Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How long before they lock everything down again?

Well?

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2020 4:36 PM

I think it depends on where you are or talking about.

by Anonymousreply 1July 11, 2020 3:57 AM

I don’t think it’s going to work unless you shot down the whole country and stamp it out to levels where you can contact trace and THEN open.

That is what we should have done.

by Anonymousreply 2July 11, 2020 4:00 AM

Shut

by Anonymousreply 3July 11, 2020 4:04 AM

It's a valid question but it makes no sense to have a poll.

by Anonymousreply 4July 11, 2020 4:04 AM

Why should anything lock down, OP? We have cases all over the place, and most of the cases immediately get better, they are people, young people, they have sniffles and two days later they are fine and they are not sick to start. In fact, 99% of Covid-19 cases are totally harmless!

by Anonymousreply 5July 11, 2020 4:06 AM

Georgia won't until they start dumping the dead on the lawn of the governor's mansion.

by Anonymousreply 6July 11, 2020 4:11 AM

This is all local. Some states never really opened. Here in Jersey we never opened any indoor dining or bars, gyms never opened. It never really opened back up.

by Anonymousreply 7July 11, 2020 4:12 AM

99% of cases aren't harmless. 20% of cases need oxygen and end up in hospital emergency rooms.

by Anonymousreply 8July 11, 2020 4:13 AM

Uh, that was a direct Trump quote, R8. From his Hannity interview [bold]yesterday[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 9July 11, 2020 4:18 AM

20% aren't hospitalized. Those were numbers from very early on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 11, 2020 4:21 AM

People won't put up with being locked up anymore. We've made progress and it's time to move on but be sensible about it.

by Anonymousreply 11July 11, 2020 4:21 AM

We won’t. We should have done that before but we didn’t. Now we’re at the point of no return. They botched the opening. Badly. Now our economy is fucked. We’re fucked.

by Anonymousreply 12July 11, 2020 4:22 AM

Once you let the horse out of the barn it's hard to get him back in it again.

by Anonymousreply 13July 11, 2020 4:23 AM

R11 except we didn’t make progress you dipshit. Look around. Over 70,000 new cases today. Even Mississippi is crying uncle. You’re a stupid pos. Full steam ahead with stupidity should be your motto.

by Anonymousreply 14July 11, 2020 4:25 AM

I say two weeks tops.

Believe me, the White House is going to keep trying this ‘open everything up’ thing until enough people realize this is a ‘Heavens Gate’ situation.

The wise people will not drink the kool-aid.

Turn off any communication coming from the feds. If you, do not read or listen or watch anything that is coming from their brainwashing operation.

You have to shut it out. Don’t let it in. Even if you don’t believe it, it’s still seeping in.

by Anonymousreply 15July 11, 2020 4:28 AM

In L.A., I think it could happen soon given that we are apparently the problem child of the state.

by Anonymousreply 16July 11, 2020 4:30 AM

If they ever lock the country down again, there will be a riot like this country has never seen.

People have had it already.

by Anonymousreply 17July 11, 2020 4:30 AM

Don’t read the tweets, don’t listen to the press conferences, or spin, don’t read their “leaks”.

Just go with you gut. It is the only way to survive this. You might lose loved ones....if they are fully brainwashed from social media Etc..., if they are truly gone, then you have to save yourself.

by Anonymousreply 18July 11, 2020 4:30 AM

I think that when this is all said and done that Georgia will be the absolute worst.

by Anonymousreply 19July 11, 2020 4:34 AM

Then Floriduh will be a close second.

by Anonymousreply 20July 11, 2020 4:46 AM

It's interesting how Trump has so vehemently repeated "There isn't going to be another lockdown" I do believe he is finally getting close to formally parting ways with Dr. Faucci, after the doctor's statements to media yesterday and today.

Faucci was asked, (or told) not to go on television, and to clear his statements to the media in a teleconference with the Orange Anus first. Faucci has been quite diplomatic up until now, and some may say too diplomatic, as kissing Trump's arse has done nothing to safeguard public health.

Faucci also stated that he hasn't formally briefed the beast on COVID in a little over two months now. He hasn't personally even spoke to him since the end of May.

Whether individual states go ahead and close businesses again, or not, Trump will not be advising this, defending this, or even be supporting this. That much is certain.

by Anonymousreply 21July 11, 2020 5:10 AM

Check back with us in a week, r21.

by Anonymousreply 22July 11, 2020 5:11 AM

R22 You really believe Trump will have an epiphany of some sort? I'm not counting on it. I'm not even certain Trump has the intellectual capacity to understand what he has been briefed on up till now.

As I said, States and their governors shall do things, as needed... that I have some faith in. Trump, not a chance.

Trump recently said just last week "There isn't going to be a second lockdown". He's not going to have any part in sanctioning it. He's much to proud and stupid to go back on his word. Tonight he repeated to news presenters that "America is winning, and it's only a few isolated areas with the flare-up, and we're going to get control of that soon". I saw coverage of this on BBC, CNN, & MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 23July 11, 2020 5:19 AM

Stupid people will kill hundreds of thousands. This is a world war and we are losing. Trump has no plans to stop it, never did, he's openly spreading it. They're already flaunting a "Live with it" message and downplaying and lying about the very real danger. A new deadly virus with long reaching effects for those who seem to recover. Even if Biden wins there will be 5 or 6 MORE months of uncontrolled spread and hell. The sick and dead count will continue and will be unstoppable. Long after Trump is gone the virus will be with us, for years. It takes 10 to 15 years to find a vaccine. Or longer. Or never. Did anybody cure HIV yet? We have a shit society of idiots who will ensure the spread. No masks, they don't care. Like Trump, they're sadists. Americans are uniquely selfish, entitled, and worst of all, actually proud of their ignorance. It's going to get a lot worse for a long time. A long time. Thanks conservatives. You've fucked us once again.

by Anonymousreply 24July 11, 2020 5:22 AM

Most Western states are going back to locking down again.

Even Nevada, which has the most to lose, has closed up their bars again because of the rising number of cases.

by Anonymousreply 25July 11, 2020 10:26 PM

Good summation of the impasse and disconnect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 12, 2020 12:52 AM

[quote]I think that when this is all said and done that Georgia will be the absolute worst.

Georgia was the first state to ignore the guidelines and open everything back up, so it serves them right.

by Anonymousreply 27July 12, 2020 12:55 AM

R22 Well, I gave it a few weeks, and no such lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2020 4:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!