Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

104 shot, 14 fatally, over Father’s Day weekend in Chicago 6-23-20

So those WEREN'T fireworks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 1, 2020 3:44 PM

BLM my ass! Apparently black lives are pretty disposable.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2020 4:35 PM

Is this normal for Chicago or is it on the high side? The members of a political message board I used to frequent often ragged on Chicago and, to be honest, Chicago does seem to have a problem.

What is the cause of this?

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]What is the cause of this?

Lack of education, intense poverty, no jobs in the areas these shootings happen in.

Insane amounts of mental illness and/or low IQ people, because they live in old housing with lead paint and lead pipes and brain damage happens early.

These people have so little that it becomes a very territorial fight for what they do have. And gangs end up ruling the roost, since few institutions of society exist there and police are slow to respond.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2020 4:49 PM

[quoe]What is the cause of this?

Who has better the pizza, New York or Chicago, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2020 4:52 PM

It's like a third world country.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2020 4:55 PM

No R3 - it's almost all trivial gang issues from block to block. Poverty and crime have always been a problem.

It's this petty gang bullshit that has taken over. It's very different -

"The old hierarchical super-gangs, fighting citywide over control of drug trafficking, are largely gone. African-American gangs have fractured into different types of cliques and neighborhood peer groups, affiliated more with rappers than with the old gang chieftains. While some violence is still drug related, much of it is interpersonal, setting off cycles of retaliation, particularly on the South Side."

It has devolved into block-by-block association, with not a lot of it associated with drug territories. And it is fueled by social media.

Mexican drug cartels own most of the drug business in Chicago and are in gangs in equal percentages, but 3/4 of the gang deaths are African-American.

So, like I said, it's something completely different that has gotten out of control.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2020 4:56 PM

It's been very deadly past few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2020 4:57 PM

Yes, R5. Complete with a tyrant in power surrounded by corrupt toadies and a breakdown in the social structures. Not to mention looting of public funds for fatcats and their corporations.

The GOP handed guns to everyone. The people experiencing the greatest stress in a society are the first to act out against their own interests. We live with the ongoing repercussions of slavery and racism. Equity is not built into our society.

Blame the shooters. But blame the culture that bred them more. And by that, blame the leaders who cannot envision and work for a better world for them.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2020 5:00 PM

I am reading a book about Sears Roebuck. Before Sears moved into their tower in the Loop, they were located in a ghetto on the west side of Chicago, where they maintained a huge complex. Sears also maintained the third largest police force at the time in the state of Illinois to patrol the streets from the nearest El stop the the Sears complex.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2020 5:07 PM

r8 I hate Trump, but this shit has been going on for a VERY long time. You can't blame whoever is president at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2020 5:09 PM

The cause is obviously Gone With the Wind

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2020 5:12 PM

R11 And Aunt Jemima. Don't forget Aunt Jemima.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2020 5:13 PM

this is why have a difficult time taking BLM seriously. Where is the outrage for all the black on black crime?

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2020 5:15 PM

R8 The last time a Republican led Chicago as mayor was in 1931. Maybe false progressives using black people for their votes and for power over the decades, but failing to deliver a better world for them, are maybe just a teensie weensie bit to blame, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2020 5:17 PM

R13 - two completely different issues and you know that. Police targeting and excessive force / killings is one thing and inter-societal crime and murder is another. Get it?

As a reminder though, this violence is located in areas of Chicago that you have to willingly travel to in order to place yourself near crime. It's not happening all over the city.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2020 5:18 PM

[quote] two completely different issues and you know that. Police targeting and excessive force / killings is one thing and inter-societal crime and murder is another. Get it?

They never do, they think it's an excuse to kill black people on a whim

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2020 5:21 PM

R15 and the inter-societal crime you mention has led to far more black people being killed over the decades than police. But, hey keep focusing on what's fashionable and acceptable for you to hate.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2020 5:21 PM

[quote]Is this normal for Chicago or is it on the high side?

This is sadly normal every summer in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2020 5:23 PM

R14 - show me anything Republicans have done for black people. Ever. Or Gays. Or Women. Or Latinos.

R17 - and you are surprised that crime and violence in poor neighborhoods that grew out of racism and redlining?

You're another Republican fool with little understanding of anything.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2020 5:24 PM

"two completely different issues and you know that. Police targeting and excessive force / killings is one thing and inter-societal crime and murder is another."

Its two completely different issues because you and you ilk find it more politically expedient to separate the two issues.

How about white cops needs to start respecting black lives, AND black people need to stop blowing other black peoples heads off because they "disrespected" them or some other happy horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2020 5:27 PM

R19....Well Republicans haven't dominated and LIED to black people in urban areas for decades telling them they were going to make their life better and failing to deliver for the past 50 years in exchange for votes and power. So I guess that's one thing they've done.

