Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tammy Duckworth for VP

I think she’s the one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 1, 2020 1:39 AM

From four days ago. VoteVets loves her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2020 6:21 AM

A bit longer VoteVets video from a week ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2020 6:22 AM

[quote] I think she’s the one to make Biden lose the election.

There, I fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2020 6:23 AM

no. she's not.

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2020 6:24 AM

Who in the hell is the obsessive freak constantly posting threads about this person?

The only one insisting that she will be VP, is YOU, weirdo.

It's not going to happen. Period. So give it up.

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2020 6:24 AM

Im not voting for Biden unless he picks her.

by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2020 6:25 AM

There’s a triggered blocked Bernie cult member posting, I think.

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2020 6:25 AM

I'm sure Biden will be crushed, R6.

Rofl.

As if she will bring in any extra votes for him.

Most Americans don't even know who she is, nor do we care.

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2020 6:27 AM

As an aside, her veteran dad was in Thailand working for the Defense Department when she was born. It’s a nonissue, as with McCain and Ted Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2020 6:30 AM

I think it’s the “no legs” fetishist.

I’m not sure he’s a Bernie Bro, I think he could just be a guy with a fear of women without legs. According to him, you can’t think without working legs, it’s impossible. Who would ever hire a Vice President or President without working legs, and then re-elect them? No way.

As we all know, the brains are kept in the legs. Without them, no one could be a good President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2020 6:35 AM

The media will be enraged is it’s not one of the Black woman they’ve been hyping in successive intervals for months.

I’d kind of love to see their heads explode. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2020 6:38 AM

R10, oh yeah I forget about that nutjob. Blocked him earlier I guess.

by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2020 6:39 AM

There is no "one" since Democratic infighting is a hallmark of the party. Even now some still won't make beating Trump the priority.

by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2020 6:52 AM

R13, by “one” I meant “the one Biden will choose “. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2020 6:54 AM

Then surely that little girl won't be Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2020 6:57 AM

Not born in the US. Ineligible.

by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2020 7:01 AM

Expect a wave of Karen Bass hype this week.

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2020 7:02 AM

Exactly, R16.

It'll be the birther shit all over again.

We don't need that, and we certainly don't need her.

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2020 7:04 AM

Happier times are on the way. We’ll rebuild America with them leading. The nightmare might almost be over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2020 7:05 AM

She's ugly and in a wheel chair. Not a good look.

And don't even TRY to compare her to FDR.

by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2020 7:08 AM

Triggered blocked fucks left and right! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2020 7:10 AM

Trump attacked Biden the most when the primaries were in full swing. He’s attacking Duckworth now, getting Tucker to attack her.

It’s clear he fears both because he senses they’re the strongest candidates.

by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2020 7:18 AM

[quote] It’s clear he fears both because he senses they’re the strongest candidates.

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2020 7:20 AM

She is devastatingly ugly. I accept that as a gay man I’m biased, but how anyone could even consider fucking her is beyond me. Any lezzes in here actually considering hitting that toad/pig?

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2020 8:07 AM

R24 everyone. Dear god.

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2020 2:08 PM

Told you. From 1 hour ago. Media are desperate because one of their favored won't be chosen, showing their lack of any sway.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2020 2:15 PM

R26 link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2020 2:15 PM

What is with these idiots who think she's ineligible? As if the Democrats had somehow forgotten to check? Bloody fools. She's a natural born Citizen. Look it up fuckwits.

by Anonymousreply 28July 13, 2020 2:27 PM

R28, it's people who've not read the actual clause and think it says the president must have been born in the US.

[quote] No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident ...

by Anonymousreply 29July 13, 2020 2:37 PM

R29 she’s definitely eligible. My concern is that she looks like a fucking yellow walrus toting sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 30July 13, 2020 2:47 PM

My concern R30 is another 4 years of Dump

by Anonymousreply 31July 13, 2020 2:49 PM

R31 the two concerns aren’t mutually exclusive

by Anonymousreply 32July 13, 2020 2:51 PM

They're scared she's the pick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 13, 2020 2:51 PM

Holy fuck, you're angry, R30. Whom would you like to be VP, given the (arguably unnecessary) constraint that it must be a woman?

by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2020 2:55 PM

If the media was made of good people, they would push for Tammy who is a disabled veteran to become VP. But no, instead they want to race bait and push people just because of the color of their skin.

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2020 2:57 PM

R34 Klobuchar would be ok, even though she’s a cunt. Gina Raimondo could peel the white ethnic vote from Cheeto. Lame Duck Dong is basically ironclad to her face but behind her back women don’t like voting for a fat ugly toad. Get someone poised, eloquent, and attractive.

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2020 2:58 PM

Just for reference, Frank Bruni’s piece from two weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2020 3:01 PM

It’s affirmative action writ large lol: an eminently qualified Asian American woman vs. less qualified and/or more polarizing women of other backgrounds.

