Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Tre45on’ Trends After Bombshell Story Claiming Trump Knew Putin Had Bounty On U.S. Troops

Reacting to the report, Joe Biden slammed Trump’s record of “deference and debasing himself before Vladimir Putin.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245August 4, 2020 10:55 PM

‘Tre45on’

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2020 10:56 AM

Ted Lieu:

Everyone in this picture is a patriot, with one exception. @realDonaldTrump apparently knew Putin paid bounties to militants to kill US troops & POTUS did nothing. Actually, it was worse than nothing. Trump last month invited Putin to the G7 summit. Traitorous behavior by Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2020 10:58 AM

The shit has hit the fan on this. Even the Lincoln Project has already burned out a damning ad. Meanwhile Trumpy is denying he ever knew about it and all kinds of peoples is speaking up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2020 11:06 AM

Biden has hopped on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2020 11:10 AM

Congress and the press have to find out if this information was listed in the Presidential Daily Briefs just like the warnings of COVID-19 were listed in the PDB in January, and Trump denied knowing about the virus.

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2020 11:18 AM

He knew. Why do you think the Intel people are quitting and he puts in a flunky asshole like Ratliffe as DNI, who wouldn't recognize an intelligence briefing if it bit his dick off? Trump KNEW. he may have argued about the truth of it. ( "Oh, no, I can't believe that! You have your facts wrong. Now those ragheads in Afghanistan may have killed some of our guys, but Putin had nothing to do with it. The Chinese are spreading false rumors about Vlad!")

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2020 11:50 AM

[quote]”I’m quite frankly outraged by the report,” Biden said. He promised that if he is elected, “Putin will be confronted and we’ll impose serious costs on Russia.”

So the attempts to steal the election for Trump have just been ramped-up.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2020 12:01 PM

Jesus goddamn motherfucking christ. What the fuck will it take for Bitch and Lady G to act? All Trump voters should be considered traitors. We should have a national strike and camp outside republican senators homes until they force his resignation.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2020 12:02 PM

It's hard to say where this will go, but if whistleblowers start coming out of the woodwork about the intel provided to Dump & Pence or the senior military brash push back on Dump (since they're already trying to recover after the Battle of Lafayette Square) - add to that Dump's lukewarm reception in Tulsa - this one might actually be a bridge too far for the Senate repigs.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2020 12:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2020 12:27 PM

Well, if we can commit the assassination of Soleimani, how do we criticize Russia?

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2020 12:35 PM

Hey, asshole at R11. We took action against our enemy. We took action against those who would harm us or our allies. It's what we're supposed to do. In a war. But Russia? They did the cowardly underhanded thing. They paid our supposed allies, the Afghans, to literally assassinate our soldiers. And they paid a bounty for it. They weren't even part of the fucking discussion. They just strong-armed their way into it to gain a foothold ...for the sake of gas and oil.

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2020 12:40 PM

A response from the demented old man who can’t string two sentences together:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2020 12:42 PM

If you go all the way back to the 50's and the start of the Cold War which few Americans even understood, Russia's "invisible hand" has been all over the Middle East making peace virtually impossible. Jimmy Carter came closest because he stood up to Russia. He did a lot of things that were unpopular, but he stood up to Russia. Russia's standard M.O is to probe for weaknesses and then make things worse and create internal chaos to weaken an enemy for their own gain.

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2020 12:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2020 12:46 PM

Trump is Putin's bitch. Once you realize that, all else that he does makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2020 12:49 PM

I have to marvel at the surprise of the Media and the politicians. Trump is totally consistent. If you have been observing him since the beginning, this is exactly what you'd expect. He has his people like Putin, Erdogan, etc. and his personal agenda with them, and he really doesn't give a fuck about the country.

He doesn't give a fuck about the servicemen. When has he ever even commented on dead soldiers. When has he ever gone to Dover to greet the caskets and the families except for a photo op. Our soldiers get ambushed, killed, etc. he doesn't even pay attention. Instead his people cover up the circumstances of the ambush.

He's consistent. He doesn't care about people dying from the virus either. Not a bit. Those are numbers. He has no real human impulses. He is about as mentally disturbed as you get and still appear functional. This is who he is. This is what we get. This is what the Republicans have supported for four years. One predation after another.

Throwing paper towels at hurricane victims, then withholding aid from Puerto Rico. Just like he confiscated personal protection equipment so he could profit from selling it and we see our nurses wearing garbage bags. This is who he is. When Erdogan's goons were beating up our police officers and attacking protesters right on the streets of Washington D.C. he did nothing.

The only thing that slows them all down is exposure. They are sneaky cowards who like to operate in secret. So yes, whistleblowers. All of you are welcome here. Barr, Pompeo, various press secretaries, Mulvaney,Meadows, Priebus, Spicer, Huckabee, Conway, Mnuchin, they all lie reflexively. They only ever back off when they're exposed. Withholding funding from desperately needed people for storm damage? Business loans to buddies? Defense contracts to fly by night corporations? Secret deals with MBS or China? We only know because it was exposed.

He is rotten. He is evil and I hope he experiences all of the pain he has caused to others.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2020 1:11 PM

Lovely. And since Trump is a known liar and bends the truth for his own purposes, claiming that 'he didn't know' just emphasizes that he's a doddering old fool. Bub, it's your job to know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2020 1:14 PM

We all know Trump's an asshole, but if the DOD knew about this, why aren't top brass in the Pentagon screaming about this? Did they just go along with Trump just to get along with him? If so, we have a bunch of spineless cowards sitting in the Pentagon.

I wonder what Mattis has to say about this?

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2020 1:50 PM

Is there any way to find out if Grenell and Ratcliffe are lying? There has to be documentation about what information they shared with Dump. I guess the general public has no access to this information, but could the Intelligence Commitee request these documents or are these intelligence briefings top secret? I hope someone has the courage to step forward, but I doubt it will happen with all these corrupt Dump stooges in every important position and no oversight.

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2020 1:50 PM

NYT reports it was included in his daily briefing. Everyone knows he doesn't read, it's not his fault if nobody told him or Pence. Also, the DNI thought the CIA told him and the CIA thought the secret service told him, it's an honest mistake.

Whatever happens, please do not find any of these families of dead soldiers, you know that won't go well for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2020 1:54 PM

Uncle Bottom has but one instinct. Annihilation of self. Punishment. Suffering. He is a self fulfilling prophecy.

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2020 2:01 PM

FF @ R13

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2020 2:10 PM

This can really hurt Trump, the Democrats need to ride this to the election. I’m glad the Lincoln Project is on top of it, at least.

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2020 2:10 PM

Malcom Nance: "We have lost 20 service members -- that's FIVE Benghazis according to them."

by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2020 2:14 PM

He doesn't give a shit at all. He's out golfing with Miss Graham today.

by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2020 2:17 PM

And the cesspool just keeps getting bigger, deeper and dirtier.

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2020 2:21 PM

"He's out golfing with Miss Graham today."

Miss Graham will be receiving her marching orders today from Trump about how to feign outrage over this development, but at the same time sweeping it under the rug by preventing the Senate from doing any further investigations. By the 7th or 8th hole, Trump will remind Ms. Lindsey of their "arrangement" whereby Ms. Lindsey does Trump's biding while Trump doesn't "accidently" reveal Ms. Lindsey's past "indiscretions."

by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2020 2:31 PM

This could be it.

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2020 2:31 PM

You're funny, R29.

by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2020 2:39 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2020 2:58 PM

There is no 'it.' Obviously he can get by with anything he wants. That whole impeachment was a sham - did anything come of it? Nope. His filthy, disgusting reputation was already tarnished. He has no sense of ethics, so he doesn't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2020 3:02 PM

[quote] If you go all the way back to the 50's and the start of the Cold War which few Americans even understood, Russia's "invisible hand" has been all over the Middle East making peace virtually impossible.

This is irrelevant to what we are talking about today, and also wrong. The US, Britain, and France bear a lot of the blame for what happened in the 50s.