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2020 5:28 PM

Chicago, you in danger, girl.

You in danger of disappearing entirely.

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2020 5:30 PM

Don't blame everything on racism. Blame the black culture that glorifies gangsters through music, has disdain for education by accusing educated blacks of "acting white," and thinks that acting tough makes you a man while it encourages men to have children out of wedlock and then to desert their families.

There are poor people around the world but they don't engage in this behavior.

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2020 5:31 PM

R22 I wouldn’t miss it.

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2020 5:33 PM

[quote] . Blame the black culture that glorifies gangsters through music, has disdain for education by accusing educated blacks of "acting white," and thinks that acting tough makes you a man while it encourages men to have children out of wedlock and then to desert their families.

Candace Owen has found a home on datalounge I see.

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2020 5:33 PM

[quote]it encourages men to have children out of wedlock and then to desert their families.

In nearly every other culture, this is considered shameful and is looked down upon.

by Anonymousreply 26June 22, 2020 5:36 PM

R25 and you're the white extreme leftist savior who doesn't understand black culture but thinks you're their last best hope. How many rap songs have glorified killing or denigrating "faggots"?

I guess that's also just the fault of systemic racism and Gone with the Wind and George Washington statues and Gucci stores being looted.

by Anonymousreply 27June 22, 2020 5:38 PM

R27, are you some 80 year old white dude? You do know that white people are the biggest consumers of rap music right? And yes, that's because white people are a larger section of the population, regardless, it's not like black people are the only ones consuming the music. This isn't 1979. Anyways, I have plenty of white friends who teach in inner city neighborhoods in Chicago. Most of those kids are dealing with shit you can't possibly imagine. The problems they are dealing with are not specific to "black" culture in any way.

by Anonymousreply 28June 22, 2020 5:41 PM

Lol, R11 and R12.

by Anonymousreply 29June 22, 2020 5:44 PM

Rolls eyes at R15. Nice blackwash there.

by Anonymousreply 30June 22, 2020 5:45 PM

I blame that bust of Ulysses S. Grant being up for so long in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park!

by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2020 5:46 PM

I would've chipped in to have a lot of them bused to Tulsa.

by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2020 5:48 PM

R28 nope 33 year old Venezuelan.....but you are most certainly 100% white, thinking minorities need your blessed intervention!

"white people are the biggest consumers of rap music" Ok, but who's producing it again? Music is a byproduct of culture regardless of who "consumes" it.

by Anonymousreply 33June 22, 2020 5:50 PM

[quote]104 shot, 14 fatally, over Father’s Day weekend in Chicago 6-23-20

6-23-20 isn't until tomorrow, OP.

by Anonymousreply 34June 22, 2020 5:51 PM

Remember when Trump said he'd end all the Chicago gang violence within a week when he took office?

by Anonymousreply 35June 22, 2020 5:52 PM

That was eloquent R8. I'm giving you a slow clap. You should write speeches. I also agree with R14. Both parties are to blame. Who will save us now?

by Anonymousreply 36June 22, 2020 5:54 PM

R35 Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote] nope 33 year old Venezuelan.....but you are most certainly 100% white, thinking minorities need your blessed intervention!

LOL @ the implication of "I can't be racist because I'm Latino!". Latinos can be very racist towards black people. You sound like those Cubans and Argentinians who look down upon anyone who is darker than them. And I never said minorities need "intervention".

by Anonymousreply 38June 22, 2020 6:04 PM

R33 is supposedly a Venezuelan who is all over this thread pushing people to vote Republican.

Right- cuz he have a lot to learn from Venezuela. Caracas has the 7th highest murder rate in the world.

Why won't the Venezuelans stop killing each other? I'm sick of Latino on Latino murders and no one ever brings it up!

Trolls gonna troll.

by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2020 6:08 PM

"Elite" minorities from developing countries always seem to be so anti-black, it's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 40June 22, 2020 6:10 PM

R38 I never said latinos can't be racist. You asked if I was white, I'm not. If I were black, how would your response been different? You're white and like to think you're not racist, but then make a broad negative judgement (which is racist by definition) of Cubans and Argentinians of a certain skin color how they treat others. I doubt you know any Cuban or Argentinians of any color.

You're completely blind to your own racism, but hey, it's ok because I'm sure you're surrounded by other white people giving you kudos.

by Anonymousreply 41June 22, 2020 6:14 PM

Lots of shooting going on--must be a mental health problem. We should bolster the mental health care system.

Oh, there are black people?

Never mind, they're thugs!

by Anonymousreply 42June 22, 2020 6:24 PM

Poor people are violent towards each other.

Want to fix this? Fix their poverty.

by Anonymousreply 43June 22, 2020 6:25 PM

Remember, during the last presidential campaign, Trump claimed he had a secret plan to fix this quickly.

