Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Holmes trial (Theranos scam) is now pushed into 2021.

She'll walk away free and clear, her board members (Schultz, Kissinger, Mattis, Nunn, etc) won't have to testify or account for their $100,000+ annual payouts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4209/15/2020

She’s white, she’s rich, she’s connected to the US govt & the US military. She’s not some skiv like us. This is the new normal. Rich white people get arrested but they will walk or pay a fine or get pardoned. That’s it. It’s been going on for years & nobody did anything about it.

In the 70s, white men in suits would’ve been picketing courthouses where people like her were being indicted, demanding the maximum sentence for Big Business execs.

It’s not the 70s anymore. Post WW2 prosperity is gone. The capitalist hogs are fully back in charge, stealing & hiding their loot offshore, living large & proudly.

It’s not like a terrorist group could sneak up on their houses one night & do a Manson family on them. They have locked gates with private security Guards carrying automatic weapons & grenades. They have cameras, they have face recognition technology, there are floodlights, there are overhead drones, there are private armies, there are forensics, there are companies that will make deep fake videos to pin it on someone who didn’t do it (if perhaps a crime like that could ever be carried out) just like there was Cambridge Analytica who stole an election. The courts are packed with right wingers.

This isn’t the Russian Revolution. It’s not a bunch of Cossacks with WW1 rifles.

They can find anybody nowadays. They can watch satellite footage & traffic camera footage from before, during & after the crime to trace vehicles.

We laughed at militias but we’re not laughing now. Oregon is full of rightwing militias and they will rise up & join those rightwing border guards & prison guards who’ve been brought up to hate dark skinned people & white democrats from the minute they were born.

by Anonymousreply 107/21/2020

There's really nothing in the article you linked to suggest that she will walk, OP.

by Anonymousreply 207/21/2020

The longer her case is put off, the more people forget about her. She’s old news. There’s a possibility that Americans are so dumb that any jury who is picked for her case will think she’s been convicted already & they’re just on a jury for some extra charge the DA tacked on. “Oh yeah, I remember. She was from a few years ago. She was guilty of a crime. I remember seeing her going into court on the news. She’s already being punished.”

The media jumps from one thing to another. Russian bounties, virus, protests, Trump’s latest tweet, AOC is a “lying bitch,” Kanye for president, superhero/supervillain movies, newest video game, latest Oreo flavor, North Korea, shutdown, reopening. The average American is poorly educated with the attention span of a gnat.

The longer her case is postponed, the less the public cares about her crimes & think she was already convicted.

by Anonymousreply 307/21/2020

Mark my words. She will probably do everything she can to get pregnant (even IVF if necessary ) before the trial starts. She'll make sure to cut a tragic figure cupping her bump for the cameras. Americans don't put rich blonde white mommies in jail. Poor white and minority mothers, yes. But not the ones from Holmes class. I would be shocked if she did more than 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 407/21/2020

There were many big time investors who lost money to her scam, and I don't think they will forget.

?Documents unsealed in a lawsuit brought against Theranos reveal a number of the high profile investors who had a stake in the nearly worthless start-up: The Waltons, founders of Walmart, with $150 million; Rupert Murdoch, with $125 million; and the DeVos family, including Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, with $100 "...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507/21/2020

[quote] There’s a possibility that Americans are so dumb that any jury who is picked for her case will think she’s been convicted already & they’re just on a jury for some extra charge the DA tacked on.

Right, because the judge and attorneys don't tell the jury what the defendant is charged with or anything.

by Anonymousreply 607/21/2020

Murdoch? DeVos? Maybe we should give her a medal instead.

by Anonymousreply 707/21/2020

[quote] Right, because the judge and attorneys don't tell the jury what the defendant is charged with or anything.

You think they’re going to understand it? Ha! You can’t even get people to wear a mask to protect their own lives or the lives of their families. They can’t understand they can transmit disease to their parents or grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 807/21/2020

Miss Crazy Eyes

by Anonymousreply 907/21/2020

R5. Ah, such a pity that such saints as the Waltons, Murdoch, and Betsy DeVos lost over a hundred million dollars each.

by Anonymousreply 1007/21/2020

[quote] You think they’re going to understand it?

