Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

JK Rowling Responds To Libellous, Sexist Attack By MP

Today I discovered that I was accused of hate by shadow environment minister Lloyd Russell-Moyle in the pages of @tribunemagazine. He claimed I was ‘using’ my experiences of sexual assault and domestic violence to ‘discriminate’ against trans people.

This morning, Mr Russell-Moyle issued an apology on Twitter, although he didn’t trouble to tag me in. Coincidentally, his change of heart occurred after his remarks were repeated in national newspapers with higher circulations than @tribunemagazine.

For those who’d like to know what triggered the shadow minister’s original accusation, these are the relevant paragraphs of the essay I wrote a couple of weeks ago. The full piece can be read here [https: //bit.ly/386iUOs]

Since writing my essay, I’ve received over 3000 emails thanking me for speaking up. I’ve been brought to tears many times while reading, sometimes out of gratitude for their kindness, but also because many women have shared their own experiences of violence & sexual assault.

Some emails came from professionals working in women’s refuges, the prison service, the social work system, the criminal justice system and the police. All expressed concerns about the aims and methods of current trans activism.

As I stated in my essay, my primary worry is the risks to vulnerable women. As everyone knows, I’m no longer reliant on communal facilities, nor am I likely to be imprisoned or need a women's refuge any time soon. I’m not arguing for the privileged, but the powerless.

When so-called leftists like @lloyd_rm demand that we give up our hard won sex-based rights, they align themselves squarely with men’s rights activists. To both groups, female trauma is white noise, an irrelevance, or else exaggerated or invented.

[https: //bit.ly/2BIPTMK]

[https: //pbs.twimg.com/media/EbnBkO-XsAEeMS0.jpg]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340July 20, 2020 9:56 AM

It must be nice to have “fuck you” money.

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2020 5:28 PM

She won't budge. Much respect for her.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2020 5:47 PM

Yes, indeed, great respect for her.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2020 5:49 PM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2020 5:55 PM

I was going to write a lengthy response to you, R5, but ultimately I've decided just to boil it down to "please die in a grease fire"

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2020 6:46 PM

I admire her tenacity. Never stop, doll.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2020 7:46 PM

You are so stupid, r5. Thankfully the tide is turning against you loons, in the UK at least. In the US there's still a lot of work to do, but the tide will turn there too.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2020 7:57 PM

I too admire her toughness.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2020 8:02 PM

She is amazing.

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2020 8:06 PM

Stephen King retweeted JK's tweet and JK thanked him for it.

The more she refuses to back down, the more hate she gets, the more hate she gets the more people reevaluate what she said and find it uncontroversial.

That said I am worried that a lot of right wing people are getting behind her, the kind of people who wanted to burn her books 20 years ago, but she'll carry on being a feminist liberal.

The number of Twitter accounts telling her to shut up that have photos of ugly men with beards is just a coincidence I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2020 8:16 PM

If you look at the replies to her tweets, the majority of them supporting her view that biological sex is real are from actual trans. It's the "trans allies" who think they know what's good for trans who're denouncing her. Trans YouTuber Blaire White agreed with Rowling completely and didn't see anything transphobic in what she said.

I admire Rowling for sticking to her guns and not bending to the pressure. She's said nothing wrong.

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2020 8:18 PM

A gay MP.

Who has received a lot of homophobic hate because of her.

She needs to stop and think of the consequences of her actions on gay men.

by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2020 8:20 PM

Fucking love her!

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2020 8:30 PM

Forcing someone to make a grovelling apology for displeasing you?

She's a Karen!

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2020 8:32 PM

[Quote]Hate has no place in Hogwarts.

There is no hate in her essay so stop trying to claim that. She's only saying: keep it moving, separately from born females.

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2020 8:33 PM

No, she doesn't want transwomen to keep moving, just separately.

She wants them to stop moving, and ideally go backwards.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2020 8:36 PM

The biggest mistake the Trans movement made was to promote men like this as trans and just recite TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN over and over again whenever anyone questioned it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2020 8:45 PM

R5 Enjoy your “power“ while you’ve got it dear. Won’t be for much longer. The pendulum always swings.

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2020 8:54 PM

Hopefully it won't be long until a pendulum swings... into her face.

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote]It must be nice to have “fuck you” money.

She has more than fuck you money. She has fuck you, and everyone who supports you, your entire family, everyone who supports them...and the horses they all rode in on.

She continues to earn something like $100 mm a year. She has the resources to hang as long as she needs to in a fire fight without caving to pressure from pandering commercial interests that are afraid of twitter OUTRAGE. What - so, Hachette is not going to publish her next best selling novel? Warner is not going to make another potter film - even the last one which under-performed hit $655 million worldwide, almost 70% more than the Solo Star Wars movie.

[quote]A gay MP...Who has received a lot of homophobic hate because of her...She needs to stop and think of the consequences of her actions on gay men.

The gay MP needs to think of the consequences to other gay men when we have Ts outing gay men in countries the imprison and kill gay men, as well as supporting an agenda that is homophobic in the name of diversity and inclusiveness.

by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2020 9:01 PM

[quote]The gay MP needs to think of the consequences to other gay men when we have Ts outing gay men in countries the imprison and kill gay men, as well as supporting an agenda that is homophobic in the name of diversity and inclusiveness.

Other countries are not Britain.

Trans in Britain is good for gay men, not bad.

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2020 9:03 PM

Is it wrong for me to say, this woman has balls, and I'm glad she is using them to the fullest.

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2020 9:04 PM

This woman has money and her ability to threaten people she disagrees with with bankrupting them in court is why we need legal aid and wealth redistribution.

And also grease fires for her and her coven.

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2020 9:07 PM

[quote]Other countries are not Britain...Trans in Britain is good for gay men, not bad.

No, they aren't

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2020 9:13 PM

Transing boys is bad -- and done exclusively by women.

Straight adult men becoming women is good for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2020 9:15 PM

[quote]This woman has money and her ability to threaten people who libel and slander her with being held accountable for their statements is why the courts are in there in the first place.

There, fixed it for you.

"Truth is an absolute defense to libel claims, because one of the elements that must be proven in a defamation suit is falsity of the statement. If a statement is true, it cannot be false, and therefore, there is no prima facie case of defamation."

If what they're saying is true, there is no case. I defy you to find one case where she's silenced someone for disagreeing with her, rather than protecting herself from lies and libel.

Don't

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2020 9:17 PM

[quote]This woman has money and her ability to threaten people who libel and slander her with being held accountable for their statements is why the courts are in there in the first place.

They never went to court for a court to decide.

Because only JKunt can afford that.

She's a bully.

And a homophobic one.

by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2020 9:19 PM

What a surprise, I have the little lying shit who wrote "A gay MP...Who has received a lot of homophobic hate because of her...She needs to stop and think of the consequences of her actions on gay men" on ignore.

This pos MP didn't receive any homophobic hate because of Rowling. Moyle is defending the people who are actively trying to get rid of homosexuals. Rowling is speaking out in defence of same-sex attraction and is being attacked for it by people like Moyle!

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2020 9:20 PM

Alex is Stonewall UK

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2020 9:20 PM

No, JKunt is speaking out in defense of female privilege. She doesn't care about gay men.

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2020 9:22 PM

Well this thread is certainly all over the place in its opinions.

by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2020 9:24 PM

R11, yeah, the right-wing will get behind Rowling but that will only be noticed because the left and the so-called centre has not simply been totally absent but mostly they've been getting behind the trans craze. Thankfully now Rowling (and getting rid of Corbyn) has put a stop to that and it's now going to be far more difficult for Labour to support whatever the trans are trying to get through, for the SNP too. Moyle simply made himself a target for Labour Women with his stupid little outburst and the fact no one in Labour is coming to his defence shows that things appear to be changing.

The SNP are going to have huge trouble over trans issues and will lose votes if they continue trying to push self-ID. The Lib Dems still seem to be captured by the trans but they will continue to lose votes too.

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2020 9:26 PM

[quote]Moyle simply made himself a target for Labour Women with his stupid little outburst and the fact no one in Labour is coming to his defence shows that things appear to be changing.

But you'll still pretend you're not homophobic and are so oppressed.

by Anonymousreply 34June 28, 2020 9:28 PM

Yes r32 it is unusual for DL. In the original thread there were far more supporting her and shouting down the loonies and their hate. It was nice to see.

by Anonymousreply 35June 28, 2020 9:35 PM

[quote] Yes [R32] it is unusual for DL. In the original thread there were far more supporting her and shouting down the loonies and their hate. It was nice to see.

Which is a testament to the extent women have taken over here.

by Anonymousreply 36June 28, 2020 9:36 PM

R35, I suspect the anti-Rowling posts are by the same person, whom I have on ignore so I can't actually see any anti-Rowling posts.

by Anonymousreply 37June 28, 2020 9:38 PM

Echo-chambers are good when TERFy.

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2020 9:39 PM

Yeah, the anti-Rowling troll is one poster, who has made about 11 of the posts on this thread (out of 37).

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2020 9:39 PM

Her books aren’t great but good for her for sticking to her guns.

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2020 9:40 PM

Why do women use that filter that makes their eyes seem huge and their lower faces small and pointy? Is it an anime look?

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2020 9:41 PM

Her books mostly reflect her ego: silly children's fluff that became increasingly bloated and self-important as time went on.

by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2020 9:42 PM

[quote] I suspect the anti-Rowling posts are by the same person, whom I have on ignore so I can't actually see any anti-Rowling posts.

Yes, the same guy repeatedly calling her JKunt is also stanning for Owen Jones with misogynistic language in another thread and has been over all the other trans threads threatening women.

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2020 9:42 PM

How do I get fuck you and you and you money?

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2020 9:42 PM

[quote]is also stanning for Owen Jones

Or just defending a gay man from homophobic women.

by Anonymousreply 45June 28, 2020 9:43 PM

r44 Write books about boys and magic under a gender ambiguous name? All the boys who are trying to convince people they're girls seem really into magic.

by Anonymousreply 46June 28, 2020 9:45 PM

Owen Jones is really disliked here in Britain. I'm a bleeding heart liberal Guardian-reading gay man and I can't stand him. He flits between whichever issue is going to get him the most attention and shows no consistency in his views. His latest latching on to the trans issue is typical of him. He's like a left-wing Katie Hopkins in that he'll just say the most outrageous thing he can think of in order to get clicks.

by Anonymousreply 47June 28, 2020 9:51 PM

[quote]His latest latching on to the trans issue is typical of him.

I think he genuinely supports that though.

Gay men tend to sympathize with trans movement.

by Anonymousreply 48June 28, 2020 9:55 PM

R48 You don't seem to have been on DL for very long. Gay men might have sympathy for trans individually but their ideology and the movement go against everything gay men stand for.

by Anonymousreply 49June 28, 2020 10:23 PM

[quote][R48] You don't seem to have been on DL for very long. Gay men might have sympathy for trans individually but their ideology and the movement go against everything gay men stand for.

I've been for ages!

DL had very few anti-trans threads back in the day. The few that there were from a few lesbians, who have now mostly left for LChat.

Now, and for the last few years, they've been daily. And a lot of them are filled with straight British women who often don't even pretend to care about gay men.

by Anonymousreply 50June 28, 2020 10:26 PM

[quote]Gay men might have sympathy for trans individually but their ideology and the movement go against everything gay men stand for.

