Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING Van Jones Crosses Dark Side - He Working For Trump!

If you can't beat Trump, you might as well join him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 27, 2020 11:27 PM

[quote] “It’s not the racist white person who’s in the Ku Klux Klan that we have to worry about,” Jones said on CNN’s New Day. “It’s the white liberal Hillary Clinton supporter walking her dog in Central Park… But the minute she sees a Black man, who she does not respect, or has a slight thought against, she weaponized race like she had been trained by the Aryan Nation.”"

White liberals are (god, I fucking hate this word) "problematic" when it comes to racicsm but to say they are more of threat than the Trump supporters who want to blatantly ignore socially injustice or oppress anyone who isn't white? Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 1:31 AM

Was Van Jones always this shitty? I used to find him really likeable. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention as much as I should have.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 1:33 AM

It sounds like his brain has melted

[quote] Barely a week later, Jones effusively praised a moment in Trump’s first State of the Union address when he led a lengthy standing ovation for the widow of Navy SEAL Ryan Owens—who was killed in a botched and ill-planned military adventure in Yemen (a failure for which Trump had typically blamed Barack Obama).

[quote] “He became president of the United States in that moment. Period,” Jones claimed. “[T]hat was one of the most extraordinary moments you have ever seen in American politics. Period…For people who had been hoping that he would become unifying, hoping that he might find some way to become presidential, they should be happy with that moment.” (In an interview last year with The Daily Beast’s Marlow Stern, Jones declared defiantly that he remains “proud” of that wildly hyperbolic and hardly prophetic assessment.)

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 1:35 AM

It looks like fame went to his head. Shows what his priorities are:

[quote] By most accounts, Kushner and Jones became fast friends; Jones has been an occasional dinner guest of Jared and Ivanka Trump at their mansion in Washington’s posh Kalorama neighborhood, and Kushner introduced Jones to Kim Kardashian West, a longtime pal—along with her husband Kanye—of Ivanka’s.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 1:36 AM

Oreo.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 1:37 AM

R2, I despised him from the first time I saw him and listened to what he was saying.

Another would be Shermichael Singleton. I have no respect for either of them.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 1:39 AM

I can't stand Van Jones so this doesn't surprise me even a little bit.

That said FUCK HIM.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 1:42 AM

He has that Nation Of Islam look.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 1:47 AM

Cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 1:49 AM

[quote] Cancelled.

CNN hasn't said anything yet about cancelling his contract

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 1:51 AM

I told you bitches a long time ago Jones was in bed with the Kushners.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 1:52 AM

R11 how did you know?

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 1:53 AM

r12, the First Step Act was signed by Trump in 2018. It was the law that reduced some time off of federal incarceration sentences. Jared Kushner spearheaded it.

While it was being drafted, there were articles in both the NY Times and the WAPO about who was closely working with Kushner on the law and Van Jones was one of them. Iirc, the report was he was seen "frequently" at the WH with Kushner and gossip had it that he was at dinners at their home.

So, Jones has been Star Fucking the Kushners for over 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 2:03 AM

R13, fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 2:05 AM

Forgot to add that Jones had a briefly-held job with the Obama Administration but I think he was asked to resign.

I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 2:07 AM

Not surprising. He did an interview a few weeks back praising Kaylee Mcawhatever and her supposed "underestimated intelligence " for some fluff piece in what I believe was the NYT. It's hilarious how everytime an even moderately attractive woman (and in kaylees case I'm using the word attractive very loosely ) gains a position of power, everyone acts like she's some sort of secret genius underneath the spray tan and blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 2:14 AM

He was dead to me the second he jabbed his finger in the air and, carefully placing a few pauses for maximum effect, made that oh-so-solemn pronouncement:

He...he....became....President of the United States in that moment. Period. That...was one of the most extraordinary moments you have ever seen in American politics.

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 2:16 AM

God, I’ve always hated him. Remember his tour of America where he would pander to MAGAts equating them Democrats. I felt it was his way of saying both sides are “fine people”. Makes me sick.

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 2:21 AM

The media is full of people like Van Jones. They will talk a big game about how we need to be liberal and tolerant but the minute some sleazebag corporate republican invites them to a cocktail party, all of their phony ideals go out the window. And I'm sorry whatever you think of the Cooper incident, some random woman in a park is nowhere near the existential threat that republican organized malfeasance and stupidity is. Jones is beyond stupid. On that note, the left needs to stop wasting time obsessing over Amy and Karens (who are 90 percent of the time mentally ill ) and start going after the republican bigwigs and corporate elites. But I guess that would take actually guts.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 2:30 AM

She is properly referred to as pigeon-headed whore Kayleigh MAGAninny, r16.

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2020 2:34 AM

Fun fact: Van Jones is pre-lubed.

