Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

STEM majors

Business degrees aren't generally considered STEM degrees, are they?

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 4:07 AM

Which of the four initials do you think business falls under?

Please show your work.

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2020 11:46 PM

r1, I ask the questions. You supply the answers.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2020 11:47 PM

No, OP, they are not.

I’ve been told that a Bachelor’s degree in business isn’t worth it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2020 11:49 PM

Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.

You can figure this out OP, it's as simple as being a business major.

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2020 11:49 PM

Girl, just stick to Sociology

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2020 11:54 PM

There’s always an “executive MBA,” OP.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 12:01 AM

MBA is not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 12:09 AM

The term STEM has been outdated for years. The current term is STEAM, with Arts being added to the mix -To help improve creativity in problem solving.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 12:11 AM

STEAM refers more to a teaching philosophy r8.

When you get a degree in college you are getting a degree in a STEM field or you are not. Its the appropriate word.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 12:17 AM

R8 blah blah blah. I teach at one of the world's greatest STEM universities and I've never heard of "STEAM" so I googled it and its some kumbaya bullshit idea of very recent vintage. You can shart things out of your mouth with authority but doesn't make it true. STEM is STEM is STEM for crissakes.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 2:50 AM

Dissapointed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 3:43 AM

Most STEM students blessed with superior IQ have creative talent and hobbies, too. There's nothing wrong with trying to beef up creative education in obligatory school - everyone benefits, including average IQ future STEM dullards who will become the drone workers, not the stars. I think its still to art and music to STEM - art and music and creative education should always be part of a general education - for everyone. Just as physical ed should be. It used to be so. Then the bookkeepers took over.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 4:05 AM

* should read "I think its silly to link to art and music to STEM only."

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 4:05 AM

As for OP - many stem universities - such as MIT, also have creative departments and certainly business schools so the diploma is from a STEM but the major/diploma is obviously not STEM. You needed to ask such a question?

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 4:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!