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2020 3:07 PM

And it doesn't matter if "both sides" do this kind of thing. The president of the United States should be looking out for US interests, not explaining away the actions of countries that are working against US interests.

by Anonymousreply 34June 28, 2020 3:08 PM

I’m surprised the orange shit stain didn’t issue an executive order for a day of national mourning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 28, 2020 3:12 PM

We armed & paid the mujahideen to kill Russians during the Soviet Afghan war. We bragged about it & sent 60 Minutes over there with Dan Rather joining the heroic Muslim warriors. MI6 also paid the afghans. Up until recently we used to say that the Afghan War helped bring down the USSR. Now we keep that quiet, lest anyone say “Well if Afghanistan took down the USSR, why can’t it take down the US?”

My guess is that Putin is playing tit for tat & we — the IC & DNC — are trying to use it to our advantage. To which I say “Fine.” It’s another black mark against Trump, another part of his legacy, even though no president would’ve done anything about it, except maybe give Putin a stern warning that this is going to go on his permanent record. The more we can pile on top of Trump, the better as far as I’m concerned.

Trump will wiggle out of this, as usual. He’ll get advice from Bannon, who now has a nest of FSB agents living with him in that monastery in Italy, directly advising him & through him, Trump.

You did know Bannon got the monastery back, didn't you?

Trump’s 35-42% will still stick with him. They’d rather be russian than democrats & have the tee shirts to prove it.

by Anonymousreply 36June 28, 2020 3:13 PM
by Anonymousreply 37June 28, 2020 3:19 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2020 3:21 PM

No one told me! Fire them!

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2020 3:31 PM

[QUOTE] This could be it.

This will be it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2020 3:39 PM

R36, yes we did. And so fucking what. It was in our interest, and it was also in the interests of the Israelis our closest allies in the region back then. Russia's invasion of Afghanistan to filch oil and gas was thwarted by Jimmy Carter and they were humiliated. Deservedly so. And now Putin has insinuated himself back in to the Afghanistan situation for the same reason only the fucking coward will buy off key people and assassinate others to get his way instead of some costly invasion. And Trump is helping him. Because Trump has now pulled 10000 troops out of Germany for Vlad, and he has been pulling our guys out of Afghanistan. The death of American Servicemen by bounty hunters is a craven despicable thing. Designed to demoralize. Agree with R34.

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2020 3:40 PM

What's Pelosi said about this? Sorry if there's already a post upthread.

by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2020 3:44 PM

Another scandal that will be forgotten next week.

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2020 3:45 PM

It will be interesting to see how the military brass reacts to this information; if they take the position of "this is a very serious charge and we need to learn more", it will give air cover to the repigs and the WH will leak like one of Dump's old diapers as they all try to save themselves. If they say nothing or go in with the "this is a baseless accusation, fake news, blah, blah, blah", then maybe it is yet another scandal overshadowed by some other fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2020 3:47 PM

The military have known this as long or even longer than Trump has known. My guess is that this leak has come through them

by Anonymousreply 45June 28, 2020 3:49 PM

Where is Barb Starr?

by Anonymousreply 46June 28, 2020 3:53 PM

The military have known this as long or even longer than Trump has known

Well, "publicly" react to the news.

by Anonymousreply 47June 28, 2020 3:54 PM

"What's Pelosi said about this?"

She said, "Ronald Crump has clearly abdicated his duties here. I hope Joel Bryden calls him out on this".

by Anonymousreply 48June 28, 2020 3:57 PM

R23, I'm pretty sure R13 was being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 49June 28, 2020 4:07 PM

[Quote] even though no president would’ve done anything about it, except maybe give Putin a stern warning

Obama placed sanctions against Russia which Trump didn’t enact.

We could easily marginalize Russia because it makes up less than 2% of world GDP—which means its economy has no impact on the world whatsoever.

We put damaging sanctions on Iran; why not on Russia??

by Anonymousreply 50June 28, 2020 4:09 PM

R11, Trump is President of the United States. His duty and oath are to uphold our Constitution. He's not supposed to say, "Oh, well. We've attacked soldiers of other nations, so it's all even."

by Anonymousreply 51June 28, 2020 4:26 PM

LockHimUp!!!

by Anonymousreply 52June 28, 2020 4:31 PM

r31 r38 = Morons.

Why the fuck are you bumping threads that are current?

by Anonymousreply 53June 28, 2020 6:39 PM

I can hardly get my head around this, even after almost four years of this. Think about it...

The current POTUS is a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 54June 28, 2020 6:52 PM

[quote]He's out golfing with Miss Graham today.

I hope they have caddies, because Graham cannot find his own balls.

by Anonymousreply 55June 28, 2020 6:55 PM

[quote]yes we did. And so fucking what. It was in our interest,

And the U.S. wasn't pretending to be friends with the U.S.S.R. at the time. The Soviet premier didn't pretend the U.S. president was his pal.

by Anonymousreply 56June 28, 2020 6:57 PM

Amazing how whenever Trump says something, like Obama is a traitor, Trump then becomes that thing!

by Anonymousreply 57June 28, 2020 7:03 PM

I think it's interesting that Dump & Co. aren't really denying the story - he's line is "they never told me"...here's the part where any number of people leak to the media that they were in the room when Dump was being briefed about this.

by Anonymousreply 58June 28, 2020 7:10 PM

Military times.cm, reports that traitor trump talked to Taliban on March 3rd. I wonder what they discussed?

by Anonymousreply 59June 28, 2020 7:13 PM

Keep it trending.

by Anonymousreply 60June 28, 2020 7:27 PM

R13 was being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 61June 28, 2020 7:28 PM

I want to know who are the traitors in the U.S. intelligence community who are allowing Trump to do this. They need to be prosecuted as well.

by Anonymousreply 62June 28, 2020 7:36 PM

[quote] I want to know who are the traitors in the U.S. intelligence community who are allowing Trump to do this. They need to be prosecuted as well.

R62, it's not the intelligence community, it's his staff in the White House, his advisors, his Cabinet secretaries, and the Republican leadership.

His chief advisor is his son-in-law, who like the racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile, cares more about personal profit than the well-being and security of the US Armed Forces and US citizens.

They all need to run out of town on rails.

by Anonymousreply 63June 28, 2020 8:13 PM

The California Democrat, who is part of the so-called Gang of Eight that gets intelligence briefings, said she was not aware of the situation and has asked for a report to Congress: “Just as I have said to the president: With him, all roads lead to Putin,” Pelosi said, referring to Russian President Vladimir Putin. “I don't know what the Russians have on the president, politically, personally, or financially.”

by Anonymousreply 64June 28, 2020 8:17 PM

TRAITOR ad from VoteVets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 28, 2020 8:31 PM

I hope the nations military brass chop him up into mincemeat. If he’s not hauled up on treason charges, then fuck the nation. He needs to be arrested as he’s teeing off.

by Anonymousreply 66June 28, 2020 8:34 PM

I wouldn't count on that, R66. Apparently our intrepid military is scared to death of Trump and his Deplorables. Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in our military if they're afraid of a 5 time draft dodger and his raggedy ass band of militiamen.

by Anonymousreply 67June 28, 2020 8:45 PM

I pray Nancy Pelosi fucks up - wink wink - and refers to President Traitor - Trump - in one of her next press conferences.

At this point, what harm can it do?

by Anonymousreply 68June 28, 2020 8:52 PM

The thread bumper(s) are hard at work trying to bury threads like this one.

by Anonymousreply 69June 28, 2020 8:55 PM

Bump for freedom and democracy.

by Anonymousreply 70June 28, 2020 9:00 PM

I'm already seeing the right wing talking point of "well, he doesn't read them" as their excuse. Mark my words, that's all they will be saying over the next few days and weeks.

