Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘The Simpsons’ Will ‘No Longer Have White Actors Voice Non-White Characters,’ Producers Say

Just cancel it already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2020 9:52 PM

I agree. It hasn’t been funny since 2005.

by Anonymousreply 1June 26, 2020 11:54 PM

I know it's tough but could we keep this momentous news to one fucking thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2020 12:06 AM

[quote]I agree. It hasn’t been funny since 2005.

Try 1998!

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2020 12:11 AM

I'd say it should have ended at season 11. I honestly don't know why this show is even still on. Who the hell is even watching enough to get offended? Are they asking that all the old Apu episodes be banned?

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2020 1:13 AM

R2 oh the thread with 0 replies?

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2020 1:25 AM

Doesn't or rather didn't Hank Azaria make something like $300K per episode her voiced?

I think he's going to be fine stepping down.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2020 1:44 AM

Give me a break. Just cancel that shit show.

by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2020 2:30 AM

Oh good God, stupid is catching..

by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2020 2:34 AM

Hank does a million other voices on the show.

by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2020 2:39 AM

Wait....The Simpsons is still on the air?

I'm not being facetious.

Is it the Diamond Jubilee?

by Anonymousreply 10June 27, 2020 2:43 AM

It's in it's 30-something season now.

by Anonymousreply 11June 27, 2020 2:45 AM

R1 Agree, just put the god damn show out of it’s misery and fuck’n cancel it already.

by Anonymousreply 12June 27, 2020 2:49 AM

You cunts are nimbly avoiding the point that these assholes are concerned about the race of an actor voicing a CARTOON CHARACTER!

I hope that no trannies are hired to play anything other than tran-toons!

Bart is voiced by a WOMAN! THAT IS LITERALLY MURDER!

by Anonymousreply 13June 27, 2020 2:55 AM

So basically the show is dead, because the Simpsons are actually yellow.

by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2020 3:24 AM

WHO watches this show?!

by Anonymousreply 15June 27, 2020 3:52 AM

I've tried to watch the new episodes. They're just terrible. I agree it has not been funny in a long time. It really sucks because the older episodes are so good.

by Anonymousreply 16June 27, 2020 3:55 AM

Do they even make much money from The Simpsons now? They sacked Alf Clausen (who had been their composer since S2) three years ago, presumably because they didn't want to pay for an orchestra. I know they make money from merchandising, but surely they would still so even if the show was off the air? I see Friends merchandise all over the place, and that show ended in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 17June 27, 2020 11:06 AM

Bob's Burgers is CANCELLED till they stop the LITERAL ERASURE of womyn and get new voices for Linda and Tina, both currently voiced by cismen!

by Anonymousreply 18June 27, 2020 11:49 AM

Are Family Guy going to recast Cleveland now that the voice actor has resigned, or will they just get rid of the character? I admit, I haven't watched Family Guy since around 2006.

by Anonymousreply 19June 27, 2020 4:09 PM

It'll be strange if they just recast Carl, Dr Hibbert, Lou and Judge Snyder after thirty years. But if they write them out, there will be no black people left in Springfield, which doesn't exactly seem progressive. Yes, they could introduce new black characters, but it would be awkward as hell (i.e. Carl disappears and Lenny gets a new black friend? Just weird). This is simply another sign that this show has now been on the air for far, far too long.

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2020 1:12 PM

Fox doesn’t make money off The Simpsons anymore which is why they cut down on merchandise. It simply looks good on paper. There’s really no point in keeping it around at this point. If they were smart they’d do a few specials every year.

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2020 9:36 PM

IT DIED WITH MARCIA WALLACE ANYWAY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2020 9:37 PM

Illustrated-American demand justice. They should only be voiced by other Illustrated-Americans.

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2020 9:40 PM

Did I read it here or elsewhere but black people don't give a flying fuck about shit like this. It solves very little. Admirable policy as will allow more actors of different backgrounds to work. That's great.

Skip the fucking press release.

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2020 9:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!