Still waiting

by Anonymousreply 44June 22, 2020 6:26 PM

[quote] The last time a Republican led Chicago as mayor was in 1931. Maybe false progressives using black people for their votes and for power over the decades, but failing to deliver a better world for them, are maybe just a teensie weensie bit to blame, maybe?

SInce Reagan, there has been combined Presidential and Congressional GOP rule many times. How did blacks do?

Generally terribly. Cities were usually defunded each time.

We know that Black unemployment fell to record lows under Obama, and Trump was able to maintain that until now.

by Anonymousreply 45June 22, 2020 6:32 PM

"Want to fix this? Fix their poverty."

So much horseshit. Gansta/thug wannabes are as likely to be middle and upper class as poor.

by Anonymousreply 46June 22, 2020 6:35 PM

R41 - we're still waiting on your fix for all the Latino on Latino murder in your own country as well as the rest of Latin America.

Or are they just stupid, uneducated and prone to crime in your country?

Chicago's murder rate is 1/4 that of Caracas.

Why do Latinos kill Latinos at such high rates?

by Anonymousreply 47June 22, 2020 6:39 PM

[quote] "Want to fix this? Fix their poverty." So much horseshit. Gansta/thug wannabes are as likely to be middle and upper class as poor.

Um...no

by Anonymousreply 48June 22, 2020 6:40 PM

Um...yeah, R48.

Sorry that's not politically expedient for you.

by Anonymousreply 49June 22, 2020 6:42 PM

I'm surprised there are any gangs left with all these shootings. Can't they just dance it out and have a South Side Story?

by Anonymousreply 50June 22, 2020 6:45 PM

Er well in a way, they were... Y'know 🎆 OP

by Anonymousreply 51June 22, 2020 6:46 PM

Is this supposed to distract us from Tulsa?

Don't you have any NEW rightwing talking points?

by Anonymousreply 52June 22, 2020 6:48 PM

I'm a big fan of Chicago's Mayor so it's disturbing that she can't seem to make a dent in the violence.

by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2020 6:48 PM

So many Harvard-educated ganstas out there....please

by Anonymousreply 54June 22, 2020 6:52 PM

R52 Should the horrific number of weekend shootings in Chicago be ignored?

by Anonymousreply 55June 22, 2020 7:03 PM

[quote] Gansta/thug wannabes are as likely to be middle and upper class as poor.

Watch out for the Beverly Hills gangs!

by Anonymousreply 56June 22, 2020 7:06 PM

R47 why do I need to defend it? This thread is about violence in Chicago. Make a thread on Venezuela and I might grace you with my presence, if you're good. Or if you want a more succinct answer, take a look at the political party that has ruled Venezuela for decades.

You do what a lot of white liberals do when minorities don't conform to their white wishes. You become racist. You insult an entire region of Latin people.

In any case, I can ask you the same thing and it would be far more pertinent to the thread. Why is black on black crime in Chicago ignored by racist white people like you who want to pretend otherwise? You say you care but only when it falls into very narrow predefined lines of thinking. Anything else and you begin to feel your white rage taking over.

by Anonymousreply 57June 22, 2020 7:24 PM

[quote] That was eloquent [R8]. I'm giving you a slow clap. You should write speeches. I also agree with [R14]. Both parties are to blame. Who will save us now?

Agree, R36. Both R8 and R14 have salient points.

And although it seems as though everyone is polarized at the moment it is NOT all about two sides: Dem vs Republicans. Everything is not so Black OR White. There are many shades of gray. Those who can only see (and defend) one side are like a one-eyed person in a 3-D world: their field of vision is impaired. But, God forbid, you tell them that. They will insist....sometimes to their death....that their view IS the only one.

They are akin to those watching shadows while chained in Plato’s cave.

(PS: R36, in answer to your question, believe it is each individual who will save themselves....via interconnection with others.)

by Anonymousreply 58June 22, 2020 7:33 PM

R11 - "The cause is obviously Gone With the Wind"

How can you be so blind?! The cause is obviously Winston Churchill.

by Anonymousreply 59June 22, 2020 7:36 PM

R55, so what do you propose we do about them?

Improve poverty? No, that would mean taxing the rich to create more jobs. Can't do that!

More gun restrictions? No, Second Amendment rights. Illinois already has lots of gun legislation and most guns come from out of state

by Anonymousreply 60June 22, 2020 7:37 PM

No one wants to actually do anything about it. They just want to publicize it to show that black people need roughing up by police.

by Anonymousreply 61June 22, 2020 7:38 PM

Hear, Hear R58! Nail on the head. Let's do brunch. You choose the place.

by Anonymousreply 62June 22, 2020 7:38 PM

[quote] I'm a big fan of Chicago's Mayor so it's disturbing that she can't seem to make a dent in the violence.