As if being completely incompetent, lazy, and inept at your job is any kind of an excuse. But I guess it's better than being a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 71June 28, 2020 9:03 PM

NYT is saying it was reported by commandos and CIA agents to their superiors back in January. The Dump apologists will say it Dump didn’t hear about it because of the Dems' treasonous impeachment vendetta against Dear Leader that was underway at the time.

by Anonymousreply 72June 28, 2020 9:12 PM

R63 When you warn Trump about the Russian evil and he does nothing and you remain silent, then you're just as guilty as he is. That's including his White House advisers and the outside experts.

by Anonymousreply 73June 28, 2020 9:12 PM

I’m sure he has learned his lesson this time.

by Anonymousreply 74June 28, 2020 9:15 PM

Ha ha remember when just admitting to slowing down testing during a pandemic so more democrats would die seemed bad? Those were the days, amiright?

by Anonymousreply 75June 28, 2020 9:18 PM

Bullshit they are r67. It’s the other way around. He’s a coward and a chickenshit and a draft dodger. Most of the Generals have already come out against him, and they don’t like fat losers in the military.

This is the end for fatty fatty orange by four.

by Anonymousreply 76June 28, 2020 9:36 PM

Link please, R76.

by Anonymousreply 77June 28, 2020 9:39 PM

R74 is apparently unconcerned.

by Anonymousreply 78June 28, 2020 9:42 PM

[quote]I'm already seeing the right wing talking point of "well, he doesn't read them" as their excuse.

That always works out well!

by Anonymousreply 79June 28, 2020 9:45 PM

😈 Of course he knew.

by Anonymousreply 80June 28, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote] This is the end for fatty fatty orange by four.

You’ve said that five billion times these past four years. Never happens. Watch him get re-elected. Americans love fascism.

by Anonymousreply 81June 28, 2020 9:51 PM

[quote] Russia's invasion of Afghanistan to filch oil and gas

The fuck? Afghanistan has very little exploitable oil (whereas Russia has plenty). Same with gas. You deplorables really are retarded.

Russia invade Afghanistan because the Afghan leader that the Russians wanted in power in Afghanistan was overthrown...pretty much by us. We wanted Afghanistan as a listening post for Iran & China, so we got rid of the Russian puppet & put in our own puppet. That was dangerous for the USSR. Afghanistan was a Soviet client state which gave the USSR their own listening posts for Iran & China, plus it helped buffer soviet borders in Central Asia. Iran was not a great friend of Russia. Iran had undergone its Muslim revolution & the USSR was atheist. Women in the Soviet stans were forbidden from wearing the chador and were given equal rights to men in the soviet constitution. Mosques were decommissioned just as churches were & became museums.

Iran did not approve & the USSR feared infiltration by Iranian agents who would cause fundamentalist trouble in the stans. Having control of Afghanistan gave the Soviets control over the afghan/Iran border & extended soviet central Asian presence all the way to the border of Pakistan, which was a US Cold War ally & thus a country that needed watching/listening.

Today, we are in Afghanistan for minerals and to have a presence in Central Asia, especially next to Iran.

by Anonymousreply 82June 28, 2020 9:55 PM

[quote]The shit has hit the fan on this. Even the Lincoln Project has already burned out a damning ad.

Lincoln Project normally avoids hyperbole in their tweets, the ads speak for themselves, after all. But they're now #TRE45ON truth tellers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 28, 2020 10:04 PM

He knew about this. OF COURSE he knew.

He didn't give a damn. He doesn't care. Hell, he probably gave Putin permission in exchange for more election help. This administration lies about everything. Everyone in the intelligence community appointed by Trump will also lie for him. He knew.

by Anonymousreply 84June 28, 2020 10:21 PM

Thank God The Lincoln Project is on our side, this time. If we had to depend on all-Democrats to create ads about this, it would be Fall before they'd air and they'd suck.

by Anonymousreply 85June 28, 2020 10:30 PM

VoteVets has posted an ad as well, but of course they’re preaching to the choir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 28, 2020 10:33 PM

According to a joint study by The Pentagon and the United States Geological Survey, Afghanistan has an estimated US$3 trillion[5] of untapped minerals.-Wikipedia

I suspect. Putin, Trump, XI are playing the board game Risk. All have a board set up and each week they move their armies around based on a roll of the dice. "HaHa Donald, I rolled a 3. Now you have to pull troops from Germany and I can move mine to the border with Poland". "No" "I call do-over, the dice hit the table".

These fuckers don't care about anything but money and power. Face it. You can rape hundreds of kids as long as your profitable and useful. Even Christians don't care about rape, lying, adultery, treason, murder. It's ok if you're a republican. You can, and I'm not thinking of anyone in particular, wear a pink petticoat and prance around with a dildo up your ass as long as you symbolically vote to repeal Obamacare 57 times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 28, 2020 11:24 PM

[quote]You can, and I'm not thinking of anyone in particular, wear a pink petticoat and prance around with a dildo up your ass as long as you symbolically vote to repeal Obamacare 57 times.

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET A CAMERA INTO MY LIVING ROOM?

by Anonymousreply 88June 28, 2020 11:29 PM

It will blow over, like everything he does. Nothing sticks.

You have to understand: the Deplorables aren't really voting for Trump- they're voting Republican. They want Pence/Pompeo as the Supreme Religious Leaders of a theocracy someday. Trump is just the Trojan horse to get them into office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 28, 2020 11:47 PM

[quote]Military times.cm, reports that traitor trump talked to Taliban on March 3rd. I wonder what they discussed?

Merchandising opportunities for Ivanka's clothing line in Kabul.

by Anonymousreply 90June 29, 2020 12:25 AM

This is how you take down a traitor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 29, 2020 2:54 AM

^Wow...

That even hurt my feelings...

by Anonymousreply 92June 29, 2020 4:15 AM

R91 Yes, that Winslow video is fantastic and spot on.

I, and everyone I know, has sent it to Trumps official twitter account.

My tweet was the video and two words: Cry Harder

by Anonymousreply 93June 29, 2020 4:43 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 94June 29, 2020 5:00 AM
by Anonymousreply 95June 29, 2020 5:01 AM

#TrumpTreason

by Anonymousreply 96June 29, 2020 5:20 AM

This would be a debilitating scandal for even the most popular president. Expect this to be huge on the news this week. America is super weak with the Republicans in power.

by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2020 5:25 AM

He’s going to resign and they are gonna to run Pence at the last minute. Betting that it’s already in the works.

by Anonymousreply 98June 29, 2020 5:30 AM

I think the republicans finally have something they can use to distance themselves. They’ve all been itching to lately, waiting for the right time.

by Anonymousreply 99June 29, 2020 5:32 AM

R98: I wish, but more likely they will lie, lie and lie some more and say Trump didn't know... Unless there is proof, we are still stuck with his traitorous ass a bit longer.

by Anonymousreply 100June 29, 2020 5:35 AM

This is going to leave a pit in the deplorables stomach.

by Anonymousreply 101June 29, 2020 5:36 AM

Those bitch ass Republicans are going to hold on tight with denials or crickets. Collins will be concerned... Romney will be disappointed...Hell, Susan Rice is already saying she don't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 102June 29, 2020 5:38 AM

Link?

by Anonymousreply 103June 29, 2020 5:39 AM

This is going to be a bombshell tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 104June 29, 2020 5:40 AM

Russian bounties resulted in deaths of U.S. troops, according to intelligence assessments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 29, 2020 5:43 AM

r103: Here you go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 29, 2020 5:50 AM

link where she claims that she doesn’t believe the intelligence?

by Anonymousreply 107June 29, 2020 5:53 AM

Susan rice doesn’t believe he didn’t know. Nobody does.

Nice try.

That’s why we do links here. Welcome to datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 108June 29, 2020 5:54 AM

nm - I think I misread it. She don't believe they didn't know. OK, cool!

by Anonymousreply 109June 29, 2020 5:54 AM

“The intelligence was passed up from the U.S. Special Operations forces based in Afghanistan and led to a restricted high-level White House meeting in late March, the people said.”

by Anonymousreply 110June 29, 2020 5:55 AM

“U.S. forces in Afghanistan suffered a total of 10 deaths from hostile gunfire or improvised bombs in 2018, and 16 in 2019“

by Anonymousreply 111June 29, 2020 5:56 AM

Putin will dare Republicans do something. He has too much on them.

by Anonymousreply 112June 29, 2020 6:25 AM

Imagine covering up your treason with racism.

by Anonymousreply 113June 29, 2020 6:46 AM

Logically, I believe that turnabout is fair play. We fucked with Russia and the USSR, so they're giving with us.

