Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Don't go after or put down Joe Biden if he doesn't pick the VP person you want

If he picks Elizabeth Warren, don't get all up in his face about him not picking a black woman. He's been vetting them. She might be the firebrand he needs to go after Pence and the Republicans. If he picks a black woman, but not the one you want, suck it up. You don't think the Republicans aren't going to read what some of you might write? So he'll pick some of the also-rans for VP for his cabinet. We've go to come together and get that asswipe Trump out come November. There are too many articles right now about who Biden should pick. I mean, whoever he picks, the Republicans are going to start picking her apart, so let's get together yeah yeah yeah!

by Anonymousreply 82August 11, 2020 9:16 PM

We already know this. We vote for Biden no matter who. But, thanks for the reminder?

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2020 11:35 PM

But....but.....what if he picks Hillary?????

😉

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2020 11:39 PM

Yeah OP. That plea will go over well on here.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2020 11:46 PM

Elizabeth Warren would be a disaster regardless of race. Very high negatives with no substantive addition to the ticket. In this era, it would be suicide to not pick a Black woman. Black women elected a Democratic Senator in Alabama for Chissakes! Lindseybelle is vulnerable in South Carolina, Georgia is gettable. Very high number of Black voters in both states. You think they’re going to be excited by Pocahantas? Lol...To not capitalize on what could be a record turnout year for Black voters would be similar to Trumpian level incompetence. Step off

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 12:00 AM

Chrissakes^^^

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 12:02 AM

r4, you do realize that the name "Pocahantas" is JUST as racist as something like "Uncle Ben" or "Aunt Jemima", right?

Just because it's not racist against African Americans doesn't make it non-racist. It is racist against Native Americans.

Do better.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 12:05 AM

I'm not sure that Biden is equipped to make the best decision here; rumor is that he was going to pick KLOBUCHAR for Pete's sake!

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 12:07 AM

Fuck off, R6 with your PC police bullshit. Obviously it was a quote from President Covid. Take your game over to the tranny tent. Oh, that’s right, this word is now verboten! Save your mental masturbation for peeps who actually give a shit. YOU do better. The Oppression Olympics is a political dead end and purity tests gave us Trumputin. How about you use all your holier than thou energy and hypervigilance to go register voters in South Carolina or Georgia? .

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 12:19 AM

R7 - “ I'm not sure that Biden is equipped to make the best decision here; rumor is that he was going to pick KLOBUCHAR for Pete's sake!”

Mayor Pete is pushing for KLOBUCHAR?

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 12:22 AM

What if he picks TRUMP?

Check and mate, OP. Check ... and mate.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 12:27 AM

I don’t care if Biden chooses Laura Bush or Melania Trump as his running mate.

I am voting for Biden.

My best friend is 75 and has been a lifelong Democrat. He said it best when he said “the republicans biggest enemies are the Democrats. The Democrats biggest enemies are other Democrats.

DL will mirror Democrats nationwide in the childish display of “I don’t like her, she comes from the state I don’t like” or “I don’t like her, she is ‘too black’ or ‘not black enough’ “ or “I hate her voice/hair/clothes” or “I don’t like her because she uses LGBT instead of LGB”

The only thing I don’t like about being a Democrat is the lack of unity. I am 56 years old and I have never seen an example of the Democratic Party putting what is best for the party and the nation first.

If you are a Democrat it’s always every last Man/woman for themselves

Democrats candidates have won the White House IN SPITE OF democratic voters.

It’s only a slight exaggeration to say that some of you would say “I don’t like Joe’s tie so I’ll either not vote or I’ll vote for Trump”.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 12:11 PM

thank goodness, just blocked r8

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 12:13 PM

OP, counseling homos to not get their crinolines in an uproar if they don't get what they want is like pissing in the wind. A waste of your time and you end up all wet.

Face it, as a community we set the bar a new high for being bitchy when we don't get our way.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 12:15 PM

Biden himself has suggested that, if elected, he may be the POTUS one term.

In 2024, Repugs will put on a woman on the ticket.

Nikki Haley will be the Republican candidate for POTUS or VP. Haley is formidable. I can't stand her, but, it pays to know your enemy. Haley is tough, super-ambitious, smart and knows when to speak-up and when to shut-up.

What's my point? Biden has to look ahead and pick a VP with her in mind. If he is dead by 2024, what woman has the potential to take on Haley?

Kamala Harris.

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 12:30 PM

he may not even serve a full term

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 12:35 PM

Honestly at this point I don’t give a shit who he picks as his VP as long as he gets Trump out of there.

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 12:37 PM

No matter whom he picks, the Repugs trolls will come on here and try to be divisive.

