Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prediction: Trump will be removed from office very shortly, Part 2.

Please continue—previous thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2020 3:05 PM

We'll have to vote him out, and then remove him using armed Marines because he is a cantankerous, contrary grifter who will not want to lose his power, influence and place at the robber barons' trough of free money.

January 2021 is going to be action packed!

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 3:11 PM

[quote] ...and then remove him using armed Marines...

Hopefully this will be televised.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 3:13 PM

The fact that Fox News published an article earlier floating the idea of him leaving office before the election is very interesting imo. I haven’t read anything like that in liberal publications or NYT, WaPO, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 3:20 PM

he will resign for health reasons as soon as they are finished gutting SUNY, so that he will not be prosecuted by NY. Pence will quietly finish the term pardoning any of the important cronies and blocking prosecutions as needed, then Biden will take office. Dems will also take the house and senate and begin the long process of undoing damage and healing the country, not to mention getting us out of this pandemic mess. That's my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 3:22 PM

He will possibly leave in January of next year. If the Democrats do not get their act together, he will leave in January of 2025. Fasten your safety belts, it is going to be a bumpy ride.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 3:23 PM

They don't have to bring in the marines just arrest Ivanka an d threaten her with a long trial and jail Trump will do anything including leaving to get her off.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 3:23 PM

I he loses in November, I anticipate a tidal wave of pardons and then he'll resign before Christmas so he won't have to be at Biden's inaugural.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 3:38 PM

^^^And during Pence's short presidency, he will pardon Trump.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 3:39 PM

I said yes he will resign, which if he leaves before the election is the scenario I think it most plausible. But he won't resign. We're on the cusp of July. You'd be hearing drum beats if this was happening but the Republicans have shattered into clueless camps. The Trumps who aren't going anywhere. The McConnell/Grahams who are certain the party will get lucky somehow and they'll survive if it doesn't. The Collins who are inert and doomed. The Remaining Senate who are frightened to antagonize the mythic base. The Romneys who are hoping to emerge from the rubble. They are all in the same brakeless car, hurtling downhill, uncertain if at the bottom the road levels out or that's a cliff edge.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 3:40 PM

We cannot wait until November, let alone January. Stop normalizing this situation. Waiting for later to have a cinematic denouement is too dangerous.

He is spinning off of the rails and clearly mentally unstable already. The longer he is allowed any access to power the longer he will try to derail the country.

So much speculation, but there are a few thoughts to consider:

--The core of the GOP is up to their eyeballs in corruption. They will not willingly give up power without some kind of concessions and back room politicking. That may be why Nancy has taken impeachment off the table--she is negotiating to get him out. The de facto head of the GOP, Mitch McConnell, only has two choices, walk away and have justice rain down on him, or die swinging--unless he can strike a deal.

--I believe I read Great Britain and/or The EU confirmed the Putin deal. They must be scared of what Tre45on knows and what he can do. I hope they have a mechanism to force the issue. Regime change is messy business, but when you're closest ally has gone to the dark side, extreme measures may be necessary.

--John Roberts is showing some spine. He is one of the last Reagan conservatives. I hold out hope there is some arcane law or mechanism that gives him just enough power to put this over the edge (which presumes that somehow Pelosi can overrule McConnell--even if it's just a tiny bit).

--Iran issued an arrest warrant for It this morning. Again, regime change is messy in general, but what do we do if our biggest enemy takes out someone we don't want anyway? Corollary: What if he's indicted in The Hague?

On the other hand, I think the talking in DC and on Fux are for the audience of one. If they they can get him to spin entirely off of the rails or have a full on, very public health emergency the GOP can save face and do the "honorable" thing to protect the American people. In other words, there is no honor among thieves and they may be gaslighting him.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 3:40 PM

Good post R10!

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 3:51 PM

I was going to post about that piece too R3

I guess it's not surprising--they see that Trump seems to be spiraling out of control and get that a pandemic which is about to make Houston the worst-hit place on the planet is a lot more serious than pussy grabbing.

And truth is Pence would win more votes than Trump who is losing Republicans who have decided that no amount of conservative judges is worth what he's doing to the US. I don't think Pence would win, but it would not be the massive drubbing that Trump is likely to get.

Keep An Eye Out For: Polls showing how Pence would do against Biden. That will definitely be a sign things are moving beyond mere "what if"

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 3:58 PM

And so it begins. Fox News: Trump is bleeding support and ‘might drop out of the race’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 4:00 PM

[quote]he will resign for health reasons as soon as they are finished gutting SUNY

What does a college system have to do with this?

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 9:16 PM

R4, it’s SDNY, not SUNY, and it is not the state of NY, it’s the Federal arm of the US. Even if he’s pardoned, he can’t be pardoned for state crimes.

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 9:49 PM

+1 for armed Marines.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 12:17 AM

DJT was golfing with his queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 1:33 AM

She's taken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 1:36 AM

So on Chris Cuomo, a Senator said the intelligence report every day can be 40 or 50 pages long. And only the most egregious items might be brought up to the President, maybe- maybe not.

Then Susan Rice said on Maddow that this Russian bounty hunter shit most certainly would be something she would have marched right into the President as a serious matter.

All roads lead to a distracted POTUS who dropped our national security yet again.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 1:55 AM

R19: Distracted? No. Don't give a fuck because he is Putin's guy? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 1:59 AM

Disinterested, not distracted.

If it's not about him, he does not give AF.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2020 2:06 AM

Stupid post

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 2:28 AM

so you will take that mentally deficient Biden?? He won't be able to follow the oath when it is read to him. He's scarecrow's brother!

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2020 2:56 PM

Must try harder, R23.

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2020 3:01 PM

Stupid post r23.

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2020 3:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!