Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

List some positives about the pandemic.

Now when I complain about getting fat, I can say "I'd lose weight, but my gym is closed. Damn you, Coronavirus"

I was fat to begin with, and never went to the gym.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Saturday at 2:04 AM

When I don't want to see people, I can just say "I'm really just too nervous to get out yet - sorry!"

by Anonymousreply 107/12/2020

1. I don't have to listen to shitheads shrieking back and forth on speakerphones nearly as much.

2. My friend who always wants to go to the movies can't. So I don't have to worry about it.

3. I don't have to look at all the ugly Michael Kors merch on the bus.

4. I get many groceries delivered.

by Anonymousreply 207/12/2020

Getting out of jury duty due to a suppressed immune systrem.

by Anonymousreply 307/12/2020

I can get drunk every night, and don't have to worry about coming in to work with a hangover.

by Anonymousreply 407/12/2020

I can sleep later because my commute is non-existent. Can wear more casual/comfortable clothes.

by Anonymousreply 507/12/2020

I can wear shorts every day to work at my desk in my bedroom.

I no longer have to see annoying co-workers except during Zoom meetings. I also no longer have to make annoying small talk with co-workers I can't stand.

If I want to, I can sell my place and move somewhere else and continue to work remotely like I am now.

by Anonymousreply 607/12/2020

Social distancing is a dream come true!!!

by Anonymousreply 707/12/2020

It's not not having to commute, its nice to rarely do laundry because I don't wear work clothes. I guess it is nice I spend less money.

Other than that, thanks, I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 807/12/2020

I don’t have to deal with people.

I paid off my car and visa.

by Anonymousreply 907/12/2020

Husband and I fuck a lot more. Both 8 to 6 jobs and exhausted when we got home. Now, we’ve explored some kink.

by Anonymousreply 1007/12/2020

I've met someone whom I have an Unrequited love with... wait... that's problematic---SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 1107/12/2020

I only have to interact with co-workers through video meetings. I usually wear a nice shirt and underwear.

During one heated meeting that got too intense for me to excuse myself, I took a piss in a flower vase while nodding my head emphatically on the screen to simulate engagement and to minimize any expression of relief from emptying my very full bladder after drinking an entire pot of tea.

I saw the opportunity and seized it. My dog watched the entire operation and appeared traumatized, however.

I don't get to do that at meetings on site.

by Anonymousreply 1207/12/2020

R12 Best pandemic story I've read in a long time!

by Anonymousreply 1307/12/2020

Its given me time to think. As a multitasker with several projects going at the same time I've often spent less time reflecting than I ought to on the real priorities. The prospect of death, not to be morbid, has also helped.

by Anonymousreply 1407/12/2020

Contributed to the downfall of DJT

by Anonymousreply 1507/12/2020

Schitt’s Creek and Unorthodox

by Anonymousreply 1607/12/2020

Save a lot of money, Work from home, Canceled mandatory conventions (that I did not want to attend), More than enough sleep, Catch-up on TV shows/movies, Home projects, Weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 1707/12/2020

It may be the shock we need to understand that millions of people do not need to commute to a building in a filthy vehicle every day.

by Anonymousreply 1807/12/2020

R10 That's what I like to hear!

by Anonymousreply 1907/12/2020

I gained so much weight on top of my “overweight” frame that I was heading toward “obese” on the BMI scale. I realized fat people were dying more than anyone else, so I went on Jenny Craig. Lost 13 lbs since May. Would like to lose another 17 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 2007/12/2020

I’ve become a Gilligan's Island expert

by Anonymousreply 2107/12/2020

That’s great, R120! Happy for you.

I don’t work in an office anymore but I’m glad this is changing traditional office and corporate life which I always loathed.

by Anonymousreply 2207/12/2020

Catching up on sleep. Drinking gallons of green tea, white tea, green smoothies and disgusting kombucha so I can be immune to covid-19.

And binge-watching Intervention.

by Anonymousreply 2307/12/2020

The pandemic / quarantine / telework has oddly made me realize that retirement isn't anything I need to rush towards. This has sort of been like a dress rehearsal for me, and while I don't mind this abundance of downtime, days on end at home can get uninteresting.

I have a somewhat fun job, but still, heading into ones late 50's lunch conversations invariably go to, "What's the earliest I can retire and stay home??" Now I dont feel so compelled. Thanks Corona.

Of course once I'm back to 40 hours on-site again, I may forget this epiphany.

by Anonymousreply 2407/12/2020

I don't spend money going to bars

by Anonymousreply 2507/12/2020

"Lost 13 lbs since May. "

I found them, and wear them proudly. Thank you for your contribution to my girth.

by Anonymousreply 2607/13/2020

I’ve been working from home for the past 10 years and love it. Sadly, I can’t participate in the elation that some of you New WFH warriors are experiencing.

I did enjoy my 90 days furlough very much. As an introvert, that’s not very surprising. However, I’ve been back to work since last week and can feel the stress slowly creeping up. Not happy about that, but glad to be back at a job.

by Anonymousreply 2707/13/2020

I have purchased just ONE take-away meal in the last 12 weeks!

