Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Veteran actress HOLLAND TAYLOR

Sarah Paulson's wife and an acclaimed actress. What more do we know? Have you met her?

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 8:27 PM

Safe to say notorious pussyhound and big bush supporter...

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 3:23 PM

I saw her perform her one woman show about Ann Richards, the governor of Texas. I was sitting in the front row, and she told a dirty joke that had a great, unexpected punchline. I dissolverd into a melt down of uncontrollable laughter - the stuff actors dream of hearing from an audience. For the rest of the play, whenever she had any more dirty jokes or raunchy punchlines, she would plant herself directly in front of me and deliver the line. She knew a cackling hyena when she heard me.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 3:27 PM

I watched that on PBS. It was terrific.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 3:29 PM

she ashed a cigar into my eye once.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 3:31 PM

That's hilarious, r2

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 3:33 PM

She should do the "Bosom Buddies" reboot.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 3:34 PM

Yes, I'm jealous much, r2.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 3:36 PM

I'm picturing Sarah flipping this old carcass around in bed. It amuses.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 3:36 PM

Two and a Half Men sucked majorly, but it did have a savior in Holland Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 3:39 PM

I loved her in Legally Blonde.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 3:41 PM

I'm surprised that with all the sexism, lesbophobia and ageism in HW, this woman has a pretty decent career, this goes to show that personality and intelligence in the way you manage it plays a pretty good part.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 4:21 PM

She was great in Gloria with Julianne Moore.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 4:40 PM

R12, Gloria? Which Gloria? The one with Gena Rowlands (1980) or Sharon Stone (1999)?

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 4:45 PM

This one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 4:48 PM

R14, meh.

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 4:50 PM

I have. She's a delight. Modest.

Loved her Emmy speech. "Overnight!"

I raved about her work in Next Stop Wonderland, a thoughtful romantic comedy about how you meet the person you're supposed to WHEN you're supposed to. She told me her nephew wrote it and she appeared in the film because of him.

She nailed the role of Evelyn Harper, a mother unable to give the love to her son Alan that he craved.

She told me that CBS gave her a hard time about going back to recur as her judge character on The Practice while being a regular on 2.5 Men.

Les Moonves (CBS Chief) had guested on the Practice as himself and Holland quipped: Well, Les is on the Practice! Why can't I do it?

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 4:51 PM

I've loved her since I was a young gayling and she was playing the deliciously evil Denise on The Edge of Night.

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 5:10 PM

I have met her and found her a delight.

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 7:22 PM

[quote]Sarah Paulson's wife

I've never heard they were married.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 8:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!