Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump- “SCHOOLS MUST OPEN IN THE FALL!!!”

Ok... he is stupid. He doesn’t even give context or reasoning to why he is tweeting this, he just tweets it. That drives me nuts.

And LOL - Dr. David Samadi “ There is no medical or scientific reason for schools to stay closed in the fall.”

How about, people are dying?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377September 24, 2020 7:08 PM

THE PEOPLE MUST VOTE IN FALL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1July 6, 2020 7:03 PM

He's trying to distract from all the other disgusting things he's being called out for. And also trying to kill us all.

by Anonymousreply 2July 6, 2020 7:07 PM

He gave two speeches this weekend focused on random acts of vandalism against statues.

Meanwhile COVID and social justice protests

by Anonymousreply 3July 6, 2020 7:14 PM

Yes, people are dying every day. What's so special about the corona deaths anyway?

by Anonymousreply 4July 6, 2020 7:16 PM

A normal president would instruct his Secretary of Education to work with local school districts to coordinate openings of school on a national basis.

But our abnormal president is more concerned about inanimate objects like statues, and his Secretary of Education is too busy raising funds to supply arms to her GI Joe mercenary brother.

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2020 7:17 PM

I know a teacher who was told by her parents and friends they couldn’t see her during the school year due to her being constantly exposed the virus around hundreds of students and faculty.

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2020 7:23 PM

Europe as opened schools but testing kids every 4 days.

You can't just open schools without a strong testing plan

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2020 7:31 PM

He is completely correct. An entire generation of kids are going to be a full year of classes behind if we don't reopen schools. It would be a fucking disaster.

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2020 7:33 PM

R8 no he’s not. We understand this is a terrible situation for students. But for a lot of the country this is a logistical nightmare and will only lead to a super spreading events. There is just no way to do it safely while our numbers are so high in a lot of states. There are going to be places where they can go back to school safely but in a lot of the country right now I don’t see how that is possible. They are potentially going to spread this back to family members who will spread it at work it’s just a nightmare scenario.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2020 7:36 PM

R9 It is not a nightmare scenario, calm your titties down. We're going to be fine.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2020 7:37 PM

How many kids have died of corona that ,ales closing schools necessary?

More kids are in danger being stuck at home in abusive home situations. He’s right, open schools in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2020 7:41 PM

I think Trump’s trying to murder teachers

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2020 7:45 PM

Oh for fuck's sake.

Mr. I Don't Read My Daily Presidential Security Brief has no business telling anyone about school. The only he's ever willingly read is "My New Order" by Adolph Hitler.

With the 'rona on the rise in 40 states, re-opening schools in the Fall is unlikely because it's unsafe.

As for the person who asked "how many children have actually died of coronavirus" I'm not sure. Some. The point is no how many of them have died but how many other people they infected. No one knows the answer to that but we're talking about a lot of potential spreaders. Also, you need a shrink.

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2020 7:48 PM

*book

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2020 7:49 PM

a teacher pointed out that a member of the household has it or in contact that they are out 14 days, along with the whole household. if any other member has this happen later, it starts for the family members all over again.

no pay unless you have banked a bunch of sick days too.

by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2020 7:51 PM

[quote] He is completely correct. An entire generation of kids are going to be a full year of classes behind if we don't reopen schools. It would be a fucking disaster.

Um, no, R8.

Sounds like you are the “see no virus”, “have no virus” brigade. Unless YOU or one of YOUR loved ones comes down with the disease.

And then what happens when you can’t breathe?

Most everyone goes to the hospital. And like you, they are “shocked” when it happens.

With numbers rising, testing limited, and the US government woefully unprepared to handle straightforward governmental issues - let alone a global pandemic - your comments are what non-Americans classify as “American ignorance run amuck”.

It’s exhausting and frustrating to hear you spout your stupidity when my colleagues and I end up caring for people like you who are far-removed from what’s happening in the trenches.

There have been multiple cases of virus-deniers/“open everything up, this is nonsense!”, who end up in the ER with corona. (Herman Cain is one recently in the public sphere, but there have been over 20 we’ve treated locally in the last week.)

Their bravado and “don’t panic or worry” platitudes go right down the drain when they are struggling to catch their breath. You should see their faces. It’s not pleasant.

My apologies for the tirade. But I am tired. The USA has 4% of the world’s population and 25% rate. We’re flailing. And it’s people like you, R8, who contribute to the morass of idiocy here.

by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2020 7:54 PM

If the students never returned to school they still wouldn't be as stupid as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2020 7:56 PM

R16 Were you out in your scrubs rubbing shoulders with the masses for something more important than the pandemic? I think school is more important than protesting.

Kindly shut the fuck up with your unearned moral superiority. Life has to go on at some point.

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2020 8:01 PM

[quote] It is not a nightmare scenario, calm your titties down. We're going to be fine.

R10, see R16.

Also, would encourage you to expand your frontal lobe. Beyond surviving the virus, talk to at least 10 people who have experienced it. Speak with them about their chronic sequelae. How long will their sequelae last? Then get back to us.

Since you seem to know all about Covid-19, tell us all about the teens and infants who are developing virus pathologies.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2020 8:04 PM

The kids are fine. They can go to school.

It’s more important for our at risk kids to be in school. And by at risk I don’t mean corona. I mean the poor kids in bad homes with bad parents. Those kids aren’t learning online...they are just trying to survive. School is a good place for them to be.

I feel for the kids in abusive homes. Kids aren’t dying from corona. They are being told to wear masks in schools. They need to be in school. Trump is right.

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2020 8:04 PM

Again, the Repugs only goal is to kill as many people as possible.

Dump handled the pandemic response to ensure both maximum death and maximum damage to our economy.

These trolls are just sweeping up the remains for him.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2020 8:06 PM

[quote] Were you out in your scrubs rubbing shoulders with the masses for something more important than the pandemic? I think school is more important than protesting.

Have not been to a protest one, R18.

Too busy taking care of people like you. In the hospital. Day and night.

Cleaning up messes from some like yourself who advocate ignoring what is happening within human bodies as a result of the coronavirus.

Please don’t go around spreading more: virus or ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2020 8:08 PM

For ANYONE to feel any level of security, testing has to be ramped up and found for free on every street corner, every store, every school.

Sure, kids need to go to school but they go home to their older parents and grandparents.

test constantly

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2020 8:12 PM

schools are going to be a mess.

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2020 8:12 PM

Plus, while the children may not be affected as easily, they are carriers.

What about the teachers, administration, janitors, coaches, etc? They're all adults

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2020 8:13 PM

I’m getting sick and tired of the open everything up people. We see how great that worked out this last time we did the same. Kids may not be getting sick but they’re going to be super spreaders you ignorant dumb fucks. Teachers are going to get it other faculty members are going to get it kids are going to spread it at home their parents are going to then take it to work. Do you see what we’re talking about you idiots? We are nowhere near the level we need to be as other countries are at to safely open up schools. And Harris County alone which is home to Houston the positivity rate is 25%. You think it safe to open up schools in the county that has a positivity rate of 25%?

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2020 8:14 PM

Almost all kids who have been abused were in school during their abused childhoods.

The schools are not going to be open in the Fall. We have millions of infections in the US and it's growing by 50,000 a day (at least). A chunk of the population, who apparently wishes death on the rest, go maskless and don't support testing/tracing/isolation/treatment. That's the way smart countries control the virus and we continue to NOT do it.

No way the schools open in the Fall. It would be just about as successful as this fucking disaster of a "re-opening" we've just been through, only to have to immediately shut down again. Fucking disaster.

by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2020 8:18 PM

Most of the people yelling "open up" or "stay shut" don't really know what they are talking about. I'm part of a task force in my state that has been gathering facts about the issue. Here are a few, in no particular order:

1. There is no clear data on child transmission of Covid19, because the data was lumped into a single category "under 20."

2. Anecdotal observations suggest that children don't spread the virus as easily as older people do. That is not to say that they cannot or don't spread it, but there are few documented cases of people getting infected from their children. It appears that the likelihood of transmitting the virus to others increases with age, with high school students being a greater risk than elementary students.

3. The greatest health risk at reopened schools appears to be to the school's staff. Plans to have smaller classes or to have students divided into groups who come at different times/days still expose staff to the same number of children -just not all at once. The risk becomes the same.

4. Many, perhaps most, schools do not have the budget necessary to provide the regular deep cleaning required to disinfect classrooms and other areas like cafeterias, libraries, front office, etc. Most states are proposing massive budget cuts to education due to lost revenues, which exacerbates the problem.

5. An outbreak would force a school, or a number of classrooms, to close for 14 days -causing a huge disruption to the programs and legal requirements for equity of access to education. An outbreak is defined as more than two related cases within a group or area. If three kids come down sick in a school, contact tracing would need to reveal that there were connections that offered potential exposure. If the three students were in K, 3, and 5th grade, never shared a room, table, playground equipment, etc. then no outbreak would be declared. HOWEVER, if subsequently others in their classrooms got sick the contact tracing increases exponentially. After a 14 at-home period everyone is back, and the whole process could repeat.

by Anonymousreply 28July 6, 2020 8:18 PM

6. Federal and state governments have not indicated that they are going to relax any educational guidelines for ensuring equity of access, time, or support systems. Nor have they issued any clear guidelines for how to maintain those things doing this crisis. If a child normally works with a speech therapist, that therapy must be provided by law. In order to provide services they typically cannot, nor can students, wear masks. In order to provide services online there are requirements for securing VPNs and other technical resources that many districts do not currently provide (too expensive). If the speech teacher provides the services anyway, they are liable to lose their professional license. If they don't fulfill the required minutes of their students' IEPs they are also subject to heavy penalties.

7. Current recommendations call for daily health screenings of all who come on campus. Aside from the logistics, this is problematic because most screenings don't tell you what you need to know. Fever is a common symptom of Covid19, but 30% of known cases did not exhibit temperatures more than a few tenths of a degree above normal. The presence of a fever could be flu or other illness. Latest info shows the common symptoms of Covid19 include fever, chills, body aches, sore throat, coughing, loss of sense of taste/smell, stomach cramps, diarrhea , and... If you've ever been to an elementary school health office, you'll know that those are present every single day. And, of course, there are a number of people who are completely asymptomatic, meaning they carry the virus, but have no symptoms -But they can infect others. There is also the issue that people who are infected, and will go on to get sick themselves, have a 10-12 day window where they can spread the virus to others, thinking they are not ill themselves.

8. Even removing all extraneous furniture (book cases, computers, reading tables, teacher desk, etc.) from a typical classroom doesn't create enough space for 6-foot social distancing of 30 students. It is not physically possible. Without social distancing, the efficacy of wearing masks is negatively impacted.

I could go on, but the point should be clear: Schools are not prepared to open safely in the fall. There is insufficient space, personnel, and money. While the majority of children's lives may not be at risk, some children, and a lot of staff members will get Covid19 -and many will die or suffer lifelong disabilities. The lack of federal leadership, guidelines, and most important, FUNDING makes the next school year a deadly crap shoot. Many teachers are now asking for schools to remain closed until their counties report a 14-day period of ZERO new Covid19 cases. That is possible if we follow guidelines for PPE and social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 29July 6, 2020 8:19 PM

It's way more complicated than Dump or the hysterics in this thread seem to realize. Keep schools closed or in a virtual configuration and poor kids suffer. Open the schools and maybe everyone gets sick. Or maybe parents still keep kids at home. No one knows what's going to happen, or should happen. I'm a teacher and I think the answer is virtual learning. But I teach at a fancy private school where that will work. r28-r29 is correct. It's a mess. Ignoring Trump rather than reacting to every dumb thing he says is probably wise for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 30July 6, 2020 8:23 PM

I'm sick and tired of jack asses like Trump, DeSantis, Abbott, R18 and R20 being pandemic experts, when they collectively don't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

by Anonymousreply 31July 6, 2020 8:26 PM

Kids in Republican states will go back to classes in Aug.-Sep. with lots of screeching but little event. There will be minor outbreaks but no grand society-halting doomsday.

Kids in Democratic states will go back to zoom classes of they're rich, e-mailed worksheets if they're middle class, or cartoons if they're poor.

