Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did anyone in your high school die?

If so, what happened? How did everyone react?

A girl entering my district high school died in a tropical helicopter crash the summer before her freshman year. Because very few people knew her, it wasn’t as discussed much.

by Anonymousreply 168June 29, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote] Did anyone in your high school die?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2020 5:58 AM

Senior year. Drunk driving.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2020 5:59 AM

Yes. A girl was murdered by her cousin who cut her feet off and dumped her in the Thames.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2020 6:00 AM

A guy I was in homeroom with died of autoerotic asphyxiation at 16. They didn't come right out and say it, they said it was an accidental hanging.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2020 6:00 AM

Freshman year.

Science teacher; he was in his 20s and engaged.

he was a hard ass, telling us if we had any typos in our papers or charts we'd regret it.

I hated high school.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2020 6:01 AM

One died of leukemia, one drowned herself in a sea.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2020 6:02 AM

One of the more popular senior males choked to death on his own vomit at a party.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2020 6:03 AM

One guy died in my 10th grade class when he was riding with his best friend after school and they went like 90 mph around a curve on a dirt road. The guy driving lived, and was never the same after that.

Another girl died literally the night before we graduated. We didn't find out until one of the vice principals announced it at graduation practice. The girl also in a car accident, but I don't recall the details. No one really liked her (she had some of the worst BO and acne I've ever been around), but the VP said they were still calling her name at graduation and, "You all better stand up and clap for her." It was very surreal.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2020 6:06 AM

[quote] Yes. A girl was murdered by her cousin who cut her feet off and dumped her in the Thames.

And that girl was Mary, Queen of Scots.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2020 6:09 AM

[quote] one drowned herself in a sea

Which sea?

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2020 6:15 AM

Two I remember from my own class of when we were seniors.

One boy committed suicide with a gun. There was a rumor he'd been drinking and was playing some kind of Russian Roulette.

The other boy was big into drama class and theatre arts and had driven over to Hollywood to audition for a role and was hit by a car crossing the street and died.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2020 6:15 AM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2020 6:15 AM

In elementary school, one of the boys died of accidental drowning while on vacation. In High school one of my classmates mother died in a car-train crash about 5 blocks from where I now live.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2020 6:18 AM

Yes, High school summer break. Hiking accident.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2020 6:23 AM

His name was Palo. We were both in the Legislative Youth Program. He was a few years older than I: very cute, dark curly hair, dreamy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2020 6:24 AM

I went to a large school so there were probably others, but 2 that I knew personally - one girl who died in an ATV accident, and a boy who was crushed by a car he was working on.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2020 6:27 AM

Two seniors, a guy and girl who were dating, died when their car crashed and burst into flames on the Highland offramp on the Hollywood Freeway. Three passengers in the backseat were able to escape.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2020 6:34 AM

One girl died from Meningitis

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2020 6:38 AM

Senior playing Chicken. He was the passenger on a motor bike. His brother was driving the car behind. The bike driver was slowing down and speeding up. Slowed up too fast and the passenger fell off and his brother ran him over in the car.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2020 6:40 AM

A girl in high school died in her sleep. At least that’s what they told us.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2020 6:40 AM

In 10th grade a girl was coming home late and trying to climb in through her 2nd story window. She fell and was impaled on a fence post and died.

Another girl had a brain aneurysm while absent for a ski trip and was in a coma for a long time but didn't die.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2020 6:51 AM

Two in my graduating class -A boy who died from leukemia sophomore year, and a girl killed in a car accident beginning of junior year.

As a teacher, I have had way too many students and former students die -8th grader who dropped in his tracks from heart failure on the basketball court at lunch; a kindergartener who tried to get something from a high shelf and pulled a heavy bookcase and television on top of himself. Two former students murdered in gang violence. Brother of one of my students murdered -shot in his own bed (which the two boys shared) by a gang that had a grudge against the family. Many car accidents... Several suicides... Kids are not immune from death and violence, and it seems to get worse instead of better.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2020 7:00 AM

Yes, in the summer between freshman and sophomore years, a classmate was involved in a boating accident and drowned. It was announced over the loud speaker when we returned for classes in September. We were young. It was shocking.

by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2020 7:05 AM

One of the school bullies was hit by a truck and killed over the holiday period. Given he was such a cunt nobody expressed sorrow.

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2020 7:12 AM

Not in high school, but when I was in 7th grade, my former best friend and classmate from kindergarten was murdered by robbers. They shot him in the head over drug money to punish his father.

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2020 7:15 AM

At least one girl was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2020 7:19 AM

There was an outbreak of measles and 7 kids died.

One girl in 11th grade got hepatitis and was out for 3 months but didn't die.

Separate from that, one kid got tuberculosis and went away never to be heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2020 7:20 AM

This was in the early 90s. Two teachers were drink driving. I don’t remember who was behind the wheel. They crashed the car against a tree or pole. One was an excellent teacher, the other rather dim. Their deaths came as quite a shock especially given the gruesome scene of the crash. They used to have a plaque dedicated to them. Haven’t been to the school in ages.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2020 7:22 AM

R27 = Olivia de Havilland

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2020 7:22 AM

Fuck you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2020 7:23 AM

This one kid, Neville, died of ennui.

