Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who do you hate more Ellen or Oprah?

Now this should be interesting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2020 7:22 PM

I LOVE Laura Dern.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2020 1:13 AM

Ellen is a bigger cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2020 1:15 AM

Ellen just seems smarmy an mean...

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2020 1:20 AM

Ellen seems genuinely mean and isn't she also an alcoholic? Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2020 1:23 AM

Ellen was always boring and unfunny to me. Never understood why she was popular.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2020 1:54 AM

Don't forget about Leah Michele!

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2020 2:00 AM

Oprah seems friendly and nice but Ellen is phony friendly and it's as though something (anger, rage, resentment, whatever) is bubbling below the surface.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2020 2:18 AM

Oprah earned the right to be where she is.

Besides she was fine until she went all 'new age.'

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2020 2:22 AM

Do we really need another hate thread?

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2020 2:31 AM

While I am sure they both can be trials, it is hard not to feel some warmth for Oprah and her hard work on the way up to being more beloved than God. Ellen was funny before she came out and, as a result of the fame that fame with that (and it WAS a brave act when she did it), reports consistentlyvdescribe her as dale, drunk, rageaholic. So, Team Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2020 2:44 AM

What a dumb and mean spirited question. Why would anyone hate Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2020 2:55 AM

I’d like to watch Oprah fuck Kelly or sandy or whatever her name is. If she could just get two fingers into her deep dark pinky gash u would be so happy. Imagine how happy and in to the tune of my boy would

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2020 2:58 AM

I don't HATE either but I dislike Ellen more than Oprah. Oprah managed to get the world reading again through her book club - if you didn't like the book she chose, she at least got you into reading!

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2020 3:11 AM

[quote]Ellen seems genuinely mean and isn't she also an alcoholic? Pathetic.

R4 Thank you for your opinion that alcoholics are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2020 3:15 AM

[quote] Thank you for your opinion that alcoholics are pathetic.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2020 3:16 AM

Team Oprah.

I miss her regular show, and in these very troubled times I think she could have made a difference.

The book club alone got people reading.

&P.S. She was really quite good in The Color Purple.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2020 3:17 AM

OP, you have to use the word HATE? How about asking which one we prefer...or which one we like less?

You're a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2020 3:17 AM

Ellen is nastier as a person, but Oprah is extremely corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2020 3:19 AM

Why am I supposed to hate Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2020 3:20 AM

RIght, I don't understand why someone would hate Oprah but it makes sense why someone couldn't stand Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2020 3:20 AM

Why hate Oprah?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2020 2:16 AM

I always enjoyed Oprah show. Until she really started kissing celebrities asses. I was like, bitch please. You have more money than they ever will.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2020 2:21 AM

R19 extreme closet case.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2020 2:26 AM

R7 Yeah, I can see Oprah being a demanding diva bitch, but she doesn't seem MEAN like Ellen does.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2020 2:40 AM

We've tried for years to get tickets to Ellen, but she insist on giving them to Flyover Frauen.

Those same Frauen all comment on how cold and distant she is in person.

Never hear that about Mama O.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2020 2:52 AM

Both

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2020 3:04 AM

Sandra Bullock slammed Ellen in 2018 and called her a "horrible human being."

Sandra: I hate being scared. I hate people who think it's funny to stand before doors and scare you because they know you hate being scared.

Sarah: Like Ellen DeGeneres.

Sandra: Horrible human being. I don't know why I keep going on her show. She's a horrible human being for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2020 3:18 AM

????? We LOVE Oprah!!!

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2020 3:18 AM

Ellen is a psychopath. The stories from former staffers about her drunken tirades sound terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2020 3:21 AM

R27 - Sandra Bullock slamming Ellen starts at 1:47.

Who the FUCK would go on that show if they know that that evil psycho will have someone popping out to freak them out? What if someone has a heart attack?

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2020 3:32 AM

[quote]I don't HATE either but I dislike Ellen more than Oprah. Oprah managed to get the world reading again through her book club - if you didn't like the book she chose, she at least got you into reading!

"The world"? Do you understand that Oprah is not well know beyond America and, perhaps, the rest of the English-speaking world?

Do you not remember that story she told about a ritzy Swiss store that refused to sell her an expensive bag because the racist employee didn't think she would have the money?

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2020 3:35 AM

R31 To be fair, that was a Hermès store. I bet a Swiss book store would have welcomed her with open arms.

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2020 3:56 AM

Ellen is a drunken cunt.

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2020 4:09 AM

[quote]Do you understand that Oprah is not well know beyond America and, perhaps, the rest of the English-speaking world?