Which is better for the country as a whole?

by Anonymousreply 32July 6, 2020 8:35 PM

This doesn't surprise, Trump does not care about the welfare of Americans.

by Anonymousreply 33July 6, 2020 8:35 PM

[quote] Which is better for the country as a whole?

Neither, since your scenarios come out of your ass, not the real world

by Anonymousreply 34July 6, 2020 8:38 PM

Why can't someone just shove Dump down a flight of stairs?

by Anonymousreply 35July 6, 2020 8:40 PM

From the beginning, the Republicans have been downplaying this virus.

They’ve been consistently wrong.

Yet they expect us to believe their “schools will be fine” bullshit now.

Just because your base is stupid doesn’t mean the rest of us are.

by Anonymousreply 36July 6, 2020 8:43 PM

You all are causing so much suffering and heartache clinging to your doomsday scenarios. Pretending to have empathy while doing it, too. Ghouls.

by Anonymousreply 37July 6, 2020 8:45 PM

Who are you addressing, R37? Are you so deluded to think lefty sarcasm is worse than rightwing Nazi mass death by Trumpian intentional negligence?

If so, you're a tool.

by Anonymousreply 38July 6, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote] You all are causing so much suffering and heartache clinging to your doomsday scenarios. Pretending to have empathy while doing it, too. Ghouls.

When you idiots tried this nonsense early in the pandemic, it was eye-rolling. Now that you’ve been proven wrong, by over 130,000 dead so far and counting, it’s just grotesque.

At this point, you all have murdered so many people with your evil bullshit that it’s not funny anymore.

You are an evil person, and you have blood on your hands. How many dead bodies is enough for you?

by Anonymousreply 39July 6, 2020 9:01 PM

Schools re-opened in Europe months ago. They were hit much harder than we have been.

by Anonymousreply 40July 6, 2020 9:10 PM

[quote] Schools re-opened in Europe months ago. They were hit much harder than we have been.

You a walking example of a logical fallacy.

by Anonymousreply 41July 6, 2020 9:17 PM

^^^are

by Anonymousreply 42July 6, 2020 9:19 PM

It seems that most parents absolutely loathe being around their kids with no breaks. I think that this is the real motivation behind pushing for schools to open next month.

by Anonymousreply 43July 6, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote] Schools re-opened in Europe months ago. They were hit much harder than we have been.

They also reduced their curves. The US has not.

by Anonymousreply 44July 6, 2020 9:23 PM

The school system is a huge part of our society. They’re as essential as hospitals or nursing homes are. They’re a place where a big percentage of our population go to be taken care of while the other part does the work.

They can’t just disappear.

by Anonymousreply 45July 6, 2020 9:40 PM

They’re not going to just disappear

They will reopen when it is safe. It is not going to be safe for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 46July 6, 2020 9:42 PM

If you Repugs hadn’t fucked up the pandemic response so badly, we could be opening our schools again by the fall too.

by Anonymousreply 47July 6, 2020 9:46 PM

[quote] You all are causing so much suffering and heartache clinging to your doomsday scenarios. Pretending to have empathy while doing it, too. Ghouls.

Democide, R37. Look. It. Up.

Trump et al (and you are included), actions and words have led to democide already.

And you are an advocate for FURTHER democide. You all have No Empathy. Advocate Suffering. And fail to recognize how much of a colossal blunder the USA has made of this pandemic in contrast to other countries. Opening schools when virus numbers are escalating would ONLY add to increasing numbers.

Are you deaf? Blind?

Or just dumb?

R39 is correct.

YOU are the “ghoul”.

by Anonymousreply 48July 6, 2020 9:56 PM

R47 Thank you for saying that. That is exactly the issue -Republicans have so messed up the re-opening that we are seeing huge spikes in our most populous states as well as others. Having seen huge cases of irresponsibility over the Fourth of July holiday you can bet schools will not be safe to open until probably early 2021.

There’s far too much uncertainty about this virus and far too much risk in sending students back being in small buildings by the hundreds and sometimes thousands. That just does not sound safe. How can a teacher be expected to visit their parents or friends when they know they’re in constant risk of being exposed?

by Anonymousreply 49July 6, 2020 9:57 PM

Does he have a plan that prioritizes safety? If not, he should shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 50July 6, 2020 9:58 PM

r45 is correct. It's not clear what the "republican" and "democrat" preferences are in this situation. Open schools so parents can go back to work and help the economy would be a Republican position. Open schools so children get much-needed social services, including meals, would be a Demorcratic position. It's not at all clear which states are going to pursue which policies. Education in the US is very decentralized, a decision that was deliberately made early in our development. Other countries can coordinate a more effective national response because schools are under the control of the central government. Trump is a moron and will no doubt ignore the best interests of the country. But it's not clear what those are or how the federal government could even achieve such a thing if there was broad agreement.

by Anonymousreply 51July 6, 2020 10:00 PM

School meals have continued during the pandemic.

It is not a “Demorcratic” position to put children at danger. That’s on the Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 52July 6, 2020 10:03 PM

We all know it’s best to have them in school. It’s just not safe. It will cause great harm but so would a huge spike in cases. We all know there will be a shut down of schools at some point and also all the times a teacher, student or other school personnel gets the virus that will be a huge disruption. Who is going to want to sub? This virus usually puts people down for 2 to 3 weeks minimum if they show symptoms. Every cold and sniffle is going to make for paranoia and testing which will cause even more days of absences for teachers. And students. There isn’t enough money or time to open up safely and effectively. You’re putting teacher’s lives at risk the most. Students will be super spreaders and their parents will take it to places they work. What a nightmare which could have been avoided with competent federal leadership plus competent leadership from businesses.

by Anonymousreply 53July 6, 2020 10:32 PM

most subs are retired teachers, many with medical issues.

by Anonymousreply 54July 6, 2020 10:37 PM

R52 In danger of what? The health official upthread even said that children almost never contract the virus or show symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 55July 6, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote] Every cold and sniffle is going to make for paranoia and testing which will cause even more days of absences for teachers.

In the weeks leading up to the quarantine, this was a huge problem. Some teachers would overreact and kick kids out of the room for blowing their nose. Some kids would play it up so they'd get sent home. Kids who had had minor ailments and who wanted to return weren't allowed to because the school wanted to err on the side of caution. I really think we are going to be online for the foreseeable future. You can't force parents to send their kids to school if they don't feel it's safe.

by Anonymousreply 56July 6, 2020 10:41 PM

R55 of becoming orphans. Or killing granny. Imagine if they contract flu and coronavirus at the same time? There is too much we don’t know about this disease. The risk is far too high. Could it be that a lot of kids have not been exposed to high viral loads? Or could it be that the long-term consequences to their body and their organs have not been fully studied yet because this is such a new hint novel virus?

by Anonymousreply 57July 6, 2020 10:42 PM

Some places will be able to safely reopen but many will not. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 58July 6, 2020 10:44 PM

So far, every time the Repugs have said “don’t worry, it’ll be okay”, not only have they been wrong, but people have died. In large numbers.

Now they want to kill teachers.

by Anonymousreply 59July 6, 2020 10:44 PM

NC gop just sent something out that they will send schools "starter kits" of ppe and then nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 60July 6, 2020 10:46 PM

It is going to be funny when Melania refuses to send Barron to school.

by Anonymousreply 61July 6, 2020 10:53 PM

Trump just wants us to pretend everything’s normal again without his doing anything to stem the epidemic.

He’s that desperate to be re-elected

by Anonymousreply 62July 7, 2020 12:31 AM

I agree r62. He just wants the appearance of normal while some of the biggest red states are on fire. He’s been wrong on this pandemic from Day 1. He’s going to cause so much more damage. You’d think these idiot conservatives would be the first screaming for masks and all safety measures to get us back to some normalcy but nooooooo. They fuck that up like they do everything else.

by Anonymousreply 63July 7, 2020 12:46 AM

r60 The educators should let them know that the onsite fulfillment of their job responsibilities will last as long as the PPE provided lasts.

by Anonymousreply 64July 7, 2020 1:56 AM

I worry about students getting it and bringing it home. People at home get it and go to work to spread it further. Only if the virus is back close to baseline should students go back to school. Who wants a bunch of orphans or kids in foster care because their parent is in the ICU.

by Anonymousreply 65July 7, 2020 2:06 AM

Trump sends out an angry tweet about schools opening. Then, that idiot Ronald McDonald down in Florida announces that the schools are going to be open throughout his state. DiSantis cheated to win his election and Trump owns him because of that information. Now, little kids have to die because DiSantis has been blackmailed.

This is what Florida politics are all about.

by Anonymousreply 66July 7, 2020 2:32 AM

If we open the schools, can we force Betsy DeVos to go on a nationwide tour where she visits schools, and gets tied to a chair in the gymnasium and the students line up and cough on her?

by Anonymousreply 67July 7, 2020 2:45 AM

Does anyone know if we're still in the first wave, or is this officially the second wave?

by Anonymousreply 68July 7, 2020 3:04 AM

It's funny old fat farts are concerning for school children. Their coronaphobia is just exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 69July 7, 2020 3:10 AM

there are parents and teachers on here, boris.

by Anonymousreply 70July 7, 2020 3:16 AM

Trump sucks !! Did the OP even go to school though? Reading his posts makes me lose brain cells.

by Anonymousreply 71July 7, 2020 3:24 AM

[quote] It's funny old fat farts are concerning for school children.

Seriously, if you trolls can’t be bothered to at least use a decent Russian to English translation app, then please don’t waste our time.

by Anonymousreply 72July 7, 2020 3:31 AM

We can’t open them with the rates being so high. Period. Our prez only has himself to blame by horribly mismanaging this.

by Anonymousreply 73July 7, 2020 3:46 AM

If you're referring to my posts, [R55], that's not what I said at all. Children can and do get, and spread, the virus. The question is whether they are more or less likely to do so than other age groups (and the data is out). And being less likely to show symptoms means more likely to spread the virus, as people without symptoms think they don't need to take precautions. Being asymptomatic is NOT the same thing as not having it or being unable to spread it. It just means that you don't currently show symptoms of the infection. Most people are merely pre-symptomatic, meaning they are infected but don't yet know it. They begin to show symptoms after a week or so. A few are completely asymptomatic. That means they got infected, were capable of transmitting the virus to others, but never showed recognizable symptoms. That doesn't mean their bodies haven't sustained injury, btw. Many show scarring on their lungs.

Wear a mask and maintain social distancing. Limit your time out in public to things that are really necessary. Wash your hands!

by Anonymousreply 74July 7, 2020 5:15 AM

R74 We’ve shown we are incapable of acting responsibly.

by Anonymousreply 75July 7, 2020 5:18 AM

We’ve got two kids-1 in high school and 1 in college. My first impulse is to keep them home but the thing most parents are struggling with are risk of illness vs their mental health.

It’s a really tough call. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommended K-12 schools reopen in some live fashion mostly because risk of mental/emotional issues outweigh physical risks for that age group.

The worst part of this crisis—by far—is trying to figure out what’s best for your kids during this madness. Just a series of choosing the lesser of evils on an almost daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 76July 7, 2020 6:04 AM

R8 you vastly overestimate the amount of learning that goes on in the average public school.

by Anonymousreply 77July 7, 2020 6:11 AM

He knows he’s going to lose the election and he’s trying to make things as bad as he possibly can out of spite and to make things even worse for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 78July 7, 2020 6:20 AM

I just arrived at the same conclusion, R78. We'll have a Democratic executive and Congress inheriting an economy and health care system in freefall.

Getting back to OP's point, the only way to reopen schools relatively safely is as part of a Marshall-plan level initiative, with a Federal blueprint and funding to be implemented at State and local levels. Ongoing regular testing, tracing, and isolation of infected kids/personnel/families will be key. Along with clear guidelines for staggered schedules to reduce class loads, distancing, PPE, and sanitizing. Some combination of on-site and remote learning. Full tech support (& funding) for communities that lack infrastructure and equipment. The workforce is a whole other challenge, given adults' susceptibility to COVID plus an aging teacher/sub pool. But given where we are, nationally, 6 months in to this pandemic, the most likely scenario is rolling surges of infection. Some self-contained areas may manage to generally control spread, eg, New England at present, but every time restrictions loosen there will be upticks. Add in regular flu season in the fall with widespread imbecilic vaccine aversion, and we're fucked until at least 2021.

