Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pablo Alboran Comes Out as Gay: 'Today I Want My Voice To Be Louder’

In the midst of Pride Month, Pablo Alborán took to social media to share a very personal message with his fans.

“We need to reconsider our lives, careers, what does and doesn’t make us happy,” he said of the “bittersweet” year. “I think that we often forget about the love that unites us and makes us stronger.”

In a three-minute video posted to Instagram, the Spanish crooner came out as gay, reminding fans that he’s always fought against every manifestation that prohibits or embarrasses any freedom or equality, from racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia and any other type of hatred.

“Today, I want my voice to be louder and for it to have more value and weight. I’m here to tell you that I am homosexual and it’s okay,” Alborán expressed. “Life goes on, everything will remain the same, but I’m going to be a little happier than I already am.”

Raymix on Coming Out: 'Nothing Has Changed, I'm Still Me' In the video, posted Wednesday morning (June 17), the “Solamente Tu” singer said he feels blessed of being raised in a home where he had the freedom to be who he wanted to be and grateful for having the support of his friends and Warner Music family.

“But unfortunately, there are so many people that did not have the same experience I did. That’s why today, without fear, I hope I can make somebody’s journey easier with this message. But above all, I do this for me.”

Alborán further emphasized that his public life will focus on his music career with the respect of his profession and fans. “Music is freedom, I want to feel as free as my songs,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267November 21, 2021 1:43 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2020 4:46 PM

Never heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2020 4:46 PM

I think I've pissed on him.

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2020 4:55 PM

Good for him. He's handsome and has a gorgeous, clear voice (I know from overhearing his concerts three nights in a row last summer from across the river.) His songs tend to the sentimental, but he packs stadiums and is very popular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2020 5:37 PM

How deep into his career is he? How many hit albums?

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2020 5:38 PM

Will Maluma be next?

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2020 5:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2020 5:39 PM

I love his voice as well, R4, particularly in "Miedo" and "Saturno", and yes, he is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2020 5:41 PM

he fucked ricky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2020 5:45 PM

Quién?

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote]How deep into his career is he? How many hit albums?

R5. He's young--31, and has enjoyed success for a decade. He great grandfather was the Marqués de Alborán and his father is a fairly well known architect and his mother French. Seven albums, 20+ singles, Warner Brothers Records, and four or five of what seem to be very big tours -- judging just by the last I would say he is doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2020 5:55 PM

31 isn't young for pop. He's probably set for life, financially. I wonder if he has a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2020 5:57 PM

I don’t know her but yum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2020 5:58 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2020 6:15 PM

[quote]31 isn't young for pop. He's probably set for life, financially

True, but Spain isn't too quick to chop off the heads of its entertainers when they reach a sell-by date. And it's a place that is less demanding in how it measures success, and being gay in one of the countries most accepting at most at forefront of gay rights...his career will be fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2020 6:21 PM

Adorable. Muy muy muy.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2020 6:26 PM

Came out as a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2020 7:07 PM

He's a top.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2020 7:11 PM

R2: That's because you live in an anglocentric world.

But he is huge in Spain and a big star in a lot of spanish speaking countries and Portugal.

Unlike other cases he came out at the peak of his career

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2020 7:11 PM

I heard he's huge in Český Krumlov!

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2020 7:15 PM

Brno says Noshit.

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2020 7:21 PM

I fucked Ricky. Most everyone has fucked Ricky.

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2020 8:49 PM

Sizemeat verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2020 9:35 PM

r22 = RJA

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2020 5:43 AM

[quote]Sizemeat verificatia?

You go first, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2020 5:45 AM

From what I'm reading, the only men he has really been linked to have been Ricky and someone called Pelayo Diaz, a stylist I think ? Has there been any other guy mentioned in the Spanish media?

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2020 11:20 AM

No la conozco.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2020 11:32 AM

Pelayo Diaz is a stylist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2020 11:38 AM

He's young, hot, and has fairly large social media followings. That's all that maters.

Btw, he's got more followers than DL god Richard Madden on both Instagram and Twitter, so the angloqueens here sneering at hot young popular Pablo are out of their depth.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2020 11:43 AM

Haha, R28!

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2020 11:45 AM

Cutie:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2020 1:16 PM

DL hate Madden calm down, R29. And don't compare homophobic Hollywood where you can't be an A-list gay actor to being a singer in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2020 1:28 PM

R29: A good bunch of the youtube music videos with more views last year are in spanish, it's a big market.

R32: Do you think Hollywood is the only show business that it's homophobic? That's a good one.

He is not a singer in Spain, he is the most popular singer in Spain, and he is very popular in a lot of countries.

If you want to make a comparission Madden is not the right one

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2020 1:30 PM

It came as no surprise. Even when he was starting out, it was obvious to anyone. He has a couple great songs but that's it. And a top? My sides.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2020 1:34 PM

I know who Pablo is, I love him. But it's not the same for actors and singers.

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2020 1:38 PM

Nice. And glad he came out as "homosexual"/gay, not "queer".

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2020 1:47 PM

To those saying there are fewer risks to singers than to actors coming out, some Spanish-speakers are relaying on Twitter conversations with female fans who say that now they don't like Pablo as much. It's exactly what happens when a young actor comes out. When a man builds a career on being a heartthrob to women and girls, being openly gay is a professional risk, it doesn't matter what his exact artistic field is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2020 1:47 PM

DL has never cared about Richard Madden. Madden's conquests are a different story.

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2020 1:48 PM

Beautiful voice. "El Beso" I still listen to often.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2020 1:48 PM

I mentioned this one above, I love it...it has something almost Celtic in the melody, in my view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2020 1:57 PM

This is the other one (but he has many lovely songs)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2020 1:59 PM

Pablo has an alright voice. Not Luis Miguel level but it's above average.

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2020 2:09 PM

R37: To be honest, he always had a lot of adult fans, if you have adult fans the risk decrease a lot because most of them are mature enough to not care about who their idol dates.

Saying that, he has a lot of romantic songs and he is handsome so yes, part of his fandom is the traditional one who has fantasies with his idol.

With this things you never know, Ricky Martin resurrected his career with his coming out (and that was totally unexpected).

And people who are saying this is no surprise, i disagree. It's true that it's no surprise that he is gay, there were always rumours and he always avoided to talk about his private life, but the coming out it's quite surprising, he is at the peak of his career, it's not that common to come out in Spain (yes, the country is very tolerant but most artists stay in the closet, even if bearding is way less prominent than in other countries) and he has a lot of fans in south america. I wasn't expecting him to come out at least not right now

R42: Luis Miguel has a great voice but curiously i totally hate the way he sings. It's curious you mention him because i think they are polar opposites (of course Luis Miguel had a very fucked up childhood and teen years)

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2020 2:11 PM

Who is she again?

