Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Karen terrorizes Pier 1 for not accepting a return of item she didn’t have with her

She also was not wearing a mask and coughed on the woman filming her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 4, 2020 2:10 AM

The full story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 26, 2020 4:56 PM

I thought Pier 1 announced they were going out of business.

by Anonymousreply 2June 26, 2020 5:04 PM

They are, you can see the signs in the windows.

by Anonymousreply 3June 26, 2020 5:06 PM

If I was the associate, I would have taken a picutre of the cash amout of the item and asked for her number then texted her the picture and said "there I texted you a picture of your return."

by Anonymousreply 4June 26, 2020 5:21 PM

One time I was at Nordstroms and a woman was holding up a line trying to return an old coat that looked like it had been picked out of the trash. Not only didn’t she have a receipt, but the store had never carried the item. She looked all methed up and was screaming “I drove all the way from West Virginia!” It’s the stores fault for having such extravagant return policies. They put the red carpet out for grifting nut jobs.

by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2020 5:26 PM

We don't need to hear about every Karen, OP. Go back to Lipstick Alley.

by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2020 5:35 PM

Yeah, the strictly American retail code of "the customer is ALWAYS right" has been taken WAY too far. I've seen staff and owners of business bend over backwards to entertain and appease the most outrageous, entitled, screaming nutcases. All at the expense of normal customers.

by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2020 5:42 PM

We have our own Karen here at DL! R6, you're a winner!

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2020 5:57 PM

I hope she’s raped to death.

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2020 5:59 PM

By hobos r9

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2020 6:05 PM

I have a relative who's a Karen. She returns large items that are obviously used, so they can't have been defective. When a staff person balks, she goes from sickly sweet to screaming and raging. She doesn't insult the staff personally, but the staff still feel they've been verbally abused after having an angry person suddenly yelling at them for reasons beyond their control. It's flat out bullying. Often the store will give them what they want so that they will shut up and get the hell out of the store. But...when you reward them for their behavior, it just incentivizes them to do it again.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2020 6:15 PM

The "Karen" insult is low brow, racist, and sexist. You're a real winner, r8 and r9.

Muriel, this thread and the 900 other Karen threads the OP has started need to be shut down. This person seems to have nothing better to do than post threads bashing women and posting TikTok spam.

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2020 6:18 PM

MURIEL! I HAVE A COMPLAINT!

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2020 6:20 PM

You're way better off putting R6 on permanent ignore.

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2020 6:21 PM

R14 somehow I think I'll survive not having idiot racists read my commentary.

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2020 6:22 PM

MURIEL! I need to speak with your manager! ASAP!

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2020 6:29 PM

Such wit, r16! Why, with humor like that, don't be surprised you get asked to head up the North American Comics Guild!

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2020 6:31 PM

Who the fuck tries to return an item and doesn't bring the item with them?

She definitely wins Stupid Cunt of the Day award.

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2020 6:35 PM

The woman with a brain tumor and ten children sound like an asshole, too.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2020 6:38 PM

R11 that’s what smart Karen’s do. I had a Karen manager years ago and when she wasn’t berating her staff she’d loudly be on the phone yelling at the doctor, the cable company and anyone else she could call. A co worker of mine pointed out that she’s definitely nasty and bullying but notice she never uses inappropriate language or saying anything you could actually be punished for. She was the same way with staff she’d yell and treat people like garbage but never actually call them names or do anything that could leave evidence. She also knew who’s ass to kiss and would not behave this way around upper management. The Karen’s like that scare me the most because they’re calculating and less likely to get the comeuppance.

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2020 6:44 PM

R6 is a Karen herself. If she could cough on everyone in this thread, she would.

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2020 7:15 PM

I hope she is identified and arrested. People are being criminally charged for intentionally coughing on someone else. Jacksonville has already made arrests for it. CPS needs to be involved too.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2020 7:19 PM

And r12 if someone did threads complaining about black women you would be quiet as a church mouse.......

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2020 11:15 PM

She should be arrested for blocking the exit of the service agents.

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2020 11:55 PM

ENOUGH WITH SHARING VIDEOS OF ORDINARY SCHMUCKS AND MAKING THEIR LIVES HELL!!!

