarked vans.

This is on Trump, not on the Portland protesters.

by Anonymousreply 185July 29, 2020 1:30 AM

R184, the federal agents are the violent ones. There was never any need for federal agents in Portland

by Anonymousreply 186July 29, 2020 1:35 AM

By the way, Trump has given up in Seattle. The federal agents sent there have departed.

(DL apparently won't let me link to the Seattle Times.)

by Anonymousreply 187July 29, 2020 1:42 AM

"The federal agents are the violent ones.."

HAHAHA! Yeah, those "protesters" are perfect little angels! What idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 188July 29, 2020 1:46 AM

"LOL... Oh, the irony...."

LOL..you're still unhinged. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 189July 29, 2020 1:47 AM

Still on that shtick, are you, R188? See, R185, which you have no answer for, mostly because you're a moron.

Thank you for confirming that in R189.

by Anonymousreply 190July 29, 2020 1:47 AM

Honey-bunch, I know that the Internet is new to you but LOL stands for "laughing out loud," meaning that your remarks are hilarious in their childish, kindergarten-level, "I know you are but what am I" way.

Do try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 191July 29, 2020 1:48 AM

R190, the only thing confirmed is that you're crazy and mentally defective.

by Anonymousreply 192July 29, 2020 1:51 AM

"Do try to keep up."

Sweetie, I know what LOL means. I see your comments and want to LOL LOL LOL until my fingers get stiff, but I have managed to restrain myself. It's not nice to laugh at retarded people.

by Anonymousreply 193July 29, 2020 1:54 AM

r188 thinks Trump's stormtroopers are perfect angels

by Anonymousreply 194July 29, 2020 2:00 AM

The protestors are the ones who need to realize they're doing more harm than good.

They're just in it for a chance to yell and feel self-righteous and ignore everyday realities, like most young revolutionaries in the history of the world. If they were in it to be useful to humanity, they'd set some realistic goals and concentrate on those, but no. They've set impossible goals and yell and throw things when they don't get them.

by Anonymousreply 195July 29, 2020 3:52 AM

"The protestors are the ones who need to realize they're doing more harm than good."

Trump's stormtroopers are the ones doing more harm than good.

"They're just in it for a chance to yell and feel self-righteous and ignore everyday realities, like most young revolutionaries in the history of the world."

You're just attacking them because you're a sad, old Republican looking for someone to feel superior. And do you think the women in the "wall of moms" were all "young revolutionaries" too?

by Anonymousreply 196July 29, 2020 3:59 AM

There has been violence and looting that has greatly diminished the great cause of BLM. We've all seen the hordes of people stealing from their own neighborhood stores. I will always admire the candor and honesty of the the Mayor of Atlanta on one of the first nights of unrest. She repeated "Put the brown liquor down and GO HOME. Just GO HOME". There are better ways to get your cause to be taken seriously than to steal liquor and Nikes.

by Anonymousreply 197July 31, 2020 6:06 PM

And yet the majority of those polled think that Trump is fucking up the response to the protests and still support Black Lives Matter.

by Anonymousreply 198July 31, 2020 8:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!