That doesn't mean we have to laugh and say ”You got us!” If Russia was hurt by us, shame on them. Shame on us right now, and shame on the traitor in the WH for turning a blind eye.

by Anonymousreply 114June 29, 2020 8:06 AM

BENGHAZI!

by Anonymousreply 115June 29, 2020 10:51 AM

[quote]This is going to leave a pit in the deplorables stomach.

Their stomachs are big enough to handle it.

by Anonymousreply 116June 29, 2020 10:53 AM

R106, Rice was reacting to the denials of the White House press secretary. They said Trump was not brief , never knew about it. And Susan Rice, like the rest of us does not believe Trump didn't know. In other words, Susan Rice believes Trump KNEW. Please try to read with understanding. Or see if a grown up can explain things to you before you start spreading false information. ...Is English your second language? Do you close friends call you Boris?

by Anonymousreply 117June 29, 2020 11:06 AM

"This is going to leave a pit in the deplorables stomach."

Such horseshit. The only thing deplorables are worried about is maintaining the status quo with them being on top of the heap.

They've been hiding their racism, xenophobia and homophobia behind their fake patriotism and their fake religious piety for years. That very thin veneer is slowly being peeled off. .

by Anonymousreply 118June 29, 2020 11:49 AM

they love the military though, it's hard to justify killing them

by Anonymousreply 119June 29, 2020 12:08 PM
by Anonymousreply 120June 29, 2020 4:24 PM

I really think we need to hold further Senate hearings on Hillary's emails. That is really what Americans care about.

by Anonymousreply 121June 29, 2020 4:57 PM

Nancy is on it.

by Anonymousreply 122June 29, 2020 5:24 PM

So there's going to be a "briefing" at the WH this afternoon, on the Russian Bounty Hunters, and Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer aren't invited. Let's all pray that this is that meeting where the GOP leadership tells Trump to pack his shit and announce his resignation.

I know it's more likely that it's a PR strategy session. They'll spend most of their time attacking the Fake News lies in the media and the lack of credibility behind the intelligence.

Although the truth may be that neither Barr, who is in charge of vetting the Intel PDBs, and Pompeo, who still has his tentacles inside the CIA, and works closely with the Defense Department, never told Trump.

But I'm guessing they did tell him, and they even presented him with options...which he decided to ignore by putting it off...while he promoted Putin for G7.

by Anonymousreply 123June 29, 2020 5:36 PM

This is serious. The Karen meme is played out and it’s time to get real about 2020.

Nobody will be talking about race when there’s breadlines for Main Street and bailouts for Wall Street.

Again.

by Anonymousreply 124June 29, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote]They'll spend most of their time attacking the Fake News lies in the media and the lack of credibility behind the intelligence.

If the past is any indication, they will spend most of their time telling Trump what a wonderful job he is doing and how lucky we are to have him as president.

by Anonymousreply 125June 29, 2020 5:40 PM

Tom Cotton and Gym Jordan are only going there to give Trump his daily ass kissing and tonguing, R123. Then Miss Lindsey will show up so Trump can shit in her mouth, which she loves more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 126June 29, 2020 5:41 PM

Will Pigeon-Head be there?

by Anonymousreply 127June 29, 2020 6:04 PM

Deplorables don’t care about the military. They are and always have been fake patriotism and fake love of the military. It’s well known. They hide behind it as cover for doing terrible shit because how would such Patriots be for or allow x, y, z. Oldest trick in the book. And it implies we are the opposite. Some rubes fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 128June 29, 2020 6:15 PM

I saw/heard these headlines yesterday, but haven’t read stories yet. If true, and he knew about it...I’m officially out of words to describe this horror of a human being.

by Anonymousreply 129June 29, 2020 6:54 PM

Oh it’s true. They are in peak lying mode today. It’s been said that even if this was not corroborated by Intel that he and Pence would still be told nonetheless. They are supreme liars and traitors to our country. He’ll just say that he was distracted by the hoax that is the coronavirus. Because we know he can’t do two things at one time.

by Anonymousreply 130June 29, 2020 6:58 PM

But... um... uh... winning? Uh, birth certificate? Oh wait! I know! I know! [italic]Her emails![/italic]

Hello? Anyone there?

by Anonymousreply 131June 29, 2020 7:09 PM

But but I don’t trust her.

I don’t care about experience.

What do you have to lose?- djt

by Anonymousreply 132June 29, 2020 7:26 PM

Pence will thank Dump for his leadership, then Lindsey Graham will thank Dump for his tremendous leadership and after 5 more people thanking Dump for his leadership, Gym Jordan will thank Dump for his leadership and being so tough with Putin. Did I mention Dump is an amazing leader and everyone must thank him for his leadership?

by Anonymousreply 133June 29, 2020 7:33 PM

They will spend the meeting deciding the most important thing for the nation right now is to find out who leaked this information to the press.

by Anonymousreply 134June 29, 2020 7:49 PM

Mr. KellyAnne Conway:

This Russian-bounty story is as huge a presidential scandal as there can be. It’s an order of magnitude more outrageous than what he got impeached for, even though the Ukraine scandal was plainly criminal from the beginning. And it’s clearly not going away.

by Anonymousreply 135June 29, 2020 7:51 PM

Nancy is demanding a meeting for the House.

by Anonymousreply 136June 29, 2020 8:02 PM

Go, Nancy! Bust his tiny balls! Kick him in his three inch, third grader sized dick! FUCK HIM UP!

by Anonymousreply 137June 29, 2020 8:04 PM

[quote]I think the republicans finally have something they can use to distance themselves. They’ve all been itching to lately, waiting for the right time.

Really? Did you not notice that he was golfing with the Senatrice -- who is a VETERAN -- over the weekend? No one has any ethics, morals, or sense of shame anymore.

by Anonymousreply 138June 29, 2020 8:13 PM

They can’t get rid of him because the base will never allow it. They hate normal Republicans now. They want candidates like him. This is not going to get better. They won’t vote for anyone else they put on the ticket if it isn’t him. They may be looking at a landslide loss Now but they would be looking at an absolute catastrophe if he is removed or even a hint that he was removed from the ticket even if he says he wanted to resign. Trust me I know some deplorable‘s and if he’s out on the ticket they’re not voting for Republicans in November.

by Anonymousreply 139June 29, 2020 8:22 PM

The deplorables are excusing it by saying " so what? We do it too and every soldier who signs up knows there's a bounty on their heads". Saw several post it today.

by Anonymousreply 140June 29, 2020 8:23 PM

R140 They don’t care about soldiers. They never have.

by Anonymousreply 141June 29, 2020 8:26 PM

[quote]Trust me I know some deplorable‘s

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 142June 29, 2020 9:35 PM

JFC, I am so mad about this I want to rip his throat out and shit down the hole left!

Goddamned TRAITOR who was a fucking coward he claimed "bone spurs" so he didn't have to serve is now allowing Goddamned chinless, dickless motherfucking Putin to kill our soldiers, sailors and Marines?

Good god, he really does need to be hanged for treason. Straight up.

You better believe I called the sniveling, cowering Portman and asked him if his "pro life" stupidity applies to our military because he has said and done NOTHING to rebuke this traitor.

God damn them all!

by Anonymousreply 143June 29, 2020 11:40 PM

Former FBI Special Agent Asha Rangappa:

Folks, we are about to experience the mother of all gaslights in response to the Putin bounties.

My wager: Bill Barr is going to launch an "investigation" into the "leaker" who gave the story to the NY Times which is also going to somehow become magically connected to Obamagate

by Anonymousreply 144June 30, 2020 12:00 AM

AP says WH knew in Early 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 30, 2020 2:59 AM

Bolton briefed Trump on Russia Bounties in March 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 30, 2020 3:04 AM

The White House knew back in 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 30, 2020 3:05 AM

Ok John `Bolton, I won’t insult you any more, that confirmation you told Dump last hear about the bounties is a bombshell

by Anonymousreply 148June 30, 2020 3:11 AM

Bolton could have done more. He talks about how the House blew the Impeachment by narrowing their focus, but I am certain, if they had know abut this they would have added it.