And I disagree. A lot of gay men see parallels between our movement and the trans movement. But we also tend to think of others in a way women don't. We kind of think about all the LGBT. Lesbians only care about the L. Trans only care about the T.

by Anonymousreply 51June 28, 2020 10:28 PM

R50 R51 That's nonsense. There have been hundreds of gay men on here who've said they have nothing in common with the T. We have something in common with the L and B as they're about sexual orientation.

We could argue all day about differences between the L, G and B but one thing the three will always agree on is that we have nothing in common with the current definition of T.

by Anonymousreply 52June 28, 2020 10:33 PM

[quote][R50] [R51] That's nonsense. There have been hundreds of gay men on here who've said they have nothing in common with the T.

We're not the same, but many saw a similar struggle. Or at least did.

[quote]We have something in common with the L and B as they're about sexual orientation.

Disagree. More Ls are about feminism that gay rights.

[quote]We could argue all day about differences between the L, G and B but one thing the three will always agree on is that we have nothing in common with the current definition of T.

I'm a G. I have nothing in common with T. But I also have nothing in common with L or B.

I'll continue to advocate for gay men -- my brothers -- and others, if they benefit gay men.

by Anonymousreply 53June 28, 2020 10:39 PM

r53 going all the way back to the AIDS crisis the L's, as you call them, were there for us, supporting and helping us when we started dying and the government wouldn't do shit.

by Anonymousreply 54June 28, 2020 10:44 PM

[quote][R53] going all the way back to the AIDS crisis the L's, as you call them, were there for us, supporting and helping us when we started dying and the government wouldn't do shit.

No, they weren't. And the assertion that anyone but gay men were caring for other gay men is deeply homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 55June 28, 2020 10:45 PM

r52, the only gays attacking transgender people are the right wing Milo clones

JK Rowling is an idiot who thinks freedom of speech means freedom from consequences.

by Anonymousreply 56June 28, 2020 10:46 PM

Since she basically threatens to bankrupt the only notable gay men who disagree with her I think we're safe in saying she doesn't care about free speech.

Maybe she'll even come for this thread, if one of us gay poors says something that displeases her.

by Anonymousreply 57June 28, 2020 10:48 PM

Here we have trans co opting the Black Lives Matters movement. Sure more important to put trans people up front than to give recognition to institutional racism and the killing of Black men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 28, 2020 10:50 PM

Who would side with a right-wing idiot who rants against "leftists"? She sounds super dumb.

by Anonymousreply 59June 28, 2020 11:23 PM

r16, she's trying to claim trans people are sexual predators. That's hate. That's the same thing they said about gays.

by Anonymousreply 60June 28, 2020 11:25 PM

R60 When and where did she ever say that?

by Anonymousreply 61June 28, 2020 11:28 PM

I fully support her. Women are being attacked by men that call themselves women, and it needs to stop. Now.

I support trans people, but they need to have their own separate space away from women. Maybe their needs to be discussion of declaring a third sex.

by Anonymousreply 62June 28, 2020 11:38 PM

[Quote]Gay men might have sympathy for trans individually but their ideology and the movement go against everything gay men stand for.

I agree entirely with this. Yes, sympathy as in bless your heart. You have to admit we don't believe a woman can become a man.

by Anonymousreply 63June 29, 2020 12:03 AM

Trans activists are child abusers.

by Anonymousreply 64June 29, 2020 12:12 AM

Keir Starmer's response to Moyle's attack on Rowling (can't really give a better link). I like the way he edges away from full-fledged kowtowing to the trans. Also, the acknowledgement that it's a controversial issue that needs a wider social response rather than just forcing something through.

Keir Starmer said issue of trans rights had become a 'political football'

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said it was “absolutely right” for shadow environment minister Lloyd Russell-Moyle to apologise for the comments he made about JK Rowling in a row about trans rights.

The leader of the opposition said the issue of trans rights had become a “political football”. He told Good Morning Britain:

Trans rights are human rights, the legislation we’ve got doesn’t go far enough.

[quote]We ought to have a cross-party consensus about looking at it to see whether it can be developed.

[quote]What concerns me here is the whole issue has become a political football, there must be a space for a mature discussion about how we improve the rights of the trans community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 29, 2020 7:55 AM

^ The Guardian report starts at "Keir Starmer said issue of trans rights had become a 'political football'"

by Anonymousreply 66June 29, 2020 7:56 AM

Also, I don't believe Starmer really cares about a cross-party consensus - unless he were PM. I'm sure he'll be content with the new government proposals that are far less trans-subservient and take into consideration the rights of women (real ones).

by Anonymousreply 67June 29, 2020 7:58 AM

Keir needs to speak out about the Tories gutting if legal aid.

And vexatious litigants clogging up courts.

Like JKunt wants to.

by Anonymousreply 68June 29, 2020 7:59 AM

Starmer has done 4 live interviews this morning and said the same thing in all 4 about Russell-Moyle.

It was Starmer's "judgement call" to accept Russell-Moyle's apology, which effectively puts LRM on a final warning, One more trans(lol)gression and he's sacked, which means Starmer will be appointing a new shadow minister at some point in the next couple of weeks.

Worth noting as well that Starmer was the only Labour leadership candidate who didn't sign up to the crank "Labour Trans" pledges that included labelling women's rights groups as hate organisations.

He knows from his time as Director of Public Prosecutions that predatory men will do whatever they can to manipulate the law to get access to vulnerable women and while he's a liberal reformer at heart, like Blair and gay rights reforms, he knows that a consensus has to be built and that includes addressing people's fears, some of which are rational, some not.

by Anonymousreply 69June 29, 2020 8:03 AM

R60 98% of sex crimes are committed by men. Very few women are in prison for sex offenses, yet around 40% of trans women in the uk are in prison for sex crimes. If trans women are women why the huge disparity?

by Anonymousreply 70June 29, 2020 8:07 AM

Who fucking cares, R70?

What does a that have to do with gay rights?

by Anonymousreply 71June 29, 2020 8:08 AM

Keir needs to come out strongly against the medical transition of young boys and strongly in favor of self-ID for adults.

That’s a reasonable, centrist compromise that eliminates any homophobic element from trans activism.

by Anonymousreply 72June 29, 2020 8:09 AM

HERE is what you people need to do:

1. Find the posts on this thread refering to JKR as "JKunt" or the posts nonsensically stating "heterosexual men transing is good for gay men," a statement so ridiculous and simultaneously homophobic and transphobic that the person is unquestionably a troll.

2. Block that person.

3. STOP FUCKING REPlYING TO IT.

by Anonymousreply 73June 29, 2020 9:32 AM

How is that statement homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 74June 29, 2020 9:34 AM

Exactly r73. I realise the need to counter the idiot's bullshit just for the record if nothing else, but I think once that's happened a couple of times it's obvious that the turd is just a troll trying to cause trouble. The more people reply to it, the more the turd uses that as an opportunity to post more crap.

I actually already had that troll blocked.

by Anonymousreply 75June 29, 2020 9:36 AM

It's more obvious that a divisive anti-trans troll (who is possibly a straight woman) is trying to cause trouble, but whatever...

I think it'll die down after the election.

by Anonymousreply 76June 29, 2020 9:39 AM

So you agree r71?

by Anonymousreply 77June 29, 2020 1:23 PM

I don't care about women.

Women feeling comfortable in prison has nothing to do with gay rights.

Stop trying to hijack our movement.

by Anonymousreply 78June 29, 2020 1:29 PM

This woman is such a troll. She lives her life online, threatening to sue everyone who dislikes her. She has a cult-like following of sad, lonely cat-married Karens who will laud her as "good for her!" and "She's BRILLLIant", but she clearly isn't. I'm not even sure she's psychologically stable. Anyone else with her money and fame and success has long-ago learned to ignore the online trolls and haters and gossip. What is it about being in the public eye that she doesn't get?

She's also constantly trolling politicians and trans people and anyone else she doesn't personally like. Then, when they come for her, she demurs or threatens to sue them! WHAT is it about her some of you are so enamored by? I get that people like her stories and how she helped a lot of lonely people escape into fantasy. But she has anger issues which can't all be justified. She can literally change the world, help to create things that contradict any negative comments about her. Instead, like Madonna, she conclaves in her mansions and feeds her legions of fan-trolls with "brave" comments or cries of victimization.

Sorry, I used to adore the woman. Now I'm just sick of her.

by Anonymousreply 79June 29, 2020 1:33 PM

I agree, R79. It's not even the comments so much as the threats to bankrupt anyone who disagrees with her (two of whom happened to be gay men with long histories of defending gay rights).

Free speech for rich ciswomen. Not for poor gay men.

by Anonymousreply 80June 29, 2020 1:35 PM

[quote]it's obvious that the turd is just a troll

To me it is obvious the turd is just a turd.

by Anonymousreply 81June 29, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote]we have Ts outing gay men in countries the imprison and kill gay men

Classic Matt, inventing a conspiracy that links his Muslim hate with his trans hate and his perpetual gay victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 82June 29, 2020 1:39 PM

I care plenty about prison reform R78 and would happily join with anyone who wanted to make prison safer for everyone, gay men included.

These ladies (and Matt) who flood DL don't care about prison reform at all. They half-heartedly pretend to, but it's all just part of their over-arching "all trans are men who want to rape women in prisons and bathrooms" hatefest.

by Anonymousreply 83June 29, 2020 1:41 PM

[quote]I care plenty about prison reform [R78] and would happily join with anyone who wanted to make prison safer for everyone, gay men included.

Really all of these issues they, and there are many of them, women like JK don't care about at all. Except to use then as weapons against gay men and trans women.

If they actually wanted to really reduce the number of MtF transitions what they'd do is work on eradicating homophobia from society. But they don't care about gay men. They just an an unhealthy hatred for transwomen.

by Anonymousreply 84June 29, 2020 1:45 PM

R80 makes an excellent point which I'd forgotten and I think I remember her doing in the past. She not only threatens to sue people she threatens to "bankrupt" them. That's the mark of someone truly out of touch, nasty and evil. When you speak of "bankrupting" someone, you mean to destroy them in their entirety, at least financially. I've said or thought things like that myself and I know that when I have, it's visualizing them as homeless, broken, destroyed beyond repair.

Not saying J.K. Rowling should shut up and accept threats of violence against her or her family. And it's not so bad to threaten to "bankrupt" a magazine or newspaper. But when you say it about individual people, and use your wealth itself as both a weapon and a justification, how does that make you any better than Trump or Murdoch or Dr. Evil?

Face it bitches, she's come undone in her wealth and fame. She needs to get out more. Or put her energy into writing, or something. Whatever it is, she needs to step away from her computer. She has way more potential and power to make things better than any of us here and when she refuses to do so and, instead keeps stirring the pot shit that is the Internet, she's no better than any basement dwelling, Cheeto stained incel spewing hate speech.

by Anonymousreply 85June 29, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote]She not only threatens to sue people she threatens to "bankrupt" them. That's the mark of someone truly out of touch, nasty and evil.

I don't recall that ever happening. Would definitely be interested in a cited example.

