Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Holmes trial (Theranos scam) is now pushed into 2021.

She'll walk away free and clear, her board members (Schultz, Kissinger, Mattis, Nunn, etc) won't have to testify or account for their $100,000+ annual payouts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 14, 2021 12:42 AM

She’s white, she’s rich, she’s connected to the US govt & the US military. She’s not some skiv like us. This is the new normal. Rich white people get arrested but they will walk or pay a fine or get pardoned. That’s it. It’s been going on for years & nobody did anything about it.

In the 70s, white men in suits would’ve been picketing courthouses where people like her were being indicted, demanding the maximum sentence for Big Business execs.

It’s not the 70s anymore. Post WW2 prosperity is gone. The capitalist hogs are fully back in charge, stealing & hiding their loot offshore, living large & proudly.

It’s not like a terrorist group could sneak up on their houses one night & do a Manson family on them. They have locked gates with private security Guards carrying automatic weapons & grenades. They have cameras, they have face recognition technology, there are floodlights, there are overhead drones, there are private armies, there are forensics, there are companies that will make deep fake videos to pin it on someone who didn’t do it (if perhaps a crime like that could ever be carried out) just like there was Cambridge Analytica who stole an election. The courts are packed with right wingers.

This isn’t the Russian Revolution. It’s not a bunch of Cossacks with WW1 rifles.

They can find anybody nowadays. They can watch satellite footage & traffic camera footage from before, during & after the crime to trace vehicles.

We laughed at militias but we’re not laughing now. Oregon is full of rightwing militias and they will rise up & join those rightwing border guards & prison guards who’ve been brought up to hate dark skinned people & white democrats from the minute they were born.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2020 12:06 AM

There's really nothing in the article you linked to suggest that she will walk, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2020 12:21 AM

The longer her case is put off, the more people forget about her. She’s old news. There’s a possibility that Americans are so dumb that any jury who is picked for her case will think she’s been convicted already & they’re just on a jury for some extra charge the DA tacked on. “Oh yeah, I remember. She was from a few years ago. She was guilty of a crime. I remember seeing her going into court on the news. She’s already being punished.”

The media jumps from one thing to another. Russian bounties, virus, protests, Trump’s latest tweet, AOC is a “lying bitch,” Kanye for president, superhero/supervillain movies, newest video game, latest Oreo flavor, North Korea, shutdown, reopening. The average American is poorly educated with the attention span of a gnat.

The longer her case is postponed, the less the public cares about her crimes & think she was already convicted.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2020 1:18 AM

Mark my words. She will probably do everything she can to get pregnant (even IVF if necessary ) before the trial starts. She'll make sure to cut a tragic figure cupping her bump for the cameras. Americans don't put rich blonde white mommies in jail. Poor white and minority mothers, yes. But not the ones from Holmes class. I would be shocked if she did more than 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2020 1:48 AM

There were many big time investors who lost money to her scam, and I don't think they will forget.

?Documents unsealed in a lawsuit brought against Theranos reveal a number of the high profile investors who had a stake in the nearly worthless start-up: The Waltons, founders of Walmart, with $150 million; Rupert Murdoch, with $125 million; and the DeVos family, including Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, with $100 "...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2020 1:59 AM

[quote] There’s a possibility that Americans are so dumb that any jury who is picked for her case will think she’s been convicted already & they’re just on a jury for some extra charge the DA tacked on.

Right, because the judge and attorneys don't tell the jury what the defendant is charged with or anything.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2020 2:50 AM

Murdoch? DeVos? Maybe we should give her a medal instead.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2020 3:04 AM

[quote] Right, because the judge and attorneys don't tell the jury what the defendant is charged with or anything.

You think they’re going to understand it? Ha! You can’t even get people to wear a mask to protect their own lives or the lives of their families. They can’t understand they can transmit disease to their parents or grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2020 5:21 AM

Miss Crazy Eyes

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2020 5:24 AM

R5. Ah, such a pity that such saints as the Waltons, Murdoch, and Betsy DeVos lost over a hundred million dollars each.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2020 5:32 AM

[quote] You think they’re going to understand it?