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2020 2:35 AM

For what it's worth, the gals at LSA drag him every chance they get.

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2020 2:38 AM

Talk about cancel culture. Van sweetie, get ready to be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2020 2:49 AM

Fuck him and the White Supremacist’s assholes he’s kissing!

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2020 2:54 AM

[quote] White liberals are (god, I fucking hate this word) "problematic" when it comes to racicsm but to say they are more of threat than the Trump supporters who want to blatantly ignore socially injustice or oppress anyone who isn't white? Stupid.

He didn’t say they were “more of a threat“. He said they were people we need to “worry about”, which is true. The enemy within are the one who stab you in the back. His point is that black people need to be cautious about who they trust.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2020 2:54 AM

Yeah, he's wrong. You dont worry about the ones who are less of a problem. You worry about the ones who actively want to suppress you or marginalize you.

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2020 2:56 AM

Like many, I sat glued to the TV on election night and watched everything. I remember after Trump's win was announced, Van Jones melted down on TV talking about how he was going to explain to his toddler children in the morning that someone like Trump was elected. He's right but the performance was a little over the top. Anyway, I am actually taken by surprise by the article. It really is the pot calling the kettle black.

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2020 3:01 AM

I still think he's hot as fuck, but #cancelled.

Be gone, Van.

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2020 3:04 AM

Van Jones was always like this, but back when the Trump administration was new, it was far more acceptable to engage in both-siderism and to give Trump the benefit of the doubt.

By that I mean the media was really into doing those things, as were pundits and talking heads. Most of us everyday folks knew it was bullshit, but the media wasn't exactly listening to us.

Since the coronavirus and the protests, the media has finally gotten the memo, and Van Jones's act no longer flies.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2020 3:06 AM

R1, I was so fucking LIVID at Jones for saying that, especially since the Amy Cooper who was a registered Democrat wasn't even the right Amy Cooper! The crazy Central Park lady hated Obama and screamed at people she knew who had voted Democrat, it was in the New York Post, they interviewed multiple people who knew her and reviewed court papers that had been filed. Jones fucking KNEW she wasn't a "Hillary Clinton liberal" and he said that anyway, the utter piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2020 3:06 AM

R30, I didn't even know that about Amy Cooper. Wow. Van Jones really is just another hack grifter trying to cash in his check.

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2020 3:08 AM

I am stunned, just stunned! Stunned is the only way to describe how... stunned I am!

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2020 3:09 AM

R30 It was just a convenient way for smarmy dipshit Jones to gain political brownie points. If there is one thing that both the right and the mainstream media absolutely adore, it's pointless shots at Hilary Clinton. By trashing Clinton, he endears himself to both CNN, NBC, the New York Times AND his creepy new right wing friends.

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2020 3:12 AM

He’s someone who actually wants to get things done, so it’s not surprising he would work with whomever he needs to.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2020 3:15 AM

He just wants to be famous - that's it. Wasn't he once crying on TV because of election results.

He's built; I wonder if he'd be a good fuck.

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2020 3:15 AM

[quote] He’s someone who actually wants to get things done

He is an expert on Environmental issues, NOT police reform

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2020 3:21 AM

Gorgeous man--too bad he's a phoney-baloney

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2020 3:24 AM

Also didn’t he go after Kamala Harris for refusing to attend that criminal justice event at the whitehouse.

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2020 3:25 AM

If I recall correctly , isn't he divorced from a relative of Jimmy Carter, possibly a niece?

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2020 3:26 AM

Betcha Jones and Jared are fucking. Or maybe he’s fucking Ivanka, or both.

Betcha.

Betcha.

Betcha, I’m right.

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2020 3:30 AM

[quote]If I recall correctly , isn't he divorced from a relative of Jimmy Carter, possibly a niece?

Billy's daughter Jana

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2020 3:33 AM

Wouldn't it be rich if Jared was an actual ... cuck?

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 3:34 AM

I always loathed him. He8s the smarmiest apologist for bigots on TV.

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 3:50 AM

Embrace President Death dumb ass. You’ll be tRump roadkill eventually and no one will care.

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 3:52 AM

I’d love to know why he was let go from the Obama administration.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 3:57 AM

I was never sold on him. He thinks the president is a sane person and can be on a learning curve. He is not.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 4:08 AM

r31, the Amy Cooper in Central Park was Canadian, No?

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2020 4:10 AM

The MAGAts like him now. He’s a Kushner plant in the media masquerading as a Trump critic but really part of a huge effort to soften Trump’s image. I hope he gets cancelled b

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2020 4:29 AM

Extremely unethical of CNN.