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2020 7:25 AM

Yes. A young woman who was dating one of the few guys who had their own car. There was a steep downward hill next to the school that they sped down and lost control, flipped, and crashed. She died on the spot. He, the driver, lived with some contusions.

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2020 7:33 AM

This one guy was joyriding with his friends when he decided to try hanging onto the car from the outside. He fell off and hit his head on the curb.

I didn't know him and most people in our school didn't care but I have a crystal clear memory of the day after because of one of my friends knew him well and I can't forget what she looked like when she found out.

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2020 7:36 AM

Montgomery High School, Santa Rosa, CA, around 1960, a bunch of kids were joyriding during the noon hour and their car crashed into a tree on Bennett Valley Road. One person was killed. This resulted in a closed campus at noon from that time forward. Thanks a lot, whoever was driving! (I forget who it was and who was killed).

by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2020 7:51 AM

Not so dramatic, but we’d just finished a week of exam practice, my best friend at school wasn’t feeling too well, and when we came back the following Monday, it was announced that he’d died of pneumonia over the weekend. I cried in front of the other vile kids, and then got beaten up for being a sissy. It was a rotten school, I’ve always regarded myself as self-educated.

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2020 8:00 AM

A guy in our school who was obsessed with one of my Haggathas jumped off an overpass after she rejected him. He was finished off by a semi truck. She was not into straight men at the time.

by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2020 8:08 AM

We had a girl die of mono. I remember one of my teachers breaking down in tears when he told us.

Another girl was killed in a car accident along with three others from another school district.

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2020 8:17 AM

My cousin was hit by a car as she was walking on the sidewalk. The driver was drunk and dragged her halfway down the street, stopped at a convenience store, went inside, and told the people there that he thought he hit a dog. She was taken to the hospital, but died soon after. When her mother confronted the man, he said, "Well, you have another daughter...." as if that should make all the difference in the world.

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2020 8:28 AM

Pretty much everyone but me.

by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2020 8:31 AM

My best friend, the first boy that I told that I loved him, got sick from non-hodgkin's lymphoma our sophomore year and died my junior year. I'm still close to his family after over thirty years.

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2020 8:37 AM

R40 I’m so sorry for your loss. Did he love you too?

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2020 9:05 AM

A girl from another class got run over by a bus, her head got under the frontwheel. She fell.

by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2020 9:16 AM

Freshman year two girls skipped school and went driving around and were hit by an 18 wheeler, the passenger died, the girl driving lived. I think they were drinking or were high or something.

Junior year a girl died huffing. . At least that was the rumor going around.

Senior year a girl was killed in a car accident, another senior boy died in a house fire

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2020 9:33 AM

Two car accidents

One fall

One suicide

One cancer

by Anonymousreply 44June 24, 2020 9:38 AM

Yes, r41, he told me that he loved me, but I'm not sure if it was in the same way. I don't know if he was gay or not. I did find out years later that he had saved all the letters that I had written to him while he was in the hospital. His brother has them now.

by Anonymousreply 45June 24, 2020 9:38 AM

I died daily during gym class, forced to strip naked with my hot classmates and not get a hard on. I was always late for my next class because I had to rush to a bathroom stall and JO.

by Anonymousreply 46June 24, 2020 9:44 AM

Immediately after high school one girl got very heavily involved in drugs and became very paranoid. She eventually went to Byron Bay with like minded people and soon after she had jumped off a cliff.

In primary school (he would have been in the 1st grade) we had a classmate who was murdered by his mother. :( She had schizophrenia I think. The school had a memorial garden created in his memory. with a plaque.

by Anonymousreply 47June 24, 2020 10:10 AM

No.

I went to a high school of Immortals.

Immortal High.

Too bad being immortal makes you unimaginative.

by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2020 10:47 AM

OP, I once knew a girl at school. And then she died!

by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2020 10:48 AM

What was on their Walkmen?

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2020 10:49 AM

No. Everyone at my high school is immortal. No one has ever died,

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2020 10:49 AM

A friend of mine drowned while out swimming in a creek with his best friend. The best friend survived and people made his life hell for it, all these rednecks saying, "You should have died trying to save him!" It was disgusting. He was devastated. I was the only person who hung around him for weeks because of it, and all these little Beckys-in-training were telling me I should ignore him. I wanted to punch every single one of those "good Christians."

Another friend was beaten to death by a drugged-up piece of shit who had a moment of "gay panic." It was in 1990 and happened in the larger city I now live in. The murderer comes up for parole every so often and half the town turns out to say they'd better keep that bastard in jail, and they do. I'm glad.

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2020 10:55 AM

Teenage suicide, don't do it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2020 11:01 AM

Junior high: my friend’s 14 year old brother was killed in a car crash

Senior high: two boys in the year behind me-one died from a brain aneurysm and other was hit by a train.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2020 12:32 PM

Well first it was Hannah, then Bryce and Montgomery and we were weeks away graduation and don’t you know Justin dies.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2020 12:44 PM

^^^Oh, just remembered also Jeff in a car accident, just so many to remeber.

