Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

To the woman who attended dinner parties with Jodie Foster: You never did tell us exactly why she wasn't very nice to you

And what was her advice about the woman who didn't know you were alive?

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2020 1:53 AM

Checking to see if you're around now, Hollywood diner.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 1:13 AM

Trying once more. And listen to the mention of a Cydney here at 8:17. THE Cydney?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 15, 2020 4:18 PM

Jodie could have had a much better career. She seems lazy, she could easily have done a great show like Homeland or a Comedy.

by Anonymousreply 3August 15, 2020 4:20 PM

R3 A comedy? Jodie Foster in a comedy - nope.

by Anonymousreply 4August 15, 2020 4:29 PM

She won two Oscars early one and seemed to lose drive after that, but she was limited in ways. She never quite worked as a leading lady. Always seemed just a little too butch.

by Anonymousreply 5August 15, 2020 4:31 PM

She always acts like she's 'acting.'. She was excellent in Silence of the Lambs but I think she had a director who pushed her. Before and after that...meh.

by Anonymousreply 6August 15, 2020 4:34 PM

She suited the role in SOTL.

by Anonymousreply 7August 15, 2020 4:38 PM

She should not have win for "The Accused", Glennie should have won for Dangerous Liaisons. It was tremendous and would have given her the award she craves

by Anonymousreply 8August 15, 2020 4:45 PM

R8 Absolutely. Dangerous Liaisons still holds up and Glenn is excellent. I haven't seen or heard of The Accused in years and have no interest in seeing it again.

by Anonymousreply 9August 15, 2020 5:00 PM

She hit her peak as a child actress in the Disney films which is why her Taxi Driver bit was considered so sensational. In her big scene with DeNiro - which was supposedly improvised - all she does is giggle which would be a normal reaction of a girl not a streetwalker. It's not acting. But she was praised for such a gutsy performance. Nope, not impressed. Even Cybill Shepard did a better job of acting and she had less experience than Jodie.

by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2020 5:13 PM

She’s always pinged as hard as Paul Lynde or Liberace. It’s just that lesbians ping in a different way and can pass under the radar in a way that gay men can’t.

by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2020 5:17 PM

Well? Does anyone know if Cydney is THE Cydney re:r2?

r10: I finally watched Taxi Driver a few weeks ago and I think it's one of the most overrated films. Am still scratching my head over how Travis could have avoided prosecution for shooting the place up at the end.

by Anonymousreply 12August 29, 2020 9:33 PM

Cydney Bullins?

by Anonymousreply 13August 29, 2020 9:35 PM

If she had a better career in her 40s and beyond, she'd have more press interest into her personal life. Hopefully, she's been able to raise her kids better by working less.

by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2020 9:36 PM

Was she involved with this Bullens, r13?

by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2020 9:58 PM

There are no stories because THERE ARE NO STORIES.

I worked for her years ago and when I met her she was perfectly lovely and totally respectful, professional, and warm. And I was NOBODY!!! I was a production assistant. Lowest position on a movie set, with the exception of an intern or an extra. She didn't make me feel like I was the bottom of the food chain. All the crew liked her, too.

by Anonymousreply 16August 29, 2020 10:35 PM

What the fuck are you going on about, r16/ idiot who has no idea what was posted by the woman to whom I was addressing?

by Anonymousreply 17August 29, 2020 11:58 PM

Anybody could have played in that sordid, gay-bashing movie SOTL. She was just adequate in it.

by Anonymousreply 18August 30, 2020 12:03 AM

r17 Either YOU are a troll or the person to whom you're addressing is a TROLL!

(Probably BOTH)

by Anonymousreply 19August 30, 2020 12:07 AM

Look ignorant bitch, you have no fucking idea what was in that thread that I'm referring to, yet you want to act like a little Jodie Foster protector. No one has made any issue of whether or not she's nice in this thread, but you got your nose all out of joint for no damn good reason. Nor were they making an issue of it in that thread, iirc. No doubt you create problems wherever you go.

And by the way, there are other people in the world besides you. Even more shocking, they have different experiences than you.

by Anonymousreply 20August 30, 2020 12:16 AM

Oh bullshit dude!! You're implying in the title of your post that she's a bitch! She's constantly being attacked here by either an angry fag or an angry dyke-- either way, it's TROLLING! I Shared my experience and it wasn't salacious enough for you! Fuck Off! You think people don't know what you're up to????? HA!

by Anonymousreply 21August 30, 2020 12:43 AM

You sound a little bent out of shape yourself, hon.

by Anonymousreply 22August 30, 2020 1:03 AM

R21 et al. - her tone seems.... pointed.

Jodie would hate this homophobic cunt with her rotten famewhoring, if she knew who she/it was.

by Anonymousreply 23August 30, 2020 1:14 AM

So many angry people on this site.

by Anonymousreply 24August 30, 2020 9:42 AM

I was thinking about this again and realized I should've included a link to that thread. It's huge and will take a while to read, but the op pops in a few times with some tidbits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2020 9:45 PM

Foster always seems humorless and self-impressed. Her Oscar for The Accused is a joke. And in retrospect her Oscar for Silence should have gone to Geena Davis.

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2020 10:02 PM

I couldn’t believe she got a Oscar nomination for “The Accused”, let alone won — it wasn’t a believable performance even at the time, and I suspect it doesn’t hold up now.

And to the poster who suggested Jodie Foster should have done more comedy — her grim, unfunny performance in “Maverick” should stand as evidence that comedy and Jodie Foster don’t go together!

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2020 10:08 PM

I thought "Nell" was her best comic performance.

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2020 10:22 PM

Well I thought she was fantastic in Panic Room.

by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2020 10:27 PM

Linda Manz should have had Jodie Foster’s career

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2020 12:10 AM

I will always love Jodie.

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2020 12:12 AM

This was from r25's link from 2006, they were explaining why their post repeated itself twice:

[quote]"Some of us use WebTV, so shut up, bitch."

by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2020 1:35 AM

Jodie is great in Bugsy Malone.

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2020 1:38 AM

She did get a bachelor's degree from Yale. Then, she was named as John Hinckley Jr.'s obsession. (Hinckley tried to assassinate Reagan and did permanently disable James Brady.)

Jodie has done so much better for herself than other child actors. Especially considering being at the center of the Hinckley shooting.

I can believe that she's a very nice, respectful person.

Brooke Shields is another child actress who got a college degree and seems like a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2020 1:43 AM

It's kind of amazing, really, especially as both were sexualized on screen at a young age. When you think of some of the people they crossed paths with...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2020 1:46 AM

I think Davis and Sarandon should have tied for the Oscar, r26. They were both equally deserving. While I enjoyed SotL, I think Thelma and Louise is a much, much better film. I get sentimental watching it, and sometimes cry at the part where Grayson Hughes' Can't Untie You from Me is playing.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2020 12:09 AM

R26: MARY!

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2020 1:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!