Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Football Player Chooses Global Pride Day To Voice Opposition To Gays

Edmonton wide receiver Christion Jones tweeted out his opposition to gay and lesbian relationships on Saturday, as people across the world celebrated Global Pride Day.

"Man ain't suppose to be with a man. A women is not supposed to be with another women," he wrote.

The tweet was quickly condemned as hateful by people on Twitter. But Jones stood by his comments, sending out over 50 tweets responding to his detractors over five hours.

"I STAND ON WHAT I SAY. Regret nothing. Apologize to who???," he wrote.

Reached on Sunday morning, a team spokesperson told CBC News they were aware of the tweets and working on a response.

The Canadian Football League did not immediately return CBC News' request for comment.

Jones, originally from Alabama, came to Edmonton in August 2019 following a trade with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 29, 2020 11:39 PM

Man ain't suppose to put on helmets and pads and run into each other as hard as they can in an attempt to hurt each other, but we pay them millions of dollars to do it.

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2020 8:00 PM

He probably fucks men on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2020 8:07 PM

Please don’t let him be.......rats.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2020 8:10 PM

I knew by "Christion."

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2020 8:18 PM

HIs latest twitter indicates the backlash is because of race.

They trying to get me fired now!!. A black man giving his opinion on Twitter is sickening for many. People understand that I don’t care about getting fired standing on what I stand on. An opinion is obligated.

Homophobia is widely accepted in the black community. Look what happened to Mayor Pete. When is it not racist to point their homophobia?

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2020 8:35 PM

Do you point out the white community's racism?

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2020 8:37 PM

What if someone said that about BLM to him? How would he feel then? Fire his dumb black ass

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2020 8:38 PM

R6 Exactly.

R5 Mayor pete had a racist record in southbend as well. But you conveniently left that part out.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2020 8:38 PM

R7 Is problematic. The only reason gays were saved recently was because of the civil rights act of the 60s.

Please don't forget that.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2020 8:40 PM

Jones didn't lie, but he probably shouldn't have said it out loud.

That's just going to create problems for him.

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2020 8:42 PM

"Christian" is supposed to be spelled like than and not with an "o" like "Christion". Not a true believer then -- should have had his name changed.

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2020 8:45 PM

Jones didn't lie? Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2020 8:46 PM

"then", not "than" that is.

by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2020 8:47 PM

R12 You better address the constant racism that lives on this site daily to if you want people to feel sorry for you as well.

And fuck you too.

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2020 8:48 PM

Freedom of speech.

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2020 8:48 PM

Mmmm, that muscular Confederate flag waving country boy just needs to spend some time with me and I’ll change his mi—

*Sees that it’s a black player*

WHEN WILL THE BLACK COMMUNITY ADDRESS THEIR HOMOPHOBIA?

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2020 8:49 PM

Well, we could also suggest that black people not be uppity...but that would be wrong also.

But, maybe that's just me tho.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2020 8:50 PM

White people are inherently problematic, history doesn't lie.

Particularly white males.

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2020 8:52 PM

People are indeed free to say what they want, R15, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences. I hope they fire him. If tweeted out something derogatory about BLM I would definitely suffer the consequences because I'm a white male.

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2020 8:53 PM

r9 = Dr. Eric Cervini

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2020 8:58 PM

R9 Is right on.

by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2020 9:00 PM

R19 White men say and do whatever they want and always have, and face Zero consequences.

So please kill the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2020 9:01 PM

Why do the wokeshits who love to hate on the "white gays", give a pass to black straights? The latter are so much more genuinely and blatantly hateful than the former.

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2020 9:01 PM

Israel Folau, an Australian rugby Backs player who is one of the best players in Rugby Union, was fired by the NSW Waratahs and the governing body of the sport in Australia, after he posted a similar message on his Instagram account. Le's see what happens to this man.

I am inclined to dismiss the rantings of anyone who cannot spell his or her name correctly.

