Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My Partner Has Been Going PNP Parties Behind My Back

My partner has admitted going to sex and drugs parties while I was at work. I had no idea.

We’re two gay men in our 20s and we were together two years. I knew he did drugs but with my help he managed to quit – or so I thought. We split up because we started to row every day.

I had managed to get back on track on my own when he called me and said he’d been fired from his job and needed a flatmate to help pay his bills.

Like a fool I agreed to move back in.

He’s now admitted he was sleeping around and taking drugs throughout our relationship.

I’m angry that I let him back into my life but feel guilty as well.

I know he’s been through some difficult stuff.

He’s in a dark place and I’m thinking, “Perhaps I’m to blame?”

by Anonymousreply 53July 11, 2020 2:39 AM

Then hate yourself for his actions. Get an hiv test. It’s broken & you bought it. Also: time to grow up. You’re an adult.

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2020 11:23 PM

Move out and get away from him, now.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2020 11:24 PM

[quote]He’s in a dark place and I’m thinking, “Perhaps I’m to blame?”

Please immediately seek therapy.

You are an adult and so is he. YOU are not responsible for HIS choices or his actions.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2020 11:25 PM

And?

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2020 11:29 PM

Dump him. Check your health status. Make it clear it's over and he's out. As in on the street. Never let him in again.

He's not your partner. He's a grifter.

And if you don't, please do not return and tell us about it with a big boo hoo.

Now stop bothering us with your fucked up life.

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2020 11:31 PM

[quote]He's not your partner. He's a grifter.

If I read the OP correctly, he's not his partner, he's his flatmate.

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2020 11:32 PM

Not sure about the drama? Oh, just wait.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2020 11:35 PM

Why did he decide to spill his guts now?

[Quote]he's out. As in on the street. Never let him in again.

Not OP's apartment, remember? The ex needed a flatmate.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2020 11:43 PM

What's British for doormat?

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2020 11:46 PM

Burn the flat down and move without a forwarding address.

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2020 11:46 PM

Girl, welcome to day dating.

Been there, done that. Both sides.

Girl, move on.

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2020 11:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 12:17 AM

Does one row or does one have a row?

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 12:31 AM

Meth makes people into monsters.

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 12:55 AM

OP - get a hepatitis ,herpes, syphilis , etc test. You know he was playing bareback. I’ve shared your story with my friends here in the usa. Everyone agrees you need to get help for your self loathing & the above mentioned tests & tell your next sex partners about you’re ex. Peeps have a right to say no to your potentially diseased body & troubled mind. Thanks!!

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 1:01 AM

You're a fool. You know, I had a dog that liked to go back and eat their own poop, why would you do the same?

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote] We split up because we started to row every day.

Were you rowing in opposite directions? That’ll get you nowhere fast!

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 1:39 AM

Row = fight, argument (British slang)

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 1:52 AM

We know R18

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 1:52 AM

OP, you’re young and probably wanted to believe. Most of us have been there.

His problems are not your fault, but if you go down with him, that will be. Please end the relationship, for good this time, and get tested as everyone above has said. I’m so sorry, I know it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2020 2:08 AM

Baby, you need to wise-up, take a lesson from this guy's bullshit and move on. He will be worse as a "flatmate" than partner. He now owes you nothing, not even a decent lie or the guise of affection. He's only there to use you, for you to absorb half his expenses so he still has money to play. And soon, he'll start to renege on his half. This is bad news. Your ex has turned into a lamprey eel and he's glad to have found himself a big fish. Cut him loose, take care of yourself. Now.

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2020 2:10 AM

he's a whore, darlin'

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2020 2:10 AM

Move out ASAP, OP. Meth makes you completely immoral. There is a way out but it takes years. Unless you deeply love him - the way he was before addiction- it’s not worth the collateral damage you will sustain.

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2020 2:24 AM

Dump him IMMEDIATELY. Associating yourself with scum is probably worse than actually being scum.

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2020 2:31 AM

He’s putting your life at risk. You didn’t consent to that. If you stay, you will be consenting to Russian roulette. He is a drug addict and a sex addict and he’s not going to stop being addicted because he says he loves you. If you don’t want to be sucked into a black hole, get out now and don’t look back.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2020 2:47 AM

R11, “day dating” is this British slang for Chemsex after sunrise?

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2020 2:54 AM

Review the definition of co-dependency on your way out the door. You might want to see a professional.