This tells me one thing. The Democrats MUST Take the Senate no matter what. We will need 67 votes to impeach. Yes. because if that despicable slug steals this election I want his ass gone by March 1st. We need a fucking firewall. No Republican is fit to hold a public office. None. How the fuck can any of them stand there and defend him? This is indefensible. He briefed them and told them what to say at their meeting. But it was all a lie. And they bought it. Now they look like the craven corrupt vile little vermin they are. because he lied to them too. I wonder if, tomorrow morning, any of those little rats go on TV and say, we went to the WH for a briefing and he lied to us?

by Anonymousreply 149June 30, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote]This tells me one thing. The Democrats MUST Take the Senate no matter what. We will need 67 votes to impeach.

Stop saying this. The Senate DOES NOT IMPEACH.

by Anonymousreply 150June 30, 2020 4:07 AM

The Senate doesn't even have the balls to get people to testify or honor subpoenas and people still think they will impeach Barr or Kavanaugh. Barr will testify before the Judiciary committee at the end of July. Nadler couldn't even force Barr to show up sooner after he fired the prosecutor and only threatened to cut funding for the DOJ. No one will care a month from now and nothing will happen.

by Anonymousreply 151June 30, 2020 5:13 AM

The Plot Against America

by Anonymousreply 152June 30, 2020 1:01 PM

R89, No, YOU have to understand. The Deplorables believe that Trump is literally the Chosen One of God; they hear this preached weekly. They believe he is here to destroy the heathen pedophiliac Democrats. They cheer, hoot, and vote FOR HIM.

You are speaking of people like Pence, who, yes, see Trump as a means to a jurisprudence and theocratic end. These types scorn the ignorant and gullible Deplorables as much as anyone.

by Anonymousreply 153June 30, 2020 3:25 PM

Donald J. Trump Retweeted

Marco Rubio @marcorubio

Ironically many of those now politicizing the recent report in the NYT questioned,disputed &/or downplayed indisputable proof that #Soleimani had a long track record of targeting & killing American troops. They pick & choose what to believe based on partisan politics.

by Anonymousreply 154June 30, 2020 9:46 PM

I forgot about Soleimani. How time flies and crimes mount up!

by Anonymousreply 155June 30, 2020 10:18 PM

Uh, Marco is choosing what he wants to believe based on partisan politics

by Anonymousreply 156June 30, 2020 10:32 PM

Republicans are Unbelievable in their defense, in their ability to change the subject or deflect from something this serious. How did they do it? They always make it seem like there’s more to the story or somethings not true or something’s ambiguous. Just unbelievable. They’ll be successful in getting this story off his back. Traitors. Putin has the entire GOP except maybe Romney.

by Anonymousreply 157June 30, 2020 11:40 PM

So I was talking to my younger sister tonight. She's 42. We all hate Trump in my family. I told her the internet is blowing up about the Russian Bounty scandal. She said, " so what? I'm tired of all this! No one ever does anything about it. I'm focusing on how we vote and protecting our votes and getting people registered to vote and getting out the vote. He's a monster. It's just one more example of how awful he is." I was dismissed. So if my anecdotal experience is any indication, the sense of outrage hasn't trickled down to regular people. I was surprised. Because to me, all the corrupt racist outrageous stuff he has done pales in comparison to this, which I consider a betrayal. This is not just graft or profiteering. This is betrayal of his country at war. But aoparently a lot of people have become desensitized and they are exhausted and just want him gone.

by Anonymousreply 158July 1, 2020 1:21 AM

The active military, veterans and their loved ones ought to be livid, R158. I'm sure many are. It sounds like your sister is furious, too, but is using her energy and rage productively instead of [just] talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 159July 1, 2020 2:00 AM

OP

Once again, the New York Times has taken you for a ride. The “intelligence” that claimed that Russia was offering bounties was dismissed by seeing your intelligence analysts as noise.

It never made it into his daily briefing.

Everyone involved has denied the story, including the fucking Taliban.

Why do people still pay attention to the New York Times when they can’t even seem to corroborate their own stories?

by Anonymousreply 160July 1, 2020 2:00 AM

Seeing your- SENIOR

by Anonymousreply 161July 1, 2020 2:01 AM

R160, are you for real? The only people who dismissed the reports were biased Republicans. You must believe everything Fox News tells you.

by Anonymousreply 162July 1, 2020 2:02 AM

R143

Shit like that will get you a visit from the Secret Service. Try to keep it within the legal boundaries.

Of course, since you are so stupid, maybe a few decades in jail for threatening to kill the president might do you some good.

by Anonymousreply 163July 1, 2020 2:03 AM

Don't waste your time r162. Ignore or block and ignore as I do. We have bigger fish to fry.

by Anonymousreply 164July 1, 2020 2:07 AM

Agree

by Anonymousreply 165July 1, 2020 2:14 AM

BLUNT!

HONEST!

WET!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 1, 2020 2:27 AM

Yes, block r160, who’s the king of dummies today as he clearly didn’t see the NYT today with their story that included ACTUAL RECEIPTS—like RECEIPTS FOR PAYMENT, not just “RECEIPTS.”.

by Anonymousreply 167July 1, 2020 2:28 AM

What pissies me off is that when the story first broke even the dumbest of Republicans in Congress cringed. It was bad. They knew it. It disgusted them. They probably got knots in their stomachs thinking of this as the ultimate fuck up. But then, they go to the WHite House. And they get the Spin. They get the version of events and the script they are to use to calm things down. So they leave, and like robots they spout off the party line, even as it is proven false. All the buullshit they were fed at the White House is disputed and proven false within hours. But they keep right on saying the script they were given. They are so completely lacking in anything resembling a conscious or a sense of morality, they just want to put on a pubic face and keep promoting the lies. How they can live like this I don't know. But none of them belong in public office. It is sickening. It disgusts me to watch this unfold. I have to believe that the majority of American people feel as much revulsion as we do.

by Anonymousreply 168July 1, 2020 2:31 AM

I'm guessing a lot of them are up to their eyeballs in Russian money just like Trump, r168.

by Anonymousreply 169July 1, 2020 4:34 AM

R169 It's not only about Russian or Koch money. Or NRA, or lobbyists, or other dark PAC money. Sometimes it's as simple as reward and punishment. McConnell is a tough guy. He can fuck a senator up in a heartbeat. The Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority Leader have all kinds of perks, connections and goodies to give away. If you get on their bad side they will make it very difficult for you to function and in a few cases you will be treated like a pariah by your own colleagues. Leadership discourages independence. The Republicans have always been more disciplined and "unified" because the leadership uses a whip hand to wrangle the members.

by Anonymousreply 170July 1, 2020 10:35 AM

Here are 3 soldiers who were killed and bounties were paid by Putin. One is from Delaware, one from York, PA, one from Long Island.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 1, 2020 11:26 AM

Correction, they were based in Long Island, Christopher Slutman is from Harrisburg, PA.

by Anonymousreply 172July 1, 2020 11:28 AM

[quote]bounties were paid by Putin

I do not see that referenced in the linked article r171.

Could you help me out.

by Anonymousreply 173July 1, 2020 11:30 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but a week from now, this thing will be long forgotten. Trump and Barr prove once again they're the smartest people in the world.

by Anonymousreply 174July 1, 2020 11:58 AM

[QUOTE] Everyone involved has denied the story, including the fucking Taliban.

of course they’re going to deny it. What are they supposed to do? Guffaw a little, slap their knee, and say “well, ya got me. Haha.”

by Anonymousreply 175July 1, 2020 11:59 AM

Who gives a shit what the Taliban is saying, unless they're giving terms of surrender? No one but a Dump supporter would take the Taliban's word (or Putin's or Kin Jong Un's) over that of our Intelligence Community. You people are sickening.

by Anonymousreply 176July 1, 2020 1:59 PM

[quote]Trump and Barr prove once again they're the smartest people in the world.

