Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYTimes: Black Trans Women Seek More Space in the Movement They Helped Start

At no point have black trans people shared fully in the gains of the L.G.B.T.Q. or racial justice movements. This may be changing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 27, 2021 10:42 AM

U T O P I A

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2020 5:27 PM

Black trans women didn't start shit. Not for the black or LGB movement. It's all revisionist history started on Tumblr that's worryingly manifesting into fact due to copy and paste.

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2020 5:31 PM

Hope they get lots of funding when they eliminate all gay men. Because we’re not paying for it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2020 5:48 PM

First they rewrite Stonewall, now they rewrite everything.

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2020 5:51 PM

From the article: "Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera, trans women who were key figures in the Stonewall uprising". Why does this come up over and over again when it wasn't apparently true.

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2020 5:53 PM

R5 If you repeat it enough times, it becomes true.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2020 5:54 PM

R5, that's what happens when even famous politicians like Elizabeth Warren state this so-called "fact" over and over again, publicly.

by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2020 5:55 PM

The grifters are coming for your social gains!

by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2020 6:05 PM

I don't get this zero-sum argument. 'Space'?! By what metric? Where?

There is always 'space' for ideas. You just can't imagine everyone will accept your ideas, who you are or give a fuck about what you have to say.

by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2020 6:19 PM

They didn’t start shit.

by Anonymousreply 10June 27, 2020 6:22 PM

They don't even go to this school!

by Anonymousreply 11June 27, 2020 6:24 PM

Unless I missed it, there's no comment area on this article. I've seen that more and more on different sites lately (especially on Curbed, which made a disastrous switch from real estate gossip to 90 percent wokeapalooza bullshit).

The fact that the NYT and so many other sites are so afraid of differing opinions tells me everything I need to know. Trans are all about toddler tantrum totalitarianism.

by Anonymousreply 12June 27, 2020 6:29 PM

This sort of revisionist blather is what makes me dread reading anything Pride-related in June.

by Anonymousreply 13June 27, 2020 6:32 PM

"Transgender women of color led the uprising at the Stonewall Inn 51 years ago"

First sentence is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2020 6:34 PM

Transeez will discount this FACTUAL documentary, cuz white-ciseez produced it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 27, 2020 7:03 PM

PRAVDA, comrade.

by Anonymousreply 16June 27, 2020 7:06 PM

This article erases the contribution of queer British Asian women like Jameela Jamil who literally sent the first tweet about the first brick being thrown at Stonewall.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2020 7:52 AM

White gay men led the uprising.

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2020 8:21 AM

It was American gays too. Not British ones.

Weird, but self-loathing is more common there.

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2020 10:52 AM

For starters there is no such thing as a trans woman or a trans male. I guess it's another one of those lies people think if you say it enough enough, journalists print it enough it will come true. Once again if born a male or female that is the sex you will ALWAYS be, regardless of how much you slice and dice your body. Btw he makes a fugly female.

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2020 11:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2020 12:06 PM

I cry when seeing my gay brothers having to be any queer identity because homophobia in society makes that easier than saying, 'I AM A GAY MAN.'

We still have so much work to do.

Women -- be they trans or cis -- need to sit down and let us have our space.

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2020 12:21 PM

[quote] “As we commemorate Stonewall Day, it’s important to remember that this fight started with trans women and gender non-conforming people of color who physically resisted hate, discrimination, and police brutality,” Vaid-Menon said in their spot introducing Trans Lifeline, a trans-led group that provides peer support to trans and gender non-conforming people. “Their actions led to the Pride celebration we’ve had all month.”

Fuck you too Alok. Please work on your poetry.

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2020 4:59 PM

Magic brick theory. The presence of Marsha and Sylvia in June 1969 conferred on us the rights we have today. Nothing happened before this. Millions of people didn't fight after this.

It's all two street queens who posed for the camera in 1969.

We owe them everything - and all the white lesbians and gays who coordinated Pride marches, challenged laws in court, got adoption and marriage laws changed, got gay and lesbian anti-discrimination ordinances enacted, lobbied congressmen and women, fought for our brothers and sisters who died of AIDS - all of that is inconsequential to two drug addicted street queens, neither of whom were actually there when it started.

Magic bricks.

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2020 5:14 PM

Look at all the Black Trans leaders in 1970! Look how Sylvia and Marsha are...

Oh, wait. Never mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2020 7:31 PM

It was an honor to know Stormé

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2020 7:35 PM

I wonder who started the Mattachine Society then?

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2020 7:42 PM

Old white guys that the Vlok herd want "cancelled."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2020 7:51 PM

It always was black transwomen, because if it wasn't, you'd be transphobic and racist.