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2020 12:45 PM

There was a couple that was kidnapped so the perps could use their car to hold up stores. At the end of the night they were taken to a graveyard and unceremoniously shot execution style. He survived.

I took her to the eighth grade prom. Her dad was a Dr and his dad was my baseball coach. Another’s friends dad had to get talked down off a roof downtown where he had perched with a hunting rifle to take out one of the perps as they were being moved.

No charges were filed against him.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2020 12:48 PM

^^Sorry about the S/V agreement.

by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2020 12:49 PM

I'm the only person who died daily in gym class?

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2020 12:52 PM

R57 here.

There was a couple from the same school who were in his little Toyota pickup leaving a FF joint. An 18 wheeler ran a light at full speed and pancaked them right there in front of us.

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2020 12:53 PM

Not high school but elementary school.

I was on a little league team with two brothers - happy, goofy kids and good athletes, too. Their dad was the assistant coach.

After our season ended, their toddler brother drowned unsupervised in the pool. The boys were devastated.

What’s worse, the parents blamed each other and divorced, so what was left of their family was destroyed.

They moved away.

by Anonymousreply 61June 24, 2020 1:06 PM

Ugh. Yes. And I went to a small high school (120 in my graduating class). One girl died in a housefire (with other family members). One kid killed himself. One family had 4 of their teen children die in an ice-related car crash on their way to school. And then just after I graduated, two brothers also died in an ice-related car crash. This was all in Minnesota.

by Anonymousreply 62June 24, 2020 1:10 PM

R62, I'm from Minnesota too - R44.

by Anonymousreply 63June 24, 2020 1:19 PM

I went to a small town k-12 school. When I was in grade 5, a couple guys died in a car crash on grad night. I remember it being a really huge deal, and the funerals each had hundreds of people at them. When I was in grade 9, a guy a couple years older than me hanged himself. He was friends with my brother and used to come over to our house once in awhile. People speculated it was because he couldn't deal with being molested by a priest when he was younger. I think people had that view because the priest eventually was charged with molesting a few boys. I always wondered, though, if he couldn't deal with his sexuality. Not that there was any definitive proof - it was just a notion I had because he had girls after him, but he didn't seem interested. His suicide really hit me, though. I always saw him as a kind person, but also maybe a bit sad. It seemed a bit too close to home at the time, and it's only as I got older that I realized why.

by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2020 1:22 PM

young guy hanged himself.

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2020 1:24 PM

R38 Miss Lucy, what happened to the guy? Was he arrested, jailed, executed?

by Anonymousreply 66June 24, 2020 1:27 PM

5 kids were murdered at the prom. Seems some of them were involved in the death of a girl 6 years earlier. So sad

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2020 1:27 PM

Puhleeze!

by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2020 1:28 PM

He should have been shot, but he was fined and did a much too brief sentence in the local correctional center (Canadian-ese for "jail.") I'm not sure what you'd have to do here to merit a long sentence.

by Anonymousreply 69June 24, 2020 1:32 PM

I died in the showers every day, r59.

by Anonymousreply 70June 24, 2020 1:33 PM

^^^Comment directed to R66

by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2020 1:33 PM

A suicide, a car crash, and 2 murders, one by a deranged ex and one by a deranged neighbor (but the neighbor was probably egged on by by the victim, knowing him). And this was all within the first 5 years or so after graduation, and from a very wealthy private religious school, in the same graduating class of maybe 100 kids. I haven't kept up with anyone from high school, so who knows who else has dropped dead since.

by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2020 1:58 PM

Freshman year, a girl the grade above me died in a four-wheeling accident while on a trip for the weekend--the thing flipped over on her and crushed her to death. I remember the principal making an announcement on the following Monday morning and the entire week being very strange and somber.

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2020 2:09 PM

As I remember it now, over 50 years later, there were 4 students who died during my high school years. 2 died in a traffic accident. The driver was smoking pot at the time it turned out. He ran through a stop sign and went across a major highway and was creamed by an 18 wheeler. 1 died from brain cancer. And the last one was murdered. He and his mother were murdered by a man who had been doing yard work for them for many years. It was early in the morning and the son heard his mother's screams and he jumped out of bed and ran into the kitchen to find the man stabbing his mother. He fought the man and ended up getting stabbed himself and dying on the floor alongside his mother. Their bodies were found by the father (an optometrist) when he came home from the office that evening. If you visit their graves today, at the foot of each of their slabs the words 'SHE WAS MURDERED" & "HE WAS MURDERED" are carved into the marble.

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2020 2:12 PM

I don't recall.

by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2020 2:27 PM

Not while we were in high school but the summer between graduation and college. This guy was actually going to the same program in the same college I went to (6 of us from a class of about 250). He was helping his dad fix something on the roof of their house and he touched a live wire and electrocuted himself.

