Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kate Winslet to star in Lee Miller biopic

She won’t stop until she gets that second Oscar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 3:29 AM

who's Lee Miller?

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 2:40 AM

This dame, r1....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 2:43 AM

It always amazes me when stars sign on to do pics before the script has even been written. Isn't that terribly risky?

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 2:44 AM

R3: She wants that second oscar. Preferably lead too.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 2:47 AM

Kate Winslet is the thirstiest bitch to come out of the UK.

So sad to see what she turned into after a great start to her career.

She didn't deserve the first one.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 2:47 AM

I would disagree. I thought she was pitch perfect in The Reader, and not afraid to be unlikeable. Quite well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 2:50 AM

Who WAS Lee Miller and why make a movie about her?

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 2:50 AM

R6: I give her credit for not thanking Weinstein in her speech

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 2:51 AM

I think it's a change of pace for her. I had no idea that they were making a film about Dance Moms.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 3:01 AM

R3, Last year a novel was published about Miller and her relationship with Man Ray, so maybe the film will be based on that. I can see this being a second Oscar. It even has a Holocaust angle!

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 3:09 AM

A Lee Miller biopic?! Now there's a blockbuster in the making...

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 3:15 AM

Just don't nominate her against Glenn Close.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 3:16 AM

[quote]Who WAS Lee Miller and why make a movie about her?

Judging from r2's picture, I'd say it's a guy that likes to dress up as Eddie Redmayne in The Danish Girl. Why Kate Winslet wants to take on that project is beyond me, but I guess a girl's gotta eat.

Maybe Cate Blanchett will get jealous and do a movie about the men who play with My Little Pony.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 3:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!