Needless to say, Trump's call to just reopen schools per usual is criminally negligent.

by Anonymousreply 79July 7, 2020 6:51 AM

If rates of infection were way lower, yes, offer a hybrid but not where the rate is now.

by Anonymousreply 80July 7, 2020 6:52 AM

[quote] Needless to say, Trump's call to just reopen schools per usual is criminally negligent.

THIS.

by Anonymousreply 81July 7, 2020 7:03 AM

R43 Trump knows that if schools don't open in the fall, there's no way he's getting any of the white suburban mom vote that is key to a Republican victory. Schools having to remain closed more than 6 months into the pandemic would be a huge measure of how much he's failed with the coronavirus and it'll affect people much more than the rising death toll.

by Anonymousreply 82July 7, 2020 7:33 AM

Beyond parents being supremely ticked about their kids not going back to school is the months and months of there simply not being a plan.

Everyone knows they have to manage their lives around this virus, but the fact that nobody seems to be running the show in any visible way will be unforgivable in November.

by Anonymousreply 83July 7, 2020 12:29 PM

[quote]“SCHOOLS MUST OPEN IN THE FALL!!!”

Come on, you have to laugh at the desperation.

It's like he's trying to channel Pharaoh in The Ten Commandments:

"So it is written; so it shall be done."

Except in Trump's case, it's Pharaoh as if it were played by Edward G. Robinson.

by Anonymousreply 84July 7, 2020 12:35 PM

What about the parents and family the kids come into contact after school?

by Anonymousreply 85July 7, 2020 12:35 PM

[quote]Trump sends out an angry tweet about schools opening. Then, that idiot Ronald McDonald down in Florida announces that the schools are going to be open throughout his state.

Rick Wilson:

The consultants around DeSantis make no secret of his Presidential ambitions and are convinced Trumpism is the future.

They’ll do ANYTHING to prevent a bad Tweet against DeSantis. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 86July 7, 2020 12:48 PM

Some kids are suffering from mysterious brain damage due to Covid-19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 7, 2020 12:51 PM

Where in the world is Betsy DeVos in all of this mess?

by Anonymousreply 88July 7, 2020 12:53 PM

Question:

Do you think anyone should leave the house ever again? When do we admit that a case fatality rate of .002 - .004 is not the end of the world?

Kids get seizures and brain damage from the flu as well.

by Anonymousreply 89July 7, 2020 12:53 PM

Delusional, hysterical frau thread. You're all very out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 90July 7, 2020 1:01 PM

The overall case fatality rate is 4.5% and that’s with available ICU beds. It’s always been speculated that once the beds are full, the rate would go up a lot, since some people just can’t survive without an ICU bed.

I don’t know any little kids that have a job, an apartment, and are quarantining alone. Kids are super spreaders.

by Anonymousreply 91July 7, 2020 1:03 PM

[quote[]Delusional, hysterical frau thread. You're all very out of touch.

Clearly home-schooled.

by Anonymousreply 92July 7, 2020 1:05 PM

And here come the Repugs again at r89 and r90 to try to kill people.

You were wrong when you said this bullshit at the beginning of this nightmare.

Is 130,000 dead not enough for you?

Well, you’re in luck, because through your efforts, you’ll murder many, many more Americans before you’re done.

by Anonymousreply 93July 7, 2020 1:06 PM

NTY Science and Health reporter Donald McNeil said on a podcast yesterday that there's mounting evidence that young children don't spread the virus very efficiently -- the speculation is that kids get it from adults, not the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 94July 7, 2020 1:08 PM

The Republican Party has become a murder machine at this point.

by Anonymousreply 95July 7, 2020 1:10 PM

[quote]young children don't spread the virus very efficiently

Lazy little bastards.

by Anonymousreply 96July 7, 2020 1:10 PM

We have two young kids and there is no way I will send them back when school reopens in a few weeks. Luckily I work from home and my husband is work from home until at least early next year. I know not everyone has that luxury and I really feel for them

by Anonymousreply 97July 7, 2020 1:14 PM

Now there are reports that many children who get the virus suffer permanent brain damage

by Anonymousreply 98July 7, 2020 1:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 7, 2020 1:20 PM

He is responding to NYT article saying we are forgetting working parents who need schools to baby sit their kids.

by Anonymousreply 100July 7, 2020 1:30 PM

[quote]Where in the world is Betsy DeVos in all of this mess?

On her family yacht. I live in her hometown and her whole family sucks, a bunch of greedy fake christians.

by Anonymousreply 101July 7, 2020 1:35 PM

When the learning starts, the burning starts!

by Anonymousreply 102July 7, 2020 2:11 PM

There's a widespread illusion that we understand the transmission and effects of this virus. We don't, period. Including the presentation and effects on children.

We can't freeze the world, but sensible precautions aren't mysterious. They just require coordinated planning and investment, both alien concepts to this administration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 7, 2020 3:42 PM

[quote]... but sensible precautions aren't mysterious.

They seem to be incomprehensible to trumptards

by Anonymousreply 104July 7, 2020 3:48 PM

[quote]At least 1,335 people have tested positive from child care facilities in Texas, the state's Department of Health and Human Services reported Monday, citing figures from Friday.

[quote]Of those infected, 894 were staff members and 441 were children. The cases came from 883 child care facilities that are open in the state.

Same thing will happen with schools.

by Anonymousreply 105July 7, 2020 4:13 PM

It's actually possible to take reasonable precautions. Here in San Francisco, City agencies have partnered with UCSF to provide deep resources to child care providers serving the kids of essential workers. They're now expanding these to summer programs for school age kids. So far it's been successful, mostly because SF does such a good job of connecting with providers on an ongoing basis.

We have the models, just not the national will to implement them.

by Anonymousreply 106July 7, 2020 4:40 PM

The virus load is way too high to attempt opening schools which is sad and is a direct result of the enormous failure of this administration.

by Anonymousreply 107July 7, 2020 9:13 PM

My irrational fears and inability to cope with challenges are someone else's fault 😢

by Anonymousreply 108July 7, 2020 9:37 PM

R97 Haha no you don't, you selfish cunt. Are you the Frisco Frau?

by Anonymousreply 109July 7, 2020 9:41 PM

R108 Your attempt at trolling is amateurish. Does it hurt your beloved prez is such an abject failure?

by Anonymousreply 110July 7, 2020 9:42 PM

[quote] My irrational fears and inability to cope with challenges are someone else's fault 😢

You murdered another 3000 Americans overnight.

by Anonymousreply 111July 7, 2020 9:48 PM

R110 No one will look at YOUR behavior and blame Trump for it. You have control over your reactions, and are responsible for your own opinions. Act accordingly, asshole.

R111 I have not murdered anybody, unless you think I'm Trump (?)

by Anonymousreply 112July 7, 2020 9:51 PM

At least you admit Trump is a murderer

His supporters also have blood on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 113July 7, 2020 9:54 PM

Trump supporters are completely complicit.

Any rational person knew Trump was just a con man. But you assholes hired him for the most powerful position in the world.

And hundreds of thousands of Americans will die because you did so.

by Anonymousreply 114July 7, 2020 9:56 PM

The feral orange hog held a round table today about opening schools with the FWOTUS, she gave a little speech. Mother Pence gave a speech too and she and Father Pence couldn't gush and praise Orange & Whore (O&W) enough.

Kellyanne Conjob gave a nauseating speech and as well as a couple of Southern and Midwest Governors and Doctors and a various assortment of ass kissers.

Dr. Birx was her usual chipper self. No Dr. Fauci, guess he's persona non grata now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 7, 2020 9:59 PM

R112 You make no sense.

Dr. Birx is complicit. She puts her party over country.

by Anonymousreply 116July 7, 2020 10:08 PM

R11, That is the lamest argument---"abusive situations" at home. You do realize that children go home in mid-afternoon, right? That they don't live at school (unless 1%)?

Teachers, support staff, bus drivers, coaches---All these adults are being regarded as chopped liver. Who cares if they get Covid-19, right?

by Anonymousreply 117July 7, 2020 10:11 PM

Republicans are a death Cult now. They are so desperate to have things go back to “normal “ they’ll risk any and every life to do so. So when you see people on here making absurd arguments to try to get us to do risky things so things look normal again they’re part of that death cult and they’re absolutely apologists for this administration.

by Anonymousreply 118July 7, 2020 10:20 PM

They were dead wrong about reopening so fast do we want the same people in charge of reopening schools?

by Anonymousreply 119July 7, 2020 10:23 PM

Somewhere, the governors are laughing & rolling their eyes; it will be a state by state decision - maybe even county by county basis. In MD, there are plenty of rural communities that will likely re-open as infection rates are very low. Bigger counties like Montgomery & PG...not so clear. FL will probably just say "fuck it" and cancel school entirely since they are doggedly determined to be as stupid as possible in all things. Ditto for Texas

Whatever the case, districts make decisions based on their local & state leadership, not what Dumb Fuck says

by Anonymousreply 120July 7, 2020 10:48 PM

In keeping with tRump Doctrine DeSantis in FL is opening schools in August. He's really auditioning for a position in the orange one's band of thieves administration.

by Anonymousreply 121July 7, 2020 10:55 PM

DeSantis and that GA Gov seem one dick short from being double penetration.

by Anonymousreply 122July 7, 2020 11:27 PM

It is scary that Trump is bullying Governors, that stupid ass Governor in Florida is going to kill a lot of people because he sucks up to Trump

by Anonymousreply 123July 7, 2020 11:29 PM

Unlike the flu, when you get this virus and get sick it lasts 2 to 3 weeks or longer. Then there’s the question of all the adverse effects of the virus on the body for even those people who are asymptomatic. Yeah we want to put millions of teachers and school staff in jeopardy. My heart breaks for the adverse effects this is having on students but these are lives we’re talking about. Kids are resilient. In the end, they’ll be ok.

by Anonymousreply 124July 7, 2020 11:40 PM

[quote]He's really auditioning for a position in the orange one's band of thieves administration.

He also looks like he's about ready to start wearing Trump's hand-me-down suits.

by Anonymousreply 125July 7, 2020 11:43 PM

Republican states will reopen schools and reap the benefits of that decision for years to come. People are leaving the overly restrictive states already and the reality of missing 6 months to a year of school for their kids with nothing to replace it but homeschooling or endless worksheets will drive people away. No one gives a fuck about Covid when things that actually matter get involved.

Like their job, their kids or... social justice.

by Anonymousreply 126July 7, 2020 11:44 PM

Richard Quest of CNN said he had the virus in April but very mild symptoms. He said his cough came back about a month later then went away and came back again last week but far worse. He said he also has been experiencing fatigue more often and has been getting more and more clumsy. His doctors fear something neurological and possibly something to do with blood clots and he’s going to investigate it further with his doctors because this all started getting worse last week. It’s this type of thing that we don’t know enough about and it’s playing with fire.

by Anonymousreply 127July 7, 2020 11:45 PM

R126 haha haha pulled right out of your putrid ass. Shut the fuck up you troll. How did reopening go for ya? Yeah not so good. That’ll be the last time we listen to people like you who always get it wrong. Go back to licking that orange ass you dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 128July 7, 2020 11:47 PM

There is too much insanity on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 129July 7, 2020 11:49 PM

This whole issue is a fucking red herring. Google +schools +reopening +COVID +safety and you'll find ample international information on how to do it safely.

In ALL cases, Step 1 is to control COVID's spread OUTSIDE of schools. Once that's done, school measures are pretty straightforward.

Problem is, the US government is flunking Step 1. We're not even doing our homework.

by Anonymousreply 130July 8, 2020 12:00 AM

R129 very true.

by Anonymousreply 131July 8, 2020 12:00 AM

Suggesting that we open schools based on science, not on your delusion that being at home is more dangerous than a brain-damaging virus, is not insanity.

by Anonymousreply 132July 8, 2020 12:07 AM

The insanity is coming from the Inside the WH.

by Anonymousreply 133July 8, 2020 12:09 AM

r132... you don't have any science to back up your claims. All we know at this point that we have 330 million people in the country...only 130K have died.. out of that 130k - its not the kids dying.

