Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Black Lives Matter Melbourne leader hopes "Australia burns to the ground"

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2020 7:35 PM

She sounds lovely.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2020 2:26 AM

Well, I’m not inciting violence... but beginning again may be less work than “fixing” things.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2020 2:32 AM

But...think of the koalas!

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2020 2:33 AM

There are many countries where someone who looks like her would not be considered black.

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2020 2:34 AM

Looks like she really enjoys her Vegemite sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2020 2:35 AM

If she lost like 100 lbs, she wouldn't care about this shit.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2020 3:00 AM

R2 Don't know much history , do you?

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2020 3:03 AM

In traditional Aboriginal society she would have been chattel. She should be careful what she wishes for.

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2020 3:04 AM

Serious questions:

1. Is she Aboriginal/Native or of African descent?

2. Is she trans?

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2020 3:13 AM

White fellahs don't give a flying fuck whether or not Black fellahs are discriminated against because there is nothing and no one to compel them to. And Onus-Williams is well aware of that fact.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2020 3:31 AM

How many blacks are in Australia anyway?

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2020 3:49 AM

Australia, too? Is there ANY country that's not racist?

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2020 4:41 AM

Actually I’ve been reading all these woke posts lately on Instagram that racism was invented by white Americans to oppress black people.

So it obviously doesn’t exist in Australia, Tarneen — the Onus is on you to prove otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2020 5:50 AM

R11

If you mean people of African descent, likely very few, but Australian Aborigines have been treated appallingly for centuries. I'm guessing this woman is Aborigine.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2020 7:37 AM

Why burn it? Couldn't she just eat Australia?

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2020 7:39 AM

Doesn't it do that anyway every summer?

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2020 8:00 AM

Please don’t let this fat bitch speak for all black people. I got more white dick in Aussie than I could handle.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2020 8:02 AM

Can't really fault her for thinking that way if she's aboriginal, which she looks like she is.

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2020 10:23 AM

Saying "Burn it all to the ground" is just another way of advocating mass murder. It's not like you can burn a nation to the ground without killing many people. And guess what? Fire doesn't see race. It's not only the "bad wypipo" that will burn.

So mass murder is okay as long as you identify as a member of a group that's oppressed? That's fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2020 10:34 AM

Wow, she sounds just like a young, white male professor in the humanities in any university in the US!

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2020 10:56 AM

It was hyperbole, R19, don't be ridiculous. No one thought she was advocating mass murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2020 11:33 AM

She doesn't have to burn it down. She just has to sit on it.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2020 12:12 PM

Maybe Tarneen Onus-Williams could lead by example and shed 150 pounds. Think of how many non-white starving kids could be fed with what she gorges on. Another would-be Winnie Mandela.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2020 12:15 PM

Are you being sarcastic, R21? Because your link shows the opposite to be true.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2020 12:15 PM

No, it doesn't. She was accused of making angry, divisive comments which hinted at violent acts against state institutions. She responded that her words weren't meant to be taken literally. Activists often engage in hyperbole and controversy to attract attention, e.g. Larry Kramer. Do you think every country is a police state, always ready to act against non-whites who step out of line?

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2020 12:37 PM

[quote]Saying "Burn it all to the ground" is just another way of advocating mass murder.

"Burn it to the ground" is an old cliche. Jesus, it was even the title of a Nickelback album. It's not a call for mass murder, you lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2020 1:22 PM

When protestors are already setting fires, it most certainly is incitement to violence at best, to potential mass murder at worst. It absolutely is. People are literally setting fires, so yes, "burn it all down" in that context is incitement to violence.

R21, what you wrote is that "nobody" took her literally. The link shows that there was a huge backlash because many people did take her literally, at which point she defended herself by saying she hadn't meant it literally, and that sometimes when people are "poetic," they are misunderstood.

I can't find any poetry in "Fuck Australia. I hope it fucking burns to the ground," but you do you, boo.

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2020 1:29 PM

You are well aware that I never said that no one took her literally. I said no one interpreted her as trying to incite mass murder. No one interpreted her as trying to incite mass murder because only a racist would default to that assumption.

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2020 2:13 PM

R27: You seem very emotionally invested in attacking this woman. What are you doing to stop the appalling treatment of Aboriginals in Australia? Assuming you live there....

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2020 3:25 PM

[Quote] 1. Is she Aboriginal/Native or of African descent?

You can't tell just by looking at her that she's Aboriginal 🤔

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2020 4:14 PM

God, what a name!

by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2020 4:26 PM

[quote[ What are you doing to stop the appalling treatment of Aboriginals in Australia?

For that matter, what are YOU doing to stop the appalling treatment of the Uighurs in China? Or the Rohingya in Myanmar? Or the Shiite Hazaras in Afghanistan?

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2020 4:29 PM

I thought Australia DID burn to the ground last year?

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2020 5:12 PM

[quote]You can't tell just by looking at her that she's Aboriginal 🤔

Yes, but to assume that woudl be "racist".

So then why is she part of BLM vs. an Aboriginal rights group?

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2020 7:18 PM

The entire world will be run by conservative politicians for a generation because of stupid bitches like this.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2020 7:33 PM

Of course it’s the Daily Heil reporting this.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2020 7:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!