Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Faye Dunaway Leaves Angry Voicemail

Why am I only just now finding out about this? You’d think DL would be quoting this shit constantly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 4:08 PM

That thing is like fifteen years old.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 11:21 PM

We WERE quoting it constantly, eight years ago when it first came out.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 11:21 PM

She ruined "Mommie Dearest". First by being cast: she looked nothing like Joan and acted even less like her. And 2nd by trying to take over the production, telling everyone what to do and how to do it.

It became the camp classic she deserved.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 11:31 PM

Yeah Jack, this is Faye Dunaway...Look I've raced some of the stuff from the O'Neill interview but I'm not really interested in Terry O'Neill - he's a BIG, BIG LIAR and I'm really not interested in in him and you know all and dilly-dallying and carrying over Mommie Dearest...I don't even want to discuss it in my interview or on this Lloyd-Webber thing: those are NEGATIVES and I notice that you have nothing in about Marlon Brando, you have nothing in about Johnny Depp which I did two films with, I don't expect you to get get him for an interview, but you could put some footage in of the of the Kusturica movie which I was BRILLIANT in and it was not well sold in this country you can talk about the Marlon Brando film that I was wonderful in. All the POSITIVE things along that that period, the Marlon Brando film was going on at the same time that the Lloyd-Webber STUPIDITY was going on and you all have to put in the Lloyd-Webber STUPIDITY, you can't put in that I worked with the wonderful Marlon Brando and talk to the director of that movie FOR CHRISTSAKE! And I'm not gonna approve it and I'm really upset now because that uh for two nights now tried to thread through that STUPID interview with a with a man that I will not even waste my time discussing. And and you know who, suffice it to say, stopped working when he married me and pretended to be my manager for a very long time so LET'S NOT EVEN GO THERE! It's very upsetting to me! And then to put my uh our child in JEOPARDY the way he has. So I'm not interested in these NEGATIVE things that you all are putting in there with me in! I don't want Llloys-Webber in, I'd like you to cut him out, and I'd like you to really trim down everything to do with that Mommie Dearest, I'm not gonna talk about it, maybe one thing I'm gonna say about it and THAT'S ALL. It's just like uh you know an obsession, why can't you be obsessed about POSITIVE THINGS?! About Marlon Brando? About the Kusturica movie that was THE HIT OF ALL THE EUROPE AND CANNES? About uh, the film I did with Brando and talk to that, YOU KNOW?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 11:32 PM

R12 I think it was more like 12 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 11:48 PM

It’s old news I know but one thing I just picked up on is the 6:14 am call time ...she was not waking up at that time that’s for sure.

I knew a couple of people who lived near her old 79th cheap ass place she was kicked out of — she was a total insomniac and always going to the drug store or bodega in the middle of the night in her pajamas.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 11:55 PM

R6 I remember she claimed that rent controlled lease on 79th street after her acting coach passed away (I think that’s how she got the lease). There were a few other celebrities in expensive apartments paying below market rates. Cindi Lauper was one, I think, and possibly Mia Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 1:13 AM

[quote] I'd like you to really trim down everything to do with that Mommie Dearest, I'm not gonna talk about it, maybe one thing I'm gonna say about it and THAT'S ALL.

My favorite part.

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 4:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!