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2020 2:13 PM

Running through the woods in that scarf... Mary!

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2020 2:14 PM

Who? Who came out today? Pablo what?

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2020 2:18 PM

Any more information on Pablo? How'd he grow up? Why does he like scarfs so much?

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2020 2:21 PM

Does his foreskin taste like paella? 🥘

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2020 2:21 PM

well, he is probably the most famous person who came out this year, but he is not famous in the USA so i suppose it doesn't mean a thing (at least for some)

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2020 2:22 PM

R11 mentioned some details, R47. He's also mentioned having anxiety.

The article below is quite interesting...describes him as very sensitive. (It's old but seems to have been updated to include his coming out)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2020 2:33 PM

He's handsome and cute, and doesn't come across as off putting. Seems well adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2020 2:38 PM

This isn't the Ricky who was presented to America. Hip swaying, sure. But jerking off motions?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2020 2:40 PM

Maybe you mean Maluma, R52?

And yes, I agree, R51.

by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2020 2:44 PM

r52 is a gif of Ricky Martin, no?

by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2020 2:46 PM

[quote]and Warner Music family.

so this was a business decision?

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2020 2:48 PM

r55 Non sequitur.

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2020 2:56 PM

I think we have our lead for the Ramon Novarro biopic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2020 3:00 PM

I've heard of him, but I never heard his music (mainstream Latin pop isn't my thing, more of a rock en espanol and salsa guy), but good for him. The English speaking world has been dealing with openly gay/bisexual pop stars since the 70's, but in the Spanish-speaking world, it's still a bit of a risk to come out. There aren't many who are open, so it had to be a scary thing for him.

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2020 3:09 PM

"it's still a bit of a risk to come out."

I've heard far too many stories and read far too many stories here and the news to know the risk we put ourselves in to be gay.

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2020 3:25 PM

[Quote] The English speaking world has been dealing with openly gay/bisexual pop stars since the 70's

This is a rather misleading statement.

by Anonymousreply 60June 18, 2020 3:26 PM

Didn't Elton John marry a woman in the 70's?

by Anonymousreply 61June 18, 2020 3:52 PM

In the mid '80s.

by Anonymousreply 62June 18, 2020 3:55 PM

Maybe he will un-gay himself like coward Brandon Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 63June 18, 2020 4:04 PM

Say what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2020 4:05 PM

In a magazine interview, Brandon walked back his coming out.

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2020 4:48 PM

He's gorgeous, most Spanish men are. I'm happy for him. He's quite famous too.

by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2020 8:03 PM

This guy is kind of big in Latin America. This is huge news, especially because he's getting a stellar reception to his coming out .

Spanish guys are so hot.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2020 9:03 PM

[Quote] Spanish guys are so hot.

---Blushes---

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2020 9:06 PM

Never heard of him. Average looking.

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2020 9:07 PM

Re: English-speaking pop stars coming out as gay or bisexual.

David Bowie announced he was gay in 1972. Elton John came out as bisexual in 1976. Sylvester acknowledged his sexuality from the get-go, didn't even have to come out. The Village People told Rolling Stone in 1979 that some of the members were gay, and some were straight.

And there were lesser figures, such as Jobriath (who was supposed to be a big star, received an enormous publicity push from his label, but his album flopped...fascinating story) and Tony Washington, lead singer of the Dynamic Superiors (modestly successful R&B group on Motown), who can be seen in his full gay glory in this 1974 "Soul Train" performance:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2020 9:39 PM

R69: I've never heard of half the people named in DL thread titles and...what was your point?

by Anonymousreply 71June 18, 2020 9:40 PM

It's not quite as simple as all that. When Sylvester recorded "Lover Man" he dropped the "man" from the lyric. While Dusty Springfield, Elton John, Sylvester etc. were brave in many ways, they prevaricated as well - and I don't say that as a criticism, they could only be "so" brave. They weren't out in the same way as their counterparts of today.

by Anonymousreply 72June 18, 2020 9:42 PM

Pablo Alderaan? Star Wars?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 18, 2020 9:47 PM

But give credit to Sylvester for switching the gender on "I (Who Have Nothing)", to "she...she buys you diamonds", making it a song about him competing with a woman for a man's affection. And he released it as a single.

by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2020 9:47 PM

[Quote] But give credit to Sylvester for switching the gender on "I (Who Have Nothing)", to "she...she buys you diamonds", making it a song about him competing with a woman for a man's affection.

Men tend to be bought diamonds?

by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2020 9:58 PM

If a woman is the one buying the diamond, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2020 10:00 PM

[quote]I mentioned this one above, I love it...it has something almost Celtic in the melody, in my view.

"Celtic"? It's FLAMENCO 💃 you dope! 😂

Seriously though, he sings flamenco influenced pop and he's HUGE in Spain. A household name. He's set for life financially type of famous, meaning even when he stops charting, his music will continue to be played on the radio, TV, movies, weddings and malls for decades. Here's one of his most ubiquitous hits which everybody in Spain knows. I love his voice too.

As you can see, the YouTube views are not to be sneezed at. Spain's population is only a seventh of the U.S. and some of his videos have like half a billion views.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2020 2:41 PM

No. I hear the Celtic influence as well. Galicians and Celts have a lot in common.

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2020 2:49 PM

You can hear what you want but the melisma is his singing is from flamenco, nothing Celtic about it. Aso, Pablo is Andalusian, not Galician, so yes. Flamenco. Here's a less diluted version of a flamenco-pop. It's a genre on its own in Spain though not quite flamenco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2020 3:04 PM

That's a stretch, R78. As is saying you hear African influence in Annie Lennox because, well, Manchester had an important role in the slave trade to the Americas -- only Annie Lennox is from Scotland, not Manchester.

Alborán is from Malaga, in Andalucia, with none of the (modest) influence of Celts in far away Asturias and Galicia.

Flamenco.

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2020 3:06 PM

I'm talking about the video at r40. The strings circa 1:51. Very Celtic.

The wiki entry for the song, lists its genre as "Buleria-Celta," so others hear it too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2020 3:13 PM

[Quote] As is saying you hear African influence in Annie Lennox

I absolutely hear African-American influence in Annie Lennox. There's a reason she sought out the likes of Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin and Al Green as duet partners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2020 3:14 PM

Many British singers affect an American accent when they sing.

by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2020 4:44 PM

Many American singers affect an English accent when they sing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2020 4:58 PM

Thank you R78 / R81! Obviously I am aware it's not actual Celtic music but there are parts of the melody that sound like it. I love the mixture.

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2020 5:50 PM

Now he’s going to whore it up big time. They always do once they come out to make up for lost time.

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2020 5:53 PM

I'm a sucker for flamenco-flavored pop, but that clip above is VERY light on the flamenco. Hardcore, authentic flamenco is, for me, a bit of a tough listen, but when certain elements of it are incorporated into pop music, I frickin' love it.