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2020 9:02 PM

Homophobia is homophobia. Ask yourself why you're focused on the homophobe's skin color.

by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2020 9:03 PM

Well, he is a wide receiver. If you catch my drift.

by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2020 9:06 PM

[quote]White people are inherently problematic, history doesn't lie.

It does when you misquote it, misuse it, or simply don't have a wide enough basis for forming a coherent opinion.

[quote]For over 200 years, powerful kings in what is now the country of Benin captured and sold slaves to Portuguese, French and British merchants. The slaves were usually men, women and children from rival tribes — gagged and jammed into boats bound for Brazil, Haiti and the United States.

[quote]Historians estimate that Genghis Khan killed upwards of 40 million people - that's about as many as Hitler and Stalin combined.

History is replete with villains of all races from all around the world.

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2020 9:10 PM

It's amazing how many of you are coming to this man's defense, he would gladly see you dead.

by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2020 9:15 PM

And where’s our White Entertainment Television?

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2020 9:16 PM

This guy is an ignorant creep who only wants what benefits himself. Let his own people be treated like he wants the gays to be treated. Fire his ignorant uneducated dumb ass. He should not be anyone's role model

by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2020 9:17 PM

I STAND ON WHAT I SAY. Regret nothing. Apologize to who???," he wrote.

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2020 9:18 PM

He played for the Eskimos, what do you expect???

by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2020 9:19 PM

I'm opposed to cancel culture. I don't want him fired. But he is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2020 9:20 PM

Fire him.

by Anonymousreply 34June 28, 2020 9:27 PM

Did he finish third grade?

by Anonymousreply 35June 28, 2020 9:31 PM

R23 gay white men have a history of racism and perpetuating white supremacy, as well as benefiting from it.

That's why.

by Anonymousreply 36June 28, 2020 9:44 PM

[quote]gay white men have a history of racism and perpetuating white supremacy, as well as benefiting from it. That's why.

Jesus Fucking Christ that's just ridiculous and absurd.

by Anonymousreply 37June 28, 2020 9:48 PM

As a Canadian I routinely look to imported American football players to be my guide and moral compass.

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2020 9:52 PM

He sounds like every black down-low guy in the hood who put on a straight and homophobic act, meanwhile they’re getting their back blown out and slinging their dick in bussy behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2020 9:56 PM

He's been fired.

He claims it's because he's a black man who dared to express his views on twitter.

Regardless, he's been fired.

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2020 9:56 PM

I wonder if he was due for the chop and decided to fast track his departure.

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2020 9:58 PM

As a Liberal I don’t think he should be fired. He didn’t say we should be jailed or killed. He gave his non- threatening opinion as ignorant as it is. Yes he’s had DL sex for sure. Self loather. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2020 10:00 PM

Statement below

"We stand by the LGBTQ2+ community and firmly condemn the language used by Christion Jones. There is no place for such commentary on our team," the statement read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2020 10:01 PM

r36 Black straight men (and women) also have a history of homophobia; they perpetuate patriarchal oppression against gay men, and benefit from it. I could make a list here of Black straight people, including celebrities, who've said needlessly nasty things about gay men, to say nothing of the many shockingly cruel hate crimes they have perpetrated against us, but I don't want to pass the whole night in front of the computer making the list.

So, again, why do white gays get so much hate but black straights do not?

All that your post makes clear is what I already know: that wokeshits like you have a hate boner against white gay men that you don't against black straight people, even though the latter are MUCH more hateful than the former.

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2020 10:02 PM

I wonder if he wanted to get fired

by Anonymousreply 45June 28, 2020 10:04 PM

R44 No they aren’t much more hateful. Maybe black straight men get a pass because they have it pretty bad in this world. White straight men- have no excuse.

by Anonymousreply 46June 28, 2020 10:06 PM

This guy will go back to his shit hole town and work in a Waffle House and start moaning about wanting his reparations. He will be happy to accept tax dollars from the govt, which gays pay into, and not work and blame everyone but himself for his shitty life. Bye gurl your ignorance is your burden.

by Anonymousreply 47June 28, 2020 10:06 PM

Can you imagine one of those Queer Eye guys or any other White Gay with a public platform taking the June 19th to say stuff like, "black people shouldn't exist?"