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2020 9:31 PM

R25 - that footage is pretty telling. Of course, activists will say that they trained the camera only on white men.

But even in the background scenes, there are very few POC - I only counted one black man in all the footage.

by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2020 10:34 PM

Of course the article interviews that old grifter Major Gracy who’s been lying about his presence at Stonewall for 20 years now even though the man was living in Chicago at the time.

Something none of these activists ever address: If black trans lives matter, then how come every black transwoman murdered this year has been killed by another black man?

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2020 10:44 PM

R31 - I was going to ask - who the fuck is Major Gracy? I've heard and read a lot of things about Stonewall, but have never heard of her.

Sounds like another person taking credit for something they didn't do.

by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2020 11:02 PM

Yes, she and Storme.

Were there any gay men in that gay bar? Or just lesbians and trans women?

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2020 11:04 PM

He’s just a con artist r32. No one can verify any of his claims and he’s not mentioned in any of the previous Stonewall accounts up til about ten years ago when he suddenly came forward. Easy to do since many of the actual survivors like Raymond Castro are now deceased. Even so no serious scholars have added him to the narrative because there is no proof he was there, and conversely proof he was living elsewhere.

He also claims he was at Sylvia Rivera’s 1973 Pride protest speech while at the same time doing a five year stint at Dannemora.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2020 2:29 AM

Looks like DL favorite soap actor Christopher Sean is one of them who believes that Marsha P. Johnson and others like her started pride and Stonewall riots.

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2020 3:14 AM

If trans women of color actually did lead the gay rights movement, homosexuality would still be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2020 3:24 AM

So sick of hearing about Marsha and Sylvia. I've known some old-timers who were acquainted with both of them, and they all said Sylvia and Marsha were a couple of hot fucking messes/junkie whores who were drunk and high 24/7. They couldn't lead a fucking bake sale, never mind a movement.

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2020 3:27 AM

The only people who were actually there whom I have met are the late Marty Robinson (an early ACT UP member who died in 1992) and Philadelphia Gay News publisher Mark Segal, who details his presence at the riots in his memoir. He's a funny guy, but he was there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2020 3:41 AM

Marty Robinson. Say HIS name, bitches!

" In late June 1969 he was a participant in the Stonewall Riot, which focused his activism on gay rights; on July 27 he led the first Christopher Street Liberation March. He was a member of the Mattachine Action Committee and co-founded the Gay Liberation Front and the Gay Activists Alliance later that year, and subsequently ACT-UP, the National Gay Task Force and GLAAD."

That's ten times more than a pair of drag whores did all their sad lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2020 3:43 AM

Sjw patronizing bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2020 3:46 AM

R31 Black lives only matter when they're taken by white people. Black people killing each other is not a social problem worth addressing.

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2020 11:35 AM

For decades, Stormé DeLarvarie was written and spoken about as the person who started what became the a Stonewall Riot when she was handcuffed and roughed up and she yelled to the crowd "Why don't you do something!" People started throwing pennies, rocks, etc at the police and it escalated.

It's just been very recently that this revisionist history about it being "led by" Marsha and Silvia popped up. First off all, both were drag queens. Marsha called himself a gay man, not sure about Silvia. Might one or both of them identify as trans if they were alive today? Maybe? Is it right to assign that identity to them now that they're both dead? Absolutely fucking not.

Marsha stated that he wasn't there until late that first night, after the inn was already on fire. Marsha and it's people there started that Silvia wasn't there at all until the second night, instead shooting heroin ("having cocktails" was a euphemism) in the park the first night, then slept on the park bench.

All of these people are dead now, so the trans lobby decided it would be easy to revise history and guess what? They succeeded in spades. Now the city has not one but two statues to "stunning and brave" people who weren't actually even at Stonewall when the rio began, much less did they "lead" anything. In a special kick in the teeth to women, officials stated that there are so few monuments to women and so many to men that this will serve to balance the scales. WTF.

BTW there is a petition to erect a statue of Stormé at the link.

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 11:48 AM

Oops, here's the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 12:22 PM

Stormé was a regular at Henrietta's in the West Village and would tell the story to whoever was curious. I have no reason to doubt her account.

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 12:23 PM

Gay men started Stonewall. Whenever I hear of that Storme I just hear an attempt to erase gay men.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 12:33 PM

I have a question for those in the know; was there a lot of out black or minority gay people during this time?

I ask because the black community is virulently anti gay so I find it hard to believe that black gay men in drag were at the forefront of stonewall.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 12:39 PM

Stinky linky, r43.