And by the way, you're siding with r80 who is freely using the c-slur, I must question the facts without any citation or even a specific instance named.

[quote]She has way more potential and power to make things better than any of us here and when she refuses to do so

Better for whom? At whose expense?

by Anonymousreply 86June 29, 2020 2:24 PM

Fuck JK Rowling, and fuck anyone defending this bigoted cunt.

by Anonymousreply 87June 29, 2020 2:27 PM

[quote] I don't recall that ever happening. Would definitely be interested in a cited example.

This whole thread is about how she forced a gay MP to apologize to her under threat of legal action.

[quote]And by the way, you're siding with [R80] who is freely using the c-slur, I must question the facts without any citation or even a specific instance named.

Get the fuck off of Datalounge, you cunt. Cunt is a part of our culture, cunt. You are not policing gay men's language, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 88June 29, 2020 2:29 PM

[quote]And by the way, you're siding with [[R80]] who is freely using the c-slur, I must question the facts without any citation or even a specific instance named.

'The c-slur'?

Are you a straight woman? Or new here?

Half the threads on DL use the 'c-slur'.

by Anonymousreply 89June 29, 2020 2:30 PM

For the non Brits here what are woman’s refuges?

by Anonymousreply 90June 29, 2020 2:33 PM

Why ask a gay board, R90?

by Anonymousreply 91June 29, 2020 2:36 PM

No it’s not r88 that’s a different thread dear and the MP apologized because his political ass was on the line.

So you think someone who has been libeled or slandered should not say or do anything about it if they are a rich person or a person that has some power?

It does have an effect on gay rights when mainstream newspapers are printing that not wanting to date someone who is trans is bigoted. Or when gay and lesbian people get lumped in with stefonknee or men that have a sexual fetish for dressing up in women’s clothes. It does when 90% of children that have gender dysphoria grow out of it yet there has been a dramatic increase in kids being put on hormone suppressants and cross sex hormones.

If affects gay people when their history is being rewritten with lies.

Gay rights weren’t taking away other people’s rights and opportunities so we could have our own.

by Anonymousreply 92June 29, 2020 2:46 PM

r90, shared living accommodation for women who've left violent partners and have no where else or nowhere safe to go, often mothers with children

by Anonymousreply 93June 29, 2020 2:49 PM

[quote]So you think someone who has been libeled or slandered should not say or do anything about it if they are a rich person or a person that has some power?

It could go to court to determine if it is libel. But only JK can afford that. So she can shut people -- including gay men -- up by threatening to sue.

by Anonymousreply 94June 29, 2020 2:50 PM

[quote]Gay rights weren’t taking away other people’s rights and opportunities so we could have our own.

Nor are trans women's rights. Giving trans women rights does not affect gay men one iota.

by Anonymousreply 95June 29, 2020 2:54 PM

Why is the fact he's gay important? He's a fucking MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT accusing someone of using their domestic abuse for attention.

He's the disgrace in this whole affair.

by Anonymousreply 96June 29, 2020 3:03 PM

R93 Thank you, here in the US we call them Women’s shelters or Family shelters. I thought that might be what they mean, but also that it could have a wider connotation to things like woman’s restrooms, locker rooms or some other type of female “safe space.”

So is there some kind of push to have trans woman accepted or banned from Woman’s refuges? Are Trans men welcomed in Woman's refuges? Why is that point commented on multiple times? And why wouldn’t a Trans person go to a LGBTQ+ shelter, where they are bound to get the best welcome and supportive programs?

And fuck off R91, it was part of the original post and was different language, which wasn’t defined in the statement.

by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2020 3:04 PM

I just put the new turd/troll that turned up (or maybe it's the same as the old one, having cottoned on to the "Ignore" trick) on Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 98June 29, 2020 3:05 PM

[quote] Why is the fact he's gay important?

Why is the fact that she's a woman important?

[quote]He's a fucking MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT accusing someone of using their domestic abuse for attention.

No, she used it as a shield prevent criticism of her views. He shouldn't have backed down.

by Anonymousreply 99June 29, 2020 3:06 PM

[quote]And why wouldn’t a Trans person go to a LGBTQ+ shelter, where they are bound to get the best welcome and supportive programs?

Because they often don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 100June 29, 2020 3:06 PM

Oh my gosh, that turd/troll is obsessed. He's made dozens and dozens of crazed posts on all the tranny-related threads. I guess the positive thing is that his posts show just what lunacy the trans craze is for anyone who hasn't twigged to that yet.

by Anonymousreply 101June 29, 2020 3:08 PM

Yeah he is insane. Probably needs his hormone dose adjusted. They'll never let you get that surgery till you calm down, hun!

by Anonymousreply 102June 29, 2020 3:14 PM

You fish could just stop starting all these anti-trans threads...

by Anonymousreply 103June 29, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote]This whole thread is about how she forced a gay MP to apologize to her under threat of legal action.

I do not see a threat "to "bankrupt" them. That's the mark of someone truly out of touch, nasty and evil."

[quote]Half the threads on DL use the 'c-slur'.

LOL - of course, we freely use cunt on DL.

The slur is the "cis" portion of "ciswomen" - you and all the apologists need to get a better handle of the norms on sites before you start spreading your silly lies.

by Anonymousreply 104June 29, 2020 3:18 PM

Oh, and if you actually, you know, read r80's ridiculous post, you'd see the idiot didn't use cunt...but did use the made up and disgusting trans slur "cis."

by Anonymousreply 105June 29, 2020 3:21 PM

Women love to weaponize stories about being 'abused' for their own personal gain.

They love pretending to be victims, while silencing all those who speak up for the real victims of abuse (gay men).

by Anonymousreply 106June 29, 2020 3:36 PM

R95 you mean like women and girls rights to fairplay in sports or their rights to have spaces of their own, or their right to choose not to undress I front of someone with a penis or AGPs whose sexual fetish is being in women’s private spaces. Or lesbians right to choose to date who they want to without being harassed for not wanting to date someone with a penis.

by Anonymousreply 107June 29, 2020 3:37 PM

[quote]R95 you mean like women and girls rights to fairplay in sports or their rights to have spaces of their own, or their right to choose not to undress I front of someone with a penis or AGPs whose sexual fetish is being in women’s private spaces. Or lesbians right to choose to date who they want to without being harassed for not wanting to date someone with a penis.

You still couldn't name how they affect gay men at all.

Gay men are not women.

by Anonymousreply 108June 29, 2020 3:39 PM

You just have your troll game away r106/108 solid effort but ultimately another fail. Try again next time.

by Anonymousreply 109June 29, 2020 3:44 PM

And you still can't explain how giving trans women rights hurts gay men!

by Anonymousreply 110June 29, 2020 3:46 PM

R110 just admit you hate women and get on with it.

by Anonymousreply 111June 29, 2020 3:56 PM

[quote]Gay men are not women.

Really?

by Anonymousreply 112June 29, 2020 4:23 PM

Just admit you hate gay men, R111.

by Anonymousreply 113June 29, 2020 4:26 PM

R112, I just read Juno's latest Tweet, which goes "with great regret myself and hachettekids have decided to postpone the release of WHAT’S THE T? from August 20 to Feb 21."

Myself? Really? And this person is a professional writer? I mean, I know that the trans have delusions of grandeur, but to make such a shitty grammatical error is embarrassing.

Anyway, the excuse for the postponement is "While there is so much uncertainty around trans rights in the UK, we do not feel confident in releasing a book that we hope is going to be an indispensable resource to trans and non-binary teens."

You mean, things have started to shift in the UK and even you realised that there will be much more focus on what you're saying so you can't slip your pro-transitioning propaganda through so easily. Perhaps even Hachette (Rowling's publisher) have started to take a much harder look at what's being published by them. This enthusiastic pushing of young people into transitioning is no longer so easily defendable, especially with what's emerging about "treatment" at the Tavistock clinic and the court cases against the Tavistock from young people who destroyed their bodies because they'd been brainwashed into thinking they had to transition.

Oh, and the

It's also his latest IG post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 29, 2020 4:33 PM

Most MtF don't detransition. It's more common among FtM.

by Anonymousreply 115June 29, 2020 4:35 PM

Try again r113 and you’ve failed deflection Dr. McKinnon will NOT be pleased!

by Anonymousreply 116June 29, 2020 4:36 PM

She’s getting draggeddddddd on Twitter right now. What a bizarre hill for her to die on.

by Anonymousreply 117June 29, 2020 4:36 PM

You know... I think I could go away if I heard just one argument of how trans women's rights hurt gay men, but despite everything -- NO ONE can come up with a thing.

by Anonymousreply 118June 29, 2020 4:40 PM

Just by extremists most people support her.

So what you’re saying r118 is that trans rights have nothing to do with LGB rights and they should splinter off on their own and into their own group right?

by Anonymousreply 119June 29, 2020 4:43 PM

And you STILL can't answer the question!

by Anonymousreply 120June 29, 2020 4:45 PM

[quote]And you still can't explain how giving trans women rights hurts gay men!

You mean other than the dozens of thread on DL describing homophobic and anti-gay statement by our "allies" the T?

Or do you mean like the T outing gay men in a country that kills gay people?

Or do you mean like the forced transitions of gay men because T is considered more acceptable than gay in some countries?

by Anonymousreply 121June 29, 2020 4:48 PM

So since police brutality against African Americans doesn’t affect white people they shouldn’t protest against racial injustice right r120?

by Anonymousreply 122June 29, 2020 4:50 PM

[quote]So since police brutality against African Americans doesn’t affect white people they shouldn’t protest against racial injustice right [R120]?

So you're actually admitting that trans women's rights don't hurt gay men.

by Anonymousreply 123June 29, 2020 4:52 PM

[quote] You mean other than the dozens of thread on DL describing homophobic and anti-gay statement by our "allies" the T?

Those are gay men who have become women. I'm opposed to that. I support straight men becoming women.

[quote]Or do you mean like the T outing gay men in a country that kills gay people?

This plays into both my points above and below.

[quote]Or do you mean like the forced transitions of gay men because T is considered more acceptable than gay in some countries?

I support T in the West and oppose it Iran (the only place where that's a thing I believe).

by Anonymousreply 124June 29, 2020 4:55 PM

Fucking hell is the JKunt troll still going ?

by Anonymousreply 125June 29, 2020 4:57 PM

Almost as hard as JK on the selfie filters, R125.

by Anonymousreply 126June 29, 2020 4:58 PM

Are we there yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 29, 2020 5:02 PM

Didn’t the three main HP actors say they disagree with JK? Maybe this is a generational thing, and old people of a certain age can’t wrap their heads around this? I stand with the young people, even if I’m old.

by Anonymousreply 128June 29, 2020 5:03 PM

Of course, Magdalen Berns was homophobic. She didn't really care for gay men ('pricks') or 'PenisNews' (yes, gay men like penis).

by Anonymousreply 129June 29, 2020 5:04 PM

This is revealing:

[quote]So since police brutality against African Americans doesn’t affect white people they shouldn’t protest against racial injustice right [[R120]]?