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2020 4:34 AM

DL was already on to this months ago.

by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2020 4:36 AM

[quote] DL was already on to this months ago.

we only suspected, now we have proof

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2020 4:47 AM

He is super shady.

by Anonymousreply 52June 29, 2020 4:49 AM

He's known to be emotionally unstable, which is why he cries a lot on air, and is always flip-flopping on Trump. One minute he can't stand Trump and then a week later he loves him. Of course some of that flip-flopping could be the result of whoever is kissing his ass at the moment, or paying him money. He's an unstable narcissist like Kanye.

by Anonymousreply 53June 29, 2020 4:53 AM

Either CNN knew or they didn’t. He could have told them and they suggested he keeps it on the low.

by Anonymousreply 54June 29, 2020 4:54 AM

Uncle Tom Van Jones

by Anonymousreply 55June 29, 2020 4:54 AM

Birds of a feather

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 29, 2020 4:58 AM

R56 Two deplorable/disgusting snow queens

by Anonymousreply 57June 29, 2020 5:01 AM

I always knew he has was a phony bitch. After a State of the Union Speech one year, he said Trump did a great job and was really presidential. Asslicker

by Anonymousreply 58June 29, 2020 5:02 AM

Just more proof that Berners and Trumpsters are the same.

Van Jones is a fucking traitor.

by Anonymousreply 59June 29, 2020 5:02 AM

As if I hadn't already had enough reason not to watch CNN for the last 15+ years.

by Anonymousreply 60June 29, 2020 5:08 AM

Shouldn’t he be fired? Journalists can’t moonlight for government. Not that he was ever a journalist but it seems unethical to not reveal it and then praise it. I hope he is fired. Does he have a title at CNN?

by Anonymousreply 61June 29, 2020 5:11 AM

This guy always bothered me but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

I used to say the same thing about Tulsi. They have a similar energy.

by Anonymousreply 62June 29, 2020 5:17 AM

I believe that he's getting paid under the table to say positive things about Trump.

His white wife recently divorced him because he's batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 63June 29, 2020 5:17 AM

Praising the executive order he wrote. Should be fired

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 29, 2020 5:19 AM

Hes actually still together with that white bitch. I don't think they went forward with the divorce. They filed and that was it, I never heard anything else about it.

Maybe it was dissolved. He said she's his business partner, so who knows.

He loves white people a little to much for me though.

by Anonymousreply 65June 29, 2020 5:26 AM

R61: It doesn't seem unethical, it's the very definition of unethical. This is no different than someone on television pushing a company or a product in which they themselves have stock or a large investment and don't disclose that fact.

He's been a shithead for a long time, so I'm actually not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 66June 29, 2020 5:26 AM

Shady af

by Anonymousreply 67June 29, 2020 5:28 AM

A sorry ass sell out disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 68June 29, 2020 5:31 AM

He thought no one would find out something this major?

by Anonymousreply 69June 29, 2020 5:41 AM

CNN needs to fire him.

by Anonymousreply 70June 29, 2020 6:08 AM

He recently divorced Jimmy Carter's niece.

by Anonymousreply 71June 29, 2020 6:38 AM

[quote] Shouldn’t he be fired? Journalists can’t moonlight for government. Not that he was ever a journalist but it seems unethical to not reveal it and then praise it.

Are you serious?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 29, 2020 7:33 AM

Fareed Zakaria

On a Thursday evening this past May, Eliot Spitzer, hosting his now-cancelled CNN show, lobbed a chummy question to his studio guest Fareed Zakaria—an opinion columnist for The Washington Post, an editor-at-large for Time, a best-selling book author, and the host of Fareed Zakaria GPA, a weekly CNN show on foreign affairs. “Look, I read something in the paper this week,” Spitzer said. “It said that the president of the United States calls you for wisdom and advice about issues around the world. So first, when he calls you, what does he say? ‘Hi Barack, calling for Fareed?’ ”

Zakaria helpfully responded: “Mostly it’s been face to face meetings, usually organized by Tom Donilon, the national security advisor. What I’m struck by though, honestly, Eliot, is how much time he is spending thinking about the issues of the Arab Spring… It’s been a very thoughtful conversation, we’ll see where it goes.”

“I’m not going to ask you what you have said to the president,” Spitzer closed. “But it makes my heart warm that the president is calling you for wisdom and advice.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 29, 2020 7:38 AM

Did Maddow help craft policy then not disclose it to her employer? Did she go on air to praise and downplay criticisms of said policy as a paid commentator without disclosing she had a hand in crafting them?

Did she criticize a senator for not attending a sham event in order to gain favor with the president?

by Anonymousreply 74June 29, 2020 7:40 AM

r74, those are good questions. Has she ever revealed the answers?

by Anonymousreply 75June 29, 2020 7:43 AM

Van was a huge Tulsi fanboy.

by Anonymousreply 76June 29, 2020 7:50 AM

I remember when he was a columnist/editorialist for a throwaway paper here in Philly. Dynamic, progressive-to-liberal, wonderfully expressive, easy on the eye(it can't be denied) and all over the place once his name and reputation got established. I thought here's a guy who's not afraid to call out people, ideologies and temperaments when they needed to be. I was sure he was going places, and indeed he has, just never figured he'd jump to the other side.

