Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Royals Royals Everywhere and Not A Drop to Drink . . .

As the lockdown ends, royals across Europe are beginning to creep out of their palaces.

Kate and William have emerged, Camilla and Charles have emerged . . .

And today new photos of the recently born heir to the Luxembourg throne, Prince Charles, were posted. His parents, Princess Stephanie and Prince Guillaume, look ecstatic, and the Princess appears to have put on quite a bit of baby weight. Unfortunately, from what is visible, the boy looks like his father. Of course, he's not two months old, so . . .

The priceless Point de Vue et de Gotha magazine has lots of photos up.

One of the happiest royal marriages appears to be that of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden to the self-effacing husband, Prince Daniel. They recently celebrated an anniversary and Point de Vue's headline was, 'In love as on the first day . . ."

I think she adores him. She looks like a nice woman. Her father, King Carl Gustav, was outraged when his second child, the son, was not allowed to be the Heir, despite not being born first, and was open about his feeling that his son had been deprived of his birthright by modern foolishness.

But the thing is, ironically, I think Victoria would have been happier, especially in her earlier days when she suffered from eating disorders and came close to a breakdown, if the throne HAD gone to her younger brother.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Monday at 4:09 AM

Would it have killed you to post a picture, or even a link?

by Anonymousreply 106/23/2020

What about the current locus of evil in the world, Crown Princess Victoria's second child, Prince Oskar? Is he ripping the wings off of swans?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206/23/2020

R1 - OP here - I don't know how. Apologies, that's why I referred folk to Point de Vue.

by Anonymousreply 306/24/2020

R2 - Prince Oskar looks a little like Prince Louis of Cambridge, don't you think? And also seems to have the same impish charm.

by Anonymousreply 406/25/2020

He looks like a creepy ventriloquist dummy.

by Anonymousreply 506/25/2020

R5 - Oh, come now. He's just displaying a little boy's pirate grin.

However, both Victoria's kids look like her and not their father, who is better looking than she is. It's the unfortunate chin.

It can't have been easy on Victoria being the Heir whilst her younger sister, far more blessed with classically balanced features and their father's blondness and blue eyes, was hailed as "the prettiest princess in Europe".

by Anonymousreply 606/26/2020

The biggest princess in Europe is Crown Princess Catharina Amalia (they call her Amalia) of The Netherlands. She is already taller than her 5'10" Mum and nearly as tall as her father, King Willem-Alexander. And Amalia isn't tall and slender, but tall and chunky. She has a sweet face and pretty hair, but man is she BIG.

The other two daughters of Maxima and Willem, even though younger, seem to be finer boned. The one who turned 15 today, Princess Alexia, is much smaller than the 17 year old Amalia, but has the not too pretty horse face of of her mother. The youngest daughter, Ariane, has the same round sweet face of the oldest daughter - these two look like their father and grandmother, ex-Queen Beatrix.

by Anonymousreply 706/26/2020

Would the darling Tiara Troll and people putting up OT royal news on threads like the Kensington Palace Blasts Kate Middleton Cover Story move that stuff over here? The original thread topic is long played out but people keep putting stuff there that this thread was created to hold.

Ta.

by Anonymousreply 806/27/2020

Prince Felix, the younger son of Prince Joachim of Denmark from Joachim's first marriage, is just turning 18. Unlike his older brother, Prince Felix looks like his Danish father (the older son shows the mixture of Asian and Dane, their mother being Anglo-Chinese).

Felix is quite adorable with a suspiciously twinkish air about him.

Before you start bashing me, I don't know how to post links. Check out Billed-Bladet, it's right there.

The older brother is also very good looking and is trying to carve out a career as a model

by Anonymousreply 906/29/2020

Princess Amalia could be whittled down to her slimmest and be a knockout. She is a healthy girl, reminds me of Kristen Johnson or Kirstie Alley. Some men find that very attractive; usually they are physically opposite.

by Anonymousreply 1006/29/2020

[quote]What about the current locus of evil in the world, Crown Princess Victoria's second child, Prince Oskar?

You need to be better informed. And watch your back.

by Anonymousreply 1106/29/2020

R9, posting links is easy: copy the website link in the search bar thingy at the top of the relevant website and then paste it into the "Web Site Link" box below the reply box here on DL.

Get back to us if you don't know how to know how to copy/paste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1206/29/2020

I think Prince Felix is adorable. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 1306/30/2020

Kate and William made an appearance at the NHS in King's Lynn, which is close by their Norfolk home, Anmer Hall, in recognition of the 72nd anniversary of the NHS. Both wore blue, the NHS colour, and they looked, as always, exactly the way the know they need to look: warm, friendly, well but not over stylishly dressed, accessible, and soothing.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Sunday at 3:21 PM

R7 William (6'3") & Kate's (5'9") children should be exceptionally tall for The Windsor family. I'd imagine that even Princess Charlotte will be very close to 6ft.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Sunday at 4:31 PM

R15 - Given that Charlotte appears also to have inherited Diana's beautiful legs and slim hips (as looks like it from William's Father's Day/Birthday photo), I think you're right, she is going to be really tall with those racehorse legs. Remains to be seen if any of the kids also inherited the fabled Windsor complexion.

In other news, Lady Colin Cambell's book on Meghan (and Harry LOL) has hit the TIMES best-seller lists (that's UK TIMES, it hasn't been released in America yet, although it has fallen steeply in pre-order sales according to Amazon).

I note utter silence from the BRF on the latest legal submissions by Meghan against the Mail, in which she repeats the same mistake for which the court slapped her hands in the initial Complaint at the pre-trial hearing: bringing in extraneous issues with no bearing on the privacy issue on which she based the suit, trying to use a privacy suit to carry a de facto slander suit, and slandering the British royal family as she does by telling outright porkies that the court will spot immediately.

The Danish Royal Family has gone to Graasten for their annual summer visit, and Princess Isabella is apparently taking on her father's keen interest in tennis and is turning out far prettier than she looked to be in childhood. The next heir looks just like his mother but with blue eyes, and once past the acne currently ravaging Prince Christian's face, will be one of the handsomest most fiercely hunted royal catches in Europe in ten years.

As mentioned in other posts - QEII and Queen Margrethe should already be in negotiations for Charlotte's hand for Christian. He's about 8 years older than she. Perfect. He'll be 32, she'll be 24 - imagine the wedding, just imagine it! The first royal wedding in how long where both bride and groom are actually - fully royal and HRHs in their own rights!

by Anonymousreply 16Last Monday at 4:08 AM

^* this should have read: "although the Scobie fan book on Meghan (and Harry) has fallen steeply in pre-order sales according to Amazon) . . .

by Anonymousreply 17Last Monday at 4:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!