No.

Can you imagine a prominent black straight taking LGBT Day to say that gay people shouldn't exist? Yes, because that is what just happened.

And yet, wokeshits like r36 want to convince us that "white gay men" have perpetuated homophobia while saying nothing about the hate speech that constantly comes out of the mouths of black straights against gay men and lesbians, presumably because it thinks black homophobia is no biggie; gay racism is shedding bloods on the streets, black homophobia is alright and if you think about, it's justified! That's what wokeshits think deep down.

Honey, it hasn't eve been 40 years that American gay men have been allowed to admit in public that they're gay without being sent immediately to jail under anti-sodomy laws that were enforced everywhere in the country. GTFO here with his anti-historical nonsense that white gay men are a major source of racism in America. Gay men are like 5% of the population and are more marginalized from public life than black people are.

by Anonymousreply 48June 28, 2020 10:10 PM

R47 Why be racists with the reparations comment and sitting back getting government money? Fuck off cross burner.

R48 Calm down sugar tits. You’re more triggered about poor straight white men being maligned? Telling.

by Anonymousreply 49June 28, 2020 10:14 PM

R24, Folau has switched codes League fans are really pissed off as he was signed by Catalan Dragon's. He was booed at Hull before lockdown. Tonga RL have said he can play for Tonga (due to his heritage). So he came back from it unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 50June 28, 2020 10:15 PM

Although there is racism in the gay community, that doesn’t give black people a free pass to be homophobic or not called out in it. One does not excuse the other.

by Anonymousreply 51June 28, 2020 10:16 PM

And so it starts...the once underclass takes control and EVERYONE else is slowly cancelled...homosexuals are, of course, first in the line of fire followed by women. American white and gay men have zero business supporting BLM. You are like Ernst Roehm, heading to your death.

by Anonymousreply 52June 28, 2020 10:17 PM

Shut up, officious intermeddler. We don’t take kindly to you foreigners

by Anonymousreply 53June 28, 2020 10:19 PM

R36, and many blacks have a history of perpetuating outdated concepts of racism & victimhood instead was being smart/responsible enough to walk through the doors that have been opened for them by people who fought for your right to exploit. Instead, you've decided to wallow in pity, handouts, blame & refusal to be accountable.

See, nasty over-generalizations work both way.

by Anonymousreply 54June 28, 2020 10:21 PM

Another black who expects everyone to bow down to them, but has no respect for other groups.

by Anonymousreply 55June 28, 2020 10:21 PM

He’s from Alabama. There are a lot of white homophobes there as well. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 56June 28, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote] [R5] Mayor pete had a racist record in southbend as well. But you conveniently left that part out.

R8, I have lived in the South Bend area for the last 30 some years, while not everyone loved Mayor Pete as with all politicians, absolutely no one was claiming the guy had a racist record until he started to run for President. He was pretty popular with both the white and black Democrats, of course Republicans didn't like him but they don't like any Democrats, so maybe before you go labeling people as racist you make sure what you know what you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 57June 28, 2020 10:26 PM

Burn a cross on his lawn. See if he thinks that’s okay.

by Anonymousreply 58June 28, 2020 10:27 PM

R52 we’re not gonna listen to the extremely low class eastern Europeans. They’re just a hair above Russians and that’s not saying much.

by Anonymousreply 59June 28, 2020 10:30 PM

He has this to say: " I thought being diverse gave me an opportunity to feel how I feel and express myself."

Douchebag is also complaining that because he's American, he has the right to free speech. When are Americans going to realize the Constitution barely gives them real rights in America and zero rights in other countries?

by Anonymousreply 60June 28, 2020 10:34 PM

He's a wide receiver know, but back in the day Miss Jones was a tight end.

by Anonymousreply 61June 28, 2020 10:42 PM

Gay white men are not oppressed. Your still white, and there's a lot of power that comes with whiteness regardless of being gay or straight.

