Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mueller Speaks

He writes an Oped that defends his report. It's in tomorrow's Wash Post. It looks like he defends his report, goes through it again, talks about Roger Stone. I'm sure it could be stronger but it's better than nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2020 4:02 PM

Current New Yorker has article on how badly Mueller messed up the investigation and report. I do think history will determine how much he failed the nation. This "careful" op ed pushing back is hardly much, hardly enough to restore respect.

This from the end of the New Yorker article:

[ quote ] Robert Mueller forfeited the opportunity to speak clearly and directly about Trump’s crimes, and Barr filled the silence with his high-volume exoneration. Mueller’s investigation was no witch hunt; his report was, ultimately, a surrender.

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2020 2:04 AM

Mueller, that limb noodle who let his fellow Republicans walk all over him? Sure, I just can't wait what he has to say.

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2020 2:24 AM

Mueller had his chance to help save his country and he failed. Not interested in his excuses.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2020 3:18 AM

NOW a warning???

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2020 3:24 AM

[quote] but it's better than nothing.

Not really.

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2020 3:26 AM

R1 Great article. Written by Jeffrey Toobin.

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2020 3:31 AM

Too little, too late. How brave of him to write this op-ed now that Trump's ratings are circling down the toilet and other GOP rats have also started jumping the ship.

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2020 3:54 AM

Good for him! Bob Mueller still has his balls.

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2020 5:02 AM

Breaking the silence. When Mattis finally broke his silence and came out with an op-ed last month, the public embraced it as if he was delivering words from on high. Now Bob Mueller is being criticized for keeping silent too long? Mueller believed his report would speak for itself but how many people actually read it? Most wanted a one page synopsis and that didn't happen. Mueller (and Mattis) believed we were intelligent enough to read and understand what was happening around us. Obviously, many of us weren't.

Fuck it. What did you want him to do?

by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2020 5:10 AM

And now Senator Graham is willing to let him testify. Is Mueller being set up?

by Anonymousreply 10July 12, 2020 8:55 PM

Does anyone else remember how everyone said he was silent because he was so smart, so efficient, that he would deliver... oh just wait for Mueller and his report... The savior we relied on while nothing else was done.

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2020 6:39 AM

He will go down in history as covering up both 9/11 and Russia’s takeover of America. A traitor who deserves the firing squad.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2020 6:42 AM

too little too late, ur a pussy man for not doin more to get this shit out there and whuppin trumps ass

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2020 7:15 AM

Oh?

Whatever happened to "My report speaks for itself"... "My report speaks for itself"... "My report speaks for itself"...

Creep acted like he resented having to answer questions before congress. The american people paid that b!tch to do a job and inform us to the fullest possible extent.

He wouldn't even force Trump to sit for a single in-person interview because it would've taken 'a long time' to force him to interview due to legal challenges.

That'd be nice for the rest of us to try when we're suspected of felonies. "Oh, you don't actually *want* to answer questions? Well, that's a different story then. We'll just drop the case if you can jot down some written answers... you know, at your leisure. Thanks, former suspect! Best wishes!"

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2020 7:18 AM

Fuck this coward.

All Republicans are different shades of the same piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2020 7:22 AM

I can't believe this spineless puppet can say this with a straight face: "When important decisions had to be made, I made them. I did so as I have always done, without any interest in currying favor or fear of the consequences. I stand by those decisions and by the conclusions of our investigation.” Bill Barr has his hand so far up Mueller's ass I can see his fat sausage fingers whenever Mueller opens his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2020 7:32 AM

People want an easy fix, R11, and they wanted to believe the system worked. You'd get screamed at and called a troll and FFed into a ban if you dared mention that Mueller was a Repug and you can't trust any Repugs, at all, ever.

Think about all the "good men" in Trump's cabinet in the early days that people swore up and down would rein him in or spill the beans and take him down. None of them did, because their devotion to the party FAR outweighs their devotion to the country.

The only one who has been forthright is Michael Cohen. He's scum but he's told the truth about Trump. No one else did, not even Stormy Daniels, also a Repug, whose bio included stupid lies about HRC plotting with Trump to fix the 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2020 7:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2020 7:55 AM

Has the Mueller Report been released?

Have the chapter synopses, specifically written with all the top secret information removed, been released?

Has Barr’s *summation* of the chapter synopses been released?

Only the last one.

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2020 2:32 PM

Mueller & Comey should both be strung up side by side.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2020 2:34 PM

For all the right-wing propaganda about the Deep State, the federal government, particularly the F.B.I., is a deeply conservative institution dedicated to protecting the status and privileges of the presidency rather than overthrowing it, and the fact that it keeps incompetent and criminal presidents in place alongside the capable and honorable ones is just one of the paradoxes of this crazy country.

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2020 2:40 PM

I was cuntingly disappointed in Mueller - he had the opportunity to state extremely clearly what the report found in digestible, TV-friendly soundbites and he blew it. In a way, it backfired and did Trump a favour. He can fuck all the way off now and never trouble public life again.

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2020 3:03 PM

Remember sometime during the months of the Mueller investigation—when we were still hopeful that it would amount to something—Bill Barr’s name came up to replace that Keebler elf Sessions and people were concerned because of his Opus Dei connection and we were reassured that he would be fair because after all, he and Mueller were LONG TIME FRIENDS and we trusted Mueller and believed he was going to come through for us....

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2020 12:13 AM

Muller decided to play the boy scout when he was surrounded by criminals and sycophants who will support Trump without decisive determination. Both Muller and Comey failed the country big time.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2020 12:27 AM

Never trust a Republican. Period!

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2020 12:28 AM

Read this book instead:

Andrew Weissmann, “Where Law Ends: Inside the Mueller Investigation”

He was one of the lead prosecutors on Mueller’s team.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2020 4:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!