Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I legitimately thought Beyonce was Lil Kim in her BET video

Is she attached to a glutathione IV 24/7? I’m shocked at how light she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 11, 2020 2:49 AM

Britney Spears leading into Beyonce has been two decades of forgettable autotuned over-produced music.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 5:33 AM

Beyonce is always beautiful. Gorgeous. She's the same color she always was. Lighting and makeup play beautifully on our darker skin. Beyonce is a redbone. Gorgeous girl she was and an even more beautiful woman today. She's always been light skinned. We're well past that obsession. The OP is upset that Beyonce's new visual album is about the take over the W O R L D. Again. She runs the world and she's about to help change it. Go on Queen. Make us better. Show the way.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 5:41 AM

"Dismantle a racist and unequal system" says the black multimillionaire.

Looks like that "racist" system is working out just fine for her.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 5:48 AM

If Beyoncé has 1/100th the charisma Rihanna does she might actually be the generation-defining artist she thinks she is. There’s just no... “there” there. She’s beautiful, sings well, performs unbelievably, seems well-intentioned, but she’s just kind of a void.

My bf and I watched Beyoncé and Taylor Swift’s respective Netflix concerts recently, and while Beyoncé is undoubtedly a better vocalist and dancer, Swift at least draws you in.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 5:56 AM

Note that all the praise R2 is related to her appearance and "beauty" and not a word about the shitty songs and bland boring vocals.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 5:56 AM

Yes, R4. For sure. Beyonce should try to be more like Taylor Swift. That's it. Were you and your pappy wearing your compression hose when watching the Homecoming special? I hope so gramps. That was a very specific performance that was made with love for an audience a bit darker and 45 years younger than y'all and all y'all. Remember this Beyonce? The ancient white men like to remember shaking their ASS. Beyonce is a thousand different performers. The greatest live performer of all time, certainly among the top five - along with Prince, Jagger, Tina Turner and young MJ.

Beyonce's songs are not shitty R5. Wow, you're out of it. No accounting for the hatred of her haters. Except of course there is. Racists are dead R5. Or dying on the vine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 6:11 AM

R6 I’m 27, actually. Please refill your meds.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 6:14 AM

Edumacate yourself. Start here R4. No one under 60 knows Bey's work from her Netflix special. Hilarious. I'm only on one med. Be better R4. And stop lying. I do like Rihanna though too. But she has no charisma as a performer AND she can't really sing too well. So you obviously never leave the couch if that's the only way you know music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 6:18 AM

R8 I never said my only exposure to Beyoncé was her Netflix special, just my most recent.

I actually saw Rihanna’s Anti tour and she oozed charisma. She didn’t have elaborate dance routines or pyrotechnics, but you couldn’t take your eyes off her because she’s just so fucking cool. Vocally she’s improved, but obviously she’s no Aretha.

Are we done here?

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 6:24 AM

We won't leave you out R5. You seem more like a Cosmo girl. Like you turned 30 around 1984? Here is a more approachable list for y'all. Don't try to take it all in at once. Beyonce is everything and more. Her music busted out of that freakum dress a long time ago. She's one of the most important artists of all time. And a great singer and seismic dancer who happens to also be very beautiful. Stay humble. Strive to do better. Like Bey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 6:25 AM

R10 how embarrassing to have such SHITTY taste and boasting about it

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 6:27 AM

This thread could be used as a manifesto as the rantings of an insufferable bottom

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 6:30 AM

Bey looks like Becky with the blonde hair The dull cunt.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 6:34 AM

R6 so weird people think that those that realize Beyonce's music is crap and is completely overrated that she represents the entire black race, therefore = RACIST

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 6:36 AM

R7 you have no idea how little anyone on DL is interested in you opinion on anything

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 6:36 AM

R10 this is so sad I had to re-read it

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 6:37 AM

I don't think R4 is insufferable. Just lying about his age and how many decades it's been since he attended a big arena concert. He's a bottom for sure. We make good use of them. But he's way over 50 - that's why he thinks that Beyonce makes Netflix concerts. Ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 6:39 AM

NO ONE UNDER THIRTY POST ON DATALOUNGE......EVER!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 6:40 AM

Can Beyoncé stom using black movements for her own self promotion? Ever since the 2016 Super Bowl it’s all she’s done. It’s old already.

It’s funny how she only discovered her blackness when she fell out of favor on the pop charts.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 6:43 AM

Beyonce is that boring choir girl that always sings the national anthem.

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2020 6:50 AM

She’s white now like MJ. Her voice is atrocious. Yeah she can sing but it isn’t pleasant. She’s got a lot going for her but she can’t get a hit song since forever. Guess she should duet with Ariana. That gets hitless wonders hits. B can sell albums but she panders to the black market who buy it whether or not they like it. Still, she’s fighting it out with Taylor for top current female.