That said, I’m fine with any of them

by Anonymousreply 38July 13, 2020 3:04 PM

The issue regarding eligibility hasn’t been taken up by the Supreme Court. The question still lingers and the GOP will run with it and make it into a controversy if she’s chosen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 13, 2020 3:04 PM

R37 I know she’s good on paper but she’s just painfully unattractive. She took the worst from both races: she has the squat, obese physique from the NW European Anglo-Celtic peasant stock and the brutish, flat, simian facial features of a SE Asian peon.

by Anonymousreply 40July 13, 2020 3:05 PM

And BTW, I’m someone who really admires Duckworth and think she’d be great but I also know what’s coming. I like her a hell of a lot better than a Harris and Warren.

by Anonymousreply 41July 13, 2020 3:06 PM

And BTW, I’m someone who really admires Duckworth and think she’d be great but I also know what’s coming. I like her a hell of a lot better than Harris and Warren.

by Anonymousreply 42July 13, 2020 3:08 PM

Warren is the only white woman the media would approve of. They have a massive hard on for that old as fuck, fake progressive harpy.

by Anonymousreply 43July 13, 2020 3:08 PM

R43, she's Native American, remember? lol

by Anonymousreply 44July 13, 2020 3:10 PM

Wampum warren or chairbound chink? You choose!

by Anonymousreply 45July 13, 2020 3:14 PM

That remaining Latina governor Michelle Lujan Grisham is white, as well, but yeah, the media will act like she's mestizo or something. Typical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 13, 2020 3:16 PM

DL approves of Duckworth, which means she sucks. DL hates women. Thank you for your service, but don't come anywhere near the ticket. Anyone but her.

by Anonymousreply 47July 13, 2020 3:17 PM

According to DL, Biden's VP choice needs to be a black woman, but she should be neither black nor a woman because yuck. Also, there might be a problem if she's too attractive, but anything less than a 10 is unacceptable. She should not have any history of any kind, except for prior political office where she made only unanimously supported decisions on difficult subjects. She should have an elite education but not at elite universities. She should be/not be a lawyer. And her family, from her grandparents to her 18th cousins, had better be the same, otherwise she and they are trash.

by Anonymousreply 48July 13, 2020 3:24 PM

To be fair I don’t think Lame Suck Duck has any dirt on her. She’d just stop a striking clock.

by Anonymousreply 49July 13, 2020 3:26 PM

When they announce it, I plan to expose her membership at her racist club, along with JB Pritzker.

This will be fun to what the fur fly.

I can't understand why she is even in the Senate. Pritzker was already called out on Facebook for his membership in this "Mortimer Club." But the riots overshadowed it.

by Anonymousreply 50July 13, 2020 3:29 PM

R50, Barbara Thorndyke is your favorite author, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 13, 2020 3:35 PM

I like her in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 52July 13, 2020 3:38 PM

R52, what are your favorite bills and/or hearing tacts/performances of hers during her career in the Senate?

by Anonymousreply 53July 13, 2020 3:49 PM

It better be Harris. At least she's qualified, spry and attractive.

by Anonymousreply 54July 13, 2020 3:51 PM

R54, and very polarizing among independents and moderates.

by Anonymousreply 55July 13, 2020 3:53 PM

Harris is most polarizing among blacks who view her as a “cop”. Independents and moderates don’t mind her as long as keeps quiet about her preferred pronouns and the reparations shit.

by Anonymousreply 56July 13, 2020 3:56 PM

I like Duckworth as my senator. I just don't feel like she's quick enough on her feet to do well in the VP debate. As an example, she was questioned the other day about whether we should remove statues of George Washington. She gave an neutral "we should talk about all these things" answer, but it gave them a weapon against her. You're not going to have a large majority of people who want to remove statues of our first president, and you need to recognize a trap when it is laid for you. She should have said "While he was a slave owner, he was an important founding father, so no - let's go after the confederate traitors instead."

by Anonymousreply 57July 13, 2020 4:01 PM

[quote] as long as keeps quiet about her preferred pronouns and the reparations shit.

How likely is that, if the media start asking her about trans rights and reparations (as is the fashion of late)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 13, 2020 4:01 PM

R57, she's trying to be picked as running mate by a campaign staffed heavily by woke Black women, and Left Twitter is ready to destroy anyone expressing reverence for Washington et al. "I think a discussion about it is acceptable" is about as moderate as she can be right now.

The angles: see the angles.

by Anonymousreply 59July 13, 2020 4:05 PM

Harris is problematic because she’s seen as a cop, but Val Demings, who was an actual cop, is totally great? Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 60July 13, 2020 4:07 PM

[quote] I like Duckworth as my senator. I just don't feel like she's quick enough on her feet to do well in the VP debate.

Oh, clearly, VP debates are what matter with voters. Like voters won't already decided, or won't be when faced with an evangelical male vs. a woman veteran (it's either one or the other).

It's about identity and what they stand for: not how they perform over 90 minutes on network TV.

by Anonymousreply 61July 13, 2020 4:08 PM

R60, Demings is losing steam even with the desperate cheerleading media: they finally see the cop angle. It's on to Karen Bass this week for the media.

With the media, it went: Harris, Abrams, Demings and Lance Bottoms -- and this week it's all about Bass, and then back to Harris probably next week as the decision (the beginning of August) nears.

They're iterating, but finding problems all the way around.