[quote]So you're actually admitting that trans women's rights don't hurt gay men.

by Anonymousreply 130June 29, 2020 5:06 PM

R127 Oh my god, I stumbled upon a video on YouTube of that woman this morning. She has to be the saddest, angriest, unhappy person ever. She made me want to slit my wrist. It really interfered with what ever message she was trying to get across, I don’t even remember what she was speaking on, just how unpleasant she was and how I should be more weary of clicking on things that come up on my page.

by Anonymousreply 131June 29, 2020 5:08 PM

r128, always a great idea to get your understandings of science from people who play make believe for a living.

by Anonymousreply 132June 29, 2020 5:08 PM

R128 I see no need to play along with a bunch of ignorant children.

by Anonymousreply 133June 29, 2020 5:15 PM

R123 I realize you’re a troll, but you really have done a good job showing people why gay rights shouldn’t be lumped in with trans rights. Even Janet mock said “trans rights aren’t gay rights”.

Oh and putting young boys on life changing medication because they like feminine things or don’t conform to what someone thinks a boy should be does affect gay men.

by Anonymousreply 134June 29, 2020 5:17 PM

R132 That they are actors by profession had nothing to do with my comment, and that’s like the pot calling the kettle black (are we still allowed to use that phrase) since they are opposing someone who writes fiction for a living. What I’m saying is that in this time of BLM and issues of fluidity in sexuality young people, who have not been poisoned by their elders with prejudice, racism and outdated church doctrine, seem to be more open minded and have the ability for acceptance of change and equality. Let’s face it, much of this battle exists because the old, elite established elements who have power are in fear of losing it.

by Anonymousreply 135June 29, 2020 5:18 PM

[quote] I realize you’re a troll, but you really have done a good job showing people why gay rights shouldn’t be lumped in with trans rights. Even Janet mock said “trans rights aren’t gay rights”.

You done a better job of showing why gay rights shouldn't be subverted to be about 'women's rights'.

[quote]Oh and putting young boys on life changing medication because they like feminine things or don’t conform to what someone thinks a boy should be does affect gay men.

Yes, and that should be illegal. I'm opposed to that, as I've said more than once.

by Anonymousreply 136June 29, 2020 5:20 PM

R134 Does Janet Mock speak for all Trans people?

by Anonymousreply 137June 29, 2020 5:20 PM

[quote]Or do you mean like the forced transitions of gay men because T is considered more acceptable than gay in some countries?

Does that happen in any country outside of Iran?

by Anonymousreply 138June 29, 2020 5:20 PM

I mean, nobody on this thread can explain why gay men should care about trans women in sports.

How does that hurt me?

by Anonymousreply 139June 29, 2020 5:21 PM

JK Rowling unfollowing Stephen King and deleting her tweets in support of him because he said trans women are women proves she is specifically anti-trans, in case you were under the impression that someone who writes for a living was just badly explaining a fair point

by Anonymousreply 140June 29, 2020 5:23 PM

This dumb bitch can dish it out but she sure can't take it

by Anonymousreply 141June 29, 2020 5:25 PM

Yeah, she blocked him!

Snowflake!

by Anonymousreply 142June 29, 2020 5:25 PM

Thank you JK.

by Anonymousreply 143June 29, 2020 5:25 PM

Fuck you, R143.

by Anonymousreply 144June 29, 2020 5:26 PM

He retweeted an Andrea Dworkin quote she posted, but I'm sure she'll call him sexist.

by Anonymousreply 145June 29, 2020 5:26 PM

JK is a month away from calling drag woman-face and telling gay men they're bigots for not centering women.

by Anonymousreply 146June 29, 2020 5:29 PM

R134 How many straight homophobic families beat, starve, kill, throw away, psychologically torture, murder or send their LGBT children to conversion therapy every day. And your asking us to worry about a few thousand parents who put their children on reversible puberty blocking medication to buy them time to figure out what to do about who they might be? If you want to take up a fight work towards making conversion therapy illegal and processing parent for hate crimes against their children for their homophobic actions.

by Anonymousreply 147June 29, 2020 5:29 PM

Back at ya R143. It is not groundbreaking news that ejaculators wearing dresses do not have real women's interests at heart. Ta ta.

by Anonymousreply 148June 29, 2020 5:34 PM

I like the idea that JKR is a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 149June 29, 2020 5:43 PM

Puberty blockers aren’t reversible r147. Ask jazz and her micro penis about this.

by Anonymousreply 150June 29, 2020 5:45 PM

Isn't every straight British TERF a DLer these days?

by Anonymousreply 151June 29, 2020 5:46 PM

It's TERFs who are to blame for puberty blockers. They were just over shaming Charlotte Clymer for not using them on the other thread.

by Anonymousreply 152June 29, 2020 5:47 PM

R117, no one gives a shit about trolls on Twitter and Rowling hasn't died on any hill. 90% of the population agree with her and, as young people who were brainwashed into transing grow older and realise they destroyed their bodies because of transtapo and take the clinics to court, that figure will shoot up to 95%

R128, the not really so young anymore actors that would be nobodies today if it weren't for Rowling just repeated the usual nonsense of "transwomen are women". I bet they've hardly even thought through what that means, although Emma Watson was actually a lot more careful in how she phrased things (something about "trans people should be able to live a life that is true to them") than I expected, which was interesting.

I wonder what Daniel Radcliffe would say if you asked him if he'd ever date a transwoman, since he believes that transwomen are women.

by Anonymousreply 153June 29, 2020 5:51 PM

R131, she had a brain tumour and died, that's probably why she came across like that. Before her diagnosis she was witty and funny and had a humorous take on life. A very sad loss.

by Anonymousreply 154June 29, 2020 5:53 PM

She didn’t unfollow Stephen King. I literally just checked.

The fact that something blatantly untrue like that can be run as an article in a reputable publication is the entire problem here. People are fucking loons living in a fantasy world.

by Anonymousreply 155June 29, 2020 5:53 PM

[quote] [R128], the not really so young anymore actors that would be nobodies today if it weren't for Rowling just repeated the usual nonsense of "transwomen are women".

Nope. JK would be nobody without that movie studio that made the films.

[quote]I wonder what Daniel Radcliffe would say if you asked him if he'd ever date a transwoman, since he believes that transwomen are women.

Maybe yes. Why would that be unexpected? You sound homophobic.

[quote]Before her diagnosis she was witty and funny and had a humorous take on life.

God, know she wasn't. She was the same humorless, man-hating, sex-hating lesbian who couldn't wait to be offended or 'erased'.

by Anonymousreply 156June 29, 2020 5:55 PM

Maybe she refollowed. She blocked him earlier.

by Anonymousreply 157June 29, 2020 5:55 PM

R137, apparently Janet Mock does speak for all lesbians and gay men because we're the LGBT now and we owe everything to black transwomen of colour. There is no such thing as the LGB having different opinions from the T (that's transphobic) and any T who disagree with the Janet Mock types are made to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 158June 29, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote]There is no such thing as the LGB having different opinions from the T (that's transphobic) and any T who disagree with the Janet Mock types are made to shut up.

I've noticed a lot of lesbians hate when gay men have different opinions.

by Anonymousreply 159June 29, 2020 5:57 PM

[quote]Didn’t the three main HP actors say they disagree with JK? Maybe this is a generational thing, and old people of a certain age can’t wrap their heads around this? I stand with the young people, even if I’m old.

Rowling makes more in one year that those kids' entire net worth. Whichever ones commented have been hounded by the press for comments since this whole thing blew. Their lack of comment being taken as taking sides.

Notice how carefully worded Radcliffe's statement is. He clearly was dancing a fine line when he made that public.

by Anonymousreply 160June 29, 2020 6:08 PM

Charlotte clymer “transitioned “ in her mid 30s r152. R136 I think you’ve proven that you hate women.

Oh and r136 who threw the first brick?

So is your point “I’m a man so it doesn’t affect me”?

From a practical standpoint gay marriage and discrimination laws showed that having them on the books doesn’t affect people who aren’t gay, lesbian or bi.

Defending allowing a biological man with a penis to go into a women’s dressing bathroom or locker room, denying biological sexual differences, calling a rape by a trans woman a female crime and threatening to take away peoples kids because they don’t want to put them on cross sex hormones or blockers isn’t a way to win people over nor does it advance gay and lesbian causes.

by Anonymousreply 161June 29, 2020 6:08 PM

[quote]Rowling makes more in one year that those kids' entire net worth.

Yes, but she'll still pretend she's a victim.

That's a uniquely female thing.

by Anonymousreply 162June 29, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote] I think you’ve proven that you hate women.

You hate gay men who will not put themselves second to women.

[quote]Oh and [R136] who threw the first brick?

A drag queen. And it's a shame she missed your face.

[quote]Defending allowing a biological man with a penis to go into a women’s dressing bathroom or locker room, denying biological sexual differences, calling a rape by a trans woman a female crime

Yawn.

Not my problem.

by Anonymousreply 163June 29, 2020 6:11 PM

Me: Hey, gay men are still the most oppressed group in the world, that's why I wo-

Rad fems: LITERAL VIOLENCE AND MISOGYNY! SHUT UP YOU HOMOPHOBE! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW THOSE EVIL TRANSWOMEN ARE TAKING AWAY MY... I MEAN... YOUR RIGHTS, YOU SEXIST F*G!

by Anonymousreply 164June 29, 2020 6:15 PM

R150 This American Academy of Pediatrics endorsed document shows on page 10 that puberty blockers are reversible, it is with the introduction of hormone therapy that things become irreversible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 29, 2020 6:16 PM

Which drag queen r163? It wasn’t Marsha p Johnson or Sylvia Rivera.

So you have no facts to back up whatever circular point you were trying to make.

Any civil rights movement should be rooted in fact, something you have lacked.

by Anonymousreply 166June 29, 2020 6:16 PM

You have no proof it was a dyke, R166. But facts don't matter. In fact, facts can by sexist.

by Anonymousreply 167June 29, 2020 6:22 PM

Dedicated transphobe. Fuck that asshole.

by Anonymousreply 168June 29, 2020 6:24 PM

Actually r167 I do the testimony of the gay men and lesbians that were there as well as Johnson who said on tape that she didn’t show up until several hours after the riots started.

by Anonymousreply 169June 29, 2020 6:25 PM

You asked.

The Stonewall uprising was led by gay men. Not women.

by Anonymousreply 170June 29, 2020 6:28 PM

R153 Actually, I think Daniel’s statement and the platform, the Trevor Project, which he has been aligned with for a decade, is quite elegant. Ultimately he says medical people who know better than him or JK are the authorities and he sides with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 29, 2020 6:35 PM

Maybe like the “unknown soldier,” we should have the “unknown drag queen” a mythic individual who threw the first brick.

by Anonymousreply 172June 29, 2020 6:43 PM

It was a gay bar.

Most of the clientele were white gay men.

We have no idea what the specifics are, nor can we ever, but we do know who does most of the protesting: gay men.

Suggesting otherwise is erasing our place in our own story.

by Anonymousreply 173June 29, 2020 6:46 PM

R173 Gay white men can be drag queens too!

by Anonymousreply 174June 29, 2020 6:49 PM

Yes, drag queens are gay men.

by Anonymousreply 175June 29, 2020 6:49 PM

So what happens r165? A kid takes them for 3 years starting at age 12 to end up at age 15 with the body of a 12 year old? The link is also pro-trans and the whole puberty blockers thing sounds grotesque.