Um, what's your suggestion that she could do?

by Anonymousreply 63June 22, 2020 7:38 PM

[quote] You do what a lot of white liberals do when minorities don't conform to their white wishes. You become racist.

While white conservatives are racist from the beginning

by Anonymousreply 64June 22, 2020 7:42 PM

So instead of just pointing fingers at Chicago, what is the way to stop the shootings?

by Anonymousreply 65June 22, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote] Gansta/thug wannabes are as likely to be middle and upper class as poor.

I fear those Gansta/thug gangs whenever I go to Bevery Hills and the Hamptons. ..

by Anonymousreply 66June 22, 2020 7:44 PM

R60 you think in such small-minded and narrow terms.

by Anonymousreply 67June 22, 2020 7:45 PM

R64 how does that excuse your racism?

by Anonymousreply 68June 22, 2020 7:45 PM

"You do what a lot of white liberals do when minorities don't conform to their white wishes. You become racist."

Bitch, please. The vast majority of white liberals are so busy taking knees (while unleashing 1984 in their Woke Workplaces) you'd think they were trying to convince Robespierre of their revolutionary authenticity.

The only thing that is going to save America from another Trump term is how fucking bad he is. Otherwise, a quiet little backlash might be building. If Trump fell over from a heart attack tomorrow, and the Republicans ran a black conservative, Biden would probably lose the whole shooting match as people rushed to where they could finally express their disgust where the Thought Police couldn't hear them: the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 69June 22, 2020 7:50 PM

[quote] you think in such small-minded and narrow terms.

Ans your well thought out plan is...?

by Anonymousreply 70June 22, 2020 7:56 PM

[quote] [R64] how does that excuse your racism?

It doesn't but it at least white liberals grapple with their racism and understand its wrong.

White conservatives are just fine with theirs

by Anonymousreply 71June 22, 2020 7:57 PM

Whenever I walk down Park Ave in NYC, the Gangstas/thugs come out of their apartments and threaten me!

by Anonymousreply 72June 22, 2020 8:00 PM

Lots of fingerpointing. Not one suggestion on how to remedy the Chicago situation. NOT ONE

by Anonymousreply 73June 22, 2020 8:01 PM

R71 so you understand it's wrong but do it anyway? Even worse. Your behavior is worse than the people you claim to be against but when you live in a bubble you can't see it.

by Anonymousreply 74June 22, 2020 8:14 PM

[quote] Why is black on black crime in Chicago ignored by racist white people like you who want to pretend otherwise?

It's interesting you accuse me of being white. I'm actually a person of color but whatever. And seriously, not this whole "black on black" crime shit. All races kill people of their own race. It's called proximity. That's why that person brought up the whole "latino and latino" crime. They were throwing your BS in your face. And yes, I have known several Cubans and Argentinians and they tend to be very anti-black.

by Anonymousreply 75June 22, 2020 8:25 PM

And it's sad that this needs even needs to be mentioning but the vast majority of black people are law abiding people. They aren't "thugs" and they aren't committing crime. They are just trying to live their lives and make sure their families get the same opportunities as everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 76June 22, 2020 8:27 PM

[quote] Why is black on black crime in Chicago ignored by racist white people like you who want to pretend otherwise?

Also, black on black crime is not "ignored". If you had any knowledge, you'd know that the people who commit those crimes are punished according to the law. Unlike cops who generally get away with killing black people and are protected by their own.

by Anonymousreply 77June 22, 2020 8:30 PM

Chicago = Chimpcongo

by Anonymousreply 78June 22, 2020 8:31 PM

[quote] [R71] so you understand it's wrong but do it anyway? Even worse. Your behavior is worse than the people you claim to be against but when you live in a bubble you can't see it.

So people who are racist from the beginning dont live in a bubble?

by Anonymousreply 79June 22, 2020 8:40 PM

Anyone got any solutions to all the Chicago shootings?

crickets.

Then, STFU

by Anonymousreply 80June 22, 2020 8:41 PM

why can't we worry about black on black crime AND police violence against blacks?

Or does that remov a convenient talking point for conservatives?

by Anonymousreply 81June 22, 2020 8:43 PM

Black who commit crimes against blacks get punished by the law.

Police who comment crimes against blacks don't

by Anonymousreply 82June 22, 2020 8:43 PM

Well not anymore r82. The police are in deep shit now.

by Anonymousreply 83June 22, 2020 8:45 PM

The other problem, of course, is Indiana, which is a guns and ammo free for all. Chicago's right on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 84June 22, 2020 8:51 PM

Wouldn't it be great if some of our former leaders such as a The Clinton's and the Obama's, along with other recognized wealthy people like Opra, Beyoncé, Jay Z, came out of their mansions, and got their hands dirty, and helped these communities, on the street level? Go into these communities, and put their money where their hypocritical mouths are? They all point fingers, from a far distance.

by Anonymousreply 85June 22, 2020 8:52 PM

What does Biden have to say about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 22, 2020 8:59 PM

[quote] Well not anymore [R82]. The police are in deep shit now.