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2020 12:40 PM

The following is interesting. The information on the real history of Stonewall - and of all the gay rights activities before Stonewall - is out there. We should use it and not let this ideological myths take over. ------------------------------------------------ After OutHistory published the New York City police reports naming Marilyn Fowler as one of the arrestees on the first night of the Stonewall Resistance, I began to try to learn more about Fowler.

If anyone has additional information about Fowler, please email me at outhistory@gmail.com

Because I did not ask my early informants' permission to use their names, I am not doing so now.

First informant: In 2009, at a public forum, I asked a lesbian who was one of the panelists, and who had been involved in the early days of gay and lesbian liberation, if she knew anything about Fowler.

She answered that she knew Marilyn Fowler and she was "wacko" (exclamation point). When I tried to ask more about Fowler, she said she doubted that Fowler had been at the Stonewall. When I started to explain that there was a police record of Fowler's arrest, the informant walked away from me quickly as if determined to say no more. It was intense. I'm not sure why she was so determined not to tell me more.

A second informant was a male involved in the early days of gay liberation in New York. He emailed me (the following text has been edited for typos, nothing of substance has been changed):

I knew Marilyn Fowler. She was quite a troubled young lesbian who, if I remember correctly, was a "speed freak" and did not get along with the lesbians I knew and preferred hanging with the street kids.

I believe she had been banned from Cookies the mob run women's bar on 14th st.

Having actually witnessed the incident in the early part of the evening when two police officers came to collect their payoff I can tell you that the older, very butch "passing woman" who was handcuffed and placed inside the police car by one of the two police offers present -- when the police officer who had locked her in the police car went back inside -- was NOT Marilyn Fowler. Totally different body type etc.

I saw the unnamed passing woman begin to rock the police car attracting the attention of the people on the street and to her surprise, her arresting officer had left one door unlocked. She slipped out of both her loosely locked handcuffs and the back seat of the police car. The crowd roared and she rose to her butch occasion. She threw her bulky body against the police car and began to rock it. This, in my view, was the Stonewall moment. The spark that ignited a desire for freedom from oppression. The Stonewall rebellion against invisibility and oppression.

It spread immediately like a prairie fire. A loud cheer went up from the crowd. One of the two police officers came out saw the crowd gathered and immediately went back inside and called the local precinct and asked for help. This is what I witnessed. it is not the official police account as reported in Stonewall Riot. But it is what I actually saw..

As to. Ms. Fowler, I have not seen her in many years. But I suggest you might want to contact Michela Griffo active In the lesbian community pre- and post-Stonewall and a former board member of AVP.

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2020 12:45 PM

Forgot the link. Of course, it's the person who talks in terms of "queer communities" who wants to stop the names of the people who were arrested at Stonewall and hence the actual heroes, not people like Marsha and Sylvia who weren't even there, from being known. This person doesn't even claim to know anyone who had been at Stonewall, but has just dictate that the research should not be done. ------------------------------------------ In 2011 OutHistory received the following email:

I completely respect the project being done here as we work to understand more history of queer communities. That said, as a person who works with folks struggling with the long-term ramifications of their arrest records being publicly searchable, I feel some concern about the publishing of people's names and arrest records to a public mailing list. Assuming these arrests did not result in convictions, the folks in question have the right to have these records sealed and not to have their privacy compromised.

I think there may have been a more responsible way to frame this that still could have resulted in people coming forward with information - for example, naming these folks and simply saying you have evidence that they were at the event without explicitly naming them as parties who were arrested.

We have a responsibility to preserve our community history, but also to protect and respect the privacy and rights of the people in that community. I hope this project can foster a productive dialog about how we can do both.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2020 12:48 PM

[quote] sure about Silvia. Might one or both of them identify as trans if they were alive today? Maybe?

Sylvia/Ray died in 2002 and he did identify as trans.

Ray Rivera was a violent felon who used to run a sting with a male friend where he’d pick up a john and he and the friend would then rob the unsuspecting customer. He did time for assault. He attached himself to Stonewall because he saw it as a good way to advance his own activism.

Ray was known for hijacking Pride in ‘73, stealing the mic from a lesbian speaker to yell about transsexual (as they were called then) rights. He was very aggressive about getting transsexuals front and center in the gay rights movement, something that was not always received well by other activists because Ray and his group STAR were a bunch of cross dressing junkie prostitutes.