I am cooking and baking and have much more control of what I'm eating.

by Anonymousreply 2807/13/2020

We had about $300 (no joke) when the pandemic hit. I was driving Uber and gettin flat tires every other night. Now I have over $13,000 and I haven't worked a single day since. Unemployment + PUA + other grants have saved our lives. That $13000 is after paying off old debts plus I still have $8000 in backdated unemployment benefits coming. I know it sounds bad, but the pandemic changed our lives in a positive way. Of course, I wish 130,000 people didn't die and that I could see my friends, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2907/13/2020

Glad for you R29. It’s what government should do regularly for those who are struggling. Instead of spending billions on corporate tax breaks.

by Anonymousreply 3007/13/2020

My cheap nail salon is so spic and span you can eat off the floor. Also plastic dividers between stations and some weird jellyfish bladder in the pedicure tubs that they change out after each use. Everyone in masks. Limits of customers in shop. I was prepared to turn around and walk out if protocols were not in place, but was very impressed!

by Anonymousreply 3107/13/2020

Where I live we are required to wear masks in all public places, even outdoors. As a female, I like not having to wear make up now. Just put the mask on and I’m good to go. It saves a lot of time when I’m getting ready to go out.

I have gained 11 pounds however.. which sucks. I really need to get motivated and get back to my low carbing ways.

by Anonymousreply 3207/13/2020

The mystery of who played Beamish has been solved.

by Anonymousreply 3307/28/2020

I went out for groceries the other day and got cruised. HARD.

Before quarantine I was a 6.2 on a good day. But after 130 days of no hook-ups, I think 7 might be within my reach!

by Anonymousreply 3407/28/2020

No need to go outside in our brutal summer heat, having to slather on sunscreen, etc. Loving grocery delivery. My cooking skills have vastly improved - I never ate so much fresh veg and variety of meals.

by Anonymousreply 3507/28/2020

Eating a lot, watching dozens of movies and series, wearing comfy clothes like shorts and a T, not caring about how I look because no one sees me other than close family (no makeup, no bra, no shoes since March), and staying up as late as I want because I don't have to be up for my commute to work..just over to the computer and I'm there.

Oh, AND not having to make small talk in social situations. In fact, loving not having to socialize.

by Anonymousreply 3607/28/2020

No commute gives me time for a walk or bike ride. I’m getting outdoors more than ever. Also I eat gummy bears and don’t worry about the morning work.

by Anonymousreply 3707/28/2020

More time for reading.

Love curbside pickup. No in-store shoppers to deal with, no "sorry, we're out" or "we don't carry that here"

Less traffic!

by Anonymousreply 3807/28/2020

I don't have to see anybody, which is fantastic. Only do laundry maybe every two weeks, haven't worn a suit in 4 months. Actually managed to finish knitting something I started ~2 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3907/28/2020

R12 😂

by Anonymousreply 4007/28/2020

I didn’t have to see my trumpy sister in law and horrid children at their son’s HS graduation (can’t travel sorry!)

Looking forward to my first Thanksgiving w/o a ton of family I don’t want to see in YEARS!

Oh happy day.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Wednesday at 8:43 AM

Canceled Equinox membership.

Can cover face in public w/o looking weird.

Introvert, and it's finally ok to stay home.

Don't have to talk to any one face-to-face.

Instagram whores aren't showing off exotic locations as much, and when they do, they look even stupider and more selfish.

More people eating Beyond Meat and the like - vegan foods.

Decreased carbon emissions.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Wednesday at 8:57 AM

That THIS METAPHOR OF A WALKING ASSHOLE just tested positive. He got bagged just before leaving on a flight to Texas, with the OTHER METAPHOR OF A WALKING ASSHOLE, trump.

And not for nothing; this R-pug is 66? Evil and hate manifested outward.

I'll be on the lookout for his obituary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43Last Wednesday at 10:39 AM

I come to my completely empty office every day, and don't have to see any of the employees, most of whom I loathe.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Wednesday at 2:37 PM

Freeballing.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Wednesday at 3:12 PM

Won’t have to travel for Thanksgiving or Christmas, for the first time in decades. I can’t wait to kick back with a microwave turkey dinner and a glass of wine all by myself.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Wednesday at 5:48 PM

I am learning about meal planning and baking because I have purchased just TWO take-away meals since the first week of March!

by Anonymousreply 47Last Wednesday at 6:16 PM

R45 - I thought I was the only one free balling. I haven’t worn underwear since March. I think my balls hang lower now though.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Thursday at 5:50 AM

R48 I've worn underwear maybe 5 times since March. I'm sure my balls have descended, too, but oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Thursday at 6:02 AM

I wear boxers in the house, where I am all the time, so I consider it freeballing.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Thursday at 6:07 AM

this celebration of the lazy life at home will back fire. But enjoy it kiddos while you can

by Anonymousreply 51Last Thursday at 6:19 AM

R51 as long as people are more careful and less fearful (understand the virus), this celebration is nothing to fear.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Thursday at 10:23 AM

My dog loves that I’m home all the damn time.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Thursday at 5:39 PM

Even once theater comes back, stage-dooring will be dead

by Anonymousreply 54Last Thursday at 6:32 PM

I didn’t have to kiss up to the boss by buying boxes of her kid’s Girl Scout cookies this year.

by Anonymousreply 55Last Thursday at 7:08 PM

Trumpsters are dying by the thousands because they refuse to wear masks.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Friday at 4:17 AM

r53 Your dog thinks you quit your job just so you could spend more time with him. Your cat thinks you were fired like the loser she always knew you were.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Friday at 4:30 AM

I watch 'Public Freakout' on Reddit and there's been 5 examples during the pandemic of men walking nude in the streets.

Only two of them have been attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58Last Friday at 9:05 PM

We sell fireworks and our sales were 4 times last year's.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Friday at 9:11 PM

Since they’re too stupid to wear masks or social distance, the virus makes a great “Repug-remover”. Gets rid of those stubborn stains.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Saturday at 2:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!