Lots of hullaballoo but no one will get convicted.

by Anonymousreply 87June 22, 2020 9:00 PM

[quote] Wouldn't it be great if some of our former leaders such as a The Clinton's and the Obama's, along with other recognized wealthy people like Opra, Beyoncé, Jay Z, came out of their mansions, and got their hands dirty, and helped these communities, on the street level? Go into these communities, and put their money where their hypocritical mouths are? They all point fingers, from a far distance.

Wouldn't it be great if our government, funded by trillions of our taxes, actually spent money on poor communities anywhere near what they spend on the rich?

by Anonymousreply 88June 22, 2020 9:01 PM

R87 Lotta hubbub too as far as I can tell!

by Anonymousreply 89June 22, 2020 9:02 PM

R88, correct. It is not the responsibility of celebrities to take care of ghettos. Let the government do its damn job.

by Anonymousreply 90June 22, 2020 9:03 PM

Why doesn't anyone ask white celebrities to help black populations?

by Anonymousreply 91June 22, 2020 9:13 PM

Why doesn't anyone ask DLers to help the black people?

by Anonymousreply 92June 22, 2020 9:18 PM

So this shit is going to happen tomorrow, OP?

by Anonymousreply 93June 22, 2020 9:19 PM

[quote] Why doesn't anyone ask DLers to help the black people?

We all know what the response would be...and it wouldn't be positive.

by Anonymousreply 94June 22, 2020 9:20 PM

How is any government supposed to educated a segment of people to not want to kill each other?

by Anonymousreply 95June 22, 2020 9:21 PM

How could any government possibly let R95 graduate from high school which such atrocious communication skills?

by Anonymousreply 96June 22, 2020 9:34 PM

Black Lives Only Matter when interacting with the white devil. Otherwise, it's open season on each other, and mind your own business, cracker.

by Anonymousreply 97June 22, 2020 9:57 PM

Agree with R69. Any hope for Black Americans lies within getting more Black conservatives in office. America is desperate for this perspective & practical intellect. As for BLM, it's an organization getting louder only because they're getting more desperate to be legitimized. That will never happen with the movement 's hyper-focus on cherry-picked issues. In my city there have BLM marches/rallies daily for almost 2 weeks. In those two weeks 18 Blacks have been shot, 4 fatally, as a result of gang activity & two white white men have shot fatally by the police. Anyone getting shot by police in my city is a very rare occurence but Blacks shooting other Blacks in certain areas is too common. In between ranting & raving about our racist police, not really true where I live, & systematic racism BS there was not a single mention of those incidents. Given voice on every news broadcast since they've been matching & not one word to the community about a true danger to Black lives or about police fatally shooting detainees happening right under their noses, as they protest for everyone else to fix their issues. It's very easy to understand why people have difficulty lending a fair ear to BLM.

The argument that Blacks who take the lives of other Blacks always get prosecuted is more BS, especially of it's gang related. Often anyone with any incriminating information refuses to cooperate with police. That's what most frequently stalls justice being served.

by Anonymousreply 98June 22, 2020 10:30 PM

Failure after failure from Trump. But no...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 22, 2020 10:31 PM

From the BLM website:

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

Yeah....that's REALLY going to help. Just throw your kid on the "village community" and let them raise your 'em. Sounds like a recipe for success.

by Anonymousreply 100June 22, 2020 10:40 PM

[quote] From the BLM website

There is no such thing. There is A BLM website. There are many. But there is no website that speaks for the entire movement of even a significant portion of it.

So just stop.

by Anonymousreply 101June 22, 2020 10:43 PM

R101 Jesus Christ, you literally cannot except reality when it's right in your face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 22, 2020 10:46 PM

OMG, you linked to a website! It's almost as if you made an argument. But not quite.

Does that website speak for all people in the movement? That was the point I made. Did you refute the point? No, you did not.

by Anonymousreply 103June 22, 2020 10:52 PM

R103 Yes, I did refute your point. You said they didn't have a website. They clearly do and you are wrong. This is the same organization that has been receiving millions in donations from across the world so it is definitely the focal point of something. What could it be....hmmmm....oh yes, the BLM movement.

The evidence is in your face and you cannot accept it, plain and simple. You're deluded.

by Anonymousreply 104June 22, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote] You said they didn't have a website.

Oh, pumpkin. You aren't too bright are you? I said they didn't have ONE website that spoke for all of them.

Because...again...it is not a single, highly-structure organization.