Also, "Because puberty blockers can make your bones weaker over time, it is best to stop taking them after about 4 years". I doubt that bone weakening is reversible.

"For example, in bodies with ovaries, breast size may get smaller if they have already started to develop. In bodies with testicles, testicle size may decrease and penis growth will be halted." Is the halting of penis growth reversible?

This is child abuse and should be stopped, not to mention gay conversion therapy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 29, 2020 6:56 PM

Here's an idea: rad fems stop defining womanhood by bleeding so nobody is pressured to undergo that to be a 'real woman'.

And while they're at it, those straight women can get the fuck out of gay men's spaces.

by Anonymousreply 177June 29, 2020 6:58 PM

R172, you're not wide off the mark. The whole new rhetoric around Stonewall, Pride, the "LGBTQIA+++ community" with its heroes and invented traditions, its foundation myths based on an uprising, its important commemorations and rigid ideology that can never be challenged, its flag and other symbols and its simplistic revisionist history that can be told as a fable, remind me of the nationalism studies I did at university.

by Anonymousreply 178June 29, 2020 7:00 PM

R172, you're not wide off the mark. The whole new rhetoric around Stonewall, Pride, the "LGBTQIA+++ community" with its heroes and invented traditions, its foundation myths based on an uprising, its important commemorations and rigid ideology that can never be challenged, its flag and other symbols and its simplistic revisionist history that can be told as a fable, remind me of the nationalism studies I did at university.

by Anonymousreply 179June 29, 2020 7:00 PM

R177 rad fems are pressuring women to have periods? WOW!!!!

by Anonymousreply 180June 29, 2020 7:30 PM

Stephen King's flip flop is actually a bit worse than his starting on the other side.

It smacks of pandering, rather than any true belief.

How unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 181June 29, 2020 7:35 PM

I have r177 on ignore (yay!) but I saw his nonsense quoted. So, if having a female body and female biology aren't what defines a woman then what does define a woman? If a transwoman is a woman then what does it mean to be a woman? If gender is simply an identity then what exactly are transwomen identifying as? If being a woman is nothing to do with the female body then why do so many transwomen go to such lengths to get surgically-constructed versions of female bodies?

by Anonymousreply 182June 29, 2020 7:45 PM

Stephen King liked a post of violence against women. He didn't flip-flop.

by Anonymousreply 183June 29, 2020 7:47 PM

[quote]I have [R177] on ignore (yay!) but I saw his nonsense quoted. So, if having a female body and female biology aren't what defines a woman then what does define a woman? If a transwoman is a woman then what does it mean to be a woman? If gender is simply an identity then what exactly are transwomen identifying as? If being a woman is nothing to do with the female body then why do so many transwomen go to such lengths to get surgically-constructed versions of female bodies?

Don't care.

Rad fems are responsible for making trans women feel they have to go through with medical treatment to be valid, even when they have no intention of ever recognizing trans women as women.

by Anonymousreply 184June 29, 2020 7:48 PM

Thank you R184 you really have given me a laugh today. So now is your position that you don’t have to go through any physical transition to be recognized as a woman? If Usain Bolt declared himself a woman and didn’t change his physical appearance he could go to the olympics next year and compete in the women’s event right?

The last time I looked rad fems aren’t really into feminine things that much. I don’t see them looking like Jessica rabbit with a ton of makeup large fake breast’s and hooker clothes.

by Anonymousreply 185June 29, 2020 7:55 PM

[quote]The last time I looked rad fems aren’t really into feminine things that much. I don’t see them looking like Jessica rabbit with a ton of makeup large fake breast’s and hooker clothes.

No, they hate gender conforming.

But they hate when gay men are gender non-conforming. Like drag artists.

by Anonymousreply 186June 29, 2020 7:57 PM

Of course I remember the great rad fem rally of 84 when there was a mass protest against boy George. I heard the dame Edna one was pretty big too.

by Anonymousreply 187June 29, 2020 8:05 PM

Do we really have to drag Jessica Rabbit into this? We don’t need to add trans-speciesism into the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 188June 29, 2020 8:08 PM

R188 I heard rad fems made Jessica yaniv want to help pre teen and teen girls insert tampons.

by Anonymousreply 189June 29, 2020 8:12 PM

R165 The document you linked to features jazz Jennings as its poster child for the necessity of both puberty blockers and genital surgery to successfully treat gender dysphoria in children. Puberty blockers and multiple genital surgeries will cure the child’s gender dysphoria because after it’s complete the transition will make them happy.

How is Jazz doing nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 190June 29, 2020 8:18 PM

The Trans Rights Activist who is all over every thread even tangentially related to trans posts incessantly trying to shut down conversation, tries to shift the focus to "radfem" boogey(wo)men, calls anyone who disagrees with him a woman, and has many other misogynistic things to say. I do not understand why he has not been banned from the DL, for at the very least, spamming. You have to keep him on block, you cannot engage because he does not argue in good faith. His only intent is to shut down conversations where "trans women are women" is questioned.

by Anonymousreply 191June 29, 2020 8:20 PM

Or rad fems could stop being homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 192June 29, 2020 8:22 PM

Just fyi, r192 is the troll. And he's posted over 70 times in this thread. All the same message. Block and do not engage.

by Anonymousreply 193June 29, 2020 8:25 PM

Trans folks hate gender nonformrming people. that is why they target GNC kids as young as three.

by Anonymousreply 194June 29, 2020 8:28 PM

Yes, but not as much as rad fems, who hate gnc gay men.

by Anonymousreply 195June 29, 2020 8:29 PM

R195, Hate me all you want but when you start targeting kids and ruing their lives and futures, thats when youre really fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 196June 29, 2020 8:31 PM

No gay boy should be transed.

by Anonymousreply 197June 29, 2020 8:33 PM

^^ This. And trans call it trans rights.

by Anonymousreply 198June 29, 2020 8:39 PM

This thread is tiresome. I think I'll take a break.

Just want to say: undermining women helps gay men and it is possible to use trans to achieve that goal without having to trans gay boys.

Oh, and JK was a cunt even before her comments. Does anyone know her address?

by Anonymousreply 199June 29, 2020 8:42 PM

It's 10pm in the UK so hopefully the "radfems hate gay men" post spammer has gone to bed.

by Anonymousreply 200June 29, 2020 8:54 PM

Funny, I can't actually see the shithead at r184's post but I saw it quoted. The shithead still can't say what a woman is.

I'd love to see the transists provide a definition of a woman but they never can, beyond a "a transwoman is a woman". What exactly does that mean if they can't even say what a woman is?

by Anonymousreply 201June 29, 2020 9:09 PM

The dressy ejaculator can't argue in good faith because he has no foundation. He believes that women MAKE him feel bad, as if he has no ability to come to his own decision. All in all it boils down to the same old thing: a delusional possibly mentally ill person is having a tantrum at mommy.

This garbage has been festering in UK academia for many years, and women who spoke out were ignored, silenced and sometimes arrested. And now it has oozed over into the US like a toxic oil spill. I'd like to see a prominent US woman with a spine take them on like JK is doing.

by Anonymousreply 202June 29, 2020 9:55 PM

JK Rowling just liked a tweet opposing a bill that will criminalise conversion therapy (both sexual orientation and gender identity) at the federal level in Canada.

If you were on the fence or thought people were overreacting before, now is the time to take a stand.

by Anonymousreply 203June 29, 2020 11:13 PM

r199 - "that goal" What goal?

Are you gay or straight? Trans or not?

by Anonymousreply 204June 29, 2020 11:31 PM

Notice how the creep at r199 is threatening physical violence against JKR ("Does anyone know her address?" - because she's an uppity woman and she needs to be beaten up and put in her place).

I actually think this poster is mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 205June 29, 2020 11:41 PM

[quote]JK Rowling just liked a tweet opposing a bill that will criminalise conversion therapy (both sexual orientation and gender identity) at the federal level in Canada.

[quote]If you were on the fence or thought people were overreacting before, now is the time to take a stand.

Frankly, it's a flawed bill. The problem is that the bill includes three main changes. Unfortunately, the rights of gays and lesbians have been thwarted by being lumped with the T agenda. Once again, gay people are going to lose out on protections because we have allowed ourselves to be lumped with the Ts.

[quote]a bill that proposes to criminalize aspects of conversion therapy. Conversion therapy is a practice that seeks to change an individual’s sexual orientation to heterosexual, to repress or reduce non-heterosexual attraction or sexual behaviours, or to change an individual’s gender identity to match the sex they were assigned at birth.

by Anonymousreply 206June 30, 2020 3:39 AM

Wow this is the most misogynist thread ever on DL and I thought the whole gay men are misogynists thing was a stereotypical lie. I'm horrified to see it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 207June 30, 2020 3:52 AM

R207, I would not assume that the misogyny on this thread is coming from gay men.

by Anonymousreply 208June 30, 2020 3:58 AM

R207 this sounds bizarre but almost all of the many, many posts are made by one mentally ill poster who rants about radfems and makes many, many misogynistic statements. I do not know why this creature has not been banned. It shows up in every thread that mentions trans because that is what it is obsessed with, and deflecting any trans comments onto radfems and women.

If you block r199, you will see that almost all of the posts you are referring to, disappear. It's definitely not The DL.

by Anonymousreply 209June 30, 2020 4:25 AM

At the time of writing, The JKunt troll is responsible for 75 out of 209 posts in this thread, some threatening JK Rowling and her supporters with physical violence.

He's posted 44 times in the 208 post thread about Hachette workers threatening to down tools in protest at Rowling and 29 times in the 93 post "Owen Jones wishes you a Happy Pride" thread.

This man hates women and represents the absolute worst in gay men's misogyny.

That he regularly uses "Fish" as an insult, something I've not heard since the 90s, I'm guessing he's early 50s.

by Anonymousreply 210June 30, 2020 9:00 AM

The troll is probably trans himself and tries to push his agenda on us. His unhinged, misogynistic behavior shows signs of mental illness which is rather common in TIMs.

by Anonymousreply 211June 30, 2020 9:54 AM

[quote]I'd like to see a prominent US woman with a spine take them on like JK is doing.

Martina has and is.

by Anonymousreply 212June 30, 2020 10:45 AM

R211 that would be my guess, too. He mostly only seems to post in these threads and is either being paid to detail the conversation or is mentally ill (or both). He posts from morning until night, responding to practically every post with some misogynistic statement. MURIEL PLEASE BAN HIM. He has been doing it for months now.

by Anonymousreply 213June 30, 2020 10:45 AM

[quote]Remember, everyone. To be truly progressive you must believe that the person in the middle of this picture (whose dad is a wealthy politician) is an oppressed minority whose side you must be on. Only the evil @ jk_rowling would be on the side of Feagaiga Stowers and Luniarra Sipaia - therestofus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 1, 2020 8:32 AM

Two Labour MPs offered their support for Rowling yesterday, which she acknowledged. The former Labour Deputy Leader also tweeted support for her. None are Corbynites and all 3 are hated by Russell-Moyle, Owen Jones and his gang.

Pat McFadden:

[quote]We are very lucky to have @jk_rowling . Her books have brought so much joy to millions of children. My nine year old loves every new Ickabog chapter. Thank you @jk_rowling

Siobhain McDonagh:

[quote]I join my great friend @patmcfaddenmp in thanking @jk_rowling for her work, her generosity & her bravery. No woman should ever be required to be silent about sexual or domestic violence. I thought that was the past...

