Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How Do I Make This Into a Ringtone?

I want it. It’s perfect for 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 11:26 PM

Carlos was one of the earliest trannies. Might help explain the quite disturbbed music.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 4:42 PM

There are lots of versions of this “Music for the Funeral for Queen Mary” by Henry Purcell. But I like Wendy Carlos’ version that she did for A Clockwork Orange soundtrack the best. I guess she must have had second thoughts about it because I cannot find the original version anywhere but here.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 4:48 PM

I DVRd this (thank god for TCM!) and tried to watch and found it more disturbing than I remembered. But the music is quite apt.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 8:53 PM

For OP: you have to purchase the song online through your phone. Once it’s in your library of purchased songs, you can select it as your ring tone.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 9:33 PM

[quote] Might help explain the quite disturbbed music

She specifically recorded the music for the soundtrack of A Clockwork Orange. It’s the opening scene. It’s about violent, dysfunctional people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 9:45 PM

I can’t purchase it. Nobody sells this version. I can’t download the original soundtrack

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 10:10 PM

I would say 'convert an MP4 to an MP3" but that would confuse you.

Simple version: Record your computer screen with your phone's voice recorder app. Use the RingTone Maker app and choose that bit of audio and... (deliberately misspelled) ... Wala!

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 10:17 PM

Why would you ever want that as your ringtone? You would just annoy the shit out of other people who are near you when it rings.

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 10:20 PM

OP: Use your laptop to play the song. Then, use the VoiceNotes app on your iPhone to record the song as it plays. You can edit the VoiceNote and clip it back to the portion you want. Then email it to yourself and open it on your laptop. It will be an "M4A" file, so right-click it and type "M4R," then save and close. It should then show up on your iTunes as a "tone." Go to the options on your iPhone and select your custom tone.

You can google some articles about this...just search for m4a and m4r.

I used this to make my husband's ringtone when his mother calls, "The Booo-KAY residence...the lady of the house speaking"...

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 11:22 PM

^^^ If you don't have a laptop, you can play it on an iPad, a desktop, or a friend's phone.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 11:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!