Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Mayer's Playboy Interview

Use of the N-word, referring to his dick as "David Duke" and "a white supremacist" as his reason for not dating black women, degrading Jessica Simpson by describing their sex life. It's lucky for him that he didn't do some shit like this nowadays, or he'd be cancelled for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2020 3:25 PM

Between that and his extreme vocal/laryngeal issues, his career has been dead for years. He's a notorious shittalker and asshole and he burnt way too may bridges. He's a very talented guitarist but not enough to make up for his horrendous personality. The Russell Crowe of blues.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2020 4:07 AM

What about Justin Beiber?

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2020 4:07 AM

He needs to leak a gay sex tape ASAP to fix this.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2020 4:08 AM

R3 = Andy Cohen

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2020 4:11 AM

He's been long rumored to be a slutty bisexual, so you may one day get your wish R3.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2020 4:12 AM

What guy would know for sure?

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2020 4:13 AM

Cancel that bitch, he is so 2005!

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2020 4:16 AM

R1 Well his tours with the Grateful Dead remnants, as the Jerry Garcia replacement, are among the most successful still. 100s of millions of $. No way he on his own (or majority of "hit makers" fifteen years later) should be this successful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2020 4:18 AM

He’s worth 40-70m, cancel him... he can independently release music and tour still. I don’t think he’s racist and Perez is still hot for John this is his revenge.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2020 4:56 AM

Surprise anal.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2020 5:13 AM

He likes men too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 31, 2020 5:38 PM

So sexy

by Anonymousreply 12July 31, 2020 6:23 PM

He's always been kind of hot. Would screw

by Anonymousreply 13July 31, 2020 7:30 PM

He may be bit of a douchebag and attention seeker. But I find him very charming and sexy regardless.

by Anonymousreply 14July 31, 2020 7:40 PM

We’re not canceling him.

by Anonymousreply 15July 31, 2020 7:58 PM

i'm just suprised someone is still visiting that perez hilton site.

by Anonymousreply 16July 31, 2020 8:05 PM

While his "David Duke" penis comment was mindblowingly stupid. I really don't think John is a racist, he clearly loves and appreciates Black music and names all of his Black influences. He knows his blues and it's history. I think he was trying to be "edgy/ironic" (like an immature teenager) and it backfired on him which he apologized for and seemed genuine about it. We should be canceling certain politicians, corporations, CEOs, film producers, police departments and businesses, you know people and things that actually have power and influence to affect others.

by Anonymousreply 17July 31, 2020 8:06 PM

Perez's next article will be "Why Hasn't Ted Danson Been Canceled for Wearing Blackface in the '90s?"

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 8:42 PM

Perez is going after so many people and bringing up old news. He acts like he's this big whistleblower who will save society when all he is is a gossip who is just bored. The social climate was different back then (not excusing it but explaining it) and we all have done and said stupid things. He better be lucky people don't return the favor to him because we all know Perez probably has done much worse things than most of the people he is namedropping.

by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 9:02 PM

I find blackface (like what Danson and Trudeau did) wayyyyy more offensive than just graphically describing your sexual racial preferences (though naming your penis after a White supremacist is way too far). Because preferring to sleep with a certain race is much different than dressing up as and mocking them. You can't control what you are attracted to but you can choose to not blatantly mock certain people in public. I'm pretty sure blackface minstrels were considered outdated after the 1940s. And C Thomas Howell in "Soul Man" doesn't count as that was social satire and was done to mock 80s yuppie racism and he was hot for Rae Dawn Chong.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 9:35 PM

I wonder if you people calling for forgiveness for John using the N word would be so forgiving if he’d said “f-ggot” in that article. My guess is, probably not.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 9:36 PM

R11, do you expect us to sit through that entire video just to see when he says he likes guys?

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 9:37 PM

[R22] He says it at the very end. Like last 10 seconds

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 9:41 PM

R21 society at large would for sure. Paging Kevin Hart.

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 9:54 PM

Kevin Hart is irrelevant to a conversation about John Mayer using the N word and what are presumably gay men saying he should be forgiven for it.

by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 10:05 PM

"I really don't think John is a racist, he clearly loves and appreciates Black music and names all of his Black influences. He knows his blues and it's history."