Dipshit, the entire trial is about presenting and explaining the charges and the evidence that demonstrates whether or not the defendant is guilty of the charges. Yes, some jurors will understand it all better than others but none of them will sit through the trial thinking “huh, I think she was already convicted and we’re just dealing with some random tacked-on charge.”

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2020 5:38 AM

Any relation to John and HH?

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2020 6:43 AM

The wall decals with inspirational quotes decorating the walls of Theranos should have been the first definite sign she is a fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2020 6:47 AM

The real hero of the Theranos scam story is George Schultz' grandson who blew the whistle on Elizabeth Holmes and his granddad cut him out of his life. The kid saved countless lives by exposing the fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2020 6:56 AM

Maybe she'll pass herself away.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2020 7:29 AM

R15 ...if she relies on her own bogus test and then later finds out that she's terminal and it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2020 8:16 AM

I don’t want to see Kate McKinnon in her TV adaptation. I think Jennifer Lawrence’s movie may be better, but she has trouble getting her vanity projects off the ground - there’s squat on her Anna Deveney project, a Spielberg war movie, East of Eden...

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2020 8:34 AM

R17 I'm so tired and I hope I am misunderstanding your post. Don't tell me that there's a remake of East of Eden in the works. Lord have mercy! NO! A million times NO!!!

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2020 8:38 AM

Jennifer Lawrence was trying to get it off the ground with Gary Ross and (I think) Ron Howard

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2020 8:59 AM

R19 The Theranos story or a East of Eden remake?

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2020 9:30 AM

There were many big time investors who lost money to her scam, and I don't think they will forget.

R5 Their investment was just a big tax write off. They don't care what happens now, in fact they probably hope it all just goes away so they aren't dragged into it.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2020 2:04 PM

If you still haven't heard the tale this podcast was a rather enjoyable listen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2020 2:23 PM

She’s not going to trial. She’ll delay & delay for years & then take a plea.

by Anonymousreply 23July 25, 2020 1:12 AM

How can you delay and delay for years?

What about her failed sugar daddy Sunny?

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2020 3:06 AM

I had the trial marked on my calendar for Aug 4 at 9am. Of course, it would be postponed.

This kind of case has reams of documents an, Covid or not, it naturally would haven been postponed. You can't deny motions to continue cases when there is good cause like the defense needs more time to prepare.

And, yes, I also think she will eventually take a plea.

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2020 4:47 AM

Yes, taking a plea is what a normal person would do, anyway. She seems so arrogant and weirdly convinced of her own bullshit that I wonder if she'll insist on going to trial because she assumes she can persuade a jury of her innocence the way she persuaded her investors she had a real product.

by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2020 3:12 PM

All of her big-time board members will be working hard to encourage her to plead out so they aren't dragged into this. They've got the muscle to carve out a sweet plea deal for her with the DA. I'm hoping R26 is correct and she will arrogantly choose to go to trial because that will force Kissinger, Schultz, Mattis and the rest of her elite board to relive their participation in this scam.

by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2020 3:34 PM

Pushed back again! To March 9, 2021

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2020 3:28 PM

They’re going to let her go because she’s been found to sterilize people from Rona with her eyes. Her hush-hush probation deal will require she be on hand to stare at the recently infected rich and powerful.

The treatment is occasionally fatal but everything in life has its risks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2020 3:42 PM

She will never see the inside of a jail.

[quote]She'll walk away free and clear, her board members (Schultz, Kissinger, Mattis, Nunn, etc) won't have to testify or account for their $100,000+ annual payouts.

All of those ex-politicos AND Standford fellowship members (Schultz, Kissinger, Mattis, Nunn) will never allow this to go to trial. It would be too embarrassing to them personally and to the school.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2020 3:50 PM

Sanpaku eyes.

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2020 4:11 PM

[quote]I don’t want to see Kate McKinnon in her TV adaptation. I think Jennifer Lawrence’s movie may be better, but she has trouble getting her vanity projects off the ground - there’s squat on her Anna Deveney project, a Spielberg war movie, East of Eden...