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2020 2:34 PM

Teddy sniffing glue, he was 12 years old Fell from the roof on East Two-nine Cathy was 11 when she pulled the plug On 26 reds and a bottle of wine Bobby got leukemia, 14 years old He looked like 65 when he died He was a friend of mine

G-berg and Georgie let their gimmicks go rotten So they died of hepatitis in upper Manhattan Sly in Vietnam took a bullet in the head Bobby OD'd on Drano on the night that he was wed They were two more friends of mine Two more friends that died

Mary took a dry dive from a hotel room Bobby hung himself from a cell in the tombs Judy jumped in front of a subway train Eddie got slit in the jugular vein And Eddie, I miss you more than all the others And I salute you brother

Herbie pushed Tony from the Boys' Club roof Tony thought that his rage was just some goof But Herbie sure gave Tony some, some bitchin' proof "Hey," Herbie said, "Tony, can you fly?" But Tony couldn't fly, Tony died

Brian got busted on a narco rap He beat the rap by rattin' on some bikers He said, "Hey, I know it's dangerous, but it sure beats Riker's" But the next day he got offed by the very same bikers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 24, 2020 2:34 PM

not until the summer after graduation. A guy was given a new car by his father for graduation; a week later he wrapped it around a telephone pole.

by Anonymousreply 78June 24, 2020 2:35 PM

Honey, in the 80s, high school kids died left and right. Drinking and driving was actually almost encouraged. In my senior year, four guys and a girl all died in a wreck returning from an all night bar tour at the beach. Of course, I was upset. But, I did wonder if the girl had fucked everyone in the car or just the stupid driver.

by Anonymousreply 79June 24, 2020 2:39 PM

Multiple over the years. As for when I was in high school, a distant cousin of mine who was also attending there died in a plane crash.

by Anonymousreply 80June 24, 2020 2:47 PM

Yes, with a shot in the head during an armed mugging attempt gone wrong. To nobody's surprise, we're from a big city in South America.

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2020 3:02 PM

R75 That's cold. But I was thinking the same thing...

by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2020 3:06 PM

Freshman year, a classmate fell while climbing a tree and landed on power lines that ran through the branches.

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2020 3:12 PM

R44 - ice-related accidents are kind of just a way of life in MN. At least I remember it that way! I don't live in the US anymore, so I have sort of glamourized growing up where people died in natural disasters all the time. Ha. I digress. Back to dead teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 84June 24, 2020 3:40 PM

A woman I went to HS with recently died of alcoholism. Another kid died in a car crash right after HS.

by Anonymousreply 85June 24, 2020 3:45 PM

There were two deaths

-In my freshman year, a boy in the senior class died in a motorcycle accident in the fall. In the spring, a girl in the junior class died of brain cancer.

by Anonymousreply 86June 24, 2020 3:47 PM

Strange, I was just thinking yesterday of a girl who was shot and killed the semester after she graduated, while sitting in her car in the wee hours after a date. The case is still unsolved decades later.

And, R31, this thread really does sound like the Gashlycrumb Tinies.

by Anonymousreply 87June 24, 2020 4:16 PM

[quote] I'm not sure what you'd have to do here to merit a long sentence.

Refuse to label your product in both French and English.

by Anonymousreply 88June 24, 2020 4:20 PM

High school was fifty years ago so I can hardly remember. I had a very large high school around 1400 student, 365 in my graduation class. Several died in car accidents but only one of them did I even know. I do remember one very hot young male teacher who I thought might be gay, wrapped his car around a tree in a single car accident, I always wondered if it was a suicide. His death seemed to affect the most people.

by Anonymousreply 89June 24, 2020 4:24 PM

Just curious where that occurred, R61--I know a similar story

by Anonymousreply 90June 24, 2020 4:47 PM

We had several, two that I can remember -

Kid died 10 years later after accidental drowning. Alcohol related. Son of a prominent Italian-American family heavily involved in SF politics.

Another kid died in DUI accident not too far from above's home. Alcohol related as well.

Went to a fancy Catholic high school in SF where the priests were always catching these same kids getting drunk on campus and at events. Slap on wrists.

by Anonymousreply 91June 24, 2020 4:52 PM

In my high school there were identical twin sisters and one of them got that 80s thing (toxic something) where women had tampons in too long. She didn't die, but she was brain dead and physically disabled. The school had a program for the mentally handicapped and it was creepy seeing the healthy twin next to the now brain-damaged twin.

The summer after graduation a guy who was an asshole (in general and specifically to me) was murdered in some kind of drug dealer altercation. His decomposing body was found months later. I was conflicted about having a bit of schadenfreude.

by Anonymousreply 92June 24, 2020 5:20 PM

High school guidance counselor took a lunch break during my junior year and went home to hang himself from the lighting fixture in the front hall of his home. His son, who was my classmate, discovered the body. Don’t anybody say it was an After School Special because it was really tragic.

by Anonymousreply 93June 24, 2020 5:29 PM

In high school our superintendent refused to cancel school one shitty day we were having an ice storm because there was a huge basketball rivalry game scheduled for that night and under state law if you canceled school you had to cancel any sporting events that same day. Two teachers were killed in a car accident while trying to commute to school that morning. The superintendent dropped dead from a heart attack a couple of months later. I remember how cold the teachers were when news of his death was announced.

by Anonymousreply 94June 24, 2020 5:57 PM

Murdered by a teacher in a neighboring school district. No known connection between the two. There was a rumble that night on their turf, however.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 24, 2020 5:59 PM

Yes -- a girl died from dehydration after partying with ecstasy, prompting an assembly and a neverending drug awareness month about the evils of narcotics.

by Anonymousreply 96June 24, 2020 6:03 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 97June 24, 2020 6:05 PM

Yes four.