It is possible for many white people to love black culture but not black people.

by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 10:06 PM

As cringeworthy as that interview is, I gotta be honest, in the extra sensitive world we live in it’s kind of refreshing to see an old school vulgar rock star interview.

by Anonymousreply 27July 31, 2020 10:07 PM

R3 A John Mayer/Shawn Mendes sex tape would break the internet

by Anonymousreply 28July 31, 2020 10:25 PM

He is quite sexy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 31, 2020 11:13 PM

R25 as irrelevant as a black straight person commenting on Kevin Hart saying Faggot.

by Anonymousreply 30July 31, 2020 11:40 PM

^Straight who? Me? Never in all my years. But, way to hide the fact that you don’t give a shit about bigotry when it’s directed toward blacks people.

by Anonymousreply 31July 31, 2020 11:42 PM

He’s been cancelled for years. His music sucks and the stories about what a scuzzy trash heap he is are everywhere. Oh, and he’s cheap, too, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 32July 31, 2020 11:53 PM

He's got some talent, but not even a fraction of his much he thinks he has. His heyday was at time when pop and rock was notoriously bad so critics gave him brownie points just for playing his own instruments. But by the late 2000s, there was a resurgence of genuinely talented Indie and rock acts who blew Mayer and his lame whisper singing into the dust. The pathetic try hard interview was disastrous because Mayers best bet at that point would be to be seen as a relatable nice guy. You can be a uber talented edgy asshole or a bland middling talent with a great personality. Bland plus asshole won't work.

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 12:31 AM

R27 what exactly was refreshing about it??

by Anonymousreply 34August 1, 2020 6:42 AM

I don’t know why we haven’t mentioned that John Mayer is bi-leaning-gay and loves to fuck twinks. We know he cultivates and flirts with them online all the time.

I’d be surprised if women aren’t an occasional thing for him now. He’s all about fucking twink ass.

by Anonymousreply 35August 1, 2020 9:05 AM

He’s been semi-cancelled for a while now. His career has never really bounced back since his ridiculous interview. Let him continue to fade away.

by Anonymousreply 36August 1, 2020 9:52 AM

IIRC, he got a lot of shit for that comment. People didn’t like it then, either.

by Anonymousreply 37August 1, 2020 10:36 AM

This caused some outrage back in the day, he chose a not so thoughtful way to say he is attracted to white women only (i know this could be considered discrimination nowadays but i still think you should not police other's people sexual preferences).

Hilton had some power in the past, but right now he is simply ridiculous. The whole Tom Daley outrage was one of the most pathetic things i've seen in a good while. He must be fuming nobody care about his oppinions

by Anonymousreply 38August 1, 2020 10:48 AM

he's ugly.

I'm sure Andy Cohen has sucked his dirty dick at least once.

by Anonymousreply 39August 1, 2020 10:53 AM

John was actually quite cute when he was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 1, 2020 11:55 AM

He looked good in the 2000s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 1, 2020 11:57 AM

Well that explains why Dave Chapelle loves him so much.

by Anonymousreply 42August 1, 2020 1:44 PM

He's still doable.

by Anonymousreply 43August 1, 2020 2:29 PM

Here’s a 300+ post thread on JM from 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 1, 2020 3:03 PM

Commercially irrelevant celebrities cannot be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 45August 1, 2020 3:12 PM

John has built a fan base that doesn’t require mainstream attention. His albums sell/stream well and he sells out arenas without anything to promote. Sort of that Phish or Dave Matthews category of fans that don’t listen to Top 40 and are fiercely loyal.

by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2020 3:15 PM

His ass is flat.

by Anonymousreply 47August 1, 2020 3:16 PM

No it’s not

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 1, 2020 3:19 PM

Yea, John is not in the top 40 hits but he has a loyal fanbase that will support him just like Pink, Alicia Keys and Fiona Apple. His more recent music is pretty good IMO and he moved beyond those sappy love songs he made in the early 2000s. Also, he has a hilarious personality and is very open and honest as shown on his social media.

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2020 3:20 PM

R48, that’s him running. Of course his bum is gonna look perky.

He also look like he stinks. Is he another hygienically challenged celebs like Robert Pattinson or Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2020 3:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!