I think the Hulu mini-series with Kate McKinnon and the JLaw movie will probably both be shelved due to the financial issues related to covid-19.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2020 4:35 PM

She's now going to use the 'mental illness' defense. Everyone gets off free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 11, 2020 7:20 PM

R33, I think she'll probably say she was being bullied by her boyfriend at the time, Sunny Balwani. He worked at Theranos, too, and held some high position. IIRC, he was living with Holmes during her "reign." Apparently, Balwani was a bully to some of the employees.

Looks like she put on some weight.

[quote] All of those ex-politicos AND Standford fellowship members (Schultz, Kissinger, Mattis, Nunn) will never allow this to go to trial. It would be too embarrassing to them personally and to the school.

What? The case is already charged and set for trial. It's not up to Schultz, etc., to decide whether the case goes to trial. The case either goes to trial or Holmes accepts a plea offer. I guess it's possible that the case could be completely dismissed before trial, but, again, that's not up to Schultz, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 11, 2020 8:26 PM

Balwani was not at the company in the early years and even after he invested heavily in it and thus saving her, there was some time before he held a formal position in the company. I think it's the other way around and that Holmes controlled Balwani. That's her thing - controlling people and conning them. Her con days started when she was very young. Balwani didn't make her that way. If anyone helped her become what she was it was her parents for feeding her and enabling her fantasies to the extent they did.

This argument - if it is actually in anyway believable - would probably only work in mitigating her sentence rather than her actual guilt.

by Anonymousreply 35September 11, 2020 10:12 PM

Her father was an Enron exec. I think that says it all.

If she got pregnant before her trial the judge would see right through that. Someone as dangerously crazy as Elizabeth Holmes should not have kids.

George Schulz’s grandson is a hot nerd. Very good looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 36September 12, 2020 3:26 AM

R36 Tyler is a hottie! I heard he has a new book so we may be seeing more of him...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 12, 2020 1:53 PM

I have to think the prosecutors are chuckling at the spectacle of Holmes claiming to be so mentally ill with diminished capacity that she could no longer differentiate between right and wrong.

There is too much of a paper - and video - trail for Holmes to pull off the insanity defense.

by Anonymousreply 38September 13, 2020 1:06 AM

The funny thing about her absurd, forced fake voice is that it gives her a double chin even though she's skinny.

Try it yourself: make your voice deep and feel under your chin, you should feel a muscle pushing the chin fat forward.

I'm legitimately creeped out by her and Mark Zuckerberg. They're like aliens from outer space imitating humans.

by Anonymousreply 39September 14, 2020 6:26 AM

Quite the board of directors.

Riley Bechtel (chairman of the board and former CEO at Bechtel Group)

Bill Frist (former U.S. Senator and heart-transplant surgeon)

Henry Kissinger (former U.S. Secretary of State)

Richard Kovacevich (former Wells Fargo Chairman and CEO)

James Mattis (General, USMC)

Sam Nunn (former U.S. Senator)

William Perry (former U.S. Secretary of Defense)

Channing Robertson, chemical-engineering professor at Stanford

Gary Roughead (Admiral, USN, retired)

George P. Shultz (Former U.S. Secretary of State)

by Anonymousreply 40September 14, 2020 6:59 AM

So is she officially married to that young dude?

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2020 7:09 PM

This will never go to trial. She’ll plead out & then after 3 months in prison the plea will be dismissed on a technicality. She’s while. She’s rich. She’s blonde. She’s connected. Her investors want this to go away. In exchange for spending 90 days in jail she’ll agree never to write a book detailing what assholes her victims are.

by Anonymousreply 42September 15, 2020 8:03 PM

Her attorney is claiming the jury will be subject to 'class prejudice' if her lifestyle is brought into question during the upcoming trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 25, 2021 3:12 PM

Does she have "man hands" to go along with her manly voice?

by Anonymousreply 44May 25, 2021 4:17 PM

It's not at all uncommon for court dates and trials to postpone for months, even years. It's not because she's "rich" and getting away with everything. The court process is slow and tedious for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 45May 25, 2021 9:29 PM

R45 Not for high profile cases, i.e. George Floyd/Chauvin or Michael Cohen, Roger Stone. Nope, it's because she's rich and her trial is going to drag a lot of historically significant white guys into the fray -- Kissinger, Mattis, etc.

