Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dangerous wildlife. America.

Where in the USA would you be most frightened to step outside with your little pooch and head out for a nice long walk?

(I'm referring to animals -so no jokes about Baltimore or Chicago etc...I mean you can tell them, of course...you know what I mean).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 6:32 PM

I would be scared in the Southwestern deserts- desert animals are scrappier and mean. More likely to attack. Plus, being so isolated means if me or my puppy got bitten by something venemous we'd be far away from help.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 6:58 PM

The ticks are really what people need to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 7:01 PM

Definitely the SW desert. Black widows, rattlesnakes, scorpions. Nooo thanks.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 7:07 PM

Yellowstone and the surrounding region probably has the highest concentration of apex predators -- grizzly bears, wolves, mountain lions, black bears. Running into a grizzly bear is a real concern there. I came across more than a few on a few hikes. Never hike alone there.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 7:09 PM

I live in a densely populated area of LA County, less than 1/2 mile from two major freeways, and we've had bears, mountain lions, and coyotes in our neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 8:32 PM

We have coyotes in our neighborhood. People have seen them walking down the middle of the street at night. They eat cats, little fluffy lap dogs and rabbits.

If you see one near your home, you’re supposed to make loud obnoxious noises so they’ll think you’re scary. Honk your horn, bang pots and pans. Use your voice so they know humans are the cause of the noise. Don’t have a peaceful interaction with them because it teaches them it’s fine to get really close to houses and snatch pets.

Walk in remote areas with a air horn, that will scare damn near anything and they’ll be happy to get away from it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 11:47 PM

I just bring Cheryl with me wherever I go.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 2:59 AM

Alaska

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 3:54 AM

[quote]Yellowstone and the surrounding region probably has the highest concentration of apex predators -- grizzly bears, wolves, mountain lions, black bears. Running into a grizzly bear is a real concern there. I came across more than a few on a few hikes.

Yet you don't say what you did. Saying what you did to save your life could save a gay life.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 5:05 AM

Bitches, please. I live in southwest Broward County. Within the past 2-3 years, we've had the following within a mile of my house:

* 3 gators

* 2 pythons

* Asian water monitor

* countless water moccasins & rattlesnakes. A few months ago, one of my literal neighbors had one on his front porch.

And this isn't out in the country... my area is at least as urban as Staten Island. The nearest virgin vacant lot that's never been touched by a bulldozer is at LEAST a mile away... probably 2 or 3.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 6:20 AM

I had to google "water moccasins".

And...OMG!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 6:43 AM

I seriously hope to Jeohvah, Xenu, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster that this post about a guy releasing king cobras into the Everglades is a joke. If it's a not, this guy seriously needs to be thrown into a pit full of them as punishment, because those fuckers will breed like crazy if a pair of them ever get released into the Everglades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 7:54 AM

R10 What’s an Asian water monitor? Is it some Chinese dude staring at a lake and holding a clipboard?

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 8:27 AM

The ferocious cougars of West LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 8:32 AM

Are you kidding? Did you not read my post about the raccoon in my back yard?

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2020 8:54 AM

R12 There are already cobras in Florida. A couple of years ago, someone was going door-to-door letting neighbors know his had disappeared. A few years before that, a large (I forget how many feet) snake skin that had been shed by a King Cobra was found in the front yard of an apartment building.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 9:11 AM

Sharks ... the answer is always sharks.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 9:28 AM

Feral chickens, those fuckers peck really hard.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 9:44 AM

Giant snakeS sound absolutely terrifying!

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 3:47 PM

If I lived in Florida, I'd be more concerned about other Floridians than I would about any animals.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 6:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!