Tom Watson:

[quote]The persecution of @jk_rowling is shocking. Despite the abuse, she still has the courage to speak out for what she believes in, which seems like a rare quality in these polarised times. Her acceptance of Lloyd Russell-Moyle’s apology is classy, and worth reading.

Lots of angry left wing men with beards have taken them to task, along with some edgy green fringed journalists who've written tedious JK ROWLING IS A WHITE SUPREMACIST TERF!!!!! articles for Medium and want to promote them some more.

The gay MP Peter Kyle retweeted Pat McFadden before deleting it - Kyle represents a constituency in Brighton as does Russell-Moyle.

by Anonymousreply 215July 1, 2020 9:14 AM

You are trying to conflate this with class and race.

The only meaningful way in which class pertains to this discussion in in JK using her huge wealth to censor other people's views.

by Anonymousreply 216July 1, 2020 9:24 AM

Unfortunately, Tom Watson is probably not a great person to have on your side but I'm glad that Labour MPs and others are supporting Rowling. It was mainly the shitty Corbynites who dragged Labour into this ridiculous pro-trans/anti-gay misogynist position.

Peter Kyle is a fucking coward, but the fact he did tweet support and then deleted it simply shows just how hard it is to stand up and say what you believe on this issue. Brighton is very lefty so there probably will be a bunch of pro-trans there but, when it really comes down to it, the overwhelming majority, even in Brighton, believe that there are two sexes and we shouldn't pretend they don't exist, that gender self-ID just like that is probably not a good thing and that great care should be taken when deciding if young people should transition.

by Anonymousreply 217July 1, 2020 9:41 AM

This thread has descended quickly from pretending to be about trans to outright homophobia, with its lambasting gay men for 'misogyny'.

by Anonymousreply 218July 1, 2020 9:48 AM

Oh fuck off JKunt troll at 216 and 218.

No one buys your shit that people who disagree with you are racist or homophobic.

Please get help with your misogyny. Hating 50% of humans simply because they have vaginas is not a normal position anyone should find themselves in. Maybe your mother can attend therapy sessions with you? That’s if she’s not rotting under your patio.

by Anonymousreply 219July 1, 2020 10:08 AM

Oh fuck off JKunt troll at 216 and 218.

No one buys your shit that people who disagree with you are racist or homophobic.

Please get help with your misogyny. Hating 50% of humans simply because they have vaginas is not a normal position anyone should find themselves in. Maybe your mother can attend therapy sessions with you? That’s if she’s not rotting under your patio.

by Anonymousreply 220July 1, 2020 10:08 AM

You consider hating people with penises perfectly normal though.

by Anonymousreply 221July 1, 2020 10:09 AM

So, if we state that people with penises aren't women, that means we hate people with penises? How curious.

by Anonymousreply 222July 1, 2020 10:11 AM

No, but you hate them anyway.

Especially those who love other 'penised persons'.

by Anonymousreply 223July 1, 2020 10:21 AM

Honesty question, of course England was heavily involved in the slave trade, but I don’t really know did they actually import and use slave labor in England itself or only in the colonies?

by Anonymousreply 224July 1, 2020 10:30 AM

There was no economically significant slave labour in England in the 16th-19th centuries, R224; there were some individual cases and it wasn't always straightforward, but overall English common law judges ruled repeatedly against the acceptance of slavery on English soil. This of course does not negate responsibility in the Atlantic slave trade - some might argue it makes it worse. Not all European countries were the same - I think Portugal and the Dutch Republic, for example, had laws passed that explicitly accepted slavery in the home country.

by Anonymousreply 225July 1, 2020 12:03 PM

R222 don't bother responding to the misogynistic trans activist troll - they post incessantly and are trying to detail the thread. Just block and move on.

by Anonymousreply 226July 1, 2020 4:41 PM

Will the trans loon get the fuck off this thread?! Gay men will always support feminists over those that are waging a war against gender non conforming kids.

by Anonymousreply 227July 1, 2020 5:40 PM

I prefer gay men who support gay men over homophobic feminists.

by Anonymousreply 228July 1, 2020 5:43 PM

I perfer gay men who support gay addolescants not being pumped with irreversable hormones in the name of supposed "civil rights"

Feminists are on the right side of this issue. Period.

by Anonymousreply 229July 1, 2020 5:48 PM

[quote]I perfer gay men who support gay addolescants not being pumped with irreversable hormones in the name of supposed "civil rights"

I don't support transing gay boys.

[quote]Feminists are on the right side of this issue.

It's only one segment of feminists who are on that side. All the trans children have something in common: liberal feminist female parents!

Gay men can reject the homophobia of the trans rights movement without supporting the homophobia of radical feminists, which you don't like being pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 230July 1, 2020 5:56 PM

[quote]Gay men can reject the homophobia of the trans rights movement without supporting the homophobia of radical feminists, which you don't like being pointed out.

This is really the key point here.

When I asked why gay men should be opposed to the trans movement all the responses were things about bathroom, refuges, sports. Hormone pumped kids weren't even near the top of the list. Do you actually care about gay men beyond the extent to which they can help women?

You get that gay men shouldn't advance trans interests, but nor should they advance women's interests.

Gay men should advance the interests of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 231July 1, 2020 5:59 PM

R230, JK rowling isn't homophobic. Im glad she spoke out on that nonsense Canadian bill.

by Anonymousreply 232July 1, 2020 6:00 PM

We really don't know if JK is homophobic. But every time we dig just a little below the surface we discover that all those women who hate trans women also hate gay men.

If you gay men, like myself, onside, start arguing for gay men. And condemn the homophobia from rad fems as vociferously as you would condemn homophobia from trans.

by Anonymousreply 233July 1, 2020 6:10 PM

Gay men do not exist as women's support humans. The whole point of the gay rights movement was our liberation, most of the anti-trans on DL appear to just want gay men to go from being useful idiots for the LGBT banner to being useful idiots for the Womyn banner.

I reject that. But am open to genuine discussion about the problems with the trans movement. Not Trans-in-Womens-Sport!!! That has nothing to do with gay rights.

Advocate for gay men as a class or expect to get called out.

by Anonymousreply 234July 1, 2020 6:14 PM

Nobody hates gay men more than trans people.

by Anonymousreply 235July 1, 2020 6:39 PM

Nah.

A quick look at rad fem Twitter says otherwise.

And as bad as any LGBT org may be, I don't see any of them writing anti gay marriage tweets.

by Anonymousreply 236July 1, 2020 7:00 PM

So, last week there was a TRANSCANDAL when a Baroness Nicholson, a former Tory MP and campaigner on child refugees who helped JK Rowling set up the Lumos charity, was sacked from her role on the literary Booker Prize, a prize she created with her husband many years ago. Like many Tories she didn't support gay marriage or other equality legislation, a position held by the chair of the Booker Prize, former Tory MP David Willetts.

Because Baroness Nicholson is an ally of JK Rowling and opposes changes to the Gender Recognition Act, there was a campaign to get her sacked, led by a man called Damien Barr, a friend of Britain's most needy trans narcissist Munroe Bergdorf. During the row, Nicholson referred to Bergdorf as "he" and called her a weird creature. Nicholson was thus removed from her role on the Booker Prize by Lord David Willetts, a man who's voting record is equally homophobic.

Many women pointed out that if Nicholson is unsuitable to be involved with The Booker Prize, why is Willetts? Could it be the same reason that the writers who left JK Rowling's agent in protest at her, yet had no complaints about boxer Tyson Fury, who compared homosexuality to paedophilia.

Anyway, today it turns out that TRANS ALLY Damien Barr has a long history of making repulsive remarks about "trannys", including this classic.

[quote]tittering sickly story about a 6'5 tranny who failed to hang herself from a 5'0 balcony this w'end. how many failures can one person take?

Looks like the man who likes to cancel transphobes is going to have to cancel himself.

by Anonymousreply 237July 1, 2020 7:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 1, 2020 7:25 PM

[quote] You get that gay men shouldn't advance trans interests, but nor should they advance women's interests. Gay men should advance the interests of gay men.

Um, don't many gay men have mothers and maybe sisters? You propose an incredibly selfish idea of gay men. I don't share that idea and that has never been my experience.

by Anonymousreply 239July 1, 2020 7:30 PM

This would be easier -- and I wouldn't be as interested -- if you stopped trying to pretend your opposition to the trans movement is out of concern for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 240July 1, 2020 7:34 PM

[quote]To those people saying it is "homophobic...It seems it's a rather small minority..."

Moron.

The level of analytic stupid in that sentence is mindboggling.

No wonder they think what they think and their "evidence" is so ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 241July 1, 2020 7:35 PM

R240, among other reasons, opposition to trans extremists is indeed very much out of concern for gay PEOPLE. Gay men AND gay women. Why would you differentiate between the two when both are being erased and attacked by trans activists?

Gay people exist and your words are literally KILLING THEM.

Too far?

by Anonymousreply 242July 1, 2020 7:38 PM

Gay men.

They can't even say those words.

by Anonymousreply 243July 1, 2020 7:40 PM

don’t feed the troll!!!

by Anonymousreply 244July 1, 2020 8:31 PM

Suggesting gay men should organize on a gay men's website is trolling.

Only radfem gorupthink is allowed.

by Anonymousreply 245July 1, 2020 8:39 PM

I have absolutely nothing against Trans people but there are some honest truths. If you are having periods you are a Woman. If there are testicles underneath your dress you are a Man. You can call yourself what you like and few people care and I hope you live full and happy lives but your biological makeup stays the same.

by Anonymousreply 246July 1, 2020 8:58 PM

R246 one of the circular arguments they will use is "but some women have testicles" and "some men have periods" because trans women are women etc.

It's like a nuthouse.

by Anonymousreply 247July 2, 2020 1:59 AM

I find nothing wrong with what Rowling said.

by Anonymousreply 248July 3, 2020 3:22 AM

r248 must be a Republican hatemonger

by Anonymousreply 249July 3, 2020 3:25 AM

"among other reasons, opposition to trans extremists is indeed very much out of concern for gay PEOPLE. Gay men AND gay women. Why would you differentiate between the two when both are being erased and attacked by trans activists?"

The people who bitch about "trans activists" are Republicans who hate gays as well as trans people

"No one buys your shit that people who disagree with you are racist or homophobic."

No one buys your shit that spewing right-wing talking points is "feminist"

by Anonymousreply 250July 3, 2020 3:27 AM

"I've been called plump. I've been called fat. But I've never been called fatarse! " Juliet Mills in Billy Wilders Avanti!

by Anonymousreply 251July 3, 2020 3:28 AM

"Defending allowing a biological man with a penis to go into a women’s dressing bathroom or locker room, denying biological sexual differences, calling a rape by a trans woman a female crime and threatening to take away peoples kids because they don’t want to put them on cross sex hormones or blockers isn’t a way to win people over nor does it advance gay and lesbian causes."