- Harris: prosecutor, terrible campaign management

- Abrams: gauche, thin resume

- Demings: cop

- Lance Bottoms: Atlanta is a mess, thin resume

- Bass: praise for Castro, but what else? Maybe she'll stick. Probably not.

Probably back to Harris next week, because she's (supposedly) the inevitable choice. Biden won't pick any of them, and then the storyline will be how "problematic" his choice of a non-Black woman is. Then they'll look for stuff to crucify the running mate (as with grifter Tara for Biden, trying to see if they can change the outcome of the primaries so their favorites, Bernie or Warren, could snatch the nomination).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 13, 2020 4:17 PM

"I just don't feel like she's quick enough on her feet to do well in the VP debate"

AGAINST PENCE? HA HA HA!

by Anonymousreply 63July 13, 2020 4:20 PM

Pence: lies

VP pick: "You're lying. The fact is that [you said this/you did this/Trump said this/Trump did this]"

Pence: [shakes, head, pretending to be disappointed at the VP pick for "lying"] "That's just not true"

A good VP pick will blow him out of the water and call out his "disappointed dad" shtick. "Your supposed wounded disappointment doesn't make what I'm saying untrue. It's just cover for my having called you out. Here's the proof. On [date] you said [quote]."

by Anonymousreply 64July 13, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote]I just don't feel like she's quick enough on her feet to do well in the VP debate.

Probably because she doesn’t have feet.

by Anonymousreply 65July 13, 2020 4:32 PM

There's that smell of cheap Vodka and cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 66July 13, 2020 4:41 PM

Stupid idea. The GOP is already bringing this back up again and she hasn’t even gotten the nomination yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 13, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote] If the media was made of good people, they would push for Tammy who is a disabled veteran to become VP. But no, instead they want to race bait and push people just because of the color of their skin.

You mean like Tammy Duckworth?

That's the only reason her name is being mentioned. Because she's a MINORITY. Duckworth would be an affirmative action pick.

And she's certainly NOT more qualified than Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 68July 13, 2020 5:41 PM

The GOP is making a mistake by attacking Duckworth so early. Biden didn’t even officially pick her yet. Do they know something we don’t?

Here it is July. Anything they say about her, everyone will be over it by November. Unless they can prove she’s got a bunch of dead bodies stacked like cordwood in the basement, there’s nothing she’s ever done that can’t be forgotten by November. It’s a long way away. By then Trump will have destroyed the economy even further and sent thousands of children and teachers to their deaths.

If they were saying in October, “guess what, she has no feet!” that might be a revelation for some people. But this pointless stuff in July that makes no sense? Carlson is calling her a “coward.” Based on what? She’s got balls the size of hub caps.

That’s such an irrelevant thing to say about her that it sounds like Trump told him to specifically say that, even though it makes no sense. Carlson may be stupid, but he knows it makes no sense. And if all he has is random name-calling, she must be pretty clean.

What does Carlson think Trump will do for him? He can’t do anything. He’s on the way out, and will abandon him like he does everyone else. And Carlson will have four years of Biden to get ratings criticizing the opposition party. So he has nothing to lose either way. He’ll be fine.

I’m wondering what Fox will say about schools opening and children getting sick. Even Republicans have at least some small, stunted feelings towards their children.

by Anonymousreply 69July 13, 2020 8:37 PM

R67, oh yes, voters are going to examine the bureaucratic mechanics of the VA during her time there when deciding whether to vote for Biden. When there’s a pandemic. When 20% are unemployed.

No. They see a moderate Midwestern vet who lost both legs flying a Black Hawk in Iraq, and who’s upbeat and inoffensive. They think “Well, she’s half ‘Chinese’ but she lost both her legs and her husband’s a white vet. Good enough.”

She’s the least polarizing in part because all the CNN watchers never heard of her until two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 70July 14, 2020 4:37 AM

[quote] They think “Well, she’s half ‘Chinese’ but she lost both her legs and her husband’s a white vet. Good enough.”

Why do orientals always insist that if they marry a white guy, then they "qualify" as white?

They don't. They just... don't. And they never will be white.

by Anonymousreply 71July 14, 2020 5:11 AM

r70, give it up, it's not going to be her.

by Anonymousreply 72July 14, 2020 5:37 AM

I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 73July 14, 2020 6:12 AM

Sally Yates. Period.

by Anonymousreply 74July 14, 2020 6:15 AM

[quote]Why do orientals always insist that if they marry a white guy, then they "qualify" as white?

Probably for the same reasons that other biracial women like Kamala Harris and Susan Rice do it.

by Anonymousreply 75July 14, 2020 12:33 PM

We have to remember that the VP choice for this election will be crucial.

Biden would be the oldest person ever to become President, and he also has a not so stellar health history.

Therefore, the VP could very well become President during his term in office.

I think that the person pushing for her so hard to become VP, merely wants her elected because of her race. So that demographic can have someone as President.

That said, Duckworth's racial demographic only makes up less than 6% of the U.S. population. SIX PERCENT.

We've never had a female President, we've never had a Hispanic President, and we've only had one African American President, in over 240 years.

So she needs to wait in fucking line.

Why should someone from a demographic that represents only SIX PERCENT of the U.S. population, become President? Fuck that shit.