His legacy beyond Stonewall is an advocacy group known as the Sylvia Rivera Law Project which claims to fight for trans inmates’ right. One such inmate is Luis Morales now calling himself Synthia China Blast. Luis and another man raped and murdered a 13 year old girl named Ebony Williams back in the late 80s. After they killed her they set her body on fire and threw it in the trash. Luis laughed throughout his murder trial. He now says he’s a woman and that he’s treated unfairly in prison. He also since married another man, a male serial killer. This was the inmate and association that got Laverne Cox in hot water a few years back.

Some legacy for Rivera, having an org that defends child rapists attached to them,

by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2020 12:48 PM

R50, if Sylvia/Ray died in 2002 then it is highly unlikely he would have identified as transgender, which is what is referred to by the term trans today. Transgender is a totally different kettle of fish from the old transsexual/transvestite.

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2020 12:52 PM

I agree r51 however that term “transgender” had been in use in the trans community since the 1980s. Sylvia used it.

by Anonymousreply 52June 29, 2020 1:27 PM

Here you go R51:

[quote] Sylvia eventually stopped drinking and rejoined movement, and in 2001 even tried to re-start STAR, renaming it Street Transgender Action Revolutionaries, but she died of liver cancer a year later. Sylvia was 50 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 29, 2020 1:29 PM

Correct link for Stormé petition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 29, 2020 1:41 PM

I even clicked the link before publishing to double check, and it worked. Once published, it didn't.

Google Stormé petition if you're interested.

by Anonymousreply 55June 29, 2020 1:43 PM

And don’t forget that Pete Buttigieg was a big promoter of the Black Trannies at Stonewall LIE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 29, 2020 2:27 PM

The media just goes along with the fantasy, because the idea of black transexuals starting Stonewall is something that grabs people’s attention. And they (the media) of course really don’t care about accurately portraying gay history. It’s all window dressing to them.

by Anonymousreply 57June 29, 2020 2:31 PM

He had to be... since all the Warren and Klobuchar supporters made up stories about him being racist.

by Anonymousreply 58June 29, 2020 2:31 PM

I've never seen any trans women of color in any of the actual photos from Stonewall. Granted, there aren't many, but it was mostly young white guys. Unfortunately that's terribly unfashionable in these times, but it was what it was.

These activists are taking advantage of the fact that Stonewall wasn't a very well-documented event to begin with, and most of the people who were actually there are long-dead so can't refute anything. They can spin any narrative they want.

by Anonymousreply 59June 29, 2020 2:36 PM

Ugh so sick of this lie being turned into a mass delusion at this point. Every gay organization pushes this same dishonest narrative, effectively erasing decades of work done by gay men and lesbians. Does anyone know a single gay organization I can donate to that not only doesn't buy into this lie, but actively fights against it?? I'm probably going to end my monthly check to the Los Angeles lgbt center even though I love their support for homeless teens and poverty stricken seniors. But now everything there is trans this and trans that. Their image of gay pride seems strictly trans visability at the expense of gay men and women.

The Women's Liberation Front is nicely reminding the world that real women actually exist still but do any of you know of any gay charities not suffering from this dishonest narrative??

by Anonymousreply 60June 29, 2020 3:05 PM

For me, I accept that the riots started among some marginalized street youth, which included some drag queens and POCs.

However, the majority of the crowd and increasing riot actors were white. The following nights were also diverse. It was a powder keg ready to explode.

They've taken the fact that there were some marginalized POC and drag queens at Stonewall and have twisted it into a fallacy that a handful of POC drag queens started everything and actually led gay right movements afterwards. Not true at all.

But logic and reason and facts have nothing to do with the trans movement.

Gays and Lesbians had to use FACTS to push the movement forward: identifying gay and lesbian people throughout history, studies that showed gay and lesbian parents are just as good as straight, that gays and lesbians do NOT abuse children in higher amounts than straights, etc., etc.

All I see from the trans movement are packs of lies and wishful thinking that are easily proven wrong.

by Anonymousreply 61June 29, 2020 3:48 PM

[quote] His legacy beyond Stonewall is an advocacy group known as the Sylvia Rivera Law Project which claims to fight for trans inmates’ right. One such inmate is Luis Morales now calling himself Synthia China Blast. Luis and another man raped and murdered a 13 year old girl named Ebony Williams back in the late 80s. After they killed her they set her body on fire and threw it in the trash. Luis laughed throughout his murder trial. He now says he’s a woman and that he’s treated unfairly in prison. He also since married another man, a male serial killer. This was the inmate and association that got Laverne Cox in hot water a few years back.

This is one of the most vile things I have ever read. Is Laverne Cox shady too? They seem normalish from what I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 62June 29, 2020 4:04 PM

That's in 2001 though r53. My point is that in 1969 "transgender" wasn't a thing. And even if it was in use in the 1980s or 2001 I suspect people like Sylvia were using it in a different way to the idea of gender identity today.

by Anonymousreply 63June 29, 2020 4:08 PM

R62, Laverne claims not to have been aware of just why the person she was defending was incarcerated, which is a pretty ludicrous position to put yourself in.