Except people who are against gays claimed that gay men would attack straight men in bathrooms and locker rooms. That's what homophobes did to bash gays in sports like football.

by Anonymousreply 252July 3, 2020 3:29 AM

No they didn’t r252. Women don’t want to share a locker room or bathroom with someone with a penis

by Anonymousreply 253July 3, 2020 6:22 AM

Yes, they did, R253. Stop erasing homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 254July 3, 2020 6:49 AM

The extent to which TERFs have radicalized in the past year is alarming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255July 3, 2020 6:50 AM

When did people say gay men would attack straight men in a bathroom or locker room, r252? Was there an attempt to change the law to let gay men pee in straight men's bathrooms?

by Anonymousreply 256July 3, 2020 6:55 AM

Are you a gay man, R256?

Because you sound like a straight woman.

by Anonymousreply 257July 3, 2020 6:59 AM

The idiocy of people like r252, who can't see the problem for women in bathrooms or locker rooms if "trans" can self-id in 6 months so any male who wants to perv on women can get himself legally recognised as a woman just by filling in a form and there is nothing to stop him from going into the ladies' toilets.

by Anonymousreply 258July 3, 2020 7:00 AM

So I'll assume you're not a gay man, R256/R258.

by Anonymousreply 259July 3, 2020 7:03 AM

R252, when did homophobes bash gays in sports to stop gay men using the locker room?

I guess you agree with big, hulking biological men competing in women's sports. What's to stop them from doing so without needing any kind of medical transition if men can get themselves legally defined as a woman in just a few months sinply by filling in a form?

by Anonymousreply 260July 3, 2020 7:05 AM

R252, when did homophobes bash gays in sports to stop gay men using the locker room?

I guess you agree with big, hulking biological men competing in women's sports. What's to stop them from doing so without needing any kind of medical transition if men can get themselves legally defined as a woman in just a few months sinply by filling in a form?

by Anonymousreply 261July 3, 2020 7:05 AM

You're a straight woman.

Get off this board.

by Anonymousreply 262July 3, 2020 7:06 AM

I still don't understand why bigots on DL and elsewhere are so fucking obsessed with trans people. Even by gay standards they're a tiny percent of the population.

by Anonymousreply 263July 3, 2020 7:49 AM

No one's obsessed with trans people r263, it's the trans ideology that's the problem, and that doesn't just cover trans people, in the opinion of trans ideologists it covers everyone. For example, same-sex attraction is reductive and insulting in their opinion.

I had a "chat" with a couple of trans ideologists online yesterday. Apparently, being gay or lesbian does not mean being attracted to people of your own sex but being attracted to people of your own gender. Because, some women have penises and some men have vaginas. If you say you're only interested in people of your own sex, then you're a gender fetishist, obsessed with genitals, insulting, etc.

This idea, that gender is what's important and not biological sex is irrelevant is not held just by a tiny minority but is fast becoming embedded in mainstream society, without society even noticing it. This is why Rowling pointed to the way in which women are described even in UN or WHO (I can't remember which right now) information leaflets as "people who menstruate". Biological sex is being erased, only "gender" matters now and talking about bodies and physical reality is bigoted.

Yesterday, I had a skim through the Instagram accounts of what started out as gay organisations. Everything about Pride was dedicated to trans. The few lesbian bar/club nights in London (my personal area of interest) are no longer for females interested in females, but everything is advertised heavily as for "lesbians, genderqueers, transwomen, etc. etc." How gross that in one of the few spaces where gay women might hope to meet other women, they have to be prepared to be hit on by a biological male "lesbian". The same is true for online dating.

As you say, the trans are a tiny minority, yet everything is being reoriented to centre around them. And the law and public policy are being rewritten to cater not to trans people but the trans ideology. You really need to wake up to what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 264July 3, 2020 8:38 AM

He knows exactly what's going on R264, he's just a troll. The same troll who's been defending this trans nonsense in the entire thread. He'll keep pretending that trans activists claiming that there is no such thing as sex doesn't affect gay men -despite gay men being attracted to their own SEX-until he or IT is blue in the face. Trans activists/supporters don't operate with logic or intelligence, just pure tenacity to wear people out with circular (non-existent) reasoning

by Anonymousreply 265July 3, 2020 8:49 AM

^^or pure denial

by Anonymousreply 266July 3, 2020 8:49 AM

R265, I'm pretty sure that R263 is my only post in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 267July 3, 2020 10:04 AM

[quote]No one's obsessed with trans people

No, you are.

As evidenced by the fact you've made -- and now bumped up -- several threads on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 268July 3, 2020 10:10 AM

R264 "Apparently, being gay or lesbian does not mean being attracted to people of your own sex but being attracted to people of your own gender." That's kind of funny to me, in my language (czech) there is only one word for both sex and gendet = pohlaví. So when one wants to describe trans to someone, they might use the obligatory " person with mental health issues".

by Anonymousreply 269July 3, 2020 12:42 PM

[quote]That's kind of funny to me, in my language (czech) there is only one word for both sex and gendet = pohlaví.

That's interesting actually. And I imagine it's true for most of the world's languages except English (which has a relationship with sender and gex anyway).

I see gender and sex as being so intertwined that separation is near impossible. The TERFy penis hating lesbians are the same way: they're first turned off by trans women's personalities almost as much as their genitalia. Most lesbians, of course, never have sex, so they shouldn't hate the idea of being in a relationship with a trans women, yet they are.

The attempts between TERFs to draw distinction between the two is very new. When RBG was nominated and asked by the Senate committee why she used gender rather than sex in her writings, she said that they meant the same thing, but sex made men giggle. Or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 270July 3, 2020 12:54 PM

Precisely, r269. This alleged distinction between gender ("identity") and biological sex is impossible in pretty much every language aside from English, which simply underlines the fact that this new trans movement is the product not of any real phenomenon that exists in society but is the product of American "queer theory" and bullshit like the incomprehensible writings of Judith Butler. It's an entirely activist made-up thing.

Even in English, the words sex and gender meant the same thing (biological sex) until a few years ago (and still do for most people).

by Anonymousreply 271July 3, 2020 1:06 PM

[quote]Even in English, the words sex and gender meant the same thing (biological sex) until a few years ago (and still do for most people).

Yes, but it's TERFs who are driving the push for a distinction between the two.

by Anonymousreply 272July 3, 2020 1:11 PM

Instagram is going down the crazy homophobic twitter route. A comment of mine was deleted by Instagram because I asked a woman who claimed to be gay and was telling me that "some women have penises" if she would have a relationship with a person of the male biological sex who identified as a "lesbian". As I was posting I got the message that there had been many complaints about comments similar to mine, so these trans mobs that swarm the threads and submit complaints about everything do have an effect.

This was on the account of a formerly gay organisation, now trans organisation, who also deleted all my comments so that whole discussion (which was polite) has been deleted. I was asking whether it's permissible to be attracted solely to your own sex and being told that's insulting. I asked what a woman is since, apparently, trans women are women. The answer was "woman is a social construct". So I asked if that meant that trans women are a social construct.

by Anonymousreply 273July 3, 2020 2:04 PM

She should write a new Harry Potter novel where Harry is older and when a studio buys the rights she should insist on a new cast. No Daniel or Emma!

by Anonymousreply 274July 3, 2020 2:21 PM

[quote]So I asked if that meant that trans women are a social construct.

The answer is yes.

Trans women are a social construct. Ciswomen are a social construct. All women are a social construct.

by Anonymousreply 275July 3, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote]She should write a new Harry Potter novel where Harry is older and when a studio buys the rights she should insist on a new cast. No Daniel or Emma!

That sounds really petty.

So I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to do something like that.

by Anonymousreply 276July 3, 2020 2:26 PM

[quote]Why do women use that filter that makes their eyes seem huge and their lower faces small and pointy? Is it an anime look?

It's the standard instagram / selfie pose for females (would say women, but girls do it as well).

by Anonymousreply 277July 3, 2020 2:27 PM

Yes, ciswomen are unable to take a picture without trying to sexualize it.

by Anonymousreply 278July 3, 2020 2:28 PM

You mean WOMEN R278. There's no other kind of woman but a cis woman no matter what the trans activists screech about

by Anonymousreply 279July 3, 2020 6:55 PM

r279 trans activists labeled women and men "cisgender", I prefer just "men and women" or "biological men/women" if it's confusing in context.

by Anonymousreply 280July 3, 2020 7:18 PM

r277 its a Japanese filter that enlarges the eyes, it's used there by girls to seem more western, I have no idea why they use it here. It makes them look alien.

by Anonymousreply 281July 3, 2020 7:19 PM

The term cis woman or cis man or biological woman or biological man is redundant. There are no other kinds of women or men

by Anonymousreply 282July 3, 2020 7:20 PM

There are men.

Then there are women who are trans and ciswomen.

by Anonymousreply 283July 3, 2020 7:40 PM

Trans men are women and trans women are men. There is no such thing as a cis woman or man because it's redundant. No amount of bullying will convince intelligent free thinking individuals otherwise

by Anonymousreply 284July 3, 2020 8:14 PM

This radical feminist dyke *claims* to think otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285July 3, 2020 8:34 PM

I'm at the point now where I can't even tell if this is a parody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286July 3, 2020 9:03 PM

R270, you're daft. Trying to suggest that RBG was making an argument with her statement that gender is the same as sex is beyond ridiculous.

There is a troll here who is trying to gaslight their way to winning their argument that biological men can magically become biological women by thinking it so and thus we should all accept it as a fait accompli. Suspect "scientific" studies, taking words out of context, accusing posters of hate, accusing posters of being straight women, and on and on.

It won't work.

by Anonymousreply 287July 3, 2020 9:08 PM

R286, LOL!

by Anonymousreply 288July 3, 2020 9:12 PM

[quote] Trying to suggest that RBG was making an argument with her statement that gender is the same as sex is beyond ridiculous.

In the early '90s they were. The separation between the two is recent, commonplace only in rad fem discourse, and unique to English.

by Anonymousreply 289July 3, 2020 9:22 PM

[quote] There is a troll here who is trying to gaslight their way to winning their argument that biological men can magically become biological women by thinking it so and thus we should all accept it as a fait accompli.

What we're actually allowed to have is competition in the marketplace.

We can compare both ciswomen and trans and see what we prefer.

If the failings of trans women are so obvious then you have nothing to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 290July 3, 2020 9:24 PM

[quote] If the failings of trans women are so obvious then you have nothing to worry about.

You could make the exact same argument about nazi and racist hate speech.

Why it's just a marketplace competition, right?

The "failings" of transwomen have had and may continue to have serious detrimental effects on the rights and protections for biological women. It's not just about wordsmith is it?

by Anonymousreply 291July 3, 2020 9:49 PM

I think hate speech should be banned. JK should be ostracized and all her copyright placed into the public domain.

[quote]The "failings" of transwomen

Then, if they failed, nobody would regard them as women.

by Anonymousreply 292July 3, 2020 9:52 PM

Failing here is not meant as a gerund it means failings(a noun in the plural) as in faults. What is your first language R292?

by Anonymousreply 293July 3, 2020 9:59 PM

If so many people (on Twitter) hate Rowling and support the extreme version of trans ideology then why doesn't that overwhelming majority band together and collect sufficient money to meet her libel challenge? Its almost as if Twitter support is meaningless and not representive of the population as a whole!

by Anonymousreply 294July 3, 2020 10:02 PM

You don't understand that you will not be allowed to decide what you prefer R290 because if you decide you don't prefer trans then it falls under the umbrella of bigotry and hate speech which is becoming or is already illegal. So you will be punished by law for preferring men or women over TRANS

by Anonymousreply 295July 3, 2020 10:04 PM

You won't think hate speech should be banned R292 when you say something that offends someone else and they brand your statement as hate speech

by Anonymousreply 296July 3, 2020 10:06 PM

If trans women are so, so, so unconvincing and less preferable to cis, then they'll never be considered women.