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2021 4:46 PM

She didn't have a cool deep voice. She didn't sound like Lauren Bacall or Scarlett Johansson. She sounded like a robot doing the impression of a mouth-breathing footballer.

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2021 4:50 PM

Her voice was so forced and phony, I don't understand how she wasn't called out on it.

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2021 5:03 PM

Rich white female privilege. She'll just keep having babies to push the trial date.

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2021 5:04 PM

Why yes a woman does live there if you could call her a woman. She is a whore, officer!

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2021 5:56 PM

Latest on Elizabeth's recent court appearance:

[quote]Last week at a virtual hearing, she pushed to keep a huge database of information protected from the government. Before that, she claimed to have made $100 million in revenue in 2014, when it was really $100,000. These things, among others, are hands-down inexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 51July 28, 2021 8:12 PM

I am just a normal girl and an innocent Entrepreneur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 28, 2021 8:19 PM

R52 Whew! Look at those Sanpaku eyes! That, plus her creepy fake low voice make me shiver. How did she round up that board of directors? Are old white men so desperate for female attention?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 28, 2021 8:33 PM

R53 Do you think pussy would have power in her position? I know that she dated some Pakistani guy called Sunny who invested in Theranos in its earliest stage, but her being able to get so many investors and some prominent ones like that AmWay witch, Kissinger down the line? She definitely had some voodoo.

by Anonymousreply 54July 28, 2021 8:40 PM

R54, not just an investor, he ran Theranos with her.

by Anonymousreply 55July 28, 2021 11:02 PM

R54 She definitely had some working pheromones to attract that crowd of power players.

by Anonymousreply 56July 28, 2021 11:24 PM

I hate those kind of blue eyes. They are freakishly big looking and vacant. Sort of like an low IQ person.

by Anonymousreply 57July 28, 2021 11:49 PM

She sold all those old men the modern day equivalent of "I can spin straw into gold", with nary a one asking for any proof other than her word.

That takes some steel nerve most do not possess.

by Anonymousreply 58July 29, 2021 12:35 AM

Now her attorney is questioning if jurors will be swayed by the reputations of some of the high profile witnesses. Also, because of Holmes' baby, breaks will be requested every 2 hours and all proceedings must end at 2:00pm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 17, 2021 2:43 PM

She's not going to face any punishment. This is America. Blonde, rich, and white don't have to worry about the law. Like that Grossman woman in LA who ran over those boys in her Mercedes: zero consequences.

by Anonymousreply 60August 17, 2021 2:46 PM

I heard she’s using some weird alias, and has gone full on flower power child, wearing deconstructed hippie garb, as opposed to her black turtleneck, stan tribute to Steve Jobs.

Also, her new BF is allegedly HOT & much younger.

Any truth to this?

I dislike this bitch intensely, because I promise you, she is not sorry, remorseful, and believes she did nothing wrong.

Sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 61August 17, 2021 4:32 PM

[Quote] —good god, the stupidity in here

R6 agreed. But it is dispiriting to see so many in here are broken in spirit and have no fight in them any more - presented as wisdom, experience, or healthy skepticism.

Maybe it is simply because they have little to look forward to anymore. Who knows, one day I may be one of them....

by Anonymousreply 62August 29, 2021 12:40 PM

[quote]I hate those kind of blue eyes. They are freakishly big looking and vacant. Sort of like an low IQ person.

R57 They are called Sanpaku Eyes and, yes, they are creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 29, 2021 4:33 PM

Looks like the trial is starting this week. Can't wait to hear the testimony from her 'board members'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 30, 2021 8:09 PM

John Carreyrou has a new podcast covering the trial.

by Anonymousreply 65August 31, 2021 2:56 AM

R65 Thanks, can't wait to listen.

by Anonymousreply 66August 31, 2021 2:11 PM

Is Holmes autistic?

by Anonymousreply 67October 14, 2021 12:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!