It's like all the idiots who protest about the killings of black transwomen on BLM marches, completely ignoring that their killers are black. Or all the twits regurgitating the "Stonewall was started by trans women of colour" crap. Or all those who never stop to listen to what JK Rowling was saying (e.g. the 4400% rise in the past decade of young women in the UK wanting to transition - especially when you put that in the context of all the controversy at the Tavistock clinic).

It's basically a case of anything a transperson says or does is great and no criticism of them can ever be made so no one bothers with basic facts anymore.

by Anonymousreply 64June 29, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote] Laverne claims not to have been aware of just why the person she was defending was incarcerated, which is a pretty ludicrous position to put yourself in.

LOL. "I was just defending them because they were in jail. I had no idea they were in here for a crime!!!". That sounds so dumb. Laverne, fix yourself.

by Anonymousreply 65June 29, 2020 4:16 PM

Not to mention, r61 and I don't really know because I wasn't around then and I'm not American, but my impression of the US at that time certainly, and everywhere at that time really, is that black and white people didn't really mix in the same bars and weren't really part of the same scene. Sure, if you were gay then those social barriers based on race were easier to knock down, but I think it's quite naive to imagine that everyone was just chilling in the same gay bars.

This isn't to say there wasn't an equally fascinating black gay scene and black gay culture going on, but it's anachronistic to believe that black and white people were just hanging with each other in an inclusive and diverse way in the 1960s, 1970s, as is the ideal today.

by Anonymousreply 66June 29, 2020 4:21 PM

I am SO sick of hearing about trans! They are NOT a part of the LGB community, they don’t like us, yet they are benefiting from all the hard work we’ve spent decades doing. So sick of it!🤬 It’s like we’re being erased.

by Anonymousreply 67June 29, 2020 4:25 PM

If you search for images of the riot you’ll see that actual pictures from the riot are disappearing from search engines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 29, 2020 4:35 PM

I see only white gay men.

No lesbians, no trans women, little color.

by Anonymousreply 69June 29, 2020 4:36 PM

Look at all these Trans Women of Color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 29, 2020 4:37 PM

More Trans Women of Color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 29, 2020 4:40 PM

The Trans are like Trump if they say it, that’s what they’re doing. They started with all the “we’re being erased!” bullshit and that’s exactly what they’re doing to LGB people. They’ve made all the lines so blurry too, it’s hard to get a grip on what is the goal. Transsexuals back in the day, are very different from the transgender people of today.

by Anonymousreply 72June 29, 2020 4:43 PM

VICTIM OLYMPICS:

Black trans activists are also calling for the redistribution of resources within mainstream L.G.B.T.Q. advocacy organizations that have usually been led by white, cisgender people.

National nonprofits with strong funding “need to get serious about reallocating resources to black- and brown-led grass-roots initiatives,” Ms. Willis said, “and they need to really reorient themselves around who they consider to be a leader.”

Historically, mainstream L.G.B.T.Q. rights groups have focused more on white gay people and lesbians than on trans people or people of color. While that has begun to change, there remains a well of mistrust and a conviction that effective advocacy will need to be led by black trans people.

“They don’t know the first thing about what it is to live a life like we have, and they have no comprehension as to what it is we suffer and go through,” said Miss Major Griffin-Gracy, one of the last surviving leaders of the Stonewall uprising. “So I myself do not participate in groups that are led by white people, because they just don’t understand.”

by Anonymousreply 73June 29, 2020 4:46 PM

Let a T take over an organization and you can guarantee the accounting books won’t balance soon enough. Notorious Grifters.

by Anonymousreply 74June 29, 2020 4:49 PM

[quote] LOL. "I was just defending them because they were in jail. I had no idea they were in here for a crime!!!". That sounds so dumb. Laverne, fix yourself.’

It’s especially galling since Ebony Williams was black and Cox has shown a great deal of antipathy for black women in his comments towards them. Last year his stance was black women need to take responsibility for black men killing black transwomen, that it was women’s attitudes that caused men to kill them. I wish I was joking.

by Anonymousreply 75June 29, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote]Last year his stance was black women need to take responsibility for black men killing black transwomen, that it was women’s attitudes that caused men to kill them.

Link, R75?

Not that I don't believe you (because I do), but I'd love to see the receipts on that for future reference.

by Anonymousreply 76June 29, 2020 5:08 PM

Okay... I don't want to get into race stuff, but Laverne knows her people.

