Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Album(s) Have You Been Listening To NonStop During Quarantine?

For me... Arular by M.I.A & Butterfly by Mariah Carey!

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 3:01 PM

Appetite for Destruction,

Chrome,

Master of Puppets,

The Immaculate Collection

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2020 3:36 AM

Jesus Christ Superstar

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2020 3:38 AM

"Abie Baby", "Three Five Zero/What a Piece of Work is Man", "The Flesh Failures", from the orig. broadway cast album of "Hair." I just downloaded the lyrics for "Abie Babie" a month ago and now I can understand why they're unintelligible. And the double verse singing at the end of "The Flesh Failures" stirs me every time I hear it. I've been listneing to it for 51 years. My neighbour made me a cassette copy of "Hair" and "Woodstock." I was all of 9 years old at the time. Bless him.

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2020 5:06 AM

Phantom of the Paradise (soundtrack by Paul Williams)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2020 5:39 AM

I'm listening to M.I.A. during this time too. I've owned a couple of her albums for years and years but never really spent time trying to get into them. I guess now is the time. I've only really listened to the first two in depth so far, but Arular is SO good! I think Kala has some songs on it that are better than anything on Arular, but Arular works better as a cohesive album. Anyway, am enjoying listening to her properly for the first time (prior to this I was really only familiar with "Paper Planes" and "Bad Girls", despite owning her albums).

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 2:10 PM

Stan Getz and surf music.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 2:13 PM

Mainly: Fetch the Bolt Cutters-Fiona Apple

Set my Heart on fire immediately- Perfume Genius

i,i - Bon Iver

And now I’ve added Phoebe Bridgers “Punisher” which is so, so lovely.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 2:16 PM

Old Thomas Dolby. Both Golden Age of Wireless and The Flat Earth. I forgot just how beautiful his music could be. He was so mistakenly discounted by his easy hits (She Blinded Me With Science and Hyperactive!). The Flat Earth, Dissidents, Screen Kiss, One of Our Submarines, and Europa are such great 80s songs.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 2:16 PM

Motorhead (s/t)

Blizzard of Ozz

Blonde on Blonde

Music for the Masses

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 2:23 PM

Bohren & Der Club of Gore - Patchouli Blue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 2:28 PM

Speaking about M.I.A., her last album, AIM, is not half-bad. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 2:29 PM

Barbra. Every album.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 2:35 PM

Butterfly? I'd sooner break quarantine for a Trump rally.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 3:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!