One example that comes to mind is this version of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You"...if I had to rate how much I like the original on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it about a 4. I don't hate it, but if it came on the radio, I'd probably change the station to look for something better. It took a duo from Spain that goes by Tucara to turn it into something I can get into. The rhythms, the handclaps, the guttural vocal stylings, the accent, are all flamenco-lite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2020 6:09 PM

Yes, I agree, R87, I much prefer Flamenco in combination with other elements. Alone it can get too much for me personally.

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2020 6:28 PM

Can I adopt him?

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2020 6:46 PM

Never heard of him... at least he don't come out as "Queer".

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2020 6:59 PM

"Ese estímulo definitorio que lo ha hecho lanzarse no se conoce aún, pero JALEOS sí ha podido confirmar que el cantante andaluz está enamorado e ilusionado. Se trata de una pareja anónima, alejada del mundo del espectáculo y los focos. Esa persona habría jugado un papel importante en la determinación de Alborán. "

So he is dating someone non-famous? I wonder if they will make any kind of appearance soon (within the current restriction context).

Disclaimer: I have no idea whether El Español is a reliable source of information or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2020 1:31 AM

Step aside, Nestor, I've found a new son!

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2020 1:51 AM

R91 I lived in Spain and never heard of El Español. Maybe it's a regional newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2020 1:58 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2020 2:04 AM

Who is she? Who was she? Who does she hope to be?

by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2020 2:06 AM

I think it's just an online newspaper, R93, but I am reading now that it was founded by one of Spain's top journalists who was the editor at El Mundo but was ousted. It's quite an interesting story.

by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2020 2:14 AM

r93 A regional newspaper would carry the name of the region instead of the country.

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2020 2:25 AM

He’s hot.

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2020 3:34 AM

Were there any gay rumors about him before?

by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2020 3:38 AM

" I consider myself a top because I like to sit on top of erect penises. "

by Anonymousreply 100June 20, 2020 4:54 AM

R99 I think he was rumored to be with Ricky Martin.

by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2020 5:12 AM

I ain't ever heard of him, who is he?

by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2020 5:14 AM

[quote]Were there any gay rumors about him before?

Plenty. Always shut down by Spanish fangurls, though.

by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2020 6:48 AM

El Español is a legit newspaper, founded five or six years ago by a fired editor of El Mundo. It has a political position as newspapers do but it's not extremely right, left, or middle.

by Anonymousreply 104June 20, 2020 9:02 AM

Good for him.

In my visits to social media this week I've seen a number of actors and models who refuse to be out (even when discussing the gay roles they play, even when asked about playing gay roles), lecturing the world and the LGBT community about pride.

It's 2020 for crying out loud. If you're going to be in the closet, shut the damn door and don't "IG" and "tweet" your love for Pride and pushing pride if you're not proud enough to be out.

If you're out, welcome to the other side.

by Anonymousreply 105June 20, 2020 9:13 AM

[Quote] It has a political position as newspapers do but it's not extremely right, left, or middle.

Is it moderately right, left or middle?

by Anonymousreply 106June 20, 2020 9:14 AM

[quote]I'm a sucker for flamenco-flavored pop, but that clip above is VERY light on the flamenco.

What? The clip at r79? She's actually a real flamenco singer who switched to recording pop.

by Anonymousreply 107June 20, 2020 9:36 AM

^ Wanted to add that the guitar work in r79 could turn an atheist into a believer. So, so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 108June 20, 2020 9:48 AM

I love his songs, great voice too. To say nothing about how handsome he is. He also seems a great guy. Here is a rare interview in English from four years ago, quite interesting: he mentioned his only heartbreak ("he"?) resulting in three albums, his French mother, living with his parents, American musicians he would like to work with (John Mayer !?) , taking a break, the favorite songs etc.

Spanish DLers: any rumors of his (anonymous) BF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 20, 2020 10:55 AM

R108: Guitar music does nothing for me... except for Spanish guitar music. In Andalucia, you don't have to look hard to find it. Flipping channels on TV last month I stopped to watch this guy from Cadiz on one of the "X Has Got Talent" sorts of shows (coronavirus edition.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 20, 2020 11:50 AM

[Quote] he mentioned his only heartbreak ("he"

Funny how no one picked up on that. But I guess he's unknown to the English speaking world and the Spanish press were unlikely to watch a random English language interview of his.

by Anonymousreply 111June 20, 2020 1:03 PM

Thank you for sharing that interview, R109, I really enjoyed it. He seems really sweet, and it's interesting that his accent seems to be a mixture of French and Spanish, which makes sense with a French mother. Also great choice re the Bolero.

Did I mishear or did he actually say "he" in connection to his heartbreak? At the time it was probably seen as a language issue, if so, I'd imagine.

by Anonymousreply 112June 20, 2020 1:09 PM

Yes. He said "he."

by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2020 1:11 PM

Yes, R111! I didn't see your post till I finished mine and I missed that R109 had already pointed it out!

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2020 1:11 PM

R112, his English accent does sound a bit surprising in the interview at R109, more generically Euro, less specifically Spanish than I expected. His Spanish sounds Spanish however, deeper than in English, and Spanish/Andalusian. His mother was born to Spanish parents in Casablanca, during the French Protectorate.

[quote]De padre malagueño —el arquitecto Salvador Moreno de Alborán Peralta— y madre francesa —Helena Ferrándiz Martínez, hija de españoles nacida en Casablanca durante el protectorado francés de Marruecos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2020 1:38 PM

IFHH

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2020 5:15 PM

Gossip of romantic links...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2020 5:33 PM

I want to cum on his face

by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2020 6:06 PM

Thanks, R117. Interesting guy...and quite good-looking though I think Pable is definitely more handsome. I am curious is he was the source of the three albums of heartbreak he mentioned in the interview above then.

by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2020 6:22 PM

*Pablo

by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2020 6:23 PM

and *if

by Anonymousreply 121June 20, 2020 6:25 PM

Seems like Pablo has excellent taste in men.

by Anonymousreply 122June 20, 2020 6:29 PM

Apparently, he was always living openly but at the same time denied being gay!? My Spanish is very basic, but I understand that he denied being gay. Did he actually address the kiss on the yacht (who is the other guy?) couple of years ago as a friendly peck? It does not look like so at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 20, 2020 6:38 PM

I don't think he ever denied being gay, in another article he just said the guy he was kissing on that boat was a friend who is married and has a child etc. (and honestly it looks more like a friendly kiss). So far I never read that he outright denied being gay, but others please correct me if I'm wrong. And yes, in the earlier article it says they were quite open about their relationship. This may explain why he said "he" in that English interview and didn't seem to want to correct it or anything, it seemed quite natural.

by Anonymousreply 124June 20, 2020 6:52 PM

Yeah, the way he has his hand around the guy's head and covering his mouth reads like they have a brother like relationship. Also, when the kiss is planted, the other guy has his hand way out from his body. The body language was not that of a couple.

by Anonymousreply 125June 20, 2020 7:07 PM

OK, I may agree with you guys that was a friendly kiss. Btw, R125 look better, he is the "other guy", not the one holding the kid.

by Anonymousreply 126June 20, 2020 8:46 PM

R124 Have you seen this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 20, 2020 9:29 PM

I hadn't, R127, just read a few quotes before. I didn't watch the full video, but I get the idea, thank you. So, I guess he was very much on board with pretending to be interested in women. Well, I am glad that is now behind him.

by Anonymousreply 128June 20, 2020 9:43 PM

So it was true that he was fucking Pelayo Diaz??