This kinda gets at it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 29, 2020 5:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 29, 2020 5:23 PM

This doesn’t even make me mad anymore. I’m just scared now.

by Anonymousreply 79June 29, 2020 5:38 PM

The whole trans narrative re: Stonewall and the Gay Rights Movement is so completely unbelievable it is astounding that it's accepted as fact.

The Gay Rights Movement was led by a bunch of junkie trans prostitutes - as if mainstream American society would've given the gay rights movement the time of day if that had been true. Esp. back then. Homosexuality would STILL be illegal today if that had been true.

It's like we're living in Orwellian times.

by Anonymousreply 80June 29, 2020 6:00 PM

They need to make Tranz’ez into heroes so when young gaylings attach to the movement they can effectively brainwash them to think that no they’re not going to grow up and be gay or lesbian... they’re trapped in the wrong body and need to immediately demand their parents take them to the doctor for hormones and schedule a titty or willy whacking surgery so they can spend the rest of their life as part of the industrial medical complex.

by Anonymousreply 81June 29, 2020 6:26 PM

[quote] All I see from the trans movement are packs of lies and wishful thinking that are easily proven wrong.

This cuts across almost any topic that touches the trans movement, like suspect medical studies cited, or sports studies or psychological studies.

It's as if this seeming wall of lies and delusions really is a symptom of a mental or personality disorder. Of course, the push for a ban on "conversion therapy" will eliminate the ability for therapists and psychologists to properly assess these symptoms and provide treatment if necessary. It even threatens a parent's ability to seek counseling for a child with body dysphoria that is anything except "confirmation therapy". That's another thing the trans activists have hijacked and that straights have eaten up without critical thinking - conversion therapy for gays is an entirely different matter than what the TRAs are labeling conversion therapy for trans, especially for those they decide are "trans children". The TRAs have turned conversion therapy on its head. THEY are the ones trying to convert gay kids or just confused straight kids going through the usual childhood and adolescent sense of being uncomfortable with their bodies or place in the world that they are trans and not just normal kids. This is why the Tavistock revelations are so important.

Now the trans activists are glomming onto the racial discrimination bandwagon. Pretty soon it will be a trans woman of color who gave the I Have a Dream speech and who refused to sit in the back of the bus.

WTF is going on and why are we letting it happen? Are we just too old to fight anymore?

by Anonymousreply 82June 30, 2020 4:56 PM

No one I know who believes this will state it publicly without the hordes of tranzees swooping down to cancel them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 30, 2020 6:08 PM

The trans are taking over BLM and the whole black community now. I wonder if black people will be as spineless as we the LGB were and just roll over and let them take over.

by Anonymousreply 84July 1, 2020 9:49 AM

R52 This says that the transvestites didn't use that word "trans gender" until the 1990s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 1, 2020 10:30 AM

Saw this bullshit statement today on twitter earlier.

“ Transgender and non-binary people have long been lumped together with other groups under the LGBTQ umbrella. But with non-straight cisgender people being integrated to the mainsteam, other "queer" communities are fighting for their own rights.”

So basically more gay erasure and we are now to be known as non straight cis gendered. Fucking hell.

by Anonymousreply 86July 1, 2020 11:16 AM

Gay male erasure

by Anonymousreply 87July 1, 2020 12:08 PM

R86, I actually want to see more tweets like that. First, I agree with the tweeter - the LGB should not be lumped together with the TQNB++. Second, I have no problem with them revealing their homophobia. I keep trying to get the message across that the trans ideology is misogynistic and homophobic. Straights and well-meaning gays don't understand that. They actually believe that the trans are a marginalised group. Yes, there are real trans people who have genuine dysphoria and they need support, etc. But they're not the trans that have taken over the LGB and are now trying to take over BLM and basically erase gays and put women back in their place. These people are mostly fucked-up homosexuals who cannot accept their sexuality plus now some Gen Zs who've grown up with this "queer" stuff and don't understand anything else but will grow out of it once they start trying to have proper sex and relationships and get jobs.