Two suicides.

One pedestrian walking along a dark rural road killed by a car driven by another student leaving the same party as the pedestrian.

One killed when he fell out of the back of a truck - bunch of drunk teens in the bed of a small pick-up truck. Driver took the corner too fast and tipped over. One was killed, another seriously injured.

by Anonymousreply 98June 24, 2020 6:13 PM

"Honey, in the 80s, high school kids died left and right. "

Say that again. We had a few. A lovely south african kid who moved to the states, came to my high school and couldnt deal. He was a brilliant artist. Jumped off his grandmother's roof in Queens NY high on mescaline.

Another guy, who I had a total crush on (he looked like Matt Dillon in The Outsiders) shot himself in the head during a party. He snuck off into a bedroom and did the deed.

There were several other suicides.

The one that sticks in my head was a girl in my grade, Adrian. I went to high school with the author Darin Strauss and he accidentally killed her...she was riding her bike near the beach and swerved into traffic. Darin just happened to be driving by at that moment and hit her. It was awful. Years later he ended up writing a gripping memoir about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2020 6:15 PM

R93, that sounds like an After School Special.

by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2020 6:21 PM

A few.

by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2020 6:22 PM

[quote]There was a rumble that night on their turf, however.

Who won, the Jets or Sharks?

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2020 6:23 PM

There was a boy in my class who got electrocuted over the Christmas break. He sat on a fruitcake and a currant ran up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 103June 24, 2020 6:30 PM

Three of the most popular kids in school died my freshman year in a plane crash. One of their dads had a private plane, and was flying them to spring break in Florida. Killed them all.

I'll never forget school the following week. Everyone was completely quiet--walking in the halls, in the cafeteria, etc. 2,000 students - just stunned silence.

They were all really nice kids. It was a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 104June 24, 2020 6:35 PM

One went down with Titanic and several from the Spanish flu.

by Anonymousreply 105June 24, 2020 6:45 PM

Just the ones I murdered, OP.

by Anonymousreply 106June 24, 2020 6:51 PM

Just the student bodies hopes and dreams OP.

by Anonymousreply 107June 24, 2020 6:56 PM

Yes, in the Air India bombing. I didn't know him well although his locker was directly across from mine so the shock of hearing the news of the event was suddenly compounded when the names of those on board were released. Coincidentally that attack happened 35 years ago yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 108June 24, 2020 6:56 PM

A bully asshole was killed by a drive by shooter in front of his house. It was the wrong house or something.

I smirked.

by Anonymousreply 109June 24, 2020 7:01 PM

Some classmates attended a rock concert in upstate NY. While walking back to their car afterwards on a dimly lit road, one guy was hit a car and died.

by Anonymousreply 110June 24, 2020 7:12 PM

A popular teacher in my high school was gunned down outside his home one morning as he was getting ready to go to school. The case is still unsolved, but there is a prime suspect, a former student who grew up to have ties to organized crime, did time in a federal prison, and was seen partying with the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 111June 24, 2020 7:13 PM

Two bothers, not twins, who died when the older one's MG hit a tree. Drinking was involved.

One playing hockey. Paulie was a great kid but he had an un-diagnosed heart problem and died on the ice.

One brother of a friend of mine who committed suicide at 18 because: incest. The surviving brother didn't tell me the reason until he was 30 and the father got off scot-free.

Two guys I'd known in high school (one in the biblical sense) died in Vietnam when I was a senior. I was a mess when I saw his name on the Vietnam Memorial thirty years later.

Not dead, but it was his life: my high school history teacher and assistant coach got busted (a decade after I was outta there) with a trunkload of cocaine and a lot of illegal guns. He got 25 years and died in prison.

by Anonymousreply 112June 24, 2020 7:18 PM

By anyone, I'm assuming you mean teachers, so yes. An obviously gay (to me), very high-strung math teacher in his 20s shot himself one weekend. His mother came to my AP calculus class and yelled at us because he apparently told her that we were making him crazy. She was finally dragged out by the police, and we had a sub for the rest of the year. We did give him hell, but no more than any other teacher, in fact, he got-off pretty easy.

by Anonymousreply 113June 24, 2020 7:33 PM

R103 And were YOU that fruitcake?

by Anonymousreply 114June 24, 2020 7:35 PM

A girl I knew pretty well because her sister was in my year died at school of an asthma attack. It was a terrible shock for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 115June 24, 2020 7:41 PM

R101 meet R97.

by Anonymousreply 116June 24, 2020 7:51 PM

[quote] Another guy, who I had a total crush on (he looked like Matt Dillon in The Outsiders) shot himself in the head during a party. He snuck off into a bedroom and did the deed.

Was the party at his house? If not, his behavior was unforgivably rude.

by Anonymousreply 117June 24, 2020 7:54 PM

You people have such much excitement.