I bet Pelayo is not going to be that happy, now that he's married to the Argentinian loser when he could have been with Pablo all this time.

by Anonymousreply 129June 20, 2020 9:47 PM

Sorry, but who are these people?! LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 130June 20, 2020 9:52 PM

R129 !? Him denying the relationship in media (saying he is single in 2016), wouldn't prevent them from actually having one. But it doesn't mean that every relationship he denied, now automatically turns real. It seems that the only known ex is the Sicilian dancer. Anyway, I am more curious who is the current one.

by Anonymousreply 131June 20, 2020 10:42 PM

I agree, R131, that this doesn't mean that relationships he's denied necessarily happened after all, and yes, I am also more curios about the current one, but previous boyfriends are just interesting in terms of a pattern or type.

by Anonymousreply 132June 20, 2020 10:55 PM

So many Spanish men are so utterly sexy! ! !

Nevertheless, this exceptionally cute young man has a tiny voice which would be lost without microphones and sophisticated audio-engineering.

by Anonymousreply 133June 20, 2020 11:12 PM

He’s far richer than you.

by Anonymousreply 134June 20, 2020 11:16 PM

good for him, but his songs are super boring and lack rythm, everytime they put a song on the radio i always have to change the channel because his songs are bad as hell.

by Anonymousreply 135June 20, 2020 11:21 PM

I actually like almost all the songs of his I've heard, R135, they have interesting melodies. Then I again, I can barely stand most current music and find that quite boring. It's great that we can all find music to our different tastes!

by Anonymousreply 136June 20, 2020 11:35 PM

Andalusians are the hottest men in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 137June 21, 2020 7:02 AM

R137 The men of Barcelona are hotter!

They drop their pants and sizzle!

by Anonymousreply 138June 21, 2020 7:18 AM

^ No. Catalans are not considered "hot" in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 139June 21, 2020 7:58 AM

He seems like an act Simon Cowell would midwife - Il Divo, Robson & Jerome, Westlife - very "CD you'd buy for Mother's Day."

by Anonymousreply 140June 21, 2020 8:55 AM

What a lucky fool was the guy who inspired breakup songs like "Recuérdame" and "Dónde Está El Amor".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 21, 2020 11:12 AM

His words from this rather short interview from a year ago: "The world is increasingly homophobic, more sexist, more racist -- it is as if we were infected by a virus. People do not have the empathy that songs used to have."

Smart, sensitive, sweet, super talented, handsome, humble.. This guy is amazing. How can one be that perfect?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 22, 2020 11:54 AM

He's probably a scat queen.

by Anonymousreply 143June 22, 2020 11:55 AM

R142 He's opening his mouth very wide but he still needs to get that microphone close so the recording engineer can hear his voice.

by Anonymousreply 144June 22, 2020 12:07 PM

[Quote] He's opening his mouth very wide but he still needs to get that microphone close so the recording engineer can hear his voice.

Are we a pressed opera singer?

by Anonymousreply 145June 22, 2020 12:11 PM

His voice perfectly matches the sentiment of his songs.

by Anonymousreply 146June 22, 2020 12:27 PM

Without DL, I couldn't keep up with 3rd tier celebs past or present.

by Anonymousreply 147June 22, 2020 12:30 PM

He's not 3rd tier in Spain.

by Anonymousreply 148June 24, 2020 8:37 AM

Isn't he one of the most popular singers in the Latin world? Sold out stadiums not only in Spain but throughout Latin America and Portugal, regularly touring, this year's tour cancelled by Corona. Maybe he is not as much a "celebrity", because he is very private. Latin media still report on his official coming out and supposed ex relationships, forums as well. R147 There is a world outside the USA and even more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 149June 24, 2020 11:57 AM

Did he beard?

by Anonymousreply 150June 24, 2020 12:06 PM

No, that "beard" thing is just Hollywood phenomenon. But he was private on his SM (will probably stay so) while being honest, open and free in the lyrics of his songs.

by Anonymousreply 151June 24, 2020 1:56 PM

He managed to be a young, relatively attractive male star for decade or more without any romantic life in the tabloids? Jon K was photographed with Bassave repeatedly, right?

by Anonymousreply 152June 24, 2020 1:57 PM

There were always rumors and at least twice massive press, like 5-6 years ago re Ricky Martin and then couple of years ago re "a kiss on the boat" (he really is irresistible even for his straight friends lol) . Both times he denied relationships without declaring his sexuality. It is possible in Europe where the press is usually not going over the public-private line. Now, a trashy tv show exposed his alleged ex and that caused a lot of stir.

by Anonymousreply 153June 24, 2020 2:17 PM

[Quote] It is possible in Europe where the press is usually not going over the public-private line

But isn't there a Gay List every year in one of the Spanish newspapers? Jon K has been listed despite never speaking publicly on his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 154June 24, 2020 2:20 PM

Do you have a link, r154? Europeans are loathe to out anyone against their will. I lived in Italy and there was literally zero gay gossip about their stars. Same with Germany. Unless a celebrity steps out in public, their private life is private.

by Anonymousreply 155June 25, 2020 5:37 AM

I want to share this find as an interesting example of how the press is imposing hetero image to celebrities, even when they don't ask for it. This is an article from one of the most popular newspapers in Spain (not some tabloid), from literary a day before his coming out, echoing R152 questions: how "a huge star, one of the most successful musicians in the decade, worldwide known" manages to stay hermetically private. It starts with speculations about him being gay, but then that is quickly dismissed by backing up the hetero image on an anecdote he once told (mentioned ex GF lol) and a photo with his close female friend. Their readers turned out to be much smarter than the author, one comment in particular says smth like "sick of imposing hetero norm to celebrities... whether he is hetero/bi/gay leave him be... whatever makes him happy".