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 12:41 PM

pretty much

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 12:43 PM

You don’t know a thing about goodness, R12, or apparently about blocking. What are you doing here, stupid cunt? Lol

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 12:46 PM

Listen, I will vote for Biden as someone who originally supported Warren & Sanders. But y'all never wanna throw any progressive promises or policies once actually elected. Y'all come for our votes and then be like "Moderation. In time. Must compromise." At some point that's gotta give....I'm NOT saying give AOC a cabinet seat, but put some of those policies from that wing of the party on the party platform...

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2020 1:52 PM

[quote]If he is dead by 2024, what woman has the potential to take on Haley? Kamala Harris.

After these past few years of Trump inadvertently revealing the amount of racism present in America, I have no faith America will elect a black woman to the Presidency anytime soon. Maybe in 8 years or more but not 4. You'll see another black man or even a gay man before you see that.

This country has a lot of work to do on the way it treats black people and the way it treats women.

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2020 6:51 PM

Biden just gave an excellent press conference. The contrast to Trump is obvious -- Biden cares about others, while Trump does not. Biden addressed press questions that he is indeed vetting women for VP. We've got to get behind Biden's choice, whoever that is, and defeat toxic Little Lord Fauntleroy selfish ass-brat Trump. I imagine folks will bitch at first if their fave is overlooked (this being Datalounge after all), but when you think about it and talk to your friends, relatives, etc. and then get in the voting booth or mail in your ballot, Biden should be the clear pick for president. Trump only cares about himself. Biden brought up how he would feel if his son Beau, who was in military, was involved in this intelligence about Russia hiring Taliban to kill American troops, and Biden was outraged. Trump? He just ignores it, does nothing, and/or says he wasn't aware of it. His nonsense must stop (and be punished at some point). It was good to see Biden looking and sounding presidential on tv today.

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 6:20 PM

r22, I caught a portion of Biden's pc , too and I had the same reaction. Biden was crisp, thoughtful and presidential.

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2020 10:59 PM

Agreed, op.

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2020 11:02 PM

Biden must pick Elizabeth Warren. Warren is PROGRESSIVE. She is one of the sharpest in the bunch. She knows how to govern. America cannot suffer another decade of stasis! The others on the 'list' do not compare. However, Biden's cabinet should be filled with healthy diverse YOUNG folks. HOWARD DEAN: I have to say that I am getting quite enthusiastic about Biden. I’m on record as wanting a candidate from a new generation but he has made it pretty clear that 1) he will restore integrity to the WH 2) he is willing to re open health care 3) he is listening to the streets. 4) he sees himself as a transitional President who will enable real change. We have got to make sure the House and Senate are Blue in order to get the changes we need, and I think Biden will make those changes possible. He will also send a real signal with his Veep Choice.

by Anonymousreply 25July 2, 2020 7:37 PM

He needs a black running mate who's goal will be to UNIFY THE RACES!

by Anonymousreply 26July 2, 2020 7:50 PM

Anything/Anyone But Trump 2020, no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 27July 2, 2020 7:59 PM

He owes the Blacks a Black VP !!! ...and reparations ! Plus, he owes the looters federal grants and disaster relief money to rebuild all the cities they destroyed to make them nice again for the next anarchical attack on civil society. Cause those weren't exactly Trump voters!

by Anonymousreply 28July 2, 2020 8:03 PM

Harris would be a bigger disaster than Warren.

by Anonymousreply 29July 2, 2020 8:06 PM

Why has Maxine Waters not been vetted yet ?? What's the hold up?

by Anonymousreply 30July 2, 2020 8:19 PM

So, you'll bitch and moan whoever he picks. So give yourself 24 hours to get it out of your system, then get on board the Biden bus, whoever he picks.

by Anonymousreply 31July 2, 2020 8:22 PM

If he picks a Black woman because of identity political pressure, I won't vote for him. I will write in Mark Cuban. Anyone who doesn't like that, STFU already.

by Anonymousreply 32July 2, 2020 8:30 PM

Mark ^^^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 33July 2, 2020 8:33 PM

We all know that Joe is not for universal healthcare so fuck both he and Trump, two sides of the same corrupt coin

by Anonymousreply 34July 2, 2020 8:58 PM

R34 THE NERVE !!!!! SHHHHHHHH!

by Anonymousreply 35July 2, 2020 9:15 PM

r25, Elizabeth Warren is TOO FUCKIN' OLD!!!!

NO MORE BOOMERS!!!

by Anonymousreply 36July 3, 2020 12:33 AM

R32 your non-vote for Biden is a vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 37July 3, 2020 2:49 AM

R32 what if he picks a black woman because she would be the best VP candidate overall? or is that not even possible in your mind? His choice of a black woman would only be 100% to be PC - because... why? there couldn't possibly be a black woman worthy of the VP nomination?

by Anonymousreply 38July 3, 2020 2:52 AM

Re6 I thought boomers were younger than that. Wouldn't they be the silent generation?

by Anonymousreply 39July 3, 2020 2:52 AM

Totally agree, R36. We need someone younger who can work with Joe daily, meet world leaders with him, learn the ropes, help straighten the flaming dumpster fire that is America out...spend the precious four years of Biden's term showing the nation how capable she is and that, in 2024,she's The One. And follow that up with re-election in 2028.