Yes, they're assholes, but the world is full of assholes, and there are bigger assholes in the world to worry about that stupid schmucks like this. If you want to pick on an asshole, how about sharing videos of Trump or his evil minions being evil, or homophobic ministers urging their congregations to take away our rights, or some public figure? Costing some ordinary asshole their livelihood by making them viral isn't a moral thing to do, it's actually worse behavior than being a dick at some retail counter.

"No snowflake in an avalanche thinks it's responsible for the damage".

by Anonymousreply 25June 27, 2020 12:59 AM

How is asking people to be accountable for their treatment of others worse than being abusive and dangerously irresponsible?

How did we become so selfish and entitled?

by Anonymousreply 26June 27, 2020 1:07 AM

R6 I agree. Most of the Karen-Chasers are like sanctimonious Blue-stockings being perpetually disgusted by others.

by Anonymousreply 27June 27, 2020 1:12 AM

What part of GOING OUT OF BUSINESS - ALL SALES FINAL does this bitch not understand?

by Anonymousreply 28June 27, 2020 1:26 AM

Betcha every single person who shares these "Karen" videos thinks they're against cyberbullying.

by Anonymousreply 29June 27, 2020 2:35 AM

Yep R29. It is akin to every person on the Internet is a perfect driver. It is that other guy who is a shitty driver.

by Anonymousreply 30June 27, 2020 3:01 AM

A swift kick in the cunt is what she needs. Thousands of people have lost their job at Pier One and this selfish bitch cares only about herself.

by Anonymousreply 31June 27, 2020 3:04 AM

I want to hear apologies from Debra Vecchio Hunter's family and her extended family. From her employer. Her husband's employer. Her church; her priest or pastor. Her homeowners' association.

I want to see Debra Vecchio Hunter's life permanently torn to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 32June 27, 2020 3:15 AM

What an awful human being.

Well, on the bright side, at least she’s not procreating, bringing children into this world and setting a poor example of how to co-exist with oth—oh my fucking gawd....!!!!

by Anonymousreply 33June 27, 2020 3:16 AM

[quote] that’s what smart Karen’s do.

Oh, dear.

[quote]The Karen’s like that scare me the most because they’re calculating and less likely to get the comeuppance.

And again.

STOP USING APOSTROPHES TO MAKE PLURALS. It's not that difficult, people.

by Anonymousreply 34June 27, 2020 3:19 AM

There are lots of assholes running around. After 20, 40, 60 years, they still haven't learned how to treat other people respectfully. Receiving criticism on a global scale and having your employer shaken really helps you learn your lesson, and it serves as a warning to other assholes.

by Anonymousreply 35June 27, 2020 3:20 AM

It's a numbers game for these entitled assholes. If you treat 10 people/stores like shit, then perhaps at least one will cave in and give you what you want to end the abuse. That means to get your freebies, you have to basically treat every service worker you encounter like shit.

by Anonymousreply 36June 27, 2020 3:24 AM

Karen needs to have her ass beat.

by Anonymousreply 37June 27, 2020 3:27 AM

Debra Vecchio Hunter's VRBO listing. What doe the Tasteful Friends say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 27, 2020 4:10 AM

If you berate service people until they give you freebies, then you'll be able to own a property like that, too. It's always the rich who are the stingiest. I wonder if that item pictured on her phone is in that house.

by Anonymousreply 39June 27, 2020 4:17 AM

Who cares about this?

by Anonymousreply 40June 27, 2020 4:30 AM

She behaves like this all the time apparently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 27, 2020 12:15 PM

Does anyone remember the news story where some woman was confronted by a news team for abusive public behavior and she kept saying “It’s my hot Italian blood!” LOL good times

by Anonymousreply 42June 27, 2020 12:25 PM

R34: Karen

by Anonymousreply 43June 27, 2020 8:08 PM

Update: This bitch has been charged with assault.

Shopper who coughed on a cancer patient at Florida Pier 1 arrested on assault charge

I tried linking the Miami Herald article but Datalounge will not allow me. Recently DL has been disallowing linking to many website, particularly news sites and YouTube. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 44August 3, 2020 10:26 PM

Shut the fuck up R12.

by Anonymousreply 45August 3, 2020 10:40 PM

To ask the people screeching about leaving these "poor" Karens alone just remember most have been outed as Trump lovers.

by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2020 11:01 PM

She has a hell of a scam going. If she can collect a refund for something by picture she never has to return it.

by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2020 11:08 PM

I hope this cunt has to pay a HUGE fine.

by Anonymousreply 48August 4, 2020 2:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!