I don't know if this kind of articles additionally motivated him to set things straight. But I very much appreciate him coming out as homosexual, not "bi", despite that the press pathed him much easier option. Even more so when the vast majority of his audience are women. They seem to love and support him anyway (unlike straight men being mostly homophobic). Yet another example how the audience turns out to be smarter than the press that feeds it. I hope the press (and recording companies and studios!) will learn something about the audience out of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 25, 2020 9:45 AM

Yes, R156, it's definitely admirable that he didn't take the "easy" way out and say he was bi. Good for him...and it would really be great if the media would stop with the assumptions for sure.

by Anonymousreply 157June 25, 2020 10:32 AM

Do you really think the media just assume? Remember how NPH came out after a publicist inned him? The publicist thought they were doing their job.

by Anonymousreply 158June 25, 2020 10:38 AM

No, you're right, it is often quite intentional, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 159June 25, 2020 11:12 AM

R155 It's probably this list of 100 most important gay people in Spain that R154 asked about. Finally updated for 2020 they put Pablo Alboran at No 1 in front of a minister, Pedro Almodovar etc. In the comment for Alboran, it says they asked him many times before to put him on the list, but only now after official coming out he allowed them. So it is not outing list, but rather "Proudly Gay"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 25, 2020 1:51 PM

I guess that means Kortajarena has given his approval in the past.

by Anonymousreply 161June 25, 2020 1:56 PM

Horton hears a...who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 25, 2020 1:58 PM

Good lord gringos, did the movie Selena teach you nothing? There are superstars out there you have never heard of but have a following in the Latin world.

by Anonymousreply 163June 25, 2020 2:02 PM

Lies.

by Anonymousreply 164June 25, 2020 2:03 PM

Such a bottom...

by Anonymousreply 165June 27, 2020 9:24 PM

According to Spanish media this guy was in a relationship with Pablo for 5 (!?) years since 2011. I checked his IG and at first, though handsome, he seemed just too mellow to inspire three albums. But then I saw this intimate interview from Eurovision 2015. He turned out to be funny, sweet but sexy, playful and naturally flirty (with both camera and the interviewer, poor thing lol) but also serious and well mannered (none of Sicilian machismo acting). It must have really been an open secret about them, by the way the interviewer tried to corner him, though he said he was single and unavailable ("too busy"). Now the strange answer on "With whom would he spend a crazy night? ... A name? ...Initials?" makes sense, when after avoiding, he finally answers "Pues Apuntó..." (native speakers: did I get it right?) and they both laughed. We also learned that he enjoys sex and likes to experiment, fewer but long for hours. Recurring theme in many lyrics matches this "pocas pero largas", lol.

Could a native speaker help me with the part with his choreographer (from ~16:00)? I don't understand key bits so maybe completely misunderstand why she kept saying "I cannot tell you".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166June 29, 2020 11:54 PM

Do Italians and Spaniards commingle a lot? I have the impression (not based on too much data, I admit) that the gay ones, at least, do.

by Anonymousreply 167June 30, 2020 12:18 AM

r166 who is the interviewer ?

by Anonymousreply 168June 30, 2020 12:27 AM

Thanks for this, R166. I will try to watch that tomorrow...but I doubt I will be much help since I'm not a native speaker either.

by Anonymousreply 169June 30, 2020 12:45 AM

Never heard of this guy but he's cute and seems nice. His coming out saying he was homosexual and not gay is kind of funny. Good luck, he has like 5 million followers on Instagram so he's apparently fairly popular. His Spanish accent is cute too, I usually find it annoying but on him it's fine.

by Anonymousreply 170June 30, 2020 12:47 AM

R166 assuming you're talking about the lady she was asked to talk about their intimacy and she keeps saying she can't talk about it, because they're very very very very close friends, they've lived together in Madri, they've been on the road together, from "breakfast to dinner" and things she would tell are very heavy (in the sense of being intimate, etc) that's basically what she says.

by Anonymousreply 171June 30, 2020 12:56 AM

This Q&A video is from 3 years ago, at the time of promoting his 4th album Prometo. His favorite film (Das Leben der Anderen, 2006) is an excellent choice, probably not well known to a wider audience. But then, his favorite novelist is a German author that I never heard of.

My Spanish is rather poor, so I may be mistaken, but while answering a question about dedicating love/breakup songs and being romantic (~4:40), he seemed a bit confusing while carefully choosing words ("una persona"). It will be interesting if asked again, for the promotion of his upcoming album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 21, 2020 3:06 PM

is it common for english speaking closeted guys to used words like .. I love somebody who is, im looking for a person who ..... as if they were trying to avoid the word girl or woman.?

by Anonymousreply 173July 21, 2020 3:43 PM

Thanks, R172, that was an enjoyable interview!! Promotion for his next album will definitely be interesting.

I wish my Spanish were better but it's interesting keeps mentioning his writing/music as therapy...that he basically writes in a "trance". It's refreshing that he says the song determines its own style if I understood correctly. I also like what he said about romance...that it's not about flowers etc.

One question: Is he saying he dreams about elevators a lot or did I completely misunderstand that, haha? I do too, which is why I was intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 174July 21, 2020 3:44 PM

R173: He seems a little vague about gender but also seems to want to avoid being too specific about telling stories about every song and explaining the meanings. The one thing relates I assume to being closeted and having music videos with beautiful girls as some implied love interest when the lyrics are never specific about the sex of the other party. The other just seems a smart thing to not get dogged with stupid questions about some other interviewer's question six years ago about the meaning of a song lyric. Smarter to explain less and let people supply their own meaning.

by Anonymousreply 175July 21, 2020 4:04 PM

This weekend he started IG following 13 guys from this photo taken on their weekend trip to Andalucía.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 28, 2020 6:53 AM

A closer look at some of the guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 28, 2020 6:54 AM

Never heard of him. I don't need to be told it's "ok". Is this 1989?

by Anonymousreply 178July 28, 2020 7:41 AM

R178 What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 179July 28, 2020 7:50 AM

r178, a lot of people think it's not okay, that's why so many stars are still in the closet

by Anonymousreply 180July 28, 2020 3:55 PM

Thanks, R176 / R177. That seems somewhat random but also quite deliberate. I'm intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 181July 29, 2020 12:10 AM

But all those guys appear to be bears... uh.

by Anonymousreply 182July 29, 2020 12:29 AM

Me too R181. I just noticed that his IG following increased, clicked on the first guy and they all popped up in two photos. Some followed him back, but not all yet.

by Anonymousreply 183July 29, 2020 7:19 AM

[quote]That seems somewhat random but also quite deliberate.