Many of the deaths are contributed to nursing homes - Look at Cuomo and Wolf. Two Governors that had their Department of Health REQUIRE nursing homes to take Covid patients - exposing out most vulnerable population. Its disgusting.

The kids aren't dying and they will be fine in school - despite your irrational protests. If you want to talk about negligent governors killing our seniors... we can do that.

by Anonymousreply 134July 8, 2020 12:13 AM

You have blood on your hands.

130,000 isn’t enough? How many deaths are acceptable to you? Don’t worry, you’re murder count is still going up. We are having a new 911 every two days because of you assholes.

Repugs are a death cult.

by Anonymousreply 135July 8, 2020 12:16 AM

The kids don’t die, they just get permanent brain damage.

by Anonymousreply 136July 8, 2020 12:19 AM

Maybe that’s why the Repugs are so anxious to super spread this virus.

More brain damaged people mean more republicans.

by Anonymousreply 137July 8, 2020 12:20 AM

This is about Trump, not Covid. Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump.

by Anonymousreply 138July 8, 2020 12:22 AM

At this point, r138, they are one and the same

by Anonymousreply 139July 8, 2020 12:24 AM

Probably the only way we’ll get rid of the virus is to get rid of Trump

by Anonymousreply 140July 8, 2020 12:25 AM

Home schooling will see an upsurge in strange new demographics.

by Anonymousreply 141July 8, 2020 12:27 AM

R134 must have gotten the new Heritage via Moscow talking points. I’ve seen the exact wording pushed lately on many platforms. This is what they did for reopening. And we see how that went.

by Anonymousreply 142July 8, 2020 12:29 AM

R140 It's reading more like "At this point the only way we'll get rid of Trump is with this virus."

by Anonymousreply 143July 8, 2020 12:30 AM

What the fuck does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 144July 8, 2020 12:31 AM

R141 You're right about that.

by Anonymousreply 145July 8, 2020 12:31 AM

I think our resident troll downed a bottle or two and is now just spouting word salad

by Anonymousreply 146July 8, 2020 12:44 AM

Nah, the right wing received their talking points and are balls to the wall pushing them. I guess they decided students back to school was what they are hanging their hats on because you know they don’t care about students. It’s always about them.

by Anonymousreply 147July 8, 2020 12:47 AM

I think r143 thinks us libruls created the virus just to attack her beloved CheetoJesus

by Anonymousreply 148July 8, 2020 12:51 AM

Remember how he said this would decrease in the summer (it's not) and how it would all disappear (it won't)

This is the same thing. He will focus on opening schools and when September comes, America will have had an even bigger explosion of Covid

He's making plans that will never come true

by Anonymousreply 149July 8, 2020 12:54 AM

Cases will be zero soon- Retarded Prez, February 2020.

If you don’t test there won’t be a virus- Brain Damaged Prez, June 2020

Shove a flashlight up your ass to fight the virus- Intellectually Disabled Prez, May 2020

We want to follow his advice??????

by Anonymousreply 150July 8, 2020 1:00 AM

Yes, obese Mommyfraus of the suburbs, I literally meant you are trying to infect my beloved God and saviour, Trump, with the coronavirus. That is what I meant.

You are all thoroughly qualified to homeschool your overweight children (as long as you don't have to stand for too long!)

by Anonymousreply 151July 8, 2020 1:03 AM

The worst part is that if trump has responded like any reasonable leader, we would be able to open schools next year.

But he up fucked us up way too much. Now it’s not possible.

by Anonymousreply 152July 8, 2020 1:04 AM

Thank you for clarifying, r143.

That was the only logical interpretation, but it’s so wackadoodle that I thought you couldn’t possibly be serious.

by Anonymousreply 153July 8, 2020 1:06 AM

R143 is the angel of death troll that’s shat all over this thread

by Anonymousreply 154July 8, 2020 1:07 AM

Our troll’s been reduced to babbling about “mommyfraus”?

You just can’t get good trolls these days.

by Anonymousreply 155July 8, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote] previously Healthy Florida teen in Pensacola In Coma. On Ventilator. From Covid-19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 8, 2020 5:26 AM

The fact that IMPOTUS wishes schools to open when:

1) The risk of Covid is such that Paul Manafort cannot be imprisoned due to the high risk of contracting the virus

OR

2) The White House Visitor Center has been closed to the public since the pandemic due to the “risk of contracting the virus”

This illogic demonstrates his clear sociopathic / psychopathic tendencies.

He simply doesn’t care about anything or anyone unless it has personal relevance for him.

by Anonymousreply 157July 8, 2020 5:33 AM

R126, And where is your evidence that, in the midst of this pandemic, people are up and re-locating themselves and families from "overly restrictive states" to "Republican" ones? Where is this New Exodus?

And pray, what "matters more" than health and life?

Oh, yes, your little insinuation that the BLM protestors didn't and don't care about Covid-19 did not go....overlooked. But try again. The peaceful protestors wore masks. They didn't throw them onto the floor of a Target or call 911. And which of those examples got attacked by militarized cops with pepper-spray and batons?

by Anonymousreply 158July 8, 2020 7:30 AM

R151, Or Michael Cohen.

Funny; I don't recall news articles about Black prisoners, members of the most endangered demographic, being released en masse from prison.

by Anonymousreply 159July 8, 2020 7:32 AM

The greatest spike from school openings will be the October Surprise.

Trump won't care. He and Miller see this disease and death as the best method of vote suppression ever. That's why the rants against absentee ballots and why Red states are passing oppressive laws that these ballots need to be notarized.

by Anonymousreply 160July 8, 2020 7:46 AM

R158 you even uses the same phrasing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 8, 2020 12:16 PM

Good. Get those stupid motherfuckers out of California. They don’t add anything. Let them drag down Repug states.

by Anonymousreply 162July 8, 2020 12:19 PM

R158 Some sources are estimating NYC will lose 500,000 residents because of Covid:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 8, 2020 12:20 PM

R162 Stupid asshole, California is committing suicide. You want to live in the Sunshine Rust Belt?

by Anonymousreply 164July 8, 2020 12:24 PM

If their problem with this whole situation is mask restrictions, then get them the fuck out of our cities.

Let them go infect the red states.

by Anonymousreply 165July 8, 2020 12:24 PM

Get rid of these Repug scum and California will bounce back just fine.

by Anonymousreply 166July 8, 2020 12:26 PM

The rest of the United States is not New York. Schools are not nursing homes.

People need to calm down.

by Anonymousreply 167July 8, 2020 12:48 PM

[quote]The rest of the United States is not New York. Schools are not nursing homes.

Absolutely, there are school systems in lesser affected parts of the country that can and should open, with precautions.

But Trump is demanding every school system to open, regardless of whether the virus is spiking or not.

Suppressing the virus, as many Asian and European countries have done, is the key to opening schools. Trump could have made an enormous difference in making this happen, simply by telling his cultists every day that Covid-19 is indeed deadly, and convincing them to wear masks and social distance. His inability to do so means he will go down in history not only as the most venal, corrupt and deeply stupid man every to hold the presidency, but also as the president responsible for more American deaths than any other.

by Anonymousreply 168July 8, 2020 1:21 PM

R168 Trump Trump Trump- this is about Trump for you! You think you can weaponize the pandemic to get rid of Trump!

It doesn't work that way, and the stupid and crazy decisions being made in Democratic-controlled areas are going to cause much more suffering than the pandemic!

by Anonymousreply 169July 8, 2020 1:40 PM

[quote] You think you can weaponize the pandemic to get rid of Trump!

No, you idiot. We think Trump has weaponized the pandemic to try to get rid of us.

You can not separate the two. He is murdering Americans, as are his minions. Like you.

by Anonymousreply 170July 8, 2020 2:03 PM

Trump IS the Repug party

There are only two types of Repugs.

Losers, who are in it for the racism and grifters, who are in it for the greed.

Everyone, even the fake Xtians, falls into one or both of these categories

We assume that you are on here pushing the Repug talking points because you fall into one of those categories.

by Anonymousreply 171July 8, 2020 2:08 PM

You assholes hired that piece of shit as president and now you want us to pretend that the current state of America isn’t all on you?

by Anonymousreply 172July 8, 2020 2:11 PM

Trump is handling the problem like he has handled all of his problems - make ridiculous decisions until the problem is untenable, and then walk away and blame it on someone else and leave everyone else to deal with the fallout. If you are familiar with Trump’s MO, his handling of the pandemic is not shocking. His solution is simply managing the negative PR in relation to him. Everything else is collateral damage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 8, 2020 2:17 PM

[quote] the stupid and crazy decisions being made in Democratic-controlled areas are going to cause much more suffering than the pandemic!

You idiots have been squawking this bullshit from the beginning, and the sheer body count alone has proven you wrong.

But obviously 140,000 dead bodies isn’t enough for you. How many will be? 250,000? A million? Five million?

Where does your evil stop?

by Anonymousreply 174July 8, 2020 2:19 PM

This umbrella is just like the pandemic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 8, 2020 2:24 PM

Republicans are LITERALLY MURDERERS

Every single moderate Democrat is really a Republican and a MURDERER

Anyone who thinks the Democratic Party is making bad decisions is a MURDERER WITH BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS

If you don't like it FUCK OFF AND DIE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 176July 8, 2020 2:31 PM

And our troll has officially blown a gasket

by Anonymousreply 177July 8, 2020 2:32 PM

Repugs admit they have lost an argument by screaming nonsense and hurling personal insults.

by Anonymousreply 178July 8, 2020 2:33 PM

I think delaying the education of young people an entire year will cause much more widespread societal damage than the deaths from coronavirus that may be linked to schools opening.

As we all know, poor children rely on schools for socialization, support services, and the number one thing that prevents violence and poverty- an education.

by Anonymousreply 179July 8, 2020 2:34 PM

I remember when the Democratic Party's highest priority was not just education, but equal access to quality education for all. My how times change!

by Anonymousreply 180July 8, 2020 2:36 PM

Rich people's fears are not as important as middle and working class people's wellbeing.

by Anonymousreply 181July 8, 2020 2:38 PM

[quote] Republicans are LITERALLY MURDERERS

If the foo shits...

by Anonymousreply 182July 8, 2020 2:44 PM

Wait, wait, our angel of death may actually be waking up to reality here

Let me be perfectly clear: you are advocating for policies that will directly result in a lot of people dying. Yes, that makes you a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 183July 8, 2020 2:46 PM

[quote][R20]—Gabriel Fernandez

by Anonymousreply 184July 8, 2020 2:48 PM

No! No! Don't cut me with your biting wit!

I'm just a poo shoes closeted Frau lesbian Russian agent- who's right about you!

by Anonymousreply 185July 8, 2020 2:52 PM

“You knew there was a shark out there. You knew it was dangerous. But you let people go swimming anyway.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 8, 2020 2:53 PM

[quote]“SCHOOLS MUST OPEN IN THE FALL!!!”

"Every word I ever utter is to be taken as a [bold]DIRECT ROYAL PROCLAMATION,[/bold]or face death by the [bold]FIRIN' SQUAD![/bold]"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 8, 2020 2:54 PM

R185 I forgot to mention, I'm also racist and homophobic- of course!

I'm telling you things that are true that you don't want to hear, so of course!

by Anonymousreply 188July 8, 2020 2:54 PM

I’m glad our AoD is starting to see the error of her ways.

It’s not too late. Come over to the light. We have logic and science here. And cookies. You like cookies.

by Anonymousreply 189July 8, 2020 2:58 PM

In case you were wondering, the psychotic Republican in this thread is racist. Shocker, right? Here he is in two other threads:

[quote]Black people are being shot and killed at much higher rates than in previous years, in a multi-city national trend: The unspoken truth is that they are being killed almost exclusively by other black people, usually people in their own neighborhood. Thanks Black Lives Matter! -A.k.a. rich kids from the suburbs playing socialist revolutionary dress-up. Maybe someone could have stopped them before this situation deteriorated so badly? Maybe someone should step in now before it gets worse?

