Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Off-the-chain unbelievable CNN reporting on Trump’s calls with foreign leaders.

Must be read to be believed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 2, 2020 8:53 PM

I just noticed the byline. Such a flamethrower.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 10:40 PM

Former DNI Dan Coats always had a look like he was contemplating punching Trump in the face.

And was grimly enjoying the fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 10:43 PM

How did you link to that article, OP? Every politician who knows and who remains silent about the allegations in that story is responsible for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 10:47 PM

He called Angela Merkel a “fool.” He wanted his horrified staff to praise him after every call. He took foreign policy advice from the Kushners. He let Erdegon and Putin walk all over him because he knew nothing about anything. He whined all the time to foreign leaders. Yes, it’s everything we imagined—but read the article anyway. It’s just so horrible.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 10:51 PM

OP, thank you. I read the entire article. His behavior with our allies is outrageous. However, this jumped out at me; is it some sort of semantic wordplay on Bernstein's part?

[quote]CNN reached out to Kelly, McMaster and Tillerson for comment and received no response as of Monday afternoon. Mattis did not comment.

What is the difference between 'no response' and 'did not comment'? It seems so goofy. Why wouldn't Bernstein include Mattis with the first three?

I realize this is distracting to the topic but there's something that bothers me about Bernstein making this distinction.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 11:05 PM

It might mean that Mattis replied but refused to comment.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 11:08 PM

R5, it’s just journalistic terms. Don’t read too much into it. R6 is right, Mattis was reached Somehow but said/emailed maybe no comment or hung up. The others weren’t reached at all.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 11:11 PM

Trump poses for the photo by picking up the phone, despite their being no one on the line. This is known. .

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 11:18 PM

R5, it seems pretty clear to me. Three of the four did not call back. One of the court did call back, but had nothing to say. On the record at least.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 11:20 PM

[quote]Putin "just outplays" him, said a high-level administration official -- comparing the Russian leader to a chess grandmaster and Trump to an occasional player of checkers.

[quote](At times, the Putin-Trump conversations sounded like "two guys in a steam bath," a source added.)

This "source" is a DLer, right? I think Trump would have difficulties with checkers, tbh.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 11:21 PM

Did he verbally abuse Theresa May?

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 11:21 PM

Yes, he did, and she was intimidated by him. It's in the article.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 11:28 PM

He called Merkel "stupid."

[quote] Meanwhile, the President regularly bullied and demeaned the leaders of America's principal allies, especially two women: telling Prime Minister Theresa May of the United Kingdom she was weak and lacked courage; and telling German Chancellor Angela Merkel that she was "stupid."

[quote] But his most vicious attacks, said the sources, were aimed at women heads of state. In conversations with both May and Merkel, the President demeaned and denigrated them in diatribes described as "near-sadistic" by one of the sources and confirmed by others. "Some of the things he said to Angela Merkel are just unbelievable: he called her 'stupid,' and accused her of being in the pocket of the Russians ... He's toughest [in the phone calls] with those he looks at as weaklings and weakest with the ones he ought to be tough with."

How the two women reacted:

[quote]Merkel remained calm and outwardly unruffled in the face of Trump's attacks —"like water off a duck's back," in the words of one source -- and she regularly countered his bluster with recitations of fact. The German official quoted above said that during Merkel's visit to the White House two years ago, Trump displayed "very questionable behavior" that "was quite aggressive ... [T]he Chancellor indeed stayed calm, and that's what she does on the phone."

[quote]Prime Minister May, in contrast, became "flustered and nervous" in her conversations with the President. "He clearly intimidated her and meant to," said one of CNN's sources. In response to a request for comment about Trump's behavior in calls with May, the UK's Downing Street referred CNN to its website. The site lists brief descriptions of the content of some calls and avoids any mention of tone or tension. The French embassy in Washington declined to comment, while the Russian and Turkish embassies did not respond to requests for comment.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 11:28 PM

It's all theater.

And I already believe what I believe.

I don't need another article or news story to TELL ME what to believe.

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 11:35 PM

Serial rapist, wife beater and daughterfucker with a long history of insulting and belittling women treats female world leaders with disrespect. Big surprise there!

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 11:35 PM

It’s not about being surprised. It’s about how extraordinarily damaging this reporting is to the office of the presidency

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 11:40 PM

Who will play this chump in the biopic?

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 11:48 PM

His posture when he’s with Putin is one of submission. He looks like a middle-schooler when in the presence of the school’s coach.

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 11:53 PM

Trump famously (in our country) yelled at our Prime Minister Turnbull on the phone several years ago. The call transcript was released to the media.

It was because of a deal Australia made with President Obama ( a REAL President) to do a refugee swap which Trump hated and was furious about. Then in a White House press conference discussing the episode days later, Sean Spicer incorrectly named Australia's Prime Minister as Trumbull and didn't correct the rude error. It was obvious that none of them could have given a fuck about Australia as an ally.