But, the more they reveal their homophobia (and it's a very deep hate) the more we can start to expose them to the naive straights and the gullible gays that are enabling the trans takeover of everything.

by Anonymousreply 88July 1, 2020 1:50 PM

How do gay men and lesbians take back our story from "queers" and "activists" who spread garbage like this? I want to know when exactly the lie that trans people started Stonewall became prominent.

by Anonymousreply 89April 7, 2021 3:01 AM

I think vote in Republicans, R89. Let them dismantle, and then gays can rebuild and better and smarter this time. Less inclusive. No “LGBT”, no “LGBTQ”, etc. Gays will always fight for rights. I’m willing to give up gay rights today for the sake of the future gay generation. I firmly believe that’s the answer.

by Anonymousreply 90April 7, 2021 3:05 AM

*Let them dismantle, and then gays can rebuild and *be better and smarter *next time.

by Anonymousreply 91April 7, 2021 3:06 AM

R91, I still want trans people to have their rights but I DON'T want them coopting our stories. What's incredible to me is how fast this myth has become "fact" now.

by Anonymousreply 92April 7, 2021 3:11 AM

If continue voting Democrat, R92, it will only get worse. I am not.

by Anonymousreply 93April 7, 2021 3:16 AM

Great video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 7, 2021 3:18 AM

[quote] "Marsha P. Johnson and Sylvia Rivera, trans women who were key figures in the Stonewall uprising". Why does this come up over and over again when it wasn't apparently true.

You counter-revolutionary thought criminal !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 7, 2021 3:23 AM

It was a great video until, they mentioned the supposed lesbian “who threw the brick”. Then they proceeded to call gay men “misogynistic” because they’re omitting this lesbian, who I’ve never even heard of and who isn’t mentioned in any of the Stonewall documentaries I’ve seen. (I’ve seen only pre-woke Stonewall documentaries, by the way. I won’t watch modern documentaries on the subject). But, I consider this lesbian to be right alongside Marsha P Johnson and Sylvia Rivera: revisionist history.

by Anonymousreply 96April 7, 2021 3:27 AM

I now dread pride month because we’re forced to read these lies over and over. Trannies have hijacked what was a celebration of homosexuality. Gay men have been reduced to bystanders at Stonewall. Painted as cowards who stood by while black trannies did everything.

I’m SICK of trannies.

by Anonymousreply 97April 7, 2021 3:42 AM

What in the name of Larry Storch is THIS bullshit about?

They've already managed to FULLY CO-OPT Stonewall and remove actual gay people from Gay Pride Month, but now it's not fucking enough?

Enough!

by Anonymousreply 98April 7, 2021 3:46 AM

The trans narrative about doing everything at Stonewall and gay rights is so laughable. Even just thinking about it from a logical standpoint, it makes no sense either demographically or historically.

by Anonymousreply 99April 7, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote]I find it hard to believe that black gay men in drag were at the forefront of stonewall.

Because they weren't.

by Anonymousreply 100April 7, 2021 3:58 AM

I think it upsets people that this was a clash between white gay men and cops. Now, you have trans and lesbians who started the riots, not gay men. It’s all woke propaganda today. I’m relieved that the AIDS crisis was recorded because if it wasn’t, trans and lesbians would be at the forefront of that too and gay men would be just too “weak” to do anything, like how they are trying to paint gay men at Stonewall.

by Anonymousreply 101April 7, 2021 4:05 AM

[quote] I’m relieved that the AIDS crisis was recorded because if it wasn’t, trans and lesbians would be at the forefront of that too and gay men would be just too “weak” to do anything, like how they are trying to paint gay men at Stonewall.

Absolutely 100%. The AIDS activism of the 80s and 90s was meticulously documented with thousands of photos and thousands of hours of video so nobody can change the narrative. ACT UP recorded their meetings, for example. There is no denying that trans were not a part of that. That portion of our history would be impossible to hijack with a false narrative because there is just way too much documentation.

by Anonymousreply 102April 7, 2021 4:17 AM

Johnson wasn't even trans. He freely admitted to dressing in drag to make more money as a prostitute. And, as others have noted, he also didn't claim stolen valor with regard to Stonewall. He showed up hours after the riot started.

Even Rivera admitted that crossdressers and people of color weren't particularly welcome at the *mob-owned* Stonewall. That's why most of the rioters were white men who were proud of being men.

"Miss Major" Griffin-Gracy is a pathological liar who only recently glommed on to Stonewall. Griffin-Gracy has also lied about participating in the Attica riots. You know who actually did participate in those riots? Winston Moseley. Although there is a perfect sort of symmetry with a trans claiming to be comrade-in-arms with a man who raped and murdered a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 103April 7, 2021 4:34 AM

A Strong Black TransWoman Of Color. No, really. Big Burly Bitch looks like she should be linebacking for the Chicago Bears!

by Anonymousreply 104April 7, 2021 4:57 AM

R12

Vox Media sold Curbed to New York Magazine a while ago now. Since then the site has been rubbish in terms of real estate, more like just another place for NYM woke liberals to post random shit.