[quote]#Pasenmonnom trending in France: French gays are publicly rejecting the French Black bloc's attempt to hijack their movement after a pride parade was held where anti-police, pro-violence queer slogans were dominant.

by Anonymousreply 190July 8, 2020 3:06 PM

Yeah, we knew that. The piece of shit confessed to being racist in r188

by Anonymousreply 191July 8, 2020 3:08 PM

"We have logic and science over here"

Oh my God, ma'am, please get a clue. No one on this thread realized that states with restrictive lockdowns are losing population. We're four months into this!

Logic says "The Democratic Party is slowly comitting suicide in an effort to use the pandemic as a 2020 wedge issue against Trump."

by Anonymousreply 192July 8, 2020 3:08 PM

I don’t think you understand what the word “logic” means.

People are dying. By the thousands daily. Because of your bullshit.

How many dead bodies are enough for you? When will your blood lust be satisfied?

by Anonymousreply 193July 8, 2020 3:10 PM

R191 Yes, I am a racist. Racists want schools to reopen. I also don't care about the environment, which should be obvious since I want schools to reopen.

by Anonymousreply 194July 8, 2020 3:11 PM

What you want, and what you are pushing for, is more death.

by Anonymousreply 195July 8, 2020 3:13 PM

R193 I won't be satisfied until the ALL the children of America are literate. Children are the future!

by Anonymousreply 196July 8, 2020 3:15 PM

You assholes tried to sell this at the beginning of this mess, when we had a chance to stop it.

Because people listened to you, hundreds of thousands of Americans have and will die and we are past the point of no return. We can’t contain it now, because this nonsense was listened to.

And yet you have the balls to come on here and continue to push this evil nonsense?

by Anonymousreply 197July 8, 2020 3:17 PM

The fact he is pushing this so hard should be cause for alarm. He doesn’t give a shit about our precious students neither do any of the Russian trolls here pushing, word for word, Russian and right wing talking points. His agenda is make this a wedge issue and make it look like things are back to normal.

Our local school district here in my area of Texas has said the overwhelming evidence is kids, even high school, don’t get or spread the virus so full steam ahead for opening back up in a county where the positivity rate is 24%.

by Anonymousreply 198July 8, 2020 3:47 PM

Here in Central Texas, full steam ahead as well! School starts six weeks from today - full classrooms and everything!

And our District's Coronavirus cases have doubled in the last two weeks!

by Anonymousreply 199July 8, 2020 3:50 PM

Every plan to reopen schools safely in the fall costs money, and school districts and local governments don't have any.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 8, 2020 4:15 PM

Yes some schools can and should reopen fully in areas where the virus is low with ample safety measures.

They should not in areas where the virus is high. Period. No students. There aren’t enough safety measures to adequately protect staff.

And yes, this all takes a lot of money to implement. And there isn’t enough time right now esp with cases growing in most states.

If this would’ve been handled properly from the start and idiots would have taken safety precautions seriously there would be no debate right now because we would be opening schools safely because the virus would be low as it is in Europe right now. This is yet another example of the epic fuck up that is our current prez.

I agree, beware of why they are so adamant to reopen schools esp given how much worse the virus is now. School staff and families are at great risk.

by Anonymousreply 201July 8, 2020 4:33 PM

Kids are cruel.

The bullies, infected or not, will start COUGHING on weaker kids.

Those parents will yank their kids out of school and/or sue.

They'll sue the city and the bully kids parents.

What. A. Mess.

by Anonymousreply 202July 8, 2020 4:49 PM

R190 Thank you for highlighting my threads.

#Pasenmonnom was deeply moving and inspiring. It was a mass rejection and denunciation of violence by French gays and lesbians which sadly gained little media traction and has faded out. The Black bloc are French anarchists, they have nothing to do with race or black people.

As for the protests, it should be obvious that outsiders introducing violence into marginalized communities (that are already under massive strain because of the shutdown) will result in more violence taking place even after those outsiders have returned to their cushy lives in more stable areas.

This is the "cascade" theory of violence- that violence begets more violence. I'll leave a link if you're interested.

You know what the number one cause of violence is in high-crime areas? Lack of education! Before unemployment, before discrimination. Lack of access to a fucking education.

If we don't reopen schools ASAP we are fucking the country up for an entire generation. Covid-19 does not justify that. We can't even agree over how deadly it is or isn't after four months.

Unlike you dribbling dipshits, I have concrete values that don't shift with the wind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203July 8, 2020 4:55 PM

R203 unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 204July 8, 2020 5:14 PM

R204 All the worse for you that I'm right here.

by Anonymousreply 205July 8, 2020 5:27 PM

Trump just wants parents to go to work. I think they should protest.

by Anonymousreply 206July 8, 2020 5:37 PM

You think you have power, but you’ve been proven wrong over and over again.

[quote] I have concrete values that don't shift with the wind.

That’s true. You’ve been consistently promoting death.

by Anonymousreply 207July 8, 2020 5:37 PM

R207 Exactly. I’m sure this thing was saying the exact same thing about we had to re-open right away we couldn’t wait it was going to be dire. Well they were wrong and we were right because we knew it would send the wrong message to people and we could not re-open safely with this moron as our prezzz. Now they’re saying the exact same thing about reopening schools and how it’s going to be dire. Of course they’ll never own up to it when it goes horribly wrong just like they are owning up to the fast Reopening. That message is brought to you straight from Russia and I’m not kidding. Putin knows it will lead to horrific consequences like the botched reopening. If we can’t re-open certain sectors of our economy safely we sure as hell aren’t gonna be able to open up school safely. These are the same morons constantly downplaying the virus.

by Anonymousreply 208July 8, 2020 5:46 PM

Psychotic Republican -

I have multiple MRIs of patients who have survived even “mild” cases of Covid - and 4 that were asymptomatic.

They are coming in with many neurological complaints: vertigo, loss of memory, spatial decoherence, apraxia, sensory loss, cognitive impairment, and dysphasia.

We have been so focused on the active phase of this illness working to save lives, that the longer- lasting effects of this virus remain largely unknown. Plus we are not far enough out from the pandemic to grasp the bigger picture.

This is not taking into account those who were previously healthy who survived and now have cardiac abnormalities, renal complications and the deadly pulmonary fibrosis.

Human lives are irreplaceable. Schooling and education can be obtained at any age. A 54-year-old woman was in my med school class, for god’s sake.

No sane country would logically risk lives or live in denial of expanding case numbers in a pandemic. See: NZ, Australia, Canada, Iceland for starters.

As someone mentioned upthread, if schools are so “safe”, why isn’t Paul Manafort in prison? That’s right: prison was deemed too much of a health risk!

Or why isn’t the White House open to the public during the pandemic? Again it’s because of The. Risk. Of. The. Infectious. Covid. Virus.

The effects of the virus on children and teens remains indeterminate. One third of the above mentioned patients with MRIs is under 25. And this includes all of the “asymptomatic” cases, 3 of which have debilitating neurological impairments.

And you want to open up schools for this to continue....and likely spread?

Get a clue, Psychotic Republican.

by Anonymousreply 209July 8, 2020 8:07 PM

132,000 Americans are dead because of COVID, r192. Sick that wedge issue up your ass, you braindead twat.

by Anonymousreply 210July 8, 2020 8:19 PM

These are the same people who pushed to reopen quickly. Look how that turned out. The almost psychotic push to open schools quickly is eerie. It’s not about students and their well-being. Educators and pedestrians know the enormous benefits of getting them back in school but it has to be safely. Staff are at enormous risk. This could truly blow up in our faces.

by Anonymousreply 211July 8, 2020 8:20 PM

So he’s going to withhold federal aid to schools who don’t have students back. Wow. If he’s pushing this this hard something smells. You know he doesn’t give two shits about the kids. What’s the reasoning?

by Anonymousreply 212July 8, 2020 8:33 PM

Comedian Noel Casler:

Trump didn’t seem to care about kids not being in school when they were at Jeffrey Epstein’s house.

by Anonymousreply 213July 8, 2020 8:55 PM

R213 fucking hysterical

He is trying to win back suburban women. Full stop. He’s willing to kill however many people he can in order to win and his death cult including his cheerleaders on here are just as demented as he is. Depraved.

by Anonymousreply 214July 8, 2020 9:09 PM

It's horrible enough that he killed immigrant children in cages but now he wants to kill American kids. Die you fucker.

by Anonymousreply 215July 8, 2020 9:33 PM

If the stupid Suburban/Red/deplorable moms/dads are willing to die on Trump's fucking cross with their kids, fuck them. They are too stupid to live and Trump knows it.

by Anonymousreply 216July 9, 2020 1:27 AM

Trump clearly is trying to secure the Münchausen syndrome by proxy vote.

by Anonymousreply 217July 9, 2020 2:45 AM

It's a zombie holocaust without the fun chase scenes.

by Anonymousreply 218July 9, 2020 2:53 AM

You couldn't script a movie better than this.

Okay, the country will be divided over a maniac getting into the WH; then race relations will explode; THEN there will be a pandemic and the guy in the WH will want everyone back to work even though people will die.

His supporters don't budge an inch.

We need a hero.

by Anonymousreply 219July 9, 2020 6:02 AM

Funny how deplorables are just fine with Trump undoing just about every political and societal norm, yet kids not going back to school in the fall is somehow going to upset some delicate balance in human existence.

by Anonymousreply 220July 9, 2020 6:08 AM

Trump doesn’t give a shit about kids.

The whole point of his pushing for kids to restart school full time without any sort of protections at all is so parents can go back to work and restart the economy without sort of protections at all

by Anonymousreply 221July 9, 2020 11:38 AM

R163, What? That article doesn't mention any "500,000."

Moreover, there are exactly two specific examples: anecdotes from one moving company rep; and one woman who moved her family from Manhattan to the Hamptons.

by Anonymousreply 222July 9, 2020 12:28 PM

[quote]CNN: The CDC will not revise guidelines for schools reopening, Director Dr. Robert Redfield says. His comments come a day after Trump tweeted that he disagreed with the guidelines.

And the countdown to Redfield's firing commences.

by Anonymousreply 223July 9, 2020 2:55 PM

Trump is simply betting that Americans will forget about, or at least accept, the deaths by Covid-19 of schoolchildren as usually happens after school shootings.

Or that the kids won't start dying until after November third.

by Anonymousreply 224July 9, 2020 11:38 PM

People should understand by now that nothing Trump says should be minded, except perhaps to oppose anything Trump says, pending verification.

by Anonymousreply 225July 10, 2020 2:08 AM

Amen R220.

by Anonymousreply 226July 10, 2020 6:38 AM

Nothing makes me more opposed to schools being open in the fall, than the knowledge that Trump demands that they do. Who would want to risk their kids wellbeing on this loser?

by Anonymousreply 227July 10, 2020 7:29 AM

How can 4 people be asymptomatic and at the same time display some of the effects you suggest?

by Anonymousreply 228July 10, 2020 7:45 AM

[quote] How can 4 people be asymptomatic and at the same time display some of the effects you suggest?

They were asymptomatic FOR Covid. They showed no symptoms of the virus. But were out mingling with others. Young. Thought they were impervious.

Then they showed up at our neurological facility presenting with unusual symptoms. One patient described them as “terrifying”.

Subsequent work-up revealed positivity for Covid. They had no idea they had the virus, save for the neurological sequelae.

These latent effects beyond the obvious deaths in the pandemic, are going to become more apparent in the ensuing 6 months to a year.

There is much that remains unknown about all this.

Perhaps this is why our ID (Infectious Disease) colleagues remains quite concerned about this virus. One colleague at Emory stated it frightens her more than Ebola. “At least with Ebola, people took it seriously”, one said. (Ebola is can be traumatic for some to see in patients. Covid, though, is more variable and insidious.)

Many in the USA view this virus with ridicule or resignation .

[quote] New: Experts warn of potential “wave of brain damage” from #COVID19: neurological complications including stroke, nerve damage, and potentially fatal brain inflammation -- even if the patients didn't show severe respiratory symptoms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229July 10, 2020 5:12 PM

Plus you can be reinfected.