No one in my high school died while I was there, but a recent graduate was rather famously murdered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 24, 2020 8:05 PM

A year behind me, a kid killed himself over not getting accepted to his top-choice college. One girl died in a car crash after graduation - freshman year of college, I think. Oh, and a kid when I was in elementary school was jumping off his bed and got his shirt caught on a bedpost -- and was strangled.

by Anonymousreply 119June 24, 2020 11:30 PM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 120June 25, 2020 1:12 AM

My junior year one of the more suave drama guys started a relationship with the popular (and married!) English teacher, whose eldest daughter was in the same grade. Divorce followed, and her kids didn’t talk to her for awhile.

Oh, who died? The fetus. I guess young sperm is super-viable.

by Anonymousreply 121June 25, 2020 2:11 AM

R120, meet R68.

by Anonymousreply 122June 25, 2020 2:22 AM

A senior in my high school got killed by a weasel. He was walking down the railroad tracks and didn't hear the weasel.

by Anonymousreply 123June 25, 2020 3:33 AM

R123 was it the rabies?

by Anonymousreply 124June 25, 2020 3:56 AM

James Glass killed by serial killer Dean Corll.

by Anonymousreply 125June 25, 2020 4:30 AM

In eighth grade, three guys were trying to get high, so they let off a canister of Freon in the closed car. Kelly died and he was the funniest and nicest kid in school. The other two lived and they were trash, I wished they had died instead to this day and it was back in 1978 I think.

by Anonymousreply 126June 25, 2020 5:09 AM

Three girls were killed in the crash of Pan Am Flight 759. IIRC, they had been on a cruise and were returning home to Las Vegas. A cute blond boy was killed in a car crash. He wasn't wearing his seat belt but the other two guys were and they survived. Gossip was they were drunk and all coked up. This was the town's private Catholic high school and lots of kids came from rich families. I had previously attended public school, and I was amazed at all the trouble these rich kids were constantly getting into: drugs, drunken car crashes, shoplifting, ditching school, and it seemed like a LOT of sexual activity. I witnessed a very uptight, controlling English teacher had a nervous breakdown right in class. She started screaming and crying and slamming her desk. Other teachers heard her, and came running in and hustled her out of the room. She never returned to class, but we students were thrilled because Mrs. Quinn had been such a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 127June 25, 2020 8:21 AM

I never met him, but there was rumored to have been a boy in whose high school class I would have been when I transferred schools in 11th grade who cut his own head off with a chain saw.

by Anonymousreply 128June 25, 2020 10:22 AM

A girl was dismembered when her scarf got caught in a snowblower.

by Anonymousreply 129June 25, 2020 12:51 PM

A recent graduate, R118? Honey, that case is from 1977!

by Anonymousreply 130June 26, 2020 1:20 AM

We had a lot of deaths.

One girl was electrocuted (somehow) while sitting in a car stuck in snow. The police never figured it out.

A boy died when he fell off the edge of a tunnel trying to jump onto a train with some friends. He spent the night being run over by trains on the rail.

Another boy died when he was spinning a dart tied to a string and it came off, speeding straight into his eye.

A boy and girl were killed in separate car crashes.

And one kid died of cancer.

This was out of my class and the one behind it - about 130 students in all.

And after high school we had three AIDS deaths and four more cancer deaths. And a work-related injury death.

by Anonymousreply 131June 26, 2020 1:27 AM

Recent in comparison to when I was in high school, genius, not in comparison to now.

by Anonymousreply 132June 26, 2020 2:40 AM

Yes. All of them except Sue Snell.

by Anonymousreply 133June 26, 2020 3:24 AM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 134June 26, 2020 3:39 AM

One of the guys who bullied me died in a car crash. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 135June 26, 2020 3:41 AM

How about a Carrie reference?

by Anonymousreply 136June 26, 2020 4:08 AM

R108, I can’t believe I’m asking this, but... WHICH Air India bombing? I was on a delayed flight, as a child, to Tokyo. When we arrived, we parked next to the bombed out gate of AI301.

It was my first international flight, and it was a BIG to do! But then later, AI182 exploded.

by Anonymousreply 137June 26, 2020 5:23 AM

Yeah two that I know of, one in a car crash and one in a motorbike accident (they were crashed into by the bike).

I wasn't that close to either of them and didn't go to the funerals, but I was friends with people who were closer to them and it really messed them up - you think at that age that death is a long way away until you find out it's not.

by Anonymousreply 138June 26, 2020 9:58 AM

Yes, he died of cancer right after we finished HS. I didn't like him as he was a bully and his parents were racists. My mom thought it would be a nice gesture if I attended his funeral. Sitting there in church pretending to care and greeting his parents afterward was the greatest acting performance anyone has ever performed.

by Anonymousreply 139June 26, 2020 10:51 AM

Shortly after the homecoming football game my junior year, one of the football players from the opposing school shot and killed our school's quarterback in the parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 140June 26, 2020 1:41 PM

Senior year our high school had a trip for her drama students to London. One night on the trip one of the students had a brain anyerusm in her sleep. Needless to say, when everyone woke up she was dead in bed. It was very sad.

When I was 14 my next door neighbor was hit by a construction beam on the school bus. It flew off a Toll brothers truck... she died on the bus, I think instantly - and her best friend was injured badly. They were only 13. I’ll never forget my mom hearing the news and bursting out in tears. The girls mother had to be sedated at the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 141June 26, 2020 1:50 PM

In the Music Department. The vocal music teacher died. Lots of weeping and wailing over that one.