To be fair The Real Deal had become one of if not the dominate real estate site, leaving Curbed with sloppy seconds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 7, 2021 6:39 AM

Trannies in general tend to be tiresome and unhinged, however trans of color take it to a whole other level.

They bring all that constant anger or whatever about being a POC and roll it into trans which gives them some sort of super entitlement attitude. As if they are owed something for being black, and a bonus on top for also being trans.

by Anonymousreply 106April 7, 2021 6:46 AM

I’m not buying what they’re sellin and I don’t even want to look at them.

by Anonymousreply 107April 7, 2021 7:34 AM

It you go to the end of this write-up they say Marsha is a straight female. I give up!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 7, 2021 7:49 AM

She was still a TERF. All women are, even trans women.

by Anonymousreply 109April 7, 2021 7:58 AM

[quote] Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

Sound familiar?

by Anonymousreply 110April 7, 2021 8:20 AM

So?

by Anonymousreply 111April 7, 2021 8:26 AM

MORE space??? For fucks sake the GLB part of the word salad have already been pushed aside and now trannies want even MORE attention?? God I hate them and I don’t want the GLB’s associated with these fuckers anymore!😡

by Anonymousreply 112April 7, 2021 8:41 AM

And we hate you back, you racist transphobic cisf@gg0TERF! If it wasn’t for us, you’d be in jail for violating sodomy laws. Maybe it’s time for those days to make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 113April 7, 2021 3:15 PM

R-106- It's a BOTTOMLESS WELL of grievances for BLACKS and BLACK QUEERS.

by Anonymousreply 114April 7, 2021 3:21 PM

Damn, r110. that sent shivers down my spine.

by Anonymousreply 115April 8, 2021 9:11 AM

R50

I remember that story in local NYC news about Ebony Williams. Tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 9, 2021 9:55 AM

How Synthia China Blast's supporters see things......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 9, 2021 10:01 AM

On the Stonewall Wikipedia, there’s emphasis placed on “butch” lesbians who started the riot. They asked the gay men, “aren’t you going to do anything?” It’s so obvious what they’re trying to do. Dare I say lesbians and trans need to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 118April 9, 2021 12:36 PM

They're talking about Storme, R118, who was a butch lesbian, and who was there, front and center.

by Anonymousreply 119April 9, 2021 1:54 PM

I think the Right wing trolls are getting lazy and are just recycling old Anti-Trans threads now. R118 i already had blocked as a troll.

by Anonymousreply 120April 9, 2021 2:54 PM

But what about Black trans women of color who are also Sex Workers?

by Anonymousreply 121April 9, 2021 2:59 PM

Revisionist history.

by Anonymousreply 122April 9, 2021 3:03 PM

They can push the revisionist history because not too many gay men of that era are still around and straights have always been clueless about gay history.

by Anonymousreply 123April 9, 2021 3:13 PM

R60, there is an org. in the UK, LGB Alliance. There is also an American branch, but I don't see any place to donate, but they are on twitter: @LGBAlliance_USA

Below is the link to the UK org.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 9, 2021 3:17 PM

Unsubscribe from the Times. It feels great. Fucking hate their woke bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 125April 9, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote]They're talking about Storme, [R118], who was a butch lesbian, and who was there, front and center.

Some debate this—even on that very Wikipedia page.

by Anonymousreply 126April 9, 2021 5:57 PM

Accounts of people who witnessed the scene, including letters and news reports of the woman who fought with police, conflicted. Where witnesses claim one woman who fought her treatment at the hands of the police caused the crowd to become angry, some also remembered several "butch lesbians" had begun to fight back while still in the bar. At least one was already bleeding when taken out of the bar.[79] Craig Rodwell[80] claims the arrest of the woman was not the primary event that triggered the violence, but one of several simultaneous occurrences: "there was just ... a flash of group—of mass—anger."

by Anonymousreply 127April 9, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote]Revisionist history.

I’ll have to go back and re-watch pre-woke Stonewall documentaries on this topic. I don’t recall lesbians being mentioned at all, not even interviewed, but it could be my mistake.

by Anonymousreply 128April 9, 2021 6:01 PM

PBS did an excellent documentary called "Stonewall Uprising" in 2009, with interviews of people who were actually there. Mostly gay men, one lesbian and one man who became trans later in life.

by Anonymousreply 129April 9, 2021 6:07 PM

3 “women” seek more space for attention

by Anonymousreply 130April 9, 2021 6:24 PM

I long for someone to do a trans version of Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire as We Didn't Start The Riot

by Anonymousreply 131April 13, 2021 11:29 AM

Cry for Help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 27, 2021 10:42 AM

^ link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 27, 2021 10:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!