So you have nothing to worry about.

But trans women are out there forcing you to up your game.

Which you hate.

by Anonymousreply 297July 3, 2020 10:08 PM

Does anyone know what the fuck r297 is talking about?

by Anonymousreply 298July 3, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote]Does anyone know what the fuck [R297] is talking about?

Well, since r297 insists on using the hate speech "c*s" word, we can pretty much assume it's some unhinged anti-gay lunacy.

by Anonymousreply 299July 3, 2020 10:12 PM

No, I'm pro-gay.

Unlike rad fems.

by Anonymousreply 300July 3, 2020 10:13 PM

Trans(transvestites who claim they are actually women) are not upping anyone's game. We are simply calling out their ideological mendacity and cancerous infestation into the government, workplace and social relationships. They are antigay in their behavior and if you refuse to see what is plainly in front of your face one can do nothing but fight your lies.

by Anonymousreply 301July 3, 2020 10:18 PM

I don't see how they're anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 302July 3, 2020 10:20 PM

Rad fems have more pro gay opinions than trans folks. Trans folks believe in a rigiid bigoted gender system that seeks to wipe gay people put entirely.

by Anonymousreply 303July 3, 2020 10:21 PM

Are you certifiable R300? This is a GAY site and it is GAY men who don't want to be told or punished for preferring MEN not transgenders. And if you think women are afraid that trans women are going to upstage them then you don't get out and speak to straight men much either do you? Straight men are disgusted by these weirdos, I can't think of a single woman who believes a transwoman will be preferred over a real woman. But if by "upping their game" you mean putting on about 30 pounds of muscle mass and skeleton structure to compete with these freaks in sports or loading themselves with weapons to protect against these perverts in changing rooms and the like then yes, they do indeed need to "up their game". Because these men are mentally ill and very dangerous to actual women

by Anonymousreply 304July 3, 2020 10:22 PM

[quote] Rad fems have more pro gay opinions than trans folks.

Not in my experience.

[quote] This is a GAY site and it is GAY men who don't want to be told or punished for preferring MEN not transgenders.

Most 'transmen' prefer women.

If you don't want to have sex with a 'transman' don't.

Nobody is forcing you. We're not at risk.

by Anonymousreply 305July 3, 2020 10:24 PM

R305, get lost, tranny. We can smell your "lady stick" from miles away.

by Anonymousreply 306July 3, 2020 10:27 PM

I'm a gay man.

And dicks don't tend to smell. You must be thinking of vadge.

by Anonymousreply 307July 3, 2020 10:27 PM

Quit pretending you're a gay man R305 and yes gay men are at risk if they are being told they are bigots for preferring men over trans

by Anonymousreply 308July 3, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote]gay men are at risk if they are being told they are bigots for preferring men over trans

The benefits trans bring offset things like that.

Those things will affect women more than gay men.

If anyone suggested I should have sex with a 'transman' I'd just laugh at them. Tell them 'transmen' are sad parodies of manhood and go right back to advocating for trans women.

You can do both.

by Anonymousreply 309July 3, 2020 10:30 PM

We can get punched if we don't want "boy pussy"! 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310July 3, 2020 10:30 PM

[quote]We can get punched if we don't want "boy pussy"!

I'll take my chances with a 'transman'.

by Anonymousreply 311July 3, 2020 10:31 PM

[quote]Trans folks believe in a rigiid bigoted gender system

My experience is that rad fems believe in a rigid gender system for men -- but not themselves.

They hate drag, for instance.

by Anonymousreply 312July 3, 2020 10:32 PM

Why would a gay man advocate/waste his time for a trans woman?

by Anonymousreply 313July 3, 2020 10:33 PM

Because they benefit gay men.

by Anonymousreply 314July 3, 2020 10:34 PM

How?R314

by Anonymousreply 315July 3, 2020 10:36 PM

They undermine radical feminism, which is a homophobic ideology.

I should state that I am opposed to transing gay boys and gay men being forced to have sex with 'transmen' and I support G and T being separate movements.

by Anonymousreply 316July 3, 2020 10:39 PM

That is possibly the dumbest argument I've heard for trans R316 and I've heard a lot. Encouraging men to pretend to be women does nothing for gay men, it only encourages the notion that gay men want to be men

by Anonymousreply 317July 3, 2020 10:43 PM

[quote] Encouraging men to pretend to be women does nothing for gay men, it only encourages the notion that gay men want to be men

I assume you mean women. No, it’s trans lesbians I want to see.

by Anonymousreply 318July 3, 2020 10:45 PM

Then no one will take you seriously R318. Your whole argument is based in your hated of feminism and women, not for any great concern about homophobia, if you were truly concerned you would be against every society on Earth, which is fundamentally homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 319July 3, 2020 10:49 PM

On the contrary, it’s YOU who can’t produce an argument as to why gay men should be anti-trans.

I asked for one and got something about sports and bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 320July 3, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote] if you were truly concerned you would be against every society on Earth, which is fundamentally homophobic.

Who says I’m not?

I’d love for the world’s most homophobic countries to be nuked and I’d love for homophobia to receive the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 321July 3, 2020 10:54 PM

Um no R320 it was stated MULTIPLE times that the trans movement is trying to label anyone, including gay men, as bigots for preferring men or women over trans. If you think that won't effect gay men you're either deluded or lying through your teeth. It a troll. Probably a combo.

by Anonymousreply 322July 3, 2020 10:56 PM

Well, rad fems call gay men bigoted more often than trans.

I see them as the bigger problem.

by Anonymousreply 323July 3, 2020 10:57 PM

Well you're a fucking idiot then R323. The trans movement is powerful and gay men won't be spared, though it's doubtful you are one. Probably just a straight guy trying to recruit gay men to go against feminism under the guise of feminism "being worse"

by Anonymousreply 324July 3, 2020 11:02 PM

You're the idiot R324, the trans "movement" isn't powerful, what utter dishonest nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 325July 4, 2020 3:28 AM

Guy, block the troll and half the posts disappear.

by Anonymousreply 326July 4, 2020 6:33 AM

I already have that crazy troll blocked r326, it invests all these threads.

by Anonymousreply 327July 4, 2020 6:37 AM

I already have that crazy troll blocked r326, it invests all these threads.

by Anonymousreply 328July 4, 2020 6:37 AM

*infests

by Anonymousreply 329July 4, 2020 6:38 AM

*infests

by Anonymousreply 330July 4, 2020 6:38 AM

Don't feed the troll! He's all over these threads trying to sow division and distract from anything but the thread subject.

by Anonymousreply 331July 4, 2020 6:39 AM

R325, you're extremely fucking naive if you can't see that the trans cult pretty much has its stranglehold on everything, from Pride and the whole rewriting of Stonewall history, all the formerly gay organisations, gay social venues and events that have to cater to the queer, to law and public policy makers, international sporting competitions, social media, university campuses, international organisations such as the UN and its stupid "people who menstruate" leaflet, public figures who all feel obliged to proclaim "trans women are women", and so on and so on.

They've done this in various sneaky ways, from piggybacking on the LGB, to now cementing their grip on BLM, to the way they act as a mob (certainly not isolated posters) on social media, which then impacts on the position the media in general takes, Hollywood, the music and entertainment industry, advertisers, corporations. They have managed to get Generation Z and not only to adopt their language ("two or more genders", "not all women have vaginas", "I identify as x, y, z", "queer, queer, queer").

Now we're at the point where it's a bad and evil thing to be attracted to people on the basis of sex because that's reducing everything to genitals and is insulting and hence being lesbian or gay on the basis of sex is transphobic. It's ok if you're lesbian or gay on the basis of gender and don't discriminate against certain genitals, though.

Don't think these are just a few isolated crazies, it's a whole thought system that is being adopted. Look at Calvin Klein and it's choice of a biological male who "identifies" as a lesbian for its Pride campaign. Of course, it's easy for them to go for the gays first, perhaps when they try to start forcing heterosexuals to say they're attracted to a gender regardless of genitals society night wake up, but they will destroy the homosexuals first.

Wake the fuck up, everyone.

by Anonymousreply 332July 4, 2020 7:07 AM

R325, you're extremely fucking naive if you can't see that the trans cult pretty much has its stranglehold on everything, from Pride and the whole rewriting of Stonewall history, all the formerly gay organisations, gay social venues and events that have to cater to the queer, to law and public policy makers, international sporting competitions, social media, university campuses, international organisations such as the UN and its stupid "people who menstruate" leaflet, public figures who all feel obliged to proclaim "trans women are women", and so on and so on.

They've done this in various sneaky ways, from piggybacking on the LGB, to now cementing their grip on BLM, to the way they act as a mob (certainly not isolated posters) on social media, which then impacts on the position the media in general takes, Hollywood, the music and entertainment industry, advertisers, corporations. They have managed to get Generation Z and not only to adopt their language ("two or more genders", "not all women have vaginas", "I identify as x, y, z", "queer, queer, queer").

Now we're at the point where it's a bad and evil thing to be attracted to people on the basis of sex because that's reducing everything to genitals and is insulting and hence being lesbian or gay on the basis of sex is transphobic. It's ok if you're lesbian or gay on the basis of gender and don't discriminate against certain genitals, though.

Don't think these are just a few isolated crazies, it's a whole thought system that is being adopted. Look at Calvin Klein and it's choice of a biological male who "identifies" as a lesbian for its Pride campaign. Of course, it's easy for them to go for the gays first, perhaps when they try to start forcing heterosexuals to say they're attracted to a gender regardless of genitals society night wake up, but they will destroy the homosexuals first.

Wake the fuck up, everyone.

by Anonymousreply 333July 4, 2020 7:07 AM

Well, this is boring me.

I’ll wait for her outright homophobic comments next month.

I’d love for the US to liberate Britain and throw her in jail — ideally in a cell with a week-transed woman named Brucia.

by Anonymousreply 334July 4, 2020 8:31 AM

Rowling isn't homophobic r333. She stood up for same-sex attraction and for that she was attacked for being "transphobic" and a "terf".

You are the homophobic one, trying to force the idea that biological sex doesn't matter, only gender identity, and promoting bullshit such as "some women have penises, some men have vaginas, get over it".

by Anonymousreply 335July 4, 2020 9:29 AM

^ r335 is addressed to r334, of course.

by Anonymousreply 336July 4, 2020 9:30 AM

Love JK! She is a hero to people woth common sense and thag support feminisim and gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 337July 20, 2020 1:07 AM

Why don’t you just admit you think homosexuality is transphobic.

by Anonymousreply 338July 20, 2020 1:30 AM

Homosexuality isn't transphobic, but gender ideology is homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 339July 20, 2020 9:56 AM

Homosexuality isn't transphobic, but gender ideology is homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 340July 20, 2020 9:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!