The show aired in 149 countries worldwide and was often renamed and dubbed into other languages. I grew up in the Netherlands and have been aware of her all my life.

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2020 4:10 AM

[quote] "The world"? Do you understand that Oprah is not well know beyond America and, perhaps, the rest of the English-speaking world?

OMG. Are you kidding?

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2020 4:32 AM

I have new respect for Sandra Bullock now. But Sarah Paulson doesn't get off so easy. I know crew members that work on American Horror story. And they all say that she is a major cunt.

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2020 4:32 AM

R27, She's only kidding. Ellen and Sandra are friends in real life.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2020 4:35 AM

R23, kiss my ass, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2020 1:30 PM

[quote]Who do you hate more Ellen or Oprah?

Johnny Carson

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2020 1:33 PM

To me, Ellen is simply an ambulatory hate object. No respect.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote]The show aired in 149 countries worldwide and was often renamed and dubbed into other languages.

I don't know if your numbers are right, but I'm an non-American, too, and I can tell by personal observation: the non-English-speaking world doesn't know who she is.

[quote]I grew up in the Netherlands and have been aware of her all my life.

So have I, but that's because, like you, I consume a lot of English-language media. But even in countries with widespread English use, like Switzerland, Oprah is not widely recognized; you have to understand that she's even less known in countries with less English ability.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2020 3:10 PM

R41: The Oprah Winfrey Show was on every weekday afternoon in the Netherlands for more than 20 years. It aired on the commercial TV channel with the highest ratings and was certainly not exclusive to people "who consume a lot of English-language media"--it was most popular with stay-at-home moms, just like in North America. Ever heard of subtitles? I visited Sweden back in the year 2000, and it was on TV every day over there as well. Hers is one of the most recognizable faces in the --not just English-speaking--world.

[quote]The influence of Oprah Winfrey's chat show here in the United States is well documented. But it long ago spread beyond our borders, being broadcast in around 150 countries. "I don't think there is a talk show host in the world now who hasn't studied Oprah and thought, I'm going to be the next Oprah," said Ellis Cashmore, author of the book 'Celebrity/Culture.' "Every talk show host has some semblance of Oprah. Her fingerprints are everywhere." That includes the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, where The Patricia Show is produced. It's broadcast on TV across the African continent. Host Patricia Amira readily agreed that she and her team picked things up from watching Oprah's production: the set and the lighting, for instance. But The Patricia Show doesn't copy Oprah. It couldn't even if it wanted to. For one thing, Amira's guests tend to be more reticent than American ones. "People aren't very comfortable speaking about themselves," Amira said. "That's something that is growing but people don't talk, people don't engage. How else is the African continent supposed to grow if we're not sharing our stories?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2020 7:02 PM

Oprah cause she colored.

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2020 7:15 PM

Ellen because she's a phony, and shes ugly.

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2020 7:26 PM

r42 Whatever, dude, the Netherlands has like 15 million people. On a global scale, it doesn't really matter.

by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2020 10:04 PM

Yet you conveniently ignore the "broadcast in around 150 countries" bit in the article linked below my post. That's pretty much a "global scale," wouldn't you say?

by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2020 6:10 AM

They should just replace Ellen with Jane Lynch...a blond lesbian that people actually like.

by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2020 6:19 AM

OP I refrained from voting since you didn’t include Rosie O’Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2020 6:21 AM

Oprah has BO but Ellen has bad breath

by Anonymousreply 49June 9, 2020 5:49 PM

r46 Oprah is not widely known in 150 countries, ninny. Not sure why it's so important for you to believe that, but she... isn't.

by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2020 6:19 PM

Ellen might be mean and a drunk, but she isn’t responsible for foisting Drs. Phil and Oz on the world.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2020 6:22 PM

I don't hate either one of them, I really don't spend much time thinking about them.

Ellen is at least honest about her sexuality, so, bonus points for her.

Oprah & her "fiancee" have the longest engagement in the history of the world.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2020 6:29 PM

I love them both, and I would love being friends with them.

Oprah, would be the perfect host of a weekend house party. Your room would be perfect. The food divine, and the other houseguests as interesting as can be. Oprah would make sure to make you feel that you were the most important person in the world to her.

I would love to take a road trip with Ellen across the United States. She would be the perfect Wing Man, finding all the good tunes on the radio and have the wittiest comments on all the wackos we'd be sure to encounter. It would be like Thelma and Louis (not Louise).

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2020 6:40 PM

Fuck you, OP. The question should be "who do you like less?" Call me whatever name you want.

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2020 7:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!