Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brittany Murphy: An ID Mystery

Has anyone watched this? I couldn't find a thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 6, 2020 6:09 AM

man I miss her laugh

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2020 6:46 AM

Why should I listen to you anyway? You’re a virgin who. can’t. drive.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2020 6:54 AM

I watched it, and they really laid it on heavy in terms of implying her mom was responsible. As much as I don't want to believe that, the circumstances of her death (and her husband's) are so bizarre and unclear that it wouldn't surprise me. Her death was truly a major loss for the other actors of her era--she was legitimately talented, and by all accounts a funny, goodhearted person. Her roles in "Girl, Interrupted" and "The Dead Girl" proved she was as good at drama as she was comedy.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2020 7:02 AM

Review.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2020 12:59 PM

Brittany Murphy was a GAP model in 2001.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2020 1:01 PM

The mother's voice / crying on the 911 call sounds so fake.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2020 1:14 PM

Shitty actress.

Most of her films involved stupid pratfalls and her getting injured for laughs.

No big loss.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2020 2:38 PM

The mom was responsible

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2020 2:39 PM

R7 - I think she only did pratfalls in the comedy Just Married.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2020 9:13 PM

R9, the nanny one

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2020 2:19 AM

Why the hell would her mom kill her? Her mom depended on her for money and care. She lost her meal ticket when Brittany died. She was worth a lot more money alive.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2020 2:26 AM

Killing me was way harsh, mom

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2020 2:29 AM

It seems like there was something very strange about her and her husbands death...my first feeling is that her mother poisoned them. On the other hand, it seems like they were rather dumb drug addicts.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2020 2:38 AM

no way mom did that, brit and hubby drugged themselves to death.

girl interrupted made angie a star and was winonas vehicle for an oscar but it was brit who stole that movie.

a real talent.

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2020 2:38 AM

Why in the world did she ever listen to her disgusting husband? I think Britney used her Mom and her Mom was sick and tired of the two of them. Most people will only take so much.

I think Melonia would easily kill Trump if given the chance. Except she would probably get Vlad to do it for her.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2020 2:45 AM

Wasn't she functionally retarded or at least somewhere on the spectrum?

I remember reading that somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2020 2:56 AM

Brittany and Simon were planning to move to New York and Sharon didn't want to go.

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2020 4:17 AM

I was prepared to believe in Simon until he let the Radar online cameras into the house to show them the bathroom where his wife died. I assume they paid him and maybe he needed the money but it is still pretty skeevy.

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2020 4:21 AM

I hate unsolved mysteries like this.

It seems like her husband dying of the same damn thing a short while later would have been enough to do a more in depth investigation.

Yes she was the mom's meal ticket, but maybe there was enough insurance to make their deaths worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2020 11:28 PM

Check out insurance and there was some crazy story that Brittany was scared and thought the government was trying to kill her. She was in Mexico or SA and witnessed something. Does anyone recall that?

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2020 11:48 PM

[quote]Hollywood superstar

ID laying it on thick there.

by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2020 11:51 PM

There was sone story about how they believe they were wiretapped and her dad checked her hair for some poison

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2020 11:54 PM

Maybe she had Covid-09.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2020 11:55 PM

R20, I don’t buy that. If a drug cartel had wanted to kill her, she would have been definitively executed, not slowly and mysteriously poisoned by someone creeping into her house secretly. The cartels are not known for their ninja subtlety. And once someone starts talking about government operatives following them, I think they’re paranoid and delusional.

She was an ill woman in a freakish and dysfunctional ménage.

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2020 12:01 AM

Where’s Mrs. Patsy Ramsey? She must have something to say to a fellow stage mother...

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2020 12:04 AM

She lived in a very damp house and wouldn't open the windows, she died of pneumonia and blood poisoning because the opioid based medicine she took depressed her respiratory system. She was unable to cough up the mucus from her lungs and the infection in it leaked into her blood.

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2020 1:36 AM

Do you think out was the same scenario with her husband? I wonder why the mother changed her stance on mold being the problem.

I listened to the 911 call, and the mother didn't ring true to me. Were there rumors of the mother having an affair with her son-in-law?

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2020 5:17 AM

R27, oh that’s right! The mother and Simon shared a bed after Brittany died. Supposedly it was just platonic and comfort. But goddamn, that is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2020 5:30 AM

We live in a new world. It’s time we face Uncomfortable truths head on. Like, if your mom would sell you to holywood, there isn’t much she WOULDNT do.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2020 5:40 AM

I once lived with a young brunette minx who dyed her hair blonde. She tried that whole “I’ll only eat my father’s chicken” nonsense with me. Well, things did not end well, let me tell you!

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2020 5:47 AM

R29 do you think there’s anything to jonBenet’s older half sister dying and then your daughter, and then yours widower ending up in a relationship with Beth Holloway after you went to hell? He likes the dead daughters, right? I’m just wondering your thoughts

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2020 6:49 AM

I meant r30

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2020 6:50 AM

Was their marriage happy? It looks like an odd match.

I really wish those close to her would speak out more, and that there was a more thorough investigation.

Did the farther inherit money from her estate? Maybe he was persuaded to not pursue the hair testing.

by Anonymousreply 33August 6, 2020 6:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!