Could be, R181, or it could just be Spain where there are fewer degrees of separation and it's not odd to know someone in a group of 15 gay bearish men.

by Anonymousreply 184July 29, 2020 7:44 AM

He was already following (though not for very long) one guy (hot) from the group. Did he get notifications when the guy is tagged in those two photos? I get that he liked both photos, but why he started following all other guys in them, it puzzles me. Did he meet them all over the weekend in his Andalusia? Or he has another reason to follow many friends of the initial guy? I understand that now without concert tours he has more time to surf IG/SM but I don't see that he started following other random groups of gays. I doubt it is random.

by Anonymousreply 185July 29, 2020 11:03 AM

Right, R185. He has 5.6M Instagram followers and he follows just 771 accounts so it doesn't look like he's having an assistant do the follow-and-drop trolling method to boost his numbers.

by Anonymousreply 186July 29, 2020 11:23 AM

He’s Spanish. His voice is plenty loud.

by Anonymousreply 187July 29, 2020 11:46 AM

Ha :) I thought before to speculate here about his relationship with this guy, actor José de la Torre ("Ivan" from ToyBoy Netflix). It seems I am not the only one who noticed some IG clues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 8, 2020 9:50 AM

The newspapers and the gossip media, la prensa rosa, have by now some fairly long lists of Alboran's special friends.

No one can say he has terrible taste in good looks.

by Anonymousreply 189August 8, 2020 10:02 AM

I know R189 and TBH these press lists seem mostly BS to me: like let's list every gay (or rumored to be gay) guy he ever crossed paths with as his "special friend". I just had a hunch about this actor (not really famous, local, and not so far mentioned in press) - but they may be just close friends (Pablo's "revenge" IG story was follow up to previous Jose's IG story - their work out sessions in a hotel gym).

Btw, you should check Pablo's following list - there is a lot of really hot guys there.

by Anonymousreply 190August 8, 2020 10:28 AM

Thanks, R188! The guy looks good and seems fun from his instagram!

And yes, R189, he does seem to have good taste in general, haha!

by Anonymousreply 191August 8, 2020 11:18 AM

I am still not sure R191 and I don't rush into conclusions. Their IG interactions now give me more of a buddy vibe, the like of José and Jesús Mosquera (the lead from ToyBoy) give off. I even thought before that José and Jesús might have something more than a friendship. Neither of them is out (the actors in Spain are not chased/forced to) and neither IG/interviews are flaming or whatever, but there are many circumstantial SM clues that they might be gay, at least for José. I hope this rumor about Pablo & José will not spread in Spanish press/SM and indirectly out José. Not sure this kind of publicity would help him keep getting roles now that his career started taking off.

by Anonymousreply 192August 9, 2020 9:04 AM

Thanks for clarifying, R192!

by Anonymousreply 193August 9, 2020 12:08 PM

Various further reporting of Alboaran and Jose de la Torre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 16, 2020 1:26 PM

R194 It's the same text copy & pasted through mostly Mexican media last few days. They initially said that their source was Spanish press but there is nothing related there - although Spanish media regularly report on every single Alboran's IG post describing each frivolous detail. But nothing so far about this rumor.

In the meantime Pablo went to Ibiza where his friends are on vacation: 1 straight couple, 1 gay couple and this guy Ricardo Ruiz (in 2017 it was Jose in the same combination instead of RR). Pablo has been following Ruiz for some time before he followed the whole group of his friends recently (see R176 R185) - these guys are now also in Ibiza.

So who is his BF? Jose or Ricardo or? Or none of the above? Pablo Alboran is such a teaser.

Btw, the photo is liked by both Jose and Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 16, 2020 5:21 PM

Thanks for the updates!! Maybe he is having fun keeping everyone guessing. Or more likely just living his life while everyone can only speculate, haha.

by Anonymousreply 196August 16, 2020 10:17 PM

I want him to spill the beans regarding his fling with Ricky Martin.

by Anonymousreply 197August 17, 2020 5:17 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 198August 17, 2020 5:19 PM

Why are all Spaniards so hot? It also seems like Spain is very very gay.

by Anonymousreply 199August 17, 2020 5:46 PM

I agree with your "more likely" option R196 but... he also likes to keep his fans and media alert, it comes with the territory. For example, today, after a couple of days in Ibiza, his first IG post is from the recording studio: a muted read-my-lips teaser for a new song. He knows that his IG is now being monitored for BF clues, and he cleverly uses the media focus to build hype for the new album ("the most personal, very special").

by Anonymousreply 200August 18, 2020 4:00 PM

Good for him then!! It's smart to capitalize on the speculation/interest since he can't really avoid it.

by Anonymousreply 201August 18, 2020 4:07 PM

Con sal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 27, 2020 12:21 PM

The media now dubbed him "el rey del hype" while it's them who rush to report on his every IG post, creating mystery about recent black&white photos and letters. It was a nice little suspense game he played with his fans, though not that mysterious as the media exaggerates. And they also are quite sloppy, e.g. mistaken the recording studio (near Madrid) or his family home for his own place to speculate about "a mysterious BF who took the photos", while it could be any crew or family member. But he doesn't make it easy for the media either, some places in his IG posts are hard to guess (like the one from R202 yesterday).

In the meantime, the media, even the most persistent Mexican, abandoned the rumor about the relationship with Jose - who seems to spend time hanging out day and night mostly with Jesus and a few new friends on local beaches, gyms and a music festival.

by Anonymousreply 203August 28, 2020 7:53 AM

NOBODY cares about your voice, dude. Take off your shirt.

by Anonymousreply 204August 28, 2020 9:41 AM

I guess this beach is near Aldeia Do Meco (Setubal, Portugal) close to a home of a couple he now follows on IG. And both guys now follow Ricardo Ruiz => very likely PA has spent last few days in Portugal with RRJ.

He really knows how to enjoy life. Coming out was also very good for him. He gained more followers and the press praises him even more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205September 1, 2020 8:33 PM

You heard it here first: he is dating Ricardo Ruiz, a Madrid based banker. I have suspected for some time, today I can bet.

So much about gossip "experts" from prensa rosa (e.g. link in R194) who yet again came up as lazy (copy & paste), stupid (no proof checking or proper investigation) and liars (invented a very specific detail from "a source close to both").

Now let us see how long it will take the media to discover that PA s with RRJ. I bet not before, if ever, Pablo posts it himself on IG.

by Anonymousreply 206September 5, 2020 5:20 PM

Interesting, R206! Can you share more about this?

by Anonymousreply 207September 10, 2020 3:58 PM

Sure R207. This is the result of a simple IG investigation, a sort of info hunting game.

I think they met mid January, of course no idea when they actually hooked up, but definitely before his coming out mid June.