I was going to F&F you, but I will just laugh at you instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 1, 2020 2:03 PM

Does anyone remember that Barr fired US Attorney Berman two weeks ago and only agreed to appear before congress more than a month later? A new scandal every fucking week. Will anyone still care about this at the end of July?

by Anonymousreply 178July 1, 2020 2:27 PM

One of the fathers of the dead said something along the lines of “well, if this is true I might lose confidence in the administration.”

Seriously.

The Trump cult is large & 99% immobile. You have to prove to them that their own sons were killed as a result of having a lazy, inept, publicity-hungry, attention-seeking, golf-playing, porn-star fucking, pussy grabbing, pathological liar president who has refused to protect American lives during a pandemic.

This is just another weekly scandal, even to the families of dead people. “Well yes, they said at the hospital my uncle died of cojones virus, but we can’t trust them. He mighta had the flu, or a new-moanie-ya.”

by Anonymousreply 179July 1, 2020 3:22 PM

Go ahead and laugh your fucking ass off, R177, because next week at this time, Trump, Barr and Pompeo will be laughing their asses off at you as they "manage" yet another scandal into oblivion.

Their is no magic cure for Trump. The only way Trump is leaving is if he loses the election, and even that is very iffy at this point. You'd think you'd get that through your thick skull after 3 1/2 years of this same old shit.

I'm sorry that doesn't jibe with your version of reality.

by Anonymousreply 180July 1, 2020 3:32 PM

So how many people are now dead as a result of President Plump's actions?

128,000+ dead from Covid-19 (yes, he's not responsible for all of those deaths, but his lack of action has resulted in many deaths)

Dead U.S. service men and women from bounties placed on them by Putin (Trump knew and did nothing)

He assassinated Solemanei on a whim (unnecessary, and it resulted in them shooting down an airplane)

Did nothing about the dismemberment of Jamal Kashoggi (and we still don't know if Jared leaked intel to his buddy Saudi prince MBS)

Screwed over the Kurds by randomly pulling troops out of Syria (also handing another win to Putin). I'm sure many died as a result.

Immigrant children in cages (we don't know how many of these have died or where there are being held/sent)

These are just examples off the top of my head, there are probably more.

This fucker and all of his complicit traitor friends need to be held accountable. They have blood on their hands. Trump Crimes Commission along the lines of the Nuremburg Trials is what we will need starting in January 2021.

by Anonymousreply 181July 1, 2020 4:46 PM

Goddamn the GOP traitors for covering for this shitstain!

Roasting in a grease fire in hell for eternity is too good for them.

Three US Marines!

Goddamn those that disgusting traitor!

by Anonymousreply 182July 1, 2020 5:38 PM

R181, All the pro-Biden Republicans right now, with members of the Dubya Administration rumored to be joining them soon, pretty much guarantee that Joe, once in office, will be his usual "reach across the aisle" "let's move on" self.

There will be no Commissions, no investigations, no punishments, other than the "We don't know him" kind.

In any case, it will be then revealed that Trump is beyond remembering anything.

by Anonymousreply 183July 2, 2020 4:52 AM

R183 Wrong. He will run on that but even the Republicans joining him want accountability. It’s the reason they are behind him. The want jail time for this corruption.

by Anonymousreply 184July 2, 2020 5:07 AM

Let's hope so, R184. We can't keep letting the standards slide. We need accountability for crimes at high levels (financial, too).

by Anonymousreply 185July 2, 2020 12:16 PM

Well I do think this time is different. I do think that Biden and a Democratic Congress will work together to put some regulations, some laws, etc. in place to prevent the horrible abuses of power we have witnessed. The only way to prevent this from happening is to take measures to make sure it can't happen again. Yes, the Senate failed to do their duty. But it's more than that. So we have to reform our laws to make sure of that. And I think people like JAred and some of the others will get charged with crimes. But Trump personally won't. he should. But he won't. What will happen is investigative hearings to expose the filth that was going on through that entire corrupt administration. Trump will be a pariah.

by Anonymousreply 186July 2, 2020 1:54 PM

Accountability will only happen if Dems take the Senate and keep the House.

by Anonymousreply 187July 2, 2020 2:13 PM

I wonder how long it will take to get rid of all these corrupt political appointees that are currently occupying almost all federal agencies. How long will it take to rehire all the good public servants this current adminatration ousted and replaced with Dump sycophants. How long will it take to undo the damage this idiot has done to all agencies and reastablish the pandemic response team for example. How long will it take to undo all the damage this dictator has done to environmental laws and regulations, the justice systems etc. I'm glad Biden is the Democratic candidate since he, Obama and his former staff know how to run the agencies/departments in a responsible way and bring the country back on track. I hope they fire every former Dump employee on day one and still have a list of good people to replace them with immediately. It's sad that Biden will probably spend most of his first term (or presidency) to undo the damage this idiot has done to this country.

by Anonymousreply 188July 2, 2020 2:35 PM

[quote]But... um... uh... winning? Uh, birth certificate? Oh wait! I know! I know! Her emails!

[quote]But but I don’t trust her.

[quote]I don’t care about experience.

[quote]What do you have to lose?- djt

These should be part of the next Lincoln Project ad. They probably would never go so far as to exalt Hillary, but it would be a kick in the nuts.

Perhaps Bloomberg.

Bloomberg?

Has anybody seen Bloomberg??!

by Anonymousreply 189July 2, 2020 2:41 PM

Slutman (I agree with the poster above - too soon) was not only a soldier at home, but a volunteer fireman, and before that, a firman when he lived in NY.

His father’s words might make this shit real for those who sit on the fence - to realize that they could have been spared this agonizing knock at the door if Trump hadn’t been colluding with Putin.

[quote]Chris Slutman’s parents learned of their son’s death from the Marine Corps on Monday night. His father, Fletcher Slutman, said, “When I turned the porch light on and opened the door, and I saw in uniform, I said, ‘This is not good.’ He said, ‘Can we come in?’ I said, ‘Yes,’ came and sat at the table. He said, ‘Do you want to get your wife?’ And I really didn’t want to until I learned more. I shook my head no and he shook his head yes. So, I called my wife in and then we went through everything and he explained everything.”

by Anonymousreply 190July 2, 2020 2:48 PM

*fireman when he lived in NY.

by Anonymousreply 191July 2, 2020 2:49 PM

This is going to be another case of a a Dem cleaning up after a Republican mess. Lather, rinse, repeat. I know progressives are frustrated about the lack of progress under some Democratic administrations. But they’ve had no chance to get anything done because both Clinton and Obama only had two years of total democratic control. The last president who really had total democratic control and wasn’t cleaning up a republican mess was Lyndon B Johnson. And look at all he accomplished.

I am afraid because Biden will have to clean up so much of this mess progressives will get frustrated with him and bitch and moan and will have another blowout loss in the midterms of 2022 and then possibly lose the 2024 election with even another candidate because Biden is not likely to run again. And we’re going to hear the same complaints from the Susan Sarandon wing. We really need to understand that it’s all about judges judges judges. Without judges we could lose any progressive policy that is passed because it will be struck down by these radical conservative judges that are being put on the benches.

by Anonymousreply 192July 2, 2020 2:51 PM

[quote]The deplorables are excusing it by saying " so what? We do it too and every soldier who signs up knows there's a bounty on their heads". Saw several post it today.

Those are most likely bots, trying to hook low-intelligence deplorables. They will convince many.

Again.

by Anonymousreply 193July 2, 2020 2:52 PM

Das vadanya, Donnie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 2, 2020 9:45 PM

Is Putin also paying trolls to bury the lead on Datalounge with bullshit posts about death threats to "All Lives Matter," Tucker Carlson for President and cancelling the Mikado?

by Anonymousreply 195July 2, 2020 11:58 PM

There are ALREADY FYCKING LAWS AGAINST THIS CORRUPTION!