I wonder how he is viewed by his peers and colleagues?

by Anonymousreply 77June 29, 2020 8:13 AM

Van needs a hard spanking over the knee. I'll volunteer to get the job done.

by Anonymousreply 78June 29, 2020 9:27 AM

Opportunitists meet the mob mentality of the cancel culture. And you guys still trust the left?

by Anonymousreply 79June 29, 2020 9:34 AM

Hey LibertarianTroll. I still don't understand why you feel the need for the second half of your name.

by Anonymousreply 80June 29, 2020 9:37 AM

It's ironic, R80.

by Anonymousreply 81June 29, 2020 9:39 AM

Iirc he was pushed out of the Obama admin due to pressure from GOP. They basically ran him out of town for no good reason. I went to his Love Army movement that fizzled. He seemed to be developing his big ego right around then. I know people who worked with him back when he was with Green For All and Ella Baker Center basically when he was legit. He didn’t stay any place too long - definitely on the come up. Very ambitious and getting noticed. My friends have high praise for him but I think he’s changed. Now he seems star struck but acting like he’s keeping his enemies closer so to say. I side all these black activists married to white women.

by Anonymousreply 82June 29, 2020 9:52 AM

Uncle Van strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 83June 29, 2020 9:55 AM

He's entitled to his views but please don't pretend to be representing and speaking for the other side? I'd like to see how the smarmy newt worms his way out of this one. I"m not a popcorn 🍿 in the morning kind of guy but today I'll make an exception.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 29, 2020 11:39 AM

I bet even Kushner does not respect him and just sees him as proof that every man has his price. Van's seems especially low given he's willing to sell out an entire ideology and willingly mislead people who look up to him. His naked ambition and greed has done him in. He's flown too close to the sun.

by Anonymousreply 85June 29, 2020 11:49 AM

He should have disclosed something so significant. CNN better do something. I’m so tired of the elites protecting their own.

by Anonymousreply 86June 29, 2020 12:05 PM

Building bridges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 29, 2020 12:16 PM

I kind of understand what Van Jones is doing. He's actually trying to create change by working with those who currently have the power to do it.

He worked with Kushner to develop the new federal prison reforms (it affects just a miniscule number of inmates, but it's something). He wants improvements in policing so he gave his two-cents to help craft the Republican bill.

I don't blame him for wanting to help fix the problem.

by Anonymousreply 88June 29, 2020 12:31 PM

He went to Jared Kushner's home for dinner? Then he's dead to me.

Van Jones is not the enemy. But the Kushners certainly are. And that's a line you do not cross.

by Anonymousreply 89June 29, 2020 12:41 PM

Geez he’s been dead to me for a longtime - since he called Trump’s SOTU presidential IIRC and was shitting himself with glee about it. Guess we know why.$$

by Anonymousreply 90June 29, 2020 12:56 PM

R88, the bill was never meant to fix any problem. (And it was never about inmates, it was police reform, not prison reform.) It was meant as a political ploy, the intent was ALWAYS to have the GOP put something out there that was useless, because they knew Democrats would say no. Then when they did, the GOP would say, "Well, we TRIED to solve the problem but those terrible leftists wouldn't let us!"

And it kind of worked. If you look at the news headlines 5-6 days ago, it's all "Democrats block reform bill." All major news outlets phrased it exactly that way.

Two days later when the House passed a better, sweeping version of police reform, the press said almost nothing about it. If they did, they would add "it's a dead-end bill" or "but the bill is mired in controversy" to the headlines.

Now, think about all that in the context of learning that Van Jones helped write that first bad GOP bill.

by Anonymousreply 91June 29, 2020 1:25 PM

Van Jones is a traitor, a seditious little rat, who pretended to be "Left" -- pushing Bernie -- but who was really a fucking Trumpster moron the entire time, working to undermine liberals and Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 92June 29, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote]I kind of understand what Van Jones is doing. He's actually trying to create change by working with those who currently have the power to do it.

I agree as far as it goes. That he dines with those people is a bridge too far and that he failed to disclose is far more manipulative. I think Jones feels deeply about his cause and he somewhat conceals his zeal to do something about it... but I've always held when you move from advocate to zealot you've lost perspective. Anyway he's free to go about his business as he sees fit, I guess, but he shouldn't be on CNN keeping secrets.

by Anonymousreply 93June 29, 2020 2:40 PM

He’s an opportunist, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 94June 29, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote] I don't blame him for wanting to help fix the problem.