The probability that RR is the guy has been increasing during last couple of months. First Pablo mass followed RR's friends (R176, R185) - it was like 20% for me. Then RR was +1 in the usual Ibiza set (R195) - raised above 50%. Next stop: Portugal and indirect but rather strong indication that RR was there with him (R205) - jumped above 90%. Finally, a week ago, Pablo followed on IG a very close friend of RR and the guy's long term BF - while the friend (TV guy) posted a photo of his dinner guests as IG story. There were 5 in the photo gathered behind the table: tv guy, his BF, RR, Pablo and another one. 100% IMO. Or 99% if you still want to keep an open mind. To me the case is closed for the time being while Pablo is busy with his upcoming SHQ single and V album.

by Anonymousreply 208September 13, 2020 10:51 AM

Pics of said banker?

by Anonymousreply 209September 13, 2020 10:58 AM

Do I have to do all this work R209? Seriously, it's quite easy. Although RR has private IG, he is often tagged in many holiday posts of his friends. Start from R176 link to their trip to Almería and enjoy the search. If you want to see him in a suit, check his linkedin.

Despite many photos of him in swimming trunks/briefs, my pick for you is this one with Pablo's friend because of her flattering words for RR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210September 15, 2020 6:04 AM

[Quote] Do I have to do all this work

Don't front. You enjoy the hunt.

by Anonymousreply 211September 15, 2020 6:07 AM

[quote] [R2]: That's because you live in an anglocentric world. But he is huge in Spain

Zzzzzzzz...

by Anonymousreply 212September 15, 2020 6:11 AM

Idiots like Zzzzz can't learn other languages.

by Anonymousreply 213September 15, 2020 8:16 AM

Thanks, R208! Sorry, I haven't been on here for over a week!

by Anonymousreply 214September 21, 2020 11:58 PM

by Anonymousreply 215September 22, 2020 12:31 AM

Great Spanish addition to a Mexican classic jam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216September 22, 2020 3:08 AM

Silly things in the press every day or two trying to puzzle his special friend/man/boyfriend/whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 22, 2020 7:23 AM

This time they got it right R217. They even published the guy's first name. I don't think that Pablo will ever confirm/deny his past/present relationships since he separates his private from his public life (e.g. Gracias lyrics 2014, coming out video 2020). He is not hiding it but not publishing details either.

He will be on front page of spanish GQ October edition. Here is preview of the interview. Yet again it shows how normal and down-to-earth he is. The only surprise to me is that he mentioned children and marriage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218September 22, 2020 9:04 AM

Messed up the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 22, 2020 9:07 AM

R218 What did he say about children and marriage in this interview?

by Anonymousreply 220September 22, 2020 5:41 PM

This interview looks very interesting from the preview. R220 Google Translate is not bad if you read no spanish.

Re children & marriage, it was a brief mention but revealed that his thoughts go there. While explaining why he came out publicly now (didn't plan nor think that much, inspired by the moment), he said "I lived and had partners. I didn't want, if one day I have children or get married or whatever, it feels like I was caught/outed". He wants it to look as normality, since he always had a normal life etc.

by Anonymousreply 221September 23, 2020 7:45 AM

This is the gossip magazine that published paparazzi photos from Ibiza of him with the boyfriend. It says they call RR "a friend" only because there is no official confirmation, not missing to direct readers' attention to Pablo's hand "at the lower back of his companion" in the third photo. The article has "How do you like Pablo's friend" poll: 70% say "Muy guapo" vs 30% "I would be a better partner for Pablo". It says (no proof offered) that the pair also spent few days in Pablo's Costa del Sol, specifically Torremolinos, wondering whether Pablo's Malaga based family already met RR. My wildest guess is yes, but just based on his IG pre Ibiza: a story that suggested excitement about family gathering. No mention of Portugal in the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222September 26, 2020 7:13 AM

I just read this interview from El Pais, it's super interesting. He is one lucky guy. No wonder he is proud of his family and no wonder that with such parents a gay kid can grow up that happy, normal and stable. Handsome, smart, super talented, self confident with a good sense of humor, with a golden heart caring for others. I enjoy learning more about those very rare people. Hope you will too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223September 26, 2020 9:15 AM

in r126 he clearly let go of his heavy spanish accent. it is clear that he can pull off a good latin american accent, and he really sounds very good singing with latino accent.

by Anonymousreply 224September 26, 2020 4:49 PM

How do you like this first single from his upcoming album Vértigo?

I got hooked on it after playing it in repeat few times. It's like a mantra, beautiful lyrics about obsession with failed long term relationship, revolving around what could have been "If you had wanted" ("Si hubieras querido").

It's deeply sad song. Yet, he wrote it while being happier than ever. He often says that making music is like a therapy to him. Maybe Vértigo turns out to be the last session of this unburdening of past loves. I am curious what other songs are like, from fragments on his IG they promise surprises. And he already promised different sound and explorative approach, asked fans for an open mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225September 27, 2020 8:02 AM

He’s perfect. We just need to fix those eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 226September 27, 2020 3:02 PM

R223 Most people in Spain are very gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 227September 27, 2020 4:48 PM

Vértigo has finally landed.

As much I was obsessed with two singles, now three new songs are on my repeat: - Que siempre sea verano - De carne y hueso - Dicen

Anyone else? Your favorites from Vértigo ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228December 14, 2020 9:17 AM

He's handsome, but surely he can afford a better hairpiece.

by Anonymousreply 229December 14, 2020 9:27 AM

Curiously when you search his name on google, girlfriend (novia) comes first than gay. A host on a tv show who was interviewing him even joked that some of the fans didn't get the news of his coming out.

He has strong competition for the number one in albums this week, but even he is not that good in streaming like Aitana, he is way better in physical sales and dowloads, and spanish charts don't get that much importance to streaiming so he probably get another number one.

Like other people say, spanish (an latinamerican) markets are not as ageist as the USA or UK, so he is in the middle of his career, and he already had mostly adult fans. Coming out probably won't affect his career at all (and after all it revived Ricky Martin's career)

by Anonymousreply 230December 14, 2020 9:27 AM

Better looking than his dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231December 14, 2020 9:33 AM

R155 Wrong. Ricky Martin had a lot of years of career when he started to have success in the USA, and he continued to be very successful in spanish markets which are huge.

The USA is not the meassure of all, there are a lot of very successful artist who are completely unknown in the USA

by Anonymousreply 232December 14, 2020 9:38 AM

Wrong thread, sorry

by Anonymousreply 233December 14, 2020 9:39 AM

[quote] A host on a tv show who was interviewing him even joked that some of the fans didn't get the news of his coming out

R230 Are you talking about this interview (part 1 in link)? Broncano was googling him back in 2012. Pablo was at least pleased that "PA canciones" were ahead of "PA novia" then. He was not amused by questions about eating small "food" at the very start of the interview. Later he relaxed enough for jokes about "two hands" jerking practice and "mano mala".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 14, 2020 11:08 AM

Here is that bit about jerking off jokes in the interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 14, 2020 11:17 AM

R229 That is his hair, not a hairpiece. He wears it sometimes shorter but has had the same haircut for years.

by Anonymousreply 236December 15, 2020 7:57 AM

[quote] He has strong competition for the number one in albums this week, but even he is not that good in streaming like Aitana, he is way better in physical sales and dowloads, and spanish charts don't get that much importance to streaiming so he probably get another number one.