I'm white, and even I would rather see a black or hispanic male or female become President first.

Then there's the issue of China and Russia. I think that they would see weakness in her, if she ever became President. Then they would take advantage of that.

While Americans are patting themselves on the back for being politically correct, China and Russia will see an opportunity to attack us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 14, 2020 2:01 PM

One set of observations:

1. It was supposed to be Klobuchar. 2. Once that became impossible, Biden began to dither. 3. Once it was clear she was out, Klobuchar took a machine gun to Warren (whether Biden's people asked her to or not is unclear). 4. Biden's camp probably wants Harris. 5. Biden doesn't like Harris. 6. Biden's camp has been floating a different POC every week to give the media something to do, and will likely pivot back to Harris in early August (as predicted earlier in this thread). 7. Duckworth is a wildcard, as she is not black but she is military, disabled, and a great speaker. 8. Biden is probably personally taken with Duckworth as the candidate he'd like to be president after him. 9. Biden's camp is panicking about #8. 10. The Duckworth hit pieces have begun. 11. Republican operatives sit back and laugh, again, as the Democrats implode from within, like every cycle. 12. This should be a fascinating two weeks seeing the factions play off.

by Anonymousreply 77July 14, 2020 4:40 PM

Nice husband. Smart, a veteran as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 14, 2020 5:48 PM

R77, I think you’re spot-on.

by Anonymousreply 79July 14, 2020 5:51 PM

Sorry 'bout the spacing. Hit post before checking the breaks (doh)!

by Anonymousreply 80July 14, 2020 5:55 PM

If Biden chooses Duckworth, he needs to release the list of black women he'll consider for his first Supreme Court nomination - even on the same day he announces Duckworth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 14, 2020 6:01 PM

R77 in your gut, who do you think he'll choose?

by Anonymousreply 82July 14, 2020 6:07 PM

[quote] If Biden chooses Duckworth...

He will lose.

Guaranteed.

But I'm sure that China wants him to pick her. So does Russia.

by Anonymousreply 83July 14, 2020 6:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 14, 2020 6:13 PM

I like her and feel she is the most acceptable candidate for independents , moderates and disgusted republicans. Keep your eye on the prize which is to ensure Trump is not re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 85July 14, 2020 6:27 PM

r82, my gut says I don't know enough about Biden and his entourage to know who's influence will win out. My first thought when the Times piece (Frank Bruni IIRC) glowed about Duckworth was that it was a trial balloon to see how the reaction would go. The fact that there are hit pieces (without a lot of juice IMO) so quickly implies to me that people in the camp are seeing her emerge.

So, my gut is that if I were him, I'd be going Duckworth (and only because he should have picked Warren two months ago but can't really pick her now with all the POC conversation). But my gnawing feeling is that he is not running that ship, and those who are want Harris.

by Anonymousreply 86July 14, 2020 7:21 PM

Stop trying to make this bitch happen.

Biden won't choose her.

It's Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris. The end.

by Anonymousreply 87July 14, 2020 7:27 PM

Tammy! Tammy! Tammy!

Lujan! Lujan! Lujan!

Beto! Beto! Beto!

by Anonymousreply 88July 14, 2020 7:34 PM

What about Tusli Gabard for VP? She was in the military and is kind of Asian, too. Plus she has her two Samoan delegates from the primary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 14, 2020 8:03 PM

I like her for VP. She's also a US Senator from Illinois - just like Obama.

by Anonymousreply 90July 14, 2020 8:26 PM

I met Duckworth at O'Hare after the 2009 Chicago marathon. Without knowing who she was, I offered her my copy of the paper to check her official time (she was wearing her finisher's medal, but didn't have a paper), which launched into a conversation of the different wheelchair divisions, how her wheelchair was different than the regulation ones, and why her division wasn't listed. The guy she was traveling with, who I assumed was her husband, was hot (fit masc hot, not good bone structure and skin hot). Crew cut, chiseled jaw, tight Army shirt, left to go get Starbucks (I think she had a chai), and very protective of her. He was pissed to come back and see me talking to her, but relaxed when he heard the conversation. She was a little suspicious of my intentions but laughed it off (actually chuckled) when it became clear that I had no idea who she was and was just really interested in her training and chair -- runners can talk for days about the minutiae of tech and training. She praised runner culture, calling it open and supportive. After she boarded, someone came up to me and told me who she was. I was still clueless, but looked it up after I got home.

by Anonymousreply 91July 14, 2020 8:28 PM

That’s cool, R91!

I saw Mitt Romney at Reagan National Airport when he was still governor of Massachusetts. He left the plane after boarding to get ice cream with an aide. He came back to board with the ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 92July 14, 2020 9:53 PM

[quote]Once it was clear she was out, Klobuchar took a machine gun to Warren

I love Klobuchar’s style.

by Anonymousreply 93July 14, 2020 9:55 PM

Klobuchar might have made a great president. She just seems like someone who works a backroom.

by Anonymousreply 94July 14, 2020 10:16 PM

I hope to god Susan Rice doesn’t get it, with that awfully ultra right wing nutcase son hers. If she failed with her son, I don’t think she is hugely capable.

by Anonymousreply 95July 14, 2020 10:41 PM

I'm good with her. I'm good with Warren. I'm not good with Harris. She is not enough of the people for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 96July 14, 2020 11:29 PM

[quote] She just seems like someone who works a backroom.