It REALLY pissed a lot of Australians off and is remembered.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 12:00 AM

Indeed, R18; he reminds me of my sister's Schoodle, who would curl into a ball, paws covering his eyes any time my giant Maine Coon thundered into the room...or up the front hallway...down the back hallway...hell, any fucking place in the house.

Total submissive.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 12:01 AM

I guess CNN stories post now?

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2020 12:04 AM

Pelosi's right. Putin has something on him.

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 12:11 AM

r19, I remember that too!

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2020 12:12 AM

R22, with what we already know, one can only imagine how bad this news is.

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2020 12:14 AM

If Pelosi is willing to say that, she must have a pretty good idea of what it is. She's always been very careful about what she says.

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2020 12:18 AM

I think we're just on the cusp of more revelations of ineptitude and self interest of this abomination, in light of upcoming tell-all books from former staff. History and Hollywood will not be kind. Poor Barron.

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2020 12:19 AM

I agree, r26. I think the worm has turned. I think there is a concerted, organized effort to drop these stories. And I think this is just the start.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2020 12:29 AM

[quote] I think there is a concerted, organized effort to drop these stories. And I think this is just the start.

Exactly. The timing of this one is perfect. It's been in the works for months so it seems pretty clear that it was released today for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2020 12:33 AM

R8, I’m surprised the fool doesn’t do it Vinton Harper style and hold the phone upside down, talking into the ear holes.

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2020 12:39 AM

This is so outrageous it is difficult to even comprehend. Trump is so sickening in his pure ignorance, lack of brain power to comprehend America's place in the world, any history whatsoever, it is difficult to understand how to ever right the ship of state. The public needs to be made even more aware of his idiotic incompetence. It is up to the Biden Administration and Congress to hold endless hearings and demand to know why McMasters, Bolton Kelly et al refused to stand up and support the United States in the hands of a clearly demented Trump.

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2020 1:59 AM

How did Bernstein get hold of all those phone call transcripts? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2020 2:06 AM

Lot of leaks lately.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2020 2:09 AM

R31, great journalistic work.

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2020 2:10 AM

Is anyone actually surprised by this? This cretin has been a failure in just about every business venture he has undertaken in the past 40 years and who was a goddamn game show host prior to being elected by the morons of this nation.

by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2020 3:00 AM

Agreed, R34. It’s been clear from the beginning. It is still quiet something to get confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2020 3:02 AM

You can still be shocked by the specific details, R34.

by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2020 3:05 AM

I love that Miss Angie Merkel doesn't conceal her contempt for this puddle of anal leakage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2020 3:10 AM

[quote]demand to know why McMasters, Bolton Kelly et al refused to stand up and support the United States in the hands of a clearly demented Trump.

Those fucking cowards need to be strung up along with Trump!

by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2020 3:29 AM

"Gorl look how orange you fuckin' look gorl"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2020 3:33 AM

I love how she just leans into his cross-armed, smirking orange face, R37.

by Anonymousreply 40June 30, 2020 3:35 AM

He is the most disgusting thing I have ever known off.

by Anonymousreply 41June 30, 2020 3:38 AM

"Mein Gott, make it schtöpp"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 30, 2020 3:40 AM

"Really, kveen?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 30, 2020 3:41 AM

NO ONE at Fox News knows about this. 40% of the population will never hear about these facts. As INSANE as it is, it is not even considered “news” at the most watched “news” station in US. Democracy is doomed - the US is a fading, failing has-been who has lost any ability to lead in the world. So so sad.

by Anonymousreply 44June 30, 2020 3:43 AM

Trump’s crossed-arm pose as in R37, is one of those giveaways that can so easily be read by, well, just about everybody.

by Anonymousreply 45June 30, 2020 3:43 AM

The entire world will breath a sigh of relief when Trump is ousted.

by Anonymousreply 46June 30, 2020 3:48 AM

Merkel has no problem rolling her eyes at Putin, she probably thinks Trump is lower than the dirt between her toes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2020 3:49 AM

[quote]The entire world will breath a sigh of relief when Trump is ousted.

I can imagine people having spontaneous parties everywhere, not just in the US. Like the universal victory over EVIL.

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2020 3:54 AM

I imagine it sort of like Violet's Snow White fantasy in 9 to 5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2020 4:00 AM

R15. Daughterfucker! I love it.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2020 4:15 AM

This story will go nowhere unless some powerful and really credible MSM personalities pick it up and talk about it.

But, is anyone really surprised by all of this? The story (IMHO) is light fire to the Republican asses. Just as most of us are not surprised by these revelations neither are they. How and why did they let this go on?

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2020 4:37 AM

Carl "Watergate" Bernstein isn't credible r51?????

