Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Carraville: Pundits in Love

If nothing else, lockdown has allowed for a good catch up on the flash points in footie (soccer, to you Yanks) that many of us may have missed over the last few busy years. Suffice to say, a lot’s gone on.

Little did I expect in my absence from The Beautiful Game that a beautiful love story was unfolding and changing history - and it was happening at the pundits’ table. Let us delve into the relationship of Carra & Gaz...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 27, 2022 11:33 AM

Probaby too much extended eye-contact to be laddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2020 11:47 PM

Twitterpatted👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2020 11:51 PM

They’re so blatantly disgustingly into each other that even straight blokes posting on team forums and on sportsfan Twitter and in YT comment sections are unanimously saying “get a room eh lads”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2020 11:53 PM

Turns out this mating dance has been going on for five years now and I didn’t even realise??

Take this moment:

Carra: *about van Gaal being the favorite for Man U manager* I’m surprised hasn’t been talked of… [looks at Gary] would you take it? If you were offered it?

G Nev: *BEDROOM EYES + SUGGESTIVE EYEBROW + SHY COY GRIN* I’m happy here with you...

Carra:🕳🤭😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2020 1:05 PM

LFC just...won the Prem.

Is Gary alright? This⬇️ was his last IG post, followed by a wave goodbye on Twitter and then nothing since. It’s a running joke on SkySport that he’d go M.I.A. if Liverpool won, but honestly I’m legit a bit concerned he might have tried to top himself :/

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2020 12:09 AM

Sexy when they were trying to kill each other...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2020 4:47 PM

As well as a Manc term of derision ‘Nugget’ also makes for an adorable pet name💕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2020 11:05 PM

Gary is still AWOL😥

Remembering happier days on the sofa with bae (five feet apart bc ur not gay)...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 10:25 PM

Poor Gaz. This last fortnight must have been really rough on his emotions, and on his jaw—congratulatory suckjobs are tiring and Carra is a big lad who doesn’t tire..

Gary still looks shattered and it’s only the first day back at work since the Incident lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 10:16 PM

Come to think of it Gary has no leg to stand on being this mardy about LFC’s win. His direct ancestors of 200 years ago were from Merseyside.

🎶Gary Neville is a Red, is a Red, is a Red...but we never said which shade😬

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2020 3:05 PM

“Right Jamie; what’s all these fookin’ text messages about? What you texting Our Phil for? Ee’s a fookin’ bag of nerves. You’re a bad tramp, you, yanno Jamie...”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2020 10:16 PM

Who are they, where do you posters come from and what the fuck are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2020 1:01 AM

^^ 1. Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville, two retired Premier League soccer players (for Liverpool & Manchester United respectively) who now commentate on and analyse games on Sky Sports tv channel in the U.K.

2. Britain for the most part presumably, or any other country that can get Sky channels on cable or streaming.

3. The very close emotional relationship between the aforementioned pundits, who in spite of their natural beginnings as enemies (from fierce rival football clubs) seem to have developed a noticeable ‘slap-slap-kiss’ type of chemistry on television and spend all their free time offscreen together as well (despite being married with kids). Many casual viewers of Sky Sports as well as diehard football fabs have noticed that the pair are unusually close, friendly and affectionate for two men who despised each other and claimed to be sworn enemies until they were 35. ‘Carraville’ is their portmanteau.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2020 8:52 PM

There are over 200 fanfics about them on Archive of Our Own, some written very recently. For an obscure British niche interest, that’s a landslide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2020 3:30 PM

I am R12. One the same day I posted, videos of them dominate my Youtube recommendations. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2020 5:19 PM

^^YT’s evil algorithms + cookies in your browser tracking your activity

Try private browsing, a VPN/proxy server, and clearing your browser cache to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2020 5:53 PM

JOE.com thinks they should be together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 23, 2020 8:55 PM

Now Gary is playing around with face-meld apps. He’s really got it bad, hasn’t he?

The mashup of their faces looks like RyRen😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 6, 2020 11:36 PM

Is it weird that the young Gary Neville was kind of a...twink?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2020 3:11 PM

Just unearthed this ancient Mirror article (from 2008!) interviewing Becks, and in it a 33-year old Goldenballs straight up says that he’d have no angst about Gary hanging out alone with Posh while she was naked. Given what horny cheating opportunistic bastards most active footie players are, that speaks volumes—either about Gary’s integrity, or his sexuality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2021 12:25 PM

The European Super League debacle has brought Gary & Jamie into total alignment. It’s been a long time coming, and might be one of the few positive outcomes to the whole awful business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2021 5:46 PM

Aww, Carra would let Gaz punch him (in exchange for a Liverpool cup win...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 11, 2021 5:57 PM

I have to admit, Carragher has disgusted me ever since the 'spit' incident. I get that he was maybe being goaded but I would still not have done that. Gary on the other hand, I can't help but like: his heart seems in the right place.

by Anonymousreply 23May 11, 2021 6:13 PM

R23 Gary does seem milder than Jamie in their middle-age, though Gary has always been the older and more serious-minded of the two. I wonder sometimes if Jamie’s enthusiasm for boxing is partly a mandated thing (by his wife, or his employers) as a way to channel his aggression.

by Anonymousreply 24May 11, 2021 8:30 PM

Now that the season has ended, I worried that there would be no Carraville interaction to get us through the Euros, and that we wouldn’t hear from the lads until September.

However, we’re not even a week in and Gary has already picked up the ball.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2021 12:32 PM

90s Liverpool didn’t win as much as 90s Man United and they didn’t have the same killer instinct, but the football they played was far more technically-accomplished, elegant to watch.

Liverpool could glide through shapes, win challenges without force (yes, even the brutish defenders like Carra), and make passes look like poetry. Man United would just clump around and hoof it with as much doggedness and aggression as possible, hideous as sin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2021 9:50 PM

Gal has a nicer arse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 12, 2021 8:19 AM

It’s been a few years, and I still can’t believe Gary actually pushed against his own former teammates to include aesthetic shots of Jamie in the CLASS OF ‘92 documentary.

Gary Neville is so in love with a Scouser that he’ll stain his own legacy story and reputation with beautiful soft-focus images of one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 14, 2021 8:33 AM

Carra’s angling for a wedding, according to his latest Tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 15, 2021 12:03 AM

It’s the 30th anniversary of the Premier League, and Gary & Jamie took a romantic barge trip to commemorate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 15, 2021 9:00 PM

The lads are preparing for the charity Soccer Aid game next month with some flirty banterous trash-talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 19, 2021 12:54 PM

respect to the person on Insta live who asked Gary if him and Carra kiss ❤️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2021 12:16 PM

Lads obviously had a good winter break, they’re glowing.

Gary in particular is effusive in his praise for Carra in their latest special sit-down for Sky Sports. Calling Jamie “impossible to replace”, with a fond shy look in his she’s, on national telly broadcast to millions? 💓 well, suppose it is nearly Valentines’ Day, after all....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 27, 2022 11:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!