Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Grantchester

Did it always suck?

by Anonymousreply 17Last Tuesday at 3:20 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Monday at 12:39 PM

There the shadowed waters fresh lean up to embrace the naked flesh.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Monday at 12:39 PM

It's always been kind of dull, storytellingwise.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Monday at 12:44 PM

It’s gone from bad to really terrible.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Monday at 12:49 PM

So it seems like they are setting up the same scenario with the new guy. Can't marry but has steamy anguished sex with girl friend. If that's going to be the case, I wish the writers had made her an anti-marriage (not anti-sex) Trotskyist or something, "marriage enslaves women", that kind of thing, up front. So she can opt out of the draaaama.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Monday at 12:52 PM

This season was better than in the past because they've expanded the world by adding more characters to the mix. It became tiresome after a bit, especially Geordie's home life, but I liked that it was more than just Geordie and Will.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Monday at 12:52 PM

I was really disappointed in it from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Monday at 12:53 PM

I enjoyed the first two seasons. James Norton was easy on the eyes and I enjoyed his friendship with Robson Green’s Geordie. Hated the married love interest (and that actress has stunk up everything I‘ve seen her in since.). It officially umped the shark in Season 3 in an episode in which Sidney leaves the parsonage to infiltrate a band of gypsies.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Monday at 12:58 PM

I liked the first two seasons well enough, but I started to lose interest in the following seasons. Once James Norton was gone, there was no reason for me to keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Monday at 12:59 PM

It has become like a Ryan Murphy show in that it exists in its own reality. This most recent season has the gay vicar being very open about his homosexuality, and in that time period, he probably would have been arrested and jailed.

He goes on vacation with his boyfriend (where'd that money come from?), he brings his boyfriend to the birthday party. I'm waiting for the sour-faced housekeeper to report his ass to the authorities.

The thing is that I really liked the tortured, supressed gay vicar. It had a certain poignancy in the show that is now lost.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Monday at 1:09 PM

Was this show basically a rip off of Father Brown?

In season 3 it’s revealed that Mrs McGuire, the sanctimonious housekeeper, has a husband who is still alive and is a professional grifter. On Father Brown there was also an episode where we learn that the husband of Mrs. McCarthy, the sanctimonious church secretary, is alive and a professional grifter.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Tuesday at 12:52 PM

What is this Granchester, yet more from Julian Fellowes?

by Anonymousreply 12Last Tuesday at 1:23 PM

[quote]What is this Granchester, yet more from Julian Fellowes?

It's not from Julian Fellowes. None of the plots are stolen.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Tuesday at 2:00 PM

what happened to the ginger? hollywood dreams bashed?

by Anonymousreply 14Last Tuesday at 2:05 PM

still working.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Tuesday at 2:07 PM

[quote]what happened to the ginger? hollywood dreams bashed?

He's the star of the horribly titled McMafia on BBC One and AMC. He had a small role in last year's "Little Women".

by Anonymousreply 16Last Tuesday at 3:17 PM

[quote] He's the star of the horribly titled McMafia on BBC One and AMC. He had a small role in last year's "Little Women".

He's doing a third season of "Happy Valley."

by Anonymousreply 17Last Tuesday at 3:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!