Again his expertise is in ENVIRONMENTAL issues NOT Police Reform

You might have an argument if this was about a Climate policy, but that was not the case here.

by Anonymousreply 95June 29, 2020 2:48 PM

Sorry, wrong. He was involved in justice and incarceration issues relating to blacks [italic]well before[/italic] the environment stint in the Obama administration. In any event, it is possible to be informed and engaged on more than one issue. You should try it.

by Anonymousreply 96June 29, 2020 2:53 PM

The media is full of people like Van Jones. They will talk a big game about how we need to be liberal and tolerant but the minute some sleazebag corporate republican invites them to a cocktail party, all of their phony ideals go out the window.

I agree with R19; viewers get all emotionally invested in the position of this person or that person, but behind the scenes, it's all about the paycheck & staying on TV with these types. They'll bend themselves into whatever shape they need to be and let's face it, there tends to be more $$ on the repig side of the house. I do, however, think that even when a person is expressing some type of opinion (and not just straight news), networks should provide some form of disclosure about who else employs them - not just political organizations, but companies that *influence* the opinions they are offering.

by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2020 3:18 PM

Amen, R97... it's like Cuomo's friendship with Kellyanne. Inappropriate on so many levels. You cannot pal with the people you cover... but in the end the nerdy little journos are desperate to pal with what seems cool to them. And you are so nerdy if politicians seem cool.

by Anonymousreply 98June 29, 2020 3:22 PM

He's a liar and a traitor.

He's unethical, and not at all bright.

He's a male version of Candice Owens.

Nobody should fucking pay any attention to a damn word that sell-out says.

by Anonymousreply 99June 29, 2020 5:25 PM

I am in shock.

by Anonymousreply 100June 29, 2020 5:29 PM

R79 STFU. No one likes stupid fuck Libertarians. It’s why you guys only get 2% of the vote. You’re insufferable idiots who try to have it both ways as in both extremes. If you ran the country it’d descend into Somalia within months. You’re a troll.

Van is not to be trusted. He’s done numerous questionable things including shilling hard for Tulsi Gabbard. He raved about her. He always downs the left in the age of this monstrous prez.

by Anonymousreply 101June 29, 2020 6:25 PM

R96 Protesting police brutality, which is the only thing he has done is not that same as developing police reform

All he did was lead a "Black Lives Matter" type group to protest police brutality

by Anonymousreply 102June 29, 2020 6:27 PM

I always marvel at people who won't bullet proof themselves on here. He did more than protest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 29, 2020 6:33 PM

R103 according to your link that is ALL he did - Protest Police Brutality

Your own link proves it

by Anonymousreply 104June 29, 2020 6:34 PM

Van Jones is setting the record straight - tweeting

This @TheDailyBeast article is based on false, sensational charges -- apparently designed to get clicks, shares, and likes. I haven’t even visited DC since before the pandemic started — let alone been inside the White House.

I have never been included in any meetings about police reform (not by phone, zoom, nada). I didn’t know what was in the EO until the day it was released.

When I meet with folks at The White House, I say so during relevant coverage on-air — as I did all through 2018, when I worked on criminal justice reform.

The accusation that I attended White House meetings on police reform but failed to disclose them is doubly false, and it should be corrected.

I will continue to openly work across the aisle to help those trapped in the justice system. We need more of that these days, not less.

by Anonymousreply 105June 29, 2020 6:35 PM

OK, your literacy skills and stubborness are really dull, R104. Pedantic away.

by Anonymousreply 106June 29, 2020 6:38 PM

R106 which means you lost the argument

next

by Anonymousreply 107June 29, 2020 6:39 PM

My suspicion is there is some overseas money at work with this guy. Check the super pacs, think tanks and all the usual suspects.

I’ve had this feeling for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 108June 29, 2020 6:39 PM

R108 Van Jones is denying the entire story

by Anonymousreply 109June 29, 2020 6:40 PM

Follow the money with this one.

Jill Stien, Tulsi G., it’s all the same playbook.

by Anonymousreply 110June 29, 2020 6:40 PM

Has he lobbied for any obscure countries or platforms? It fits the bill.

by Anonymousreply 111June 29, 2020 6:41 PM

[quote]STFU. No one likes stupid fuck Libertarians. It’s why you guys only get 2% of the vote. You’re insufferable idiots who try to have it both ways as in both extremes. If you ran the country it’d descend into Somalia within months. You’re a troll.

What's most hilarious is that their most high-profile members are people like Rand Paul and Paul Ryan. Another one is former baseball player and professional dirtbag Curt Schilling.