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2020 3:01 AM

OP, it is really hard for people to come back from the PNP life. Meth is the worst. You've been warned by everyone.

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2020 3:06 AM

If you can’t beat em join em.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2020 3:09 AM

[quote] What's British for doormat?

R9, it's "Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex"

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2020 3:12 AM

How much has he stolen from you since regaining access to your assets, OP?

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2020 3:27 AM

Kinda having a similar situation OP. An ex and I drifted apart but never really had a breakup breakup. We kinda each just moved away so it wasn't a very strong bf relationship. Now he's going through a lot of stress in the city and wants to come visit, maybe live together again, in the country.

Life is messy.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2020 4:03 AM

Have some self respect, OP. Or else you'll be on R32's hamster wheel. Messy is right.

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2020 4:35 AM

I not only believe that you are to blame, but that unconsciously this is what you wanted. There's not much health danger for you. But you must ask yourself why you aren't good enough to inspire your partner to do better. Are you cold, uncommunicative, dull and a bad fuck? Your lack of sexual compatibility can't be ignored any longer. You're quite a let down is my guess. Your partner is having the kind of fun we're meant to do in our twenties. I suspect he has gone a bit absurd with it all, but if you look at yourself closely OP, can you blame him? You should move on, but you won't. Some people have to be pushed out. PNP parties are pretty normal. But nobody calls it PNP anymore. It's very drug specific, as are the activities. Grow up and stop whining, Two bottoms won't be happy together. Not in THE end.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2020 4:47 AM

^^^SOCIOPATH IN DA HOUSE!!!

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2020 4:58 AM

When a man enters the house, R35 reaches for the CAPS!!! Old fag ain't seen a dick in 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2020 5:22 AM

OP, arrange a meeting with charmer R34 and your delightful flatmate so that they can live happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2020 5:47 AM

What does PNP stand for?

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2020 6:00 AM

OP, I bet he dumped you and now you are hoping that he will give you another chance because you can't get anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2020 6:06 AM

R38 party and play. Drugs.

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2020 9:32 AM

R38 Specifically crystal meth in most cases and sometimes crack. “PNP” is not usually just casual drug use but often days-long benders gay men go on in which they invite a series of other drug users over to get high and have sex on and off, sometimes staying awake for 24 hours or longer fueled by stimulants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2020 11:58 AM

sluts and skanks

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 12:07 PM

I’ll add to the chorus telling you to find a good therapist. If you do, you could come out of this feeling much better about yourself than you ever did in this relationship.

Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 12:36 PM

OP, you are codependent.

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 1:08 PM

He's too good for you OP. You know you went to the parties too. But you're just too small and soft. Unpopular. Let him have his fun. He's a man with a plan. Not such a great one but he's just not into you sexually. So you're doomed anyway.

Maybe get a cat.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 11:09 PM

I’ve been on both sides too. Cut him loose, get him into recovery, but he’s got to go of his own volition. I’ll be honest, meth is the toughest thing to quit but well worth getting sober from. Anyone that says they dabble or use meth recreationally, once in awhile is LYING. It’s not like cigars or scotch, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 46July 10, 2020 11:08 PM

that’s what you get for getting involved with crystal meth

by Anonymousreply 47July 10, 2020 11:28 PM

I’m so sorry, Jada. I have a friend named August who is single and attractive.

by Anonymousreply 48July 11, 2020 12:10 AM

Further confirming that meth is evil. All those “parTy” profiles on Grindr make me think it’s common and maybe not as bad as it’s made out to be. But I have never heard anything good about it. One of those drugs like heroin - you just don’t EVER try it.

by Anonymousreply 49July 11, 2020 12:24 AM

People still have pee and poop parties?

by Anonymousreply 50July 11, 2020 12:38 AM

[QUOTE] People still have pee and poop parties?

Vhy yes, ve do. Vhy don’t you kum und visit?

by Anonymousreply 51July 11, 2020 1:51 AM

OP, nothing changes for your ex until he bottoms out and chooses to change everything in his life.

Right now, you are standing between him and the bottom. You're not helping him. You are helping yourself because you don't like to see him struggling and in pain. But you're not helping him.

by Anonymousreply 52July 11, 2020 2:00 AM

Why would OP think OP is to blame?

TROLL POST

by Anonymousreply 53July 11, 2020 2:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!