Doctors are seeing troubling signs after a patient recovers even if they were asymptotic.

by Anonymousreply 230July 10, 2020 5:56 PM

The flu lasts 3-5 days. This lasts 2/ 3 weeks to 3 months. The complications from this can be far worse so what could happen if we send millions of kids and adults back to cramped buildings in a month?

by Anonymousreply 231July 10, 2020 6:04 PM

[quote] R8: He is completely correct. An entire generation of kids are going to be a full year of classes behind if we don't reopen schools. It would be a fucking disaster.

Well, welcome aboard, R8. It is already a fucking disaster. While it’s important to try to limit the scope of the disaster, no one should think for a moment that this isn’t a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 232July 10, 2020 10:11 PM

+71,355 new cases today...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 11, 2020 12:34 AM

We’re #1 though!

by Anonymousreply 234July 11, 2020 1:44 AM

So lets compound the issue and send students back to school! Maybe we can reach 200,000 a day by October.

by Anonymousreply 235July 11, 2020 1:51 AM

Has Trump offered any details about how this would actually work?

There probably isn’t enough physical space to teach in, if desks are placed 6’ away from the nearby desks. So, this then means that kids will be seated in violation of CDC guidelines.

We simply don’t know enough about the virus yet, and I wouldn’t ever trust Trump with my kids lives.

by Anonymousreply 236July 11, 2020 7:00 PM

Larry Kudlow was on the news last night and was VERY PEEVED at all the foot dragging!

"Just go back to school, we can do that," Kudlow told reporters on Friday. "And you know, you can social distance, you can get your temperature taken, you can be tested, you can have distancing -- come on, it's not that hard!"

See? Easy peasy!

by Anonymousreply 237July 11, 2020 7:08 PM

It’s Back to School Daze!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 11, 2020 10:43 PM

The push to open schools brought to you by the same people who pushed to reopen the economy too quickly. Look how well that went? All so he can look better for re-election? Like, look all the beautiful children are back in school everything is going great. All these cases popping up in summer camps yet we’re going to push 50 million students and millions of teachers back into small buildings when the virus is surging in 36 states? What could go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 239July 11, 2020 10:44 PM

CNN: Internal documents from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that fully reopening K-12 schools and universities would be the "highest risk" for the spread of coronavirus, according to a New York Times report, as President Donald Trump and his administration push for students and teachers to return in-person to classrooms.

The 69-page document obtained by the Times marked "For Internal Use Only" was among materials for federal public health response teams deployed to coronavirus hotspots to help local public health officials handle the outbreak, the newspaper reported.

The revelation of the documents comes as states debate whether to reopen schools amid a resurgence in coronavirus cases. Many school districts in the South, where coronavirus cases are rising, begin the school year in just a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 240July 11, 2020 10:47 PM

I am amazed that anyone with children thinks they should be sent to schools under these circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 241July 11, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote] I am amazed that anyone with children thinks they should be sent to schools under these circumstances.

R241, I have been astounded at the reaction of my fellow citizens in the USA to this pandemic. Some -friends - even deny the existence of the virus.

They keep repeating that it is a “hoax”.

It’s heartbreaking to read of the stories and see the patients in-house.

Don’t know what else to do but encourage people to take care of themselves. Because as we are seeing, folks will literally fight for their right to (unknowingly) die.

by Anonymousreply 242July 11, 2020 11:02 PM

The person that leaked that Internal CDC document saved many lives

by Anonymousreply 243July 11, 2020 11:48 PM

I’ve seen Trump expressing his desire that schools reopen this August, but I don’t recall hearing a reason as to why now? He just thinks he can order it, and it will happen.

by Anonymousreply 244July 12, 2020 12:34 AM

Under Trump there is no policy or decision making beyond what his dumb ass decides in the moment. He makes shit decisions and his lackeys figure out ways you spin or legitimize his inane leadership. He’s essentially a mad king.

by Anonymousreply 245July 12, 2020 1:04 AM

None of you believe he cares for the children of our country? He’s always putting the needs of others above his own so how is this any different?

by Anonymousreply 246July 12, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote] He’s essentially a mad king.

Trump the mad king.

by Anonymousreply 247July 12, 2020 1:14 AM

R246 Do you know where you are? Have you visited this web address previously?

by Anonymousreply 248July 12, 2020 2:28 AM

R248 do u understand obvious sarcasm?

by Anonymousreply 249July 12, 2020 3:21 AM

Is there anyone here who would send their kid to schools, as things stand now? Include those who have to work and need a place for their kids.

by Anonymousreply 250July 12, 2020 4:26 PM

CNN: Three teachers who shared a summer classroom at a school in Arizona all contracted coronavirus last month, leaving one of them dead.

Kimberley Chavez Lopez Byrd, 61, died June 26, less than two weeks after she was hospitalized. The other two teachers -- Jena Martinez and Angela Skillings -- said they're still struggling with the effects of the virus.

All three teachers wore masks and gloves, used hand sanitizer and socially distanced, but still got sick, according to school officials at the small community in the eastern part of the state.

by Anonymousreply 251July 12, 2020 5:37 PM

Betsy Devos today repeated threats to deny Federal funding to schools that don’t reopening the fall. It’s like they’ve declared war on Americans.

by Anonymousreply 252July 12, 2020 5:54 PM

"Like," r252??!

Beyond masks, beyond social distancing desks, beyond sanitizings---each school district administration must determine who will be in charge of:

Busing logistics.

Co-ordinating student entries and departures, to and from their lockers, in masks and with s. d. Is every student's temperature to be taken, as Larry Kudlow cavalierly declared was no big problem? Who will do this? What's the school plan when someone has a high-grade temperature?

Supplying every person in the school buildings with masks. Are we prepared for "the dog ate my mask"?

Anti-mask parents.

Resolving the issue of the difficulty on the high school level of certain subjects to "travel" with the teachers to the stationary students, such as chemistry, phys ed, industrial and fine arts, band/orchestra; and the co-ordination with their state education department about waiving certain credit requirements.

Eating without masks on, in the classroom. Or are schools expected to open their cafeterias that had long lines and crowded tables on a good day in the past?

Keeping soap and other sanitizing materials that won't get stolen from the lavs.

Resisting parental and/or community pressure to play competitive contact sports.

The Devil is in the details.

by Anonymousreply 253July 12, 2020 7:47 PM

R253: Like everything else with Trump’s shit *administration*. It is large proclamations and demands only -without any sensible direction (schools - you figure out how to do it).

by Anonymousreply 254July 12, 2020 7:51 PM

Betsy Devos today repeated threats to deny Federal funding to schools that don’t reopening the fall. It’s like they’ve declared war on Americans.

All I can say is, keep talking Betsy; parents - but particularly mothers are going to enraged by this particular threat - plus, it's a stupid threat because it's an empty threat - Betsy & Dump have absolutely no way to follow through on this one. But they just think they can bluster & threaten & browbeat everyone into doing what they want

Yet another thing that pushes even women without a college degree to either vote against Dump or not vote at all.

Aside from Barr & Pompeo, the post-Dump era beat down of this old cunt is one of the things I most look forward to

by Anonymousreply 255July 12, 2020 10:11 PM

Someone needs to market a Betsy DeVos voodoo doll.

by Anonymousreply 256July 12, 2020 10:41 PM

I'd rather they sold DVDs of her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 257July 13, 2020 5:28 AM

Interesting theory - makes sense for Trump.

[quote] I think part of Trump's sudden mania w/this was he was incensed by the Tik Tok high schoolers that made a fool of him w/Tulsa AND all the older kids that were able to march for weeks as everyone is out of school, college, etc. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 258July 13, 2020 6:30 AM

School reopening is murder.

by Anonymousreply 259July 13, 2020 7:05 AM

More than half the parents in my New England town surveyed by the school system said they would not send their kids into school in the Fall. We are going to get a ton of teachers/support staff ill and who the hell would want to be a substitute for $70 a day? Hope they keep schools shut unless we have a national shutdown for a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 260July 13, 2020 11:30 AM

His party may not be pro-life all along. Go ahead and open schools, then you have hundreds of thousands more dead.

by Anonymousreply 261July 13, 2020 5:59 PM

BREAKING: Los Angeles USD Superintendent Austin Beutner says fall school year will begin Aug. 18, but students will not be on campus.

by Anonymousreply 262July 13, 2020 6:12 PM

R262, thank goodness.

by Anonymousreply 263July 13, 2020 6:15 PM

Fort Bend I.S.D. will begin the year 100% online. Ft. Bend county borders Harris County (Houston) on the southwest. It is both suburban and agricultural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264July 14, 2020 4:19 AM

[quote]Union leader: Most Houston school bus drivers aren't coming back to work during coronavirus pandemic

[quote]80% of Houston school bus drivers are seniors with health issues and most are afraid to return to work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265July 14, 2020 4:21 AM

DeVos needs to be taken into a dark alley and dispensed with.

by Anonymousreply 266July 14, 2020 6:08 AM

Keep your kids at home folks

by Anonymousreply 267July 14, 2020 9:31 AM

R267 Who here has kids?

by Anonymousreply 268July 14, 2020 11:07 AM

Me 😉 R268

by Anonymousreply 269July 14, 2020 11:18 AM

The Orange County Board of Education has voted 4-1 to reopen schools next month with in-person instruction. Students and teachers can choose to attend classes without masks and no social distancing is required.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270July 14, 2020 11:24 AM

R270, yeah, good luck to them with that.

That’s a wealthy community, right? I’ll bet, half the parents will keep their kids home. Then there will be a case detected, then much debate, and then another case, and then the schools will quickly close.

by Anonymousreply 271July 14, 2020 11:39 AM

When you think of Trump's decision making skills, always remember those same "skills" caused him to file for bankruptcy three times.

by Anonymousreply 272July 14, 2020 11:41 AM

Betsy Devos was interviewed over the weekend and had no answer to the question about what the plan would be if a case was detected within a school that was open. She said “we can look to the private sector for many good examples....”. Chris Hayes said something like, “yeah, we could look to a meat packing plant for their policy to figure out what to do for our schools.” Ha, sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 273July 14, 2020 11:42 AM

We’ll see what Houston ISD does.

by Anonymousreply 274July 14, 2020 2:20 PM

R270,

Orange County's COVID rate has increased by 33% in the last 2 weeks, from 19,188 cases to 25,277. That's the third highest number of cases among CA counties. The highest % of cases are in the 25-34 age group.

That school board is in deep denial if it thinks opening schools will actually be successful.

by Anonymousreply 275July 14, 2020 2:48 PM

If I was a teacher in OC, I would quit right now.

by Anonymousreply 276July 14, 2020 2:49 PM

OC is acting completely irresponsibly. Wow. I guess they’ll put the lives of their communities at risk for their leader’s orders. Sick. Here’s a thing every community who’s local school district sends their students to in person classes and you’ve got an a high infection rate should all be flooding them with protests. Your whole community is at risk.

by Anonymousreply 277July 14, 2020 4:38 PM

"Welcome to the O.C., bitch."

by Anonymousreply 278July 14, 2020 4:44 PM

Hmm. I see a connection between the county school board's attitude and the huge increase in infections in Orange County. They think their money will save them. Masks and social distancing are for inferiors.

And with a nod to the ever-popular J.K. Rowling, those Orange County idiots will soon switch from thinking about inferiors to worrying about inferi:

"They are corpses, dead bodies that have been bewitched to do a Dark wizard's bidding. Inferi have not been seen for a long time, however, not since Voldemort was last powerful... He killed enough people to make an army of them, of course."

by Anonymousreply 279July 14, 2020 6:09 PM

Our school district just sent an email adding Distance Learning as one of the fall back to school scenarios. It was not an option 2 weeks ago. I think teachers and their unions are growing some balls and getting vocal. Good for them!

by Anonymousreply 280July 14, 2020 6:22 PM

Israeli Data Show School Openings Were a Disaster That Wiped Out Lockdown Gains

Of 1,400 Israelis diagnosed with COVID-19 last month, 657 (47 percent) were infected in schools. Now 2,026 students, teachers, and staff have it, and 28,147 are quarantined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 14, 2020 6:31 PM

[quote]Austin district to delay in-person classes for first 3 weeks of new school year

Two Texas teachers in my family, so I'm watching to see their school districts announce online learning. Please, baby, please. Schools are disease factories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282July 15, 2020 12:54 AM

Wait until a kid or two ends up on a ventilator or dead. How many parents are willing to throw their kids into a meat grinder?