Shall we go through the glaring hypocrisy of these assholes or can we accept that libertarians are the equivalent of vegans eating a cheeseburger as they lecture you on the greatness of veganism?

by Anonymousreply 112June 29, 2020 7:08 PM

Libertarian Representative Justin Amash talked about the re-opening in a libertarian sense. He said businesses would never put their customers or their business in harms way so the government should step aside and let businesses make the choice because they’re so virtuous. Right after he says this you see tons of people in businesses not wearing masks not asked to social distance and now we have 31 states with spiking virus cases and three of my most populous states are nearing catastrophe with the virus especially taxes in Florida. This was on Real Time with Bill Maher. As we see businesses will never do the right thing. Most put their customers and their employees at risk. It’s disgusting. Do they not understand this was going to lead to us having to go backwards with the reopening? They just shot themselves in the face.

by Anonymousreply 113June 29, 2020 7:24 PM

R11 I too would love to be in bed with Van Jones. He’s one smok’n hot dude. Smart, articulate, tight bod, handsome and the BBC. He’s got it all going on.

by Anonymousreply 114June 29, 2020 8:51 PM

[quote] The accusation that I attended White House meetings on police reform but failed to disclose them is doubly false, and it should be corrected.

This seems easy enough to check. Why was he fired from the Obama administration? Could it be that Van is not competent, trustworthy or ethical?

by Anonymousreply 115June 29, 2020 8:58 PM

R35 fabulous

by Anonymousreply 116June 29, 2020 9:01 PM

Daily Beast response to his denial

the White House source with knowledge said that “just recently, on the police reform executive order, Van and Jessica and the Reform Alliance, had been working with a lot of the families of people who had been killed by police officers, and we worked very closely with them on the EO.”

The source added: “On the EO, I would say he and Jessica were very helpful.”

“Van worked with us on fashioning things,” the source continued. “Having Van’s and Jessica’s perspective, they knew where the crazy people on the left were, they knew where the reasonable people on the left were, and everywhere in between. And they were helpful in guiding us to a sweet spot where we were able to speak with law enforcement but also do something that a lot of reasonable people in the middle and the reasonable left thought was a major step forward.”

by Anonymousreply 117June 29, 2020 9:06 PM

Ooh, Van sleeping with the enemy 🍆

by Anonymousreply 118June 29, 2020 9:08 PM

I'd still do Van Jones over Aaron Shock.

by Anonymousreply 119June 29, 2020 9:11 PM

[quote]The media is full of people like Van Jones. They will talk a big game about how we need to be liberal and tolerant but the minute some sleazebag corporate republican invites them to a cocktail party, all of their phony ideals go out the window.

The media in general has become a shallow sideshow, full of pundits who are more interested in becoming celebrities than they are in doing their job. They completely failed us in 2016. They, more than anyone else, are responsible for the mess in the White House right now. But when your mantra is ratings above everything else, you get where we are at now.

And groan me all you want, but that includes people like Maddow, who showed such ridiculous bias towards Sanders in the last primary that she assisted in hindering Clinton's chances. No journalist should play favorites. They are to report the news, not influence it. And the problem is that so many personalities with their own shows have overshadowed legitimate journalism and news media that it's no longer about the story, but the corporate created outrage that can fuel it.

The days of Cronkite, Murrow, and Rather are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 120June 29, 2020 9:12 PM

I am very concerned that Van Jones is working with The White House and cozy with the Kushners. Is CNN?

by Anonymousreply 121June 29, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote] And groan me all you want, but that includes people like Maddow, who showed such ridiculous bias towards Sanders in the last primary that she assisted in hindering Clinton's chances.

Wasn't Lawrence O'Donnell a complete dick to Pete? And he couldn't even HIDE his disdain of him. Neither Maddow nor O'Donnell could.

by Anonymousreply 122June 29, 2020 9:14 PM

Has Van come out as a gay Republican?

by Anonymousreply 123June 29, 2020 9:15 PM

R121... he must be under some pressure if he feels inclined to respond.

by Anonymousreply 124June 29, 2020 9:16 PM

He was close friends with that weirdo Prince, who clearly had a lot of mental health issues and became a religious homophobe later on. Birds of a feather.

by Anonymousreply 125June 29, 2020 9:16 PM

Maddox and Hayes were doing hit jobs on Hillary regularly in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 126June 29, 2020 9:16 PM

WTF. I remember watching him on the CNN panel shows leading up to the 2016 election. Kayleigh McEneny was on these same panels because CNN wanted to have a voice from the other side. I remember her hurling out her list of talking points until Van finally cut her off and scolded her for not letting anyone else speak.

Are they sleeping with each other? Only love hormones would make a man sell his soul to the devil like this.

by Anonymousreply 127June 29, 2020 9:19 PM

Don't forget Ted Baxter, r120.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 29, 2020 9:23 PM

Two words. Bull. and Shit.

by Anonymousreply 129June 29, 2020 9:27 PM

I’ve long found him incredibly hot and fantasized about him fucking me. That said, he is known in the criminal justice sector in which I work as an opportunist who promoted the First Step Act with Kushner/Trump to get his name and funding for #cut50 his nonprofit established. If this is true then he committed a huge breach of journalistic ethics by not disclosing his involvement when he discussed the Exec Order and praised it. If so, CNN needs to can host ass pronto

by Anonymousreply 130June 29, 2020 9:40 PM

[quote] Two words. Bull. and Shit.