That means something very different here!

by Anonymousreply 97July 14, 2020 11:32 PM

Isn’t lame duck too white? Her father was white IIRC and she’s married to a white dude. Basically she’s white adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 98July 14, 2020 11:40 PM

R11, she is a minority. And a veteran. And a disabled veteran at that. Plus she has the political credentials. And she's managed to show she has what it takes to deal with manipulative Republicans. I think our best choice for what is needed now is Warren. Duckworth is the closest I've come to feeling like we've got a very qualified candidate beyond Warren.

by Anonymousreply 99July 14, 2020 11:43 PM

i was gonna say she's rather fat to be in the white house...but...trump? big orange piggy piggy.

by Anonymousreply 100July 14, 2020 11:44 PM

Pick Klobuchar. Biden hands her a stapler, file folders, a coffee mug, and a salad comb. Then Biden says, "go find Trump and imagine he's Pete Buttigieg hugging his husband after the Iowa caucuses".

by Anonymousreply 101July 14, 2020 11:48 PM

R99 isn’t she a minority only in the very broadest sense of the term? She’s half white half oriental.

by Anonymousreply 102July 14, 2020 11:49 PM

R99. I'm not sure why you're replying to my post at R11. I believe she's the best pick. All I'm commenting on is what 99% of the media want.

by Anonymousreply 103July 14, 2020 11:50 PM

She's not fat, R100. She had a baby not that long ago and has been busy, but she could not get fat and walk on those prostheses. Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 104July 14, 2020 11:51 PM

Warren will help Biden come in third in Massachusetts.

by Anonymousreply 105July 14, 2020 11:52 PM

R104 she’s fat and ugly as sin. She then again probably compares favorably to Dump who’s no looker himself. Problem is women don’t like unattractive fat and dumpy women.

by Anonymousreply 106July 14, 2020 11:53 PM

[quote] Isn’t lame duck too white? Her father was white IIRC and she’s married to a white dude. Basically she’s white adjacent.

Keep fucking that chicken.

I never understood why orientals have this incessant need to try to "prove" that they're white, when they're not. It's the most bizarre thing ever.

Besides their being completely insecure about themselves, it's just fucking WEIRD.

You're NOT white. Everyone can see that, except for you. Stop trying to pretend that you are.

by Anonymousreply 107July 14, 2020 11:56 PM

[quote] I met Duckworth at O'Hare after the 2009 Chicago marathon.

[quote] The guy she was traveling with, who I assumed was her husband, was ... very protective of her. He was pissed to come back and see me talking to her, but relaxed when he heard the conversation.

So you speak chinese?

by Anonymousreply 108July 14, 2020 11:58 PM

R77, I disagree with your number 3, although it's small potatoes at this point. I think Klobuchar had her own problems with all the Lefties complaining about her prosecutorial record in the wake of the George Floyd death. I think she felt like her best option when she found out she was out was to advocate for a Black woman VP to try to correct the history people were criticizing. People love the idea of women cat fights, but I think she's more interested in remaining popular in Minnesota than playing Tonya Harding to Warren's Nancy Kerrigan.

by Anonymousreply 109July 14, 2020 11:59 PM

Not sure how this escaped everyone. From R57...

“Not sure if she’s quick enough on her feet.”

Really????? She has no feet.

She’s my Senator too, and I’m a big fan.

by Anonymousreply 110July 15, 2020 12:01 AM

R107 agreed but note her father is white so she is actually half white.

by Anonymousreply 111July 15, 2020 12:04 AM

Duckworth has a face for radio.

And really Duckworth? I want to "quack" every time I hear it.

by Anonymousreply 112July 15, 2020 12:06 AM

For you, R111.

You tell me what you see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 15, 2020 12:09 AM

R112 she’s probably one of the ugliest hogs in the Senate (with stiff competition) and that may turn off some female voters but I guess she’s a good compromise in that she’s ethnic but harmlessly so compared to some of the angry negresses out there. She’s a solid middle of the road choice with a more compelling story than closet Pence.

by Anonymousreply 114July 15, 2020 12:09 AM

Who is this wacko who hates Asians and constantly refers to them as “Orientals” and “Chinese”? All the Asians in the world are not Chinese.

When did this board become a bunch of MAGATs crowing about how much they hate Asians?

by Anonymousreply 115July 15, 2020 12:10 AM

R113 I’m not saying she’s white im saying she’s as white as she is oriental. To most deplorables she’s a few shades on the right side of Cameltoe and ‘Biscuit Lips’ Abrams.

by Anonymousreply 116July 15, 2020 12:11 AM

OP? ENOUGH!

Elizabeth Warren will be the VP nominee, whether you like it or not.