You are still a white man, nothing about you is a minority. Your still white and male.

by Anonymousreply 62June 28, 2020 10:44 PM

R35. He actually finished the 4th grade. In ALABAMA! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 63June 28, 2020 10:49 PM

He did not go beyond the 4th grade or he moved out of state? It's illegal to only go to the 4th grade.

by Anonymousreply 64June 28, 2020 10:51 PM

R59 - good. Listen to people like Christion, whose mother didn't even know how to spell and obey their "native intelligence". Good luck to your country. We see how brilliantly everything has been working out for you. In mine, we had 231 case in one day for 19 million people and the lowest crime rate in the EU. You had 300K cases in one day for 21 million people and 358% rise in gun violence in NYC in one year. Yeah, those classy Americans and that president of theirs.

by Anonymousreply 65June 28, 2020 10:53 PM

R65 Bullshit. EE are the lowest of the low. You live under authoritative govts. We are in a shithole thanks to conservatives but we’ll get out from under this with Biden and we’ll be back to our superior selves. You? Filth. But slightly better than Russians.

by Anonymousreply 66June 28, 2020 10:59 PM

R65 He and his mother are from Alabama IOW a conservative shit hole. No surprise they’re illiterate. It ranks 47 out of 50 in education.

by Anonymousreply 67June 28, 2020 11:02 PM

When a liberal doesn't like something or can't win the argument with logic and reason, expect nasty insults such "xtremely low class eastern Europeans. They’re just a hair above Russians and that’s not saying much."

Very pathetic way to divert attention from your weak argument.

by Anonymousreply 68June 28, 2020 11:04 PM

R66 - of course that is what Europeans from the West and East say about the average American. Pathetic math scores, obesity, racism, ghettos, drug abuse, violent and crime infested cities. How will an old man like Biden help against the millions of "Christions" and Karens in red states?

by Anonymousreply 69June 28, 2020 11:15 PM

R67 - the less educated, the higher the rate of homophobia, xenophobia, racism, etc. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 70June 28, 2020 11:19 PM

[quote] White men say and do whatever they want and always have, and face Zero consequences

Yeah, in fucking dreamland.

by Anonymousreply 71June 28, 2020 11:19 PM

Byron couldn’t have put it more eloquently.

by Anonymousreply 72June 29, 2020 12:22 AM

Well there's one black life that doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 73June 29, 2020 12:23 AM

R73 YOU MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD I JUST SPIT OUT AN OLIVE......BLESS YOUR HEART

by Anonymousreply 74June 29, 2020 1:24 AM

Like I said: Freedom of speech guarantees the right to say whatever you want to say. It doesn't, however, shield you from the consequences.

I'm glad he was fired.

by Anonymousreply 75June 29, 2020 1:36 AM

Another fine product of Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 76June 29, 2020 2:40 AM

I would like to express my freedom of speech too. This is what happens when an abortion is allowed to be born.

by Anonymousreply 77June 29, 2020 2:48 AM

Voicing his opposition to gay marriage on Pride Day was an act of extreme stupidity. I don't feel sorry for him being fired. When and if he gets another job he will sorely need a handler to tell him what he can and can't say. It would be best if he worked out of the pubic eye or time travel back to the last century and stay there. We don't need a dim bulb like him walking among us in a more enlightened time.

by Anonymousreply 78June 29, 2020 3:19 AM

He's entitled to say what he wants. And it's good that he's able to do so via Twitter. That being said, fuck him, and I hope he rots in the cesspool he came from.

by Anonymousreply 79June 29, 2020 4:22 AM

FF and block r12 out of DL existance. Probably on the DL anyway.

by Anonymousreply 80June 29, 2020 6:36 AM

^^ r10 that is.

by Anonymousreply 81June 29, 2020 6:39 AM

Them uppidy coloreds is NEVER happy :(

by Anonymousreply 82June 29, 2020 6:47 AM

Glad he's been fired, and for him to claim it's anything to do with race is disgusting, and is a complete disrespect to the people who genuinely are victimised for their race.

by Anonymousreply 83June 29, 2020 10:22 AM

He's not even a real football player, it's the Canadian league for pity sake. So what's with all the attention on this idiot?

by Anonymousreply 84June 29, 2020 11:28 AM

We should bring back slavery.

