Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

COVID breakup?

Anyone one else dealing with a covid related break up? I started dating a guy right before Christmas. Things were starting to get serious around March and then the lockdown hit and really didn't see each other for a few weeks. When we did get back together, the spark seemed gone and it felt more forced. We broke up a little over a week ago, and I just can't get out of this funk. It's odd, cause I've had much more serious relationships break off and usually moved forward quickly. I think not being able to do much is giving me too much time to think! What about you guys? Has covid negatively affected your relationships?

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2020 11:24 PM

I can completely understand OP. Part of it is having too much time to think and being locked down you may not have many opportunities to meet anyone new to take your mind off it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2020 7:47 PM

I'm single, but I definitely have a recent experience of COVID getting to me and I rage argued with one of my best friends. We talked it out, but I was very jittery afterwards and realized that this is genuinely affecting me, socially.

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2020 7:48 PM

I've had some friendships that are on their last legs

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2020 7:49 PM

I broke up with a guy I had only been dating for just over a year about three weeks ago, and it's hit me really hard. I've been in longer relationships and while I did grieve them when the ended, this is different. I think the fact is that in the past, I was able to keep busy, go out, have fun, see friends etc. This time, I'm working from home at present, and while I have some friends I've seen a couple time over the past few weeks, my social life is way more low key than before. I'm at home by myself for days at a time. So, I think it's a combination of things that is making me feel really low.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 7:46 PM

A good friend of mine totally lashed out at me and “defriended” me for no really good reasons.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 7:52 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2020 9:31 PM

Not a breakup per se, but my husband and I are sleeping in separate rooms, he has been furloughed since March and I work in a clinical medical setting. I don't blame him for wanting his own space, and it makes sense since I continue to have to get up early, but ... it feels like it's going to be a permanent change. I think we LIKE having our own space. We still hang out together but I feel more distant now.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2020 9:36 PM

I think there will be a lot of break-ups and divorces once we've found a working vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2020 9:56 PM

Two of my fuckbuddies are married with children and they are pestering me to meet up. I've known them for years. I don't feel that comfortable and have been declining. I hope they understand I'd sure love to continue when this fades. I have met up with single gay fuckbuds, however.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2020 10:37 PM

R3 same here. One friend has turned complete Qanon crazy during quarantine that it’s at a point where I feel like I don’t even know them anymore. Haven’t seen anyone on a long time. Whatever I guess.

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2020 11:20 PM

not a breakup, but it's the SAD LAST DAYS with my roommate. Everything is a fight.

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2020 11:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!