Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Whoopi Goldberg - "Great WHITE Way" Needs To Change

On The View Whoopi Goldberg said she is going to advocate that "Great WHITE Way" to describe Broadway be changed to

"Great BRIGHT Way"

Agree?

by Anonymousreply 55June 29, 2020 4:33 PM

She sounds bored.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2020 6:36 PM

She's taking the piss.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2020 6:40 PM

The best part of that segment was Megcunt McCain saying she had never heard Broadway referred to as "the Great White Way."

The bitch lives in New York City. Can she possibly be that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2020 6:40 PM

But is is white-white?

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2020 6:40 PM

Whoopi is so damn dumb.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2020 6:40 PM

She's dumb or she knows her audience.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2020 6:44 PM

They should change all the bulbs to black lights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2020 6:47 PM

[quote] Can she possibly be that stupid?

Have you watched her on that show? The answer is not yes. It's HELL FUCKIN' YES!

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2020 6:47 PM

Whoopi is very disadvantaged. She’s only worth $60 million dollars and earned ONLY $12 million for Sister Act 2, becoming the highest paid actress ever at the time. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2020 6:51 PM

How much did she have to pay out in her divorces?

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2020 6:52 PM

If I'm not mistaken the name comes from "Broadway" being an early adopter of incandescent streetlights.

It's an old relic of a term that implies elegance and grander--qualities that have been increasingly diminishing in B'way shows during the course of Meghan's lifetime. Someone who grew up in the DC glitterati wouldn't be fazed by the Broadway she saw upon arrival in the past half decade.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2020 6:53 PM

Whoopi “rape rape” Goldberg is a fool. Shouldn’t she be defending Mel Gibson after Winona Ryder’s latest interview?

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2020 6:54 PM

Well the name “Broad”way itself is troublesome. It is disrespectful to women to refer to them as “broads”.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2020 6:56 PM

Just call it The Merman--- Merperson--- Ethel. Just call it Ethel.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2020 7:02 PM

I buy a bulb called white light. Are they going to change the name of that too? Will it become illegal to even say the word white anymore. When I order white bed sheets or a comforter what will it be called in the future. Will tooth whitener products be renamed.

This is becoming insane. When is someone in power going to have the guts to say ENOUGH! Granted maybe no other ethnic group, at least among white people, Irish, Italian, have been treated as badly as black people in America's history, but there is such a thing as taking things too far. Can a black person who commits a very serious crime even be arrested anymore? Of course someone shouldn't be killed for such minor things as being drunk or selling an single cigarette, but if you know something is a crime, don't do it. I've managed to get though my life without ever committing a crime, other than maybe jaywalking. I didn't grow up rich or even well to do. There were lots of things in life, to this day, I've had to do without. That's life.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2020 7:13 PM

Effie W--aite, we all got pain.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2020 7:14 PM

Joy Behar also advocated for changing many words in the dictionary including "Black Sheep" and "blacklist" and, no, I am not kidding.

What the fuck happened to Behar anyway? She used to be funny and now she's like the sad aunt you invite because you have to, then place in a corner so she can smoke and leave crusty lipstick on the cigarette butt. Ugly inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2020 7:24 PM

We're a nation that just went through a toilet paper shortage, r15 & r17.

They are just as absurd now as that was then. Personally, I say let it out, hear how stupid you sound, and move on from there rather than suffering in silent indignation.

(I also hope that works in the reverse as the GOP keeps--literally--pounding the table about how Christianity is being stripped from them. I'd rather have them sound baboonish in public than behind closed Fakebook groups).

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2020 7:29 PM

The Great White Way is referring to the white light bulbs of Broadway. Its an old term. It does not refer in any way to race.

Keep it "The Great White Way." Not everything needs to be changed especially when it's a harmless expression. If you don't know what the expression means, then do your research before suggesting changing it.

Should we also eliminate expressions such as "pitch black?" What about "back sheep of the family." It doesn't mean race; it just means "the different one of the family."

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2020 7:47 PM

Are right-handed people bothered by the association with "right wing"?

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2020 7:52 PM

She needs to go after White Christmas and the people who suggest a white Christmas is preferable to a non-white Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2020 7:59 PM

I want to see revivals of "Death of a Salesman" and "'night Mother" on The Great Bright Way!

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2020 8:14 PM

Well, R22, this is from the DC production of Death Of A Salesman:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2020 8:17 PM

I'm dreaming of a briiiiiiiight Christmas...