Dipshit, the entire trial is about presenting and explaining the charges and the evidence that demonstrates whether or not the defendant is guilty of the charges. Yes, some jurors will understand it all better than others but none of them will sit through the trial thinking “huh, I think she was already convicted and we’re just dealing with some random tacked-on charge.”

by Anonymousreply 1107/21/2020

Any relation to John and HH?

by Anonymousreply 1207/21/2020

The wall decals with inspirational quotes decorating the walls of Theranos should have been the first definite sign she is a fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1307/21/2020

The real hero of the Theranos scam story is George Schultz' grandson who blew the whistle on Elizabeth Holmes and his granddad cut him out of his life. The kid saved countless lives by exposing the fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1407/21/2020

Maybe she'll pass herself away.

by Anonymousreply 1507/21/2020

R15 ...if she relies on her own bogus test and then later finds out that she's terminal and it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 1607/22/2020

I don’t want to see Kate McKinnon in her TV adaptation. I think Jennifer Lawrence’s movie may be better, but she has trouble getting her vanity projects off the ground - there’s squat on her Anna Deveney project, a Spielberg war movie, East of Eden...

by Anonymousreply 1707/22/2020

R17 I'm so tired and I hope I am misunderstanding your post. Don't tell me that there's a remake of East of Eden in the works. Lord have mercy! NO! A million times NO!!!

by Anonymousreply 1807/22/2020

Jennifer Lawrence was trying to get it off the ground with Gary Ross and (I think) Ron Howard

by Anonymousreply 1907/22/2020

R19 The Theranos story or a East of Eden remake?

by Anonymousreply 2007/22/2020

There were many big time investors who lost money to her scam, and I don't think they will forget.

R5 Their investment was just a big tax write off. They don't care what happens now, in fact they probably hope it all just goes away so they aren't dragged into it.

by Anonymousreply 2107/22/2020

If you still haven't heard the tale this podcast was a rather enjoyable listen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2207/22/2020

She’s not going to trial. She’ll delay & delay for years & then take a plea.

by Anonymousreply 2307/24/2020

How can you delay and delay for years?

What about her failed sugar daddy Sunny?

by Anonymousreply 2407/24/2020

I had the trial marked on my calendar for Aug 4 at 9am. Of course, it would be postponed.

This kind of case has reams of documents an, Covid or not, it naturally would haven been postponed. You can't deny motions to continue cases when there is good cause like the defense needs more time to prepare.

And, yes, I also think she will eventually take a plea.

by Anonymousreply 2507/24/2020

Yes, taking a plea is what a normal person would do, anyway. She seems so arrogant and weirdly convinced of her own bullshit that I wonder if she'll insist on going to trial because she assumes she can persuade a jury of her innocence the way she persuaded her investors she had a real product.

by Anonymousreply 2607/25/2020

All of her big-time board members will be working hard to encourage her to plead out so they aren't dragged into this. They've got the muscle to carve out a sweet plea deal for her with the DA. I'm hoping R26 is correct and she will arrogantly choose to go to trial because that will force Kissinger, Schultz, Mattis and the rest of her elite board to relive their participation in this scam.

by Anonymousreply 2707/25/2020

Pushed back again! To March 9, 2021

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2808/13/2020

They’re going to let her go because she’s been found to sterilize people from Rona with her eyes. Her hush-hush probation deal will require she be on hand to stare at the recently infected rich and powerful.

The treatment is occasionally fatal but everything in life has its risks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2908/13/2020

She will never see the inside of a jail.

[quote]She'll walk away free and clear, her board members (Schultz, Kissinger, Mattis, Nunn, etc) won't have to testify or account for their $100,000+ annual payouts.