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2020 6:51 AM

Semi-unrelated to Beyonce (whom I'm not a fan of and have said repeatedly someone should've paid for some elocution lessons for her to be understood in interviews and her attempts at acting), but...

We're still allowed to say "redbone?" Asking for a friend who likes light-skinned guys. I've actually seen two guys on Grindr in the past week who are self-professed redbone and state they are in their profile. Is this okay for white people to say? I can't keep up with all the rules these days. I always thought Beyonce claimed to be of Creole origins, anyway...her mother definitely is Creole.

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2020 6:51 AM

Beyoncé has always been black. WTF? Only an old white racist fag would say such vile shit. R19. You are always starting threads negating her greatness and relevance. You're a miniscule presence here and smaller in this great big world. Peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2020 6:52 AM

Seriously though to have your pick of any guy in the world and you pick the ugliest guy in the world.

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2020 6:55 AM

R21, Taylor Swift wins. Higher album sells and ticket sells.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2020 6:56 AM

Yes I agree. By a mile. But B is second. Ariana a close third. She gets tons of hits and is a touring force. Dua Lipa is probably fourth. Bitch sold a lot of albums and gets solo hits.

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2020 6:59 AM

It’s hard to rank the current female pop stars in terms of impact because your massive touring acts (Swift, Beyoncé, Pink, Shakira) aren’t the same people getting huge streaming numbers (Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, fucking Camila Cabello). Radio seems to be as finicky as ever.

Swift can still sell a million hard copies of an album, but she’s an anomaly and sales aren’t really an accurate measuring tool anymore. I’m curious to see what kind of numbers Adele’s next record does.

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2020 7:13 AM

Adele will be massive.

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2020 7:23 AM

I get mistaken for Beyoncé all the time. Us light skinned girls suffer more racism than our darker sisters cause we ain’t white OR black enough. Thank God Beyoncé and me know our worth and who we really are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2020 7:29 AM

Becky with the blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2020 8:37 AM

cant she and her hubby go away

sick of their faces , publicity, and bullshit

move to Mongolia and spend ur zillions on the poor

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2020 9:48 AM

No kidding, she a skin bleacher like many of em…..why they want whiter skin???

google images of her, her nose is more narrow also, they all seem to get it done.. why do they want to remove the beauty of their natural black race which is so innately georgous

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2020 9:54 AM

He's let himself go!

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2020 9:57 AM

OMG look at old pix of naomi . la supermodel.....do they get more work when they bleach?

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2020 9:59 AM

OP’s pic looks like one of those sex dolls. Weird.

I enjoy Beyoncé sometimes, & sometimes I don’t.

I love Rihanna, but I don’t compare the two, because they’ very different artists.

Solange, Bey’s sis, makes better music, in my opinion.

Also, I don’t think she bleaches. That’s lightning and makeup. I don’t bleach, and depending on lighting, makeup, and season, I can look very light, or darker.

I don’t understand why white people don’t understand this? Depending on one’s coloring, one can be black or biracial and tan, even sunburn, just like white people do! Hello?

Another thing that always puzzles me is when white people insist I had a nose job. Bitch, what??? I couldn’t possibly be born with a perfect fucking nose? Well, I was. An ex even asked my mom if I had a nose job, as did one of my best friends.

I don’t think it’s healthy or advantageous to anyone to start policing the bodies of minority women or men, just because they don’t look like you expect them to look like. That’s fucking weird, and really creepy.

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2020 10:10 AM

R27, Ariana’s tours have done big business and her last one was the most successful yet.

“ The tour attained both critical and commercial success. It received positive reviews from critics, who complimented both the stage design and Grande's vocals. The Sweetener World Tour was attended by an audience of 1.3 million and grossed $146.6 million from 97 shows, surpassing her previous concert tour, the Dangerous Woman Tour, as her highest-grossing tour to date”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2020 12:51 PM

R36 is that a real thing? Why is there blue snot dripping down her face? Why are her eyes crossed?

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2020 2:16 PM

she not a bleacher, her always been light skinned.

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2020 2:22 PM

Oh, dear x500!

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2020 3:30 PM

There are quite a few stories about this on Google. It's not a new thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2020 3:49 PM

Stop the racist nonsense R40. Beyonce does not and has not ever bleached her skin. She also hasn't had a nose job. This is what black women have to hear all day long. They did or they didn't or they should have or it looks like or if only. It's not racist to mention that Beyonce is light skinned. She refers to herself as a yellowbone in one of her own songs. (she's redbone - but they are pretty much interchangeable) Our skin photographs many different ways and takes light and makeup beautifully. Darker skin is more reflective. Beyonce has always been beautiful. Viola Davis is beautiful. Whitney was beautiful. Diana Ross is beautiful. Black is beautiful. Periodt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2020 10:58 PM

Did she get darker when she gave birth? Did her nose grow wider? What morons racist old fags are, R40.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 11:03 PM

So Beyonce is going all MJ and transitioning into becoming a white woman?