And all the "manifesting" that you keep trying to do, is not going to change that.

by Anonymousreply 117July 15, 2020 12:11 AM

R115 Asians owe us after Kung Flu. If this was the 40s we’d have interned all the bar eating motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 118July 15, 2020 12:12 AM

Warren has a track record of standing up for regular citizens. The economy is about to tank “Bigly”. The few stocks that make up the Dow were driven back up by opportunity buying. But all the other indicators like GDP are heading south

Earlier in the year I thought this made her the ideal pick because we need somebody at the top of the power hierarchy with a record of looking out for the commoners.

I started liking the duck because she does have that nastiness that fights fire with fire. I say promise her something important like they did with Pete and go with Warren. Imagine if something happened to Biden and Warren was given the power of executive orders.

by Anonymousreply 119July 15, 2020 12:12 AM

R119, we’ll have another GOP senator thanks to Massachusetts’s governor.

by Anonymousreply 120July 15, 2020 12:43 AM

Biden won't pick the best qualified, Warren. He will cowardly pick a black woman, any black woman because he's afraid of losing the black vote, even though if that's their only reason for voting for him, we are fucked anyway.

by Anonymousreply 121July 15, 2020 12:53 AM

R120, the Massachusetts legislature has a democratic supermajority. There would be a democratic replacement.

by Anonymousreply 122July 15, 2020 12:56 AM

R122, no. The legislature has no say.

From The Hill (“ May 28, 2020 - 06:00 AM EDT Warren's VP bid faces obstacle: Her state's Republican governor”):

[quote] Warren represents a state with a Republican governor, Charlie Baker, who has the power to pick anyone he wants to fill her seat, should it become vacant, until a special election sometime in 2021.

[quote] Massachusetts law requires a special election to be held between 145 and 160 days after a Senate seat becomes vacant, a significant problem if Biden wins the White House and the Senate is evenly divided between Republicans and Democrats.

[quote] If Baker were to appoint a Republican to replace Warren, Democrats would need a net pickup of four Senate seats - instead of three - and control of the White House to win back the Senate majority, where the GOP holds a 53-47 advantage.

by Anonymousreply 123July 15, 2020 1:11 AM

Warren is going to push her own fucking Bernie-style agenda if she's VP. That's not what Joe wants or needs.

And he might pick her for a Cabinet position, which would be the smartest move, because we'll know by January how many Senate seats the Dems have picked up. Because her seat will be filled by a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 124July 15, 2020 1:36 AM

WE WANT TAMMY DUCKWORTH FOR V̶I̶C̶E̶ PRESIDENT PLEASE! NOW!!

by Anonymousreply 125July 15, 2020 3:53 AM

I saw Warren interviewed last week and I could tell in her eyes that she has already been offered VP and accepted. It's almost August, for chrissakes- do you not think he's made a decision already? Throwing the black female names out there is just to let blacks know that he's the non-racist candidate.

How could he not pick Warren? She's brilliant, passionate... and the way she castrated Bloomboig at the debates tells you she's got what it takes to eviscerate Trump/Biden.

I particularly like the way she handles criticism and trash talk. She's even better than Hillary at letting it roll off her back. And that's how you have to be in this climate of 24/7 news and social media: thick-skinned.

And she'll be the first female POTUS someday.

by Anonymousreply 126July 15, 2020 6:48 AM

R126 is literally insane

by Anonymousreply 127July 15, 2020 6:52 AM

Warren and Bernie stans both seem to have this complete inability to let go. Pathetic really.

by Anonymousreply 128July 15, 2020 9:10 AM

250 pounds of......?

by Anonymousreply 129July 15, 2020 9:11 AM

OP forgot to post in her native language:

塔米 · 達克沃斯為 Vp 我想她就是這樣的

Why don't you get lost, you psycho creep?

An Oriental will never be President nor Vice-President of this country.

by Anonymousreply 130July 15, 2020 10:02 AM

"An Oriental"??? Fuck, [R130] are you living in 2020 or 1820?????

by Anonymousreply 131July 15, 2020 3:54 PM

Where did all this derision towards Duckworth come from!? Seems like on another thread about Duckworth, most only had positive things to say and this thread is the polar opposite.

by Anonymousreply 132July 15, 2020 4:30 PM

R132, it’s two posters. One is all about Harris and the other is a racist Bernie cult member. Block them and it’s all positive.

by Anonymousreply 133July 15, 2020 4:33 PM

r133, that doesn't surprise me. The Bernie, Warren and Harris fans are really desperate.

by Anonymousreply 134July 15, 2020 4:46 PM

Top 3 this week:

1. Harris 2. Bottoms 3. Rice

(can't link CNN)

by Anonymousreply 135July 15, 2020 5:40 PM

r130 is a racist.

Shun him gals!

by Anonymousreply 136July 16, 2020 1:04 AM

R136 it’s perfectly legitimate to query the racial optics of this.

by Anonymousreply 137July 16, 2020 1:17 AM

R135, Chris Cillizza is about as rigorous in his journalism as a HuffPo opinion piece writer.

by Anonymousreply 138July 16, 2020 5:43 AM

R123, that's not what educated Massachusetts residents say.