All of those ex-politicos AND Standford fellowship members (Schultz, Kissinger, Mattis, Nunn) will never allow this to go to trial. It would be too embarrassing to them personally and to the school.

by Anonymousreply 3008/13/2020

Sanpaku eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3108/13/2020

[quote]I don’t want to see Kate McKinnon in her TV adaptation. I think Jennifer Lawrence’s movie may be better, but she has trouble getting her vanity projects off the ground - there’s squat on her Anna Deveney project, a Spielberg war movie, East of Eden...

I think the Hulu mini-series with Kate McKinnon and the JLaw movie will probably both be shelved due to the financial issues related to covid-19.

by Anonymousreply 3208/13/2020

She's now going to use the 'mental illness' defense. Everyone gets off free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3309/11/2020

R33, I think she'll probably say she was being bullied by her boyfriend at the time, Sunny Balwani. He worked at Theranos, too, and held some high position. IIRC, he was living with Holmes during her "reign." Apparently, Balwani was a bully to some of the employees.

Looks like she put on some weight.

[quote] All of those ex-politicos AND Standford fellowship members (Schultz, Kissinger, Mattis, Nunn) will never allow this to go to trial. It would be too embarrassing to them personally and to the school.

What? The case is already charged and set for trial. It's not up to Schultz, etc., to decide whether the case goes to trial. The case either goes to trial or Holmes accepts a plea offer. I guess it's possible that the case could be completely dismissed before trial, but, again, that's not up to Schultz, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3409/11/2020

Balwani was not at the company in the early years and even after he invested heavily in it and thus saving her, there was some time before he held a formal position in the company. I think it's the other way around and that Holmes controlled Balwani. That's her thing - controlling people and conning them. Her con days started when she was very young. Balwani didn't make her that way. If anyone helped her become what she was it was her parents for feeding her and enabling her fantasies to the extent they did.

This argument - if it is actually in anyway believable - would probably only work in mitigating her sentence rather than her actual guilt.

by Anonymousreply 3509/11/2020

Her father was an Enron exec. I think that says it all.

If she got pregnant before her trial the judge would see right through that. Someone as dangerously crazy as Elizabeth Holmes should not have kids.

George Schulz’s grandson is a hot nerd. Very good looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 3609/11/2020

R36 Tyler is a hottie! I heard he has a new book so we may be seeing more of him...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3709/12/2020

I have to think the prosecutors are chuckling at the spectacle of Holmes claiming to be so mentally ill with diminished capacity that she could no longer differentiate between right and wrong.

There is too much of a paper - and video - trail for Holmes to pull off the insanity defense.

by Anonymousreply 3809/12/2020

The funny thing about her absurd, forced fake voice is that it gives her a double chin even though she's skinny.

Try it yourself: make your voice deep and feel under your chin, you should feel a muscle pushing the chin fat forward.

I'm legitimately creeped out by her and Mark Zuckerberg. They're like aliens from outer space imitating humans.

by Anonymousreply 3909/13/2020

Quite the board of directors.

Riley Bechtel (chairman of the board and former CEO at Bechtel Group)

Bill Frist (former U.S. Senator and heart-transplant surgeon)

Henry Kissinger (former U.S. Secretary of State)

Richard Kovacevich (former Wells Fargo Chairman and CEO)

James Mattis (General, USMC)

Sam Nunn (former U.S. Senator)

William Perry (former U.S. Secretary of Defense)

Channing Robertson, chemical-engineering professor at Stanford

Gary Roughead (Admiral, USN, retired)

George P. Shultz (Former U.S. Secretary of State)

by Anonymousreply 4009/13/2020

So is she officially married to that young dude?

by Anonymousreply 4109/15/2020

This will never go to trial. She’ll plead out & then after 3 months in prison the plea will be dismissed on a technicality. She’s while. She’s rich. She’s blonde. She’s connected. Her investors want this to go away. In exchange for spending 90 days in jail she’ll agree never to write a book detailing what assholes her victims are.

by Anonymousreply 4209/15/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!