He was Greek Orthodox. (And a 55 year old bachelor!) The students all turned up at the funeral home to pay their respects and they were greeted by a setting that was a lot more colorful then their local midwestern baptist churches. It was a long time ago. I don't remember all the details, except that things were not as I had seen them before. Most of the students rolled with it, but the baptists were all traumatized. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 142June 26, 2020 1:59 PM

[quote]A girl was dismembered when her scarf got caught in a snowblower.

I love that story!!!

by Anonymousreply 143June 26, 2020 2:02 PM

A girl I was friends with in 8th grade was hit by a car while riding her bike. Her mother was an EMT and, unfortunately, responded to the scene. It was horrific.

I think this happened after graduation but a girl I went to HS with set herself on fire with gasoline. She had been a popular cheerleader all through junior high and high school. Rumor was she couldn't handle being an anonymous kid at her chosen college. She didn't make the cheerleading team either.

As someone else posted, the kids who came to my public HS after attending Catholic school for so many years were a mess! Lots of drinking, drugs, and sex. We could always tell who they were. They dressed in the most outrageous clothes and were generally pains in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 144June 26, 2020 3:50 PM

We were in 10th grade on the way to a classmate's "Sweet 16" party. This girl was a spoiled brat from a rich family, so her parents had hired a party bus to take us from Queens to Jersey. Of course we were all psyched and some of us were drinking from contraband flasks, even though alcohol was obviously forbidden because we were all under drinking age. The birthday girl's parents had also hired a security guard but there were two levels to the bus and only one guard, so half the bus was unguarded either way.

So the guard goes downstairs to talk to the driver, and one of my classmates, an awesome dude who was always down to party, decided to open the roof hatch and check out the scenery. We were all cheering him on until we heard a really loud thump and suddenly blood began to pour from the hatch onto the floor. There was blood splashed on my shoe. People were screaming and freaking out. And the guy fell out of the hatch onto the floor with, I shit you not, the top of his head fucking missing. Blood everywhere, shrieking and screaming and sobbing. I never cleaned the blood off my shoe; left it as a sort of memorial, I guess.

I'll never forget you, Dan Motherfuck.

by Anonymousreply 145June 26, 2020 5:07 PM

How old were you when you in the 10th grade R145? This party bus accident was in 2012, and on another thread, you posted this:

"What is the craziest rumor you've ever heard about a celebrity that you also believe is true

I had a friend in the 80s who mentioned that his friend, a pro domme, had William Shatner as a client. He liked wearing a dog collar and being made to go on all fours and bark. What made this so believable is my friend is a staid and sober person who never before or after told me a single salacious thing. And also the method-acting component. I can so see Shatner doing this. "Woof. WOOF!""

by Anonymousreply 146June 26, 2020 5:20 PM

R145 is a fabulist.

by Anonymousreply 147June 26, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote]Did anyone in your high school die?

At this point, pretty much everyone.

by Anonymousreply 148June 26, 2020 5:31 PM

The father of three little girls at our school crashed his private plane. It wasn’t a private plane for CEOs, it was a little bush plane that crashed in Northern Ontario. It was very sad and made life very hard for the mother of the girls who was in real financial trouble from then on.

by Anonymousreply 149June 26, 2020 5:46 PM

Not High School, but when I was in Middle School we had an 8th grader die by hanging. It was not clear if it was accidental or a suicide. In any event, the day it was announced, school for the day was essentially cancelled and people sat in classrooms crying uncontrollably. I didn't cry, but was in the minority. It struck me as strange at the time, since many kids in my class (the dead kid was in another grade level, higher up than we were at the time) did not know him at all. After hours of kids sitting in classes mourning, we were allowed to wander around outside as a sort of extended recess, and then herded to the front of the school where the Principal, Dr. T., a hippie lady with a lot of strange ideas about education (who I believe was later fired because of her unconventional ways), gave a speech to the entire student body about the incident.

I will never forget sitting there with other kids, most of them still sobbing, and this one kid in my class suddenly lashing out (but not loudly enough to be heard except by those immediately next to him) during the speech with the following statement.

"Shut up Dr. T., or I'll shove a knife in your pussy!"

Years later this memory has cracked me up countless times, but I often wonder what became of the kid who said that! We were in the 6th grade at the time.

by Anonymousreply 150June 26, 2020 7:36 PM

Jesus Christ, what a fucking shocking thing to say. I just clicked over here from the Zodiac thread and forgot which thread I was in.

by Anonymousreply 151June 26, 2020 7:57 PM

A few died during high school years. That generation wasn't into grief culture, so there were no dramatic reactions or therapists brought in to "help".

by Anonymousreply 152June 26, 2020 8:04 PM

A boy died of leukemia in 1st grade.

A boy drowned in a hotel swimming pool over 7th grade summer vacation because the pool was crowded and he couldn’t come up to breathe or something like that. It wasnt announced. Back in those days, people were just supposed to deal with it.

In 8th grade a 13 year old that everyone used to make fun of was playing hide & seek with younger neighborhood kids & hid in an old refrigerator. The kids forgot about him & figured he went home.