Squandering the Biden VP slot on Warren so we'll have to start completely over in 2024 with 2 newbies who America doesn't know or trust, when we don't have the goodwill we do from the people and from independents and even Republicans, would be sheer stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 40July 3, 2020 3:02 AM

Biden should pick a badger as VP just to troll Traitor Trump. You know, badger would slay Pence in the VP debates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 3, 2020 3:36 AM

BLM has already said they will not support him unless he picks an African American.

by Anonymousreply 42July 3, 2020 3:48 AM

He should say he won't announce the VP until they've won the election. It would work.

by Anonymousreply 43July 3, 2020 3:54 AM

Vote blue...no matter who.

by Anonymousreply 44July 3, 2020 4:01 AM

Vote all Republicans OUT of office.

They are killing more of us (Americans) than Hitler. They can rot in hell with hitler. FUCK THEM, Vote REPUBLICANS all OUT!

Remember we need all registered republicans to join us. Americans Unite!

Plan now now to vote. These putin ass lickers are going to make this election difficult for all of else, so prepare now!

by Anonymousreply 45July 3, 2020 4:12 AM

Team Hayley Mills! Vote Biden!

by Anonymousreply 46July 3, 2020 5:26 AM

^^^^The last I saw on TV, it wasn't TRUMP supporters murdering shop owners, destroying American cities, pulling people from cars and beating them to a pulp, attacking the elderly, the defenseless and leaving them with broken bodies ( one rioter even stole a puppy from the arms of a victim and killed it) THESE ARE NOT TRUMP SUPPORTERS! And if you feel you have more in common with people harboring that mindset and you are proud to stand under the same political umbrella sharing with them the belief that savage destruction of innocent lives is perfectly acceptable under your cause, YOUR THE GODAM HITLER, YOU FUCKING FREAK!

by Anonymousreply 47July 3, 2020 5:28 AM

R47 blocked

by Anonymousreply 48July 3, 2020 5:29 AM

R48 YOU TOO!

by Anonymousreply 49July 3, 2020 5:41 AM

You're way better off having R47 blocked.

by Anonymousreply 50July 3, 2020 11:49 AM

Warren is progressive and experienced. American needs progressive thought now. There is no time for someone to learn how to govern. Warren is also calm, professorial and a bit dull, which is what a good politician should be. Fuck camera ready and bumper sticker slogans. Get an intellectual in there.

by Anonymousreply 51July 3, 2020 2:45 PM

She's still TOO OLD r51.

by Anonymousreply 52July 5, 2020 7:43 AM

I'm partial to Ms. Bass. Everytime she comes on TV, I just feel like listening to her views. All the other picks, meh, so far.

by Anonymousreply 53July 5, 2020 7:55 AM

Americans polled want Elizabeth Warren as VP. I think Biden should stay with the polls. BLM will endorse Elizabeth Warren. Many BLM activists were on her campaign for President.

by Anonymousreply 54July 5, 2020 8:47 AM

Yes, this is the solidarity argument again, with which I agree. We need to not be whiny little liberals who insist on voting 3rd party or not at all because their pet candidate didn't get picked. I don't give a single shit who Biden picks as VP, I'm voting for him because it is the only way to vote against Trump.

We've got to get our shit together, people. We all lose if Trump wins. Table the other issues - Trump has to go.

by Anonymousreply 55July 5, 2020 8:56 AM

So DL tell me...which group poses a bigger threat to Dem Party unity? Progressives or racists a lĂĄ R32?

Know many progressive friends who want to "protest vote" Biden.

by Anonymousreply 56July 5, 2020 4:56 PM

I already know he isn't picking the person I want, so as long as he picks someone who helps him win I'm fine with whoever.

R56, you have many idiot friends.

by Anonymousreply 57July 5, 2020 4:58 PM

He has lots of good possibilities. Any of them would be better than the idiots counseling Trump who refuses to do anything and just ignores or tries spin the pandemic as if it's going away and bad numbers of cases as "only 130,000 deaths" and shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 58July 7, 2020 10:40 PM

r54, Elizabeth Warren is like 71 now. By the end of one Biden term she would be 75. If she somehow became president after him she would be 79 by the end of her first term.