You got it R230. - he is officially #1. And has Christmas Eve show tonight on TVE.

Coming out definitely didn't hurt his career. One may even argue that it helped him a little bit. My take is that it was irrelevant. If only it were that normal and easy for other celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 237December 24, 2020 12:04 PM

No.1 here as well. (Of course, a sloppy mistake from the columnist, it should read "En 2020 reveló que es gay").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 9, 2021 12:42 PM

Anything new? I wasn't here for a while then couldn't post for a while.

In the meantime, I have been listening to lots of his old songs that I was unfamiliar with. I must say he has lots of great ones, though I seem to prefer his older style, but there isn't one song I'd call bad. That is quite an accomplishment.

From his new album, I really like Dicen and Malabares...in addition to Si Hubieras Querido, R228.

by Anonymousreply 239April 7, 2021 3:46 PM

Someone COMING OUT who neither looks nor sounds straight is not much of a coming out.

Recently a Canadian BMX rider ( whatever that means) named Corey Walsh came out.

He looks and sounds STRAIGHT so his coming out does have significance.

by Anonymousreply 240April 7, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote] He looks and sounds STRAIGHT

Please enlighten us. What does a straight man look like?

by Anonymousreply 241April 7, 2021 5:51 PM

R239 I like all songs from Vertigo, maybe only "Hablemos de amor" less than the rest. Yesterday I heared this song again after many years and was moved by "seré un loco enamorado más" part, got addicted. The man is genius. I like his curiosity for different styles. I also cannot single out a bad song. Strangly, "Solamente tú" that made him famous ten years, does little for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 7, 2021 10:12 AM

Yesterday he started his first real concert tour in Spain after/during pandemia promoting Vertigo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 7, 2021 10:14 AM

He will be on the new season of The Voice.

by Anonymousreply 244September 4, 2021 8:53 AM

He was quite busy. Few days ago he completed his summer spanish tour promoting Vértigo. Magic indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245September 4, 2021 11:06 AM

And has a surprise in spanish hit Money Heist on Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246September 4, 2021 11:15 AM

With spanish translation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247September 4, 2021 11:36 AM

Thanks, R246/R247, that was quite lovely.

by Anonymousreply 248September 4, 2021 12:38 PM

Nominated for several latin grammys👏👏👏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249September 28, 2021 4:35 PM

R249 I hope he will finally win. If awards were really merit of quality, he would have won many already.

On another note, his alleged ex José has a girlfriend now (per his IG stories). My guess was that Pablo had a short relationship with him back in 2017 (and stayed friends since) , not as some Latin American press claimed in 2020 when Pablo came out. Maybe José is bi or maybe they have always been just friends.

by Anonymousreply 250September 30, 2021 7:37 AM

Or Jose has lost his nerve.

by Anonymousreply 251September 30, 2021 7:41 AM

He is cute...But is he vaccinated?

by Anonymousreply 252September 30, 2021 8:07 AM

Handsome guy. Good to hear he didn't come out as bisexual, because, cancel me if you want, but I think most of the bisexuals are creeps. Or lying because they won't admit ther're gay. I don't mean the kiddies, it's normal for them to still explore.

by Anonymousreply 253September 30, 2021 8:45 AM

Thanks, R249. And yes, R250, he definitely deserves to win...he is incredibly talented.

Odd about his ex...are there any new rumours about Pablo himself dating anyone these days?

by Anonymousreply 254September 30, 2021 9:30 PM

Well R254. there was that Madrid based Ricardo guy he was papped with on summer vacation last year. It seems that relationship didn't last long as Pablo was back to Málaga in November and stayed there for quite long (guessing per series of IG posts with the dog, "his best friend"). Or it could be kind of on-off LDR. Although Pablo recently liked a friend's IG photo with Ricardo, it still proves nothing as they may have stayed friendly. We can only guess. Pablo never posts anything really personal (except the dog), not even his location. I guess that his team made an agreement with gossip media to leave him alone. All we get in media is about his projecs (new disc, concerts, collaborations, La Voz, los Grammy latinos) or descriptions of his IG posts.

by Anonymousreply 255September 30, 2021 10:03 PM

Adorbs, adorbs....is he wearing a wig?

by Anonymousreply 256September 30, 2021 10:05 PM

Yeah, could well be, R255. Thank you for the little information that exists anyway :).

by Anonymousreply 257September 30, 2021 10:06 PM

R256 You think this is a wig? There are other IG posts with his hair wet, check them. So I say no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258September 30, 2021 10:14 PM

R230 re Aitana he surely doesn't see her as a threat or competion (and no one else for that matter). This finally came out a few days ago. I don't know what each contributed to the song but it sounds100% Alborán to me, the lyrics especially. I guess someone this kind and generous is rare in the business.

Also a couple of days ago he thanked for 6m IG followers. The day he came out last year, he had 5.3m. Now with him on La Voz, they dominate over similar other programs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259October 17, 2021 9:08 AM

[quote]He is cute...But is he vaccinated?

Magic 8 Ball says: YES (90% of people over 12 are vaccinated in Spain)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 17, 2021 9:43 AM

He does seem lovely, R259, and I am glad he is getting more and more appreciation. The song is very nice, but I prefer his solo stuff in general.

by Anonymousreply 261October 17, 2021 3:09 PM

He is tireless. Amid La Voz, photo sessions and interviews... He just popped up in Uganda for shooting with a famous adventurer. He seems so natural and happy to be there. Maybe he learns a bit of this twerking too, could come useful 😄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 30, 2021 7:07 PM

He deleted that post but here it is on Calleja's IG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 30, 2021 7:12 PM

He is so sweet...just seems to exude a quiet confidence and peace with himself.

by Anonymousreply 264October 30, 2021 7:33 PM

More than 5 years later is he still that hurt by his ex cheating on him? When he left Spain for a year or more in America in 2016 IIRC the explaination was that he wanted to learn English better and to improve professionally. He certainly did both but was the main reason not to see his ex with another, to cure the wound for afar, as this latest song says? In a rare interview in English at the time, while expaning one of songs from Terral, he said it was about realizing you have to let someone go, but added jokingly that he made three albums thanks to that relationship.

Wether he still pines for the same guy or it is just that he is now completing some old themas (like Llueve sobre mojado after seven years), we got yet another beautiful song from him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265November 21, 2021 8:48 AM

I remember an interview where he talked about the breakup leading to several albums! It really does seem to have affected him a lot.

I will listen to this new song later. Thank you, R265.

by Anonymousreply 266November 21, 2021 1:40 PM

Deleted what post?

by Anonymousreply 267November 21, 2021 1:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!