Who? The Daily Beast or Van Jones

If you read the responses to Van Jones tweets, people are giving him the benefit of the doubt - mind you these are Van Jones fans

by Anonymousreply 131June 29, 2020 9:43 PM

CNN doesn't have the balls.

by Anonymousreply 132June 29, 2020 9:54 PM

so what is the truth? who should we believe?

The Daily Beast or Van Jones

by Anonymousreply 133June 29, 2020 10:05 PM

Not Van Jones. Van Jones is a dishonest, unethical, opportunistic liar.

by Anonymousreply 134June 29, 2020 11:17 PM

Still think he should be fired

by Anonymousreply 135June 30, 2020 2:04 AM

what is the story is made-up?

by Anonymousreply 136June 30, 2020 2:06 AM

Van Jones is the Toure of news journalists; a mercenary hack.

by Anonymousreply 137June 30, 2020 2:06 AM

Anyone who normalizes Trump is a POS. Period.

by Anonymousreply 138June 30, 2020 3:12 AM

Have CNN responded? Or are they going to quietly drop him?

by Anonymousreply 139June 30, 2020 6:55 AM

[quote] what is the story is made-up?

Van Jones says the story is 100% FICTION

so who do we believe?

by Anonymousreply 140June 30, 2020 2:23 PM

CNN always sticks it to Fox (fairly)... if they don't address their own house they might find the saddle on the moral high horse isn't as secure as previously.

Be interesting too if Erik Wemple at The Washington Post tackles it in his media critic column.

by Anonymousreply 141June 30, 2020 4:27 PM

Speaking of which, did Fox run with this? You'd think so. Can't bear to look.

by Anonymousreply 142June 30, 2020 4:28 PM

R142 No

Most right-wing outlets are defending Van Jones saying this show how people need to 'work together' instead of oppose for the sake of opposing

by Anonymousreply 143June 30, 2020 4:30 PM

You don't work with someone whose bigotry and racism you ignore. Someone who continually tries to legislate that bigotry and racism. Van Jones is an absolute shit if this is true. We're not talking about a disagreement over tax reform. Donald Trump is a vile, odious pile of shit. Any attempt to normalize him considering the things he has said, done or tried to do. makes you shit, too.

by Anonymousreply 144June 30, 2020 4:37 PM

Somehow Kim Kardashian managed to get some good out of Trump with that one unfairly imprisoned woman. Yet Van Jones just helped him make some shitty bill. What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 145June 30, 2020 5:21 PM

He became unemployable in that moment. Period.

by Anonymousreply 146June 30, 2020 5:26 PM

[quote]Somehow Kim Kardashian managed to get some good out of Trump with that one unfairly imprisoned woman.

Because the Pervident of the United States likes to look at her freak show ass.

by Anonymousreply 147June 30, 2020 7:11 PM

R147, she still managed to achieve more than Van Jones attempted to. And that's just pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 148June 30, 2020 7:16 PM

The trolls are trying hard on here with this thread.

by Anonymousreply 149June 30, 2020 7:23 PM

[quote]“First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a “more convenient season.” Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.” -- Martin Luther King Letter From a Birmingham Jail, 1963

by Anonymousreply 150June 30, 2020 7:31 PM

^^^The biggest stumbling block to Van Jones is Van Jones.

by Anonymousreply 151June 30, 2020 7:33 PM

All he needs now is a nice wiglet from Diamond and Silk.

by Anonymousreply 152June 30, 2020 7:37 PM

Well, R151, that's because he's a big hangin' man.

by Anonymousreply 153June 30, 2020 7:38 PM

Van Jones is just Candice Owen after she's shaved her head.

by Anonymousreply 154June 30, 2020 8:01 PM

Has he been on TV since?

by Anonymousreply 155July 1, 2020 7:14 PM

I hope he's never on TV again.

by Anonymousreply 156July 2, 2020 12:11 AM

I wonder if Ivanka (or Jared) sampled his bbc.

by Anonymousreply 157July 2, 2020 2:57 AM

Sorry but he, Kimye etc are all Uncle Toms. Working with racists is never a good idea

by Anonymousreply 158July 2, 2020 3:01 AM

[quote] Working with racists is never a good idea

Sometimes you have to work with shitty people to get stuff done. That's part of politics. But what's shady about Kimye is that they love Trump on a political and perrsonal level.

by Anonymousreply 159July 2, 2020 4:22 AM

There is nothing you'll ever get done as a Black Person working for Trump or the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 160July 2, 2020 4:37 AM

I'm really looking forward to his next appearance on a CNN to see how he purports to speak for black people.

by Anonymousreply 161July 2, 2020 10:32 AM

But his emails

by Anonymousreply 162July 2, 2020 11:01 AM

[quote]But what's shady about Kimye is that they love Trump on a political and perrsonal level.