[quote] The loose structure of Black Lives Matter has contributed to confusion in the press and among activists, as actions or statements from chapters or individuals are sometimes attributed to "Black Lives Matter" as a whole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 22, 2020 10:59 PM

Where did all the protesters GO??? THIS IS INSANITY!!!

by Anonymousreply 106June 22, 2020 11:02 PM

Defund the Police, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 107June 22, 2020 11:05 PM

R105 if you have to quote wikipedia, you lost. BLM has a website declaring how they want to dissolve the basic family structure for black people so a magical fairy tale community can take care of everyone.

With the millions pouring in, they have plenty of power to influence the movement.

by Anonymousreply 108June 22, 2020 11:05 PM

Black on black violence in Chicago has been and epidemic for decades. The vast majority of it is gang-related. And while this enormous problem is festering, what gets the attention? Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, Mrs. Butterworths and statues. While those are legitimate issues, they are being used to divert attention away from the much more serious problem of the root cause of gang violence, the daily shootings and the resulting death tolls. The message is "Don't look at this - look over here at these things." Sound familiar: Trump does the the same thing. Don't focus on the real problems - look at the other things.

In Chicago, the 3 top elected official are all black women: The Mayor, the Cook County President and the Cook County State's Attorney. We have a black police chief. Where is the outrage from them regarding black on black murders? They talked about how awful this was because it happened on Father's Day weekend. Hell, this happens every day - but they want to pretend they care so they bring up Father's Day. Puhleeze!

Politicians do not care - either party. They promise the world and deliver these results? "Don't look at the fact that we aren't doing anything about this -- let me turn your attention to Aunt Jemima."

by Anonymousreply 109June 22, 2020 11:07 PM

[quote] if you have to quote wikipedia, you lost.

Say people who don't have any actual evidence to refute it.

by Anonymousreply 110June 22, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote]Is this supposed to distract us from Tulsa?

Yeah discussing that dumb rally is far more important than the 14 murders, including of a 3 year old, occurring in a single weekend in Chicago.

But hating on Dump is fun and easy, while trying to face the reality of inner city violence is hard and painful to contemplate so let’s go back to making fun of idiot Okies dancing at a rally.

by Anonymousreply 111June 22, 2020 11:16 PM

R110 Are you 14 years old or something? you argue like a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 112June 22, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote] Yeah discussing that dumb rally is far more important than the 14 murders, including of a 3 year old, occurring in a single weekend in Chicago.

Like you give an actual shit about Chicago. And Trump's incompetence and buffoonery directly impacts me a lot more than anything that happens in Chicago does.

[quote] Are you 14 years old or something? you argue like a teenager.

You mean by not letting you move the goalposts with every post? Maybe a teenager who was educated in logic and rhetoric and wasn't going to put up with your racist bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 113June 22, 2020 11:24 PM

R113 No, I mean that you argue like a teenager. A petulant one who doesn't get their way and can't admit they're wrong like an adult so you stomp your feet and start spewing self-righteous crap about not putting up with "racist bullshit". You don't have anything else to argue and you think taking the moral high ground makes you untouchable. But you're just a shallow thinker.

In any case, education and logic are not your forte honey but keep thinking that..... make sure you kneel on one knee and thrust your fist in the air when you do.

by Anonymousreply 114June 22, 2020 11:37 PM

Yes, my blacks friends who went to great colleges all just want to kill each other...

by Anonymousreply 115June 23, 2020 12:02 AM

It’s not black on black violence, it’s the poor or poor violence—it’s happened forever around the world.

The only thing that stops it to get people out of poverty

by Anonymousreply 116June 23, 2020 12:04 AM

Interesting how crime goes down when the economy gets better

by Anonymousreply 117June 23, 2020 12:05 AM

You want to stop this shit ? Build prisons and when they break the law keep their asses in there . Armed robbery ? 15 years and you do every day of it. Rape ? 20 years and you do every day of it. No matter the color of the criminal . You start doiung that and I guarantee crime rates will plummet . Once they realize "dang,they gonna lock my ass up for real" maybe they will rethink their actions. This bullshit of having felons with 10-15-20 violent felonies on their record walking the streets has to end .

by Anonymousreply 118June 23, 2020 12:16 AM

[quote] But you're just a shallow thinker.

I'd be offended if this wasn't coming from the guy who cannot grasp the simple concept that Black Lives Matter is a movement without a center, without a spokesperson.

[quote] make sure you kneel on one knee and thrust your fist in the air when you do

And from someone who can so callously dismiss the real injustice in the world in this way.

by Anonymousreply 119June 23, 2020 12:19 AM

r116 - Yeah, right Jan. Keep telling yourself that. Most of my extended white family is dirt poor, and we don't spend our weekends driving around and shooting at people.

by Anonymousreply 120June 23, 2020 12:19 AM

[quote] Once they realize "dang,they gonna lock my ass up for real" maybe they will rethink their actions. This bullshit of having felons with 10-15-20 violent felonies on their record walking the streets has to end .

