Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If Trump quits before the election what will that do to Biden's chances?

I had that thought today.

by Anonymousreply 64June 30, 2020 2:21 PM

Please share all your thoughts daily, OP. A new thread for each and every one. No skimping!

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 11:38 PM

help a little bit, Biden needs so much help at this point, I am not sure what will happen.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 11:39 PM

R1 if you can't fucking contribute something that's helpful, then fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 11:56 PM

OP, DL has a tradition of being cunty in R1, they are simply carrying on a weird tradition.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 12:00 AM

Biden is in a basement bunker. God help us all! Meanwhile, his son Beau is swindling an International Orphan's charity with his $2million consulting fee. Such a family. Also, Beau recently had a baby out of wedlock with a stripper. That makes Melania look saintly.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 12:07 AM

Thanks R4, I know. I've been on this site forever.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 12:08 AM

[quote] [R1] if you can't fucking contribute something that's helpful, then fuck off.

I found r1 extremely helpful and hope to hear more from him.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 12:11 AM

Muriel needs to give this thread an enema!

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 12:14 AM

Depends who the GOP rustles up to take his place.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 12:17 AM

Where is Joel and his elderly neighbor these days?????????????????

Is it true Joel now has a Prince Albert?

Update please.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 1:37 AM

Is this Joel's Daddy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 1:39 AM

I think centrists want to vote Republican, especially if the protests and riots (civil disorders) continue. Any Republican has a better chance than Trump. If we have real riots late in the summer, even Trump will win. And Pence does not come with Trump's personal baggage.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 1:45 AM

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 1:51 AM

Trump's ego won't allow him to quit.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 1:54 AM

Oh, please, R12. Pence has the stink of Trump all over him. He’s a Stepford wife with (allegedly) a penis. The riots/protests have been over for weeks now. Most people support BLM at this point.

[quote] Biden needs so much help at this point

Yes, clearly. What with being only 10+ points ahead in the polls and all.

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2020 1:55 AM

Who knows. Trump was 10+ points behind a month before the last election when his pussygate tape came out and still won.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 1:59 AM

I have an idea. The Repubs should nominate Bernie Sanders. That way all the BernieBros will have a reason for living, the Dems will control the White House and Congress, and stability will return. Why not, Bernie was not a Dem anyway.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 2:00 AM

R16, that's because he was running against the only person in America he could beat.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 2:01 AM

[quote] Trump was 10+ points behind a month before the last election

He was never 10+ points behind.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 2:02 AM

Biden's son Beau died five years ago.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 2:04 AM

R19 he was. The third week of Oct 2016 polls from ABC, CNBC, AP, and Reuters all showed Clinton with a 10-13 point lead over Trump

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2020 2:07 AM

And after Comey's letter all her leads sank to under 5.

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 2:12 AM

Yes R22 just looking at the ABC tracking poll, she bled 11 points in one week. Went from being up 12, to up 8, to up 5, to up 1 in just one week. Comey fucked her so bad

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2020 2:15 AM

Comey and Trump has a huge assist in a craven national media, such as the execrable NYTimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2020 2:19 AM

[bold] The One With Both Biden Trolls And H-Stans Relitigating The 2016 Election

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2020 2:25 AM

How many times do people have to be told that the national polls don't mean anything? Because of the electoral college, it's a matter of states. Remember 3,000,000 more votes?

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2020 2:27 AM

[QUOTE] And Pence does not come with Trump's personal baggage

But he also doesn't inspire the Trump cultists like Trump can.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2020 2:30 AM

It would be a wash.

Whichever sucker they get to replace Trump would win back some moderate Republicans but would lose as many, if not more hardcore MAGAts who were not interested in voting for anyone who was not Trump and would likely sit home.

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2020 2:33 AM

How many times do pedantic jackasses need to be reminded that Trump can't win the Electoral College with a national 10+ point deficit?

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2020 2:33 AM

Little to no effect.

The pandemic the recession and Russian hacking is not the time voters want to hear about the “small government” horse shit the Republicans would nominate.

Besides, the GOP is a fascist party and they would never turn against or question Hair Furor.

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2020 2:39 AM

{quote] Hair Furor.

I'm sorry son, but we're not taking anyone new right now for open mike night.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2020 2:41 AM

[quote]but would lose as many, if not more hardcore MAGAts who were not interested in voting for anyone who was not Trump and would likely sit home.

This is not based in reality. Those people you describe would literally rather die than cede the country to the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2020 2:46 AM

How many times do dolts like R 29 need to be reminded that the electoral vote discussion was about Clinton, not Trump?

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2020 2:49 AM

Hair Furor is hilarious.