That just me tho!

by Anonymousreply 85June 29, 2020 11:38 AM

[quote]I STAND ON WHAT I SAY.

Shaky ground indeed.

by Anonymousreply 86June 29, 2020 11:42 AM

R62, your "a lot of power" is just a ridiculous argument in today's America, really. After all, it was all our power as white gay men that caused the government to jump right on funding for AIDS research just when people started dying, all our power as white gay men that sweepingly granted marriage equality as soon as we demanded it, and it was all our power as white gay men that caused the Supreme Court to rule against gays being fired from a job just for being gay--and that two weeks ago! I know, we should have gotten on that sooner, since all our white gay power gets us whatever we want whenever we want it, right down to basic fundamentals.

Plenty of blacks with power have squandered it while whining they have none. Do you really think that if blacks had no power they'd be able to rally mobs of whites to March down the streets in their towns shouting BLM agenda? Blacks with power, who have earned comfortable livings with plenty of influence, have a powerful enough platform to convince the rest of us that blacks, guess what, have no power. Blacks run entire cities these days. Baltimore & Chicago are practically run exclusively by blacks, from city council to police depts to mayoral administrations to DA offices, all complaining about "systematic" racism & oppression while being the system, and look at the violence & crime in those areas. Blacks can get coworkers fired because they object to another coworkers tone or use of certain words! So really, your argument about all our power as white gay men, and your own, needs to be brought into balance.

by Anonymousreply 87June 29, 2020 12:45 PM

I doubt he will have a handler at his next minimum wage job such as Publix or Home Depot. Good luck to this ignorant fucktard.

by Anonymousreply 88June 29, 2020 1:54 PM

“Jones, originally from Alabama, came to Edmonton in August 2019 following a trade with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.”

Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 89June 29, 2020 3:14 PM

The gay community needs to face up to its racism towards black people and realise that It is easier to be white and gay in America than black and straight. Remember also that white gay men earn more than average while black men, after 40 years of protest and reform, are still stuck in the lower economic strata.

by Anonymousreply 90June 29, 2020 3:31 PM

[quote]Jones, originally from Alabama, came to Edmonton in August 2019 following a trade with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

How rough are who rid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 29, 2020 4:37 PM

R90. Why don't you give up your job to a needy black person and let the rest of us be angry over what this homophobic idiot stated. You have to be a Troll or a BLM apologist.

by Anonymousreply 92June 29, 2020 6:46 PM

[quote]Regardless, he's been fired.

Cue Nelson Muntz!

by Anonymousreply 93June 29, 2020 7:16 PM

This asshole has nothing to do with BLM so why are the racists bringing that up? Oh yeah the twisted agenda on this forum to pit black vs gay.

by Anonymousreply 94June 29, 2020 7:48 PM

He is an asshole who happens to be black. My guess is that he is a supporter of BLM and can see their struggles but not struggles of other groups. He is not one of a kind. There are many ignorant jerks like him and I hope his ass is tasered someday for his disgusting message during gay. A jerk for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 95June 29, 2020 10:59 PM

To all you BLM ass kissers out there. Black hetero men don't like you. They want you dead.

Quit shaming gays for not drinking the BLM Kool-Aid.

by Anonymousreply 96June 29, 2020 11:12 PM

He also evidently chose Global Pride Day to shoe off his horrible grammar and spelling.

by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2020 11:15 PM

This guy is an ignorant sexual stud on a stick. Tie him up and lather him with honey and have fun with this mindless nimrod.

by Anonymousreply 98June 29, 2020 11:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!