RELEASE THE TRANSCRIPTS

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2020 4:40 AM

Maybe to you and me, R52. But, FOX and friends, etc will just chew this him and this report alive. I'm seeing it already on the internet... "But, it's CNN. They're not credible," etc.

Most Americans won't even read the piece. It's too long and there aren't any pretty pictures...

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2020 4:51 AM

After reading that story, most leaders must be horrified to deal with this guy and I'm certain they all make fun behind his back and can't believe that idiot is actually the president of the United States. But I dont get why people like Merkel or Macron actually still deal with him. The article mentioned that Macron is calling him all the time and trying to convince him to change course on environmental topics etc. while Dump is aggressive and hostile. Merkel just declined to attend his G7 meeting and he was pissed. I think he hates nothing more than being ignored and instead of dealing with him, they should just all ignore him.

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2020 5:02 AM

[quote]Merkel doesn't conceal her contempt for this puddle of anal leakage.

Speaking of anal leakage, this picture has quite a story to it too. The way Angela Merkel is bending forward terrified Trump a little bit, that's why he looks frozen in that picture. This scare caused the backside sphincter malfunction event which was heard by everyone in the room: a little bit of sewer sounds and like a toilet has been flushed deep not underground but undernappies. And this event very unfortunately also triggered a wardrobe malfunction but not the kind Janet Jackson got us used to experience. Something like wet fecal matter leakage coming out of your pockets. You can see that John Bolton's nose is having none of it and he wants to go like his life Depends on it. Everybody felt quite uncomfortable in the room although each one of them pretended that nothing had happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2020 7:55 AM

I believed it before I read it.

After I read it, I didn't believe it, so....

this thread is disingenuous

by Anonymousreply 56June 30, 2020 12:28 PM

R44, I know that Fox is excrement, but it doesn’t reach 40 percent of the people. Tucker Carlson (Not Hannity—hah!) is the most watched person, and he averaged 4 million viewers. Still 4 million too many, but it’s good to remember the viewing audience is very fragmented. The others are split between CNN, MSNBC, and the networks.

by Anonymousreply 57June 30, 2020 1:00 PM

[quote]disingenuous thread monitor

They've been asking for you over on the Sam Heughan thread r56. Maybe you could go over there?

You're not really needed here.

by Anonymousreply 58June 30, 2020 1:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 30, 2020 3:50 PM

MSNBC seems to be ignoring this story for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 60June 30, 2020 6:22 PM

Angela Merkle is brilliant...why could she not turn into a street thug and threaten him in his stupidity? I know most mature and educated people don't talk like the street but it is the only thing the orange one understands.

by Anonymousreply 61July 1, 2020 5:34 PM

Even now, the Trump administration blames everything on Obama. Obama worked hard and left pretty much every thing in good shape while Trump has done everything he could into shit, at Putin's instruction.

by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2020 6:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 1, 2020 6:43 PM

I love it r63

by Anonymousreply 64July 1, 2020 6:47 PM

"you pathetic midget. I'll kick your wrinkled old ass all over Europe if you so much as smirk at me".

by Anonymousreply 65July 1, 2020 11:45 PM

DJT: “Enrique, Enrique! You don’t have to pay for the wall, you just have to say you will.”

Enrique, Mexican President on the phone: “Donald, I’m not going to pay for your fuck’in wall.”

DJT: “But Enrique, I’ll look like a fool if you don’t...”

This was an actual conversation Trump had with the Mexican President.

by Anonymousreply 66July 2, 2020 12:47 AM

I just read this article. Just when you think he's hit bottom, the trap door opens. It's not surprising in the least, but the details are stunning beyond belief.

Has this gotten any traction from other news outlets? I haven't watched or read the news for a few days now. Just too depressing. Has the bounty for troops story crowded this out?

by Anonymousreply 67July 2, 2020 6:42 AM

Old news. He's behaved that way towards foreign leaders since Day 1.

by Anonymousreply 68July 2, 2020 6:54 AM

Yet he somehow polls just behind Biden. The real dummies are U.S. Americans.

by Anonymousreply 69July 2, 2020 7:09 AM

It defies all logic, doesn't it R69? I can never fully wrap my head around that fact. Had more faith in my fellow man than was deserved I guess.

He has been an embarrassment to this country since day one. He needs to go!

by Anonymousreply 70July 2, 2020 8:33 AM

[quote] I can imagine people having spontaneous parties everywhere, not just in the US. Like the universal victory over EVIL.

I imagine something like what happens at the end of the various versions of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 2, 2020 11:06 AM

I can't help but wonder if Deplorables are really, really proud at having PUNK'D their very own United States of America and reduced us to being a Putin checker chip, not any simples "chess" piece. Just stupid cunts that Vlad played.

by Anonymousreply 72July 2, 2020 8:29 PM

r72, in their delusion they think they use Putin to get what they want and Putin will go away on his own with a "happy I could help!" exit.

by Anonymousreply 73July 2, 2020 8:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!