Unless of course you are white.

by Anonymousreply 121June 23, 2020 12:21 AM

R118, the United States already has the highest incarceration rate in the world. If incarceration stopped crime, we'd have the lowest crime rate in the world. We don't. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 122June 23, 2020 12:24 AM

It's obvious that the idiot mayors of Chicago, New York and Philadelphia haven't a clue as to how to stop crime.

Fortunately, the removal of statues of Teddy Roosevelt , Ulysses Grant and Frank Rizzo will comfort the victims of all the shootings.

by Anonymousreply 123June 23, 2020 12:28 AM

R121 I SAID all colors . R122 yes,we have a lot of people locked up ,but theres no real repercussions . You give some piece of shit 5 years for armed carjacking and assault, thats not much incentive to keep them from not doing it again. You give that piece of shit 30 years,and make him do every single day,i guarantee he might not be so apt to do it again. Why do other countries not have the number of repeat offenders we do ? Their citizens are far poorer than most of ours . You know why ? Because they dont play . Prisons in other countries are hellholes and the inmates KNOW if they get hard time its going to be hard indeed. Ergo,they try very hard to not end up there.

by Anonymousreply 124June 23, 2020 12:32 AM

Don;t let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 23, 2020 12:36 AM

R119 it clearly has a center if people are able to donate to a central organization, which many have, that is a focal point. It is a center regardless of what some random person scribbles on Wikipedia. I could go and edit the wiki page and change it to a "centralized organization" and I guess you would automatically believe it.

You prove you are a shallow thinker because you can't analyze anything beyond face value.

"And from someone who can so callously dismiss the real injustice in the world in this way."

Wow you are so deep. That's exactly what you're doing every time you deflect on the issues within the black community that lead to black on black crime. But you just hide behind your hollow sense of self-righteousness because you have the mentality of a teenager. It's all you have.

by Anonymousreply 126June 23, 2020 12:47 AM

Yep, still arguing without any facts. It must be so because you say so. That's not a childish way of arguing at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 23, 2020 12:50 AM

But you must be right because you keep saying it over and over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 23, 2020 12:51 AM

It doesn't matter that you dont present any evidence for your position because just saying it over and over again means it has to be true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 23, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote] Like you give an actual shit about Chicago.

I do, because it directly impacts me more than yet another stupid Dump red state rally does. A rally that’ll be forgotten in a week over lives gone forever, wash rinse repeat every week for the past five years.

[quote] And Trump's incompetence and buffoonery directly impacts me a lot more than anything that happens in Chicago does.

Congrats on proving you don’t give a shit about black people and those killed this weekend. You’d rather whine about a rally than address the real issues.

by Anonymousreply 130June 23, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote]It’s not black on black violence, it’s the poor or poor violence—it’s happened forever around the world. The only thing that stops it to get people out of poverty

Bullshit.

There are plenty of very poor communities in the US that don't fucking kill one another like it's nothing.

by Anonymousreply 131June 23, 2020 12:57 AM

There's the link to their tax status (as of 2017) as a single "centrally" organized organization. One. Receiving millions today. The one people are donating to right now. But keep posting all the articles repeating what you want because you can't think for yourself or analyze anything. You have to be told.

The irony of you mentioning "saying it over and over again means it has to be true" does nothing to prove you're not shallow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 23, 2020 1:03 AM

You dumb fuck! You proved my point. Black Lives Matter Foundation is not the same thing as the first thing you linked to, which was Black Lives Matter Global Network.

Now sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 133June 23, 2020 1:06 AM

Yea I'm sure they're not related at all. They have nothing to do with each other. You clearly don't how organizations or legal structures can work or transfer money but still work in unison.

I can only imagine what envelope licking job you have.

by Anonymousreply 134June 23, 2020 1:20 AM

It's not black on black violence when a black kills a black. It's not racial violence when a black kills a white. But it's racial violence when a white kills a black.

by Anonymousreply 135June 23, 2020 3:28 AM

Thoughts and prayers!

by Anonymousreply 136June 23, 2020 3:42 AM

[quote] You want to stop this shit ? Build prisons and when they break the law keep their asses in there

Um, we've tried that. You feeling safe?

We've already locked up the bad criminals. It's no coincidence that, when the cops kills black men, those men are being questioned for very low level crimes: sleeping drunk in a car, trying to pass a counterfeit bill, driving with a broken tail light, etc.

by Anonymousreply 137June 23, 2020 1:21 PM

[quote] It's not black on black violence when a black kills a black. It's not racial violence when a black kills a white. But it's racial violence when a white kills a black.