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 11:12 PM

That cunt has so had a nose job

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 11:14 PM

Pretty hurts. Beyonce is pretty as fuck. If you can't classify her features - that's not her problem. She knows where's she's going & she knows who she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 11:15 PM

If black is beautiful, then why does Beyonce have Korean hair?

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 11:21 PM

She’s had more than one nose job.

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2020 11:21 PM

Those nutty ancient white RACIST faggity fags are upset again tonight.

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2020 12:10 AM

R41 Periodt? Go back to Twitter.

R48 if you aren't gay, why are you here? Shoo now.

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2020 4:38 AM

Beyonce is gorgeous, and an incredible entertainer, if somewhat overrated as a vocalist. What matters is that when she says something, people pay attention. More than probably any other star.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2020 4:55 AM

R50 What has she said of interest?

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2020 5:11 AM

She lost some wait, I think all the filters on the camera and illumination give her a "glowing" that make her look whiter.

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2020 6:01 AM

Of course the lady has had work done. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2020 6:34 AM

Because there is no new content being made due to COVID19, the BBC is replaying old Glastonbury broadcasts. I watched a bit of Beyoncé’s show, and I just don’t get the big deal about her. She works like crazy to make something of dull repetitive songs, but it doesn’t work for me. I fully expect Beyoncé worshippers to lose their shit for saying the unsayable. And Taylor Swift looks like a rat with lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2020 7:01 AM

OP These people all look the same....

by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2020 7:13 AM

R46 dyed blonde.

by Anonymousreply 56June 30, 2020 7:16 AM

R54 yeah she's not the picture of ideal beauty, the modern Helen of Troy like one poster seems to keep claiming. She's pretty, but there's prettier women.

She's so bland that she can't be parodied on Drag Race. There's no personality. If it wasn't for her husband's philandering she would have nothing interesting about her at all, and even that seems more like a business relationship than a love story.

by Anonymousreply 57June 30, 2020 11:22 AM

OP, it's your suggesting that you can legitimately think that has us clutching our sides. No fucking body who can legitimately think would be seen dead on this trash site! But like all truly dysfunctional families, we welcome you back every time you return because you know you can't stay away.

by Anonymousreply 58June 30, 2020 12:05 PM

Redbone....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 30, 2020 12:15 PM

[quote]I see it, I want it, I stunt, yellow-bone it -I dream it, I work hard, I grind ’til I own it

[quote]I twirl on them haters, albino alligators-El Camino with the seat low, sippin’ Cuervo with no chaser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 30, 2020 6:19 PM

I'm annoyed that she's pushing that oldest child into show business.

by Anonymousreply 61June 30, 2020 9:06 PM

R61 blacks will not support Ivy blue like her mom, she’s too dark skinned and not pretty enough.

by Anonymousreply 62June 30, 2020 11:47 PM

R62 sadly she'll probably get some surgery done in her teens. Preferably to whoever did Kelly's nosejob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 1, 2020 3:26 AM

All those names for the varying degrees of skin color... that’s perfectly fine, right? It’s okay to classify people according to their darkness. Like a caste system, is it?

by Anonymousreply 64July 1, 2020 11:51 AM

R61 Totally agree with you, but it's the only parenting style Beyonce ever learned. She had some of the thirstiest stage parents around. They could give Lynne Spears a run for her money, and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 65July 1, 2020 1:23 PM

You dummies, she has on a TON of makeup and she's under fancy professional lighting and filters. Her people can make her look however she wants. Tomorrow her beauty team will generate a new look for her just so you peasants will take to the internet to gag and talk about it!

by Anonymousreply 66July 1, 2020 1:35 PM

Calm down ladies. Right now, most sane American's would swap QB for current leadership.

What stands out to me (because I might have been interested then), was Destiny's Child. There was some mainstream media burning QB's mom about their disposable status. So when I see her, I just see another concoction thrown together and forced down my throat.

by Anonymousreply 67July 1, 2020 1:47 PM

Jumpin' Jumpin', July 2000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 1, 2020 2:05 PM

Beyonce wore House Of Dereon to the Oscars. Never forget.

by Anonymousreply 69July 10, 2020 8:57 PM

R69 she wore that tacky shit everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 70July 11, 2020 2:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!