R128, that remark just shows your limited knowledge of the entire situation. Warren is the best qualified. That does not mean that Duckworth would not be a good choice. She checks off the minority box as well, if Biden believes he much choose a minority female candidate.

by Anonymousreply 139July 18, 2020 4:50 PM

Just rereading your post, R91. These are the kind of anecdotes I love to read on DL. In this case, charming and well told.

by Anonymousreply 140July 18, 2020 4:58 PM

r140, Warren is TOO OLD.

by Anonymousreply 141July 19, 2020 1:32 AM

Whoops! I meant r139 not r140.

My bad.

by Anonymousreply 142July 19, 2020 1:32 AM

Are you trolling, R139? Who cares what your educated MA residents say? Facts are facts.

by Anonymousreply 143July 19, 2020 2:10 AM

Goldberg is right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 19, 2020 2:26 AM

A very nice interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 19, 2020 2:27 AM

Wow didn't know you guys were worse than Deplorables voting based on looks? Who cares what she LOOKS LIKE

by Anonymousreply 146July 19, 2020 7:27 PM

R146, right? And she looks very presentable in R145's pic.

by Anonymousreply 147July 19, 2020 7:38 PM

r146, the electorate at large will care. Ugly women don't get far in politics in this country.

And yes, it's totally sexist. People almost expect most male politicians to be ugly, and then are surprised when occasionally there is a good looking one (JFK, Obama). But it's the exact opposite with the ladies; voters like pretty women to represent them for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 148July 20, 2020 12:56 AM

The media demand a Black woman. Repeatedly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 20, 2020 1:25 AM

Obama: SE Asia, Hawaii, Illinois

Duckworth: same

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 20, 2020 5:48 AM

From today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 21, 2020 11:40 PM

Joy Reid gets what she wants. It’ll be one of the four championed by her and most of the rest of the media.

The media are powerful. They’re in control.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 21, 2020 11:44 PM

[quote] As an aside, her veteran dad was in Thailand working for the Defense Department when she was born. It’s a nonissue, as with McCain and Ted Cruz.

R9 It is a non issue if they are a Republican, do I have to remind you that we had a President born in this country and most of the Republican Party and the current President claimed he wasn't born here. If it is Duckworth her birthplace will be an issue.

by Anonymousreply 153July 21, 2020 11:45 PM

I think Biden wants someone who’ll have his back, who won’t be campaigning for the presidency while serving as VP.

by Anonymousreply 154July 21, 2020 11:48 PM

R153, they’ll try to make it an issue, but I really don’t think it’ll stick so that the risks of choosing her outweigh the benefits.

by Anonymousreply 155July 21, 2020 11:49 PM

From today.

Dems usually pick a senator for VP.

Duckworth, Harris, Warren.

by Anonymousreply 156July 21, 2020 11:53 PM

Sorry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 21, 2020 11:53 PM

I have my own preferences but none of our preferences really matter. Joe Biden is going to pick the person he is most comfortable with and will do the most to help him win. I support who ever he picks and will vote for the ticket enthusiastically. Something everyone who calls themselves a Democrat should do.

by Anonymousreply 158July 22, 2020 12:00 AM

R154 I actually don't think that's all that much of a concern for him. I firmly believe he's leaning towards a one term presidency.

by Anonymousreply 159July 22, 2020 12:48 AM

R159, it’s about keeping people focused on the legislative agenda.

by Anonymousreply 160July 22, 2020 12:56 AM

Biden knows he'll be a one-termer, and he wants a VP he knows can win in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 161July 22, 2020 1:22 AM

Missed this from several days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 24, 2020 5:15 PM

For the media, this past week was all about Susan Rice. Back to Harris tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 163July 26, 2020 2:36 AM

Tammy Duckworth hails from the highly influential Illinois Democratic Party. You could bet your boots Michael Madigan is gonna pull some strings to get her on the ticket. What's Susan Rice's story? Or Kamala Harris'? For that matter.

by Anonymousreply 164July 26, 2020 2:54 AM

[quote]That remaining Latina governor Michelle Lujan Grisham is white, as well, but yeah, the media will act like she's mestizo or something. Typical.

She is mestizo. There are some mestizo families in New Mexico with a long history who have lighter skin tones. In recent years, she has been dying her blonde type colors. If you look at some pictures of her when she was in Congress her hair was darker.

The media would have hard time trying to connect Grisham with different Latino groups. She comes from a family who has lived in New Mexico for over four hundred years and she may have grown up in a household where her parents spoke the New Mexico Spanish dialect. This wikipedia article gives some good details on the ethnic group (Hispanos of New Mexico) that she comes from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 26, 2020 2:56 AM

R152 that's not true. And Joy Reid does not get what she wants always. I hope Biden realizes it is his choice, but her wishes are definitely the deciding factor. When push comes to shove, most Black voters, including Black women, realize they will be worse off with Trump in office than they will be with a VP that isn't their top choice. It's only the left wing white idiots who may do something stupid. And their Bernie nonsense is part of the reason Trump is in office now.

by Anonymousreply 166July 26, 2020 3:01 AM

Who cares R165? We, Mexicans and Chicanos don't really vote. We have a hard enough time filling out a census take. The focus should be on winning the Upper Midwest. They are doubting Trump already. Unsure. I actually think Mary Trump should be the VP Nominee lol. Anything to win.

by Anonymousreply 167July 26, 2020 3:05 AM

From today. The media will largely ignore this angle. Because Duckworth isn’t the right ethnicity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 27, 2020 3:11 AM

R166, I hope you’re right.

by Anonymousreply 169July 27, 2020 3:12 AM

R165, lol ok. For most intents and purposes, she’s white. Come on. Saying she’s mestizo is like saying Warren is Cherokee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 27, 2020 3:13 AM

Duckworth? Fine.

