Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are we still on track for economic collapse?

A few of my neighbors told me "we'll be absolutely fine. It's not going to happen because it's July already." I stood there confused and thinking WTF?

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 11:57 PM

Nope. Its a free-market economy...some businesses will survive, some won't; new ones will spring-up to take their place and absorb the workforce. It will take a decade to recover, but we won't collapse.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 4:38 AM

Well if you fucking Americans hadn't ignored Covid 19 precautions the markets would be returning to some state of normal by now But everyday most of your states keep breaking COVID 19 records and the markets are tumbling accordingly. Masks and social distancing...that ALL you bastards had to do....BUT NOoooooooooo.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 4:43 AM

Did they drink Lysol too?

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 4:44 AM

Oh, kiss my star spangled ding dong, R2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 4:45 AM

R2 You're pretty much preaching to the choir here. Rant to the fucktard-in-chief and the Republican governors who ignored all the early warnings and killed thousands of people

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 4:47 AM

Yes. $600/week unemployment runs out in one month. When millions default on mortgages and don’t pay rent/car/credit cards shit will hit every fan.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 4:48 AM

OP, the extra $600 per week the federal government is throwing in, only goes thru July 31. This only kicked the unimaginable down the road a bit.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 4:48 AM

So by the end of the year we'll be shit.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 5:32 AM

[quote] So by the end of the year we'll be shit.

Yep. It will be a tsunami. Right now we are scratching our heads wondering why the water is receding from the shore.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 5:39 AM

Good way of putting it, r9.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 5:43 AM

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 5:37 PM

How did it happen again? Bailouts went to the top while individuals get screwed.

How did this happen? AGAIN?

Why aren’t people more outraged by this?

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 5:39 PM

Well r12, ADD OCD Americans focus is never on the people in power {1% / the rich.} It's always the consequences of the rich and powerful that is the focus or dumb moronic Americans. It's exactly what the 1% wants.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 6:08 PM

Yikes

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 8:23 PM

Hopefully since people are angry they’ll actually overthrow those in power

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 8:24 PM

[Quote] Hopefully since people are angry they’ll actually overthrow those in power

No. Not in the US. We are lazy.

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 9:55 PM

Americans don’t attack the super-rich because thanks to reality TV they worship them and due to the Lottery think they’ll be as rich as them one day.

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 10:04 PM

Warren Buffet not only sold his airline stocks, but he also sold his bank stocks. Scary!

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 11:33 PM

I think the economic collapse is still coming. I don’t know how the government can prop up 25% of the population for long. The biggest unknown is if/when better treatment is available and a vaccine. A vaccine will really boost things, but I think that’s still a year away.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 11:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!