It's a goddamned LAW ON THE FUCKING BOOKS ALREADY that the orange shitstain has to turn over his taxes to Maxine. Full stop. And yet here we sit, waiting for the corrupt SCOTUS to rule on an existing LAW.

Fuck this. Heads on pikes. No quarter. Barr and turtle to the front of the guillotine line. Make sure the blade is dull and rusty.

Hold every last goddamned rethug accountable.

by Anonymousreply 196July 3, 2020 12:02 AM

Tara Dublin Should Be A Lot More Famous By Now@taradublinrocks·NOW

If you’re not watching @TheLastWord you just missed @SteveSchmidtSES own #TraitorTrump harder than anyone over #BountyGate & @Lawrence struggle with emotion as he spoke to the loss of his cousin in Vietnam. Absolutely powerful TV #TrumpKnewAndDidNothing

by Anonymousreply 197July 3, 2020 2:34 AM

Check out Steve Schmidt crucifying Trump on Lawrence tonight...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 3, 2020 6:08 AM

And yet rethug senators still cower and refuse to speak up against this shit.

Fuck these sniveling cowards!

by Anonymousreply 199July 3, 2020 6:43 AM

Well, my beautiful young cousin died in Vietnam. He was 21, the pride of his immigrant family. Steve Schmidt just made me cry. He's right. This is the ultimate betrayal. This is despicable. If I were the marine waiting at Trump's helicopter on the White House lawn they'd have to give me a different assignment because 'someone' would definitely get hurt.

by Anonymousreply 200July 3, 2020 12:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 3, 2020 2:28 PM

Jesusgoddamnmotherfuckingchrist, there's not going to be an election. That's why he doesn't have a plan or a clue.

He will not hold an election he can't win. He will not resign. What would Putin do? What is Putin telling him to do? Use the pandemic as an excuse, exert every executive power you can imagine, use the hundreds of millions you stole from the stimulus to buy off the correct people in 50 states. He has already bought 200 federal judges and a supreme court seat.

Why would he NOT do this? His whole family could go to prison by following the law.

His followers believe everything he says. If he says the election is cancelled, it is cancelled. Barr is preparing the 100 executive orders right now. This is 2000, 2012 all over again. We are screwed. Republicans control 29 vs 19 states for Dems

Oh, and BTW, it's official, I can't get pregnant!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202July 3, 2020 5:06 PM

R202 We would burn down every city if that happens. The rioting would be like nothing ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 203July 3, 2020 6:35 PM

[quote]He will not hold an election he can't win.

"He" has no say in the matter, short of declaring martial law. Elections are controlled by the states, not the Feds.

by Anonymousreply 204July 3, 2020 6:54 PM

R203, they are hoping for riots. They have all that military gear and they want the chance to use it.

by Anonymousreply 205July 4, 2020 12:47 PM

R202, which is exactly what they want.

R204-REPUBLICAN STATES! 29 to 19 advantage.

Just the words "I'm cancelling the election" , are enough to throw the country into chaos. "He" says it and "They" follow. If he says "no collusion" ,he believes it, he says "hoax" they believe it, if he say's hydoquinine is a cure, and masks are an evil plot, they believe it. He says he didn't hear "white power", they believe it.

He lies 20,000 times and they believe him.

They have the motive, opportunity and resources and ideology. What am I missing? "The states", "The constitution".

We have a pandemic, economic collapse, civil unrest, all we need is a hurricane or a Reichstag fire for him have all the justification he needs to AT LEAST make a play for it and watch chaos ensue. Even if he fails, he'll be able to create enough of a distraction for him and his family to escape out the back door.

His dog whistles have turned into MAGAphones. The day before the George FLoyd protests began, he retweeted a cowboys for trump video and the first words said were, "THe only good democrat is a dead democrat". Do you think he meant that as a joke? Do you think his followers think that was a joke? A 24 hour nothing story. What do you suppose the other members of "Cowboys for Trump" are thinking he meant?

NO GOP responded to it. We heard, "Didn't see it", hadn't heard it. Evil motherfuckers, all.

The Halloween Riots of 2020 will be the nail in the coffin for American Democracy.

by Anonymousreply 206July 4, 2020 2:58 PM

But the crises of the recent months have eroded Trump's support, not increased it. His position and credibility is worse than it was in January.

by Anonymousreply 207July 4, 2020 4:34 PM

That fat traitor can say or do anything he wants. The individual secretaries of state control the voting process.

Even in fucking red hell Ohio the secretary of state has been lobbying for mail in voting. Get it? The STATES CONTROL THE ELECTION. Not this orange slob.

If that shitstain demands states don't hold elections, he will be ignored. Even some red states will ignore his stupid ass. Just like states are ignoring his "it's all a hoax virus"lies.

The lickspittle trumptard states like Texas will jump off a cliff and may refuse to let people vote but that's all idiot Abbot can do.

If he or any other rethug state thinks they are going to stop people from voting, they're in for a fucking RUDE AWAKENING.

Do you think these counties and municipalities with issues on the ballot are just going to roll over? FUCK NO.

The states also have ISSUES IN THE BALLOTS THAT MUST BE VOTED ON ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN STATE CONSTITUTIONS!!

No vote, no money. Get it? Even the teatards will be up in arms over it.

by Anonymousreply 208July 4, 2020 7:14 PM

He needs to resign in disgrace and disappear never to be seen or heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 209July 4, 2020 7:53 PM

To what end would Trump postpone the election? Unless he declares himself dictator for life, he has to step down at some point -- and once he does, he (and Barr and everyone who helped enable this coup) will be arrested and tried for crimes against the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 210July 4, 2020 7:55 PM

White supremacists have infiltrated local police departments. Local police departments have militarized. We also have Proud Boys, Boogaloo Boys, and Storm Front. Then let's not forget Erik Prince and his private mercenary army. I'd say the balance is in their favor if we choose armed confrontation. They will do anything they can to provoke violence. We have to be smarter. I get it. Trump will try anything toi stay in office. He doesn't care about the Law or COnstitution or the rules. He is going to try to pull a fast one. Once we know what he can try, we need to get smart about how to stop him before he does it. Because laying defense is a lot harder. If you know for example there could be avolent event on Halloween, why wait for it. Letrs think strategically.

by Anonymousreply 211July 4, 2020 8:16 PM

R211 the hell they have the advantage. Bullshit. They’ll find out fast plenty of those on the left have guns and there’s more of us.

by Anonymousreply 212July 4, 2020 8:28 PM

The media MUST keep this Russian bounty story, and Trump's neligance, on the front burner; not just social protests and COVID yappers.

Democrats need to hold immediate hearings and investigations; and go ballistic if they are not receiving cooperation and answers. If they don't, Putin and Trump get away with yet another horrible act.

by Anonymousreply 213July 4, 2020 8:45 PM

R212 you're suicidal. I'm not. What I am saying is that when you know where they are heading, you know what their plan is, why wait for them to work off their time table. Why play defense. That is all we ever do. We RE ACT to them. Instead we need to force them to react to us and our time table. We Dems and Indies just don't think strategically. And saying well we have guns too is just dumb. YOu're allowing them to chose the field of play and the weapons. No. I am not expendable to such ends. We need to be tough, smart, and relentless and not petulant knee jerks.

by Anonymousreply 214July 5, 2020 1:06 AM

r208. Did you read the Newsweek article? Susan Rice, re-tweeted it to Pelosi and Schumer along with her warning. She's not alone. Listen to what smarter, experienced people are saying.

Even if this is NOT happening, we need to prepare as if it IS happening. Civil unrest and rioting are key to their plan.

by Anonymousreply 215July 5, 2020 2:14 PM

The military has turned on Dump. They won’t support him if he refuses an election. He put bounties on their heads. They’re not big on that.

The second the military told him to fuck off when he told them to fire on protesters and condemned his stupid photo op, I knew he was smoked.