Anyone? Fine.

Seriously, we don't care. Just get to the voting, we'll deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 171July 27, 2020 3:16 AM

He may have a lot more leeway to pick someone he believes he can best work with, as opposed to someone who’ll mobilize progressives or the base.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 27, 2020 3:17 AM

What if Biden went back on his word and chose Bernie Sanders as his running mate?! I think that would clinch it for us. Trump does theatrics with his words, the press wouldn't hold Bidens word to the fire.

by Anonymousreply 173July 27, 2020 3:28 AM

Uh, it's not happening and he absolutely should never choose Bernie, ever.

by Anonymousreply 174July 27, 2020 3:33 AM

If he chose Bernout as his VP, I would take back everything I ever said about Joe not being senile. That's not the decision of someone with all his oars in the water.

by Anonymousreply 175July 27, 2020 3:41 AM

If all the qualified women die, he can pick Bernie. Otherwise, no.

by Anonymousreply 176July 27, 2020 4:31 AM

Who might remind him most of Beau?

by Anonymousreply 177July 27, 2020 4:38 AM

Pete before Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 178July 27, 2020 5:51 AM

Yeesh, it's not looking good for Harris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 27, 2020 1:41 PM

I don't understand why one would pick someone who already has a national profile, given that public opinion is likely already polarized about them. You'd think you'd want to pick an unknown, so that the campaign can amplify the points that it most wants to shape public opinion about her.

If you want a "do no harm" candidate, that necessarily means someone who is thus far among the least polarizing to the voting public (cf. the base).

The conventional wisdom is that "VP picks don't matter", but I think that's something like the early message that "wearing a mask can do more harm than good" - it sounds clever because it's counterintuitive, but in reality it's bullshit that has to be buttressed by intense statistical analyses, because it's contrary to common sense.

That doesn't mean it's wrong, but most likely it is, given that the simplest interpretation of matters (e.g., the media are obsessed with the VP pick because it could in fact matter, and voters might care about who might be president if Biden dies in office) seem to be more likely true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 27, 2020 2:00 PM

Bernie Bro spotted at r173.

That would just about be one of the DUMBEST things he could possibly do. Bernie is actually OLDER than Biden and has already had a heart attack. And people are worried about BIDEN surviving his term?

by Anonymousreply 181July 28, 2020 4:48 AM

Biden needs a VP who who will get along with him and work with him, to get his plans for America implemented. He doesn't need a VP shoving a boney finger in his face, yelling at him or sleeping instead of doing what he's supposed to do, like Bernout is known for.

I'm sure Joe will keep his number handy, in case he needs advice with naming any post offices. 👍

by Anonymousreply 182July 28, 2020 5:11 AM

Apparently it “must” be a Black woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 29, 2020 12:54 AM

I really like Val Demings

by Anonymousreply 184July 29, 2020 1:02 AM

I expect that Amy Klobuchar is going to be given a top Cabinet position. She dropped out of the Presidential race to get moderate voters consolidated behind Biden to beat Bernie. And then she took herself out of contention for VP to allow Biden to easily choose a person of color, even though she was probably Biden's first choice. He owes her.

by Anonymousreply 185July 29, 2020 1:04 AM

r183, Did you actually read the article?

She makes a good argument.

by Anonymousreply 186July 29, 2020 1:09 AM

R185, AG maybe?

by Anonymousreply 187July 29, 2020 1:35 AM

It's gonna be big Gretch!! Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan!

by Anonymousreply 188July 29, 2020 3:22 AM

Sadly I think it’s Harris. Ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 29, 2020 4:49 AM

r188, he's not picking a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 190July 29, 2020 7:23 AM

Black people will never vote for Trump, but if Biden doesn’t pick a black Veep, they might just not vote at all. I hope to god Kampala Harris gets it. She looks great and has lots of energy and that matters considering that Biden might well die of old age in office.

by Anonymousreply 191July 31, 2020 1:37 AM

I'd prefer: 1). Keisha 2). Val 3). Kamala

by Anonymousreply 192July 31, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote] She looks great and has lots of energy

So sexist. So shallow. You’re an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 193July 31, 2020 2:11 AM

Let’s pick a VP who will run for President in 2024 based on their looks and appearance. Because that worked out so well for John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 194July 31, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote]white, as well, but yeah, the media will act like she's mestizo

Mestizo doesn't mean brown. You can be white and be mestizo.

by Anonymousreply 195July 31, 2020 2:49 AM

R195, so she’s white. Thanks for confirming it.

by Anonymousreply 196July 31, 2020 3:33 AM

Duckworth won't be the pick.

by Anonymousreply 197July 31, 2020 3:44 AM

Duckworth doesn't have a leg to stand on.

by Anonymousreply 198August 1, 2020 1:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!