SHE'S TOO DAMN OLD!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 59July 7, 2020 11:23 PM

The majority of people of color will stay home on voting day if Biden chooses a Caucasian running mate.

by Anonymousreply 60July 8, 2020 5:44 AM

The african-american community wanted joe biden, so why would they stay home?

by Anonymousreply 61July 16, 2020 3:20 AM

I don’t like Warren. She doesn’t have that “oh hell naw”, “you go girl!” attitude I’m looking for in a VP.

by Anonymousreply 62July 16, 2020 3:31 AM

[R62] just as our founding fathers intended.

by Anonymousreply 63July 16, 2020 3:37 AM

One of the smartest things Biden is doing is keeping the window short for Repubs to attack whoever he picks for his VP. But we can get behind her (after the obligatory initial bitching by some) and come out in big number to vote in Biden and get rid of Trump (hopefully to prison where they'll take away his phone and twitter and daily tv appearances). But any lady Biden wants is fine by me, and she should be fine by you. We've already had years of the Orange alternative.

by Anonymousreply 64July 16, 2020 7:22 AM

I will not vote for Biden if he chooses a black woman. That simple. There's nothing you can do about it and many gay white I know whoa re otherwise liberal think the same. No more tokenism, even if it means keeping Trump in office, this country has to learn one way or the other that pandering cannot go on.

by Anonymousreply 65July 16, 2020 8:41 AM

Tim Kaine?

by Anonymousreply 66July 16, 2020 9:00 AM

Can we all agree on Meghan ? Just testing the waters.

by Anonymousreply 67July 16, 2020 9:57 AM

r65 is both a racist and an idiot.

Really shun him gals!

by Anonymousreply 68July 16, 2020 10:53 PM

I had R65 blocked

by Anonymousreply 69July 17, 2020 6:57 PM

Getting closer to the announcement, folks. Keep the faith and support Joe whoever he picks!

by Anonymousreply 70August 4, 2020 4:39 PM

The message is clear: support heterosexual women over gay men.

by Anonymousreply 71August 4, 2020 5:38 PM

I’ll be very bummed if he picks someone other than Duckworth, but I’ll vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 72August 4, 2020 5:45 PM

Biden could mitigate disappointment if he doesn't name a black VP by naming a black woman as his Secretary of State or another important cabinet post at same VP announcement. That might open the door to him naming Tammy Duckworth, Elizabeth Warren or Gretchen Whitmer as VP. He has to be comfortable on a daily basis with his pick; it's almost like picking your roommate -- you know how bad some freshman housing roommate choices can be when you leave it to others at the university to assign them, so leave Biden choose who he's going to basically be his White House roomie.

by Anonymousreply 73August 5, 2020 5:45 PM

It might be announced tomorrow or Wednesday. Remember whoever he picks, it's about getting rid of Cheetolini!

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2020 3:31 AM

Tulsi! or bust!

by Anonymousreply 75August 11, 2020 3:33 AM

It doesn't matter what Joe does, everybody who isn't a centrist Dem hates him. Republicans hate him for going against Trump, Leftists hate him because he isn't Bernie, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

In my book everyone that doesn't support Biden in this election is a Trump supporter by default, because the left needs all the help it can get right now and detracting from that at all is helping Trump.

by Anonymousreply 76August 11, 2020 3:34 AM

meh, it's simply not true that everyone left of him hates him. This is a year when 99 percent of the progressives are happy to settle for ole joe. maybe it's not about love for him, it's about hate for Trump. A hate completely and totally justified every minute of every day. So yeah, I just don't think there will be a lot of foot stamping and flouncing on the left. A few loudmouthed assholes will issue stupid and useless ultimatums, because that's how they're programmed. Most will vote for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 77August 11, 2020 3:43 AM

Anyone bitching about Joe Biden, his VP pick, or anything other than the Hellscape of treason and corruption we've been going through with that Orange Fucking CUNT for four years is going to get a beating. Not the fun kind of beating you kinky bastards, the kind you don't want.

So slap a fucking smile on your face or be fucking silent. We have one way to get rid of Trump and by Judy we're going to get 'er done.

Joe and Whoever/2020 - Hoo-fucking-RAY. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 78August 11, 2020 4:08 AM

All of the contenders for Joe's pick have been given a time slot to speak - except for one! Susan Rice! From the Wash Post.

A number of women thought to be on the short-list of contenders to become Joseph R. Biden’s running mate are slated to speak at the Democratic National Convention - with a notable exception: Susan Rice.

The Democratic National Committee on Tuesday provided a preview of the lineup of speakers for the virtual convention, which is set to air live each night from August 17 to August 20.

The schedule includes an open slot for Mr. Biden’s vice-presidential pick to address the crowd before former President Obama takes the stage on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 79August 11, 2020 6:35 PM

Val Demings is not on the list either. And maybe Susan Rice just doesn't want to speak.

by Anonymousreply 80August 11, 2020 6:44 PM

It's possible he might announce today. Apparently he has told some of his advisors who he picked. Stay tuned!

by Anonymousreply 81August 11, 2020 7:15 PM

Listen to Hayley and Hayley now! Yay Kamala!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 11, 2020 9:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!