Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Datalounge fave Lena Dunham a beneficiary of white privilege?

[quote]Mark, this is not what people are criticizing. As someone who works in TV, I find it strange that one can sell a show with a one-sheet after making an indie feature that no one saw. Yes, she had Apatow and the 1st season was good. Does not excuse that she had it MUCH easier. - Democrats of Wakanda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 5:30 AM

Lens was well connected in NYC so OF COURSE she's privileged, she was born into it. Believe me, there are so many nobodies out there with much better material. I was a script reader for awhile and was absolutely amazed by what got passed over.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 2:36 AM

Would a cow lick Lot's wife?

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 3:54 AM

I just read that article about her Dad.

What a fucking pretentious prick.

and of course, his paintings are all about being nekkid and painting closeups of genitalia.

classy

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 4:50 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 5:19 AM

Obviously. She supposedly walked into her HBO pitch meeting with a page-and-a-half summary - meaning no pilot script, no plot, no characters - and left with a deal.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 5:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!