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2020 8:18 PM

White Elephant White Lie White Wash

ALL ARE EVIL WORDS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2020 8:36 PM

Anyone who agrees with Whoopi should be declared mentally retarded and put in a care home.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2020 8:39 PM

We could make it the Great Wide Way which should make it easier for her.

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2020 8:41 PM

Has Whoopi ever expressed objection to "Black Friday"?

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2020 8:44 PM

R17, Of all the hosts, Joy is missing the in studio hair, makeup and lighting most of all.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2020 8:47 PM

And while all of this is being debated, the Trump administration just confirmed it's 200th judge. Not a single black person appointed by this administration.

You would think that would be a more pressing issue.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2020 9:00 PM

So has this shitty show finally jumped the shark? They decimated this thing, it used to be a decent informative show when Barbara was running it. Change the name of it to "The Sewage".

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2020 9:04 PM

Is Meghan even allowed to say how ridiculous all of this PC nonsense is? She seems muzzled lately. On The Talk it nothing but BLM and white privilege talk all the time.

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2020 9:06 PM

[quote] And while all of this is being debated, the Trump administration just confirmed it's 200th judge. Not a single black person appointed by this administration.You would think that would be a more pressing issue.

Exactly, R30. By rational averages there should be at least 26.

But on my spins through conservative social media today I noticed that everyone is stressing that we need to move on from seeing race...that race doesn't matter...that Black history is American history so we need to eliminate Black History Month.

If you were to point that fact out to them, they would call you racist because patriotic Americans don't care about race--only racists!

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2020 9:06 PM

I'm dreaming of a BRIGHT Christmas, just like the ones I used to know.

Snow BRIGHT and the Seven Little Male Persons.

Knights in BRIGHT Satin, never reaching the end . . .

by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2020 9:30 PM

WOKE!

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2020 1:54 AM

Faggot Alley?

Cocksucker Lane?

Boulevard of Big Bottoms?

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2020 2:03 AM

Also, R22, Don't forget this was supposed to happen...but didn't...but maybe could...

Would that solve the problem?

[quote] Famed talk show host, Academy Award nominee and Broadway producer Oprah Winfrey is in talks to make her Broadway debut in a revival of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play 'night, Mother, opposite five-time Tony Award winner Audra McDonald, according to the New York Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2020 2:11 AM

In fairness, from now on, when a show closes, we can say the theatre has gone darkie.

by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2020 4:47 AM

I thought Whoopi was above such nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2020 5:16 AM

Once "Theodore Rex" is on your resume you're not above much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2020 5:21 AM

Are you kidding? "Nonsense" is The View's middle name.

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2020 3:35 PM

Why does this bag of shit get a free pass for doing "blackface"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 3:42 AM

Was she joking? It sounds like a joke.

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 3:50 AM

Was she joking? It sounds like a joke.

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 3:50 AM

"Bright" is also problematic. What's the opposite of bright? Dull, dark, and dumb. At some point, everything is problematic!

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 3:59 AM

Just to keep it real and not get things twisted up, Whoopie lives in a gated, white community.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 4:03 AM

And speaking of Whoopi, is Barbara Walters so far gone into dementia that she no longer makes public appearances? Or is she too embarrassed to show her face on The View?

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2020 4:05 AM

R47, it's been rumoured for 2-3 years that Wawa Walters is in stages of severe dementia or Alzheimer's. The last pic I saw of her, she looked like a shell of herself. I was never a fan of her, but I'd never wish that on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2020 4:08 AM

[quote]it's been rumoured for 2-3 years that Wawa Walters is in stages of severe dementia or Alzheimer's.

Yeah, last week she was seen wandering down Central Park West exclaiming what a big dick Roy Cohn had. Poor dear!

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2020 4:13 AM

[quote] Martin Luther King Jr., Anne Frank, and Barbara Walters are all the same age (born in 1929).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2020 5:16 AM

Why did God take Anne and MLK at young ages, but allow Barbara to live for decades and inflict The View upon the world?

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2020 5:26 AM

R49, you win!

by Anonymousreply 52June 29, 2020 6:07 AM

Well, fuck me!

by Anonymousreply 53June 29, 2020 7:05 AM

Whoopi was absolutely serious but it was an idea that was told to her, not her own, which she said up front. She thought it was a great idea. Joy jumped in with removing "blacklist", etc. Lunacy.

by Anonymousreply 54June 29, 2020 4:27 PM

Everyone on The View is given their point to argue. Raven didn't think up that "Watermelondrea" stuff. She agreed to "sell it", though.

by Anonymousreply 55June 29, 2020 4:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!