I’ll describe the SCROTUS any way I like.

by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2020 2:53 AM

If Trump quits his cultists will refuse to vote at all. It'll be a Democratic landslide of unimaginable proportions.

by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2020 2:54 AM

Biden and his team will make this election a referendum on Trump. Biden will let Trump dig his own political grave. When someone is sinking don't throw that person a lifeline

by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2020 3:01 AM

If Trump quits, I think Biden loses. Almost all of the Dem enthusiasm is related to getting rid of Trump and there's a lot of right-leaning people turned off by Trump who would gladly vote for someone with the same policies who just didn't come off like such an asshole idiot all the time.

by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2020 3:29 AM

Nah, they love Trump because of his racism. That's it. Without that the Trump cultists will sit at home and scream about libtards rather than vote.

by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2020 3:40 AM

Joe needs help? All he has to do is sit back and let Trump shoot himself in the foot. Daily. This developing story about the Russian bounties alone should kill him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2020 4:03 AM

Joe needs help? All he has to do is sit back and let Trump shoot himself in the foot. Daily. This developing story about the Russian bounties alone should kill him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 30, 2020 4:03 AM

Nah, nobody gives a shit about anything to do with Russia. Those who would vote Republican wouldn't believe it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 41June 30, 2020 4:05 AM

If any Republican is tainted with the stench of Trump, people will turn away.

by Anonymousreply 42June 30, 2020 4:18 AM

[quote]And Pence does not come with Trump's personal baggage

Just this old bag he got on discount

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 30, 2020 5:13 AM

[quote]Nah, nobody gives a shit about anything to do with Russia.

But they (supposedly, anyway) give a shit about American soldiers. If all of this is true, it would be as gross a dereliction of his Presidential duties as he could possibly commit. Fucking with Biden and the Ukrainians for his and the Republicans' benefit is one thing. Knowing that Taliban fighters were receiving Russian bounties for killing American troops and doing nothing about it AND lying about it when called out on it might be that bridge too far for the Republicans to follow. All it would take is one big crack in the Republican dam to bring it all down.

by Anonymousreply 44June 30, 2020 6:44 AM

I would also add that his pick of VP could be the nail in the coffin, just like with Hillary and Tim Kaine. What the hell was that? Biden will need to bring more to the table to secure a win. I guess we'll have to wait until that cat is let out of the bag. August 1st(?).

by Anonymousreply 45June 30, 2020 7:32 AM

If the Republicans nominate someone sane, then Biden is screwed.

by Anonymousreply 46June 30, 2020 7:35 AM

R45 - maybe and maybe not, but yes - Kaine was no help. As gag-inducing as that queen Pence is, he solidified the evangelical base for Dump. Kaine brought absolutely nothing to Hillary's ticket. I always had the impression that she wanted Warren at the time - but knew that 2 women running would be a no-go for too many voters. What a strange world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2020 7:41 AM

Trump wasn't running on an abysmal record in 2016.

Joe is soaring in the polls as trump shoots from foot to foot.

I would not be surprised if Trump is impeached BEFORE the election and removed BEFORE Biden's inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2020 9:03 AM

Biden will lose this thing with or without Trump.

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2020 10:20 AM

I don't think Trump will quit. People are speculating he will quit and be pardoned by the now President Pence before the election so he won't end up in jail, but I just think Trump is too stupid and too narcissistic to even think of that as an option.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2020 10:28 AM

Trump needs the Presidency to protect him - for now.

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2020 10:33 AM

"If the Republicans nominate someone sane"

Sane? Republican?

Hahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2020 10:37 AM

R52 I mean someone Republicans that have abandoned Trump and are voting for Biden. If the GOP nominates Kasich, Weld, or Romney, then Biden could lose GOP support.

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2020 10:39 AM

What do you think OP theist Pence will win in a landslide. Ahhhh not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2020 11:12 AM

That’s why Democrats have to run against not just Trump but Pence as well.

by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2020 11:19 AM

I think a far more likely scenario is for Trump to bow out of the race, but not the presidency. He will complete his term. He will be replaced on the ballot by Ivanka as an October surprise. It will be a win/win. She has the Trump name and the Republicans can claim the first woman president. She will run on continuing the Trump legacy. It will appeal to the MAGA crowd and moderate Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 56June 30, 2020 11:23 AM

Many of Trump's voters voted for Obama

They are scared and looking for any sign of change

by Anonymousreply 57June 30, 2020 11:23 AM

Once Trump is declared the official GOP nominee, he can’t just back out.

by Anonymousreply 58June 30, 2020 11:24 AM

R58, even if he has health reasons? Common, there is *always* and out.

by Anonymousreply 59June 30, 2020 11:26 AM

I think his name stays on the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 60June 30, 2020 11:43 AM

[quote] nobody gives a shit about anything to do with Russia.

Not even remotely true.

If Trump quits the 2020 GOP campaign will implode.

by Anonymousreply 61June 30, 2020 12:09 PM

The interesting challenge is to imagine just what this would look like. The Trump coalition is not the Republican coalition. Rust Belt and Midwestern Trump supporters are not a slam dunk for Romney. Would Nikki Haley be able to rally anti-immigrant America Firsters? Would Cruz be able to resist the opportunity to whine his way to the nomination?

None of this works out quickly. Rushed campaigns tend to make mistakes and fail to bring contentious factions together, especially if there are multiple candidates.

by Anonymousreply 62June 30, 2020 12:38 PM

I don't trust the polls. There are many "closet" Trump voters who will lie to friends, family and pollsters.

by Anonymousreply 63June 30, 2020 12:42 PM

R63, all the more reason to vote, and get like-minded friends and family registered and voting.

by Anonymousreply 64June 30, 2020 2:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!