Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Pride Apparel

Do you like it, do buy it, do you wear it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 2:46 AM

No, I don't.

by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2020 5:36 PM

NOPE.

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2020 5:42 PM

Grown-ups don't swan about as walking billboards of banality.

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2020 5:44 PM

Yeah no!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2020 5:48 PM

I exhibit my pride in who and what I am by the way I live my life and through my interactions with others...I don't need to wear rainbows to prove anything to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2020 5:55 PM

Nah. I don't need to wear rainbows to be a proud gay man.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2020 5:58 PM

We need an "I slept with Lady G" button.

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2020 6:00 PM

I used to. But after a certain age, one should not try to be a youth again.

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2020 6:01 PM

No. Not because I'm not proud of being gay--I'd wear a sign if I felt like it--but because most popular signifiers of LGBT are so ugly, banal, trashy, and poorly designed.

As I've said on DL before, rainbow Pride insignia has all the impact and sophistication of unicorns, kittens, and Strawberry Shortcake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2020 6:09 PM

I do if it has a great design or to support a business that I am already a fan of.

by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2020 6:15 PM

I wear blue and green together frequently. I don't like the other four colors.

by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2020 6:25 PM

Most gay men I know 40 and older actually hate these clothes. I have someone tell me straight out “Pride is not about a flag and rainbow clothing, it’s about our rights, but today’s youth have no idea why Pride exists”

I was wearing a T-shirt with rainbows and he must have been triggered. This was at a gay bar and people at the bar agreed with him.

by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2020 6:41 PM

They also hate how Corporations are using gays pain and fight for equality etc. for money.

by Anonymousreply 13June 13, 2020 6:42 PM

I found this on a conservative website which strongly denounced it.

It appears that Donald Trump will sell you anything. A MAGA pride hat sold by the Trump campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 2:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!