If the Deploracunts are looking to start Civil War 2, they’re going to get put into the ground once and for all. This whole bullshit of “they’re armed” is just that. So the fuck what they’re armed. Let’s see them win against a drone strike. Fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 216July 6, 2020 11:17 PM

If you can't see what's happening right before our eyes you're duller than a post. This is Trump's election strategy: The Right, Trump's campaign aided and abetted by all the wackdoodles like Storm Front, Proud Boys, the modern KKK, the Boogaloos, etc. are out here agitating and provoking the protests. The so-called Far Left are helping them. Russia is behind all of this, using social media and fake accounts to incite and give the young protesters the impression these are organized events. The newest development being that Black protesters are now showing up heavily armed too in the past few weeks. Trump at the very least wants to scare white people and make sure he gets the response from them that Nixon/Agnew got in 1968 with people being upset scared and angry about all the unrest. Except since he is actively out here preaching his racist message, I'm betting this will backfire. Because he is the one who'll be blamed.

by Anonymousreply 217July 7, 2020 12:48 AM

Chris Hayes:

130,000 dead Americans and thousands more to come, a once in a century economic catastrophe, widespread and growing recognition of the realities of racist power structures, and they really think they're gonna turn this into The Statue Election™.

by Anonymousreply 218July 7, 2020 12:56 AM

[quote]We would burn down every city if that happens. The rioting would be like nothing ever seen.

And then, R203, Putin's objective would have been accomplished beyond his own wildest dreams. The US would never recover.

The Executive Branch would target key people for arrest/killing; they've been compiling lists of enemies all through Trump's presidency. There would be sufficient deplorables among law enforcement and the military to destabilize both. Hell, it's even possible that we'd see an actual 'Red Dawn' (1984) scenario, where Russian military troops would deploy here in the US in order to render aid to an 'administration under attack', to quell civil unrest - and Trump would welcome such assistance. I seem to recall that, in 2018, Trump defunded and ended the early warning system watching our borders and airspace for any signs of foreign invasion, which is when I began to suspect something like 'Red Dawn' might be in the works. I hope I'm wrong.

[quote]"He" has no say in the matter, short of declaring martial law.

R204, you say that like you think it's the most improbable thing ever.

[quote]To what end would Trump postpone the election? Unless he declares himself dictator for life, he has to step down at some point

R210, he's been talking about becoming 'President for Life' since he was only a candidate, and many times subsequently. He's always had that in view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 7, 2020 2:01 PM

He can be president for life if he dies tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 220July 7, 2020 10:14 PM

R220, that is an excellent point! In fact if he were to die anytime between now and noon on January 20, 2021, he'd have been President for life.

by Anonymousreply 221July 7, 2020 10:24 PM

Barr, Flynn, & Erik Prince need monitoring.

by Anonymousreply 222July 7, 2020 10:51 PM

Of the ankle variety r222.

by Anonymousreply 223July 7, 2020 11:17 PM

The DeVos family is so dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 224July 7, 2020 11:28 PM

R224, I agree. People think Betsy is just an extreme Conservative Ditz, but they're dangerous. And it's that family and the Prince family . Betsy's husband and the Amway gang have been evil for a ling time. Richard De Vos, the Patriarch died a couple years ago. Betsy is married to his son.

by Anonymousreply 225July 8, 2020 1:27 PM

Keep this in mind bump.

by Anonymousreply 226July 9, 2020 5:19 PM

Bump for the right-wing troll so I can "Be Social Justice Warrior in the workplace."

by Anonymousreply 227July 9, 2020 7:26 PM

Assassinating U.S. soldiers is a feature, not a bug!

by Anonymousreply 228July 22, 2020 3:54 PM

I know that a ton and a half of other shit has gone down in the past two weeks and it's hard to keep up, but why the F isn't this being mentioned every single day on the news, and mentioned by every Dem politician whenever they are interviewed! This is absolute dereliction of duty by a C in C, and if the Repugs had it to use against a Dem president, we would never hear the end of it -- they're still screaming about Benghazi, fer crissakes.

by Anonymousreply 229July 22, 2020 4:08 PM

R229, I haven't forgotten.

I've been calling that worthless puke Portman every day and reminding him there are bounties on the heads of our soldiers while he does nothing but hide.

Fuck that useless coward.

by Anonymousreply 230July 23, 2020 12:11 AM

Deplorables are traitors to America, truth, justice and the American way.

by Anonymousreply 231July 23, 2020 2:41 AM

If only we could go back in time and tell everyone in 2015!

by Anonymousreply 232July 31, 2020 5:05 PM

Is it 2015 yet?

by Anonymousreply 233July 31, 2020 7:40 PM

r225 there's a man on Twitter (can't remember his name) who did a multiple day thread on how stupid and corrupt Erik Prince is and how he's a failure at everything, much like Trump. The Twitter-er was an ex-employee of Prince and said in his last few tweets that he's about to start doing the media rounds. I can't remember his name at all, but it was a great thread. He made Prince look like a stupid little bitch boy.

by Anonymousreply 234July 31, 2020 9:12 PM

Cough it up, R234

I want to read those tweets!

by Anonymousreply 235July 31, 2020 9:44 PM

Erik Prince is not to be underestimated. In his particular line of work he knows his shit. I have a book for you to read. It's called "Blackwater." Prince is a scary militrist. He has a private mercenary army and he has contracts with the federal gov't to send his people to Afghanistan, to places in Africa, to the Middle East, to South America, and to Southeast Asia. They go and they do what would be illegal if the U.S. military did it officially. Now, it seems some of his contractors have turned their sights on training and participating in insurrectionist activities right here, domestically. He is cunning and he is a racist. He has conservative beliefs that would scare you. He is also one of those Christian "jihadist." Deep religious fanaticism. So maybe he is not smart about a lot of things, but he is dangerous. He's not invincible. But if you're on his turf he knows what he is doing.Read that book. In fact if you never read anything else about the Republicans, read Dark Money by Jane Mayer, and read Blackwater.

by Anonymousreply 236August 2, 2020 12:05 PM

Don't miss this stellar attack ad "in support" of DT:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 3, 2020 9:52 PM

Majority whip , a Democrat, recently said that trump is Mussolini and Putin is hitler. Listening to him speak made me very concerned about the shit clown face will do to stay in office.

Post office already has huge backlog - mail carriers told to not use overtime if there is too much mail. Just leave it. I’m too enraged to continue but I’m using voodoo magic on Susan Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 238August 3, 2020 10:05 PM

Why has this story been buried? Is there any congressional action on this?

by Anonymousreply 239August 3, 2020 10:10 PM

I believe Putin could tell Trump he was planning on nuking Hawaii and Trump wouldn't do a thing to prevent it. I am hardly shocked about the bounties.

by Anonymousreply 240August 3, 2020 10:22 PM

Had this been an Obama issue — of course it never would have been — the Rethugs would have been on the TeeVee 24/7 nonstop. And in that instance, the outrage would have been justified. I am mystified as to why the Dems are not beating up the Dotard repeatedly and continuously about this. Of course the Repukes are cowering in a corner scared to cross tRump lest he mean-tweet about them.

by Anonymousreply 241August 4, 2020 12:43 AM

A number of Democratic congress members seemed to be M.I.A. Where the fuck are they?

by Anonymousreply 242August 4, 2020 12:45 AM

Most of the House members and Senators are trying to get back to their home districts and states to campaign for re-election and do fundraising.

It is discouraging the Democrats and the media have not dwelled on the Russian bounty disclosures more extensively and with greater alarm. Republicans have stayed largely silent on the matter, and no one is holding Trump accountable for ignoring or dismissingcthecintelligence. Who is punishing Russia for this behavior? No new sanctions, no formal condemnations, no known counter-actions.

Some veteran groups are angry about it.

by Anonymousreply 243August 4, 2020 1:46 AM

I've been calling my idiot rethug Senator every damned day reminding that POS that there are still bounties on the heads of our troops and he STILL refuses to say or do anything.

His silence is consent.

Fucker had the nerve to email me and say he didn't believe it was true, it was just a report and nothing confirmed. So I reminded him it's a leaked intelligence brief that he says is fake.

Prick.

by Anonymousreply 244August 4, 2020 10:17 PM

Don’t let this fade away.

by Anonymousreply 245August 4, 2020 10:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!