In 9th grade a girl died in her sleep. She was very frail-looking & they said she had a heart condition all her life.

In between 9th & 10th grade a kid played chicken on the railroad tracks & lost.

In 10th grade my best friend’s brother got grounded & couldn’t go to the movies with his best friends. They were walking home from the movies & got hit by a drunk off duty cop. Nothing ever happened to the cop. They had to have closed caskets. It really messed up my friend’s brother & his cousin who were friends with the boys since kindergarten.

Also in 10th grade another friend’s brother who had graduated from our high school the year before killed himself while I was sleeping over at the house. Luckily, they had a detached garage.

A boy I went to catholic school with, who went to another high school, died of a brain tumor.

A girl I went to middle school,with, but went to another high school, got killed in a car accident. She wasn’t wearing a seat belt & the passenger side door wasn’t locked. The door flew open and she was partially ejected from the car when the door slammed shut & decapitated her.

A girl who was a year behind me & was best friends with the sister of a friend of mine used eat lunch with us during my senior year. Her brother killed the whole family in their sleep.

A girl in my high school class who was kind of a slut married the guy in my high school class who was the biggest “head” right after graduation. He was killed in a car crash soon after.

I’m sure there were more kid deaths I will remember later. I went to Public kindergarten, then catholic school, then public school, then back to catholic high school in a different town, so death had a large pool of candidates to draw from in my case.

by Anonymousreply 153June 26, 2020 8:19 PM

Oh yeah, when I was a senior, a freshman got hit by a car in front of my school one night as he crossed the street after a school basketball game.

by Anonymousreply 154June 26, 2020 8:22 PM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 155June 26, 2020 8:29 PM

R146 and R147, I'm R145.

It honestly never occurred to me that Datalounge could have forgotten the legend of Dan Motherfuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 26, 2020 11:50 PM

The star of our basketball team was drunk, rolled his car and was decapitated by a light pole in the middle of town. His father, who was my history teacher, was devastated and never recovered. A few years after I graduated he committed suicide.

Senior year a good friend of mine was murdered by her jealous boyfriend. He coldly walked into the McDonalds where she worked and shot her in the face. I found out later that he had contracted HIV from intravenous drug usage, which was a death sentence at the time, and he died a few years later alone in prison. Good.

A cute boy that I didn't know very well was put in a mental hospital for schizophrenia. His "friends" thought it would be a great idea to rescue him and they helped him escape through a window. 3 days later he threw himself in front of a train.

Another kid was shot in a supposed hunting accident and died before the paramedics could get there. Rumor was he was killed because his father owed a lot of money to drug dealers.

by Anonymousreply 157June 27, 2020 12:41 AM

Four girls who graduated the year after I did (late 70s) did a road trip to California from Colorado. They were driving through the Utah desert when the driver fell asleep and hit a bridge abutment. The driver was killed, the car overturned and wasn't found for about a day since this was decades before cellphone techology, and it happened in a remote area in Utah so there was no traffic.

The driver's dead body landed on top of the girl who'd been sitting behind her and the passenger couldn't get out of the car for some time, rumor had it she was fucked up for years over that. Also, the girl who rode shotgun went through the windshield and tore her face up. I saw her once after and her face looked like a cracked porcelain doll face that had been glued together.

by Anonymousreply 158June 27, 2020 2:24 AM

Tragically, a guy in my high school graduating class last night. I'd known him since the 6th grade. He was driving home from his job as a police officer the next town over, under three mile away. He was retiring after 31 years in two fucking weeks. It is so cruel, and everyone who knew him is stricken. He was a very decent guy and he always maintained a high level of dignity, and offered the same to all. Everyone is devastated.

by Anonymousreply 159June 27, 2020 2:44 AM

[quote][R123] was it the rabies?

No, it was the weasel of the train. He didn't hear it.

by Anonymousreply 160June 27, 2020 3:06 AM

Ol' Space Needle died

when Skylab fell on her.

by Anonymousreply 161June 27, 2020 4:46 AM

Well she didn’t quite make it to high school......but yeah I did.

by Anonymousreply 162June 29, 2020 6:10 AM

[ 42] in California? Our classmate died in this manner. It was deemed accidental, but there was always speculation about whether she jumped or was pushed.

by Anonymousreply 163June 29, 2020 6:29 AM

I was more traumatized by Tori’s acting and Kelie’s wardrobe when this was filmed at my high school than the actual murdered it was based on. I think this was in between Tori’s 2nd and 3rd nose job, 1 and 2nd tit implants, and Kellie’s third lesbian fling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 29, 2020 6:38 AM

R156, forgotten? No one who's heard the Ballad of Dan Motherfuck has ever forgotten.

It was a n00b, and a stalkery one at that, who TRIED to call you out!

by Anonymousreply 165June 29, 2020 7:53 AM

Only lost teachers. One brain tumor , one glider accident and one drowned in Costa Rica .

by Anonymousreply 166June 29, 2020 8:24 AM

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 167June 29, 2020 4:06 PM

Well there was that time that Regina George walked in front of a bus.

by Anonymousreply 168June 29, 2020 4:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!