I hadn't realized that either of those scumbags had any redeeming qualities in the first place. Vapid garbage with a constant and desperate need for attention - why wouldn't Trump appeal to them?

by Anonymousreply 163July 2, 2020 2:13 PM

Is he still MIA? Has CNN commented?

by Anonymousreply 164July 3, 2020 4:10 PM

Van is not only traitorous but mind numbingly stupid. Who the fuck boards a SINKING ship? Doesn't he notice that even right wing nuts are starting to nervously look for a way out? In a slimy, careerist way it would make sense for Van to hop on board with Trump right after the election. Not nice or moral, but I would see how he would think it would help him. But NOW?

by Anonymousreply 165July 3, 2020 8:25 PM

The longer he stays away, the more it looks like CNN are considering canning him. He’ll hop on right to Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 166July 4, 2020 3:27 AM

R166, watch most of his fans revolt against him. That would be a major "Fuck you" to them if he did that.

by Anonymousreply 167July 4, 2020 7:18 PM

[quote] watch most of his fans revolt against him. That would be a major "Fuck you" to them if he did that.

From what I read on his twitter feed, most of his fans defended him for trying to bring "the other side" together. By working on Fox News, I could see his fans saying "he is bringing the progressive voice to Conservatives"

by Anonymousreply 168July 4, 2020 7:24 PM

R168, ok, fuck them too, they sound retarded.

by Anonymousreply 169July 4, 2020 7:25 PM

I smell vodka!

by Anonymousreply 170July 4, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote]He’ll hop on right to Fox News.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least. I haven't watched CNN in a loooooooong time and I still know he's a "both sides" asshole, so him going to FOX would be the least surprising move on his part.

And you can't bring two sides together when one side sees prejudice as a feature of their platform. There's a difference between disagreeing on taxes vs trying to legislate prejudice against people for their race or religion or sexuality. The GOP aka Trump's party is a Klan rally with tokens who legitimize the hate.

by Anonymousreply 171July 4, 2020 11:01 PM

Is he back yet?

by Anonymousreply 172July 7, 2020 4:25 AM

He and Joy Reid need to go. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 173July 7, 2020 4:50 AM

Joy Reid just got promoted to a Mon-Fri time slot on MSNBC; it's the old Harball time slot at 7 PM EDT.

Sorry Joy haters, but she ain't goin' nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 174July 7, 2020 5:15 AM

Guys like him never think they're going down with the ship, R165. They think they'll hop on and hop off safely, using the time to increase their visibility and marketability. Who knows if he'll come out unscathed, but my guess is he won't.

by Anonymousreply 175July 7, 2020 5:18 AM

Joy Reid isn't working for the enemy. She was just anti-Bernie who, as she rightly pointed out, isn't a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 176July 7, 2020 5:41 AM

Where is Van?

by Anonymousreply 177July 8, 2020 5:05 AM

R130 Oh I’ll can (and bang) his ass pronto, no need to ask twice there.

by Anonymousreply 178July 11, 2020 4:05 AM

[quote]Joy Reid isn't working for the enemy. She was just anti-Bernie

No she is anti-gay, please keep up Dear.

by Anonymousreply 179July 11, 2020 9:21 AM

[quote]Is he back yet?

Hardly any of the talking heads are on these days. He hasn't been seen, near as I can tell, since the George Floyd coverage wound up and they shifted back to 90% COVID, 10% election.

by Anonymousreply 180July 11, 2020 1:23 PM

No she's not, R179. Please keep up.

by Anonymousreply 181July 11, 2020 3:01 PM

Where is Van?

by Anonymousreply 182July 19, 2020 12:47 AM

Give my mouth 5 minutes with his dick and I know I can suck hin back to his senses!

by Anonymousreply 183July 19, 2020 12:59 AM

He got dragged for making comments about Michelle Obama’s looks saying that she was not considered beautiful by many people. Considering the fact that his wife is white, it went badly and sisters were coming for his ass from all sides.

by Anonymousreply 184July 19, 2020 1:21 AM

Van sighting. On CNN now, talking about John Lewis.

On a separate note I'm glad Nancy Reagan didn't live to see this, because this funeral makes her casket dance look like I can give you ten minutes around two and then I'm booked til the 29th.

by Anonymousreply 185July 27, 2020 3:08 PM

He can cross my backside with his dark meat anytime.

by Anonymousreply 186July 27, 2020 11:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!