It's not random white people killing black people; it's cops--people who have been allowed by the state to carry guns and to enforce as they see fit.

And yes, it's racial when white people are given a pass by cops while blacks are targeted, ticketed, imprisoned, and killed.

by Anonymousreply 138June 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Still haven't heard many viable plans from the right to stop the shootings.

All I've heard is "build more prisons"...because that's been so effective?

by Anonymousreply 139June 23, 2020 1:59 PM

Bring in the National Guard. Lock the city down until this stops. 104 shootings in a weekend, 14 dead, and nothing is done - just another day. Where else in the Developed Countries of the World would this be tolerated? We have become a third world country where our politicians turn and look the other way at the violence and corruption.

by Anonymousreply 140June 23, 2020 2:50 PM

I’d love to know what BLM plans to do with the millions. I’m sure the organization heads will be driving around in luxury cars in a few weeks time.

by Anonymousreply 141June 23, 2020 3:15 PM

R138 So white people shot 104 black people in Chicago last weekend ? Oh,it was white cops ! Damn those racist pigs ! Oh,wait a minute.it was BLACK people shooting other black people ? Damn those racist whites for ,well,something !

by Anonymousreply 142June 23, 2020 3:16 PM

In a way, this is a fitting tribute to St. George Floyd, who never met a violent crime he was opposed to committing.

by Anonymousreply 143June 23, 2020 3:26 PM

[quote]Still haven't heard many viable plans from the right to stop the shootings.

The city is run by a Dem mayor. She's an elected official. She's paid with tax payer money, she's the one who should have the plans to tackle this.

What are they?

It's not my job...or your job...to come up with solutions.

by Anonymousreply 144June 23, 2020 4:02 PM

This is what's running the shit-show in Chicago. Can't blame whitey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 24, 2020 8:34 PM

r73 I don't think there is a solution that can be implemented from external sources. The problem is the behavior of the people who are doing the shooting and I think it is well known what colossal failures attempts to regulate behavior always are. The government, society, religion, science, none of it is able to effectively alter behavior. The solution lies in the people who are doing the shooting. Those people aren't interested in a solution since they do see it as a problem in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 146June 25, 2020 4:28 PM

As bad as the police killings are and as understandable as the reaction the last few weeks has been, this is the real issue. Instead of BLM demonstrations full of woke whites against the police and white people's social media full of pandering, people should be on the streets protesting the fact that so many people are born into violent, low-income, low-education, no-way-out neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 147June 25, 2020 5:03 PM

White nationalist talking point thread alert!

by Anonymousreply 148June 25, 2020 6:03 PM

Call woke Bill Maher, hell help y'all out. Oh, Kimmel too

by Anonymousreply 149June 27, 2020 1:20 AM

All black victims, all black murderers. Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 150June 27, 2020 1:22 AM

r147 not just black people, though. That could apply to any marginalized group, & that's what TPTB don't want--an organized, real progressive left.

This scares me for the 4th & Memorial Day if it's this bad, this early. This isn't really gang violence, it's all the sets getting in clout wars on Facebook.

The Smollett case might have had something to do with it, particularly the # of fatalities. The PD won't be racing to respond to calls. People don't realize how serious that was in Chicago. That LEO reaction is more typical of the NYPD.

by Anonymousreply 151June 27, 2020 7:41 PM

[quote]people should be on the streets protesting the fact that so many people are born into violent, low-income, low-education, no-way-out neighborhoods.

People should be protesting that the government keeps paying LaQuisha to shit out more fatherless children into this environment.

by Anonymousreply 152June 28, 2020 2:11 AM

Let them shoot each other. Nobody really cares, or something would have been done long ago.

by Anonymousreply 153June 28, 2020 1:30 PM

R153 that seems to be the plan. They haven't figured it out yet.

by Anonymousreply 154June 28, 2020 8:47 PM

CHICAGO - Four children were among 65 people shot across Chicago this weekend, 18 of them fatally. Three of the children were killed.

The weekend gun violence brought Chicago past 300 homicides so far this year, the benchmark that Supt. David Brown challenged the police department to stay under in April. Last year, the city didn’t break 300 homicides until early August

by Anonymousreply 155June 29, 2020 8:40 PM

Stay woke!

by Anonymousreply 156June 29, 2020 9:45 PM

r153 - Hell, even black people don't care, or else the black mayor, and black police chief would be up in arms. Don't hear a word out of Jesse Jackson, Jr, do you? Or the Obamas! Cause they don't care either!! Only if it's white on black crime - then everyone is all up in arms. But let black gang members shoot 300 black people in a month, and not a peep.

by Anonymousreply 157June 30, 2020 9:12 PM

[quote]104 shot, 14 fatally, over Father’s Day weekend in Chicago 6-23-20

You mean baby daddy day?

by Anonymousreply 158July 1, 2020 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!