Are these the same helicopter parents that want to manage every second of their college age students’ lives? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 283July 15, 2020 2:38 AM

[quote]Wait until a kid or two ends up on a ventilator or dead. How many parents are willing to throw their kids into a meat grinder?

Betsy DeVos said only 15,000 kids would die this school year. No biggie.

by Anonymousreply 284July 15, 2020 2:42 AM

An asymptomatic child at an in-home daycare led to a covid-19 outbreak that has (so far) infected 16 in 4 families, including 6 kids at the child care, 1 sibling, 7 parents, & 2 grandmothers.

But opening schools won't be a problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285July 15, 2020 12:38 PM

NY opened daycares...I don’t think that is a good idea. That is just baby school - with the same risks as regular school.

by Anonymousreply 286July 15, 2020 3:19 PM

You cannot successfully open schools in this pandemic.

Shit, you can't even get all the adults to agree on wearing masks. You don't think some of these parents aren't going to try and pull some "My Kyler can't function all day in school with a mask on" bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 287July 16, 2020 5:06 PM

CNN: The White House is blocking CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield and other officials from the agency from testifying before a House Education and Labor Committee hearing on reopening schools next week, just as the debate over sending children back to classrooms has flared up across the US

by Anonymousreply 288July 17, 2020 9:51 PM

I'm in Georgia and a lot of counties are making the decision to have virtual school for at least the first semester. One county near me has offered the parents the option of going to school or online classes, but 3 other counties have decided to keep the schools closed

by Anonymousreply 289July 18, 2020 1:20 AM

The GOP is fine with people shooting up children in school. Why should they care about covid

by Anonymousreply 290July 18, 2020 1:30 AM

R290 now, in their defense those are crisis actors for a red flag event.........

by Anonymousreply 291July 18, 2020 1:34 AM

This boiling hot summer may be the only reason that we're not in total countrywide collapse. We should be using this grace period to plan for the coming bad days.

But we is Amurka. We don't do that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 292July 18, 2020 1:51 AM

R289, what do you think of Kemp's order banning local mask mandates? He really is a turd, but what's likely to happen?

by Anonymousreply 293July 18, 2020 2:43 AM

[quote] what do you think of Kemp's order banning local mask mandates? He really is a turd, but what's likely to happen?

It's super easy to criticize him. I don't know how a mask mandate in certain towns/cities can be enforced. What if a person is on the county line? The police don't have the time or resources for this. If he has a mask mandate he has to be willing to go to war with the anti-mask people. This also brings race into it. Not all anti-maskers are white. I don't even want to think what could happen if the police have to have any more interactions with black people than necessary. Of course, all the racists would be calling the police on black people not wearing a mask

For the most part, people are wearing masks and a lot of stores are helping by requiring masks

by Anonymousreply 294July 18, 2020 11:46 AM

R294, I'd think if a locality, like Atlanta, wants a mask mandate, that should be their prerogative? Then it's up to them to figure out enforcement. Mayor Bottoms in Atlanta certainly seems to want to keep her mandate. Gov Kemp suing her to overturn it seems ill advised.

Most places with mask requirements aren't enforcing heavily, but using them to reset expectations. In my city the mandate has definitely increased the % of people who wear them. It just seems nuts to me that a governor would go out of his way to deny the option in a state where some areas are so deep in the COVID danger zone.

by Anonymousreply 295July 18, 2020 12:31 PM

Mayor Bottoms is a black lady, right? In a mostly black part of Atlanta...Got it. Kemp’s issues = a black woman defied his orders and he don’t care if her demographic gets sick

by Anonymousreply 296July 18, 2020 2:31 PM

We need to start brainstorming literacy programs to deal with the kids who have not kept up and will not keep up with their e-mailed worksheets. Millions of American kids haven't touched a book since March and watch cartoons all day while their parents are working.

by Anonymousreply 297July 18, 2020 2:33 PM

R169, Well, Trump's weaponizing it to get rid of Black and/or older Democrats, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 298July 19, 2020 10:05 AM

The thing that bothers me, one of them, I mean, is that Turnip has done NOTHING to mitigate the risk to these kids! It’s no different now, than it was last February, except COVID being more prevalent, of course.

Trump likes to ride the wave of his China travel ban, as ineffective as it was, as if it were some great accomplishment, but it should have been one of many things.

by Anonymousreply 299July 19, 2020 11:20 AM

Pierre, Trump and the GOP don't care that little kids get massacred in school. Why do you think they'd try to mitigate the risk of a deadly virus?

They want us all dead. I'm not joking. This is not hyperbole. The GOP is trying to kill us. We have to stop pretending we're surprised that they're doing these dangerous, deadly things.

by Anonymousreply 300July 19, 2020 11:26 AM

R300 Do they think only democrats will die? I don’t get this. The infection hurts us all including the bottom line??

It’s breath taking how stupid so many Americans are. Fighting for their right to not wear a mask, die kill you too, kill your kids. Are we a nation of serial killers ?

Some levity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301July 19, 2020 11:42 AM

You know kids k-2 are only required to mask 25% of time. Somehow the false belief is kids don’t spread it?!?! One school wants kids K-2 full time 5 days/week only mask 25%! Oh and 30 + kids/class?!

State sponsored mass murder

by Anonymousreply 302July 19, 2020 11:50 AM

Nobody's got anything to say about R297?

by Anonymousreply 303July 19, 2020 11:51 AM

No, angel of death, nobody’s got anything to say about your stupid attempt to distract the conversation from the death you are causing.

Your techniques are so transparent it would be laughable if you weren’t murdering so many people.

by Anonymousreply 304July 19, 2020 11:56 AM

I agree R301 and I'm struggling to figure out why they believe this will lead to massive profits.

I assume their goal is to ruin entire institutions and businesses and have their own companies take over education, the post office, military, etc.

by Anonymousreply 305July 19, 2020 12:09 PM

R304 So y'all just don't give a fuck. I mean, I knew, but you've confirmed it so thank you.

You're all very confused why you never get what you want.

by Anonymousreply 306July 19, 2020 12:26 PM

We give a fuck about children dying, you evil piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 307July 19, 2020 12:27 PM

As has been pointed out over and over again, it is very rare for children to contract Covid-19. As in, there have only been a couple hundred worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 308July 19, 2020 2:01 PM

[quote]You all are causing so much suffering and heartache clinging to your doomsday scenarios. Pretending to have empathy while doing it, too. Ghouls.

This rightwing psychopath has been practically spamming DL with his bullshit. Nearly 150 posts just on two threads alone, this and a protest thread. Probably looking at hundreds of replies over the course of two or three days. Manic episode? Incurable assholery?

by Anonymousreply 309July 19, 2020 2:07 PM

Posting on internet board. I'm talking to people.

You are all ghouls, and painfully divorced from reality.

by Anonymousreply 310July 19, 2020 2:11 PM

[quote]As has been pointed out over and over again, it is very rare for children to contract Covid-19. As in, there have only been a couple hundred worldwide.

Complete fucking lie.

Back in April, there were already 2600 cases known in the U.S. alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311July 19, 2020 2:12 PM

In California alone, 8.5% of all cases are children under 18.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312July 19, 2020 2:13 PM

The public health director in Nueces County on the Texas Gulf Coast reported that 85 children under 2 years old, including 52 younger than a year old, have tested positive for the virus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 19, 2020 2:31 PM

R312 Shame on Newsom. I am disgusted with him. His wishy- washy kick it back to counties, is bullshit. Someone in leadership take a stance for humanity?

I feel like we are surrounded by white walkers from game of thrones. Ever since that photo of those idiots storming the hospital, all those sickos blathering on to reopen, start school, are clamoring for their own demise, while Xi and Trump laugh all the way to the bank

by Anonymousreply 314July 19, 2020 3:12 PM

[quote] You are all ghouls, and painfully divorced from reality.

Says the angel of death who is posting out-and-out lies encouraging more people to die.

by Anonymousreply 315July 19, 2020 4:02 PM

R315 Hey, at least I'm an angel.

I'm not the one wallowing and slopping around in all that sweet, sweet hate and death like some people. You seem be having a great time. Frothing at the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 316July 19, 2020 4:07 PM

Not slopping around in death? Are 140,000 corpses not enough for you? You need more?

You are not only a murderer, you are a traitor to this country for your attack on its people.

by Anonymousreply 317July 19, 2020 4:09 PM

And now she’s trying to murder children while calling us ghouls for calling her on it.

by Anonymousreply 318July 19, 2020 4:12 PM

I must have ghoul blocked because I cannot are all those posts.

by Anonymousreply 319July 19, 2020 5:40 PM

r8, why do you and 12 others seem to think that distant education means no one gets an eduction.

Distance education for k-5 won't work okay. But Middle school and high school, it can probably have strengths not in regular school. You can leave a 5th grader at home without supervision. If you can't leave YOUR 5th grader at home and go to work your parenting may be the problem.

Distance learning requires kids to log in at the time of the bell and go to their regularly scheduled classes. They are just not in the classroom and should be present and attentive in the zoom chats. There is less classroom disruption and behavior problems. You act up, you go on mute. Those who want to learn can and those who don't will get calls and messages sent home to parents.

It's will become YOUR responsibility to raise your own kids. They don't show up. You take care of it. They don't do their homework, you make sure they do. They need to eat. YOU feed your own kids.

It's not going to be forever but how about taking responsibility for your own damn kids.

by Anonymousreply 320July 19, 2020 6:55 PM

r20, the kids will spread the virus and infect their parents. Okay some kids parent's deserve to die according to you because they come from bad homes. But what about the rest of the kids who infect parents, teachers and grandparents. Now they are orphans. I bit of a bigger problem.

by Anonymousreply 321July 19, 2020 6:58 PM

Awesome post R320. ITA!

by Anonymousreply 322July 19, 2020 6:59 PM

This is a national health emergency, We should expect to treat it differently from normal for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 323July 19, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote] As has been pointed out over and over again, it is very rare for children to contract Covid-19. As in, there have only been a couple hundred worldwide.

Why are you lying? Did you just make this up? did you read it on some shitty website?

On June 26, there were 7,197 cases of Covid in children in FLORIDA alone. Today is July. So that figure is probably 2 to 3 times higher

Why are you lying? What is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 324July 19, 2020 8:06 PM

Despite what you've all coached each other into believing, wanting schools to reopen does not equate to wanting to murder children. It does equate to much better sense of social responsibility than any of you could dream of having.

By all means duck back into your narcisstistic pig wallow and convince each other that Covid is airborne super AIDS and the bah-bahs are DYING.

Just felt like I had the responsibility to issue a reality check about who the monsters are.

by Anonymousreply 325July 19, 2020 8:38 PM

Apologies, you're all n-a-r-c-i-s-s-i-s-t-i-c pigs flopping around snorting with joy in other people's suffering. Oops!

by Anonymousreply 326July 19, 2020 8:42 PM

R325, The CDC has already said that COVID is airborne. It rides minute droplets of moisture that we all exhale and that stay airborne for a few hours.

Note: if you can smell someone’s breath, you are too close. I was in an elevator with one other, both with masks, and could smell his breath. They was no way out, so I simply rode it out. But now I take the stairs.

Oh, plenty of kids are home schooled and while I don’t think that’s optimal, a single year of it in a national emergency is perfectly understandable. Children can repeat grades too. They are resilient - as long as they are alive, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 327July 19, 2020 8:50 PM

This evil bitch has convinced herself that cheering on death gives her the moral upper hand.

Unfortunately, she has no morals. She is too stupid to see how evil she is.

by Anonymousreply 328July 19, 2020 10:10 PM

We haven’t coached each other, your idiot. You are just the only person with this soulless, evil perspective.

by Anonymousreply 329July 19, 2020 10:11 PM

Bitch @R325, please, you and your Republican cohorts pretending to care about children's lives is just more sanctimonious, faux religious piety for which you guys are so infamous.

I notice one of your favorite buzz words from past campaigns, "the sanctity of life" has never, ever been uttered by any of your clowns or your aiders and abettors in the religious right. All that shit got tossed out the window in the name of making a god damned buck, right R325?

by Anonymousreply 330July 19, 2020 10:48 PM

R325 has posted 45 replies. What a nutbag. He/she doesn't understand science so they've decided science is bad. All the experts are wrong

All the low IQ folks, who have been wrong about everything, want to continue their losing streak.

If parents are that fucking stupid and want to send their kids to school, let them

by Anonymousreply 331July 19, 2020 10:53 PM

Who will care for the Covid-carrier schoolchildren once their parents and extended families, due to severe illness and deaths, are unable to do so? Will today's emptying nursing homes become tomorrow's orphanages? No one will take on the task of fostering these unfortunates at the risk of infection to their own households. More children in cages in the near future.

We cannot afford to open the schools before a vaccine is in place. Have the sense to save not only your own lives, but your children's by extension as well. Keep them home and teach them the three Rs -- and survival skills.

by Anonymousreply 332July 20, 2020 12:00 AM

He's an ignorant troll, R331. Just ignore him and move on. I mean, seriously, anyone who can post such hilariously stupid shit like, "As in, there have only been a couple hundred worldwide," really isn't worth your time. The moron is busy writing self-refuting posts that say far more about him than they do about anyone else here.

For the record, by the way, a large new study from South Korea has this to say about whether children can spread the virus:

[quote]Children younger than age 10 transmit to others much less often than adults do, but the risk is not zero. And those between the ages of 10-19 can spread the virus at least as well as adults do.

[quote]The new study “is very carefully done, it’s systematic and looks at a very large population,” Jha said. “It’s one of the best studies we’ve had to date on this issue.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333July 20, 2020 12:27 AM

MO Gov literally said children should go back to school and of course they’ll get the virus but they’ll go home, recover, and be back once they feel better. He literally says of course they’ll get it. They don’t care about teachers, school staff, the parents. They have their marching orders from prez so it’s full steam ahead.

by Anonymousreply 334July 20, 2020 7:00 PM

I hope teachers and parents will flat out refuse to go along with this insanity.

by Anonymousreply 335July 20, 2020 7:04 PM

R335 You’d be surprised how much peer pressure can play a factor here, and the parents who bitch and moan about their little Johnny and Suzy and want to get them the hell away. Also all the MAGA types who still believe it a hoax or whatever

by Anonymousreply 336July 21, 2020 3:01 PM

The word on the street in my New England state is that the governor is definitely not going to open the schools in September but he is letting everyone think it may open (parents/feds etc) but he has no intention of opening. I suspect this is happening in lots of other sane states. They’ll start soon by pushing the start day later into mid-sept to buy some time, see the southern states fail and then have valid reason to shut it all down.

by Anonymousreply 337July 22, 2020 12:35 AM

You are right R337. And that's very smart of these governors. I have a feeling the cases will have skyrocketed out of control by next month

by Anonymousreply 338July 22, 2020 10:42 PM

I think a great many Democratic governors wouldn’t dream of opening schools. They’ll need to act early enough for parents to figure out what to do with their kids, though. If they delay too long, they could face a backlash.

Trump is a sadist and sociopath. Even his own staff knows he has terrible judgement.

by Anonymousreply 339July 31, 2020 4:12 AM

Even dump isn’t sending his own child to school in September.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340August 1, 2020 9:34 PM

NYT: Indiana student tests positive on first day of class.

CNN:Mississippi high school student has tested positive for coronavirus during the first week of classes.

Detroit Free Press: Two summer school students test positive.

by Anonymousreply 341August 1, 2020 9:58 PM

I have a friend who actually used to be my best friend who moved from Ca to Mississipi years ago for her husband's job. she used to be an average democrat not too liberal not conservative. She is now a trump supporting anti-choice Christian. She was bragging that her grandkids were going back to school showing off pics of them. That was yesterday and today 100 kids in Mississippi schools tested positive for COVID. The fool still thinks this virus is a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 342August 5, 2020 11:00 PM

We’ll know in 1 to 3 weeks how this shakes out.

by Anonymousreply 343August 5, 2020 11:12 PM

R342, to be perhaps overly pedantic, that's how many are in quarantine but that's not how many tested positive. Per CNN, it was six students and one staff member, with 116 students who were in "close contact" sent home to quarantine for 14 days.

Your overall point still stands, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344August 6, 2020 12:10 AM

Other outbreaks also showed up in Indiana, Georgia, and North Carolina. I'd post the link to the Miami Herald but DL doesn't like the link for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 345August 6, 2020 12:14 AM

My COVID-19 brings all the boys to the ER and they’re like it’s worse than the flu. Damn right it’s worse than the flu. I would teach you but you can’t breathe.

by Anonymousreply 346August 6, 2020 12:28 AM

Texas positivity rate up 5 points to over 17% in last 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 347August 7, 2020 12:14 AM

TX here- my doc said he would not send his kids to school anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 348August 7, 2020 11:15 PM

Schools are overcrowded anyway, so this is working out well for them.

by Anonymousreply 349August 8, 2020 3:03 AM

What I don’t understand is if the right wing thinks public education is a left wing indoctrination, why are they forcing it open? It seems hypocritical. Wouldn’t they push for alternatives to push their agenda?

by Anonymousreply 350August 8, 2020 8:24 AM

Because the Repugs see schools as child care, not education

by Anonymousreply 351August 8, 2020 1:12 PM

R350, the rabid right-wing these days want whatever they think will piss off "the libs" the most. It's pretty much that simple.

by Anonymousreply 352August 8, 2020 5:30 PM

If reopening schools causes an expected explosion in cases the gop is fucked beyond belief. It’s mind boggling. This will go as well as reopening so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 353August 8, 2020 8:26 PM

Jersey City schools are not opening in September. They were considering a Hybrid model, but decided against it due to recent CV spikes where schools did open in other states. They will consider 100% remote until further notice. Whew!

by Anonymousreply 354August 9, 2020 9:06 PM

Texas positivity rate hits new high of over 19%. Opening schools is now political. Not about science but politics. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 355August 9, 2020 9:13 PM

Is that 19% just kids going back to school, r355? Or is that just an overall increase?

Still fucking frightening.

by Anonymousreply 356August 10, 2020 1:33 AM

Asking people with education degrees to figure out healthcare policies and procedures for staving off a deadly disease is CRIMINALLY INSANE.

"Okay, we'll assign the Assistant Field Hockey Coach to take temperatures on Mondays and Wednesdays,...."

"Each teacher will need to inform the Main Office when a student needs to use the lav, so we know how many will be in the hallways when."

"Yes, students will be allowed to remove their masks to eat their delivered lunches. Whichever teacher has that lunch duty will circulate to collect the trash, at which time students must put their masks back on."

"No, we have not heard from the state yet regarding Physical Education."

"There will be no Marching Band this semester. Mr. Augustino will teach Woodwinds on Mondays, Brass on Tuesdays, Tympani on Wednesdays, and so on."

"As you may know, three of our bus drivers have quit: Louie, Ed, and Carla. So if you know anyone,...."

by Anonymousreply 357August 10, 2020 4:43 AM

R356 Whole state.

by Anonymousreply 358August 10, 2020 4:49 AM

My ex started back school today with just teachers. Half wearing masks only. Social distancing was about half. That doesn’t work if you’re indoors with air conditioning. All or nothing. He said of course most are Trump supporters. Some flat out refused to wear a mask. Some said it wasn’t that bad and that everyone was going to get it. This is Harris County, Tex= positivity rate of 24%.

by Anonymousreply 359August 11, 2020 12:20 AM

Texas testing rates plummeted over 40%. Texas positivity rate climbed to an all time high yesterday of 24% yet plummeted to 16% today. A bunch of red states have seen huge declines in testing. Do they really think they can wish this away?

by Anonymousreply 360August 14, 2020 1:08 AM

It's more than 40%, per the JHU site. A couple of weeks ago, they were averaging around 60k tests a day. The past two days, it's been less than 20k. Based on the link below, the positivity rate is still around 24%. Maybe you're visiting a site that updates faster than Johns Hopkins does?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361August 14, 2020 1:16 AM

KPRC in Houston reported it was 16% and said it was a curiously steep decline since the positivity rate had been climbing each day. Cooking the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 362August 14, 2020 1:56 AM

It looks like it was just a glitch in the reporting as today's numbers from the link in r361, show a massive increase in tests, over 120,000.

by Anonymousreply 363August 14, 2020 3:40 PM

All of them should be shut down. Even in low spot places. The budgets for the school districts aren't sustainable for this type of environment.

And now there's rumors that NY schools might have to shut down during days when it's too hot as well.

by Anonymousreply 364August 14, 2020 3:57 PM

We know online learning is not close to ideal but it’s better than millions dead in a year.

by Anonymousreply 365August 14, 2020 9:58 PM

Well, hundreds of thousands, certainly, R365.

What really pisses me off is that, due to Trump's incompetence, we now have no good choices. Trying to educate kids from home, particularly younger kids, is horrible. They need socialization; they need other kids; they need teachers, structure, activities.

And forcing them to stay home puts a terrible burden on a hell of a lot of families, as they need to provide the devices and Internet access, as well as try to manage child-care when both parents need to work to support their family. This puts working-class people and communities at a terrible disadvantage.

On the other side, we've already seen multiple outbreaks in schools that have tried to start early without adequate support, protection, facilities, plans, etc. And those children will pass the virus on to faculty, staff and administrators, as well as taking it home to their parents and extended family. We're already seeing super-spreader events.

There are no good choices; there are only horrible and slightly-less-horrible choices. And it's all so fucking unnecessary.

Had we had competent leadership this year, we'd have brought the virus down in every state, not just in New York, and we'd have the infrastructure, support, and control that would allow us to reopen safely and quickly and efficiently stamp down new outbreaks as they occur. It's maddening that we're losing a year because we voted in an ignorant, narcissistic buffoon who is incapable of learning, incapable of listening to experts, incapable of putting competent people in charge.

by Anonymousreply 366August 14, 2020 10:07 PM

R366 That’s a lot of truth.

by Anonymousreply 367August 14, 2020 10:40 PM

Everything I do for this country and this is how they treat me? 🤡

by Anonymousreply 368August 15, 2020 8:54 AM

Told you so

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369September 4, 2020 5:59 PM

The University of Illinois is an interesting case because they did one thing very right, massive and ongoing testing, and one thing very wrong: they used a model for reopening developed by two physicists. Even worse, it was a model that just didn't make sense to anyone who knew anything about college students.

[quote]U of Illinois brought back 40,000+ students to campus based on a model created by 2 very confident physicists, who said epidemiology was important but intellectually unchallenging.

[quote]Things are not going as planned, because it turns out students party and live together.

Among other things, it assumed that interactions between college students were essentially random. But students have classes together, live in dorms, fraternities/sororities, and off-campus housing together, hang out with the same group of friends: it's exactly the opposite of random.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370September 4, 2020 8:02 PM

[quote] He doesn’t even give context or reasoning to why he is tweeting this, he just tweets it.

Trump doesn't need to explain, as the leader of a cult he sends out the orders and his faithful cult followers obey and repeat his every word. Cult followers don't need or deserve an explanation.

by Anonymousreply 371September 4, 2020 8:24 PM

[quote]test

by Anonymousreply 372September 6, 2020 12:49 PM

[quote] test

by Anonymousreply 373September 6, 2020 12:50 PM

How many people did dump and his cronies kill with this insane push to open schools?

by Anonymousreply 374September 11, 2020 3:25 PM

R374 None, you clown.

by Anonymousreply 375September 24, 2020 6:55 PM

Well, well, well, Politico has picked up on the obvious.

You repulsive suburban cows are America's #1 white supremacists. As you were informed months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376September 24, 2020 6:58 PM

What irritates me about this is social security administration isn't open as well as many courts. You can't say schools must open, but federal agencies don't have to.

by Anonymousreply 377September 24, 2020 7:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!